Module 2 Unit4 Reading: How Daisy Learned to Help Wildlife 人教版英语必修 2 第四单元 阅读
------温州市沙城高中 高一英语 王新仁 Ⅰ. Design of Teaching Objectives （教学目标）
1.Knowledge objectives (1)学生能够正确读写及运用本课出现的单词。 (2)学生掌握本课词组的意思并能在句子中熟练运用。 2.Ability objective (1)强化略读、查读等阅读技能，训练通过寻找关键词、主题句等方式更快速并 准确地确定文章的段落大意，理清文章的总体框架与脉络的技能。 (2)增强阅读理解能力；发展借助图片、表格等非语言信息进行语言输出的能力。 3.Affective objectives (1)帮助学生理解保护野生动植物的意义，培养学生在日常生活中爱护野生动植 物的爱心。 (2)在小组合作互动中，增强学生的团队合作精神与分享意识。
II. Teaching Important and Difficult Points （教学重难点）
1．训练用英语获取信息、处理信息、分析问题和解决问题的能力； 2. 理解保护野生动植物的意义。
Ⅲ. Teaching Methods （教学方法）
1. Task-based method to make students interested in what they will learn. 2. Fast reading to get the general idea of the passage. 3. Careful reading to get some detailed information.
Ⅳ. Teaching procedures and ways （教学步骤） Step I Warming-up and lead in （新课导入）
1. Enjoy a song, then raise Qs a. Have you listen to the song beore? Do you know who sang the song ？ Who can tell me the song’ s name? b. What can you learn from the song sung Heal the World by Jackson ? 2. Who else are our friends besides human beings? What about them?
Step II. Pre-reading （读前热身）
.Look at the title and pictures and try to guess “What’s wildlife inclding the wild plants and the wild animals?”
Step III. While-reading （阅读过程）
Task 1 Fast reading （泛读）
1. Skim and scan the text quickly and try to get its main idea. (get one student to do it. Then check the answers. Daisy’s wonderful experience with some animals.) 2. Look at the screen and fill in the blanks. And answer some questions.
Task 2 Detailed reading （精读）
1. After knowing the general idea of the text, listen to the text and pay attention to the pronunciation. Meanwhile, read after the listening and underline the detailed information in the text and then do some exercises. (Ss listen to the text and read) a.multiple choices b.true or false exercises 2.How to divide the four paragraphs into three parts and describe the main idea in each part. Para1. Why we need wildlife protection. Para2. A good example of wildlife protection. Para3-4. What we can get from wildlife protection. 3. Look at the screen and fill in the blanks. And answer some questions. 4. Read aloud to find out some difficulties. (Ss read the text aloud)
StepⅣ. Post-reading （读后活动）
1. Solve the important sentences from the text (Ss translate and analyze the sentence) ①Please take me to a distant land where I can find the animal that gave fur to make this sweater. ②There Daisy saw an antelope looking sad. ③We are being killed for the wool beneath our stomachs. ④Our fur is being used to make sweaters for people like you. ⑤I wonder what is being done to help you. 2 What do you learn from the text? (Team work. Ss discuss with their members then show their discussion) 3. Summary: It is important for us to protect the endangered wild life.We cannot afford to lose any one of them.Animals are essential for our welfare and well-being.
More and more animals are killed by humans .As a student, what should you do to protect the wild animals?