届高三英语一轮过关测试（ 江苏省 2011 届高三英语一轮过关测试（7）
本试卷分为第 I 卷和第 II 卷两部分，满分 120 分，考试时间 120 分钟。
第Ⅰ卷(选择题，共 85 分)
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分）
第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 1. If a person has never tasted ______ is bitter, he does not know ______ is sweet. A. that; that B. what; what C. that; what D. what; that
2. The world’s supplies of coal _______ gradually _______ up with the development of modern technology. A. is; used B. are being; used C. has; used D. have been; using
3. --- You 've made great progress in your English study. --- Yes, but much _________. A. remains to do C. remains to be done B. is remained to do D. is remained to be done
4. I shall certainly not tell him the news. ________, it will go to his ears. A. Besides B. Moreover C. Nevertheless D. Meanwhile
5. I was surprised to know that ________ two top students were caught stealing in the supermarket. Worse still, _______ third one was found fighting with others. A. the; a B. the; the C. 不填；a D. 不填；the
6. --- I know your English was a little weak. Do you need my help? --- ______, but I think I’ll be all right. A. No, thanks C. You are helpful B. That’s OK D. That’s very kind of you
7. The students are having a test. You ______ make so much noise. A. won’t B. may not C. needn’t D. shan’t
8. Now parents often give their children much pocket money, _______ that in this way they love their children more.
D. to think
9. With two children ______ to school in town now, the father had to work hard. A. to go B. going C. went D. having gone
10. Distant villages need more devoted teachers _______ the children how to learn so that they may finally lead successful lives. A. teaching B. to teaching C. to teach D. for teaching
11. To _______ his good nature, we tried to persuade the boy to change his behavior. A. bring out C. take advantage of B. make use of D. account for
12. ______ your proposal, I’m pleased to inform you that most committee members consider it acceptable. A. Considering B. Regarding C. Seeing D. Supposing
13. ______ his arrival, John was given a warm welcome by the local people. A. For B. At C. On D. In
14. He invited us to his birthday party but if she doesn’t go today, ________? A. nor do I B. neither do I C. nor shall I D. neither I shall
15. Whom was it up to ________ the matter? A. decide B. to decide C. deciding D. decided
第二节: 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分,满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 16～35 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中,选出 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 It is always interesting to visit another country, especially for those who have never traveled a great deal. 16 travel can be very educational for anyone, 18 17 he is interested enough to 19 for the
make preparations beforehand. traveler to attempt, after his arrival. It 23 20 22
the language of the new country would be 21
the benefits of such an effort would become
not seem important to him when he is comfortably situated at home, 24 a meal or rent a room is essential for the newcomer in a 27 25
knowing how to 26
knowing the language, it is very difficult for the stranger to 28 customs. 29
of the new country and
Of course, in our small world, it is
possible to find someone who understands 30
own language, but this is only second-best for the traveler. To be things without the use of a language, 32
, he can see places and 33 the heart of any 34 for the visitor
places and things are
country. To get the greatest benefit from a trip to another country, it is indeed to have an understanding of the 16.A. national 17.A. if 18.A. Knowing 19.A. easy 20.A. and 21.A. obvious 22.A. did 23.A. although 24.A. order 25.A. foreign 26.A. By 27.A. meet 28.A. his 29.A. often 30.A. his 31.A. sure 32.A. for 33.A. usually 34.A. possible 35.A. country 35 . C. domestic C. since C. Learning C. difficult C. although C. useful C. may C. where C. cook C. particular C. With C. hear C. their C. seldom C. our C. insure C. though C. only C. useless C. language D. when
B. international B. unless B. Saying B. simple B. therefore B. invisible B. must B. but B. book B. familiar B. When B. see B. its B. never B. your B. ensure B. but B. not B. impossible B. people
D. abroad D. so D. Studying D. impossible D. but D. useless D. can
D. eat D. peculiar D. Without D. understand D. our D. only D. their D. honest D. as D. very much D. important D. customs
第三部分: 阅读理解(共 15 小题;每小题 2 分,满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。 A A healthy dose of sunshine may be the secret to staying young, British scientists have revealed. Vitamin D is produced naturally by the skin in response to sunlight and may help to slow the
aging process and protect against heart disease, according to the study. Researchers from King's College London studied 2,160 women aged between 18 and 79, looking at their telomeres - a biological marker of ageing found in DNA. As people get older their telomeres get shorter and they become more susceptible to certain illnesses. But the study found women with high levels of vitamin D had comparatively longer telomeres a sign of being biologically younger and healthier. The study suggests vitamin D may help to slow down the ageing process of DNA, and therefore the ageing process as a whole. Lead researcher Dr Brent Richards said: "These results are exciting because they demonstrate for the first time that people who have higher levels of vitamin D may age more slowly than people with lower levels of vitamin D. "This could help to explain how vitamin D has a protective effect on many ageing related diseases, such as heart disease and cancer." He said further studies are required to confirm the findings. Professor Tim Spector, head of KCL's twin research unit, and a co-author of the report, added: "Although it might sound absurd, it's possible that the same sunshine which may increase our risk of skin cancer may also have a healthy effect on the general ageing process." Vitamin D made by the action of sunlight on the skin accounts for 90 per cent of the body's supply, but lower levels can also be obtained through food such as fish, eggs and breakfast cereals. Other studies have suggested the vitamin plays a key role in protecting against cancer and heart disease. 36. The passage mentions all of the items listed below except_______. A. The findings haven’t been confirmed entirely. B. People become easily infected with some illnesses when they get older. C. Vitamin D obtained through fish, eggs and breakfast cereals accounts for 10 percent of the body’s supply. D. The discovery could help explain how vitamin D has a positive effect on cancer. 37. The phrase “demonstrate for” in the 7th paragraph probably means________. A. claim B. prove C. think D. provide
38. It can be inferred that________.
A. Women with high levels of vitamin D have shorter telomeres. B. Studies have confirmed the findings. C. Sunshine may be a cause of the risk of skin cancer. D. If someone has heart disease, sunshine may help him to relieve the disease. 39. The main idea of the passage is that_________. A. Vitamin D can help protect against cancer and heart disease. B. sunshine helps keep you young. C. what effect vitamin D has on human’s body. D. high levels of vitamin D make people keep young. B TOEFL seats to increase by 80% Eighty percent more Chinese students can take the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) through the Internet at the end of this year, the US Educational Testing Service (ETS) has said. Net-based test seats will increase from 1,950 in June to 3,550 at the end of the year, an ETS press release said on Tuesday. The ETS and China's National Education Examinations Authority worked jointly on their network to meet the increased demand for TOEFL in China. Advanced technological solutions will be implemented by the ETS to monitor the TOEFL registration website to ensure an open and fair test registration process, according to the ETS. More than 6,000 colleges and universities in 110 countries accept TOEFL scores. The number of students who want to take the test on the mainland has grown steadily in recent years, with the average staying above 70,000 a year. "The ETS is committed to ensuring that everyone in China who wishes to take the test gets the chance to do so," ETS's global division senior vice-president Paul Ramsey said. Some Chinese students see the announcement as an encouragement. "It used to be very hard to get a chance to sit for the test, and I had to ask my friends to help take online registration on other computers," said Chen Lu, a second-year postgraduate student of Renmin University of China who took the test a few months ago to apply for doctoral studies in the US.
But some say the increase is still not big enough. "More and more students are preparing for TOEFL to get a chance to study abroad or to prove their ability. So I still see a gap between supply and demand," said Wu Qi, a final year undergraduate in Peking University. (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn 2007-11) 40. A. B. C. D. Which of the following statements is right according to the article?_______ The gap between supply and demand of the TOEFL seats in China has been bridged. The ETC said it had implemented advanced technology to serve TOEFL. Some students have been encouraged by an announcement made by TOEFL. If you are preparing for TOEFL, you may soon ask your friends to help take online registration on other computers at the same time. 41. From the last paragraph we know that________. A. B. C. D. More students having passed TOEFL are needed in China. TOEFL shouldn’t take in so many participants. More students want to go abroad by passing TOEFL. It’s hard to pass TOEFL. 42. We can infer from the passage that________. A. B. C. D. Not every student wants to join in the TOEFL. Any student taking TOEFL will pass it. More students will prepare for TOEFL next year. Passing TOEFL will ensure you success. 43. What would be the most appropriate title for this passage?________ A. B. C. D. TOEFL seats will increase exactly by 80% in China. TOEFL seats will increase in China Different opinions about the increase of TOEFL seats in China. The hard work made by America and China to increase TOEFL seats. C What would you think of this lady's physical attractiveness if she exhibited bad personal traits?
If you exhibit positive traits such as honesty and helpfulness, the chances are that you will be perceived as a good looking person, for a new study has found that the perception of physical attractiveness is influenced by a person's personality. The study, led by Gary W. Lewandowski, Jr, found that people who exhibit negative traits, such as unfairness and rudeness, appear to be less physically attractive to observers. In the study, the participants viewed photographs of opposite-sex individuals and rated them for attractiveness before and after being provided with information on personality traits. After personality information was received, participants also rated the desirability of each individual as a friend and as a dating partner. Information on personality was found to significantly alter perceived desirability, showing that cognitive processes modify judgments of attractiveness. "Perceiving a person as having a desirable personality makes the person more suitable in general as a close relationship partner of any kind," said Lewandowski. The findings show that a positive personality leads to greater desirability as a friend, which leads to greater desirability as a romantic partner and, ultimately, to being viewed as more physically attractive. The findings remained consistent regardless of how "attractive" the individual was initially perceived to be, or of the participants' current relationship status or commitment level with a partner. "This research provides a more positive alternative by reminding people that personality goes a long way toward determining your attractiveness; it can even change people's impressions of how good looking you are," said Lewandowski.
44.Which of the following is a negative personal trait? ______ A. Good luck B. Honesty C. Rudeness D. Helpfulness
45. It can be inferred from the passage that _______. A. An ugly person has only bad personal traits. B. If you want to be physically attractive, you should have good personal traits. C. Physically attractive people have good personal traits. D. Good-looking people attract others. 46. The author seems to be in favor of the idea that ________.
A. People should leave a good impression. B. Pretending to be honest and fair leads to people’s attractiveness. C. A person with a positive personality tends to be a friend of others but never to be a romantic partner. D. People should keep positive traits to be attractive. 47. The main idea of the article is _______. A. Honesty can make you attractive. B. Helpfulness can make you attractive. C. Personality affects your attractiveness. D. Unfairness can make you less attractive. D (China Daily, March 3, 2007) The biggest shopping center will open on March 8. Every body with today’s China Daily will get a small present that day. You are welcome. Tel.: 38990688 Address: No. 6 Xidan Road
(English Newspaper, March 19) English Newspaper needs a foreign editor. He/ She must have worked in China for more than 2 years. British nationality is necessary. The salary is $100,000 a year. The term is 3 years. In ten days this piece of advertisement will not be useful. Tel.: 3890666 Address: No. 6 Xinling Road
(China Football, February 3, 2007) Shanghai Shenhua Team Vs Beijing Guo’an Team Time: February 8. Sunday (3:00) Place: Hongkou Stadium RMB 15 yuan (for students)
Ticket Price: RMB 25 yuan (for adults) Name: China Cup Football Contest Coaches: Xu Genbao, Jin Zhiyang
[ 2007-12-04 10:15 ])
48. If an Englishman who has worked in China for 3 years comes to English Newspaper Office to ask for the job in April, he will _______.
A. get the job
B. not get the job
C. be a good editor
D. not be useful
49. If three adults and six students went to watch the football match, the tickets would cost them _______ yuan. A. 165 B. 135 C. 196 D. 255
50. Which of the following is NOT true? A. The shopping center is at No. 6 Xidan Road. B. The telephone number of English Newspaper is 3890666. C. The match was between Beijing Team and Guo’an Team. D. Xu Genbao is a coach. 第四部分: 任务型阅读（共 10 小题，每小题１分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文，根据所读内容在文后第 1 至第 10 小题的空格里填上适当的单词。 注意： 个单词。不得使用原文中出现的单词。 注意：每空只填 1 个单词。不得使用原文中出现的单词。 Every day, we are all influenced by the mass media, although some critics of the media claim that these means of communication are mainly to control our thinking and get us to buy products that we don’t need, the media also contribute to giving people information. In other words, while dangers do exist, the benefits of the media far outweigh(超过) the shortcomings. Most of the messages brought to viewers, listeners, and readers are designed either to inform or to amuse, and neither of these goals can be considered dangerous or harmful. If consumers of the media could be taught at an early age to examine messages critically, i.e., to think carefully about all that is being communicated, they would be able to take advantage of the information and entertain the news or scriptwriters, the advertisers, and so on. Are both sides of an issue being presented? Is the amount of violence and killing shown necessary to the point of a story? Have enough details about a product being advertised been presented? Besides, in a country owning a democratic(民主的) form of government, the people can get the information through the mass media to be able to express their views and vote intelligently, citizens need the opportunity to hear news, opinions, and public affairs programming. Information about current events is presented in-depth on publicly funded TV channels and radio stations as well as in newspapers. In addition, the public broadcasting media can help viewers and listeners to finish or further their education. The media also give people the information they need in their everyday life and the media can
be a valuable means of education the public. Even though the media can be misused, most of their effects are positive. Mass Media Advantages _____1____
If the consumers of the media can examine the messages critically, they can make __2__ of information and __3__ themselves without being
People can keep ___4__ by the mass media. Media can also help people ___5___ and further their education.
Media can offer information needed in their ___6___ life. Media can also be a valuable means of making the public ___7___.
In the ___8___ of some critics, they are used to control people’s thinking.
They __9____ us buy ___10__ we don’t need in fact.
第五部分： 第五部分：书面表达 ( 满分 25 分) 随着李阳 “疯狂英语”讲师团的到来和校园 “英语周”活动的开展，我校学生学英语的 积极性空前高涨.你最近以访谈的形式对高三年级的学生做了一次调查，请根据下图所示调查 结果, 用英语写一篇 150 词左右的短文, 作简单的原因分析并谈谈个人看法。
- 10 -
注意: 短文的标题及首句已为你写好,不计入总词数。 Recently, with the English Week Activities being held in our school, more and more students have shown great interest in English reading. ——————————————————————————————————————
参考答案： I. 1-5BBCCC 6-10 DDABC 11-15ABCCB II. 16-20 BACCD 21-25ACBAA 26-30DDCAC 31-35ABBDC III. 36-39 CBCB 40-43 DCCB 44-47 CBDC 48-50 BAC 5. complete/end/fulfill 10.what/ something/things
IV. 1. Disadvantages 2. use 3. enjoy 4. informed 6. daily 7. educated V. One possible Version 8. eyes 9. make/have
Recently, with the English Week Activities being held in our school, more and more students have shown great interest in English reading. A survey has been done to find out the reading activities of senior Grade Three students. They have been asked how they like reading among the four categories of English reading activities: reading crazily, only reading in the given time, reading
- 11 -
quietly with the broadcasts or the teachers, and showing no interest in crazy English at all. The survey shows that most students have bought the books. It also shows that more than half of the students like to read English crazily. Twenty percent of the students say that they prefer to read in the given time. Only fifteen percent of the students are most interested in reading with the broadcasts or the teachers. However, the number of students who show no interest in reading aloud is very small. There are many reasons for these. ......
- 12 -