必修 1 unit1 friendship 一． 单词拼写 A) 根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，写出所缺单词。 1. My main c_________ is that the project won’t be finished on time. 2. She didn’t sleep well because she was worried and _________(心烦意乱的)about many things. 3. Maria has written two novels, both of which have been made into television s________. 4. Let’s go and _________(使平静) your angry brother down. 5. Children should spend more time taking exercise o_________ and less time watching TV at home. 6. After he came back from abroad, he decided to s_________ in his hometown. 7. To send me to college, my parents _________(受苦)a lot. 8. The train arrived at e_______ 8o’clock, neither earlier nor later. 9. The play examines the problems and pressures facing _________(青少年) today. 10. I’m really g_________ for everything you’ve done for me. B) 根据句意，用所给单词的正确形式填空或用适当的词填空。 1. she said she was not __________(entire) satisfied with what I had done. 2. They are discussing how to build up a _______(power) government. 3. That worthless book is the production of an ________(ignore) author. 4. Xiao Ming’s mother criticized him, because it was the second time that he ________(make) the same mistake. 5. It was not until 1920_______ American women had the chance to vote in national elections. 6. Unfortunately, the patient was quite beyond the possibility of _________(recover). 7. We are not going to agree on everything; we will clearly find areas where there will still be ________(disagree). 8. My neighbor was having some trouble _____ her heart, so she had to see her doctor now and then. 9. The little boy felt grateful ______ the coach for his letting him join in the game. 10. The two girls are so alike that strangers find _____ difficult to tell one from the other. 二． 短语互译 10. no longer 1. 合计 11. join in 2. 关心 12. pack up 3. 故意 13. at dusk 4. 遭受 14. in order to 5. 面对面地 15. fall in love 6. 经历 16. have got to 7. 写下 17. a series of 8. 对…厌烦 18. calm down 9. 与…相处 三． 选词填空。 going through German outdoors
hid settle highway recover grateful no longer spellbound partner
overcoat suitcase get tired of tips the first time get along with
1. Why did Anne ___________ just like looking at nature out of the window? 2. Or would not understand what you are _____________? 3. She said ―I don’t want to ________ a series of facts in a dairy as most people do, but I want this diary itself to be my friend, and I shall call my friend Kitty.‖ 4. ―I need to pack up my things in the ________very quickly,‖ the girl said. 5. She found it difficult to ______ and calm down in the hiding place, because she was concerned about whether they would be discovered. 6. I would be _______ if you could give me some advice. 7. Her family was Jewish so they had to hide or they would be caught by the ______ Nazis. 8. When the man saw the car accident on the ________, he stopped in order to offer help. 9. ―I’ve _____________ looking at nature through dirty curtains and dusty windows‖, Anne said to her father. 10. I am only able to look at the nature through dirty curtains hanging before very ______ windows. 11. ―How can Linda _______ from her illness in this room when it’s so dirty and dusty? it will only make her worse,‖ said the doctor. 12. But as the moon gave far too much light, I didn’t _______ open a window. 13. The dark, rainy evening, the wind, the thundering clouds held me_______ in their power. 14. It was ______________ in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face. 15. She and her family ______away for nearly 25 months before they were discoved. 四． 完形填空。 If you are feeling that life just cannot be any worse for you, it can be challenging to think positive thoughts. When we are stressed, depressed, 1 , or in a negative state of mind because we feel that "bad things" 2 happening to us, it is important to change those 3 thoughts into something positive. If we don't, we will only attract more "bad things." It is often very hard to think positive when so many things are negative, but I am ___4_ that someone, somewhere is worse off than you. We can choose to think 5__ by beginning with the smallest of steps. If you start with one small, positive thing and 6 it during the course of your day, you will begin to move into a more positive 7 : positive thoughts, feelings, opportunities. With practice, you will change your outlook and choose to be 8 , regardless of the events around you. Here are a few examples for you to 9 . Begin and end each day with a "Thank you for this wonderful day!" When you see the gas prices hiking, say "I am glad that I have a 10 in which to get around." If you are having health problems, be grateful for what does work: "I really do 11 my eyes that see, my ears that hear, my mouth that tastes, my legs that walk, my 12 that write. Write down what you're grateful for each day. When you're feeling really down, read what you 13 beforehand. This will help uplift your spirits. If you practice this 14 , you will find that your list will get longer and longer. The 15 to make it a moment of joyful peace is to move yourself into a positive thought and keep it there long enough. The more you practice, the happier you'll be.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
A. upset A. stop A. relative A. disappointed A. carelessly A. catch A. situation A. happy A. take A. ship A. perform A. knees A. talked A. quickly A. design
B. healthy B. try B. negative B. sure B. stubbornly B. repeat B. conclusion B. sad B. make B. car B. put B. hands B. heard B. specially B. performance
C. serious C. keep C. sensitive C. sad C. actively C. speak C. attention C. moved C. learn C. plane C. appreciate C. head C. wrote C. slightly C. trouble
D. terrible D. avoid D. positive D. interested D. differently D. sing D. ambition D. confused D. practice D. bike D. know D. arms D. saw D. regularly D. key
Unit 2 English around the world 一．单词拼写 A）根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，写出所缺单词。 1. Police are trying to discover the ________(身份)of a baby found by the side of a road. 2. I did not like maths at the very start, but now my interest in it has been g_______ increasing. 3.One can travel there by the ship or plane. Most people choose the ________(后者)。 4. His n_________ language is not Chinese but he can speak it fluently. 5. What is the _______(官方) language in your country? 6.We had not seen each other in thirty years, but I r_________ her right away. 7. It is my last _______(要求), I shall never ask you anything again. 8. That foreign man speaks English with a strong German a_______. 9. His apartment is three _______(街区) away from the police station. 10.If you look s______ ahead, you’ll see the church in the distance. B) 根据句意，用所给单词的正确形式填空或用适当的词填空。 1. One question that ________(frequent) comes up is whether or not to tell other people. 2. There are some major differences between British and American English _______(use). 3. _______(actual), it would be much more sensible to do it later. 4. More than one teacher _______(have) been to Australia in this college. 5. _____ number of people present at the meeting last month _____(be) about 1,000,______ large number of whom ______(be) experts from abroad. 6. His clear _________(express) of the plan made it easy for us to understand. 7. I wonder if Shanghai can become an _______(east) Hollywood. 8. Our English teacher requested that the homework ________(hand) in tomorrow morning. 9. He did not come to the meeting yesterday. That was _______ he had to take his mother to
hospital. 10. I have almost the same problem ______she. 二．短语互译 4.make use of 1.提出 5. because of 2.现在 6. such as 3.参与 三．选词填空 Actually come up usage at present such as identity spelling vocabulary make use of voyages official gradually fluent play a part in recognize eastern command expressions native 1. It also had different ______ in different English speaking countries. 2. Amy said:‖ yes, I would like to __________ to your apartment?‖ 3. _____ English speakers can understand each other even if they don’t speak the same kind of English. 4. Geography also ___________ in making dialects. 5. When people use words and ______ different from the ―standard language‖, it is called a dialect. 6. The latter gave a separate ______ to American English spelling. 7. Later in the next century, people from England made _________ to conquer other parts of the world . 8. It was based more on German than the English we speak ___________. 9. Then ________ between about AD800 and 1150, English became less like German. 10. Although many Americans move a lot, they still _______ and understand each other ’s dialects. 11. These new settlers enriched the English language and especially its ________. 12. Some people who live in the mountains of the ________USA speak with an older kind of English dialect. 13. So by the 1600’s Shakespeare was able to ____________ a wider vocabulary than ever before. 14. At that time two big changes in English ________ happened. 15. English is also spoken in Singapore and Malaysia and countries in Africa _____ South Africa. 四． 语法专练（unit1 and unit 2 的语法直接引语与间接引语） A) 将下列直接引语变为间接引语 1.He said, ―My sister was here three days ago.‖ 2. ― I haven’t heard from her since May,‖ Peter said to me. 3. He asked, ―Are you interested in English?‖ 4. ― I’ll come to help you whenever you need my help,‖ he answered her. 5. ―When did you go to bed at last night?‖ Father asked Anne. B）将下列间接引语变为直接引语 1. Nancy asked when they were going to visit the Summer Palace. 2. Jim said that what he was expecting was a long distance call. 3. Paul asked if their team had won the match. 4. Tom told me that he had finished work the day before yesterday. 5. He said that he had taken if home with him.
五．语法填空 In the United States, there were 222 people ____1__ (report) to be billionaires(亿万富翁) in 2003. The ____2_____of these is Bill Gates, worth at least $ 41 billion, who made his money ____3____starting the company Microsoft. Mr. Gates was only 21 years old _____4_______he first helped to set up the company in 1976. He was a billionaire _____5___ the time he was 31. ___6___, there are still some other people who have made lots of money at even ____7____ (young) ages. Other young people who have struck it rich include Jackie Coogan and Shirley Temple. ____8__ of these child actors made over a million dollars ___9___ (act) in movies before they were 14. But ___10__ youngest billionaire is Albert von Thurn und Taxis of Germany, who, in 2001, inherited (继承) a billion dollars when he turned 18!
Unit3 Travel journal 一．单词拼写 A）根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，写出所缺单词。 1. One of the d__________ of the job is the long working hours. 2. He has an optimistic __________(态度) toward the coming entrance examinations to university. 3. The new office building has been finished one month ahead of s________. 4. Mary is too ________(固执的) to follow other people’s advice. 5. Students in this high school helped us to o__________ the cultural arts festival. 6.The moon’s _______(光芒) brightened the vast expand of snow. 7. He was worried about working with people who did not share his v________. 8. I was so tired that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the p_______. 9. The _______(庙宇) that lies in centre of the town was built about 200 years ago. 10. The hunter looked inside the c_________ and saw a lion. B) 根据句意，用所给单词的正确形式填空或用适当的词填空。 1. The police are making a _________(determine) effort to find the missing girl. 2. It is wise to make him change his mind by _________(persuade) not by force. 3. At my brother ’s high school _________(graduate) the students recited a poem. 4. This machine is very easy ________(operate). Anybody can learn to use it in a few minutes. 5. We did not know how we would cope _______ the money had gone. 6. John is very _______(rely); if he says he’ll do something he will do it. 7. The ________(wool) coat cost me 50 US dollars. 8. I can ________(hard) wait to hear the news. 9. If we work with a strong will, we can get over any difficulty, ________ great it is. 10. So clever a boy was he ________ he was able to work out all the difficult problems. 二．短语互译 5. make up one’s mind 1.自从 6. care about 2.投降 7. be fond of 3.照常 8. at midnight 4.改变注意
三． 选词填空。 disadvantage determined transport ever since change one’s mind make up one’s mind persuaded am fond of stubborn shortcoming give in views valleys beneath as usual wool altitude reliable pillow flames cycling schedule graduating 1. _________ middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 2. I am fond of my sister but she has one serious_______. 3. She gave me a ____________ look-the kind that said she would not change her mind. 4. It becomes rapids is small through deep ______, travelling across western Yunnan Province. 5. Along the way the children dressed in long _______ coat stopped to look at us. 6. After supper Wang Wei put her head on her ________ and went to sleep but I stayed awake. 7. As I lay ________ the stars I thought about how far we had already travelled. 8. After __________ from college, we finally got the chance to take a bike trip. 9. When I told her that our journey would begin at an _________ of more than 5,000 metres, she seemed to be excited about it. 10. Once she has ________________ , nothing can change it. 11. Two years ago she bought an expensive mountain bike and then she ________ me to buy one. 12. Which kind of ________ do you prefer to use, bus or train? 13. To climb the mountain was hard work but as we looked around us, we were surprised by the ____. 14. She is very _______ and I knew I did not need to courage her. 15. There was almost no wind-only the _______ of our fire for company. 四．语法专练（现在进行时表将来的用法还有其他的将来时的表达法） 用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Although he is breathing, I can see he ________(die). 2. If I see him, I _______(give) him your message. 3. –When _____ you _____(go) to Guangzhou? - Next Friday morning 4.Tomorrow _______(be) my father ’s birthday. 5. I think Mr. Li ________（leave） here for Beijing to attend a meeting in two days. 6. Hundreds of jobs ________(lose) if the factory closes. 7. I hear all the hotels are very crowed. Where ______ you _____(stay) in Shanghai? 8. At this time tomorrow, we ________(fly) over the Atlantic. 9.By next Sunday they _______(work) here for two years. 五．阅读理解
Kieron Williamson: The Art World’s Youngest Star
Many parents display their children’s artwork on the refrigerator, but Kieron Williamson’s paintings have been on display in professional galleries since he was 6 years old. Kieron’s artwork, though, extends far beyond child-like stick figures or finger painting. In fact, the child from Norfolk, England, has been called ―the boy who paints like an old master.‖ According to his parents, Kieron was a typical toddler who like finding bugs and playing in the mud. But on a 2008 family vacation to the beach, the 5-year-old was inspired by the boats and scenery and asked his parents for a sketch pad. His initial drawings could have been done by any
young child, but after the family returned home, Kieron continued drawing and began to display a gift for art. When he started asking about the process of putting a painting together, his parents realized he needed professional instruction. Soon after, he began taking lessons, and his progress amazed everyone as the young boy produced impressive landscapes and watercolors. In 2009,when the 6-years-old had a chance to exhibit his work in a gallery, he sold 19 paintings for 14,000pounds, becoming famous overnight. From then on, he was surrounded by buyers from France, Japan, Greece and other countries. The young artist held another exhibit three months after the first one and sold 16 paintings for over 17,000 pounds, followed by a third sale, earning 150,000 pounds. For the fourth exhibit, Kieron took the day off from school but ended up returning to school early. His entire collection had sold out in 10 minutes to collectors from around the world. Now he has a waiting list of more than 5,000 people who have ordered his paintings. He has appeared in interviews before millions, and he has been compared to Pablo Picasso. Yet Kieron doesn’t seem to be fazed by all the attention, still making time for football and maintaining excellent grades at school. He does have one goal he gets excited about: ― I’d like the Queen to have a collection of my work.‖ With his popularity climbing, this young artist may realize his wish one day. 1. According to the passage, which of the following statements is True? A. Kieron’s paintings are just as childish as other children’s. B. Kieron’s initial drawings suggested that he would be an art master. C. Kieron benefited greatly from professional instruction. D. Before displaying a gift for art, Kieron received professional training. 2. Paragraph 5 is mainly intended to tell us ____________. A. the four exhibits of his paintings B. the process of his wealth accumulation C. the high quality of his paintings D. the increasing popularity of his paintings 3. Why did Kieron go back to school early on the day of his fourth exhibit? A. Because his mind was focused on study. B. Because the exhibit was put off. C. Because he wanted to gain praise from teachers. D. Because his paintings were sold out earlier than expected. 4. What does the word ―fazed ‖probably mean in Paragraph 6? A. frustrated B. affected C. encouraged D. defeated 5. What can be inferred from the last paragraph? A. Kieron respects and admires the Queen very much. B. Kieron likes to earn money from the Queen. C. Kieron is bound to realize his dream. D. Kieron’s goal is unlikely to come true.
一．单词拼写 A）根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，写出所缺单词。 1. We were r_________ from the sinking ship by a passing boat. 2. The Red Cross turned the school into a s___________ for victims of the flood. 3. You will r_______ your future if you continue to be so foolish. 4. That earthquake was one of the worst natural ________(灾难) for decades. 5. Seeing his funny facial expression, we can’t help b________ into laughter. 6.I hear you’ve passed the examination. Please accept my c________ on it. 7. Good _________(骑自行车的人) can cover diatances of over a hundred miles a day. 8. The o_______ of the talk is how to balance work and family. 9. We will pay for any ________(损伤) which results within a year. 10. I _________（真诚地） hope that you will be sucessful in the future. B) 根据句意，用所给单词的正确形式填空或用适当的词填空。 1. _______(bury) in his work, he did not know when it began to rain. 2. He told his story to a _________(report). 3. She had set a _______(trap) for him and he had walked straight into it. 4. The boy is talking about America with others as if he_______(be) there many times. 5. –Wow! You’ve got so many clothes. - But ______ of them are in fashion now. 6. H er facial ________(express) suggest that she is not satisfied with our plan. 7. There were f_________ noises outside our tent so we pulled out our guns to protect ourselves. 8. I can not decide for you, and you’ll have to use your own ________(judge). 9. I had just pur dinner on _________ Jim walked in expectedly. 10. _________ is reported in the newspaper, talks between the two countries are making pragress. 二．短语互译 1. 立刻 4. 掘出 5. a great number of 2. 严重受损 6. at an end 3. 仿佛 三．选词填空。 wells as if burst bury shelters pipes at an end dig out events injured in ruins dams trapped disaster destroyed electricity mines canals nations million extreme suffering rescue useless dirt 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. To the north of the city, most of the 10,000 miners were rescued from coal ______ there. Two ____ fell and most of the bridges also fell or were not safe for travelling. Water, food and _________ were hard to get. For three days the water in the village ______ rose and fell, rose anf fell. Workers built _______ for survivors whose homes had been desroyed. But the one million of people of the city, who thought little of these ______, were asleep as usual that night! 7. It seemed as if the world was ________. 8. In the city, the water _______ in some buildings cracked and _______.
9. Everywhere they looked nearly everything was ________. 10. The railway tracks were now _________ pieces of steel. 11. Some of the ______ workers and doctors were trapped unter the ruins. 12. People began to wonder how long the _______ would last. 13. In fifteen seconds a large city lay ________. 14. The army organized teams to dig out those who were trapped and to _____ the dead. 15. Two-thirds of people died or were _______ during the earthquake. 四．信息匹配 第 1—5 题是五位人士针对“孩子玩电脑或电子游戏会影响他们的个性发展吗”的观点， 从 A-F 中选出相应的陈述与之匹配，选项中有一项是多余选项。 1. Parents need to watch the time their kids spend on computer or video games. 2. The effect of playing computer or video games on a child is different but it is there. 3. Computer or video games do affect children’s social development because they are not playing in reality. 4. If you have heard of online gaming, then you know video games can affect social development in a good way. 5. I’m living proof that computer or video games won’t do harm to kids. A. For a lot of children, computers and video games are just an escape from reality, taking them away from real life for a while, replacing a stressful or boring environment with sights and sounds kids could only imagine before. They have the ability of entertaining people’s minds while drawing in the whole attention away from real life. So the result will be like this: whenever a child can’t handle problems in real life, he might just turn to computer games. B. Reading Tom Sawyer or Harry Porter is as personal an act as playing an online game or even more personal than playing an online or two-player game. I’ve rarely seen two people happily reading ONE book together. But when kids play online games they need to work together and it encourages the development of social skills. C. Many results can occur from playing video games, from feeling abandoned and becoming addicted to getting better in touch with what other students are doing. The question here is whether or not video games affect a child’s development, not if it is good or bad. Anything that you interact with is going to have an effect on your development. D. People blame the computer and videos, because it is an easy target to hit. If you really wanna look at people being lonely, look at the school system, where teachers could easily fix the problem by doing more group work with him/her choosing the students for the group. I mean, I could play outside by myself and still be lonely. There isn’t a difference. E. I do believe our children’s development is affected by computers and video game play if too much time is spent because that’s time that a child used to be playing outside with other children. I think that some computer work is good because it trains the brain in new patterns, but time on the computer need to be limited and playing outside should be encouraged.
F. I am 6 feet 2 inches, 185 lbs, all muscle. I’m one of the most popular students and I’ve had a constant 30+ hours of video games since I was in third grade. I played baseball all my life until high school, and still managed up to 40+ hours of video games. I am around the 80th position in my grade and have received many honors. So it’s not necessary that computer games affect a kid’s development in a bad way. It simply depends on how much exactly one plays, and how one manages their time.
Unit 5 Nelson Mandela-a modern hero 一．单词拼写 A）根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，写出所缺单词。 1. The rich man f_______ a hospital and a school in his hometown last year. 2. We reached the _______(阶段，时期) where we’d given up any hope of curing her cat. 3. Our _______(质量) of life improved a lot when we moved to England. 4. A young boy was _________(攻击) by a dog while he was walking in the park. 5.He said he would ________(奉献) all his life to the research. 6.Just a few years ago, Tanya was homeless and __________(乞求) for money in front of the supermarket. 7. They managed to e_________ from the burning building by breaking down the door. 8.What is your o________ about family planning? 9.It was the American who chose Barack Obama to be P_________. 10.Many parents give their children ________(奖赏) for passing exams. B) 根据句意，用所给单词的正确形式填空或用适当的词填空。 1. She was ________(active) looking for a job. 2. The fans are ________(devote) to their stars. 3.A_______(self) person always thinks about himself. 4. He will _______(guidance) you to the top of the mountain. 5. It is love that makes the world ______(peace). 6.His grandma is a well ______(educate) woman. 7. I remembered the beatings and the ______(cruel) of the guards and my friends who had died. 8. I’m sorry to tell you that the plane is postponed due to the _______(terror) weather. 9. This is the first time we ______(see) a film in the cinema together as a family.
10. He thought of a very good way to stop the car from ______(steal). 二． 短语互译 1. 被判处… 2. 当权 3. 事实上 4. 求助于 三．选词填空。 peaceful willing in trouble vote guidance beg for fees violence set up equal stage unfair founded turn to cruelty 5. 建立 6. out of work 7. in trouble 8. lose heart
came to power
is sentenced to educated blankets reward lawyers attack
out of work hopeful
1. He _______ the first Republic in China in 1911 after many years’ fighting. 2. He gave up a rich life for his ideas and fought for his country to be free from the UK in a _______ way. 3. Elias went to see Nelson Mandela when he was_______. 4. It was a prison from which no one ______. 5. All that time my wife and children had to ________ food and help from relatives or friends. 6. In 1952, he ______ law office to help poor black people in Johannesburg. 7. What was Elias attitude towards the ______ situation black people faced？ 8. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress, until today we have reached a ______ where we have almost no rights at all. 9. Only then did we decide to answer________ with _______. 10. Elias was_______ to blow up government buildings. 11. Why did Nelson Mandela ______ violence to make black and white people equal? 12. He offered ________ to poor black people on their legal problems. 13. Black people could not________ or choose their leaders. 14. I remembered the beatings and the ______ of the guards and my friends who had died. 15. They said that the job and the pay from the new South African government were my ______ after working all my life for equal rights for the blacks. 16. I did not work again for twenty years until Mr. Mandela and ANC ____________ in 1994. 17. In 1962, he __________ five years’ hard labor for encouraging violence against anti-black
laws. 18. Since I was better _______, I got a job working in an office. 19. But I happy to help because I knew it would help us achieve our dream of making black and white people _________. 20. I had to leave because my family could not continue to pay the school ________. 四．语法专练。 （定语从句的用法） 用适当的关系代词或关系副词填空。 1． She brought with her three friends, none of _____ i had ever met before. 2． Because of the financial crisis, days are gone ______ ocal 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night. 3． Mozart’s birthplace and the house ______ he composed ―The Magic Flute‖ are both museums now. 4． They’ve won their last three matches, ______ i find a bit surprising. 5． Life is like a long race ______ we compete with others to go beyond ourselves. 6． I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a city ______ name will create a picture of beautiful trees and green grass in our mind. 7． My friend showed me round the town, ______ was very kind of him. 8． -What do you think of teaching, Bob? -I find it fun and challenging. It is a job _____ you are doing something serious but interesting, 9. All the neighbors admire this family, ______ the parents are treating their child like a friend. 10. Later in this chapter cases will be introduced to readers _______ consumer somplaints have resulted in change in the law. 11. The Science Museum, ________ we visited during a recent trip to Britain, is one of London’s tourist attractions. 12. Occasions are quite rare _______ you meet famous film stars in the street. 13. Those succeessful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity ______ sight matters more than hearing. 14. Women ______ drink more than two cups pf coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those _______ don’t.
五． 基础写作 上周, 我们以“谁是你的偶像”为题, 在 2600 名考生中进行了一次调查(survey)。以下是调查 数据： 偶像(idol) 伟人 父母 影视明星 体育明星 没有偶像 女生 18% 25% 50% 6% 1% 男生 18% 11% 14% 48% 9%
[写作内容] 根据以上数据, 写一篇短文, 包括以下内容： 1. 调查时间、调查问题以及调查对象； 2. 男女生在以明星为偶像方面的差异； 3. “父母”在男女生偶像中的排序差异； 4. 男女生在以伟人为偶像方面的异同； 5. 你的偶像及理由。 [写作要求] 只能使用 5 个句子表达全部的内容。 [评分标准] 句子结构准确, 信息内容完整,篇章结构连贯。
必修二 unit1 Cultural relics 一．单词拼写 1.The skirt sells well for its excellent _________（设计） 。 2. He was the only one of the soldiers who _______(幸存) the war. 3. I have some _______(怀疑)whether they will come here on time. 4. We should do everything we can to protect c________ relics instead of destroying them. 5.That dictionary isn’t mine; it b________ to the library. 6. He bought me a v_________ diamond ring as a birthday present. 7. He r__________ his trousers and I found the wound. 8. There was no e__________ that they had stolen the car. 9. I bought some w________ (木制的) boxes yesterday to store food. 10. The great hall was d__________ with flowers. 二．短语互译 6. in return 1.属于 7. less than 2.处于交战状态 8. have sth. done 3.寻找，查找 9. be decorated with 4.拆开 10. without doubt 5. 看重，器重 三．选词填空。 vase amazing design think highly of belonged in return worth at war decorated remove add…to former less than doubt wooden taking apart reception considered rare artists survived in search of selected fancy jewels 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. Is it ________ rebuilding lost cultural relics such as the Amber Room? She told her artists to _______ more details _____ it. This was a time when the two countries were __________. In two days 100,000 pieces were put inside 27_________ boxes. The _______ of the room was in the fancy style popular in those days. Are cultural relics only objects like ___________ or can they be buildings too？ Frederick William I, could never have imagined that his greatest gift to the Russian people would have such an ________ history. The amber which was _________ had a beautiful yellow-brown color like honey. Although the Amber Room was __________ one of the wonders of the world, it is now missing. In April 1945 I heard something ________ at midnight. I ______________ those who are searching for the Amber Room. By the studying old photos of the __________ Amber Room, they have made the new one look like the old one. About 4 metres long, the room served as a small _________ hall for important visitors. However, the next King of Prussia, to whom the amber room ________, decided not to keep it. Before the Nazis could get to the summer palace, the Russians were able to _________ some furniture and small art objects from the Amber Room. _________, the Czar sent him a troop of his best soliders.
17. There is no ________ that the boxes were then put into a train for Konigsberg, which was at that time a German city on the Baltic Sea. 18. Is it enough to have __________ for a long time? 19. It was also a treasure ___________ with gold and jewels, which took the country’s best artists about ten years ago. 20. The old man saw some Germans _____________ the Amber Room and removing it. 四．完形填空。 When I was twelve years old, my father took me to see Zig Zigler. I remember sitting in that dark hall listening to Mr. Zigler 1 everyone’s spirits up to the ceiling. I 2 there feeling like I could do anything. When we got to the car, I turned to my father and said, ―Dad, I want to 3 people feel like that.‖ My father asked me what I meant. ―I want to be a motivational speaker just like Mr. Zigler,‖ I replied. A (An) 4 was born. Recently, I began seeking my dream of motivating others. 5 a four-year relationship with Fortune 100 Company 6 as a sales-trainer and ending as a regional sales manager, I left the company at the height of my 7 . Many people were surprised that I would leave after earning a six-figure income. And they asked why I would risk everything for a dream. I made my 8 to start my own company and leave my secure position after 9 a regional sales meeting. The vice-president of our company delivered a speech that changed my life. He asked us, ―If a god would offer you three wishes, what would they be?‖ After giving us a (an) 10 to write down the three wishes, he then asked us, ―Why do you need a 11 ?‖ I would never forget the power I felt at that moment. I realized that 12 I accomplished in the past had prepared me for this moment. I was ready and didn’t need a god’s help to become a motivational speaker. A motivational speaker was born. Having made that decision, I was immediately 13 . One week after I handed in my notice (辞职信), my husband was laid off from his job, and now we had no 14 . But I held fast to my dream. The wonder really began to happen. In a short time my husband found a better job. And I was able to book several 15 engagements with new customers. I discovered the incredible power of dreams. 1. A. rise B. blow C. put D. raise 2. A. left B. came C. arrived D. slipped 3. A. get B. hope C. make D. cheer 4. A. idea B. dream C. girl D. speaker 5. A. After B. Before C. Because D. While 6. A. beginning B. working C. acting D. regarding 7. A. life B. love C. income D. career 8. A. plan B. promise C. decision D. mind 9. A. attending B. joining C. entering D. holding 10. A. day B. minute C. week D. hour 11. A. help B. job C. god D. company 12. A. everything B. anything C. nothing D. something 13. A. examined B. searched C. checked D. tested 14. A. help B. harm C. income D. money 15. A. selling B. speaking C. writing D. listening
Unit2 the Olympic games 一．单词拼写。 1.These products are of high quality and able to __________(竞争) internationally. 2. The charity is calling for ________(志愿者) to take elderly patients to and from hospital. 3. He heard the _________(有规律的) noise of the clock. 4. I must a_________ that the results were disappointing. 5. Who will be the h________ for tonight’s program? 6. The father of a family should have more sense of ________(责任)。 7. He picked them up and _______(放回) them in the bag. 8. The company used to be in his direct c_______. 9.We had a chance to _______（做广告）on television. 10. He d________ a reward for his efforts. 11. The salesman refused to b_______ over the price. 12. I noticed a ________(快速的) change of expression in his face. 13. He was f_________ $200 for parking his car in the street. 14. The doctor said the old man’s condition was _________（无望的） 。 15. His leg was broken and he suffered great p_______. 二． 短语互译。 1. 参加 6.获准；接纳为 2．代表，象征 7.为…而参加竞赛 8. pick up 3. 也；又 9. make a bargain with 4.主管；看管 10. on a regular basis 5.陆续地 三．选词填空 ancient competed take part in homeland pain stand for magical Greece basis admitted slaves as well nowadays host stadiums responsibility replaced motto hopeless in charge bargain foolish glory 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. She made as many men as she could share her _______. When they heard of her rules, they knew it was __________. The Olympics are held every four years on a regular __________. No other countries could join in, nor could ________ or women! It is a great _____________ but also a great honor to be chosen. That is the ______ of the Olympic—―Swifter, Higher, Stronger.‖ Pausanias, who was a Greek writer about 2000 years ago, has come on a _______ journey on March 18th, 2007 to find about the present-day Olympic Games. What do the five rings on the Olympic flag ________? How many countries _________ in the ancient Olympic Games? I lived in what you call ― Ancient _______‖ and I used to write about the Olympic Games a long time ago. Only athletes who have reached the agreed standard for their event will be ________ as competitors. But she was not allowed to run and win _______ for herself in the Olympic Games. A special village is built for them to live in, a main reception building, several _________ for
competitors, and a gymnasium as well. 14. I have come to your time to find out about the present-day Olympic Games because I know that in 2004 they were held in my _________. 15. Her father said that she must marry, so Atlanta made a _________ with him. 四．语法填空。
Although English is not as old as Chinese, it is spoken by many people around the world every day. English speakers are always s making new words and we should be able to know ______1_____ most words come from. Sometimes, however, no one may really know where ______2______ word comes form. Did you ever think about why hamburgers are called hamburgers, _______3_____ (especial) when they are not made _________4______ham? About a hundred years ago, some men went to America from Europe. They came from a big city in Germany called Hamburg. They did not speak good English, _______5_______they ate good food. Some Americans saw the eating round pieces of beef. Never _______6______they seen such ad strange way. They couldn’t help _______7______(ask) the Germans what it was. The Germans did not understand the question and answered, ―we came from Hamburg.‖ One of these Americans owned a restaurant, and had an idea. He made ______8____his mind to do something new. He cooked some round pieces of the beef like what the men from Hamburg ate and sold it quite a few ________9_______(country) around the world. Whether this story is true or not, it certainly is _______10_______(interest).
Unit3 computer 一．单词拼写。 1.Music is the u_______ language of human beings. 2. You should _______(简化) the problem—it is too difficult for the pupils. 3. The conclusion that the man was killed last night is _________（合乎逻辑的） 。 4. This _______（技术） enables computers to read handwriting. 5. All human beings are much more i__________ than animals. 6. She did not like the plan, but p__________ I saw nothing wrong with it. 7. I am pleased to tell you that your a________ for the post has been successful. 8. He set a ________（目标） for himself of exercising at least three times a week. 9. He said he wouldn’t come, so his sudden a________ surprised all of us. 10. This kind of tea has a _______(特点) of all its own. 11. Unexpected difficulties a________ in their experiment. 12. He told me not to buy it, but I bought it a_______. 13. This is a new kind of v______ in the computer. 14. As the students of geology arrived at the island, they were eager to _______(探索)。 15. They get along with each other quite well though their personalities are t__________ different. 二．短语互译 1. 如此…以致 2. 处理；安排
3. 在….的帮助下 4. 在某种程度上 5. 看守；监视 6. 结果 7. 从…时起 8. have … in common 9. go by 三．选词填空 reality network from then on download personally finance applications explore 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
10. work out 11. come true 12. give away 13. make up 14. after all 15. make good use of
in a way arises happiness so that
with the help of solve
Since the 1970s many new _________ have been found for me. In the early 1960s they gave me a family connected by a ________. I have been put into the space rockets and sent to _______ the Moon and the Mars. _________, I grew rapidly both in size and in brainpower. After all, _______________ my electronic brain which never forgets anything, using my intelligence is what I am all about! 6. Then she prepares reliable moves to use if a new situation ______. 7. He used to _______ information from the internet and made good use of it. 8. I am now truly filled with _______ that I am a devoted friend and helper of the human race! 9. I have become very important in communication, __________ and trade. 10. ________, our programmer is like our coach. 四．阅读理解
A Societies all over the world name places in similar ways. Quite often there is no official naming ceremony but places tend to be called names as points of reference by people. Then an organized body steps in and gives the place a name. Frequently it happens that a place has two names: One is named by the people and the other by the government. As in many areas, old habits died hard, and the place continues to be called by its unofficial name long after the meaning is lost. Many roads and places in Singapore（新加坡） are named in order that the pioneers will be remembered by future generations. Thus we have names such as Stamford Road and Raffles Place. This is in keeping with traditions in many countries ---- in both the West and the East. Another way of naming places is naming them after other places. Perhaps they were named to promote friendships between the two places or it could be that the people who used to live there were originally from the places that the roads were named after. The mystery is clearer when we see some of the roads named in former
British bases. If you step into Selector Airbase you will see Piccadilly Circus ---obviously named by some homesick Royal Air Force personnel. Some places were named after the activities that used to go on at those places. Bras Basah Road is an interesting example, “Base Basah” means “wet rice” in Malay（马来语）. Now why would anyone want to name a road “Wet Rice Road”? The reason is simple. During the pioneering days, wet rice was laid out to dry along this road. A few roads in Singapore are named by their shapes. There is “Circular Road” for one. Other roads may have part of their names to describe their shapes, like “Paya Lebar Crescent” . This road is called a crescent （月牙） because it begins on the main road, makes a crescent and comes back to join the main road again. 1. We learn from Paragraph 1 that _____. A. the government is usually the first to name a place B. many places tend to have more than one name C. a ceremony will be held when a place is named D. people prefer the place names given by the government 2. What does the underlined phrase ―die hard‖ in Paragraph 1 probably mean? A. Change suddenly. B. Change significantly. C. Disappear mysteriously. D. Disappear very slowly. 3. Which of the following places is named after a person? A. Raffles Place. B. Selector Airbase. C. Piccadilly Circus. D. Paya Lebar Crescent. 4. Bras Basah Road is named _______. A. after a person B. after a place C. after an activity D. by its shape 5. What can be inferred from the passage? A. Some place names in Singapore are the same as in Britain. B. Some places in Singapore are named for military purposes. C. The way Singaporeans name their places is unique. D. Young Singaporeans have forgotten the pioneers. B The phone is ringing at the other end of the line and it clicks as it is being answered. A voice says quickly, ―Hello, will you hold, please?‖ then there is another click, followed by silence. It seems like hours before someone comes back on the line—that is, if you don’t hang up first.
Office calls are, perhaps, the most difficult and the most important part of a secretary’s work. The first impression that a client（顾客） receives about a business is often through a telephone contact. A caller who is left hanging on “hold” will get the feeling that he or she has been forgotten or ignored. If a call is answered rudely, the caller may become angry. And if the call is not routed directly to the right person, the caller may feel that he or she is getting the ―run-around‖. Laura Needham is a secretary in the executive offices of a large manufacturing company. As a good office secretary, Laura knows that all phone calls must be answered quickly and handled efficiently. She knows that a secretary must be pleasant and helpful, no matter how busy she is or what kind of mood she may be in. She knows she must keep calm if a caller gets impatient or becomes angry; also, of course, she knows she can never allow herself to lose her temper. If she does not have the information the caller asks for, she must know who does have the information. Finally, she knows that one of her most important responsibilities is to ―screen‖ telephone calls and to know which calls to refer to her boss, which calls to refer to other people, and which calls to handle herself. A well-handled telephone call will give the caller a good impression of the company he or she is dealing with. For this reason, an office secretary who can handle telephone calls cheerfully, tactfully （机敏） , and efficiently is a valuable asset （财富） to any organization. 6. The underlined phrase ―run-around‖ probably means . A. a strange experience B. a flat refusal C. a not-so-warm welcome D. a cold response 7. Laura knows quite well that a secretary must be . A. quick and busy B. pleasant and helpful C. calm and patient D. both B and C 8. The underlined word ―screen‖ means . A. give an answer to B. show something on a piece of cloth C. separate things of one sort from those of another D. watch something on the screen 9. According to this passage a secretary can never be a good one unless she A. knows how to please her clients(委托人) B. often asks her boss how to deal with telephone calls
C. has the information her clients need D. can keep calm and never loses her temper 10. This passage is mainly about . A. well-handled telephone calls B. the importance of handling office calls C. a good secretary called Laura Needham D. a secretary being a valuable asset to her company
Unit 4 wildlife protection 一．单词拼写 1. Your mistake resulted in heavy l______. 2. We’ll _______(保留) the ticket for you till tomorrow noon. 3. His back injury failed to r______ to treatment. 4. A doctors’ task is to work for the ________(缓解) of patients’ suffering. 5. He showed no m________ to his enemies. 6. It is of great _______（重要）that you arrive on time. 7. China is getting more and more p______ in the world. 8. The climate _______(影响) the amount of the rainfall last year. 9. I’d a________ it if let me get on with my job. 10. Very few people s______ in losing weight and keeping it off. 11. For the past ten years he has been e______ as a firefighter. 12. It wouldn’t do you any h______ to get some experience first. 二．短语互译。 9. according to 1. 灭亡；逐渐消失 10. so that 2. 在危险中 11. protect …from 3. 和平地 12. hunt for 4. 如释重负 13. respond to 5.形成；产生 14. at the mercy of 6. 成功地做某事 15. be employed in 7.突然大笑起来 8. 注意 三．选词填空 wild decrease distant carpet burst into laughter certain rubbed affects pay attention to die out appreciate came into being inspected according to dust incident contains in relief 1. Please take me to a ________ land where I can find the animal that gave fur to make this sweater. 2. You should ________ how the animals live together. 3. One day she woke up and found a flying _______ by her bed. 4. If their habitat is threatened or they cannot find enough food, their number may _______. 5. As a result these endangered animals may even ________.
6. They allowed tourists to hunt only the _______ number of animals if they paid the farmers. 7. It _______ a powerful drug which affects mosquitoes. 8. They lived on the earth tens of millions of years ago, long before humans __________ and their future seemed secure at that time. 9. Some scientists think it came after an unexpected ________ when a huge rock from space hit the earth and put too much dust into the air. 10. ________ a UN report, some 844 animals and plants have disappeared in the last 500 years. 11. When scientists _______ the bones, they were surprised to find that these disnosaurs could not only run like the others but also climb trees. 12. A monkey watched them as it _______ itself. 四．语法专练。 （被动语态的用法—将来时的被动语态，现在完成时的被动语态，现在进行 时的被动语态） 将下列句子改为被动语态 1. They will build a new hospital in our city. 2. He will ask you to attend the party. 3. Lily will clean the classroom tomorrow. 4. We have planted many trees on the hill in the last five years. 5. Have you found ways to make waste water clean? 6. She has already returned that book to the library. 7. She is teaching the boy English. 8. They are writing a report about the negative effects of cell phones in school． 9. Now he is making the girl water the tree. 五．信息匹配 首先请阅读下列深圳书城的畅销书的封面及基本信息, 第 1-5 题是他们这些书的简要内容， 请匹配相关的书名，选项中有一项是多余选项。 深圳书城的畅销书的封面及基本信息： A．Foreword The Antidepressant Survival Guide: Beat the Side Effects of Your Medication by Robert J. Hedaya, M.D, Robert J. Hedaya, M.D., is a clinical professor of psychiatry at Georgetown University Hospital's Department of Psychiatry. Motto: Live well. B．How Fear Limits Us On Becoming Fearless... in Love, Work, and Life by Arianna Huffington Arianna Huffington was raised in Greece by her fearless mother. She has written this book for her two daughters in the hope that they will lead fearless lives. Motto: Overcome the obstacle, get over the next hill. C．Determination: How to Set Goals and Go After Them
Fight Your Fear and Win by Don Greene, Ph.D. Don Greene, Ph.D., was a nationally ranked high school diver. He was the sports psychologist for the U.S. Olympic Diving Team. Motto: Determination is drive. D．The Anger Business Anger : The Misunderstood Emotion by Carol Tavris, Ph.D. Carol Tavris, Ph.D., was senior editor. she now teaches from time to time in the department of psychology at UCLA Motto: Reduce Stress!
E．In the Presence of Danger The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker Davin de Becker, America’s leading expert on violence, is the bestselling author of the Gift of Fear: Survival Signals. Motto: Trust and act on our straight instincts. F．Moving from Fear to Freedom Transforming Anxiety, Transcending Shame by Rex Briggs, M.S.W. REX BRIGGS, M.S.W., has been a selected speaker at the National Anxiety Disorders Association of America’s conferences since 1986. Motto: Weaken anxiety 下面是这些书的简要内容，请匹配相关的书名。 1．This useful, popular book shows that if you are gone broke and lose love, please hold yourself back. If you look fat, just face it calmly. If you are in survival thinking, the most important is that you get rid of all the difficulties in front of us, life will be safe, perfect. If your daughters are to take their rightful place in society, they must become fearless. 2．In this book, the author calls the nation’s leading experts on violent behavior, and shows you how to spot even tiny signs of danger before it’s too late. Most violent acts are unpredictable. It points out that true fear is often a signal that can save your life. Believe the threat of violence surrounds us every day. But we can protect ourselves by straight judgment. 3．This book based on his years of clinical experience. It says about twenty-five million Americans take medicine to avoid depression. Despite the advances in the treatment of depression in recent years, many patients, even with the best medical care, feel that they are not living rich and fulfilling lives. This book will direct you how to survive well.
4．This interesting book tells us that annoyance is as much a political matter as a biological one. And anger is a definite message: Pay attention to me. I don’t like what you are doing. Restore my pride. You’re in my way. Give me justice. This book suggests that when you’re angry, just let it right out. 5．This valuable book states that nervousness has become a constant factor in today’s society like a sign of the times, but it is sometimes difficult to recognize the effects of anxiety on our mental health. The only way to feel better about ourselves is to go out and do it.
一．单词拼写 1. The doctor is p_______ an operation now. 2. He described b_______ what happened in a short time. 3. They started to play their own ________(乐器) and write their own songs like a real band. 4. I gave up because I didn’t have any ________（自信心） in myself. 5. Winning the Olympic title has not just brought her _______(名誉) and fortune. 6. After the lunch we parted, so I didn’t know what happened to him a_______. 7. I closed my eyes and p_______ I was asleep. 8. The assistants of the library are s_______ out the books. 9. The town r_____ on the seasonal tourist industry for hobs. 10. Teenagers are often very s_______ about their appearance. 11. I was now getting much more f________ with the local area. 12. You’ll get an _____(额外的) gift id you buy something during the Christmas. 13. She looked a______ and beautifully dressed. 14. His _______(奉献) to the cause of education is well-known. 15. We left our hometown and moved to the big city to e________ much money. 二．短语互译。 1. 梦见 2. 说实在话 3. 认为有（重要性） 4. 用现金 5. 戏弄 6. 依赖 7. 熟悉 8. 大约 三．选词填空。 dreamed of musician performances get familiar with broke up studio invitation painful attach… to 9. break up 10. in addition 11. sort out 12. above all 13. earn one’s living 14. pretend to do sth. 15. be confident of
extra to be honest rely on humorous play jokes on in cash sensitive devotion
1. At last feeling very upset and ________, Freddy and his band realized that they must leave the country 2. Fans showed their ________ by waiting for hours to get tickets for their concerts! 3. They were so popular that their fans formed clubs in order to _____ more _____________
them. 4. The band _______ about 1970, but happily they reunited in the mid-1980s. 5. A lot of people ______ great importance ____ becoming rich and famous. 6. The musicians were to ____________ each other as well as play music, most of which was based loosely on the Beatles. 7. Have you ever wanted to be part of a band as a famous singer or ________? 8. Later they may give __________ in pubs or clubs, for which they are paid in cash. 9. As some of these actors could not sing well enough, they had to ________ other musicians to help them. 10. Anyhow their performances were _________ enough to be copied by others groups. 11. His most exciting _______ was to perform on a TV programme called ― Tops of the pops‖. 12. Sometimes they may play to passers-by in the street of subway so that they can earn some _____ money for themselves. 四．语法专练。 （定语从句-非限制性定语从句，限制性定语从句，介词+关系代词的定语从 句） A）用适当的关系词填空。 1. The plan worked out well, ______ we had expected. 2. _____ is known to us all, Tai wan is part of China. 3. The boy _______ I thought t be honest lied to me. 4. Summer is the best season ______ you can go swimming. 5. Jack, ____ is a poor painter, won a ship ticket by playing cards. B）用适当的介词填空。 1. This is the man _______ whom I learned the good news. 2. Jane explained to her teacher the reason _____ which she came late. 3. The students will graduate next month, ______ which time they will have spent three years here. 4. Did you go to the concert, _____ which the band played a piece of music by the Beethoven? 5. We saw a bug table _____ which there were all kinds of books. 五．基础写作 广州某电视台打算开办一个面向中学生观 众的英语节目, 新聘任了来自英国的 John 作为节目编辑助理。现在, John 就节目内容向 广大中学生征求意见。 [写作内容] 假如你是学生李华, 建议开办“广州全接触” (All-round Guangzhou)节目。 请根据以下节目 设想给 John 写信： 节目内容 介绍广州的历史、教育、著名景点、饮食、名人
每周六、日, 方便学生周末观看 邀请中学生参加节目, 提高学生的收看兴趣
1. 中学生可以更多地了解广州文化, 以便向外国游客介绍广州 2. 有助于提高中学生的英语水平
[写作要求] 只能使用 5 个句子表达全部的内容。句子开头已给出。 [评分标准] 句子结构准确, 信息内容完整,篇章结构连贯。 Dear John， I know you’re going to set up an English program for middle school students. So I’m writing to suggest a program — “All-round Guangzhou”.
I hope you can take my suggestion into consideration. Sincerely yours, Li Hua