Life in the future
?Past ?Present ?Future ?
—distance e-schools education
Any disease can be cured in the future. People can live longer.
horse or simple cars, trains, airplanes, vehicle such as a carriage spaceship, personal flying cars
to pollute the environment to take up too much room to park停放…
made of mud small houses modern flats in high buildings
future flats, floating
streets with markets, small shops large modern buildings
tall modern buildings; with green trees in houses
on the earth; on land on the earth
in space stations; under the sea;
? Do you want to travel to the future? ? Do you want to know
what it will be like in AD3008?
Join us! Let’s
travel to the future!
? Li Qiang
? a boy who was given a chance to travel to the year AD3008 as a prize.
? He is now writing to his parents about his thrilling and unforgettable tour…
Read the text quickly, then put the following sentences into the correct order: a. We were transported into the future by a comfortable time capsule. b. I arrived at Wang Ping’s home and everything in his house made me surprised. c. I won a travel to the year AD 3008. d. I have my first try to master a hovering carriage. c-------a-------b------d
Go through the first two paragraphs quickly, then answer the following questions: 1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the year AD 3008? 2. What is a “time lag”? 3. How did I feel when I was in the capsule ? 4. Who guides my trip? 5. Why did my guide give me some tablets? 6. Who transported us to the future?
1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the year AD 3008? I took up the prize I won the year before. 2. What is a “time lag”? “Time lag’’ means a person gets
flashbacks from his previous(先前的) time
3. How did I feel when I was in the capsule ? The seats in the capsule are very comfortable. 4. Who guides my trip?
My friend Wang Ping is my guide to the
5. Why did my guide give me some tablets? The tablets could help me feel less nervous and uncertain. 6. Who transported us to the future? Wang Ping’s parents’ company transported us to the future.
seats in the capsule
Find out the Chinese meaning of the expressions take up my prize rub my eyes to remind myself that… be unsettled as a result, be similar to felt nervous and uncertain be understanding transport sb. into the future be comfortable
Please go through the third paragraph, then try to answer the following questions.
1. How did I feel as soon as I was transported to the future? I was hit by the lack of fresh air. 2. How did Wang Ping solve this problem? Wang Ping gave a mask to me and hurried me through to a small room nearby to have a rest.
lack of fresh air/the air is thin
people fly by in all directions
You can drive it swiftly by bending and pressing down on the driving stick 驾驶操 做杆strongly.
a hovering carriage
Find out the Chinese meaning of the expressions new surroundings be hit by the lack of fresh air as though hurry me though to a room in no time in all directions just at that moment catch sight of
Read fourth paragraph quickly, then answer the following questions:
1. What did Wang Ping’s house look like? 2. What was the green wall made of ? What’s the purpose of building this kind of green wall?
1. What did Wang Ping’s house look like?
His house is a large bright, clean room.
It had a green wall, a brown floor and
2. What was the green wall made of ?
What’s the purpose of building this kind
of green wall?
The green wall was made of trees. The
leaves of the trees will provide muchneeded oxygen to the house.
Find out the Chinese meaning of the expressions
soft lighting much-needed flash a switch spread some food on the table
Read the text carefully and then fill in the blanks about the details of Li Qiang’s future tour.
the time capsule In ______________: ◆ The seats were ___________ and we slept comfortable after a calming drink. ◆ The capsule began swinging gently sideways as we lay relaxed and dreaming.
In the hovering carriage: ◆It is driven by computer. ◆By bending and ________down in our pressing seat, you can move swiftly. ◆I lost sight of Qang Ping when we reached what looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions . _____________
At home: ◆It is a large bright clean room. ◆It had a green wall, a brown floor and soft _____ lighting. trees ◆The wall moved — it was made of _____! Their leaves provided the room with much-needed ______. oxygen ◆A table and some chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic. when Wang _____________ flashed Ping ______ a switch on a computer screen.
Read the text carefully and choose the best answers. 1. According to the passage, why did Li Qiang take this future tour? A. Because he was curious about the year AD 3008. B. Because he won a prize last year which offered this trip. C. Because his parents were good friends with Li Mengxi. D. Because his parents offered him a lot of money.
2. What is the purpose of having the green tablets? A. To forget one’s past experience.
B. To help one fly to the future.
C. To help one calm down.
D. To provide one with much oxygen.
Listen to the tape of the passage carefully while reading the passage, please find out the main idea of the passage.
What ’s the main idea of the passage?
It’s mainly about Li Qiang’s future journey.
Now try to find out what happened to Li Qiang before, during and after the journey.
Li felt nervous and unsettled _______ ________ Before the at first, as a result he suffered journey from time lag _______. During the Li was transported safely into time capsule journey (1) the future in a ___________. Confused During the _________by the new journey(2) surroundings, Li was hit by lack the ____ of fresh air and his head ______. ached
Arriving home Li was ______ showed with a green wall, a brown floor _____ _____
journey (1) into a large bright, clean room and ___ lighting. soft
_________, he slid into bed and Exhausted journey (2) ___ fast ______. fell asleep After the
1. Make Housing a list of the problems human Population facing today. being are Pollution 2. What problems do you think people in Global warming (greenhouse effect) the Traffic future will have overcome? Which Hunger will still be there or even worse in ones Literacy读写能力….
Deforestation desertification沙漠化 water pollution ? 滥砍滥伐 Global warming air pollution starvation poor sanitation公共卫生
What’s the writer’s attitude towards the future, optimistic or pessimistic? How do you know?
We know that from the following sentences: 1. Worried about the journey, I was unsettle for the first few days. 2. At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate. 3. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.
1. Finish “ Learning about language” on P20. 2. Review the key sentence in the text. 3. Review the new words of Unit 3 and get ready for the dictation.