Unit 3 Travel Journal
A Night in the Mountains
Have you ever been to Tibet?
Do you want to travel to Tibet? Before your journey, what should you do?
Water bottle Sun-glasses
If you are going with Wang Kun and Wang Wei, you can only take three things. what will you take and why?
You can use these sentence patterns to help you in the discussion
I’d like to bring...with me because... I will take…with me because…
E.g. I will take water bottle with me because I can use it to drink water during the journey.
True or false
1.They reached Tibet in winter. ( F) 2.Wang Wei always rode in front of me. ( T ) 3. When we reached a valley, it became warmer.( T ) 4. They went to sleep early in their tent. ( F ) 5. There was almost no wind on that night.( T ) 6. Their cousins will join them in Dali.( T )
see On the mountain: 1. snowfall 2. clear sky 3. bright stars In the valleys: 1.butterflies flying around us 2. yaks and sheep eating grass Hear No wind but flames of the fire 1. ride bike in the snow. 2. change winter clothes for summer clothes _______________ 3. put up tent to make camp 1. Legs were heavy and cold . 2. To climb the mountain was hard work but to go down the hills is great fun . 3. we can hardly wait to see our cousins.
Read and act
Our legs felt heavy and cold. It means they were tired and felt very cold. 我们的腿又沉又冷. 我们的腿又沉又冷 Have you ever seen snowmen ride bicycle? It is snowing while they are cycling. 你看见过雪人骑自行车吗? 你看见过雪人骑自行车吗 We can hardly wait to see them! They are eager to see their cousins. 我们迫不及待地想要见到他们! 我们迫不及待地想要见到他们
What have we learned?
Today, we have learned some words of traveling items and to prepare for the journey. By reading, we have traveled to Tibet with Wang Kun and Wang Wei. Following their steps, we enjoyed the beauty of night in the mountains.
Review the new words in the reading. Write a travel journal of a place that you traveled to. It should include what you saw during the travel and your feeling about the travel.
1. Wang wei rode in front of me as usual as usual:像往常一样 像往常一样 Although he felt uncomfortable, he
worked as usual ___________________.(像往常一样努力 像往常一样努力
工作） 工作） This morning he got up very early as usual _________________. (像往常一样起得很早） 像往常一样起得很早） 像往常一样起得很早
2.To climb the mountain road was hard work but as we looked around us, we were surprised by the view. 爬山很难, 但是当我们环顾四周的时 爬山很难 候我们被这里的景色给震惊了。 候我们被这里的景色给震惊了。
(1) 不定式作主语 谓语动词用单数 不定式作主语, 谓语动词用单数, 可以用形式主语it. 可以用形式主语 e.g. To learn a foreign language is important for your future work. =It is important for your future work to learn a foreign language. Is it necessary to complete the design before National Day?
(2) view n. [C] 自然美景，风景 自然美景， 从某处看到的东西 e.g. You’ll get a better view of the pianist if you stand up.
2. We had to change our caps, coats, gloves and trousers for T-shirts and shorts. 我们只好把帽子, 外套和裤子换下 穿 我们只好把帽子 外套和裤子换下, 恤和短裤。 上T恤和短裤。 恤和短裤 change “换衣 更换” 换衣, 换衣 更换” Wait, it won’t take me long to change.
get changed 换好衣服 change 可作名词 “零钱”讲 零钱” change A for B 用Ａ换Ｂ
高考链接 Sara, hurry up. I’m afraid you won’t have time to____ before the party. A. get changed C. get changing B. get change D. get to change
3. In the early evening, we always stop to make camp. 傍晚我们停下来宿营。 傍晚我们停下来宿营。 camp n. [C, U] 野营 营地 营帐 野营, 营地, 短语] [短语 短语 make camp go camping 扎营, 扎营 宿营 去露营, 去露营 去野营
At weekends many Australians go walking or camping in the countryside, called the bush.
4. We put up our tents and then we ate. 我们先搭起帐篷然后吃饭。 我们先搭起帐篷然后吃饭。 举起, ① 举起 抬起 = raise 挂起, ② 挂起 张贴 建造, ③ 建造 搭起 = build 住宿, ④ 住宿 留宿 Bear them in your mind!
e.g. He put up his hand to catch the teacher’s attention. A new notice has been put up on the board. A new theatre will be put up where there used to be a temple. Will you put me up for the night?
开放思维 put away 把……收起来 存放 收起来, 收起来 put back 放回原处 put down 放下, 写下, 镇压 放下 写下 put forward 提出 learn by heart put off 推迟 拖延 推迟, put out 扑灭 伸出 扑灭, put one’s heart to 全神贯注于 put an end to 使结束
5. We can hardly wait to see them. 我们迫不及待地想看一看 [考点 hardly是副词，意为“简直不能”， 考点] 是副词， 考点 是副词 意为“简直不能” 常用于can / could之后，主要动词之前， 常用于 之后，主要动词之前， 之后 强调做某事很难。 强调做某事很难。 [考例 I must be getting fat — I can 考例] 考例 ______ do my trousers up. (2004全国卷 II) 全国卷 A. fairly B. hardly C. nearly D. seldom
[点拨 根据句意“我一定是在变胖，我几 点拨] 根据句意“我一定是在变胖， 点拨 乎扣不上裤子了” 乎扣不上裤子了”，可知此处缺一个表示 否定的副词，所以排除A、 ； 否定的副词，所以排除 、C； seldom意 意 很少” 与句意不符。故选B。 为“很少”，与句意不符。故选 。
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字 母提示，写出该单词的正确形式。 母提示，写出该单词的正确形式。 1. I’ll be asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow p______. 2. He read his watch by the flame of a f______ match. 3. Lucy is a r______ girl, and you can reliable depend on her. 4. He was standing on the bridge looking at the river beneath / below b____________.
II. 根据句意，选择适当的词组填空。 根据句意，选择适当的词组填空。 1. as usual, than usual A. There are more people here ______. than usual B. He will go home, as usual for Christmas. ______, 2. so...that, such...that A. He gave Mary ______ a shock ______ such that her face turned white. B. She runs ______ quickly ______ we so that can’t keep up with her.