湄潭中学 2013—2014 学年第一学期学期高一年级英语试卷
英语试题卷共 16 页。满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1.答题前，务必将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在答题卡规定的位置上。 2.所有题目必须在答题卡上作答，在试题卷上答题无效。 3.考试结束后，将试题卷和答题卡一并交回。 第一部分：听力(共三节，满分 30 分) 第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 请听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试题卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How long dose it take to London by train? A. 1 hour 2. What does the woman mean? A. She wants to read right away. B. She doesn’t want to read .C. She has no time to read. B. 3 hours C. 2 hours
3. What does the woman want to know? A. How the man got the message. C. Why her brother called. 4. What makes the woman so happy? A. Her parents’ visit. B. Her exam result. C. Her own looks. B. When she need meet her brother.
5. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. Their reading habits. B. Their professor. 第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 20 分) C. Their homework.
听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项。 听每段对话或独白前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 请听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题
6. What is important to the man? A. To attend the concert on weekends. C. To sit together with his friends 7. When will the man go to the concert? A. On Thursday. B. On Sunday. C. On Friday. B.To have cheaper tickets.
8. How much does the man have to pay? A. $90. B. $30 请听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题 9. Where is the man? A. In France. B. In Beijing. C. In New York. C. $100.
10. What is the main purpose of the man’s coming visit? A. To be on holiday. B. To attend a meeting. C. To see the woman.
11. When will the two speakers meet? A. On June 22 B. On June 21 C. On June 20
请听第 8 段材料。回答第 12 至 14 题 12. Where are the two speakers? A. In the garden. B. In the library. C. In the classroom.
13. How many units will be included in the test? A. 6. 14. What test will they have? A. Language. B. Geography. C. History. B. 4. C. 3.
请听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题 15. Where is the conversation most probably taking place? A. In an office. B. At a restaurant. C. At a cinema.
16. What is the man still thinking about? A. The food to order. B. The movie C. The interview.
17. What is the woman’s advice to the man? A. To wait for the result. B. To ask the boss. 请听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题 18.What’s the first activity for the afternoon? A.An elephant show B.A monkey show. C.A tiger show. 19.Where is the monkey garden? A.In the east of the zoo. B.In the south of the zoo. C.In the west of the zoo. 20.When will the last activity begin? A.At 4:30 B.At3:30 C.At 5:30 二、英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题：每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请从 A、B、C 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项标号 涂黑。 21.—Could I use your computer for a few minutes ,please? — . I’m not using it. A. Come on B. It just depends C. Go ahead D. That’great 22. The young student did all that he could ______the examinations. A. pass B. passed C. to pass D. passing 23. The computer system _______suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet. A. broke down B .broke in C. gave out D. got through 24. This is the very factory ______we visited last year. A. that B. which C. where D. in which 25. Things, ______is often the case, will turn out to be contrary to one’s wish. A. which B. as C. whose D. it 26. Helen go on trip with us tonight, but she isn’t quite sure yet. A. can B. may C. will D. must 27.This is my manager ,Jack ,and he ＿＿ English for four years in Sichuan University. A. studied B. had studied C. has studied D. studies 28. It won’t be long ＿＿we know the result of the examination. A. that B. before C. since D. when 29. It was not until midnight they reached the camp site. A. that B. when C. while D. as 30.He must be helping the old man to water the flowers, ？ A. is he B. isn’t he C. must he D. mustn’t he 31.I have won a holiday for two to Florida. I______ my mum. A. am taking B. have taking C. take D. will have taken 32.-----Do you like the material ?
C. To see the movie again.
------Yes, it_________ very soft. A. is feeling B. felt C. feel D. is felt 33.It is world of wonders , world where anything can happen. A. a; a B. the; a C.不填；不填 D. a; the 34.Could you tell me ________? A. where are you from B .where were you from C. where you are from D. where you were from 35.—Which of the two computer games did you prefer ？ —Actually I didn’t like . A. both o f them B . either of them C. none of them D. neither of them 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后面各题锁哥的四个选项(A、 B、C 和 D)中选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My father brought home a sailboat when I was ten, and almost each Sunday in summers we would go sailing. Dad was quite skilled in sailing, but not good at 36 . As for me, I 37 both before twelve because of living close to Lake Ontario. The last time Dad and I set sail together is really 38 . It was a perfect weekend after I graduated from university. I came home and 39 Dad to go sailing. Out we set soon on the 40 lake. Dad hadn’t sailed for years, but everything 41 well with the tiller（舵柄）in his hands. When we were in the middle of the lake, a 42 wind came all of a sudden. The boat was hit 43 . Dad was always at his best in any 44 , but at this moment he 45 . “John! 46 !” he shouted in a trembling voice, with the tiller still in his hands. In my memory he could fix any 47 . He was the one I always 48 for strength and security. Before I could respond, a 49 of water got into the boat. I rushed to the tiller 50 it was too late. Anther huge wall of water 51 the boat in a minute. We were thrown into the water, and Dad was struggling aimlessly. At that moment, I felt fiercely 52 of him. I swam to Dad 53 and assisted him in climbing onto the hull（船壳）of the boat. Upon sitting on the hull, Dad was a little awkward about his flash of 54 . “It’s all right, Dad. We are safe now,” I comforted him. That was the first time Dad had counted on me in a moment of emergency. More importantly, I found it was my turn to start 55 for my father. 36.A.boating B. running C. swimming D. teaching 37.A.enjoyed B. desired C. hated D. learned 38.A.unforgivable B. unforgettable C. cheerful D. regretful 39.A.sent B. ordered C. invited D. allowed 40.A.calm B. icy C. stormy D. thundery 41.A.finished B. went C. seemed D. sounded 42.A.strong B. gentle C. cold D. hot 43.A.respeatedly B. lightly C. hardly D. violently 44. A. danger B. place C. sport D. job 45. A. suffered B. fell C. froze D. withdrew 46. A. look B. Help C. Run D. Jump 47. A. problem B. relationship C. machine D. boat 48. A. turned to B. lived with C. argued with D. objected to
49. A. fountain B. stream C. shower D. wave 50. A. if B. for C. after D. but 51. A. got through B. poured into C. turned over D. lifted up 52. A. ashamed B. protective C. tired D. afraid 53. A. hopelessly B. quickly C. slowly D. helplessly 54. A. pain B. anger C. fear D. shame 55. A. making up B. getting ready C. paying off D. looking out 第二部分阅读理解(共两节，满分 40 分》 第一节(共 15 小题:每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项《A、 B、 C 和 D)中。选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 A A man was going to open a shop selling hats. He wanted a good sign to put over his shop. He wrote JOHN BROWN HATTER Makes and Sells Hats for Ready Money The first friend gave him the advice that the word“hatter”wasn’t needed. So John crossed out the hatter. Then he came to another friend for advice. This friend said that it was not polite to say“for ready money”.So he crossed out “for ready money”. The sign now said: JOHN BROWN Makes and Sells Hats One day a friend was passing his shop. He saw this sign and said that when a man bought a hat, he didn’t ask who made it. So John crossed out“makes.”But when another friend saw“John Brown sells hats”,he said“Of course you sell hats. No one thinks you give them away.”So,at last the sign tead: JOHN BROWN 56.The underlined phrase for ready money mean . A. the money for the hats must be ready now B. pay for the hat here when you buy it C. hats here are only for the people with much money D. if you buy the hat you can pay for it in a few days 57.What was crossed out first? A. “for ready money”. B. “Hats”. C. “Hatter”. D.“John Brown sells hats”. 58.Everyone has thought. A. the same B. his own C. many D. two 59.This story tells that . A. it’s easy to sell hats B. the man wanted to please nobody C. sellers must please everyone D. it isn’t possible to please everyone B Coffee house became popular in America when people from Europe brought the idea with
them. Coffee soon became the leading drink. Today people in the United States drink more coffee than people in any other countries. People drink coffee at breakfast, at lunch, at home, at work (A rest period is called "coffee break". ). They eat coffee ice cream and coffee candy. Special coffee cakes are made to be eaten with coffee. The low tables that are put in front of couches are called coffee tables. Coffee is drunk by people around the world. Coffee is available at snack bars or coffee bars in Mexico City, Rome, Tokyo and all of the other big cities in the world, Some people like coffee'that is very black and strong. Other people like coffee with cream and. sugar. In all the ways coffee is served, and it has become an international drink. 60. Who drinks more coffee than those in any other countries today? A. American people. B. Japanese. C. Rome people. D. Mexico City people. 61. Where do people drink coffee today? A. In few countries. B. Around the world. C. In some countries. D. Only in America. 62. Some people like coffee , others like coffee A. being black and strong; without cream and sugar B. being black and strong; with cream and sugar C. that is black and strong; without cream and sugar D.that is black and strong; with neither cream nor sugar 63.The underlined word leading in the first paragraph means A. most important B. necessary C. satisfying D. unpopular C
Read the above brochure( 海 报 ) from the Swansea Zoo and answer the following questions. 64. If you want m visit the Swansea Zoo, what is the best time to get there? A. 4: 00p.m. on Sunday. B. 4:00 p.m. on Friday. C. 9:00 a.m. on Friday. D. 9:30 a.m. on Sunday. 65. Which of the following is allowed in the Swansea Zoo? A. To give an orange to a monkey. B. To pat a tiger on the head. C. To throw waste things everywhere.
VISIT SWANSEA ZOO Come and see the African elephants and the new tigers from India. The Arctic bears are waiting to meet you, and the giraffe from Zambia are waiting to look down on you. Tickets Opening time Adults:￡1.20 9:00 a. m. -4:00 p.m. Children: Over 12: 80 pence except Friday Under 12: Free 10.00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. KEEP THE ZOO CLEAN! DO NOT: FEED, TOUCH OR GO NEAR THE ANIMALS!
D. To talk about the animals freely in the zoo. 66. According to the brochure, which of the following is right? A. You must visit the Swansea Zoo. B. The new tigers in the zoo are from India. C. The Arctic bears are waiting at the gate of the zoo. D. The monkeys from Zambia will give you something. D The moon was the earth's first satellite. A satellite is a small body that goes around a big- ger one. The first man-made satellite went into orbit in 1957. By 1968, there were over 300 satellites in orbit. Some satellites send back weather pictures. Others send out radio waves. Some satellites we call "junk". In 1963, the United States put millions of small pieces of wire into orbit. They were used to carry radio waves. Many of these wires may still be there. Some space junk was not put in orbit on purpose. One piece of space junk is a glove lost by an astronaut! Space is very big. Does it matter if there is junk in orbit? Some people think so. They say we must be careful how we use this new resource. They think anything man puts into space should be built to come back to earth when its work is done. 67. Earth’ s first satellite was . A. the moon B. the sun C. the stars D. the clouds 68.What do some satellites send back? A. Some satellites send back the space rubbish. B. Some satellites carry radio waves back to us. C. Some satellites send back weather pictures. D: Some satellites send back gloves of the astronauts'. 69 The main idea of the whole story is that A. some satellites become space junk B. there are pieces of wire in space C. space is too big for our astronauts D. man - made satellites go into orbit 70. Which of the following does this story lead you to believe? A. Space junk is one of our oldest resources. B. All countries should put junk into space. C. Satellites help man loam about the world. D .Scientists should put more satellites in orbit. 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能坡入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多于 选项。 Public Speaking Training · Get a coach 71 , so get help. Since there are about a billion companies out there all ready to offer you public speaking training and courses, here are some things to look for when deciding the training that's right for you. · Focus on positives
Any training you do to become more effective at public speaking should always focus on the positive aspects of what you already do well. Nothing can hurt confidence more than being told that you aren't doing well. 72 , so good public speaking training should develop those instead of telling you what you shouldn't do. 73 If you find a public speaking course that looks as though it's going to give you lots of dos and don'ts, walk away! Your brain is so full of what you're going to be talking about. 74 . As far as we're concerned, there are basically no hard and fast rules about public speaking. Your audience can be your friends. You are a special person not a clone Most importantly, good public speaking training should treat you as a special one, with your own personal habits. 75 . Your training course should help you bring out your personality, not try to turn you into someone you're not. A. You aren't like anybody else B. You already do lots of things well C. Turn your back on too many rules D. Check the rules about dos and don'ts E. Whatever the presentation, public speaking is tough F .The one thing you don't want is for them to fall asleep G. So trying to force a whole set of rules into it will just make things worse 第Ⅱ卷 注意：将答案写在答题卡上。写在本试卷上无效。 第三部分 写作（共两页，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：把缺词处加一个漏符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 When I walked into the classroom, the teacher was handing in the tests. I was feeling very nervous. I had not studied at all at the weekend as I had thought it would be easy test. I went through the test for many times but I could only answer three out of the twenty questions. I did not want fail the exam. Then, I put my book under my desk, opening it and started looking for the answer. The teacher wasn’t looking at me, but I copied something. Sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder! The teacher caught me cheating. I don’t know what to say. Luckily, the teacher did not punish for cheating but instead gave me a second chance. 1、 2、 3、 4、 5、 6、 7、 8、 9、 10、
第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假定你是李华。你的英国朋友 Peter 来信向你咨询如何才能学好中文。请你根据下列要
点写封回信。 1.参加中文学习班； 2.看中文书刊、电影、电视 。3.学唱中文歌曲。4.结交中国朋友。 注意：1.词数 100 左右； 2.可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3.开头语已为你写好。 Dear Peter, I’m glad to receive your letter asking for my advice on how to learn Chinese well. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________
湄潭中学 2013—2014 学年第一学期 高一年级英语科试卷答题卡 座位号 评分 必须在指定答题区域内作答，超出边框限定区域的答案视为无效。 第一部分 听力（30 分） １ ２ ３ ４ ５ ６ ７ ８ 9 10
第二部分 选择题（15 分） 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
第三部分 完形填空（30 分） 36 46 37 47 38 48 39 49 40 50 41 51 42 52 43 53 44 54 45 55
第四部分 阅读理解（40 分） 56 66 57 67 58 68 59 69 60 70 61 71 62 72 63 73 64 74 65 75
第五部分 短文改错（15 分）
第三部分 写作（共两页，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：把缺词处加一个漏符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Last summer I go to America and studied at a language school. I had many wonderful experience, but l also had a sad one. One day, the school held party, where l invited to talk about Tianjin. After that they asked me a lot of things about China, But I couldn’t explain them with English clearly. I felt sadly. I learnt a lesson by this experience. I have already studied English for eight years, I can’t use it very good. I must work hard to improve my spoken English so that I will not be able to communicate freely with foreigners. I hope I can be a bridge between China and others countries in the future. 1、 6、 2、 7、 3、 8、 4、 9、 5、 10、
第六部分 写作（25 分）
湄潭中学 2013—2014 学年第一学期 高一年级英语科试卷答题卡 座位号 评分 必须在指定答题区域内作答，超出边框限定区域的答案视为无效。
第一部分 听力（30 分） １ ２ ３ ４ ５ ６ ７ ８ 9 10
第二部分 选择题（15 分） 21 C 22 C 23 A 24 A 25 B 26 B 27 A 28 B 29 A 30 B 31 A 32 C 33 A 34 C 35 B
第三部分 完形填空（30 分） 36 C 46 B 37 D 47 A 38 B 48 A 39 C 49 D 40 A 50 D 41 B 51 C 42 A 52 B 43 D 53 B 44 A 54 C 45 C 55 D
第四部分 阅读理解（40 分） 56 B 66 B 57 C 67 A 58 B 68 C 59 D 69 A 60 A 70 C 61 B 71 E 62 B 72 B 63 A 73 C 64 D 74 G 65 D 75 A
第五部分 短文改错（15 分） 第三部分 写作（共两页，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：把缺词处加一个漏符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Last summer I go to America and studied at a language school. I had many wonderful experience, but l also had a sad one. One day, the school held party, where l invited to talk about Tianjin. After that they asked me a lot of things about China, But I couldn’t explain them with English clearly. I felt sadly. I learnt a lesson by this experience. I have already studied English for eight years, I can’t use it very good. I must work hard to improve my spoken English so that I will not be able to communicate freely with foreigners. I hope I can be a bridge between China and others countries in the future. 1、 went 2、 experiences 3、 加 a 4、 加 was 5、 in
6、 sad 7、 11、 other
8、 加 but
第六部分 写作（25 分）