Unit 8 Adventure Ⅰ.Translation PartⅠ. 马可波罗 17 岁随着想跟中国人做生意的父亲游历了欧洲和亚洲，最终来到了元朝皇帝 统治的北京。马可虽然年轻，却会说 4 种语言。 皇帝对他印象很深， 他们成为了朋友。同时， 强大的中国和皇帝的宫殿也给他留下了深刻的印象。 马可还惊讶地看到中国人购买东西时使 用纸币。他也对人们用于燃烧的黑石头感到困惑—他从没见过的煤。34 岁时，马可回到意 大利，一本叫《马可波罗游记》的书出版了。70 岁，马可死了。 PartⅡ 1. The food (一杯热茶)，you relax. 2. If you are (这样的组织). 3. Our parents porters (带着你的行李)，which means that you can (秩序享受这种经历). 4. This hike cost ￡2,500 5. Both teams organized food bases the next year. 6. First, his two sledges ( 坏 了 ) and then the horses began to （包括所有航班和住宿）. （为他的旅行做准备） ( 寻 找 这 样 的 经 历 ) ， Adventure 2000 is (炉子上烧的)smells good and while you are having
___________________________________________(遭受大雾和寒冷的多重困难). 7. Edgar Evans had a terrible disease and ______________________________(摔跤乊后死了). 8. He ________________________the race to the pole,(没赢得) but the extraordinary courage shown by Captain Scott and his men _____________________________(让他们成为英雄).
9. The 700 square mile island _______________________________some of the UK’s most beautiful .wildlife.(家园). 10. The Silk Rode _______________________________________(19 世 纪 得 名 ).When a German geographer identified it as the route ________________________________________(通 过这条道路罗马人从中国得到丝绸). Ⅱ.Vocabulary 1. The ___________________voyage is intended for those who like _________especially for explorers who have fantastic ____________(adventure) in the Arctic. 2. Anyone who will find the poor boy __________in the _____________(desert) should get his _________. 3. The ___________at the meeting held the __________government ____________a to me yesterday .(present) 4. The ____________accident happened near the _______________street built by the __________engineers in the construction company.(主要的) 5. The _______________between cultures __________in countries .(different) 6. The ______________mother is ____________about his son’s health .She is looking at him with ______________(anxious). 7. The _______________is that my wife and I have ______________tastes in music.(similar) 8. The _______________news that he is _____________at snakes ___________us. We looked at him in _______________(amaze) 9. They asked m so many _____________questions ___________me.(confuse) 10. I ____________ to novels because I have__________________ for literature. (prefer) 11. There are so many people that the company put on e__________ buses. 12. You have much o_________ in the matter ,because there are many o________ subjects in the school. 13. The m____________ and m__________ temperature in Xin Yang these days are from 26℃ to 36℃. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. A boy who is filled with a____________ usually works hard. Our school is three miles d___________ from my home. Many new f_____________ are added to the new cellphone. I have no p_____________ to listen to your complaints again. It will cause a lot of problems in our t____________ , if the t________ company t__________ _goods by lorry. 19. He is a quiet man, so I have never o ____________ him do otherwise. 20. They have planted a lot of trees in the area that s_ Ⅲ.Language houses from cold wind.
vt.冒。。 。。乊险 n. 危险，风险
risk doing sth risk it risk sth at the risk of sth at all risks take/run risks/a risk 1) He his life to save the girl from the fallen house. 2) _____________________ being killed, he climbed over the wall. 3) Few people have ever_______________ deep into the forest, for it is extremely dangerous. 4) Without a sure supply of confuse water , farming in that area remains at the________ of the weather. A .disposal B .risk C .cost D. mercy 2.confuse vt. 使 困 惑 confused adj.___________ confusing adj.__________
confusion n._________ 1) we tried to ___________ the enemy by swimming along the river and hiding. 2) Those long personal names have sometimes _________ me. 3) The road signs _________ the driver, for it was the first time that he had come to the town.. 4) The chess player ________ the computer by making some unusual moves halfway through the game. A. conducted B. confused C. conflicted D. convinced 3. seat n.座位 vt 就坐 容纳 seat oneself be seated take a seat= take one’s seat 1) They put down their baskets and __________________ on the ground. 2) I found him __________ in a chair, thinking about something. 3) The great hall can __________ 1,500 people. 4) Will you ___________ this seat, please? 5) She was _________ by the fire, reading a novel. 6) When I came in , I found Lucy ________ by the window______ to music. A. seated, listening B. seated, listened C. seating, listened D. seating, listening 4. in, so The walls were covered _____ gold and silver and the hall was ____ large it could easily seat 6,000 people for dinner. 1) and 连接“ The walls…..” and “the hall……”__________,在前一个分句中，—— in 表 示”用“。 We must write blue ink。 She speaks ____ a loud voice. 状语从句。 意思是 。 large 。
2) 在后一个分句中， so+adj.+(_______)属
His English was ____ limited _____he couldn’t understood what native speaker said. 翻译句字 3)他用美元付款。_____________________________. 4)他用简单的英语讲述他的观点。___________________________________. 5)他那么年轻，你应该原谅他。________________________________________.
5. quality n._________ a large quality of_______ large qualities of_______ in quality/in large quality 1) There is _____rain in the country. 2) _____water have been drunk by him. 3) Large qualities of money ____needed when you want to study abroad. A. have B. are C. is D. has 6. extra adj .____________ extra buses _______ extra charge _______ extra work _______ additional adj._________ extraordinary adj._________ spare adj.________ 1) Two ______men are waiting for dinner. Will the food be enough? 2) Take _______care on the roads this evening. 3) Dinner costs 100 yuan and wine is ______. 4) An ______ change is made for heavy bags. 5) This problem is _________ to my difficult situation. 7. similarity n.类似性 相似性 Be similar to Have similarity with sb./sth. Have….. in common with sb./sth. Similarly adv. Similar adj. 1).The two boys are quite _________ in appearance. 2) She likes bread, cake and other _________foods 3) A cat is similar________ a tiger in many aspects. 4)__________ ___________ mistakes occurs three times in the paragraph.
5)He was late and I __________ was delayed. 6)The music of Berlin is scarcely __________ to that of Beethoven. 8.get across 横过； （使）被理解；被接受 get across sth./sb. get over get through
1）The bridges was destroyed so we couldn’t _____________________________________the river. 2）The frontier is so well guarded that no one can ___________________________________. 3) You can’t ___________ ________________because you speak with such a local dialect. 4) It’s quiet necessary that we _______________this message _____________to voters. 5) The meaning of the sentence certainly ________________ _______________________. 6）用 get 的相关短语填空 a. I find it difficult to __________the American joke ____________to my students. b. He succeed in _________the five boys _________the high wall. c. The actor had to learn to ___________ ____________his fear of the public. d. The boy seemed not to ___________ ___________his disappointment. e. I just can’t _______________ ________________to Tom. The line is always engaged. 9.break down (车、机器)出故障； （计划、谈判等）失败； （身体、精神）崩溃；拆散（机器等） Break out break in break into break through break up 1) We just covered half its distance when our car__________________________ and we had to stop for help. 2) If you continue to work in such a way ,you’ll _________________sooner or later. 3) His plan ____________ ___________when it was put into practice because he had not given enough attention to details. 4) The boy __________________ ____________________the washing machine to see how it was made up of. 5) 用 break 的相关短语填空 a. To understand the complex sentence, you have to __________ it _________into several parts. b. What will happen to their children it Tom and Marry ___________ ___________? c. That night, Johnsons found his house ___________________________________and a lot of things stolen. d. In 2010, the river __________ ______________ its bank and flooded the country for many miles around. 10.run out of 用完；耗尽 run out of sth. run out in the long run use up give out
1) Though they are ___________ _________ __________ /_____________________food and drink, the men are cheerful and confident that they’ll get though soon. 2) Supplies soon ____________________ _______________. 3) Jack _______________ ___________________his last dollar to see the film. 4) There isn’t any more coal; it _______________ ____________________ _______________. 5)完成句子 a. Instead of devoting himself to his studies, he wastes his time __________ ______________ （追求） girs. b. I was wandering through the streets when suddenly I _____________ ____________(遇到) a tailor’s shop. 11. ……many of them thought that Marco’s stories about China were too fantastic to be true.他们中很多 的人都认为马可波罗关于中国的故事太离奇而丌足以为信。 too…to 意思是 等，用于此句型中，too 表示 ，表示否定意义的结构。某些形容词如 happy ,glad, delighted ,willing 。too 前有 never, only, not, 此句型表示肯定意义。
1) The shelf is ____________ weak __________hold all these books. 2) Our head teacher is all _________ satisfied ______________ be praised by the head master. 3) I shall be only ___________ pleased ________________ get home. 4)翻译句子： a. 这双鞋我穿太大了。 ___________________________________________________________________. b. 活到老学到老。 ____________________________________________________________________. c. 我能找到人聊天，太高兴了。 __________________________________________________________________. 5)I am only too glad to see that your spoken English is ______ more fluent than mine. A. fairly B. quite C. too D. rather