新编英语语法教程 第 01 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 1A 1. A. his home work B. quickly, to play 2. A. The huge black horse B. the race 3. A. have thought about B. going into space 4. A. warms up and crawls B. out of the bag 5. A. one of the most beautiful planets to look at through a telescope B. because of the many rings that surround it 6. A. 165 years B. to complete its path, or orbit,around the sun 7. A. you and your brother B. How many pairs of shorts 8. A. the most expensive meal listed on the menu B. What 9. A. an “Outdoor Code” B. their members 10. A. can blow B. as fast as 180 miles (290 kilometers) an hour 11. A. The spiral of heated air and moist air B. to twist and grow and spin 12. A. The direction a hurricane’s spiral moves B. counterclockwise 13. A. does not shine B. At the north pole: for half of the year 14. A. The cold winds that blow off of the Arctic Ocean B. a very cold place 15. A. might have been B. guilty of murder Ex. 1B 1. SVC Within the stricken area, not a single soul remained alive, and the city centre looked as if it had been razed by monster steam-roller. 2. SV The bomb exploded 1,000 ft. above the groun. 3. SVO On August 6, 1945, an American aircraft dropped a
bomb on the Janpanese town of Hiroshima. 4. SvoO Three days later, yet another bomb of the same kind gave the town of Nagasaki the same fatal blow. 5. SVOC The explosion made one and a half square miles of the city an expense of reddish rubble. 6. SVA Within the fraction of a second, the bomb changed from a metal cylinder into an immense mass of enpanding gas, millions of degrees hot. 7. SVOA A tremendous blast of hot air whirled the debris of stone, cencrete, metal, and wood over the ground. Ex. 1C 1. Walden Pond, once praised by Thoreau for its natural beauty, is now the site of many tourist stands. 2. Almost every summer night the cooling northeast wind swept through our bedroom windows, marking air conditioning unnecessary and a light blanket welcome. / Swepping through our bedroom windows almost every summer night, the cooling northeast wind made… 3. The steep surrounding slopes were capped with snow, which fed two streams plunging down to join in the valley below. 4. With the river on one side and a large tree providing shade, this is a good spot for a picnic, and we can spread our blanket on the grassy knoll. 5. Panting for breath after running up the stairs, Mr wood stood at his neighbour’s door and knocked again and again till someone opened it. 6. The town folk envied horace, who had come into a small fortune with which he bought a big house and obtained a partnership in the biggest grocery in town. 7. Standing in front of the mirror, Jim looked at his image, wondering at the big change that had come over him in recent years. 8. The idea that his only daughter whom he had greatly wronged might never forgive him almost drove hime mad. 9. The story, written in plain language, consists of three parts with an interesting plot centering round an aristocratic family living in 17th century France.
10. Mud-covered and shivering, John sat hunched over a bowl of hot broth prepared by his father to drive off the chill. 11. Far above the waters of a beautiful lake and over the tops of the tall pime trees growing on the steep of a hill stand five Chinese-style pavilions. 12. Farther down the street, the old man stopped and leaned against a lamp-post, listening to a cheerful song coming out of a restaurant on the oppsite side of the street. 13. Sarah sank in the nearest chair, completely exhausted, her limbs stiff with cold, her mind a piece of blank. 14. Throughout the day Mrs Rymer behaved very properly, her pleasant, refined face wearing a grave look, her elegant figure wrapped in deep mourning while occasionally she uttered a sigh or a sob. 15. Tony thought it necessary to break the news to his family, that Mr Jacob, his former employer, had promised him a half-day job at 20 pounds a week. 16. The thought that he might have wronged his friend who had rendered him good services on many occasions troubled his mind, already overburdened with worries and cares. 17. The men of the disbanded royal bodyguard, suddenly turned loose onto the street of a capital seething with unrest, unemployed and perhaps disgruntled at their abrupt dismissal, were a potentially dangerous element. 18. For many years London has been a business centre with hotel accommadation for visiting businessmen toghter with well-to-do travellers but completely inadequate for the swarms of shour-stay tourists landing at Heathrow or disembarking at Dover. 19. Nearing the top, he climbed recklessly faser and faster, his eyes already glowing with triumph, but suddenly he slipped and fell, tumbling to the ground and lying motionless there, a crumpled pile of arms and legs. 20. Bertrand Russell was one of the very few persons who have received both the Order of Merit, which was conferred on him by the British government in 1949, and the Nobel Prize for literature, conferred in Norway in 1950. 新编英语语法教程 第 02 讲 练习参考答案
Ex. 2A 1. come 2. are 3. has / have 4. are 5. are 6. are 7. was / were 8. is 9. costs 10. were 11. are 12. are 13. was 14. are 15. lie 16. were 17. are 18. is 19. is 20. was 21. Has 22. were 23. is 24. is 25. are 26. is 27. are 28. cover, are 29. is / are 30. was/were Ex. 2B 1. were 2. have 3. is, is 4. was 5. were 6. is 7. is 8. are 9. is 10. are, are 11. have 12. are, their, their 13. was, It, was 14, It / They, is / are 15. are, their, they, disapprove 16. were, they 17. was 18. are 19. were 20. were 新编英语语法教程 第 03 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 3A 1. is 2. was 3. is 4. has 5. were 6. means 7. is 8. is 9. is 10. is 11. were 12. sells 13. is 14. are 15. are 16. are 17. is 18. is 19. was 20.provides 21. are 22. was 23. stops 24. is 25. is 26. does 27. produces 28. is 29. is 30. was Ex. 3B 1. ’s 2. are 3. is 4. are 5. is 6. was 7. is 8. were 9. is 10. ’s 11. is 12. is, is, is 13. are 14. is 15. have 16. is 17. are 18. looks 19. are 20. are 21. understand 22. has 23. was 24. have 25. was 26. was 27. are 28. is 29. is 30. was 31. is 32. is / are 33. leaves 34. is / are 35. are 36. are 37. is 38. comes 39. is 40. live 41. are 42. points / point 43. are 44. is 45. are 46. was 47. is / are 48. is 49. has 50. was Ex. 3C 1. is / are 2. is / are 3. is 4. is / are 5. is / are 6. remain 7. is 8. are 9. has / have 10.care / cares 11. is 12. plays 13. is 14. am 15. are / is 16. was 17. is, has 18. was 19. come 20. is 新编英语语法教程 第 04 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 4A 1. description 2. arrangement 3. attendance 4. peculiarity 5. expectation 6. argument 7. dependence 8. originality 9. exaggeration
10. measurement 11. purity 12. persistence 13. extension 14. statement 15. generosity 16. entrance 17. loneliness 18. forgetfulness 19. happiness 20. seriousness Ex. 4B 1. strange sounds 2. foods are 3. chief, tribes, their, salmon (s) 4. The runners-up were given pound notes / The runners-up were each given a pound note. 5. bodies, their heroes 6. mice, tooth-marks 7. Crises, occur, families 8. / 9. / 10. these businesses 11. / 12. fruits are 13. / 14. these articles are well written 15. / 16. several personal kindnesses 17. / 18. sufferings 19. professors 20. children are playing, sands Ex. 4C 1. experience 2. waters 3. for advice 4. an important piece of information 5. for it is fun 6. were not numerous 7. Poultry 8. directors are 9. militia 10. geniuses 11. merchandise has 12. sympathies 13. experiences 14. were times, rivalry 15. clippings, were 16. lookers-on 17. foliage is 18. photos 19. 12-pages 20. Luggage is Ex. 4D 1. blade 2. piece 3. choir 4. flash 5. lump 6. gang 7. grain 8. head 9. staff 10. collection 11. fleet 12. cluster 13. bundle 14. bunch 15. team 16. piece 17. ear 18. bar 19. herd 20. pack 21. flock 22. crowd / swarm 23. troupe 24. bench 25. grove 26. collection 27. suite 28. squadron 29. band 30. library Ex. 4E 1-5 BCADC 6-10 CBDAB 11-15 ADBBC 16-20 BDCAB 新编英语语法教程 第 05 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 5A 1. my father has a car 2. the bull has horns 3. the prisoner escaped 4. her parents consented 5. somebody released the prisoner 6. somebody assassinated the President
7. a letter from the general / the general sent a letter 8. the crowd felt sympathy 9. a college for women 10. a summer day, a day in the summer 11. the earth has a (rough) surface 12. the absence lasted ten days 13. a doctoral degree, a doctorate 14. the bird made the nest 15. the committee made a report 16. a story told by the girl / the girl told a story 17. the volcano erupted 18. the victim had courage / the victim was courageous 19. somebody punished the boy 20. the critics recevied the play in a hostile manner Ex. 5B 1. The comedian performed, and he was well received by a huge audience. 这位喜剧演员的演出很受广大观众的欢迎。 2. She was thankful, for her little girl had quickly recovered. 她的小女孩很快康复，为此她非常感谢。 3. How to educate children presents a big problem. 教育孩子成了大问题。 4. He was happy that his wife loved hime. 他陶醉于妻子对他的爱情。 5. He did that because he loved his wife. 他干这个是出于对妻子的爱。 6. The enemy was defeated, and the war was brought to an end. 战争以敌人的失败而告终。 7. John was pleased because his teacher praised him. 约翰因受到老师的嘉勉而感到高兴。 8. She was punished for stealing, and the punishment was a year in prison. 她因偷窃被判刑一年。 9. As he had served unfailingly, the servant was remembered in his master’s will as a reward. 由于仆人忠实可靠地服务，主人在遗嘱中提出遗赠 作为报酬。 10. William’s homework is the only example that is never bably done. 只有威廉的家庭作业一贯做得好。
Ex. 5C 1. …Dick’s decision to emigrate to Australia. 2. the expansion of the Physics Department / The Physics Department’s expansion… 3. …a novel of Jane Austen’s. 4. That long report of Mr Allen’s… 5. Those new shoes of yours… 6. …the article of the student… 7. …Shakespeare’s tragedies / the tragedies of Shakespeare 8. …a ship’s carpenter. 9. The punishment of the offenders… 10. …the past decade’s events / the events of the past decade 11. …the enemy’s unconditional surrender / the unconditional surrender of the enemy. 12. …other people’s criticism of him. 13. …the younger generation’s education / the education of the younger generation. 14. …at John Wiley’s, the bookseller’s. 15. …an article of T. Johns’… 16. …this policy of the government’s…? 17. …an idiot’s tale. 18. That dog of Frank’s… 19. This book of Joe Hill’s… 20. Jane’s letter… Ex. 5D 1. The leg of the table is broken. 2. Mary and John’s house is on the corner. 3. …on birs’s nests. 4. …the students’ problems. 5. …at the Joneses’. 6. / 7. …Charles’ car but someone else’s. 8. …in ten years’ time. 9. The products’ effectiveness… 10. This week’s news… than the last two weeks’. 11. …others’ problems. 12. …each other’s worries. 13. My brother and sister-in-law’s house… 14. A friend of my father’s… 15. A wheel of the car… 16. / 17. The baseball player’ wives… 18. …women’s clothing only. 19. …Milton’s long poems.
20. Those new shoes of yours… 新编英语语法教程 第 06 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 6A 1-5 AABDB 6-10 CCCDB 11-15 ACABC 16-20 DBDCD Ex. 6B 1. books 2. end 3. words 4. news 5. weeks 6. sign 7. money 8. intelligence 9. books 10. line 11. sentences 12. strength 13. apple, money, etc 14. case 15. nurses 16. bales 17. novel, ones 18. years, cause 19. rooms 20. cases Ex. 6C 1-5 BDCAD 6-10 BDBDC 11-15 BBCAB 16-20 CDDCC Ex. 6D 1. …little opportunity to travel. 2. …many such novels. 3. … / Neither sentence is correct English. 4. He has many more problems… 5. …this kind of apple / these kind (s) of apples. 6. I enjoy either kind, … 7. …every book in the fiction section. 8. …than in any other country in the world. 9. …a greater amount of rainfall this year than there was last year. 10. …all this luggage / all the luggage at the airport. 11. …such beautiful poetry / such a beautiful poem that it is hard to believe she has never had a formal education. 12. …a great many friends in New York. 13. Whatever nonsense… 14. That third sister of his… 15. I can’t for the life of me remember. 16. Presumably there are fewer / less diseases… 17. …than all other methods. 18. …once every three months. 19. …study of language. 20. …some more soup? Ex. 6E 1. How much work have you done this morning? 2. To dig a tunnel will need a great amount of labour. 3. He’s done the least work.
4. There are several methods of approaching this problem. 5. I know little French. 6. There must be less empty talk but more practical work. 7. Were there many people at the reception? 8. May I have a few words with you? 9. There were fewer people today at the exhibition than yesterday. 10. Harry made the fewest mistakes. 11. You’ve learnt more poetry and done more exercises than I have. 12. Jack’s done the most work and made the most mistakes. 13. He’s done a lot of work and made a lot of mistakes. 14. A millionaire has lots of money—and lots of worries. 15. Anna has enough worries because she hasn’t got enough money. 16. The telephone rang every few minutes. 17. We have been persisting in making the experiment all these last few cold days. 18. Both his next books on English linguistics will come out in 2006. 19. Soon we learned that we had to wait another three more weeks. 20. My brother spent $ 500 for a second-hand car, but I spent almost twice the amount for the same stuff. Ex. 6F 1. much 2. many 3. any 4.some 5. some, any 6. any 7. Some, any 8. many 9. few 10. little 11. fewer 12. little / less 13. either 14. either, neither 15. Both 16. All 17. none 18. every 19. each 20. any, all 新编英语语法教程 第 07 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 7A 1. 0 2. 0 3. the, an 4. the 5. 0 6. the, the, the 7. 0, a 8. 0, the 9. a, the 10. the 11. 0, the 12. A 13. The, the 14. the 15. 0, 0 16. 0, the 17. 0, a, an, a, the 18. the, the, a, the 19. the, the, the, the, the, the 20. a, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 / a Ex. 7B 1. a 2. the 3. a 4. a 5. a 6. an 7. the 8. the 9. a 10. the 11. 0 12. the
13. a 14. the 15. a 16. 0 17. the 18. a 19. a 20. a / the 21. an 22. the 23. a 24. 0 25. an 26. the 27. the 28. the 29. the 30. a 31. the 32. the 33. a 34. a 35. the 36. the 37. the 38. the 39. an 40. 0 41. 0 42. 0 43. a 44. a 45. the 46. 0 47. the 48. a 49. the 50. the 51. the Ex. 7C 2. Lake Michigan 3. The Straits of Gibraltar 4. Qomolangma 5. The National Gallery 6. the World Cup 7. Christmas 8. The Olympic Games 9. NATO 10. the BBC 11. Newsweek 12. The Times 13. Whitehall 14. the Finance Ministry 15. Parliament 16. the Senate 17. a John Spence 18. Jones and Smith 19. The watermans 20. The White House 21. university 22. church 23. table 24. the university 25. the hospital 26. prison 27. The train 28. The hovercraft, the boat 29. hovercraft 30. a taxi 31. school 32. a bus 33. the ferry 34. a cinema 35. The film 36. the Pope 37. a world 38. Language 39. experience 40. law Ex. 7D Ⅰ. 1. the 2. a 3. the 4. a 5. his 6. the 7. my 8. a 9. the 10. the 11. the 12. 0 13. a 14. a 15. Sam’s 16. the 17. A 18. the 19. The 20. His 21. the 22. her 23. your Ⅱ. 1. a 2. the 3. another 4. an 5. the 6. a 7. an 8. a 9. an 10. 0 11. 0 12. a 13. the 14. the 15. Each 16. a 17. the 18. the 19. a 20. other 21. the 22. another 23. the 24. a 25. the 26. the Ex. 7E 1. on the spot 2. from top to bottom 3. on hand 4. an the front 5. in a fashion 6. taken a fancy to 7. in case of 8. took the fancy of 9. in trouble, lend a hand 10. went by the board 11. within reach of 12. on top of 13. In the case of 14. in the shade 15. at a loss 16. in possession of 17. in the possession of 18. under cover 19. burning the midnight oil 20. at short notice
Ex. 7F 1. Light travels faster than sound. 2. Be quiet, please. Don’t let me hear a sound. 3. In writing English, after each word we leave a space. 4. This box occupies too much space. 5. After a big meal, you should take a rest. 6. Everybody needs food, drink and rest. 7. He did it out of kindness. 8. Thank you. You have done me a kindness. 9. He lives close at hand. 10. The children suffered a lot at the hands of their stepfather. 11. Have you got an English-French dictionary? 12. Have you got an English and a French dictionary? 13. How do you like the red and white roses in my garden? 14. Have you seen the red (roses) and the white roses in my garden? 15. He is still in hospital. 16. I’m going to the hospital to see him. 17. There is a garden in front of the house. 18. There is a picture in the front of the book. 19. This style of dress is no longer in fashion. 20. She likes to read about the lastest fashion. 21. Don’t talk too much at table. 22. My friend was sitting at the table writing a letter. 23. When we called, his family were at dinner. 24. When we called, his family was giving a dinner. 25. The students take / took quite a fancy to their teacher. 26. The exhibits in the hall soon took the fancy of the visitors. 27. The old man is in possession of a huge fortune. 28. This island was once in the possession of the Great Britain. 29. You must immediately consult a doctor in case of illness. 30. Pauline is stupid, but it is different in the case of Mary; she is just lazy. 新编英语语法教程 第 08 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 8A 1. its 2. his, he 3. them 4. it has 5. it, it has to 6. its / their 7. its 8. him / them 9. he is / they are 10. it 11. it 12. his / their
13. isn’t it 14. take / takes 15. his / their 16. has, her 17. their 18. has, his 19. they, themselves 20. tends, itself Ex. 8B 1. it / she 2. It 3. it / her 4. her 5. his / one’s, he / one, his / one’s 6. himself 7. she 8. it / she 9. he / he or she, he / he or she 10. it / she 11. it / she 12. his / his or her, his / his or her 13. it / him 14. it / him, it / he 15. It 16. he / he or she 17. his / her 18. it / she 19. he / he or she 20. he / he or she, he / he or she Ex. 8C (略) 新编英语语法教程 第 09 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 9A 1. me 2. me 3. she 4. me 5. her 6. she 7. whom 8. who 9. who 10. whoever 11. him 12. its 13. anyone else’s 14. his 15. who 16. whoever 17. his 18. her 19. whom, her 20. whom Ex. 9B 1. theirs，ours 2. its, it’s 3. of his 4. The professor himself 5. for herself 6. beside ourselves 7. conducts himself 8. itself 9. he / he himself 10. no change 11. she / she herself 12. him 13. me 14. whom 15. who 16. whoever 17. us, who 18. him 19. his 20. whoever 21. his 22. your arriving late 23. whomever 24. Their 25. who 26. whoever 27. me 28. he himself 29. one / he 30. whether you Ex. 9C 1. …to teach the facts of life to their children. 2. …to change this situation… 3. …with great potentials which are not enhanced… 4. …major in accounting. 5. Bud Ellis challenged Jody Baker to a game of chess when they met at the Recreation Centre. 6. This morning’s paper says that Route 4 can’t be used until the flood damage is repaired. 7. On a hill was situated the cottage, which… 8. Two weeks after his uncle moved to Florida, Ed sold… 9. …as if the jails were equipped with revolving doors.
10. I put the package of frozen strawberries… 11. Before she left for Europe, Mother asked Mrs Spry to visit her. 12. …this vitamin, which is essential to sound teeth. 13. Burkett’s being given the leading role in the play displeased the rest of the cast. 14. …all the clothes stored in the attic were ruined. 15. Ann and Jan wouldn’t even look at each other when they met… 16. Since her arrival in New York, this was the first time that she had seen her mother. 17. …shoes. This pleased Mother tremendously. 18. …Those / The people interviewed are sometimes indignant. 19. When he spoke to the lawyer, Dad was extremely nervous… 20. …that the holiday makers can hardly find places to sit down, which is why those people who hate crowds keep away from these places. Ex. 9D 1. I 2. My 3. my 4. I 5. I 6. themselves 7. them 8. my 9. I 10. them 11. these 12. I 13. their 14. their 15. their 16. their 17. I 18. myself 19. them 20. them 21. I 22. I 23. I 24. me 25. it 26. my 27. my 28. I 29. they 30. me 31. I 32. they 33. the 34. their 35. it 36. they 37.they 38. they 39. They 新编英语语法教程 第 10 讲 练习参考答案 Ex, 10A 1. Don’t speak loudly. The children are sleeping. 2. Don’t disturb me. I’m thinking. 3. The chidlren were jumping to keep warm. 4. The woman got mad. She was hitting her head against the wall. 5. Old Tom knows Russian, but he can’t speak it well. 6. I hope she likes these reses. 7. Halleck resembles his father very much in disposition and appearance. 8. This material feels soft. 9. I believe we will certainly achieve success. 10. Last night we dined at a Thai restaurant. These almost all the dishes taste hot. 11. In grammar, English differs greatly from
Spanish/ 12. This bus can hold 40 people. 13. This rule applies to all the tourists. 14. They were talking about pollution of the environment. 15. Spring is here. The treetops are turning green. 16. The economic situation there has changed from bad to worse. 17. I’m getting old. I can’t walk such a long distance. 18. This trunk weighs 50 kilos. 19. Surely you are imagining things. 20. I am not feeling (I don’t feel) very tired. Ex. 10B 2. called off 3. carry out 4. catch up with 5. came round / to 6. cutting down 7. looked into 8. held up 9. turn up 10. Keep off 11. Knocked him out 12. let you off 13. leave out 14.mix up 15. bring up 16. blew it up 17. Look out 18. put off 19. look on 20. put up 21. running into 22. run up against 23. sold out 24. send for / call in 25. taking…in 26. turned down 27. turned out 28. work out 29. wound up 30. took on, worn out, give…up Ex. 10C 1. This case is being looked into by the police. 2. Before long the children had taken to their ner teacher. 3. We can’t rely on other countries to help us tide over the difficulty. 4. The First World War broke out in 1914. 5. When she came to, she found herself lying in a hospital. 6. He was not really feeling sad. He was just putting on. 7. Some new problems cropped up at the last minute. 8. As most members were absent, the meeting had to be called off. 9. Can you figure out a way to solve this problem? 10. When he was criticized, he flared up. 11. Don’t be taken in. 12. I got very angry that he should come out with that rude remark.
13. You must work hand, or you won’t be able to keep up with the rest of the class. 14. Sophie is going to take a day off tomorrow; I must fill in for her. 15. We are going to bring up this question at the next meeting. 16. I’m going to forward to meeting you in Shanghai. 17. We all look up to Doctor Lin, because she serves herpatients selflessly. 18. He worked in the United States for three years, and he made the most of the opportunity to improve his English. 19. She was so lazy that she made a mess of her room. 20. This is a used car; it has changed hands several times. Ex. 10D 1. finding 2. occurred 3. waiting 4. studied 5. stood 6. read 7. read 8. decided 9. satisfy 10. carried 11. colored 12. taste 13. watching 14. slipped 15. took 16. found 17. was 18. ran 19. shouted 20. drank 21. tasted 22. was 23. learned 24. to question 新编英语语法教程 第 11 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 11A 1. Patience wears out stones. 2. Pride goes bedore a fall. 3. Facts speak louder than words. 4. One swallow doesn’t make a summer. 5. The Changjiang flows into the East China Sea. 6. Water doesn’t exist on the moon. 7. It isn’t ever cold in Hawaii. 8. May in Paris isn’t always nice; it sometimes rains a lot. 9. He occasionally is wrong, but not often. 10. He never does any homework, but he does well in class. 11. Our company doesn’t always make very high profits. 12. My mother doesn’t usually have coffee in the morning. 13. She hardly ever goes to bed before midnight. 14. Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, is very dry; it hardly ever rains.
15. My parents seldom go to church on Sundays. 16. The earth revolves round the sun. 17. India lies to the south of China. 18. The Thames flows through London. 19. I usually vote for a Democrat, but my roommate almost always votes for a Republican. 20. It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Ex. 11B 1. is 2. see / will see 3. are 4. went 5. bought 6. was 7. set to, did 8. had 9. knew 10. knew 11. lived 12. wondered 13. sleep / will sleep 14. say 15. tells 16. hear 17. wanted 18. says 19. suggest 20. make 21. does not dislike 22. had 23. get 24. came 25. use(d) 26. do / did 27. rained 28. gather 29. stepped, sat, began 30. is; is; is; sits; rubs; coughs Ex. 11C 1. He came to see me every day last week. 2. It is winter time. We usually have breakfast at seven thirty. 3. How long ago did you buy the shoes you are wearing? 4. The old professor stepped into the classroom, opened the book and began to teach. 5. How I wish you were here with us! 6. Jane tells me you’re entering college next year. 7. Rome was not built in a day. 8. A rolling stone gathers no moss. 9. Practice makes perfect. 10. He who laughs last laughs best. 11. One good turn deserves another. 12. Whenever ammonia is added to this liquid, its colour changes to organge. 13. I wondered if you could lend me your car. 14. I hear that old Henry died last night. 15. This tape recorder is easy to operate. Watch what I do. I switch it on, press this button and it starts. Ex. 11D 1. is living 2. live 3. is…standing 4. stands 5. sees 6. is getting 7. are…spending 8. boils 9. is boiling 10. is getting 11. is always writing 12. are…talking about 13. write, know, is doing, Does your son write; hear, seems 14. are
always hammering; keeps, begins, hear, shakes 15. smell; do, think, is coming, is probably ironing, irons, watches, gets, forgets, is pressing, is thinking 16. is running; passes, kicks; heads, misses; hits, bounces; is happening; is lying; is holding; is running; is running; is blowing Ex. 11E 1. arrived, was telephoning 2. arrived, telephoned 3. did…do; was (jiust) doing 4. was (always) ringing 5. was burning, was sleeping, was playing, (was) singing; was; stopped; woke 6. was drowning, dived, saved 7. was listening, rang, did not hear 8. exploded, was landing, climbed; were waiting, witnessed 9. ate; was doing 10. Did…want; hoped / was hoping 12. (1) was (just) hanging out (2) started (3) was wiping (4) lost (5) fell off (6) was washing (7) rushed (8) koncked over (9) let (10) was talking (11) managed (12) was doing (13) cut (14) was peeling (15) was reversing (16) forgot (17) bumped Ex. 11F 1. differs 2. belongs to 3. are landing 4. know 5. are. have 6. am getting 7. tastes 8. is waiting 9. is (just) coming in 10. flows 11. is raining 12. floats 13. is falling in 14. equals 15. is…stopping 16. realize, forgive 17. is dictating 18. am trying 19. matters 20. is dying, is just leaving 21. concerns, think 22. prefer 23. smell, smells 24. goes / is always going 25. are…sitting 26. suppose, know, means 27. appreciate 28. is always doing / always does 29. cost 30. grow, have Ex. 11G 1. is arriving, have 2. are being, am (still) having 3. think, am thinking 4. am expecting 5. expect 6. Do…mind 7. Is…minding 8. doesn’t hear 9. is hearing 10. am smelling 11. smell 12. am forgetting 13. forget 14. consider 15. is considering 16. are being 17. am measuring 18. measures 19. Does…apply, applies 20. am applying 21. am tasting, taste, tastes 22. is hurting / hurts 23. are hurting 24. Feel, Does…feel 25. extends, are extending 26. do…think, don’t think 27. are…smelling 28. is seeing to 29. do…feel / are…feeling, feel / am feeling 30. is tasting, think
新编英语语法教程 第 12 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 12A 1. have been telephoning, Haven’t you nearly finished; haven’t got, have been trying, has been 2. have been playing, haven’t played 3. have been writing / have written 4. have … been learning / have … learned 5. has been sleeping /has slept 6. has been coughing / has coughed 7. have known, have been reading, haven’t finished 8. have been, have … come 9. has been learning, has mastered 10. has been raining, has stopped 11. have travelled 12. Have … read 13. have been reading 14. have read 15. has let 16. has been crying 17. has injured 18. has been assassinated 19. have been working 20. has been losing Ex. 12B 1. YES 2.NO 3.YES 4.YES 5.YES 6.YES, NO 7.YES, NO 8.NO, NO, NO 9.YES, YES, YES 10.YES, NO Ex. 12C I. (1)struck (2)reached (3)lit (4)sat (5)had left (6)had had (7)put (8)undressed (9)got (10)fell (11)had put (12)had forgotten (13)dropped (14)burned (15)found (16)had burned (17)had … made II. (1)opened (2)saw (3)had … been listening (4)wondered (5)had heard (6)asked (7)had been doing / was doing (8)said (9)had dropped (10)had been looking (11)didn’t see (12)found (13)had … dropped (14)opened (15)had been taking (16)were (17)turned (18)asked (19)pulled (20)ran (21)recovered (22)had disappeared (23)moved (24)found (25)had been standing (26)had been telling Ex. 12D 1. I met George after he had heard … 2. I met George before he had heard … 3. We reached the football ground before the game
had started. 4. We reached the football ground after the game had started. 5. As soon as we arrived at the station, we bought … 6. For several years after Dick (had) left school, he worked … 7. After she’d cleaned … she had … 8. When we arrived, they’d laid … 9. He’d done all his work by the time he went … 10. The secretary had typed … by the time I came … 11. I’d only been there … when John walked in. 12. He’d answered … before he got a job. 13. They left before I’d explained … 14. We managed … before the concert had started. 15. She didn’t notice it until he’d pointed it out. 16. I’d no sooner taken off … than it began … 17. I’d no sooner put … than I realized … 18. He didn’t understand until I’d explained. 19. He came in before I’d done … 20. We got to the hall after the concert had started. We didn’t get to the hall until after the concert had started. The concert (had) started before we got to the hall. Ex. 12E 1. went 2. was / were 3.hadn’t said 4.hadn’t drunk, hadn’t drunk 5.had expected, had intended 6.hadn’t lost 7.hadn’t told 8.knew /had known 9.had come 10.had meant 11.had wanted 12.wasn’t 13.hadn’t been 14.had never seen 15.had given 16.had seen 17.had asked 18.hadn’t broken 19.knew 20.had never been invented Ex. 12F 1.haven’t got to 2.Have you got 3.hadn’t got to 4.have got to 5.have got to 6.hadn’t got to 7.had got 8.have got 9.have got to 10.hadn’t got to 11./ 12.has got 13./ 14.haven’t got to … have we 15. have got 16./ 17./ 18.has got to 19./ 20./ Ex. 12G 1. have explained 2. have had 3. drank, drove, got, gave, has been breathalysed 4. was, had visited 5. had tried 6. will be, have had to
7. are going to stay, will be, haven’t been 8. will be, have taught; teach, take, will be 9. are … getting on; have done, learnt 10. Have … been; went, went, was, had been, liked, go Ex. 12H I. 1. Do you … know 2. should /would like 3. have just heard 4.would exactly suit 5.doesn’t apply 6.won’t get 7.saw 8.had just left 9.said 10.was going 11.promised 12.(had) found 13.have heard 14.don’t even know 15.went 16.know 17.should/would be 18.would phone 19.have tried 20.doesn’t / didn’t seem II. 1.wrote 2.asking 3.replied 4.enclosing 5.filled up 6.returned 7.have heard 8.am beginning 9.has gone 10.Would/Could you please check 11.have received 12.have received /did receive/ received 13.haven’t decided 14.should/would be 15.would tell 16.has already been 17.should/would like 18.don’t get 19.will have to 20.do 21.will have / have 新编英语语法教程 第 13 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 13A 1. will just be coming out 2. will be, will be wondering 3. will come 4. will be doing, will be working 5. will get, will still be, will be going, will ask 6. will be melting, will be 7. won’t start, will give 8. will tell 9. will be reading, will be ringing 10. will be cooking, will ring 11. am going to shampoo 12. is going to bake, will soon get 13. will see 14. am going to have 15. am going to bottle 16. Are you going to paint, am going to take 17. am going to ring 18. am going to start, Are you going to do, is going to help 19. will start, will get, will bake 20. am going to make, will burn 21. is arriving, Is he spending, is he catching, is
spending, is giving, is attending 22. am going to dye, Are you going to do, are you going to have, am going to have 23. is going to rain 24. Are you doing, are coming, am going to show, Are you taking, am going to take 25. am going to send, am seeing 26. am moving, Are you going to have, am going to paint 27. am going to buy, is going to be 28. are you going to do, Are you going to sell, am going to learn, am having 29. am getting, are starting, is coming 30. is going, is having, is looking, is coming 31. will have finished, will be starting 32. will have planted 33. will have done, will be relaxing 34. will have done, will soon be leaving 35. will be trying, will have sent 36. will be living, will have spent 37. will be giving, will have given 38. will be coming, will have picked 39. will be fishing, will have been polluted, will be dying 40. will be repairing, will have repaired Ex. 13B 1. would have/were going to have 2. were going to swim/were swimming/were to swim 3. was to discover 4. (1)is going to catch/is catching/is to catch (2)is going to attend/is attending/is to attend 5. was going to show./ was about to show 6. was going to be/was to be 7. were not to use 8. (1)would be/was going to be/was to be (2)were going to discuss/were to discuss 9. (1)Are … going to watch (2)was going to watch (3)is arriving (4)am going to meet (5)was going to arrive 10. (1)are … to be (2)were to be (3)were to have got (4)was to have taken place (5)are … to have Ex. 13C 1. We’ll start off as soon as the rain stops. 2. I’ll ring you up directly I hear the news.
3. If you are leaving early tomorrow morning, you’ll have to finish packing before bedtime. 4. The committee are to gather next Thursday to settle the question. 5. He is not to stay here any longer. He is to leave at once. 6. She said that by the end of the week she would have been back to China. 7. He told me yesterday that he was going to get married next month. 8. He announced at the press conference that the prime minister of Japan was to visit China next Monday. 9. If you go and see him at six, he will be taking morning exercises. 10. What will you be doing at 7: 30 tomorrow evening? 11. When you come back from Nanjing next week, the discussion will have finished. 12. By next weekend, I’ll have been here for a whole year. 13. Don’t get off the bus till it stops. 14. They are going to spend their holidays in Dalian next summer. 15. Look! The dark clouds are gathering. It is going to rain. 16. If I’m at lunch when he comes, please tell him to wait a little while. 17. We’ll stay here for a couple of days before we go on to Xi’an. 18. We’re having our dress rehearsal tomorrow evening. Are you coming? 19. How many students are going? Are they going by boat? 20. The Foreign Ministers were to have met on May 14 to discuss the proposals for easing the crisis, but the war broke out. 新编英语语法教程 第 14 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 14A 1. This house was built 2. English is spoken … 3. He has never been beaten … 4. Milk is used …. 5. My piano is being repaired … 6. My shoes had been cleaned. 7. / 8. … a new system was being started.
9. This dress can’t be washed; it must be dry-cleaned. 10. A different attitude will have to be adopted. 11. / 12. The bag is to be left … 13. He will be sent to school … 14. Bicycles must not be left … 15. These engines used to be started … 16. / 17. The wall is going to be painted green. 18. You will be asked … 19. / 20. He was told never to come … 21. He was proved wrong. 22. Those books should have been taken back. 23. It may have been left … 24. / 25. This letter need not be typed. 26. Mary seems to be liked very much by John. 27. She happened to be met in the street by the boy. 28. / 29. / 30. / Ex. 14B 1. Who was it written by? 2. Has my parcel been posted? 3. My attention was held by … 4. Your record has never been equalled. 5. Why wasn’t I informed of the change …? 6. A lot of time is wasted … 7. The books had to be taken back; we were not allowed to take … 8. This could be done much more easily by (a) machine. 9. Jack was invited, but Tom wasn’t (invited). 10. Weren’t you told to be ….? 11. You are sure to be asked that question. 12. That he wasn’t present should be borne in mind/ It should be borne in mind that …. 13. The principle known as Boyle’s Law was discovered by … 14. … my car had been towed away. I asked why this had been done and was told that … it had been parked … 15. He must have been terribly disappointed to be told he wasn’t wanted. Ex. 14C 1. This topic has been talked about … 2. It will then be dealt with … 3. The children weren’t properly looked after. 4. Has this matter been looked into? 5. Are you being attended to? 6.
Smith’s warehouse was broken into … 7. My application has been turned down. 8. This question will be brought up … 9. The trains were held up by fog. 10. Your argument is not borne out by the facts. 11. Their stories are made up. 12. The application has been filled in incorrectly. 13. The scheme was thought out carefully. 14. The prices were put up. 15. Your photographs will be blown up well. 16. The recorded programmes can be played back. 17. These interruptions were put up with. 18. His retirement is being looked forward to very much. 19. The responsibilities are being faced up to badly. 20. He was looked up to by everyone. 21. This piece of legislation had been done away with reluctantly. 22. They weren’t taken in by her story. 23. I was got through the written papers by special coaching. 24. He will be seen off at the airport by all the ministers. 25. If it rains, the match will have to be put off … Ex. 14D 1. Your remarks have been taken careful note of / Careful note has been taken of your remarks. 2. His aristocratic connections are made rather too much of / Rather too much is made of his artitocratic connections 3. … the matter was never paid attention to / … attention was never paid to the matter. 4. These prisoners were made an example of (by …) / An example was made of these prisoners (by …). 5. … that she was being made fun of. 6. Special emphasis must be laid on … 7. The plane was lost track of … 8. …. no mention was made of …. 9. The excellent situation … must be taken full advantage of / Full advantage must be taken of … 10. This state of things must be put an end to ... Ex. 14E 1. being sent /to be sent 2.being educated /to be educated 3.being asked/to be asked 4.to be sent 5.being examined 6.to be promoted 7.to be transferred 8.being asked 9.being consulted 10.to be admitted 11.to be asked 12.being interviewed
13.to be paid 14.being invited 15.to be photographed 16.being punished 17.to be sent 18.to be taught/ being taught 19.being taken /to be taken 20.being left Ex. 14F 1. I hope to be promoted. 2. I expected all my letters to be typed promptly. 3. I would like to be measured for a suit. 4. I don’t want to be bothered. 5. I expect him to be kept in the picture. 6. I don’t mind being criticized by you. 7. I want to be left alone. 8. She objects to being disturbed when she’s reading. 9. He insists on being shown respect. 10. She doesn’t like to be flattered. 11. I want him to be punished. 12. Will they permit the book to b e taken out of the library? 13. We must not allow the interests of the people to be violated. 14. They decided for the power plant to be built later. 15. I’m worrying about my children being led astray in the forest. 新编英语语法教程 第 15 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 15A 1.Now they are started … 2.… but one of the firemen … 3.… which we … 4.…. It was decided … 5.…. And passengers and crew … 6.… they can be built … 7. Measurements of wind speed … 8.… and I was earning … Ex. 15B 1. It is thought that … /He is thought to be coming. 2. It is believed that …/ He is believed to be … 3. It is known that … /You are known to have been … 4. It is understand that …/ She is understood to have been … 5. It is supposed that … / He is supposed to be … 6. It is said that the murderer … /The murderer is said to be hiding … 7. It is reported that … ?unidentified flying objects are reported to have been seen … 8. It is rumoured that … /He is rumoured to have escaped …
9. It is expected that … / Electricity supply is expected to be … 10. It is known that he is … / He is known to be … 11. Very little is felt to have been done … 12. The President is expected to speak … 13. He is said to have been … 14. The murderer is said to be hiding /to have been hiding … 15. The expedition is known to have reached … 16. The ship is reported to have been sunk. 17. You are expected to leave … 18. N is known to be preparing … 19. All the miners are feared to be … 20. Both sides are understood to have agreeed … Ex. 15C 1. It is said that she can speak several foreign languages/ She is said to be able to speak foreign languages. 2. It is known that many people are homeless after the earthquake ? Many people are known to be honeless after the earthquake. 3. It is understood that this is the result of recent negotiations/ This is understood to be … 4. It is thought that she has recovered? She is thought to have recovered. 5. It is expected that the President will make an announcement/The President is expected to make an announcement. 6. Will this question be discussed tomorrow morning? 7. It can be done right away. 8. Has this motion been adopted? 9. The reservoir is going to be completed ahead of schedule. 10. Some new songs are being taught now over the radio. 11. Quality must be guaranteed first. 12. Another college has been set up at Pudong. 13. It is suggested that the meeting be put off till next Thursday. 14. It must be recognized that China is still a developing country. 15. It must be pointed out that Taiwan problem is China’s internal affairs. 16. This English Reader sells well. 17. A porcelain sink cleans easily. 18. This drawer won’t lock.
19. Milk spoils easily. 20. Will this fish keep till tomorrow? Ex. 15D 1. Couldn’t someone be asked to do the word privately without being known? 2. They were shocked by the boy’s rudeness, which was put down to his having been spoiled by his parents. 3. … that the picture had been stolen. 4. The question was put to debate, but on very few occasions was a question fully debated in Parliament. 5. … and martial law was declared. The army put down the rebellion and declared martial law. 6. He wanted the information to be treated as confidential, … 7. … and the proceeds will be shared among his family. 8. All the members should have an equal right to speak and to vote. Only in this way could they make the law effectively. 9. Having been ignored for many years, … 10. Should it be proved beyond doubt that the fire was caused by an accident, the man being held on suspicion of arson will be released. 11. On being informed that he was wanted by the police, the man realized that he had been betrayed by his accomplice. 12. … it was found that most of its fittings had been stripped and the air had been let out of the tyres. 13. …, but it had to be cancelled at the last minute because of a cabinet crisis. 14. The fire was finally got under control, but not before it had caused extensive damage / but not before extensive damage had been caused. 15. … before you made any decision. 16. Feudalism was not accepted, any more than capitalism is. 17. … and two thousand pounds’ worth of jewellery had been stolen. 18. Information about the source from which the startling news had been obtained was withheld by the reporter. The reporter withheld information about the source from which he had obtained the startling news. 19. The army authorities needn’t have caused him so much distress by telling him that his brother had died in action, as they later discovered that they had made a
mistake as to the missing man’s identity. 20. A kind of lid is fixed to the top of the pipe, and the oil is allowed to flow gently through taps. 新编英语语法教程 第 16 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 16A 1. She insists that he take his vacation now. 2. I had recommended that he be placed in a more responsible position. 3. I suggested that he finished up that project quickly. 3. I demanded that he accompany that the soldiers advance immediately. 4. The general commanded that the soldiers advance immediately. 6. I prefer that Mary type the letters. 7. It was necessary that he leave immediately. 8. It’s important that he be nominated. 9. He advised that she wait for a few weeks. 10. The board has instructed that the manager quit. 11. He ordered that the troops march to the front at once. 12. Congress has voted that this law be abolished. 13. It is absolutely essential that all the applicants be interviewed one by one. 14. I think it advisable that a secretary be appointed at once. 15. We propose that somebody neutral take the chair. 16. Long live our great motherland. 17. Be it understood that… 18. Suffice it to say that… 19. It is necessary that every member get informed of these rules. 20. …if need be. Ex. 16B 1.be 2.were 3.were 4.have 5.be 6.be 7.weren’t 8.be appointed 9.were 10.were 11.be examined 12.were 13.were 14.apply 15.were feeling 16.be increased 17.be made, economize 18.were 19.be 20.be dropped 21.were 22.were 23.were to rain 24.were to see 25.(not) be started 26.suffice 27.tell 28.be excused 29.be adjourned 30.were 31.continue 32.be 33.be 34.inform 35.were 36.be 37.come 38.perish 39.were 40.forget Ex. 16C 1.went 2.had 3.had done 4.began 5.knew 6.had 7.had nibbled 8.were addressing
9.were 10.stayed, looked 11.had tied 12.hadn’t given 13.had, would 14.were 15.drove 16.had been 17.had not taken 18.had kept 19.paid 20.did not know 21.had never been 22.stooped, started 23.had brought 24.were coming 25.had taken 26.took 27.had had/had 28.had not tried 29.had not had 30.got Ex. 16D 1. I would certainly take you there if need be. 2. if i were to do this , i would adopt a different method. 3. the president ordered that all the armed forces be mobilized at once. 4. the board decided that Johnson be appointed general manager. 5. if I were you, I would face up to the problem. 6. If I were in better health, I would have long left this place. 7. far be it from me to see him make a mistake. 8. how i wish our factory were better equipped. 9. if we weren’t to have our test tomorrow, I would go and see a film this evening. 10. it is essential that all the applicants be interviewed one by one. 11. it was suggested that another session be held to discuss the problem of inflation. 12. I insisted that she stay in Shanghai for another day or two. 13. the steel workers demanded that their wages be increased by 10 per sent. 14. i second their motion that the discussion be put off. 15. I prefer that my secretary accompany me to Beijing. 16. it has been decided that more time be allotted for extensive reading. 17. suffice it to say that without national independence there is no democracy or freedom. 18. if you do not listen to my advice, so be it. 19. we unanimously recommended that neutral chairman be appointed. 20. he has become, as it were, an utterly self-centred man. 新编英语语法教程 第 17 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 17A 1. can type 2. can answer 3. could never
understand 4. could solve 5. (What you say) might be 6. Shall I open…? 7. will come 8. Would you have…? 9. will put 10. will sit 11. would hit 12. sould sit 13. You should read 14. We must read 15. You must not smoke 16. Can you do 17. Should we wait? 18. We need not attend 19. That will be 20. that must be Ex. 17B a) 1. needn’t (= don’t have to, don’t need to, haven’t got to) 2. won’t have to 3. didn’t have to (= didn’t need to) 4. needn’t 5. didn’t have to 6. didn’t have to 7. needn’t 8. needn’t 9. won’t have to 10. needn’t b)11. You had to… 12. He wasn’t to… 13. He wasn’t to… 14. You had to… 15. He said I wasn’t to… 16. They had to.. 17. We had to… 18. I wasn’t to… 19. He said you weren’t to… 20. We had to… Ex. 17C 1. should 2. should 3. Would, should 4. would 5. should 6. would 7. should, would 8. should 9. should 10. would, would 11. should 12. would, would 13. should 14. would, would 15. should 16. should 17. Should 18. would, should 19. would 20. should, should / would Ex. 17D 1. He may be doing his homework. 2. She may have forgotten to call me back. 3. Could you lend me 5 pounds until tomorrow? 4. I wonder if I could leave now. 5. It might rain this evening. 6. Old Tom might have left San Diego. 7. If it should rain tomorrow, the football match
would be put off. 8. You should do as he says. 9. If you should change your mind, please let me know. 10. I’m surprised that he should have an accident. 11. Shall I go with you? 12. You shan’t answer her back again. 13. You mustn’t violate the traffic regulations again. 14. He must have got lost in the mountains. 15. You needn’t go and see him. 16. You needn’t have written to her. 17. You should have helped her. 18. If you would change this car, I should be very grateful. 19. Would you mind shutting the door? 20. She shouldn’t have bought that house. 21. It’s odd that she should say that. 22. Don’t call him. He’ll be taking a nap. 23. Don’t write to him. He won’t be home now. 24. Don’t bother him. He will have heard the news. 25. A lion will attack people only when hungry. 26. What will you do after graduation? 27. Mary ought to be home by now. 28. You oughtn’t to have bought a new car. 29. He used to work in Shanghai, but now he is nowhere to be found. 30. How dare you say that in the presence of the principal? Ex. 17E 1. He may be working for Simons. 2. He may have been working for Simons. 3. He may be retiring next year. 4. He won’t be working now. 5. He’ll have heard it by now. 6. They may have been wondering what to do. 7. He can’t have lost it. 8. They must be waiting. 9. That might be true. 10. She should be home by now. 11. She may have left it at home. 12. I may have been mistaken. 13. You must have been disappointed. 14. She won’t have heard the news yet. 15. There must have been a mistake. 16. He won’t be there. 17. He can’t be there.
18. He couldn’t have made that mistake. 19. Will this be the one you want? 20. You will have been wondering all this time how it works. Ex. 17F 1. may 2. might have 3. may have 4. possibly 5. possible 6. perhaps 7. might 8. can 9. may have had 10. could 11. might be 新编英语语法教程 第 18 讲 练习参考答案 Ex. 18A 1. He is likely to let you down. 2. Our team is certain to win. 3. There appears to be no doubt about it. 4. John happened to be the only witness. 5. I chanced to be out of London at the time. 6. John doesn’t seem to be coming after all. 7. We’re not supposed to play football on Sundays. 8. He is supposed to have arrivedat five. 9. He’s sure to be there. 10. They are certain to need help. 11. I think it’s going to rain this evening. 12. How am I to pay my debts? 13. The new building is going to be six storeys high. 14. You’re not to talk like that. 15. He’s likely to see her. 16. You’ve got to be joking. 17. He tends to be stupid. 18. I fail to see what you mean. 19. We happened to be there. 20. I chanced to meet him in the park. 21. He appeared to enjoy the concert. 22. They seemed not to notice it. 23. The swimmer failed to reach the shore. 24. We were to have been married in May. 25. The purse was not to be found. 26. He was never to see his wife or children again. 27. It’s going to be a long time before we can reduce our prices. 28. John is bound to be in the office. 29. None of us can say what our future is to be. 30. He did not fail to keep his word. Ex. 18B J：Mary has…, but she dose not… D：/ J：I do not… It is… She would…
D：If she does not…she will… J：Yes, I am… D：I should…she would…Are they not… J：….she would… D：…there is… J：…there is not…You would…, would you not? D：I would not…But nobody has… J：You need not…You have got… D：…if I had…, I would… J：….Mary does not… D：Is there not…she will not… J：….she will not… D：…she is J：…If it had…, she would… D：And you are…we cannot… J：I should not…Let us…It is… D：…you are…But it is… Ex. 18C A：I can’t come and I don’t want to come. I don’t like picnics. B：Why don’t you like them? A： I haven’ t the slightest desire to sit on wet grass and eat dry sandwiches. B：You mustn’t be so unsociable. A： I’ m not being unsociable, but I shan’ t ever go on another picnic. B：You aren’t serious, are you? A： Of course I’ m serious. I usedn’ t to like them as a child and I don’ t like them now. Please don’ t ask me again. B：All right, I won’t. But you won’t have anything to do on Sunday? A：That needn’t worry you. I can amuse myself. B：Jane won’t like it, will she? A： She knows I can’ y stand picnics. She won’ t expect me to come. B：Won’t she? A： No. In fact, she mayn’ t go herself. She isn’ t very keen on picnics either. B：I didn’t know that. A：She wouldn’t enjoy herself very much, so it’s really better is she stays at home with me. B：All right. Then we shan’t expect to see either of you on Sundays. Ex. 18D A：If I were you I’d leave as soon as possible. You’
ve a long way to go and it’s a bad road. B：Yes, I’m sure you’re right. I’d have left earlier if I’d been able to. A：They’ll finish repairing the car in half an hour or so. They’ve been working on it all morning. B： I know. They’ ve worked hard. They’ re good chaps, and they’ re doing all they can. It’ s lucky for me you’ ve got such a good garage here. I‘d never get away otherwise. A：No. You’d still be here tomorrow. Ex. 18E(略)