教材解读 本单元以 cultural relics 为话题，旨在通过单元教学使学生了解世界文化遗产，学会 描述它的起源。发展和保护等方面的情况，复习并掌握定语从句，能在英语口语交际过 程中判断别人给出的依据，并给出自己的观点，能回信并就如何保护和处理世界文化遗 产给出自己的观点。 1.1 Warming up 假设你是一个文化遗产部门的工作人员，被派往一个小村镇，去调 查一个罕见的明朝花瓶被盗事件。这时有一个男的试图阻止你，并坚持认为这个花瓶是 属于他家的，那么对此，你要对他说些什么？ 1.2 Pre-reading 是 Reading 的热身部分，有两个问题组成。第一个问题是想出一个 你了解的文物遗产 如果这个文物遗产不见了 你会感觉如何 为什么会有这样的感觉？ ， ， ， 第二个问题是你发现了一个文物遗产，那么你会怎么处理它？这样的两个问题便为引出 Reading: In search of the Amber Room 做好了铺垫。 1.3 Reading 是关于寻找丢失了的普鲁士国王威廉一世送给俄罗斯沙皇的那个琥珀 屋的建立、被毁、重建的整个历史。第一段说 The Amber Room has “strange history”， 并对它进行详细的描述。第二段叙述了 The Amber Room 的来历及其在俄国的用途：沙 皇的冬宫和会见重要客人的会客室。第三段叙述了叶卡捷琳娜二世派人把琥珀屋搬到了 圣· 彼得堡郊外她避暑的宫殿中，并按照她的意愿对这个琥珀屋进行了重新设计，使之成 为世界上最伟大的奇迹之一。第四段，叙述了 1941 年 9 月，纳粹德军入侵圣· 彼得堡， 并掳走了琥珀屋，使之成为一个谜。 第五段， 讲述了现在德俄两国人民依据旧的琥珀屋， 在夏宫建立了一个新的琥珀屋。设计这篇文章的目的是让学生从文化遗产的历史中，体 验人类文明发展的过程，提高学生保护文化遗产的意识。 1.4 Comprehending 既有知识性的问题，让学生了解文章的细节(exercise 1)，同时又 跳出了课文，对文章进行了整体评价(exercise 2)由易到难，有较好的梯度，全面考查了 学生对文章的理解。 1.5 Learning about Language 分 Discovering useful words and expressions 和 Discovering useful structures 两部分。其中第一部分的 Exercise 1 根据英语解释，写出对 应的单词。Exercise 2 练习 belong to 的词义和用法。Exercise 3 练习介词 at 的用法。第 二部分的 Exercise 1 从文中找出 7 个含 that /which /who /where /when 的定语从句 Exercise 。 2 Join the pairs of sentences using that／which /who /whose /where /when without commas （限定性定语从句）。Exercises 3 Join the pairs of sentences using which/who /whom /where /when with commas（非限定性定 语从句）。
1.6 Using Language 分 Reading，Listening and Writing 和 Speaking and writing 和 Reading and writing 三部分。在第一部分的 Listening 中要求学生 take notes while listening 进一步提高听力水平。第二部分中 speak and write down a short list of reasons for your choice.练习这种句型 It can be proved that---because---第三部分 Read a letter from a German newspaper and write a reply to this letter and give a reason why you agree or don't agree with the writer. 1.7 Summing up 从四个角度：有用的动词，动词短语，其他的表达和新句型结构总 结本单元内容，并总结所学的有关文化遗产方面的知识。 1.8 Learning tips 建议学生亲自去博物馆看一些中国文化遗产，并主动担当导游向 外国游客介绍这些文化遗产 同时练习英语口语 并向外国游客学习英语同他们交朋友。 ， ， 单元目标 一、知识与技能 1． 掌握重点词汇的含义及用法： belong, once, heat, design, light, wonder, doubt, remain, prove, consider, besides, survive, furniture, opinion，cultural, survive, remain，state, rare, dynasty, vase, belong, gift, ton, stone, once, heat, design, fancy, style, jewel, king, artist, reception, light 等。 2．掌握句型： (1) Once it is heated, the amber can be made into any shape. (2) It was made for the palace of Frederick Ⅰ. (3) In return, the Czar gave the king of Prussia 55 of his best soldiers. (4) This was a time when the two countries were at war. (5) There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for Konigsberg，… (6) I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room 3．能正确理解和使用定语从句，能够区分限制性定语从句和非限制性定语从句。 二、过程与方法 在教学中坚持教师为主导，学生为主体，面向全体学生，利用多种媒体，使用任务 型教学方法，以小组学习的形式组织教学。 三、情感、态度与价值观 设计这篇文章的目的是让学生从文化遗产的历史中，体验人类文明发展的过程，提 高学生保护文化遗产的意识。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 本单元主要采用情景引入法。结合学生的生活实际，让学生从文化遗产的历史中， 体验人类文明发展的过程，提高学生保护文化遗产的意识。在以后的课时展开操练，注 意重点单词的讲解等。 学法导航 学生要学会使用定语从句谈论著名的文化遗产， 并且学会怎样从自身做起担当起保 护全世界文化遗产的责任。 课时支配 2
第一课时：Warming up, Pre-reading, Reading, Comprehending 和 Leaning about Language 内容一致，将其设计成一节阅读课。 第二课时： Reading, Comprehending 和 Leaning about Language 中的重点词汇、 短语、 句型的语言学习课 第三课时：将 Learning about language 中的 Discovering useful structures 设计成一节 语言学习课即语法课。 第四课时：将 Using language 中的 Reading, Listening 和 Writing 部分设计成一堂语 言运用课，重点培养学生语言综合运用能力。 第五课时：将 Language 中的 Summing up 与 Learning Tips 和 Checking Yourself 设 计成一节复习课。
第 1 课时
教案Ⅰ Warming up，Reading and Comprehending
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1． 认知下面单词、 短语： culture, state, look into, rare, vase, belong to, in search of, gift, ton, stone, melt, once, heat, design, fancy, style, jewel, king, artist, in return, reception, light, wonder, at war, remove, furniture, secretly, wooden, doubt, remain, mystery, apart, take apart 2．找出重点句型： In return, the Czar gave the King of Prussia 55 of his best soldiers. P2 This was a time when the two countries were at war. P2 There was no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for ….. P2 After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. P2 I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room. 二、过程与方法 通过阅读和小组讨论了解文章的主题，让学生尝试运用文中关键词复述课文。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和探究知识的乐趣。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点、难点 教学重点 1．课文的整体阅读。 2．重点词汇、短语和句型的理解和应用。 教学难点 l．课文的整体阅读。 2．谈论文化遗产以及应该怎样对待它们。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 1．情景教学法 2．小组讨论启发 3．互动式教学 学法导航 积极回答老师提出的问题，能够运用文中的词汇、短语和句式描述自己所熟悉的一 处文化遗产概况。 教师准备 多媒体课件，以及一些与文化遗产相关的资料和卡片。 学生准备 4
说出中国著名的文化遗产、找出文章中的一些重要词组。 教学过程 Step 1 引入话题 Warming up by defining Good morning, class. This period we are going to read about IN SEARCH OF THE AMBER ROOM. Before our reading, I?d like to know: A. What kind of old things are cultural relics? B. Are all the old things cultural relics? C. What is the definition and classification of cultural relics? D. To whom do cultural relics belong? Keys for reference: A. Cultural relics are physical remainders of what different peoples valued in the past and continue to value now. It can also be said that cultural relics are more than works of art; they are symbols of history and the people who lived in the past. B. No, not all the old objects are cultural relics. C. Each kind of relics preserves some aspect of cultural heritage and each relic is still a unique cultural expression and contributions. D. In a larger sense, it can be said that all the cultural relics belong to all the people and the whole societies, not a certain individual. Warming up by presenting Hi, everyone. Let?s look at the screen. I?ll present you some pictures. They all belong to cultural relics. Some of them are cultural sites. Some of them are natural sites. Please think these over： A. Can you name them out? B. Who have the right to confirm and classify them? Keys for reference: A. These are cultural sites: The Great wall; The Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing and Shenyang; The Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors; The Mogao Cave. These are natural sites: The Jiu Zhai Gou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area; The Huang Long Scenic and Historic Interest Area. The following are cultural and natural sites: Mount Taishan; Mount Huangshan; Mount WuYi. B. Only an international professional organization from UN has the authority to confirm and classify them. Warming up by discussing Now, boys and girls, I met a “moral dilemma”. That means I must make a choice between the interests of the family and the interests of the society. Things are like this: My old granny happened to find an ancient vase under the tree in the earth of our garden. It?s so beautiful and special. Now, my family fell into a moral dilemma. Can you help us to make a decision? 5
A: What should we do? B: Can we keep it for ourselves or report it to the government? C: Have you come across such a situation — to make a difficult choice? Keys: ABC questions can be answered in all kinds of ways. The answers are flexible. Step 2 读前准备 1. Looking and saying Work in pairs. Look at the photos on the screen. All these relics are quite beautiful. But some of them were lost and ruined in history， such as Yuan Ming Yuan and the Amber Room. Please guess: A. What kinds of things can result in their disappearance? B. Why do they come into being once again? Keys for reference: A. Maybe wars, natural disasters, and time have damaged or destroyed them, getting them lost and changed. Many of them were even stolen and hidden while nobody knows who, where and how. B. People get to know these. If these relics could not be found again, they would be rebuilt by people. 2. Explaining and sharing Work in groups of four. Tell your group mates: A. What do you know about the substance of “amber”? B. What do you know about the cultural relics “the Amber Room”? Keys for reference: I am from group 2. From the knowledge we got from biology and chemistry, we know “amber” is a semi-precious stone used in jewelry and art world. Amber is really the fossil form of resin from trees. It has got its shape after a process that has taken millions of years to complete. Trees in very ancient forests produced this resin, which slowly dropped from trees and was buried. Trees use resin to protect themselves from disease and harm caused by insects and fungi. I am from group 6. From the information of history legends and news reports, we know the Amber Room is a room built by lots of ambers. It was a gift given to Peter the Great, the King of Russia, by the King of Prussia, Frederick William I. It was given the name because almost thousands of tons natural ambers were used to make it. But during the second world war in 1941, the Nazi German army secretly stole the Amber Room and sent boxes of the Amber Room on a train to a German city. After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. Step 3 阅读文章 1. Reading aloud to the recording Now please listen and read aloud to the recording of the text IN SEARCH OF THE AMBER ROOM. Pay attention to the pronunciation of each word and the pauses within each 6
sentence. I will play the tape twice and you shall read aloud twice, too. 2. Skimming and identifying the general idea of each paragraph Now please skim the text to get the key words and general idea of each paragraph.
1st paragraph the introduction about the Amber Room: design, color, shape, material the present to the Czar: a part of winter palace in St. Petersburg, a reception hall for important visitor the relocating of the Amber Room in Catherine Ⅱ times: moved into Summer Palace, more added to its design the missing of the Amber Room: the two countries were at war, Nazi 4th Paragraph German army stole the Amber Room, 27 wooden boxes were put on a train for a German city, Nobody knew it from then on 5th Paragraph the rebuilding of the Amber Room: a new one but the same as the old built by the two countries, for celebrating the 300th birthday of Petersburg
3. Scanning and analyzing the characteristics of the text Since you have got to know the general ideas of each paragraph, can you tell me the characteristics of the passage, such as, the type of writing, the way of narrating and the tense? Keys for reference: This piece of passage is a narrative prose or non-fiction article written in a narrating style. It tells the history of Amber Room in the order of time so that we can clearly learn about what happened to it. The tense used in the text is past tense. 4. Reading and understanding Next you are to read and underline all the useful expressions or collocations in the passage. Copy them to your notebook after class as homework.
Collocations from IN SEARCH OF THE AMBER ROOM look into…, be used to…, make the design for the room, in fact, as a gift of…, add more details to…, remove… from the search for…,belong to…, feel as hard as stone, the fancy style, be made for…, in return, one of the great wonders, art objects, look much like…, give the name, be made into any shape, be made with gold and jewels, be made to be a gift, serve as…, at war, remain a mystery, be ready for…
5. Reading and transferring information Read the text again to complete the table, which lists all the numbers in the text.
NUMBER 1716 1770 1941 2003 7000 Tons 55 600 MEANING Frederic William gave the Amber Room to Peter the Great as a gift. Catherine Ⅱ had completed the adding to the Amber Room in this year. The Nazi German army stole the Amber Room in this year. The rebuilding of the Amber Room was completed in this year. The total weight of the ambers used to make the room. The number of soldiers given to the king of Russia in return. The number of the candles lighting the Amber Room.
续上表 2 2 100,000 27 300th he two countries: German and Russia. In two days the Amber Room was removed to a German city. The Amber Room was dismantled into 100,000 pieces 27 wooden boxes were used to contain the pieces of Amber Room. The newly rebuilt Amber Room was realy for the 300 th birthday of St. Peterburg.
Step 4 1. Reading and learning Read the text and learn more about the following proper nouns. You can surf on the website after class:
Names of people Frederick Ⅰ Frederick William Ⅰ Peter the Great Catherine Ⅱ Names of places Prussia St. Petersburg Konigsberg Winter Palace Summer Palace
2. Closing down by doing exercises To end the lesson you are to do the comprehending exercises No. 1 and No. 2. 3. Closing down by having a discussion A. Can you imagine the fate of the Amber Room? What is it? B. Do you think if it is worthwhile to reproduce the Amber Room? Why? Keys for reference: A. I have no idea about the fate of the Amber Room. Because anything can happen to it. Maybe it was destroyed at war in the fighting fire. You see, ambers can be melted easily. Maybe it was kept secretly by somebody who had died without telling about it to anyone else. So maybe it is lying somewhere quietly. B. I think it is worthwhile to reproduce the Amber Room. Because it represents the culture and a period of history in St. Petersburg. It is a trace and feature surviving from a past age and serving to remind people of a lost time. Step 5 口语训练 Closing down by retelling the story of the Amber Room. Well, all of us have learned the history of the Amber Room. Let?s recall some key words and expressions on the board. You are to retell the story of the Amber Room:
Color owner add to put on trains present more details remain a mystery Style Shape move to winter palace remove to pieces 300th birthday
Step 6 作业布置 8
1. Review the key sentences in this part. 2. Review the words in the second period. 3. Collect some information about your familiar cultural relics and introduce it to your friends. 板书展示 Cultural relics Homework: A. What kind of old things are cultural relics? 1. Paragraph 1st B. Are all the old things cultural 2. paragraph 2nd relics? 3. Paragraph 3rd C. What is the definition and Paragraph 4th classification of cultural relics? 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了六个环节，第一个环节让学生按老师的指令做动作来调 整学生的精神状态同时又复习了一些动词，为新课做知识上的准备；在第二个环节中， 通过读前准备让学生了解有关的背景知识；第三环节，通过阅读文章获取相关的信息， 增强对阅读能力的培养；第四环节信息归纳，让学生由输入信息阶段进入到输出信息阶 段，培养学生的总结归纳能力；第五环节，口语训练是学生能力的一个升华，学生们通 过前几个环节的训练，从而应该内化为自己的一个技能；第六环节，安排了安排的解决 重点句子和词汇的练习，以便为下一节课，另外还安排了一个开放性的问题，在锻炼学 生的综合语言运用能力的同时，又让他们学会搜集信息，合作与交流。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 发现千千万，起点是一问。智者问得巧，愚者问得笨。 ——陶行知
教案Ⅱ Warming up，Reading and Comprehending
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1. 认知下面单词、 短语： culture, state, look into, rare, vase, belong to, in search of, gift, ton, stone, melt, once, heat, design, fancy, style, jewel, king, artist, in return, reception, light, wonder, at war, remove, furniture, secretly, wooden, doubt, remain, mystery, apart, take apart 2．找出重点句型： In return，the Czar gave the King of Prussia 55 of his best soldiers. P2 This was a time when the two countries were at war. P2 There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for.... P2 9
After that，what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. P2 I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room. P2 二、过程与方法 通过阅读和小组讨论了解文章的主题，让学生尝试运用文中关键词复述课文。本课 为阅读课型，主要介绍有关俄罗斯遗失琥珀屋的轶事。通过阅读使学生了解世界文化遗 产，学会描述他们的起源、发展和保护等方面的情况。教师根据课文内容用不同的形式 来让学生自己归纳，提高阅读技能。由于这课讲述国外文化遗产，学生会感到陌生，为 了引起共鸣，因此要把中外文化遗产结合一起讨论。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和探究知识的乐趣。 本课目的要使学生学会如何谈论文化 遗产以及最后形成保护文物的意识。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点与难点 教学重点 1．课文的整体阅读。 2．重点词汇、短语和句型的理解和应用。 教学难点 l．课文的整体阅读。 2．谈论文化遗产以及应该怎样对待它们。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 先利用录音和图片引起兴趣，然后带着问题有目的地阅读文章，通过回答问题掌握 细节，知道琥珀屋从形式－失踪－重建的过程，再从整体上把握它的结构、特色，学习 用英语归纳以及复述，最后自己去小结上完这节课的收获，使他们的掌握阅读技巧的同 时也增加了见识。在小组讨论过程中，学会用英语口语判断别人给出的依据，并给出自 己的观点 学法导航 积极回答老师提出的问题，能够运用文中的词汇、短语和句式描述自己所熟悉的一 处文化遗产概况。 教师准备 课前需要准备中外文物图片以及对这些图片简短的录音描述。采用多媒体教学，用 一些有关文物的精美图片，引起学生对即将阅读的文章的兴趣，减少陌生感。 学生准备 说出中国著名的文化遗产、找出文章中的一些重要词组。 教学过程 Step 1 Warming up 10
T：Look at the three groups of pictures and discuss these questions. 1. Do you know these places? 2. If you know，what do you know about the places? 3. Which one would you like to visit? Why? Group 1 The Pyramids in Egypt
Group 2 The Great Wall/China
Group 3 Stonehenge/Britain Salisbury plain
T：Please tell the reasons for their importance. S1：Symbols of their countries. S2：A concrete annotation of their cultures. S3：Have a memorable significance. S4：Bring in money from tourism. The warming-up exercise helps the students realize that there are some well-known cultural relics both at home and abroad. Ask the students to try their best to think of the cultural relics that they know. T：Now，class，look at the title of this unit. Tell me what the topic of this unit is. Ss：The topic of this unit is cultural relics. T：Do you know what cultural relics are? Ss：Cultural relics are something that has survived for a long time，often a part of something old that has remained when the rest of it has been destroyed. It tells people about the past. T：Very good，also we can say：Cultural relics are traces or features surviving from a past age and serving to remind people of them. Just like what you said，they represent the culture of a place and some periods of history. Of course，some of them are in danger because they are being destroyed. Then can you give some examples of the cultural relics that are in the need of being
教师备课系统──多媒体教案 protected? S1：The Great Wall. S2：The Big Ben. Ss：...
T：Yes. You are right. Now do you want to know more about these cultural relics? Ss：Yes. Step 2 Pre-reading T：What is your favorite city? Why? What makes a city great? S1：a long history S2：cultural relics S3：many great people S4：important events taking place there T：All of you have done a good job. Now let?s come to the text “In Search Of the Amber Room”. Listen to the tape and finish the comprehending exercises. 1.The suggested answers to the comprehending exercise 1： (1) B (2)D (3)B (4)A (5)C 2. The suggested answers to the comprehending Exercise 2： (1) The Amber Room was not easy to make.（NS） (2) Catherine Ⅱ didn?t like everything about the Amber Room when she first saw it. （S） (3) The Amber Room was taken to Kongsberg and hidden there in 1941.（S） (4) The Russians didn?t care about the Amber Room.（NS） (5) The Russians don?t think the Amber Room will ever be found.（NS） Step 3 Detailed Reading Ⅰ. Read the text again and answer the following questions： 1. What was given to the Russian people as a great gift by Frederick William Ⅰ，the king of Prussia? 2. Why is it called the Amber room and how many tons of amber were used to make the Amber Room? 3. What did Catherine the great do with the Amber Room? The great Amber Room was given to the Russian people as a great gift by the king. 12
4. What happened to the Amber Room? The great Amber Room was given to the Russian people as a great gift by the king. Because it was made of almost seven thousand tons of amber，which has a beautiful yellow brown color. S3 ： She had the Amber Room moved to the palace outside St Petersburg and transformed it. S4：It was taken apart and missing in the second world war，and the Russians and Germans have built a new Amber room at the summer palace. Step 4 Intensive Reading T：Please read the text again and try to catch the main idea of each paragraph. （After four minutes） T：Now everyone. Have you got the main idea of each paragraph? Ss：Yes. T：OK，who would like to tell me the main idea of the first paragraph? S1 ：The first paragraph tells us that the Amber Room has a strange history and something about its design and building. T：Excellent. What about the second paragraph? S2 ：From this paragraph，we can know the history of the Amber Room and its functions in Russia—the Czar?s winter palace and a small reception hall for important visitors. T：Very good. Then how about Paragraph 3? S3：This paragraph tells us that Catherine Ⅱ had the Amber Room moved to the palace outside St Petersburg where she spent her summers and she told her artists to add more details to its design. Thus the Amber Room was one of the great wonders of the world. T：Very good. What about the fourth paragraph? S4：From this paragraph, we know that the Nazi German army stole the Amber Room in September, 1941. After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. T：Well done. Then，how about the fifth paragraph? S5：This paragraph tells us that the Russians and Germans have built a new Amber Room at the summer palace，following the old photos. T：All of you have done a good job. Let?s come into the next part. II. Choose the best answers according to the passage. 1. The king of Prussia who gave the Amber Room as a gift to Russia was_______. A. Frederick I B. Frederick William I C. Peter the Great D. Catherine II 2. The king of Prussia gave the Amber Room to Russia because_____. A. he wanted to marry Catherine II. B. he was kind. C. he needed better soldiers D. he wanted to make friends 3. The Amber Room was stolen by______. A. Russian soldiers B. German soldiers C. People in Kongsberg D. People in St Petersburg 13
4. In 1941, the city of Kongsberg was in ___. A. Germany B. Russia C. Sweden D. France 5. The Russians didn?t hide the Amber Room because ______. A. they were at war B. they couldn?t find a place C. the German soldiers arrived too soon D. no train could take it away Step 5 Discussion T：Now please discuss this question in groups：What should we do to protect our cultural relics? I?ll give you three minutes to prepare. （After three minutes.） T：Now time is up，any group would like to tell us your ideas. Students show their ideas. Step 6 Homework 1. To finish the exercises on Workbook. 2. To prepare for the next class. The Design of the Writing on the blackboard. 板书展示 Unit 1 Cultural relics Period 1 Language Points 1. in return 作为报答 2. no doubt 毫无疑问 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了六个环节，第一个环节是通过一些图片让学生了解一些 世界上著名的文物遗产，为导入新课做知识上的准备；在第二个环节中，通过读前准备 让学生了解有关的背景知识；第三环节，通过阅读文章获取相关的信息，增强对阅读能 力的培养；第四个环节通过细读文章回答问题，获取详细的信息，培养学生的细节阅读 能力；第五环节，是合作讨论阶段，是学生能力的一个升华，学生们通过前几个环节的 训练，储备了相关的信息，是知识输入的阶段，这个环境是输出阶段，从而把知识内化 为自己的一个技能；第六环节，安排了解决重点句子和词汇的练习，以便为下一节课， 另外还安排了一个开放性的问题，在锻炼学生的综合语言运用能力的同时，又让他们学 会搜集信息，合作与交流。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 教育上的错误比别的错误更不可侵犯。教育上的错误正和错就像配了药一样，第 一次弄错了，决不能借第二第三次去补救，它们的影响是终身洗不掉的。 ——约翰· 洛克 14
第 2 课时
教案Ⅰ Reading, Comprehending and Learning about language
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1．重点单词、短语：culture, state, look into, rare, vase, belong to, in search of, gift, ton, stone, melt, once, heat, design, fancy, style, jewel, king, artist, in return, reception, light, wonder, at war, remove, furniture, secretly, wooden, doubt, remain, mystery, apart, take apart 2. 掌握句型：In return, the Czar gave the King of Prussia 55 of his best soldiers. P2 This was a time when the two countries were at war. P2 There was no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for …..P2 After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. P2 I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room. 二、过程与方法 通过查阅资料、老师提示和小组讨论了解文章的主题，让学生学会熟练使用知识目 标中列出的单词和短语，会争取使用词汇、短语和句型。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的语言学习的方法和探究知识的乐趣。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点与难点 教学重点 1．课文中的语言结构。 2．重点词汇、短语和句型的理解和应用。 教学难点 l．重点词汇、短语的正确使用。 2．重点句型的突破。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 1．教师启发指导、小组讨论。 2. 互动式教学。 学法导航 查阅资料，小组讨论，自行解决课文中出现的重点词汇、短语、句型的用法。 教学准备 教师准备 学案以及一些与文化遗产相关的资料和卡片。 学生准备 15
词典、资料等。 教学过程 Step 1 作业检查 1．Remind students of what they have learnt in Reading. 2．Ask two more students to do the presentation. Step 2 词的练习 1．(1) Let students do Exercise 1 in Discovering useful words and expressions. (2) While checking the answers with the students, ask students to say out the Chinese meaning. 2. Let students do Exercise 2, Complete the passage with the words below. Then ask a student read out his or her answers. 3. Do Exercise 3: Look at the dictionary entry for the phrasal verb belong to, and match the meanings with the sentences in the right box. Step 3 课文重要语言点 1. Find out and discuss the important sentences in the passage. (1) Frederick William I, the king of Prussia could never have imagined that．… (2) Once it is heated, the amber can be made into any shape (3) In 1716, Frederick William I gave it to Peter the Great, as “gift of friendship．… (4) In return, the Czar gave the King of Prussia 55 of his best soldiers. (5) The Amber Room soon became part of the Czar's Palace in St Petersburg. (6) Later, Catherine 11 had the Amber Room moved to the palace outside．… (7) This was a time when the two countries were at war. (8) There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for Konigsberg，… (9) After that, what really happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery (10) I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room 2. Drill for important words and phrases. (1) survive vi．幸免；幸存；生还 ①What is love? Can she survive on love ? 什么是爱？她可以依靠爱生存？ ②The Poland presidential plane crashed in an area of dense jungle. There were no survivors. 波兰总统的专机坠落在一个丛林茂密的地区。无人生还。 ③It increases the chances of survival and reduces the danger of brain damage. 它增加 了存活的机会并且降低了大脑损害的危险。 (2) amazing adj. 令人吃惊的 ① She looked at me in amazement．她吃惊地看着我。 ② To our amazement, he passed the driving test.令我们惊奇的是，他通过了驾驶考 试。 ③ We are amazed at the amazing discovery.我们对这个令人吃惊的发现感到吃惊。 (3) 选词填空(choose/select/pick/elect) 16
① The boy selected the best things from the shop. ② We choose some good clothes from the clothes box. ③ Will you help me pick strawberries? ④ All the people agreed to elect him our chairman. (4) design n．设计；图案；构思 vt. 设计；计划；构思 a. The experiment is designed for test the new drug.实验的目的是为了测试一下那种 新药。 b. The lab building was designed by（由??设计）my uncle last month. c. Do you think the building was burnt down by accident or by design? 你认为大楼被 烧是意外事故呢，还是有意为之呢? (5) fancy adj．奇特的；异样的 vt．想象；设想；爱好 a. Fancy! She's never been in a plane before! 真想不到！她竟然从未坐过飞机。 b. Old as she is, she still fancy young and beautiful.尽管她年纪大了， 但她仍认为自己 年轻漂亮。 (6) decorate v. 装饰；装修 a. The princess' hat was really fancy, which was decorated with gold and jewels. 王子 的帽子很奇特，它上面装饰了金子和珠宝。 b. At Christmas they decorated the hall with colored flags, paper and lights. 圣诞节期间他们用彩旗、彩纸和彩灯装饰了大厅 (7) remove v.①移走； 移开； 移动(+from/to)； ②除掉； 清除(=get rid of)； ③脱下(=take off) a. Reference books may not be removed from the library.不能把参考书从图书馆带 走。 b. The events in the newspaper article were far removed from reality.报上文章的事情 和现实大不一样。 c. The governor was removed from office.那个官员被免职了。 d. We are moving/removing from London to the country.我们要从伦敦搬到乡下去。 (8) doubt n．怀疑：疑惑 vt.怀疑；不信 a. There is no doubt that we did the right thing. 毫无疑问我们做得对。 b. You can complain, but I doubt if it'll make any difference.你可以抱怨，但是我看抱 怨也未必有用。 c. The future of the public library is in doubt.公共图书馆的前途难以预料。 (9) 选词填空(worth 与 worthy) a. That novel is not worth reading. b. She is worthy to receive such honor. c. He said that the film is worth ____a third time. A．to see B．to be seen C. being seen D. seeing (10) in search of 寻找（=in one's search for ） a. We searched every room for the missing papers.我们在每一个房间寻找丢失的文 件。 17
b. The police are searching for the murderer.警察正在寻找凶手。 (11) belong to 属于……；属于…的财富 a. They belonged to a younger generation.他们属于年轻的一代。 b. As we all know，Taiwan belongs to China．众所周知，台湾是中国的一部分。 c. Professor Williams keeps telling his students that the future ___ to the well-educated. [2009 重庆，30] A. belongs B. is belonged C. is belonging D. will be belonged (12) in return 作为报答：回报 a. She gave us food and clothing and asked for nothing in return. 她给了我们食物和衣服，没有要求任何回报。 b. I'd like to buy you a meal in return for all your hospitality. 我想请你吃饭来报答你的盛情好客。 c. Interest rates were cut, and in return, share prices rose. 利率降了，因而股票价格涨了。 (13) at war 处于战争状态（介词 at 表示处于……状态） a. We've got two children at school, and one at university. 我们有两个孩子在读中学， 一个在读大学。 b. She was killed at war.她在战争中牺牲了。 c. Children must learn to behave at table. 小孩必须学会吃饭时的规矩 d. Poland and Russia, which were still ____ in 1920, have become good trade partners today. A. in war B. at war C. on peace D. in peace (14) less than 少于；小于（可以置于名词、形容词、副词、动词以及从句等之前） a. It took me less than an hour to finish the work.完成那项工作花了我不到一个小时 的时间。 b. The book has been translated into no less than 40 languages. 此书已翻译成多达 40 种语言。 c. Businesses use computers more than they used to.企业比过去更多地使用电脑。 d. It took _____ building supplies to construct these energy-saving houses. It took brains, too. [2009 浙江，10] A. other than B. more than C. rather than D. less than 3. Translate the following sentences into Chinese and try to analyze them. (1) Frederick William I, the King of Prussia, could never have imagined that his greatest gift to the Russian people would have such an amazing history. 普鲁士国王腓特烈· 威廉一 世绝不可能想到他送给俄罗斯人民的厚礼会有这样一段令人惊讶的历史。(P1) 【分析】① 这是一个含有宾语从句的主从复合句。主句的主语是 Frederick William I，其后的 the King of Prussia 是主语的同位语。could never have imagined 是主句的谓语。 that 引导宾语从句，宾语从句的主语为 his greatest gift，to the Russian people 是介词短语 作后置定语，修饰宾语从句的主语 his greatest gift，宾语从句的谓语是 would have。 18
②本句中 could never have imagined 意为“永远不可能想到”。 could have done 句式 表示的意义有如下两点： a. 表示对过去发生的事情的推测。 （多用于否定或疑问句式） b. 表示本来能够做某事，但实际上没有做。含有遗憾、惋惜之意。常译成“本来 能够??的” 。 (2) It was also a treasure decorated with gold and jewels, which took the country's best artists about ten years to make.它是一件嵌装着金银珠宝的珍品，这个国家最优秀的艺术 家花费了将近十年的时间才完成它。(P1) 【分析】句中的 decorated with gold and jewels 为过去分词短语作后置定语，修饰前 面的名词 treasure，表示单个的过去分词一般置于它所被动关系。which 引导一个非限性 的定语从句，指代前面整个句子，相当于 and it took the country's best artists.…。 (3) However, the next King of Prussia, Frederick William I, to whom the amber room belonged, decided not to keep it. 然而，下一位普鲁士国王，腓特烈· 威廉一世，这个琥珀 屋的主人却决定不要它了。(Pl) 【分析】本句是一个主从复合句。Frederick William I 作 the next King of Prussia 的 同位语，to whom the amber room belonged 是一个非限制性定语从句，其中 belonged to 的介词 to 提前，构成“介词十关系代词”结构。 Step 4 课堂作业 1. After the traffic accident, no one___ except a few people who were badly injured. A．survive B．survived C. was survived D. was surviving 2. Don't take things that____． A. are not belonging to you B. are not belonged to you C. don't belong to you D. don't belong to yours 3. As a result of the report many villagers rushed to the mountain ____ gold. A. in search of B. in their search of C. to search D. searching 4. He has given me so much help that I really want to do some for him____. A．in turn B．by turns C．in return D．in answer 5. _____ for us to discuss the problem again. It has already been settled. A. It has no doubt B. There has no doubt C. It is no need D. there is no need 6. A computer costs nearly 5,000 yuan, but I have saved____800 yuan. A. not more than B. no less than C. no more than D. more than 参考答案:1-6 BCA CDC Step 5 作业布置 Do Exercise 3 in Workbook, P42. 板书展示 Important words 8. 3. 1. 9. Important phrases 2. 4. 3. 1. 19
4. 5. 2. 6. 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，本课时安排了五个环节，第一个环节是检查作业，复习巩固上 节课所学的内容，为学习新课打好基础；第二个环节是个过渡环节，通过做课本的 “Discovering useful words and expressions.”进一步加强对课文中重点生词的词义和用 法的理解；接着第三步就是课文重要语言点的课文原句，找出这些重点词汇、短语和句 型的载体，为进一步加强词汇、句式的理解奠定基础；第四步就是具体深入地通过练习 的形式学习和掌握本课中出现的重点词汇、短语和句型，以便通过自己动脑、动手真正 地掌握这些词汇、短语和句型的用法；为了做到这一点，第五步就是一个针对性的课堂 训练，从而真正地内化为自己头脑中的知识。 课后反思： _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 我们教书，是要引起学生的读书兴趣，做教员的不可一句一句或一字一字的都讲给 学生听，最好使学生自己去研究，教员不讲也可以，等到学生实在不能用自己的力量去 了解功课时，才去帮助他。 ——蔡元培
教案Ⅱ Learning about language
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1．重点单词、短语：trial，consider，prove，tell the truth，pretend，think highly of，besides 2．掌握句型： I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room. Besides，my father once told me that any person who finds something could keep it. I must say that I agree with you. I must say that I don?t agree with you. 3. 帮助学生学会如何使用定语从句。 4. 让学生学会怎样做出判断并给出理由。 二、过程与方法 通过查阅资料、老师提示和小组讨论了解文章的主题，让学生学会熟练使用知识目 标中列出的单词和短语，会争取使用词汇、短语和句型。 三、情感、态度与价值观 20
培养学生的语言学习的方法和探究知识的乐趣。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点与难点 教学重点 1. 课文中的语言结构。 2. 重点词汇、短语和句型的理解和应用。 3. 学会使用由 that/which/who/where/when 引导的定语从句。 教学难点 1. 重点句型的突破。 2. 怎样让学生学会由 that/which/who/where/when 引导的定语从句。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 1. 教师启发指导、小组讨论。 2．互动式教学 学法导航 查阅资料，小组讨论，自行解决课文中出现的重点词汇、短语、句型的用法。 教师准备 多媒体，以及一些与文化遗产相关的资料和卡片。 学生准备 词典、资料等。 教学过程 Step 1 Revision 1. Greetings. 2. Fill in the blank with proper words. The Amber Room Time spent: A _______ of artists spent ____ years making it. Material: 7,000 tons of _______ were used for making it, with _____ and _______. Purpose: It was made _____ to be a gift, _____ for the Palace of Frederick I. Results: It was _________ to Russia people. After Frederick William I succeeded his father and _______ the King of Prussia; soon it became part of the Czar?s winter palace; it was one of the great ________ of the world; in 1941, it was ______ by the Nazis. Now a new Amber Room ____ _____ ______ in Russia and it ______ ______ ______ the old one, _____ the old photos. Step 2 Useful words and expressions T：From the reading part，we can find some useful words and expressions. So now please find the words and expressions that means each of the following.（Ex 1 on Page 3） After two minutes ， the teacher begins to check the answers and give the right 21
answers： 1. rare 2. vase 3. in return 4. in search of 5. belong to 6. heat 7. remain 8. gift 9. doubt 10. remove T：Look at the dictionary entry for the phrasal verb “belong to”，and match the meanings with the sentences in the right box. belong to phrasal v［T］ 1. to be the property of：That coat belongs to me. 2. to be a part of；be connected with：That top belongs to this box. 3. to be a member of：He belongs to a large family. Warn “belong” is not used in the continuous tense or the passive voice. e.g. The computer is belonging to my sister.（Wrong） The computer is belonged to my sister.（Wrong） The computer belongs to my sister.（Right） The students begin to prepare this exercise. After two minutes，the teacher begins to check the answers：A 3，B 1，C 3，D 2 T：Now let?s come to Ex. 3. The preposition at sometimes indicates a state，condition or continuous activity. Look at the sentences of Ex. 3 and try to express each of them in another way. After several minutes，the teacher gives the right answers. Suggested answers 1. This was a time when the two countries were fighting against each other. 2. She was working in the garden all this morning. 3. Children who are playing often make a lot of noise. 4. When we called，the family were having dinner. 5. What are they doing now? They are having their meal. Step 3 Discovering useful structures T: Let?s come to discovering useful structures，please finish all the exercises in this part. After five minutes，the teacher checks the answers：（Ss answer the questions one by one.） Suggested answers to Ex 1： 1. A cultural relic is something that has survived from a long time ago，often a part of something old that has remained when the rest of it has decayed or been destroyed. P1 2. It is your job to look into any reports of cultural relics that have been found in China. P1 3. You are sent to a small town where you find a relic that was stolen from a place. P1 4. This gift was the Amber Room，which was given this name because almost seven thousand tons of ambers were used to make it. P1 5. Later ， Catherine Ⅱ had the Amber Room moved to the palace outside St 22
Petersburg where she spent her summers. P2 6. This was a time when the two countries were at war. P2 7. In 1770，the room was completed the way （that）she wanted it. P2 Suggested answers to Ex 2： 1. Here are the farmers who/that discovered the underground city last month. 2. Xi?an is one of the few cities whose walls/the walls of which remain as good as before. 3. Shanxi Province is a place with cultural relics whose relics are well looked after. 4. The woman remembered the day when she saw Nazis burying something near her home. 5. The old man （who （m） /that） you are talking to saw some Germans taking apart the Amber Room and moving it away. Suggested answers to Ex 3： 1. St Petersburg is a very beautiful city，which was once called Leningrad. 2. In Xi?an，I met a teacher，who has a strong love for cultural relics and took me to visit the history museum. 3. I don?t remember the soldier，who told me not to tell anyone what I had seen. 4. My grandfather was a child then，when people didn?t pay as much attention to cultural relics in the old days. 5. They moved the boxes to a mine，where they wanted to hide them. Step 4 Practice. Task 1: Fill in the blanks with proper link words. 1. What surprised me was not what he said but the way ____________ he said it. 2. We?re just trying to reach a point______ both sides will sit down together and talk. (06 山东） 3. ____ is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. 4. This is the very house _______ he lived. 5. Next winter, _____ you will spend in Harbin, I?m sure, will be another exciting holiday. 6. That?s the reason ______ he was late. 7. The pictures brought the days back to the old ______ they swam in the river. 8. Robert and his songs _____ were famous in the U. S. are also popular in China. 9. They are always smoking, _______ of course, will do harm to their health. 10. The situation ______ you use the words is very clear in fact. Task 2: Correct the mistakes: 1. The reason why he explained at the meeting surprised us. 2. I can remember the days when we spent together. 3. The way in which you talked about is very important for us. 4. Put the book in which you can reach it easily. Step 5 Homework 23
1. Finish the related exercises on the Workbook. (P42) 2. Prepare for the next class. 3. Finish some exercises about the attributive clauses. 板书展示 Unit 1 Cultural relics Period 2
关联词 who 关 系 代 词 whom whom whose that as when where why 语法功能
教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了 5 个环节，第一个环节是复习上节课所学的重点单词和 短语，以及课文信息，以便使学生能够灵活熟练地应用；第二个课本重点词汇短语的应 用练习，为了准确地掌握并应用所学的词汇和短语；第三个环节是语法学习，通过定语 从句中关系代词或副词的使用让学生能够顺利地接受定语从句的结构， 减轻学生学习新 课的难度；再通过简单句的合成进一步分析运用定语从句结构及功能，这样更有助于学 生从根源上解决定语从句的来源； 第四个环节就是对新讲解的语法——定语从句的巩固 应用；第五个环节的作业也是针对定语从句的一个巩固练习，从而做到学以致用。 课后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 习惯像一根缆绳，我们每天给他缠上一股新索，要不了多久他就会变得牢不可破。 ——（美）曼恩
第 3 课时
教案Ⅰ Learning about language—Discovering useful structures
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1．词汇：trial, consider, prove, tell the truth, pretend, think highly of, besides 2．重点句式： (1) I think highly of those who are searching for the Amber Room. (2) Besides, my father once told me that any person who finds something could keep it. (3) I must say that I agree with you. (4) I must say that I don?t agree with you. 二、过程与方法 通过教师示范讲解， 让学生学会定语从句的基本结构和关系代词和关系副词的正确 使用。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和探究知识的乐趣。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点与难点 教学重点 1．定语从句的基本构成。 2．及关系代词和关系副词的句法功能。 教学难点 怎样给学生讲解含有关系代词或副词 that/which/who/ where/when/的从句和其它从 句进行区分。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 从把两个简单句合成一个含有定语从句的句子入手， 让学生了解定语从句中关系代 词或副词的使用及作用。 学法导航 通过简单句合成定语从句来领会定语从句的结构和用法。 教学准备 教师准备 多媒体课件，学案、图片等。 学生准备 准备 3 组含有同一个名词的两个简单句，做合成定语从句的练习。 25
教学过程 Step 1 检查作业 1. Have a word dictation: cultural, survive, remain，state, rare, dynasty, vase, belong, gift, ton, stone, once, heat, design, fancy, style, jewel, king, artist, reception, light, mirror, wonder, remove, furniture; secretly, wooden, doubt, trial, consider, opinion, evidence, prove, pretend, maid, castle, sailor, treasure，besides 2. Make some sentences with the given words：look into, belong to, in search of, in return, at war, take apart, think highly of Step 2 课前热身 Warming up by discovering useful words and expressions Please turn to page 3. Do exercises 1, 2 and 3 first. Please check your answers against your classmates?. Warming up by explaining Now, class, since you?ve read the passage, could you explain to me how to use the phrase “belong to”? The word “to” here is a preposition, indicating the possession, and is always followed by nouns or pronouns. Look at Ex 3. Step 3 学习定语从句 1. What is an adjective clause? An adjective clause is a dependent clause which takes the place of an adjective in another clause or phrase. Like an adjective, an adjective clause modifies a noun or pronoun, answering questions like “which?” or “what kind of?” Consider the following examples: Adjective the red coat Adjective clause the coat which I bought yesterday Like the word “red” in the first example, the dependent clause “which I bought yesterday” in the second example modifies the noun “coat.” Note that an adjective clause usually comes after what it modifies, while an adjective usually comes before. In formal writing, an adjective clause begins with the relative pronouns “who(m),” “that,” or “which.” In informal writing or speech, you may leave out the relative pronoun when it is not the subject of the adjective clause, but you should usually include the relative pronoun in formal, academic writing: informal The books people read were mainly religious. formal The books that people read were mainly religious. informal Some firefighters never meet the people they save. formal 26
Some firefighters never meet the people whom they save. Here are some more examples of adjective clauses: The meat which they ate was tainted This clause modifies the noun “meat” and answers the question “which meat?”. They?re talking about the movie which made him cry This clause modifies the noun “movie” and answers the question “which movie?”. They are searching for the student who borrowed the book The clause modifies the pronoun “student” and answers the question “which student?”. Did I tell you about the author whom I met? The clause modifies the noun “author” and answers the question “which author?”. 2. Restrictive & non restrictive clauses Do the following pairs of sentences mean the same thing? 1a My uncle, who lives in London, is very rich. 1b My uncle who lives in London is very rich. 2a The policies, which were unpopular, were rejected by the voters. 2b The policies which were unpopular were rejected by the voters. 3a My niece, whose husband is out of work, will inherit the house, which I have always treasured. 3b My niece whose husband is out of work will inherit the house which I have always treasured. The first sentence in each pair has a non-restrictive clause within two commas, and the second has a restrictive clause. A non-restrictive clause simply adds more information into the sentence and does not affect the meaning of the main clause: it is therefore bracketed off with commas (1a = an uncle who happens to live in London). Conversely, a restrictive clause defines its referent in the main clause more specifically and contributes significantly to the meaning of the sentence. Thus it is that particular uncle who lives in London who is referred to (1b). In 2a, all policies were unpopular and all were rejected, whereas in 2b only the policies that were unpopular were rejected. Note that in restrictive clauses the non-human relative pronoun is either ?that? or ?which?, whereas for human referents the relative pronoun can be either ?who/m? or ?that? (the man that/whom I will marry ....). 3. A test on FORMAL ADJECTIVE CLAUSES Directions: Combine the sentences. Use formal written English. Use (b) as an adjective clause. Punctuate carefully. (1) (a) An antecedent is a word. (b) A pronoun refers to this word. An antecedent ____ (2) (a) The blue whale is considered the largest animal that has ever lived. (b) It can grow to 100 feet and 150 tons. The blue whale ____ 27
(3) (a) The plane was met by a crowd of 300. (b) Some of them had been waiting for more than 4 hours. The plane ____ (4) (a) In this paper, I will describe the basic process.(b) Raw cotton becomes cotton thread by this process. In this paper, I will describe ____ (5) (a) The researchers are doing case studies of people to determine the importance of heredity in health and longevity.(b) These people?s families have a history of high blood pressure and heart disease. The researchers are doing case studies ____ (6) (a) At the end of this month, scientists at the institute will conduct their AIDS research. (b) The results of this research will be published within 6 months. At the end of this month, scientists ____ (7) (a) According to many education officials, ?math phobia?(that is, a fear of mathematics) is a widespread problem. (b) A solution to this problem must and can be found. According to many education officials, ?math phobia? ____ (8) (a) The art museum hopes to hire a new administrator. (b) Under this person?s direction it will be able to purchase significant pieces of art. The art museum ____ (9) (a) The giant anteater licks up ants for its dinner. (b) Its tongue is longer than 30 centimeters (12 inches). The giant anteater ____ (10) (a) The anteater?s tongue is sticky. (b) It can go in and out of its mouth 160 times a minute. The anteater?s tongue ____ Step 4 课堂作业 Quiz on Attributive clause Select one answer from the choices provided after each sentence. The words you choose should fit the blank in the sentence. Don?t use the HINT buttons unless you really need them. 1. Many children came were given some cakes. A. that B. as C. who D. whom 2. The visitors saw rows of houses the roofs are red. A. on which B. of which C. where D. that 3. I usually take a nap after lunch, is my habit. A. which B. as it C. as D. that 4. Please tell me the way you did the job. A. how B. where C. which D. in which 5. Is this museum some German friends visited the day before yesterday? A. the one B. which C. that D. where 6. The farmer uses wood to build a house to store grain. 28
A. in which B. where C. that D. with which 7. I shall never forget the years I spent in the country with the farmers, has a great effect on my life. A. when, which B. that, which C. when, that D. which, that 8. Little has been done is helpful to our work. A. that B. what C. which D. all that 9. Perhaps this is the only market you can get such cheap goods. A. that B. of which C. by which D. where 10. We?ll put off the outing until next week, __ we won?t be so busy. A. when B. which C. at which D. in that Key: 1~10：BBCDA ABADA Step 5 作业布置 Workbook P43 1. The large stone statues on Easter Island remain a mystery to us. Read the following sentence and correct the mistakes. 板书展示 1. My uncle, who lives in London, is very rich. →2. The policies, which were unpopular, were rejected by the voters. 3. My niece, whose husband is out of work, will inherit the house, which I have always treasured. →
教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了五个环节，第一个环节是复习上节课所学的重点单词和 短语，以便使学生能够灵活熟练地应用；第二个环节是课前热身活动，以便让学生能够 顺利地接受定语从句的结构以及关系代词或副词在从句中所起的作用， 减轻学生学习新 课的难度；第三个环节是通过简单句的合成进一步分析运用定语从句结构及功能，这样 更有助于学生从根源上解决定语从句的来源； 第四个环节就是对新讲解的语法——定语 从句的巩固应用；第五个环节的作业也是针对定语从句的一个巩固练习，从而做到学以 致用。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 永远用欣赏的眼光看学生，永远用宽容的心态面对学生。
教师备课系统──多媒体教案 教案Ⅱ Extensive Reading（Reading and listening）
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1．学习本节出现的重点词汇、短语和句型。 2．了解和掌握事实和观点之间的区别；帮助学生搞清怎样划分事实和观点。 二、过程与方法 1．问答式了解学生对课文的理解情况。 2．小组讨论，互助合作。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和使用应用交流的能力。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点与难点 教学重点 帮助学生理解文章内容，帮助学生搞清怎样划分事实和观点。 教学难点 1．如何提高学生的阅读能力。 2．如何帮助学生在自己现实生活中划分事实和观点。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 通过阅读，小组讨论把握文章细节。 学法导航 通过阅读、小组讨论写出关于拯救文化遗产的文章。 教学准备 教师准备 录音机、投影仪和一些幻灯片。 学生准备 复习上节课所学语法——定语从句，会分析带有定语从句的句子结构。 教学过程 Step 1 Warming up 1.Greetings. 2.Check the answers of the exercises about the attributive clauses. Step 2 Reading，Listening and Writing T：Today we?ll learn a passage about facts and opinions，but before we come to the text，please answer the following questions： 1. What must a judge do in a trial? 2. What is a fact? 30
3. What is an opinion? Then check the answers. T：Now please listen to the tape and make sure what the three people say about the missing Amber Room，pretending that you are judges. While you are listening you can take notes and fill in the forms. Decide which of the three people you think gave the best evidence. In other words，find out who is giving the most facts. Listen to the tape for three times， then show some Ss? notes on the screen， check the and answers. Step 3 Reading on Workbook T：As we know cultural relics are important and useful，it?s necessary for us to protect them. After all，they belong to the whole world. Today，we?ll read a passage that is about a common person who saves the cultural relics—BIG FENG TO THE RESCUE. Read the passage for the first time and answer： Why does Big Feng want to save cultural relics? Suggested answer： Big Feng and his friends offer each other help whoever needs help. So Feng believes that his work to save cultural relics is a way to thank his friends. T：Now listen to the tape，and answer the following questions： 1. What does “a big heart” mean? In which ways does Feng Jicai show that he has a big heart? 2. Why does he think it is more important to do this than to write his novels? 3. It is very time-consuming（耗时的） and expensive for Feng Jicai to take care of cultural relics. Can you think of some other ways to help him with his projects? First，the students discuss in pairs，then check the answers. Suggested answers： 1. That he has a big heart means that he is very kind. You might say he is a gentle giant. His real name is Feng Jicai，and he has written many novels about life in China. Several years ago，he put down his pen and began to protect cultural relics in Tianjin，where he lives. 2. He knows the past is not only for us to enjoy but also for the children of the future， so we should protect some old things such as the old streets and buildings. And more people follow what he does，not what he says. So he thinks it is important to do this than to write his novels. 3. Yes，I think there are some other ways to help him with his projects. For example， he and his friends can make a video about the old streets and buildings and broadcast this program on TV so that more people can know the importance of protecting the cultural relics and really take efficient actions to protect them. T：Now read the text again and answer how he saves the cultural relics of his hometown. 31
While the students read the text，the teacher should ask them to underline the key words that are useful for them to answer the question. Later，the teacher gives the answers on the screen.. Suggested answer： In order to protect the cultural relics of his hometown，he goes out and does a lot of things as possible as he can. One of his biggest projects was to protect the oldest street in Tianjin. Another project was more successful：he got the government to buy some land in the center of the city so it could not be sold to businesses. Not long ago，he and other writers and artists took photos of the old parts of Tianjin. The photos were put into an expensive book that was very popular, and the money from the book helps his projects. T：Who can list other famous cultural relics in China besides the ones mentioned in the reading? Suggested answers： There are many cultural relics in China besides the ones mentioned in the reading，such as： The Great Wall ， The Summer Palace ， Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties，the Forbidden City，Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor，the West Lake and so on. Step 4 Explanation to the important points 1．“疑问词+不定式”,构成不定式短语,在句中作主语，表语，宾语等成分。 (1) Where do go tomorrow has not been decided. (2) He has to learn how to send e-mails. (3) Will you show me how to surf the Internet? (4) Perhaps the most difficult thing is how to survive without friends? (5) I just want to know when to start? 2. consider (1) 考虑 consider sth / doing sth We are considering going abroad. Have you considered his decision? (2) 认为 consider +that-clause consider…as/ (to be)… They all consider that we should start now. He is considered as / (to be) the best player. (3) considering 鉴于，考虑到，就?而言 She did very well, considering his age. (注意：此处不可以改成 considered) 3. rather than: 而不是 other than 除了? (1) He would die rather than give in. (2) He prefers to stay at home rather than go outing. (3) What I need now is money rather than advice. (4) Other than England, there are no other places like this. 32
Step 5 Discussion T：After we learn the passage about Big Feng，we know that everyone can do something to protect our cultural relics，so now please discuss in groups what we should do to protect our cultural relics. After five minutes，ask some Ss to tell their groups? ideas and encourage the Ss to do it in our real lives. Step 6 Homework 1. Do a research about one of the cultural relics in China. 2. Prepare for the next class. 板书展示 Unit 1 Cultural relics Period 3 consider vt. 1.think about 考虑，打算 consider+名词 consider doing sth. consider +wh -to do consider+从句 2.认为 （后接复合宾语，同 think ） consider...as...=consider...to be...（as 可省去） consider...to have done be considered to have done 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了五个环节，第一个环节让学生回顾已学知识，以便更灵 活地应用；第二个环节是读、听、写的环节，是关于“什么是事实，什么是观点”小阅 读，这篇文章可以对写作起一个指导作业；第三环节就是一个阅读训练，通过对阅读中 出现的一些写作技巧，可以在这篇写作训练中加以尝试应用；第四个环节是对文章中的 重点知识点的讲解， 以解决学生在阅读中遇到的困难； 第五个环节是一个关于讨论环节， 通过这些训练可以把所知识准确地输出出来，对学生语言的学习来说，这是一个非常重 要的环节。第六个环节是作业布置，进一步巩固所学知识。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 教师这门职业要求于一个人的东西很多，其中一条要求自制。在你叫喊以前，先忍 耐几秒钟，想一下：你是教师，这样会帮助你压抑一下当时就要发作的脾气，转而心平 气和地跟你的学生谈话。 ——契可夫
第 4 课时
教案Ⅰ Reading, Listening 和 Writing
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1. 重点词汇和短语：time-consuming, take care of, gentle, giant, treasure, dynasty （1）think highly of/think little of （2）search 的相关词组 （3）Nor/Neither＋倒装结构；否定词置于句首时的倒装结构 （4）do with/deal with （5）in return/ in turn 2. 重点句型：It was more than he could have got for... P45 二、过程与方法 1. 让学生抓住 Big Feng 故事的细节写一篇关于拯救文化遗产的信。 2. 帮助学生学会抓住细节，掌握写信的有关方法。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和使用应用交流的能力。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点及难点 教学重点 Teach the students to tell Big Feng?s story. 教学难点 Teach the students how to write a letter on saving the cultural relics. 教法与学法导航 教法导航 通过阅读，小组讨论把握文章细节。 学法导航 通过阅读、小组讨论写出关于拯救文化遗产的文章。 教学准备 教师准备 录音机、投影仪和一些幻灯片。 学生准备 复习上节课所学语法——定语从句，会分析带有定语从句的句子结构。 教学过程 Step 1 检查作业 34
1．Let's check our homework each other. 2．Ask the students to have a dictation of the sentences including attributive clauses learned in the first period. Step 2 课前准备 Warming up by questions Morning, class. We always say, “We must respect facts and can?t wholly depend on one?s opinions”. But can you tell me: A. What does it mean when you say, “It is a fact”? B. What does it mean when you say, “It is an opinion”? Keys for reference: A. A fact must be real, objective and without any personal judgment. So it can be proved. B. An option always expresses one?s own ideas. It is always subjunctive. So it has not been proved. Warming up by questioning Turn to page 5. Read the passage and tell me: A. If you want to go in for law against somebody, and if you want to win, what?s the most important thing you should do first? B. What makes a judge decide which eyewitnesses to believe and which not to believe. Keys for reference: A. Searching for facts of course. The more, the better. B. The evidences offered by the eyewitnesses make the judge decide which one is believable and which is not. Step 3 阅读训练 1. Reading and defining Read the passage and define: What is a fact? What is an opinion? What is an evidence? 2. Reading and translating Read the passage and translate it into Chinese paragraph by paragraph. Tom, you are to do paragraph 1, please… 3. Reading and underlining Next you are to read and underline all the useful expressions or collocations in the part. Copy them to your notebook after class as homework. Collocation from Using Language on page 5: in a trial, rather than, …more than…, to tell the truth, agree with, It can be proved that …, no reason to lie, a reply to a letter, think highly of, search for, return the treasure to, cost them a lot of time and money. 4. Listening Now, boys and girls, as we know, people have never stopped searching for the Amber Room. This time we?ll listen to what three people say they know about the missing Amber Room. Before we listen to them, I?ll present some related new words to you to help you 35
understand them easily. Please look at the screen and read after me. explode vt. 爆炸, Czech n. 捷克, mayor n. 市长, melt vt. 熔化, sub (sub marine) n. 潜水艇，水雷, survivor n. 幸存者, Titanic n. 泰坦尼克船 5. Sharing and Correcting Well done. Now share your forms with your partner and tell me in the three forms: What are facts? What are opinions? Li Ming, do you want a try? Keys: What they heard, saw, did are facts. And what they believe are opinions. 6. Reviewing We often use some expressions to ask for opinions. What are they? Oh, yes. What do you think of …? Do you believe …? How can you be sure of …? How do you know that? And we often use some expressions to give opinions. What are they? Ok, Tom, Please. Oh, yes. They are: I think… / I don?t think… I don?t agree that… / I suppose that… 7. Discussing Please look at exercise 3, and discuss which person gave the best evidence. Use the expressions above to help you. Before we discuss, let?s deal with the following discussion: A. What is the best evidence? B. How can we know which eyewitness is most believable? Keys: A. The best evidence is factual and is given by a person who is believable. B. The most believable eyewitness is the one who has nothing to gain from telling a lie. Well done. Let?s come to the discussion “Which person gave the best evidence?” Keys fore reference: Jan Hasek is less believable because he owns a little restaurant near the mine. If the search stopped, his business would suffer. Hans Braun is also less believable because he is working for a company trying to find the ship which carried the treasures in the Baltic sea. Of the three eyewitnesses, only Anna Petrov has no selfish reason for saying what she has said. In particular, she is not involved in any current effort to find the treasure. Therefore she is the most believable. Step 4 写作：表述观点 1. Learn the following expressions to help you give opinions. What do you think of cheating in doing homework? Do you have any idea about…? Are you sure that he/she was telling the true? Would you consider…? What do you think of …? 36
How do you feel about…? What are your reasons for saying that? What?s your opinion of …? I think /don?t think that… As can be proved,… In my opinion,… According to …, we can get that … 2．Tips for a debating passage. （1）introduce the debate （2）introduce the opinions of each side （3）introduce your own opinion 【例】你们班同学对于上网交友持不同的意见，上周五的班会你们班讨论了这个话 题。请你用英语写篇文章，介绍同学们的不同观点，并表达自己的看法。
赞成的理由 1．广交朋友 2．可自由表达思想 3．利于外语学习 反对的理由 4．浪费时间 5．影响学习 6．可能上当受骗 ？ 你的看法
注意：1．文章必须包括表中所有内容。 2．词数：100 词左右。 3．参考词汇：网络朋友： online friend(s) 上当受骗： to be cheated 分析：1．文章要写几段？每段写什么内容？ 2．要用哪些连接词？ 帮助：①.There was a debate about …… (地点)(时间) ②. Some students thought that …, because …….While the other students said that …… (on the other hand,……) ③. In my opinion, as a student, ……(It is my opinion that……) Should students make friends on line? _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Step 5 作业布置 Write a letter to all the students of your school to encourage them to help save the cultural relics. You can use the following model on page 46 as a guide. 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了五个环节，第一个环节让学生回顾已学知识，以便更灵 37
活地应用；第二个环节是准备环节，减轻学生学习新课的难度；第三环节，是关于“什 么是事实，什么是观点”小阅读，这篇文章可以对写作起一个指导作业；第四环节就是 一个阅读训练。 通过对阅读中出现的一些写作技巧，可以在这篇写作训练中加以尝试应用；第五个 环节是一个关于写作的训练，通过这些训练可以把所学的知识准确地输出出来，对学生 语言的学习来说，这是一个非常重要的环节。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 要得到孩子的尊重和爱戴，首先要学会尊重孩子的人格，要尽量多地要求一个人， 尽可能多地尊重一个人。
教案Ⅱ Listening，Speaking and Writing，
教学目标 一、知识与技能 1．征求意见常用表达法： (1) Do / Don?t you think that…? (2) Would you consider…? (3) Why / Why not? (4) Do you have any idea about? How do you know that? (5) Are you sure he/she was telling the truth? How do you know that? 2．给出建议表达法： (1) I think / I don?t think / I (don?t) believe…, because… (2) In my opinion, … (3) Sorry, I agree/ don?t agree with you. (4) I think …is telling the truth because… (5) That can?t be true. (6) It is (not) a fact. (7) I (don?t) agree with you./ I don?t agree that… (8) It can be proved. (9) The truth is (not) easy to know. (10) I think they have said useful things. 3．会写信表达自己的看法。 二、过程与方法 帮助学生学会抓住细节，掌握写信的有关方法。 38
三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的逻辑表述能力和交流的能力以及书面表达能力。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点及难点 教学重点 征求意见常用表达法以及给出建议表达法。 教学难点 学会写信表达自己的看法和观点。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 指导学生有效地听，大胆地说和准确地表达。 学法导航 小组讨论写出关于拯救文化遗产的文章。 教学准备 教师准备 录音机、投影仪和一些幻灯片。 学生准备 复习上节课所学语法——定语从句，会分析带有定语从句的句子结构。 教学过程 Step 1 Revision Dictation 1. There was no doubt that the house belonged to my grandfather. 2. We will look into the matter tomorrow, when the owner will be back. 3. I won?t go there if invited. 4. I?m pleased to have been of any help to you. 5. The girl was highly thought of for her good design. Step 2 Listening （P41） 1. Listening for main idea T：Listen to the tape，and try to remember the main idea and some key points of the listening passage. After the students listen for the first time，ask some students to tell some key points about what they listened，when they are telling，the teacher write the key points on the blackboard，it can help the students to finish the following exercises. 2. Listening for detailed information Listen again to the tape that talks about a temple in Egypt，and then answer the questions on Page 41. 39
First，students check their answers each other. Later，the teacher asks some students to read out their answers，and the teacher shows the suggested answers on the screen. T：As we know，the Aswan Dam is one of the ancient cultural relics made by the people in the old times. Now，there are also some well-designed buildings that may become cultural relics in the future. For example，The Bank of China Building in Hong Kong designed by I M Pei. Do you want to know the story of the designers? Next，we?ll listen to a tape about I M Pei，a famous architect. 3. Listening Task （P44） T：Now please listen to the tape，you have three times. At the first time，try to get the main idea and some key points just like in the last part. At the second time，try to finish Exercise 2 on Page 44.At the last time，make some notes about I M Pei?s life，and try to finish Exercise 1 on Page 44. After the last time，the teacher gives the students three minutes to make a short dialogue according to the notes they took，then ask some pairs to act out their dialogue. Step 3 Speaking T：Last class we learnt a passage about how to divide a fact and an opinion，and finished the forms about the three people say they know about the missing Amber Room， now please look at the forms again，and discuss which person gave the best evidence in pairs. You can use the following expressions to help you： Are you sure he/she was telling the truth? How do you know that? How can you be sure he/she was telling the truth? Why/Why not? That can?t be true. I（don?t）agree with you. It can be proved. I think they have said useful things. I（don?t）believe...，because.... It is （not）a fact I don?t agree that... The truth is （not）easy to know. ...has no reason to lie. T：Now write down a short list of reasons for your choice. You may begin like this： “It can be proved that...because...” For example：It can be proved that he owns a restaurant because we can go to his hometown and find it. （Each group should have a leader，after the discussion，the leader will give a report.） （Several minutes later） T：Who can give a short report about your list to the class? 40
（Ask some leaders of the groups to give a report.） Ss... Step 4 Reading and writing T：We have talked about what we should do to protect the cultural relics，now we?ll learn a letter from a German newspaper. The writer gives his opinion about what should be done with a cultural relic that has been found. Now please turn to Page 7，read the letter and write a short reply to this letter. You may choose to agree or not agree with the writer and give a reason why you agree or do not agree with the writer. Be sure to give an example from your own life so that the reader can better understand your opinion. First，students check their answers with their partners. Second，ask some students to read out their compositions and ask other students to correct the wrong sentences. At last，the teacher checks the answers.（Show the answers on the screen） Possible answers to MODEL A： Dear Johann， I must say that I agree with you. If you find the Amber Room，it should belong to you because the search has cost you a lot of time and money. Even if I lost something，I wouldn?t expect that I could find it again. Once I lost a watch. I decided not to look for it. People need to understand that something that you lost can?t come back again. Your letter helps me to remember that people need to be careful with what they own. Then they won?t need to worry about losing them. So you see，Johann，I got two rewards：one I could use and one I could keep in my heart. Yours， Hu Xiaomin Possible answers to MODEL B: Dear Johann： I must say that I don?t agree with you. Though you find the Amber Room， it doesn?t mean it belongs to you. If you can find out whom it belongs to，you should return it. I?m sure you would want someone to thank you. Once I found a beautiful watch. I wanted to return it. Then I remembered seeing one just like it in a shop. I went to the shop and found the owner to whom it belonged. The owner was very happy to get it back and gave me some delicious apples. So you see，Johann，I got two rewards：One I could eat and one I could keep in my heart. Yours， Hu Xiaomin Step 5 Homework 1. Compare their compositions with the answers ， and remember the useful expressions. 2. Write a letter to China Daily to give the students? opinions about what should be done 41
with a cultural relic that has been found. 3. Prepare for the next class. 板书展示 Unit 1 Cultural relics Period 4 I agree with you because.... I really can?t agree with you because.... think highly of 看重，器重 besides 除……之外（还有） except 除……之外（没有） 教学反思 根据本课时的特点，安排了五个环节，第一个环节让学生回顾已学知识，以便更灵 活地应用；第二个环节是听力训练，通过听指导学生如何有效地听到所听的内容；第三 环节，是说的训练，是口语表达的环节，设计这一步是为了让学生用所学表达看法观点 的句式来表达自己的观点；第四环节就是一个关于写作的训练，通过这些训练可以把所 学的知识准确地输出出来，对学生语言的学习来说，这是一个非常重要的环节；第五个 环节是布置作业，巩固所学内容，以便真正地掌握这些知识。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 求知与求学的欲望应该采用一切可能的方式去在孩子们身上激发起来。 ——夸美纽斯
第 5 课时
教案Ⅰ Summing up，Learning Tip， Checking Yourself
教学目标 一、知识与技能 解决本单元的重点知识点和学生作业和测试中出现的问题。 二、过程与方法 教师点拨，学生分析自己的错用，合作和询问解决个人存在的问题。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的自学能力和合作探究的能力。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点及难点 教学重点 学生测试卷中出现和仍然存在的难题、问题。 教学难点 写作方法的指导，学生习作的批阅。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 合作探究 学法导航 发现问题，合作探究。 教学准备 教师准备 提前批阅学生习作，找出优秀者。 学生准备 提前把优秀的习作发给学生，让学生自己在全班同学面前朗读，表示对这个学生的 认可和鼓励。 教学过程 Step 1 测试（20 minutes） Step 2 作文评讲 1. List some errors made by the students and do the analysis. 2. Discuss how to avoid the careless mistakes in writing. 3. Ask the groups to exchange their writings and give advice to each other about it. 4. Read one or two compositions as good samples. 教学反思 43
1．Warming Up 过程根据教学需要，可以在单元开始或结束时进行。 2．每节课的目的都应该有所侧重，每个环节的作用也应有所不同，不要面面俱到， 一些“热身”活动应该轻轻带过，否则就不能控制课堂的时间。 3．写作的每一步骤都要到位，养成良好的写作习惯，特别要强调书写。 4．要加强学生在英语学习当中对词性、语态、时态的重视，体会英语和汉语在这 三方面的不同。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 教师应该善于挖掘孩子的潜能，培养他们包括学习能力在内的多方面能力。
教学目标 一、知识与技能 解决本单元的重点知识点和学生作业和测试中出现的问题 二、过程与方法 教师点拨，学生分析自己的错用，合作和询问解决个人存在的问题。 三、情感、态度与价值观 培养学生的自学能力和合作探究的能力。 学情分析 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教学重点及难点 教学重点 学生测试卷中出现和仍然存在的难题、问题。 教学难点 写作方法的指导，学生习作的批阅。 教法与学法导航 教法导航 1．问答式提问 2．合作探究 学法导航 发现问题，合作探究，完成测试内容。 教学准备 教师准备 44
提前批阅学生习作，找出优秀者。 学生准备 提前把优秀的习作发给学生，让学生自己在全班同学面前朗读，表示对这个学生的 认可和鼓励。 教学过程 Step 1 Dictation 1. They looked into the accident and knew what to do with the survivors. 2. The room of fancy style can serve as a reception hall. 3. There?s no doubt that the problem under discussion remains to be solved. 4. He took the old clock apart in search of something, which was thought highly of by his parents. Step 2 Summary T: So far we have finished this unit which is about... Ss: So far we have learned this unit. It?s about the _______ _____ and how to ________ them when they?re in ________. Also we have learned how to show our opinions: _________ and ______________. 非测试性评价 A quiz about wildlife protection Tick the statements according to what you do or think. 1. I can easily name ten cultural relics in China and ten cultural relics in other countries. 2. I always try my best to protect the cultural relics I know. 3. I have visited many cultural relics in China. 4. I think everyone should do something for protecting the cultural relics we know. 5. I believe the cultural relics in the world will be protected better and better. Step 3 Assessment (测试性评价) Ⅰ.Complete each sentence with one word you have learnt in this unit，making some changes when necessary. 1. The Great Wall is one of the w of the world. 2. When the police arrived，he had destroyed the e of his guilt. 3. Have you seen the latest d for the new library? 4. Her parents died in the accident，but she s . 5. I got a very friendly r when I arrived there. 6. There?s some d whether John will come on time. 7. My mother gave me this pen as a birthday g last week. 8. We?ll h up some milk for the coffee. 9. He went into his office and l up a cigarette. 10. She r at home to look after the children when her husband went out to work. 11. Your suggestion will be carefully ______（考虑）. 12. In order to ______（证明）her point，she showed them the latest sales figures. 45
13. David and Rose were ______（秘密）married last week. 14. I don?t want to go；______（此外），I?m too tired. Key ： 1.wonders 2.evidence 3.design 4.survived 5.reception 6.doubt 7.gift 8.heat 9.lit 10.remained 11.considered 12.prove 13.secretly 14.besides Ⅱ.句型转换 （A）把下面两个简单句组成一个复合句。 1. The bus is owned by the company. It often takes the children to school. _______________________________ 2. On the train from Beijing to Dalian we met a Japanese. He spoke wonderful Chinese. _______________________________ 3. The Hope Project has helped a large number of children in poor areas go back to school. It started many years ago. _______________________________ 4. Winnie is a famous singer. Her songs are loved by many young people. _______________________________ 5. A young man asked me to give you the message. I did not know him. _______________________________ （B）改写句子 6. There will be a TV broadcast of the concert this evening. There is going to be a concert，______ ______ ______ on TV this evening. 7. It was certain that they had done that thing. There was ______ ______ that they had done that thing. 8. Which do you think is more delicious? ______ ______ ______，which is more delicious? 9. Unless you are invited to speak，you should keep silent at the conference. ______ ______ to speak，you should ______ silent at the conference. 10. The judge cares only whether the eyewitness has given useful information which must be facts，instead of opinions. The judge cares only whether the eyewitness has given useful information which must be facts，______ ______ opinions. Key： (A) 1. The bus that/which takes the children to school is owned by the company. 2. On the train from Beijing to Dalian we met a Japanese，who spoke wonderful Chinese. 3. The Hope Project，which started many years ago，has helped a large number of children in poor areas go back to school. 4. Winnie is a famous singer，whose songs are loved by many young people. 46
5. A young man，whom I did not know，asked me to give you the message. （B） 6. which is broadcast 7. no doubt 8. In your opinion 9. Unless invited remain 10. rather than Ⅲ. 用适当的关系词填空 1. 1 don?t want to hire the boy ______ father is now in prison. 2. What?s the name of the girl ______ just came in? 3. Do you know the woman to ______ you were talking? 4. The train ______ has just left is for Shanghai. 5. Everything ______ can be done has been done. 6. This was the second composition ______ was handed in. 7. I?ll never forget the day ______ I first met him. 8. Do you know the reason ______ he left here? 9. Please think of a place ______ we can go for dinner. 10. They talked for about half an hour of the things and persons ______ they remembered in school. Key：1. whose 2. who/that 3. whom 4. that/which 5. that 6. that 7. when 8. why 9. where 10. that Ⅳ.阅读下面一段短文，用所给动词的正确形式填空。 Two old ladies （1）______（stop） at a restaurant to have lunch. They （2）______ （order）their lunch，and asked for two bottles of a well-known soft drink while they （3） ______ （wait）.The bottles （4）______（make）of green glass，and they each poured themselves a glass. They （5） ______ （talk） drinking. When one of them （6） and ______ （finish）the first glass and poured another，she （7）______ （notice）something in the bottom of the bottle，but （8） ______ （not make） what it was. She tried to get it out and out finally （9）______ （succeed）.It （10）______ （be）a dead mouse! Key：1. stopped 2. ordered 3. were waiting 4. were made 5. were talking 6. finished 7. noticed 8. couldn?t make 9. succeeded 10. was Step 4 A Formative Assessment Chart Read the following chart carefully and then work together with your partners to complete the assessment.
Goals Rating items and its standards Acceptance of the materials of the unit. A. Enjoy all the materials. B. Enjoy more than three kinds of it. C. Only accept 1-2 kinds of it. D. Don?t accept any of them. Acceptance of the activities in this unit A. All are accepted. B. Willing to take part in three kinds or so C. Not willing to take part 1 or 2. D. Not willing to take part in any. Interactive response Number of web sites referred to in order to get related information on this topic A. More than 5. B. About 3. C.1 or 2. D. None. Number of webs or other resources related to the topic A. More than 5. B.3 to 4. C.1 to 2. D. Zero. Number of words looked up in the unit A. All. B.80%. C.50%. D.20% or less Percentage of passages read before class Efficient Preparation Before Class A. All. B.80%. C.50%. D.20% or less. Percentage of difficult sentences underlined before class A. All. B.80%. C.50%. D.20% or less Self-rating He-rating
续表一 Number of questions raised about the
understanding of passages or the usage of words A. More than 10. B. 6-8. C. 3-5. D. Less than 2.
Frequency of being absent-minded A. Never. B. Seldom. C. Often. D. All the time. Frequency of raising hands to answer questions A. Always. B. Often. Attention &cooperation in Class C. Seldom. D. Never. Amount of notes taken down A. All. B. about 80%. C. About 50%. D. Less than 20% Cooperation with partners in activities A. Always. B. Often. C. Seldom. D. Never. Amount of knowledge and skills covered and Full Understanding and Enjoyment after Class digested A. All. B. About 80%. C. About 50%. D. Less than 20%.
续表二 Frequency of practicing the learned materials in this unit A. Every day. B. Every other day. C. Every 3-4 days. D. Every 5 days or more.
After learning this unit， find your ability in you listening，speaking，reading and writing have been _____ improved. A. fully B. partially C. slightly D. not Useful Words Useful Summary of the Whole Unit Phrases Useful Patterns & Structures Grammar Aspects To Be Improved
板书设计 Unit 1 Cultural relics Period 5 1.cultural relics in China 2.cultural relics in the world 3.drills we learnt in this unit 教学反思 他们的认知能力比初中阶段有了进一步的发展，渐渐形成用英语获取信息、处理信 息、分析问题和解决问题的能力，因此我特别注重提高学生用英语进行思维和表达的能 力。他们学习英语方法由死记硬背转型向理解型并应用到交际上，他们有自己的学习技 能和策略，学会把语言学习与现实生活和兴趣联系起来。通过任务型课堂活动和学习， 学生的学习自主性得到加强，不再认为英语的课堂学习很枯燥，主动参与到活动中去， 成为课堂的主体，同时也加强了与他人交流合作的能力。他们会对课文内容提出自己的 50
疑惑和勇于阐述见解， 并且从课内知识拓展到课外， 通过多种渠道获取学习资源。 不过， 本班学生的水平参差不齐，有些差距还相当大。因此在教学过程中，布置的任务要兼顾 各个层次的学生，使他们都有所收获。 教后反思 _______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ 教育格言 一个人在学校里表面上的成绩，以及较高的名次，都是靠不住的，唯一的要点是你 对于你所学的是否心里真正觉得很喜欢，是否真有浓厚的兴趣?? ——中国 邹韬奋： 《工程师的幻想》1956 年版 附：备课素材 I. What is a culture relic? 何谓 “文化遗产”？ Cultural relics are physical reminders of what different peoples valued in the past and continue to value now. Without these relics, we could not cherish cultural traditions as much or appreciate the lives of the people who practiced those traditions. Although we may not often consider it, cultural relics are not only the possession of one culture. In a larger sense, it can be said that they belong to all peoples. For these reasons, this unit describes cultural relics not from China but other places. Looking at it from another angle, it can also be said that cultural relics preserves some aspect of cultural heritage and each relic, regardless of whether the same hands created many examples of it, is still a unique cultural expression and contribution. II. The cultural relics of China in the world heritage site list《世界文化遗产名录》中的 30 处中国文化遗产 本单元的主题是“文化遗产”，学生很可能已经亲身接触过当地的文化遗产，或是 能过电视、报纸等媒体对此有了一定的了解，因此，在课前教师可让学生列举国内外著 名的文化遗产，然后对“文化遗产”给出定义、分类或划分标准。到 2004 年底，我国 已有 30 处文物古迹和自然景观被联合国科教文组织世界遗产委员会列入《世界遗产名 录》 ，以下是这些文化遗产的名称、性质和列人《世界遗产名录》的年份： ◆Mount Taishan(泰山)，listed as a world cultural and natural site in 1987. ◆The Great Wall(长城)，cultural site, 1987. ◆The Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in Beijing and Shenyang(北 京故宫、沈阳故宫)，cultural site, 1987,2004. ◆The Mogao Caves(敦煌莫高窟)，cultural site,1987. ◆The Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor and the Terracotta Warriors(泰始皇陵及 兵马俑坑)，cultural site,1987. ◆The Peking Man Site at Zhoukoudian(周口店北京猿人遗址),cultural site,1987. ◆Mount Huangshan(黄山),cultural and natural site,1990. ◆ The Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area( 九 寨 沟 风 景 名 胜 51
区),natural site,1992. ◆ The Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area( 黄龙 风景名 胜区 ),natural site,1992. ◆The Wulingyuan Scenic and Historic Interest Area (武陵源风景名胜区)，natural site,1992. ◆The Mountain Resort and its Outline Temple, Chengde(河北承德避暑山庄及周围 寺庙),cultural site,1994. ◆The Temple and Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion in Qufu (曲 阜孔府、孔庙、孔林)，cultural site,1994. ◆ The Ancient Building Complex in the Wudang Mountains( 武 当 山 古 建 筑 群),cultural site,1994. ◆Historic Ensemble of the Potala Palace, Lhasa(西藏布达拉宫),cultural site,1994. ◆The Lushan National Park(庐山)，cultural site,1996. ◆Mount Emei and the Leshan Giant Buddha Scenic Area(峨眉山一乐山大佛风景 名胜区),cultural and natural site.1996. ◆The Ancient City of Pingyao(平遥古城),cultural site,1997. ◆The Classical Gardens of Suzhou(苏州园林),cultural site,1997. ◆The Old Town of Lijiang(丽江古城),cultural site,1997. ◆The Summer Palace(颐和园),cultural site,1998. ◆The Temple of heaven：an Imperial Sacrificial Altar in Beijing(天坛),cultural site,1998. ◆Dazu Rock Carvings(大足石刻),cultural site, 1999. ◆Mount Wuyi(武夷山),cultural and natural site,1999. ◆Mount Qincheng and the Dujiangyan Irrigation System(青城山一都江堰),cultural site,2000. ◆Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui—Xidi and Hongcun(安徽古村落一西递、宏 村),cultural site,2000. ◆Longmen Grottoes(龙门石窟),cultural site,2000. ◆Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties(明清皇家陵寝),cultural site 2000. ◆Yungang Grottoes(云冈石窟),cultural site,2001. ◆Three Parallel Rivers of Yunan Protected Areas, natural site(三江并流),2003. ◆Capital cities and Tombs of the Ancient Koguryo Kingdom(高句丽的王城、 王陵和 贵族墓葬),cultural site,2004.
（满分 100 分） 第I卷
Ⅰ. 单项填空（共 15 小题，满分 15 分） 从 A,B,C,D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. The village leader cares for the villagers and he ____. A. thinks well of B. is thought well C. is well thought of D. is good thought of 2. There are two buildings, _____stands nearly a hundred feet high. A. the larger B. the larger of them C. the larger one that D. the larger of which 3. —NO. 3 player runs quite fast. —Yes, but there's no doubt ____ Liu Xiang will win in the end. A. that B. whether C. if D. when 4. It is not _____ to discuss the question again and again. A. worth B. worthy C. worthwhile D. worth while 5. When Zheng He and his sailors arrived in eastern African coast, the kings gave them rhinoceros horns as gifts, and ____ they presented the kings silk. A. in turn B. by turn C. instead D. in return 6. He usually appears to be honest. Who can fancy_____ such a thing? A. him as B. him doing C. him to do D. doing 7. Every year, thousands of college graduates go to big cities _____ jobs. A. in search of B. to search C. to look on D. for search of 8. What do you advise for _____ ink from my clothes? A. removing B. moving C. getting D. I)ringing 9. I shall never forget the day ____ Shenzhou V was launched, _____ has a great effect on my life. A. when ; which B. that ; which C. which ; that D. when; that 10. My sister met him at the shop yesterday, so he ______have attended the lecture. A. couldn?t B. shouldn?t C. needn?t D. mustn?t 11. —You seemed to be impressed by his skill. —Not exactly so. It was his courage _____ his skill that really impressed me. A. rather than B. as well as C. but also D. together with 12. I don't think your views are similar mine. So I don't agree _____ either of you _____many things. A. with; to; on B. with; over; on C. to; to; on D. to; with; on 13. The theory he had been sticking to _____wrong. 53
A. being proved B. proved C. was proved D. proving 14. It is a wonder that the poor house __ the blood. A. survived B. was surviving C. was survived D. had survived 15. Do you think the price of rice might go up next week? A. I don' t believe it B. I don' t believe C. I believe not so D. I believe not Ⅱ. 完形填空（共 20 小题，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给的四个选项中，选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 A man lived at the foot of a hill. For a long time, he heard of tales of the other side of the hill-stories of rich land, 16 weather and beautiful scenery. One day, he was 17 life in his home town and thought it was 18 to improve it, so he packed his bags, left his home and started climbing the hill, 19 to live a better life. The climb was very 20 . The man had to stop to rest many times. At some 21, the hill was very steep indeed, and he almost wanted to 22 . But his dream of a better life 23 him going. One afternoon, the man came to another steep part of the hill. And at the top stood some thick plants. The same 24 had happened to him many times before. 25 this time it was a little hard to get over it, he surely was able to do it. 26 , the man was too tired after all those days of 27 and pushing through high plants. He was angry that he still had no results to show, no 28 to enjoy. He just didn't want to 29 any more. He said to himself, “Maybe life on the other side of the hill is not like what the 30 told. My old home isn?t that 31 anyway.”He finally made his decision, 32 and set off for home. Actually the man didn't know that 33 he climbed over that slope(斜坡) , he could see the other side of the hill and all he had heard about that place was 34 . The man had already done the hard part, but he 35 to stop trying when things were going to get much better. 16. A. changing B. hot C. great D. cold 17. A. interested in B. tired of C. surprised at D. nervous about 18. A. impossible B. necessary C. simple D. right 19. A. wishing B. beginning C. refusing D. helping 20. A. boring B. helpless C. difficult D. exciting 21. A. moments B. situations C. points D. corners 22. A. get up B. give up C. sit down D. run away 23. A. stopped B. let C. noticed D. kept 24. A. trouble B. chance C. story D. illness 25. A. If B. Because C. When D. Although 26. A. Besides B. However C. Or D. So 27. A. running B. playing C. climbing D. waiting 28. A. drink B. fruits C. food D. time 29. A. try B. help C. escape D. learn 30. A. films B. books C. tales D. lessons 54
31. A. strange B. terrible C. useless D. dangerous 32. A. looked around B. turned around C. went on D. slowed down 33. A. as if B. so that C. as long as D. though 34. A. false B. true C. funny D. important 35. A. prepared B. agreed C. chose D. failed Ⅲ. 阅读理解（共 15 小题，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文。从每题所给的四个选项中，选出最佳选项（每小题 2 分，满分 20 分） 。 A You may have heard that Americans like hot dogs best of all foods. Well, farmers and owners of public eating places might happily agree and so might the nation's Meat Institute and the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council. The United States, often called a melting pot, owes many of its favorite dishes, or the ideas for these foods, to the rest of the world. For example, it is generally thought that the hot dog, the Americans' traditional favorite food, had its modern beginning in Germany. A hot dog is usually made from pork or beef. Another kind is made from turkey. There are also hot dogs that contain tofu instead of meat. The hot dog is shaped like a tube(管).It is served between two pieces of bread. Americans often say they especially like hot dogs cooked over a hot fire in the open air. People at sports events buy plenty of hot dogs. For many people, it is not just the meat that tastes so good. Just think of the colorful and tasty additions (添加物). For example, they put mustard (芥末酱) or pieces of onion between the two pieces of bread. Some hot dog eaters add pickles(泡菜). All of these give hot dogs a pleasant bite. Although the city of Frankfurt-am-Main is often said to be the birthplace of hot dogs, the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council says there are other ideas about where the hot dog began. Vienna, Austria also claims that it created the food. 36. The underlined sentence means that _____ . A. people from other countries like doing business with Americans B. other countries make a great contribution to the many kinds of food in the US C. many famous kinds of American food are sent all over the world D. Americans like eating many kinds of food 37. The main idea of the fourth paragraph is that _____. A. hot dogs with meat taste better than those with vegetables B. many Americans like putting mustard in their hot dogs C. Americans enjoy those colorful and tasty additions to hot dogs D. the meat in a hot dog makes it delicious
38. We can infer from-the passage That Frankfurt-am-Main is a( n) _____ city. A. American B. German C. Austrian D. Italian 39. The best title for the passage would he“_____”. A. History of Hot Dogs B. Hot Dogs-Americans' Favorite Food C. American Food D. Ways to Make Hot Dogs B The Great African Rift Valley (东非大裂谷) ,about 6,000 kilometers in length, is a natural wonder of the world, which can be seen from as far away as the moon. It was the result of a fissure(裂缝) in the earth' s crust(地壳) which happened about thirty million years ago. Going to the Rift Valley can be an unforgettable tour. Within the Rift Valley, there are a number of lakes, for example, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru and Lake Victoria. Lake Naivasha: This lake is the second largest freshwater lake in Kenya. This freshwater lake is famous for its bird life. You can find over 450 species of birds there and the birds mainly feed on fish and other life in the lake. Besides, other animals, flowers and fruit orchards can be seen around the lake. Lake Nakuru: Thousands of flamingoes (火烈鸟) live in this saltwater lake. Around the lake lies Lake Nakuru National Park, which has a history of about 46 years. The park is best known for its thousands, sometimes millions of flamingoes resting along the shores. Lake Victoria: It is the second largest freshwater lake in the world and it was first seen in 1858 by a British explorer John Speke. Lake Victoria is known for its great natural beauty, species of fish and birds. Each year, thousands of nature lovers and bird lovers come to visit the lake. If visiting the beautiful lakes is not enough for you, you can go to visit the farms along the Rift Valley or climb the mountains there, which can also be great fun. 40.We can learn from the first paragraph that the Great African Rift Valley _____. A. is the largest valley in the world B. is 6,000 km deep C. can't be seen from the moon D. was formed about 30 million years ago 41. Which of the following statements about the three lakes is TRUE? A. All of them are freshwater lakes. B. People can find birds only around Lake Naivasha and Lake Nakuru. C. Lake Victoria was found earlier than the other two lakes. D. Lake Victoria is larger than Lake Naivasha. 42. Lake Nakuru National Park was built around____. A. 1858 B. 1951 C. 1963 D. 1971 43.The next paragraph of the passage would be most probably about _____. A. how the Great African Rift Valley was formed B. other great lakes in the Great African Rift Valley
C. some farms and mountains along the Great African Rift Valley D. what people need to be careful with when they travel to the Great African Rift Valley C Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work On April twenty-second, some American children stayed out of school but they were not punished. They were with their parents. As Faith Lapidus tells us, it was Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. The program was started in 1993. At first the program was just called Take Our Daughters to Work. Gloria Steinem and other foundation leaders found that self-image suffers as girls become teenagers. They can lose trust in their abilities and intelligence, especially in areas like science, math and technology. So the Ms. Foundation planned a day for parents in New York City to show girls all the possibilities for them in the professional world. At first, girls mostly followed their mom or dad around at work to learn about their jobs. Later, employers and schools began to offer organized activities. But from the beginning there were protests(反对) from parents and others about the exception of boys. So in 2003 the day was renamed Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work. 2007 was the last year that the Ms. Foundation for Women headed the program. Now, the event is run by a twelve-person group called the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation. The event is connected with Mattel, the company that makes Barbie dolls. Carolyn McKecuen is president of the foundation. Carolyn McKecuen says the numbers from this year's event are not final yet. But early reports suggest that participation was up at least ten percent from last year. She says there are lots of requests from other countries for information about how to set up similar programs. 44. It was called Take Our Daughters to Work at first because ______. A. girls are considered to be clever than boys B. girls are considered to be more foolish than boys C. girls aren?t confident in some areas as they becomes older D. girls don?t want to learn some science subjects 45. Why was the day renamed as Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day later? A. Because some parents were against only girls? having the chance. B. Because some parents wouldn?t like to take their daughters to work. C. Because some employers were against parents? taking their children to work. D. Because some schools didn?t want to give any students? time to leave school. 46. How many years did the Ms. Foundation for Women head the program? A. 17 B. 18 C. 14 D. 10 47. From this passage we can learn _____. 57
A. April twenty-second is a day for some American children to stay out of school for punishment B. the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a national in America C. Mattel is the president of the foundation whose company makes Barbie dolls D. Lots of other countries want to set up similar programs for parents and children D In 1969, when my daughter was about 3, we went to a restaurant in a small town in northwestern Washington to meet her dad for dinner. While we waited, a group of black men entered and noisily rounded up tables and chairs so they could sit together. My daughter is a people watcher and a perfectionist. She watched these men for a few minutes and when it became obvious to her they planned to remain at their tables, she very loudly announced: “My mommy makes me wash before I eat!” The silence that fell over the diner was complete. Remember, this was 1969. My face becoming rosy or reddish, I spoke apologies disorderly and tried to shush(嘘声) her before she started a riot(闹 事). One of the men came away from his group of friends and approached our table. I knew it. We were dead. Smiling, the man slid into the booth(电话亭) next to my daughter and replied: "My mom does, too!" He then took a paper napkin and dipped it into her water glass, offering to let her 'wash his hands.' As hard as she washed clean, she couldn't get him clean. Her eyes got bigger and she handed him back the soggy(湿透的) napkin. The man then gently explained to her that his skin was that color all over and he was, indeed, not dirty. His gentle understanding impressed everyone and explained to me why the Harlem Globetrotters were known as the Ambassadors of Goodwill. The man was kind enough to introduce himself. His name: Meadowlark Lemon, the famous basketball player. 48. What did the group of black men do in order to be easy to eat? A. They surrounded the tables and chairs. B. They brought tables and chairs together. C. They made a lot of loud noise D. They remained talking and laughing. 49. Why did the daughter ask the men to wash hands? Because _____. A. they sat at the table directly B. the girl was perfect in every way C. the girl was afraid of their hands D. their hands looked very black 50. From this passage we can learn ______. A. the black were looked down upon at that time B. the black were kind not as appearance looked C. the mother was very frightened to speak with the black D. it was the mother prevented a terrible trouble
人教版新课标普通高中◎英语② 必修 第 II 卷
I. 任务型阅读 (共 10 题，10 分) 根据所读内容在文章后图表中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。注意：每空 1 个单词。 Over the past few years, people seem to have become tired of being told what they can?t eat. They also have taken too much advice that doesn?t seem effective. They want to hear messages about healthy food. They are understandably worried about some food industry practices and problems. The food industry puts moneymaking first. Buyers and companies have been less informed about food safety than they should have been. The food industry defends itself. It says that it tries to provide as good a product as possible at low prices, as cost is a major consideration in buying food. It is the buyers who are to blame. They are waking up to the hidden costs of cheaper food. Chicken burgers, for example, may have only a little chicken in them. The increasing organic (有机的) food market shows that people are prepared to pay more for fruits and vegetables that haven?t been grown purely (纯粹地) for its outside look and money business. There is now a new kind of food called functional food. It contains so-called beneficial (有益的) additives, such as fruit drinks with added vitamin C. It is believed that adding this makes a product healthier. In fact, this unnatural food will become a problem in the future. If a mother-to-be wants to protect her unborn baby from illness, she needs to eat a special breakfast to which certain additives have been added. Yet she can get these things much more cheaply from other healthier foods, like orange juice or green vegetables. We shouldn?t be led to believe that we need to eat these “special”, expensive products to be healthy when most of the good things we need are found in cheaper natural foods. I buy as much fresh organic food as possible. I believe that future studies will show that eating organically will make us healthier. I also enjoy them more and feel strongly like supporting the organic farmer?s cause (事业).
Main idea Natural food is better for people?s health Much (3)________. Organic food Natural. More (4)________. (1) ________ food Practices and problems of the food industry Contain additives which are (5) ________ for people. Be (6) ________. This will become a problem in the future. The food industry puts money first and customers know little whether the food is (7) ________ or not. The food industry thinks the buyers are to (8) ________. Buy as much (9) ________ food as possible. The author?s (2)______ Eat organically to be healthier. (10) ________ the organic farmer?s cause.
II.书面表达（共 1 题，满分 15 分） Global English 在网上举办有关各国教育的讨论， 请你根据下面表格中的资料在网上 介绍新中国成立以来我国在教育方面的巨大变化。
时间 1949 改革开放 20%儿童入学，80%成人不会读写 教育迅速发展 在过去的 20 年中，50 万学生被派往 100 多个国家，迎接了从 164 个国家返回的 14 万留学生，为国效力 现在 所有公民享有平等受教育的权利，98%以上的儿童入学 情 况
1．C think well of sb.为固定词组，意为“对某人赞赏、印象好”。A 项语态错误。 2．D 逗号不能连接两个句子，首先排除 A、B 两项。that 不能引导非限制性定语 从句，据此可将 C 项排除。 D 项中，which 代指 two buildings，符合题意。 3． A There is no doubt that...为固定句型。 4． C 由 worth 用法可知，此句只适合词组 be worthwhile to do sth.。 5． D 句意：当郑和与他的船员们到了东非海岸，那儿的国王们给他们犀牛角作 为礼物，而作为回报，他们赠给这些国王丝绸。in turn 依次，转而；by turn 搭配形式错 误：instead 相反。 6. B fancy 作“想象”讲时，其后应接动名词。 7. A in search of“寻找”，只有 A 项的构成正确，其他选项搭配均错误。 8. A 此处应选择表示“除掉”意义的选项。 9. A 这是一个含有两个定语从句的复合句。第一个定语从句的先行词 the day 在从句中应该作时间状语，所以用 when；第二个定语从句的先行词应该是 Shenzhou V was launched，在这个非限制性定语从句中修饰主语，所以用 which。 10. A couldn't have done 表示对过去事情的否定推测，若肯定推测则用 must。 11. A 此句为强调句， 意为“是他的勇气而不是他的技巧真正使我印象深刻”。 B、D 两项都有“以及”的意思， 在此不符合题意。but also 常与 not only 搭配。 12. D be similar to 意为“与……相似”；agree with sb. on sth．意为“关于…… 同意……的意见”。 13. B prove 此处为联系动词，意为“证明是”，不用被动语态。 14. A survive 表示“（某人／物）幸免于……”，不用被动语态。 15. D 表示“认为不”应用 I believe not= I don?t believe so。 16. C 在这个人所听到的传说中山那边什么都好：土地肥沃，气候宜人，景色 优美。四个词中只有 great 能够表现出山那边的气候很好。 17. B 这个人厌倦了自己家乡的生活。 18. B 这个人觉得有必要改善自己的生活了。 19. A 这个人离开家是希望自己可以过上更好的生活。 60
20. C 根据“The man had to stop to rest many times．”可知这次爬山很困难。 21. C point 在这里指某特定的地方。句意：山的某些地方很陡。 22. B 山很陡峭，这个人几乎想要放弃。 23. D keep sb．doing sth．意为“让某人一直做某事”。句意：他想过好日子 的梦想使他坚持下去。 24. A 爬陡峭的山而且遇到丛林是指此人遇到了麻烦。 25. D 虽然这次困难比较难克服，但是他还是能够做到。 26. B 上文说此人还是能够克服这次困难的，然而他现在太累了，不想再继续 下去了。 27. C 这个人是在爬山，所以用 climbing。句意：爬了那么多的山，穿越了那 么多的丛林，他觉得太累了。 28. B fruit 在这里意为“成果，结果”，相当于 good results。 29. A 这个人觉得太累了，他不想再尝试了。 30. C 根据第一段的“he heard of tales of the other side of the hill”可知此空选 C。 31. B 这个人自言自语道：“山那边的生活也许没有传说中的那么好，我的家 也没有那么糟糕。” 32. B 根据“set off for his home”可知这个人转身回家了。 33. C 这个人不知道他只要翻过那个斜坡，就能够看到山的另一边了。 34. B 根据最后一句话“when things were going to get much better??可以推断出 这个人所听到的有关山那边的传说都是真的。 35. C 当事情就要往好的方向发展的时候，这个人选择了放弃。 36. B 美国吸纳了来自世界各地的人，这些人把他们原来国家的食物带到了美 国，从而使得美国的食物品种增多。 37. C 根据第四段的内容可以判断本段的中心是美国人吃热狗不仅仅是喜欢吃 里面的肉，还喜欢在热狗里添加各种东西来增加口味。 38. B 根据第二段的“it is generally thought that the hot dog, the Americans' traditional favorite food, had its modern beginning in Germany.”可知人们普遍认为热狗的 发源地是德国，而最后一段又提到“the city of Frankfurt-am-Main is often said to be the birthplace of hot dogs”，由此可以推断出 Frankfurt-am-Main 是一个德国城市。 39. B 文章主要在介绍热狗，美国人最喜欢吃的一种传统食物，故选 B。 40. D A 选项在文中没有依据；根据第一段的“about 6,000 kilometers in length”可知 C 选项不正确；根据第一段的“which can be seen from as far away as the moon” 可知 B 选项不正确： 根据第一段的“It's a result of a fissure in the earth's crust which happened about thirty million years ago.”可知 D 选项正确。 41. D 根据文章对这三个湖的介绍可知 Lake Naivasha 和 Lake Victoria 是淡水 湖．Lake Nakuru 是咸水湖，故 A 选项不正确；这三个湖都经常有鸟出没，故 B 选项不 正确；C 选项在文中没有依据；Lake Victoria 是世界上第二大淡水湖，而 Lake Naivasha 是肯尼亚第二大淡水湖，所以 Lake Victoria 要比 Lake Naivasha 大，故 D 选项正确。 61
42. C 根据第四段的“Around the lake lies Lake Nakuru National Park, which has a history of about 46 years.”可知这个公园是在 1963 年左右建立的。 43. C 最后一段主要是说除了参观东非大裂谷那里的湖以外，参观那里的农场 和爬山也是很有趣的，所以接下来的一段很有可能会介绍一些农场和山。 44. C 细节理解题。从第二段的第二句“…self-image suffers as girls become teenagers. They can lose trust in their abilities and intelligence, …”，可以判断出本题的正 确答案为 C。 45. A 细节理解题。从第三段的第三句话“But from the beginning there were protests(反对) from parents and others about the exception of boys.”可以看出这一天被重 新定为“Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day”的原因是因为许多家长的反对。 46. C 推理判断题 从第二段的第一句话“…in 1993”和第四段的第一句话 “2007 was the last year”可以计算出这个组织管理这个节日共 14 年。 47. D 推理判断题 从最后一段的最后两句话“She says there are lots of requests from other countries…”可以推断出很多其他的国家也想设立这样一个节日。 48. B 细节理解题。 从第一段的第二句中的“…rounded up tables and chairs…” 可以看出他们为了吃饭方便而把桌子和椅子放在了一起。 49. D 细节理解题。从下面的文章中可以看出这帮人是黑人，他们的手很黑， 这是这个女孩让他们洗手的直接原因，她以为他们的手都很脏。 50. B 细节理解题。从故事的最后一段可以看出这些黑人也很温和很善良，他 们的心灵和白人一样洁净。从文章中妈妈的态度可以看出，A 项的表述不准确；C 项信 息错误； D 项中提到的 terrible trouble 根本就没有发生。
第 II 卷
1. Functional 2. opinions /views /ideas/ thoughts 3. healthier 4. expensive 5. good/beneficial 6. unnatural 7. safe 8. blame 9. organic 10. Support 【参考范文】 Great changes have taken place in education in China. When the People's Republic of China was founded in 1949, only 20% of children went to school and about 80% of the adults could not read or write. After the country carried out reform and opening-up policy, education has developed rapidly. In the past 20 years, China has sent 500,000 students to more than 100 countries, and has received more than 140,000 returned students from 164 countries. These people are now working hard for our motherland. Now all citizens enjoy equal education rights. Throughout the country more than 98 percent of the children are attending schools.