届高三英语一轮过关测试（ 江苏省 2011 届高三英语一轮过关测试（3）
本试卷分为第 I 卷和第 II 卷两部分，满分 120 分，考试时间 120 分钟。
第Ⅰ卷(选择题，共 85 分)
第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分）
第一节：单项选择 （共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请认真阅读下面各题，从题中所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. —Mr. Smith, you are fined for speeding. Please sign here. —Fined? Speeding? _______ A. Are you all right? C. I’m a foreigner. B. You can’t be serious! D. It doesn’t matter.
22. _______ person like him won’t be satisfied with _______ little progress that he has made. A. The; a B. The; / C. A; / D. A; the
23. Only ticket-holders were _______ to the stadium for the concert given by Jay Chou, so many of his fans were turned away. A. allowed B. permitted C. agreed D. admitted
24. —When can I use your computer? —Never! _______ should you touch it. A. At no time B. In no time C. At any time D. At one time
25. _______ seems to be a strong competition in China for senior high students to enter college or university. A. It B. There C. What D. That
26. I had wanted to help you last night but I couldn’t spare any time, for I _______ a composition which I have to hand in this morning. A. wrote B. was writing C. had written D. have written
27. －Will you lend me some paper? －Sorry, mine________. A. is running out of B. has been run out C. has run out D. has run out of
28. We wonder if there is any possibility of the statistics ________ as soon as possible.
A. to be analyzed
B. being analyzed
D. to analyze
29. How long do you think it will be ________ the computer company puts forward a new product? A. before B. since C. until D. that
30. You can’t attend the party tonight because it is stormy. ________, you still haven’t got over your high fever. A. Therefore B. However C. Moreover D. Somehow
31. —How did you feel when Liu Xiang won the gold medal in Osaka? —I couldn’t be ________. A. very excited B. more excited C. most excited D. less excited
32. Traditionally, Chinese people _______ the Chinese characters Double Happiness and stick them onto walls or doors for weddings. A. cut out B. cut off C. cut up D. cut down
33. —Is that the small company you often refer to? —Right, just the one ________ you know I used to work for years. A. that B. which C. where D. as
34. What a pity! I _______ in Hainan two more days, but something urgent needed to be dealt with back home. A. must have stayed C. may have stayed B. needn’t have stayed D. could have stayed
35. _______ to their own work, most of the parents spend little time with their children. A. Devoting B. To be devoted C. Having devoted D. Devoted
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 An eight-year-old child heard her parents talking about her little brother. All she knew was that he was very sick and they had no __36__ left. When she heard her daddy say to her __37__ mother, “Only a miracle 奇迹） save him now”, the little girl went to her bedroom and took out her piggy （ can bank. She __38__ all the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Then she __39__ her way six blocks to the local drugstore. “And what do you want?” asked the chemist.
“It’s __40__ my little brother,” the girl answered back. “He’s really, really sick and I want to get a __41__. His name is Andrew and he has something __42__ growing inside his head and my daddy says only a miracle can save him.” “We don’t __43__ miracles here, child. I’m sorry,” the chemist said, smiling __44__ at the little girl. In the shop was a __45__ customer. He bent down and asked the little girl, “What kind of miracle does your brother __46__?” “I don’t know,” she replied. “He’s really sick and mommy says he needs a(n) __47__. But my daddy can’t pay for it, so I have brought my __48__.” “How much do you have?” asked the man. “One dollar and eleven cents, __49__ I can try and get some more,” she answered quietly. “Well, what a coincidence（巧合）,” smiled the man. “A dollar and eleven cents－the __50__ price of a miracle for your little brother. __51__ me to where you live. I want to see your brother and __52__ your parents.” That well-dressed man was Dr Carlton Armstrong, a surgeon（外科医生）. The operation was completed __53__ and before long Andrew was __54__ again. The little girl was happy. She knew exactly how much the miracle __55__ ... one dollar and eleven cents ... plus the faith of a little child. 36. A. time 37. A. tearful 38. A. emptied 39. A. followed 40. A. with 41. A. drink 42. A. bad 43. A. display 44. A. calmly 45. A. well-dressed 46. A. have 47. A. companion B. medicine B. hopeful B. pulled B. made B. about B. doctor B. small B. offer B. sadly B. kind-hearted B. need B. surgeon C. money C. helpful C. put C. felt C. for C. tablet C. extra C. sell C. strangely C. well-behaved C. make C. protection D. food D. regretful D. poured D. found D. from D. miracle D. new D. store D. coldly D. good-looking D. like D. operation
48. A. savings 49. A. because 50. A. same 51. A. Bring 52. A. help 53. A. surprisingly 54. A. happy 55. A. meant
B. wishes B. so B. exact B. Send B. encourage B. secretly B. well B. covered
C. ideas C. though C. proper C. Take C. persuade C. successfully C. strong C. measured
D. worries D. but D. reasonable D. Drive D. meet D. separately D. fat D. cost
第三部分：阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分）
A Many cities around the world today are heavily polluted. Careless methods of production and lack of consumer demand for environment friendly products have contributed to the pollution problem. One result is that millions of tons of glass, paper, plastic, and metal containers are produced, and these are difficult to get rid of. However, today, more and more consumers are choosing “green” and demanding that the products they buy should be safe for the environment. Before they buy a product, they ask questions like these: “Will this shampoo damage the environment?” “Can this metal container be reused or can it only be used once?” A recent study showed that two out of five adults now consider the environmental safety of a product before they buy it. This means that companies must now change the way they make and sell their products to make sure that they are “green”, that is, friendly to the environment. Only a few years ago, it was impossible to find green products in supermarkets, but now there are hundreds. Some supermarket products carry labels to show that the product is green. Some companies have made the manufacturing (生产) of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertising. The concern for a safer and cleaner environment is making companies rethink how they do business. No longer will the public accept the old attitude of “Buy it, use it, throw it away, and forget it”. The public pressure is on, and gradually business is cleaning up its act. 56. It is clear from the text that the driving force (动力) behind green products is____. A. public caring for the environment B. rapid development of companies
C. new ways of doing business
D. rapid growth of supermarkets
57. The underlined word “it” in Paragraph 4 refers to_________. A. the selling point C. a great demand for healthful goods 58. What would be the best title for the text? A. Business and people C. Business Goes Green B There are some special traditions in Hawaii. People are very friendly and always welcome visitors. They give visitors a lei, a long necklace（项链）of beautiful fresh flowers. Men wear bright flowered shirts, and women often wear long flowered dresses. There are traditional Chinese, Japanese and Philippines holidays and all the holidays from the United States. They call Hawaii the Aloha State. Aloha means both hello and goodbye. It also means I love you. Usually when people from different countries, races and traditions live together, there are serious problems. There are a few problems in Hawaii, but, in general, people have learned to live together in peace. Hawaiians get most of their money from visitors, and most of the visitors come from the mainland and from Japan. There are so many people living in Hawaii now that there are residential (居住的) areas where there used to be farms. Some of the big sugar and apple companies have moved to the Philippines, where they do not have to pay workers as much money. The families of the first people who came from the U.S. mainland own the important banks and companies. Japanese are also buying or starting business. 59. A lei is _______. A. a group of flowers C. a way to say hello and goodbye B. a bright flowered shirt D. a necklace of flowers B. Shopping Habits Are Changing D. Supermarkets and Green Products B. the company’s product D. the manufacturing of green products
60. _______ plays an important part in the development of Hawaii. A. Industry B. Agriculture C. Business D. Tourism
61. The author wants to show that ______. A. we should all go to Hawaii B. it is possible to learn to live together in peace
C. Hawaii is too small for big companies to develop D. Hawaii is the only place where there is peace 62. A good title for this article might be ______. A. Hawaii—the Aloha State C. The Flower of Hawaii B. Living in Peace Together D. The Problems of Hawaii
Must have at least 3 years’ painting experience. Commercial and new construction work.
Part-time position available in friendly, busy office. Good typing and general office skills. Some weekends required. High pay. Various duties. Apply at East Side Management,
VETERINARIAN ASSISTANT（兽医助理） （兽医助理）
Person needed for busy animal hospital. Some nights and weekends. Apply personally to Johnson-Marks Animal Hospital, 404 Snow Road, Syracuse, NY. 13224.
Full-time and part-time positions available for modern nursing home. High pay. Call Mrs.
COOK NEEDED SALESPERSON restaurant. Must be good and dependable. Experience preferred. Immediately. Busy downtown
Experienced. Must have some knowledge of men’s clothing industry. Available to work evenings and some Saturdays. Send resume （个人简历） Martin’s Apparel, 237 Rockledge St. Syracuse, to:
Small private school needs English and math teachers. Must have BS degree and at least 4
HOTEL needs part-time FRONT DESK CLERK. No experience necessary. Excellent people and
phone skills a must. Some computer skills helpful. $13/hr. Call: Mr. Jones 357-2897.
63. If you are interested in working in a hotel, call ______. A. 435-9201 B. 534-7618 C. 324-9817 D. 357-2897
64. If you want to get a job as a maths teacher, send your resume to ______. A. 237 Rockledge St. Syracuse, NY. 13224 B. 404 Snow Road, Syracuse, NY. 13224 C. 500 Park Drive, DeWitt, NY. 13214 D. 19 South 8th St. NY. 13214 65. If you dislike working on Sundays, being a ______ should be your best choice. A. cook B. secretary C. salesperson D. veterinarian assistant
66. If you want to get a job at ______, you must have office skills. A. Martin’s Apparel C. Wales Charter School B. East Side Management D. Johnson-Marks Animal Hospital
67. Which of the following statements is true according to the ads? A. The pay you get from being a painter is higher than that from a front desk clerk. B. Your parents can’t help you with the application for a veterinarian assistant. C. You can’t apply for the nurses’ assistant if you are a nursing school student. D. Once you have a BS degree, you can work as a maths teacher in a private school.
D My husband and children think they are very lucky that they are living and that it’s Christmas again. They can’t see that we live on a dirty street in a dirty house among people who aren’t very good. But Johnny and children can’t see this. What a pity it is that our neighbours have to make
happiness out of all this dirt. I decided that my children must get out of this. The money that we’ve saved isn’t nearly enough. The McGaritys have money but they are so proud. They look down upon the poor. The McGarity girl just yesterday stood out there in the street eating from a bag of candy while a ring of hungry children watched her. I saw those children looking at her and crying in their hearts; and when she couldn’t eat any more she threw the rest down the sewer (下水道). Why, is it only because they have money? There is more to happiness than money in the world, isn’t there? Miss Jackson who teaches at the Settlement House isn’t rich, but she knows things. She understands people. Her eyes look straight into yours when she talks with you. She can read your mind. I’d like to see the children be like Miss Jackson when they grow up. 68. We can learn from the passage that the writer _______. A. is easy to get along with B. is unhappy with their life C. is good at observing and understanding D. is never pleased with her neighbors 69. What do you think of McGarity girl? A. She is proud and helpful. C. She is lonely and unhappy. 70. The writer tries to tell us that _______. A. money is the key to everything B. the more money you have, the less happy you’ll be C. there is something more important than money D. when talking to people we should look into their eyes 71. Which of the following does NOT show the writer’s view on money? A. Why, is it only because they have money? B. There is more to happiness than money. C. Miss Jackson isn’t rich, but she knows things. D. The money we saved isn’t nearly enough. E My father and I were very close. I loved pleasing him, and he was always proud of my success.
B. She is selfish and cruel. D. She is kind and polite.
If I won a spelling contest at school, he was on top of the world. Later in life whenever I got a promotion, I’d call my father right away and he’d rush out to tell all his friends. In 1970, when I was named President of the Ford Motor Company, I don’t know which of us was more excited. Like many native Italians, my parents were very open with their feelings and their love—not only at home, but also in public. Most of my friends would never hug their fathers. But I hugged and kissed my dad at every opportunity—nothing could have felt more natural. He was a curious man who was always trying new things. He was the first person in Allentown to buy a motorcycle. Unfortunately, my father and his motorcycle didn’t get along too well. He fell off it so often that he got rid of it just a month after buying it. As a result, he never again trusted any vehicle with less than four wheels. Because of that motorcycle, I wasn’t allowed to have a bicycle when I was growing up. Whenever I wanted to ride a bike, I had to borrow one from a friend. On the other hand, my father let me drive a car as soon as I turned sixteen. 72. When I won a contest at school, my father would _______. A. tell all his friends about it C. get very surprised at it B. feel most happy over it D. be more excited than I
73. Which of the following statements shows that my father was a curious man? A. I wasn’t allowed to have a car when I was growing up. B. He was the first person in town to buy a motorcycle. C. He was always proud of my success in everything. D. He was very open with his feelings and his love. 74. My father trusted no vehicle with less than four wheels because ______. A. he did not like the way I borrowed bicycles from friends B. he thought that cars were faster than motorcycles C. he liked every new model made by my company D. he once had trouble in riding his motorcycle 75. Which of the following statements is wrong? A. It was quite natural for the author to kiss and hug his father. B. When the author reached 16 he was allowed to drive a car. C. Both of the author’s parents were not open with their feelings. D. Anytime the author got a promotion, he would inform his father.
第Ⅱ卷（非选择题，满分 35 分） 非选择题，
第四部分 任务型阅读（共 10 小题；满分 10 分）
There was once a man in South America who had a parrot, a pet bird that could imitate human speech. The parrot was matchless. There was no other bird like him in the whole world. He could learn to say any word except one. He could not say the name of his native town, Catarlo . The man did everything he could to teach the parrot to say Catarlo , but he never succeeded . At first , he was very gentle with the bird , but gradually he lost his temper , “You stupid bird ！ Why can’t you learn to say that one word ;Say Catarlo ,or I’ll kill you！”But the parrot could not say it . Many times the man shouted “Say Catarlo, Or I’ll kill you！ , ”But the bird would never repeat the name . Finally the man gave up , he picked up the parrot and threw it into the chicken house ,You are even more stupid than the chickens .”In the chicken house , there were four chickens waiting to be killed for Sunday’s dinner . The next morning, when he went out to the chicken house, the man opened the door and was shocked by what he saw. He could not believe his eyes and ears. On the floor laid three dead chickens. The parrot was shouting at the fourth ,“Say Catarlo, or I’ll kill you.” The man had a（1）___________ that could （2）______ ______ The man tried to teach it to say（4）______ Four chickens were waiting to be （ 7 ） ______ ______ He finally lost his（5）______. . laid dead on the floor and for Sunday’s （ 8 ） Human speech and was（3） The man finally threw it into the chicken （6）______
the parrot was （10）______ . 1. 6. ______ ______ 2. 7. ______ ______ 3. ______ 8. ______ 4. 9. ______ ______ 5.______ 10. ______
假如你是王平，代表六班同学给你们学校新来的外籍教师 Mathew 写一封电子邮件，告诉 他大家对他第一周教学的感受，内容包括： 1．大家对他总体评价较高； 2．具有独特的、使课堂生动活泼的方法； 3．知识渊博，且对学生很耐心； 4．就如何帮助英语基础薄弱的学生，向 Mathew 提一些建议（内容自拟） 。
- 10 -
1．电子邮件必须包括以上内容，可以适当增加细节。 2．词数：120 左右。 （开头已经给出，不计入总词数）
Dear Mathew, On behalf of the students of Class 6, I e-mail you telling you how we feel about your first-week teaching in our class. ____________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________ Some of us are still poor at English and need your help. We hope ___________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ Yours, Wang Ping
参考答案： Ⅰ．单选 21-25 BDDAB II．完形 36-40 CADBC III．阅读 56-58 ADC IV1. 6. parrot 59-62 DDBA 2. imitate 7.killed 63-67 DDCBB 3.matchless 8.dinner 68-71 BBCD 72-75 BBDC 41-45 DACBA 46-50 BDADB 51-55 CACBD 26-30 BCBAC 31-35 BACDD
5 temper. 10.shouting
Ⅴ．书面表达 Dear Mathew, On behalf of the students of Class 6, I e-mail you telling you how we feel about your first-week
- 11 -
teaching in our class. All of us students think highly of your way of teaching, as you can always make your class lively and interesting. In addition, you are such a learned man that we can learn a lot from you and most important of all, you are patient with us. Frankly, you have built up our confidence in learning English well. Some of usare still poor at English and need your help. We hope you will speak a little bit slowly so that we can understand you better. Besides, would you please spend more time with us, joining in our after-school activities so that we have more chances to practice our oral English? If you have any difficulties in your life here, just tell us. We are ready to offer you any help. Yours, Wang Ping
- 12 -