虹口区2015-2016学年度第一学期期终教学质量监控测试 初三英语 试卷
（满分150 分） 2016.1 考生注意：本题有7 答题，共94 小题。试题均采用连续编号，所有答案务必按照规定在答 题纸上完成，做在试卷上不给分。
Part 1 Listening（第一部分 听力）
I. Listening Comprehension（听力理解）（共30 分） A. Listen and choose the right picture（根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）（共6 分）
B. Listen and choose the best answer（根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当答案）（共 8 分） 7. A) Basketball B) Tennis. C) Skating. D) Swimming. 8. A) 9:00. B) 9:05. C) 9:25. D) 9:30. 9. A) In the classroom. B) In the pocket. C) In the reading room. D) On the playground. 10. A) Programs. B) Food. C) Bees. D) Languages. 11. A) Canada. B) Britain. C) Australia. D) New Zealand. 12. A) Because he was very upset. B) Because he didn’t work hard. C) Because he was badly ill. D) Because he was very careless. 13. A) They’re traveling by plane. B) The man has an easy job. C) The woman enjoys the trip. D) The man likes his job.
14. A) They’d better not go for a walk. B) Going for a walk is a great idea. C) It’s not good going for a walk in the rain. D) They will go for a walk in half an hour. C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false（判断下 列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示）（共 6 分） 15. Dick was seven and he was two years older than his sister Catherine. 16. Mrs. Green took Catherine to the big city to buy some new beautiful clothes. 17. Dick’s aunt Mrs. Black took him into the kitchen to eat a nice cake together. 18. Dick’s aunt gave him a small knife and asked him to cut the cake in half. 19. In fact, Dick’s aunt meant to let his sister Catherine eat the bigger piece. 20. Dick took the cake to his sister because he really wanted to be a gentleman. D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences（听对话，完成下列内容。 每空格限填一词）（共10 分） 21. Water is called liquid gold because it’s_____ ______ and water resources are limited. 22. There’s _____ ______ salty water in the sea, but we can neither drink nor take a shower with it. 23. Floods are powerful and harmful and they can cause _____ ______in economy. 24. People who_____ ______ an earthquake or a flood may have nowhere to live. 25. People donate (捐赠) money, food, water and medicine to _____ ______through the Red Cross.
Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and Vocabulary （第二部分 语音、语法和词汇）
II. Choose the best answer（选择最恰当的答案）（共20 分） 26. Which of the following words is pronounced /sed/? A) seed B) sad C) said D) side 27. Nowadays many young people would rather go on _____ diet to lost weight. A) a B) the C) / D) an 28. We are very happy to learn that Mr. Lee will teach _____ Maths this term. A) we B) our C) us D) ourselves 29. Hurry up, Christopher! The train is leaving _____ less than ten minutes. A) at B) in C) for D) of 30. I can’t find many _____ about air pollution in our school library. A) books B) information C) report D) news 31. My family are going to have a party to celebrate my grandpa’s _____ birthday. A) ninety B) nineties C) ninetieth D) ninetieths 32. Though I ordered several items of clothing online on Taobao four days ago, _____ has arrived. A) none B) neither C) both D) either 33. All the pins that our class teacher has collected really look _____. A) rarely B) gently C) beautifully D) lovely 34. I had invited everybody, _____ only three people came to my party. A) or B) but C) so D) for
35. As I have something to tell him, I will wait _____ he comes back. A) until B) as soon as C) when D) after 36. _____ nice day! Let’s go for a picnic in the forest park together, shall we? A) What B) What a C) How D) How a 37. Don’t talk to the elderly like that, John. We _____ respect and be kind to them. A) can B) may C) need D) should 38. This car is environment-friendly because its engine _____ by electricity. A) is driven B) are driven C) drive D) drives 39. —Is your father at home? —No. He _____ to Beijing on business. A) goes B) had gone C) went D) has gone 40. Minions (小黄人) _____ pretty popular since the film “Despicable Me” was shown. A) become B) will become C) have become D) are becoming 41. Our monitor has made up his mind _____ a basketball match after the final exam. A) organizing B) organize C) organized D) to organize 42. In order to act in the film “Black Swan”, Natalie Portman practiced _____ for a long time. A) dance B) danced C) dancing D) to dance 43. — _____ does this new camera belong to? —Perhaps it’s David’s. A) What B) Who C) How D) Whose 44. —You’d better not stay up too late. It’s not good for your health. — A) Thank you all the same. B) I’ll take your advice. C) Of course not. D) It doesn’t matter. 45. —How do you like your trip to Australia, Jenny? — A) It’s my pleasure. B) The same to you. C) Yes, I’d love to. D) It’s wonderful. III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格， 每空格限填一词，每次只能填一词） （共8 分） A) theatres B) hardly C) collections D) more E) networks Every year, more than nine million people all over the world come to visit London. They go to the museums and 46 ; they look at interesting old buildings or have a drink in a park. Two million visitors go to the Tower of London. One million 47 go to see St Paul’s Cathedral or go to Oxford Street to look at shops. A quick and easy way to get to different places in the city is to take an underground train. The London underground is one of the best and most widely used transport 48 in the world with around 24 million journeys made each day. The trains run all day and most of the night. Buy your ticket before you get on the train. It’s better not to make your journey between eight o’clock and ten o’clock in the morning, or four o’clock and six o’clock in the evening. The trains are so crowded that you can 49 move or find a place to sit.
A. cancel B. simplest C. predict D. are called E. special London’s famous red buses form a big part of getting around in London. Although the London underground is the fastest and for newcomers the 50 way of getting around London, the buses play their part and are an experience you should try at least once your visit. Unlike the London underground, seated on the top deck of the bus, you get a great sightseeing experience of London as well. Some 51 visitors’ buses take you to many of the interesting places in the city on one journey. It takes about one and a half hours, but you can 52 your journey and get off (and on again) at the different places you want to visit. London taxis 53 “black cabs”. Most of them are black, but some are not. You can stop one if it has a “For Hire” sign on it. The drivers are friendly and helpful. In a word, London is a big and beautiful city with lots to see and to do. IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词）（共8 分） 54. Tom, could you please lend me your mobile phone? I’ve lost (I) 55. English textbooks and are on sale everywhere. (dictionary) 56. Rina explained to me that she took the job for reasons. (variety). 57. The average of the boy students in our class is 1.67m. (high) 58. President Xi Jinping made a at the 2015 World Internet Conference. (speak) 59. The scientist desires to like Tu Youyou in the future. (success) 60. The rooms were awful and the food was even in this hotel. (bad) 61. Going away to college has made my sister much more . (depend) V. Complete the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，完成下列句子。62-67 小题每空格限填一词）（共14 分） 62. The girl does her homework at the weekend.（改为否定句） The girl her homework at the weekend. 63. My parents and I go to the cinema once a month.（对划线部分提问） do your parents and you go to the cinema? 64. Our English teacher likes black coffee better than green tea.（保持句意基本相同） Our English teacher black coffee green tea. 65. The speaker spoke loudly. All the audience could hear him.（合并为一句） The speaker spoke loudly all the audience could hear him. 66. “Will you visit Mr. Read next week?” Tom asked Mary. （改为宾语从句） Tom asked Mary she visit Mr. Read the next week. 67. Our teacher warned us not to touch the chemicals in the lab.（改为被动语态） We not to touch the chemicals in the lab. 68. his car, Mr. Lee, on foot, instead of, often, goes to the office, driving（连词成句）
Part 3 Reading and Writing（第三部分 读写）
VI. Reading comprehension（阅读理解）（共50 分） A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）（12 分）
69. The underlined word “hoaxes” means . A) games B) websites C) lies D) stories 70. Toby is the name of a . A) man B) rabbit C) website D) cat 71. The crocodile in the photograph actually lived in . A) New Orleans B) the USA C) Britain D) the Congo 72. Some people believe that they can if they send e-mail. A) become famous B) find friends C) make money D) keep promises 73. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A) The city of New Orleans was flooded because o the terrible hurricane. B) If the man doesn’t receive enough money, he will eat poor little Toby. C) The crocodile swam around the flooded city and ate several people. D) Someone received $800.00 from the company because of the e-mail. 74. The main idea of the passage is to . A) teach how to create a professional website with attractive stories B) show that anyone can create good Internet hoaxes with some facts
C) explain that, even though they seem false, Internet hoaxes might be true D) tell people to be careful of Internet hoaxes by giving some examples B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的选项完成短 文）（12 分） Although the first airplane did not fly until 1903, flying soon became the fastest method of transport. Today it is 75 people’s favourite way of traveling long distances because it has a lot of advantages. The first airplane were not big or powerful enough to carry more than a pilot, but during the First World War (1914-1918) larger aircraft with up to four engines were 76 to carry bombs (炸弹). After the war some of these were changed to carry a few passenger services. In 1919 the first regular passenger services were started between several cities in Europe. Air transport was even then too 77 for most cargoes (货物), but mail began to carried by air at an early stage. This was partly because letters are small and light, and partly because businessmen, especially, were prepared to pay more for their mail to be delivered by the fastest method. 78 , in the United States, where letters could take over a week to cross the country by train, airmail services the first regular transport flights. The early passenger aircraft could carry only about 12 passengers, and only enough 79 for short journeys. For long distances, such as from Europe to the United states, filled with very light gas and able to float through the air, began to be used in the 1930s. By the end of the Second World War in 1945, much larger airplanes had been made. At the same time, military (军事的) airfields had been built all over the world, and long-distance routes had been set up. After the war, the introduction of the jet engine, which 80 much greater power, allowed even bigger and faster aircraft to be built. Today’s wide-bodied airplanes can carry as many as 800 passengers. Modern air transport passenger services are quite convenient. Air transport has allowed more people to travel abroad than ever before. 75. A) quietly B) easily C) directly D) recently 76. A) recognized B) considered C) developed D) described 77. A) expensive B) ordinary C) traditional D) private 78. A) After all B) For example C) In addition D) On average 79. A) time B) money C) food D) fuel 80. A) produces B) attracts C) reuses D) spreads C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的 词，使其内容通顺。每空格限填一词。首字母已给）（14 分） Beatlemania is a very strong feeling for the group, the Beatles. The Beatles were four young musicians from Liverpool, England. Their n 81 were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. These four men n 82 took music lessons. They taught themselves to play music. In 1957, John c 83 a group called the Quarrymen. At that time, he was only 16 years old. Then he met Paul. They began to write songs and sing together. Soon, George joined them. The group played in England, and then in Germany. In 1962, Ringo joined them. Then John, Paul, George and Ringo were the Beatles. The Beatles made their f 84 hit song in 1962. The song was “Love Me Do.” In 1963, their song “Please Please Me” was a bigger hit. In all, they had twenty-nine hit songs. By 1963, the
Beatles were very p 85 in England, and Beatlemania started. They had many fans. At converts, their fans screamed very very loudly. The Beatles could not hear themselves sing. The next year, the Beatles went to the United States. the Americans love them, too. People everywhere c 86 their clothes and their hair. This rock-and roll group was welcomed by people all over the world. The Beatles broke up in 1970. They wanted to play new music. All of the Beatles and interesting, new things. .John wrote music with his wife. Paul started a new group with his wife. George and Ringo made their own r 87 and gave converts. Sadly, John was shot dead in New York in 1980. He was forty years old. George became sick and died in 2001. We still hear Beatles songs on the radio today. Their music and songs will live in our hearts for ever. D. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题）（12 分） Once there was a little girl named Mary Lennox and her two little friends, Dickon and Colin. Both of Mary’s parents died when she was a little baby. She was sent to her uncle, Mr. Archilbald Crave, who had a son named Colin. Mary was one a selfish (自私的) girl. She cared for nobody else except herself and she was always alone. She started to know the word “friend” after the met Dickon, the gardener’s son. The little boy was very kind to Mary. They went to the Secret Garden every day, planting and playing. Mary never expected that making the garden beautiful would bring such a wonderful feeling to her. She was so happy to be with Dickon that she almost forgot all the sad things around her. She came out of her small lonely world. After she met Colin, Mary finally found the very person to take care of Colin, the sick boy who couldn’t even walk, had been in bed for about ten years. Before he met Mary, he was taken care of by the servants, but no one really cared how he was. He couldn’t find any reason to live. So he cried and cried, thinking about death. But Mary came. Colin was completely attracted to Mary and to all those fresh thoughts and stories which came out of her mouth. Of course, the most exciting of all was the Secret Garden. The feeling of having someone share your secret is wonderful, especially for the children. Colin used to be too weak to change his life, but now he had Mary, Dickon and the Secret Garden. All these gave him courage. Finally, with the help of his two little friends, he managed to stand up for the first time. 88. Did Mary care for anybody else except herself at first?
89. Why was Mary sent to her uncle’s? 90. What did Mary and Dickon do in the Secret Garden? in it. 91. How was Colin before he met Mary? . 92. Where did Colin’s courage come from? .
93. Who do you think changed the most in the story? Give your reason (s). . VII（作文）20 分 94、Write at least 60 words on the topic “My favourite way of communicating”（以“我最喜爱的交 流方式”为题，写一篇不少于 60 个词的短文，标点符号不占格） 提示：书信、电话、手机、电子邮件、QQ、MSN、Wechat（微信）等是我们生活中常用的交 流方式，请结合自己的一个事例，就你最喜爱的交流方式，谈谈做法和体会。 （注意： 短文中不得出现任何人名、校名及其它相关信息，否则不予评分 。） ．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．．
第一部分：Listening 略 第二部分：Phonetics,Grammarand Vocabulary II.Choose the best answer 26.C 音标题，考察了元音e 的发音。 27.A 冠词题，考察了固定搭配go on a diet。 28.C 代词题，及物动词teach 后应加 29.B 介词题，考察了介词in 表示一段时间之后的用法。 30.A 名词单复数题，限定词many 后只能加可数名词的复数形式，只有A 选项符合。 31.C 数词题，在生日之前表示“第几岁”生日应用序数词。 32.A 代词题，指代三者及三者以上都不，用none。 33.D 考察了系动词look 后只能加形容词，只有D 选项可作形容词用。 34.B 连词题，根据句意，此处应用一个转折连词。 35.A 状语从句，根据句意，A 选项符合语法及句意。 36.B 考察了感叹句的用法。 37.D 情态动词题，根据句意，此处指的是我们“应该”尊敬及善待老人。 38.A 空格前的主语its engine 是要被发动的，故应用被动语态。 39.D 时态题，根据句意，爸爸去了北京还没有回来，故应用has gone。 40.C 时态题，从后文的since 可知这个动作从以前至今持续进行，故应用现在完成式。 41.D 考察了非谓语动词。make up one’s mind 后一般要加to do sth.指某人下定决心做 某事。 42.C 考察了非谓语动词。practice 后一般要加doing sth.指练习做某事。 43.B 疑问句题，根据句意，在问这个新相机属于谁，故应用who 提问。 44.B 考察了情景对话的问答。 45.D 考察了情景对话的问答。 III.Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. 46.A They go to the museums and 46 .and 两边单词的词性一般是一致的， 由前面的museums 可判断此处要填名词，只有A、C、E 选项符合。又因为根据 句意和生活常识，去伦敦游客一般会参观博物馆和剧院，故选A。 47.D One million 47 go to see St Paul’s Cathedral or go to Oxford Street to look at shops.可判断此处需填一个副词，只有B 和D 选项符合。又根据句意可判断选D。 48.E The London underground is one of the best and most widely used transport 48 in the world. 可先判断此处需填一个名词，剩余选项中只有C、E 选项符合。又根据句意伦敦的地下 铁是世界上最好的、使用最广泛的交通网络之一更为符合。 49.B The trains are so crowded that you can 49 move or find a place to sit. 此处可判断为一个副词，剩余选项中只有B 选项吻合。 50.B Although the London underground is the fastest and for newcomers the 50 way of getting around London. and 两边单词的词性一般是一致的,前面有一个形容词的最高级fastest， 此空也需填一个形容词最高级，只有B 选项吻合。 51.E Some 51 visitors’ buses take you to many of the interesting places in the city on one
journey. 可判断此处需填一个形容词，只有E 选项吻合。 52.A It takes about one and a half hours, but you can 52 your journey and get off (and on again) at the different places you want to visit. 此处可判断需填一个动词原型， 只有A、 C 选项吻合， 又因为下文提到了下车结束旅行，所以A选项符合句意。 53.D London taxis 53 “black cabs”. 此处需填一个被动语态，只有D 吻合。 IV.Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms 54.mine 考察了人称代词转变为名词性物主代词。 55.dictionaries 考察了y 结尾前面是辅音的名词变复数时要去y 加ies。 56.various 考察了名词转变为形容词。 57.height 考察了形容词转变为名词。 58.speech 考察了动词转变为名词。 59.succeed 考察了名词转变为动词。 60.worse 考察了形容词原级转变为形容词比较级。 61.independent 考察了动词转变为形容词的反义词。 V.Rewrite the following sentences as required 62.doesn’t do 考察了动词现在时的否定转换。 63.How often 由于划线部分“once a month”为频率，故应用how often 提问，注意句首 字母要大写。 64.prefers to 考察了同义词组的转换。like…better 的含义与prefer…to…相同。 65.so that 由于演讲者提高音量后，导致了所有的观众可以听到他的讲话，故两句可用 so that 合并成结果状语从句。 66.whether/if would 考察了宾语从句的改写。 67.were warned 考察了主动和被动语态之间的转换。 68.Mr. Lee often goes to the office on foot instead of driving his car. 考察了连词成句。 第三部分：Reading and Writing VI.Reading Comprehension A.Choose the best answer 69.C 词义猜测题。根据上文句意“我们要谨防被网络信息愚弄”可知，此词 的含义与谎言、诈骗有关，C 选项符合句意。 70.B 细节题，答案出自第二段第2 行。 71.D 推理判断题，推理依据出自第三段第4、5 行，照片被发现是多年前来 自刚果的鳄鱼照片，故鳄鱼实际上是来自刚果。 72.C 细节题，答案出自第四段第2 行。 73.A 推理判断题，只有A 选项在第三段第一行提到，故为true，其它三个选 项均为虚假消息。 74.D 主旨概括题，根据文章的主旨，是提醒人们谨防网络诈骗、谨慎看待网 络新闻，故D 选项符合主旨。 B.Choose the words or expressions to complete the passage 75.A 生活常识题，如今飞机已经成为了人们最喜欢的长途交通方式。 76.C
生活常识题，在一战期间飞机的容量被扩展、发展了，来运输炸弹。 77.A 上下文暗示题，下文说到商人准备为邮件的航空投递付出更高昂的邮费， 故用飞机运输货物依然是一个太昂贵的方式。 78.B 固定搭配题，四个选项的意思分别为：毕竟；举例来说；此外；平均来 说，此处在一个总结句的后面以美国为例，应选for example。 79.D 上下文暗示题，由于下文讲到长途飞机一般需补给汽油，故短途旅行飞 机会携带好充足的燃料。 80.A 上下文逻辑题，滑翔机的产生可以制造出更优质的动力，符合逻辑。 C.Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words 81.names 上下文暗示题，空格后面为披头士乐队成员的姓名，故n 开头表姓 名为name 这个单词，注意有四个姓名，需要用复数形式。 82.never 上下文逻辑题，先可判断此空格为副词，又因为下文说他们自学音 乐，故他们从不上专业的音乐课，此处应填一个表示否定的副词，根据首字母能 判断出填never。 83.started 上下文暗示题，此处是约翰列侬开始成立乐队的时间，故根据首字 母有开始之意的词即为start，注意这是发生在过去的事情，需变成过去时。 84.first 生活常识题，披头士在1962 年发行了他们的首张专辑。 85.popular 固定搭配题，be popular in….在…流行。 86.copied 上下文暗示题，由于披头士的火爆，人们到处模仿复制他们的服装 发型，c 开头有模仿复制含义的词能想到copy，注意这是发生在过去的事情，需 变成过去时。 87.records 生活常识题，乐队两成员解散后开始制作他们自己的唱片。 D.Answer the questions 88.No, she didn’t.答案出自第二段第一行。 89.Because her parents died when she was a little baby.答案出自第一段第二行。 90.They planted and played. 答案出自第二段第三行。 91.He was sick and couldn’t even walk. 答案出自第三段第一行。 92.From Mary, Dickon and the Secret Garden. 答案出自第四段第二行。 93.写三个小孩皆可，理由充分即可。参考答案：Colin,because before he met his friends and the Secret Garden, he lost his heart to life, then he completely changed his lifestyle and outlook and became a boy who is full of courage and energy. 94、作文（略）