河北省广平一中 2015-2016 学年第二学期高一年级 3 月考试 英语试卷
第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What did Emily buy in the shopping center? A. A coat. 2. Where might Catherine be? A. In her office. B. At home. C. On her way to office. B. A jacket. C. A skirt.
3. Which month do the man’s parents suggest? A. June. B. July. C. August.
4. Where does this conversation take place? A. In a restaurant. B. In the post office. C. In a bank.
5. How much does each T-shirt cost now? A. $25. B. $30. C. $75.
第二节（共 15 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给出的 A、B、C 三个选项种选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题。 ，每小题 5 秒 钟；听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答 6、7 题。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where is the man? A. At the information desk. B. On the York train. C. At the 66th Street stop. 7. Which gate should the man go through? A. No.1. B. No.2. C. No.6.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 10 题。 8. Why does the woman want to exchange the gloves? A. They aren’t the right color. C. They are too small. 9. How did the woman get the gloves? A. She bought them herself. C. She got them as an award. 10. How much more will the woman pay? A. 5 dollars. B. 6 dollars. C. 7 dollars. B. She got them as a gift. B. There’s a hole in them.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至 13 题。 11. Why is the woman pale? A. She ate something bad. B. She has the flu. C. She has a headache.
12. When did Jerry go to the new restaurant? A. Last night. B. Last week. C. Last month.
13. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Friends. B. Doctor and patient. C. Waiter and customer.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至 16 题。 14. Where is the woman now? A. To the left of a river. B. Near some big trees. C. Near a bridge.
15. What should the woman do first? A. Turn around. 16. What will the man do? A. Call the police. B. Pick up the woman. B. Turn left. C. Go straight for half a mile.
C. Wait for the woman outside his house. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What did the speaker’s grandpa do? A. He was a minister of education. C. He was a diplomat. B. He was a minister of agriculture.
18. What is the speaker’s brother’s job? A. A teacher. B. A student. C. An engineer.
19. Why will the speaker go abroad? A. To learn about politics. C. To learn a language. 20. What is the speaker mainly talking about? A. Her goal for the future. C. Her education. 第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中, 选出最佳选项。并在答题 卡上将该选项涂黑． A Think of life as a game in which you are playing with five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit (精神) and you keep all of them in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce (弹跳) back. But the other four balls, family, health, friends and spirit, are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be broken. They will never be the same. You must understand that and try to have balance in your life. How? Don’t look down on your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different and each of us is special. Don’t let other people set goal for you. Only you know what is best for yourself. Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying. Don’t be afraid of difficulties. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave. Don’t shut love out of your life by saying it’s impossible. The quickest way to receive love is to give it; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly (紧紧地); the best way to keep love is to give it wings（翅膀). Don’t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going. B. Her family members. B. To stay with a friend.
Don’t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is a treasure you can always carry easily. Don’t use time or words carelessly. You can’t get them back. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why we call it “the present” . Life is not a competition, but a trip, step by step. 21. The underlined sentence “Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.” means that _______. A. Nothing is possible B. If we don’t give up, there is always hope D. You should learn to give up
C. Although you try, nothing will change.
22. Why can’t we use time carelessly? ___________ A. Because time never returns. C. Because we are too poor. B. Because times will get back. D. Because time is too expensive.
23. If you run through life so fast, you will ____________. A. lose your own treasure that you can always carry easily B. lose love by holding it too tightly C. forget not only where you’ve been, but also where you are going D. not be afraid of the difficulties 24. According to the passage, which is the best title? ___________ A. Nothing is impossible. B. Treat your life in a right way.
C. Things you can’t do. D. Glass balls are easy to be broken. B For 52 years my father got up at 5:30 am every morning, went to work, and returned home at 5:30 pm. I never saw my father stayed home from work ill, nor did I ever see my father lay down to take a nap. He had no hobbies, other than taking care of his family. All he asked from me, his daughter, was to help him while he was repairing something, so we could have some time to talk. For 22 years, after I left home for college, my father called me at 9:00 am every Sunday. Nine years ago when I bought my first house, my father, 67 years old, spent eight hours a day for three days painting my house. He would not allow me to pay someone to have it done. All he asked for was a glass of iced tea. Five years ago, at age 71, my father spent five hours putting together a swing set for my daughter. On the morning of January 16, 1996, my sister telephoned me; my father was in the hospital
with an aneurysm（动脉瘤） in Florida. I got on an airplane immediately, and on the way I realized that I hadn't communicated with him as much as I'd always wanted to. I vowed （发誓） that when I arrived, I would have a long talk with him. I arrived in Florida at 1 am, only to find that my father, at the age of 76, had passed away at 9:12 pm. This time it was he who did not have time to talk, or time to wait for me. 25. From the first paragraph we can infer that the author's father ______. A. was a good driver C. sometimes fell ill B.had no hobbies D. was in good health
26. The underlined phrase "other than" in the first paragraph can be replaced by "______". A. except B. including C. without D. due to
27. According to the last paragraph, we can know that the author's father was born in ______. A. 1916 B. 1918 C. 1920 D. 1922
28. The author wrote the article in order to ______. A. remember her father C. introduce her father B. admire her father D. let her father be known C A car needs gas to run and your body also needs food to work for you. Eating the right kind of food is very important. It can help your body grow strong to take care of what you eat. There are four main food groups altogether. The dairy group has food like milk, cheese and sour milk. The other three groups are the meat and fish group, the fruit and vegetable group, and the bread and rice group. Each meal should have at least one food from all four main groups. With all these food together, you will be given enough energy during the day. It is easy to get into bad eating habits. You may eat your breakfast in a hurry to get to school on time. Or you may not have time for a good lunch. It may seem easy to finish your supper with fish and chips all the time. But you will find yourself tired in these days and you can not think quickly. Watching what you eat will help keep your body healthy and strong. It is also good to take some exercise. It will help you eat more if you take a walk or play games in the open air. Having a good eating habit with some exercise is the key to your health. 29. Which of the following diets do you think is the best one?
A. Eggs, tomatoes and chicken. C. Corn, fish, cream and pork.
B. Milk, bread, cabbages and beef. D. Rice, apples, fish and chicken.
30. Which of the following is a good eating-habit? A. Going to school without any breakfast B. Eating fish and chips for supper all the time.. C. Having at least one kind of food each meal. D. Having different food from all four food groups. 31. In this passage the writer mainly tells us that _____. A. every person needs food to grow well B taking exercise can keep your body strong C. the right kind of food with exercise will keep you healthy D. enough energy helps people think more quickly 32. The underlined word “dairy” in the second passage means _____. A. the food made out of cows such as milk and butter B. the shop that sells milk and butter C. a farm where cows are kept D. a place where milk products are made. D Dear Betty, My roommate’s family wants me to celebrate Thanksgiving Day with them in their home. I accepted the invitation, and I’m excited about going, but I’m a little nervous about it, too. The social customs in my country are different from those here, so I’m a little worried about making mistakes. Should I bring a gift, such as candy or flowers? Should I arrive on time or a little late? At the dinner table, how can I know which fork or knife to use? How can I let the family know that I’m thankful for their kindness? Yours, Knowing Nothing Dear Knowing Nothing, It’s a good idea to bring a gift when you go to a dinner party. Flowers are always welcome, or
you can bring a bottle of wine if you know the family drink it. You should arrive on time or five to ten minutes late. Don’t get there early. If you are going to be more than fifteen minutes late, you should call and tell them. Try to relax at the dinner table. If you don’t know how to use the right fork, knife or spoon, just watch the other guests, and follow them. If you still have no idea of what to do, don’t be shy about asking the person next to you; it’s better to ask them than to be silently uncomfortable and nervous. If you like the food, say so. Of course, you’ll thank the host and hostess for the meal and for their kindness. It’s also a good idea to send a card to thank them the day after. Yours, Betty 33. Knowing Nothing wrote a letter to Betty to _____. A. tell Betty some good news C. answer some questions B. ask for some advice D. invite her to dinner
34. According to Betty, Knowing Nothing ______ when going to a dinner party. A. can only bring some flowers B. can’t bring wine
C. should arrive on time or five to ten minutes late D. should arrive twenty minutes late 35. Betty does NOT advise Knowing Nothing to _____. A. relax at the dinner table C. ask the person beside him B. watch the other guests D. keep silent at table
第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Lazy people will never gain anything in life. However, laziness can be defeated once a few changes have been made in your mind. 36 Many people lack sleep constantly, since they stay up too late and get up too
early to prepare for work. These people have little motivation once they arrive home. Laziness works hand in hand with a lack of motivation and a tendency to put off things. By adjusting your sleep schedule to provide a few more hours of meaningful rest, you can fight laziness throughout
the day. Another way to fight laziness is to change your mind from passive to active. Some people treat their lives as if they were pushed from task to task. Others take a more positive approach, viewing each task as a challenge they must overcome alone. 37
Some people fight laziness by removing the temptations( 诱惑 ) that surround them. A television in the living room may provide entertainment, but watching too much TV often contributes to laziness. 38 Complete a few tasks and reward yourself with what you enjoy,
such as a good dinner or a film. Laziness can also be a lasting problem at home. Couples and children may all have different energy levels, but laziness can be spread if not dealt with immediately. 39 Be the first to
collect and wash dishes after a meal. Others in the home may eventually follow your example and perform their own task. It is difficult to practice laziness when you are surrounded by motivated people. 40 Enough exercise and a balanced diet can help you to develop a healthy lifestyle,
thus enabling you to have more energy and help lift your spirits. A. To fight family laziness, set an example. B. Knowing how to fight laziness is important. C. One way to fight laziness is to get enough sleep. D. Finally, taking exercise regularly can help you fight laziness. E. With strong determination, you will be able to achieve your goal. F. Laziness appears when you no longer feel in charge of your own mind. G. Create a reward system for yourself, just as parents do for a child. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A, B, C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Joy to the World Lights, decorations and Christmas trees filled the stores. Many people were there Christmas was only two days away. Thirteen-year-old Joy had just 42 her Christmas shopping. After Joy went out of the 41
store ,she came across her classmate, Nick, the least
student in school because he wore
strange clothing and he had a face only a mother could love. “What are you doing for Christmas?” said Nick with a smile that showed all his yellow teeth. “I’m buying presents and having dinner with my about you?” “My parents are away,” he said. “I live with my uncle, who doesn’t like me very much.” Joy wasn’t sure how to 45 , so she said goodbye with an awkward smile. She felt sorry . But that wasn’t really her problem. 47 for the holiday. Joy’s parents 48 the house. 44 ,” said Joy, trying to be polite. “What
for Nick since he must feel 46
On Christmas Eve, Joy’s family were busy around
were cooking in the kitchen. Joy was a child for holiday cheer, dancing After dinner, the family got into their car and 49
to church for the Christmas Eve 50 by the flow of beautiful songs.
service. When they walked into the old building, they were A man stood up with Bible and 51
the story Joy had learned on her mother’s knees. It was 52 him.
about a baby named Jesus who came to live on Earth to help people who Joy’s thoughts kept turning back to Nick. It must be 53
to be lonely on Christmas, a day 54 , but she brushed
that celebrated God’s Son coming to Earth. Tears started to run down her them away. Joy lay awake that night 55
everyone else was sleeping like a baby. She was thinking 56 out of bed. She found them 57 today?”
ways to help Nick. As soon as she heard parents get up, she
in the kitchen and told them about Nick. Then she asked, “Can we invite him “Sure,” said her mother, who was always happy when 58
came. Her father smiled. 59 , he
When Joy called Nick later that day, he was excited. After getting his uncle’s joined them for dinner. To her surprise, Joy enjoyed spending time with him. Joy came to understand 41. A. so 42. A. mentioned 43. A. smart 44. A. friends 45. A. remind 46. A. surprised 60
Christmas cheer is a joy to Nick, even to the whole world. C.but C. prepared C. popular C. colleagues C. comment C. lonely D.or D. remembered D. clever D. family D. correct D. guilty
B.because B. finished B. brilliant B. classmates B. respond B. happy
47. A. applying 48. A. beyond 49. A. headed 50. A. surrounded 51. A. wrote 52. A. attended 53. A. normal 54. A. head 55. A. if 56 A. jumped 57. A. over 58. A. relatives 59. A. appreciation 60. A. remembering
B. preparing B. for B. led B. heard B. made B. taught B. joyful B. cheeks B. since B. ran B. up B. guests B. consideration
C. calling C. on C. guided C. sensed C. recorded C. helped C. terrible C. eyes C. while C. kept C. away C. teachers C. punishment
D. paying D. around D. stuck D. introduced D. read D. needed D. delighted D. mouth D. because D. took D. out D. leaders D. permission D. becoming
B. understanding C. sharing
第二节 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Tim: Jeff, do you prefer working in a group or working ___61___? Jeff: I’m good at __62__(work) by myself because if I am doing something I like, I can get it done ___63___( quick). __64__, if I am working with a team where people all want to do a good job, I think __65__ team is fun. Tim: Do you prefer working wearing a uniform or putting whatever you want? Jeff: I think __66__ you wear a uniform, sometimes you get respect. Tim: So, how about a working schedule? Would you prefer a set time job? Jeff: No. I think __67__ is difficult to do a set time job. Last year, I __68__(produce) furniture in a factory. Every morning, I had to get up at six. When I got home after work, it was almost eight. Tim: You __69__ be very tired. By the way, do you prefer being paid by the hour or do you prefer salary? Jeff: I think salary may be a __70__(good) way to go than being paid by the hour. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分）
假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处语言错误,每句中最多有两处,每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧）,并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均限一词。 2. 只允许修改 10 处,多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 I just came back from Britain last week. I was luckily enough to be one of the students from different country to visit the UK from Feb .16 to 28 . We paid a visit to a good many of places , like London ,Oxford or the Lake District . I learned much about British culture and history in London ,where was my favourite . I also liked Oxford , in which I saw much old buildings . The Lake District was beautiful , but it was pity that it rained heavily when they were there . The most excited thing for me in Britain was that I make a lot of friends there . 第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 好的心情可以使我们感到愉快、 幸福。 但是怎样才能保持一个好的心情呢？请你根据以下提 示，以 How to keep a good mood.为题用英语写一篇短文。 1. 保持健康 2. 好好休息 3. 回忆过去令自已高兴的事情 4. 多考虑事情的积极方面 注意：1.词数 100 左右 2.可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。
答案 一．听力 1—5 AACAB 6—10 ABCBA 二．阅读 21-24 BACB 25-28 DACA 29-32 BDCA 33-35 BCD 11—15 ABACA 16—20 CABCA
七选五 36-40 CFGAD 三．完形填空 41—45 BBCDB 46—50 CBDAA 51—55 DDCBC 56—60 AABDC
四．语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 61.alone 62.working 63. quickly 64.However 65.the 66.if 67.it 68.produced 69.must 70.better 五．短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分） 71 luckily --- lucky 74 or ---- and 77 pity 前加 a 72 country ---- countries 75 where ----- which 78 they ---- we 73 去掉 of
76 much ----- many
79 excited ----- exciting 80 make ----made
六．书面表达： One possible version: 参考范文 How to keep a good mood A good mood makes us comfortable and happy. However, it’s not easy to keep a good mood especially when we’re faced with troubles. Then, how can we keep a good mood? To begin with, we should keep healthy. It’s known to us that a weak body always has a negative effect on our mood. Secondly, it’s essential to have a good rest. Rest plays a very important role in maintaining our mental health. Thirdly, it’s beneficial to recall those which make us happy. Memories of those things contribute to a good mood. Lastly, think the positive aspect of everything; don’t live life full of worries. By doing these, we can keep a good mood.