第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请认真阅读下面各题，从题中所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上 将该项涂黑。 21. Much to the disappointment of the neighboring countries, the Japanese government refuses to admit ____ crime they did in ___ World War II in the history. A. the; the B./;the C./;/ D. the;/
22. Nowadays, few people form the habit of keeping a supply of candles in the house in case of power_____. A. drop B. failure C. lack D. absence
23. It might rain tomorrow, A. in which case
____ we’ll have to put off the sports meet until next Friday. C. in case D. in case that
B. if possibly
24. When he was a boy , he used to go there and watch ______. A. to repair bikes C. bikes to be repaired B. bikes being repaired D. repairing bikes
25.— She joined a football team last fall and was recently made captain. ----Never ____ she’d ever have that much energy. A.I had thoughtw.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.mB.I would have thought C. could I have thought D. will I have thought
26.— Shall we run around the park or go for a bike ride? ----______ . They are both good activities. A. That’s rightw.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m C. Yes, I like them very much B. It makes no difference to me D. I’d prefer a bike ride
27. You can’t attend the party tonight because it is stormy.______ , you will haven’t got over your high fever. A． Therefore B. However C. Moreover D. Thus
28._____ to their own work, most of the parents spend little time with their children. A. Devoting B. To be devoted C. Having devoted D. Devoted
29. ---- Do you smoke? - ---- ______ .It’s years since I smoked. A. Yes, I do B. No, I don’t C. Not too much D.A lot
30.________ is often the case , he didn’t study hard and failed to pass the test. A. What B. Which C. It D. As
31. During the Beijing Olympic Games, there will also be events ___ in Qingdao, Hong Kong and some
other cities. A. hold B. holding C. to hold D. held
32. Even if you are an experienced teacher , you sometimes _____ make some mistakes. A. can B. must C. should D. will
33.---- Are you ____ me of lying to my parents? ---- I’m sure you did. A. accusing B. scolding C. reminding D. telling
34. Among all the DVDs ______ the Sound of Music, _____ you are looking forward to. A. is included, the one B. are included, that C. includes, the one D. is included, that
35.-----Did Tom_____ you to go there?（原创） ------ Yes, but he didn’t go . A. promise B. advise C. agree D. suggest
第二节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） （选自 07-08 第一学期金陵中学高三英语 期中试卷） 请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。 Learning to Accept I learned how to accept life as it is from my father. 36 , he did not teach me acceptance when he was strong and healthy, but rather when he was 37 and ill. My father was 38 a strong man who loved being active, but a terrible illness 39 all that away. Now he can
no longer walk, and he must sit quietly in a chair all day. Even talking is 40. One night, I went to visit him with my sister, we started 41 about life, and I told them about one of my 42 . I said that we must always give things that after we give something up , we ! What did I
up 43 we grow—our youth, our beauty, our friends ----but it always 44
gain something new in its place. Then suddenly my father 45 up. He said, “But, Peter. I gave up 46
gain?” I thought and thought, but I could not think of anything to say. 47 , he answered his own question : “I 48 the love of my family.” I looked at my sisters, and saw tears in their eyes, along with hope and thankfulness.
I was also 49 by his words. After that ,when I began to feel irritated(愤怒的) at someone, I 50 remember his words and become 51 . If he could replaced his great pain with a feeling of love for others, then I should be to give up my small irritations. In this 53 , I learned the power of acceptance from my father. Sometimes I 54 what other things I could learn from him if I listened more carefully when I was a boy. For now, though, I am grateful for this one 55 . 36.A.Afterwards 37.A.tired B. Therefore B. weak C .However C. poor D. Meanwhile D. slow 52
38.A.already 39.A.took 40.A.impossoble 41.A.worrying 42.A.decisions 43.A.as 44.A.suggests 45.A.spoke 46.A.something 47.A.Surprisingly 48.A.had 49.A.touched 50.A.should 51.A.quiet 52.A.ready 53.A.case 54.A.doubt 55.A.award
B. still B. threw B. difficult B. caring B. experience B. sincew.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m B. promises B. turned B .anything B. Immediately B. accepted B. astonished B. could B. calm B. likely B. form B. wonder B. giftw.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
C. only C. sent C .stressful C .talking C. ambitions C. before C. seems C. summed C. nothing C. Naturally C. gained C. attracted C. would C. relaxed C. free C. method C. know C. lesson
D. once D. put D. hopeless D. asking D. beliefs D. till D. requires D. opened D. everything D. Certainly D. enjoyed D. warned D. might` D. happy D. able D. way D. guess D. word
第三部分：阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A Growing up in Philadelphia, Lieberman started cooking with his stay-at-home dad when he was seven. His food-loving family had two kitchens, and he quickly learned what was the best way to bake his cakes. Lieberman improved his kitchen skills greatly during a year abroad before college, learning from a cook in Italy and studying local specialties(地方特色菜)in Germany, Span and France. At Yale, he was known for throwing dinner parties, single-handedly frying and baking while mixing drinks for dozens of friends. Just for fun, he and some friends decided to tape a show named Campus Cuisine about his cooking. Lieberman was a real college student showing his classmates how to do things like making drinks out of dining-hall fruit. That helped the show become very popular among the students. They would stop Lieberman after classes to ask for his advice on cooking. Tapes of the show were passed around, with which his name went beyond the school and family to the Food Network. Food Network producer Flay hopes the young cook will find a place on the network television. He says Lieberman’s charisma is key . “Food TV isn’t about food anymore,” says Flay. “It’s about your personality(个性) and finding a way to keep people’s eyeballs on your show.’’ But Lieberman isn’t putting all his eggs in one basket. After taping the first season of the new show,
Lieberman was back in his own small kitchen preparing sandwiches. An airline company(航空公司) was looking for someone to come up with a tasteful, inexpensive and easy-to-make menu to serve on its flights. Lieberman got the job. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m 56. The Food Network got to know Lieberman___________________. A. at one of this parties C. through his taped show B. from his teachers D. on a television program.
57. What does the word “charisma” underlined in the text refer to? A. B. C. D. A natural ability to attract others A way to show one’s achievement. Lieberman’s after-class interest. Lieberman’s fine cooking skill.
58. Why did the airline company give Lieberman the job? A. B. C. D. He could prepare meals in a small kitchen. He was famous for his shows on Food TV. He was good at using eggs to make sandwiches. He could cook cheap, delicious and simple meals.
59. What can we learn about Lieberman from the text? A. B. C. D. He is clever but lonely. He is friendly and active He enjoys traveling around. He often changes his menus. B. The market investigation is indispensable to sales promotion. They are closely related as the lips and teeth, so to speak. What you produce is for sale on the market. It would be impossible to succeed in selling a product without first investigating the market.教育城高考网（www.12edu.cn） In the international market, goods on sale coming from different countries and suppliers are always facing keen competition. Under such circumstances, they will try everything possible to familiarize themselves with the market conditions. In making investigations, we ought to get information about what similar items the competitors are offering on the market, what prices they are quoting(报价), what features their products have, who their regular customers are, etc. Then, how can we obtain such information? There are many channels that we can make use of in doing this sort of work. The commercial counselor ’ s(顾问)offices of our embassies stationed abroad can help us in making market investigations. Nowadays, our import and export corporations(公司) send their trade groups abroad every now and then. One of their purposes is to make market surveys on the spot.
Certainly, face-to-face talks with foreign businessmen are also important channels to get market information. The Chinese Export Commodities(货物) Fairs and some other fairs of similar nature as well as visits of foreign businessmen provide us with such opportunities. Of course, there are some other ways of making market investigations. 60. In making market investigation, one should____________________. A. get enough information concerned B. advertise his produce
C. produce high quality goods 教育城高考网（www.12edu.cn）D. none of the above 61. The underlined word “ indispensable” in the first paragraph means_______________. A. impossible B. necessary C. advisable D. available
62. Which of the following statements is NOT true? A. and teeth. B. C. D. It is impossible to succeed in selling a product without market investigation. There are various ways of making market investigation. Production goes before market investigation. The relationship between market investigation and sales promotion is just as that of the lips
63. All the following are channels to get market information except_______________. A. B. C. D. to have commercial counselor ’s office of our embassies stationed abroad. to promote the quality of our own products to send trade groups abroad every now and then to have face-to-face talks with foreign businessmen.
HIGHFIELD COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL SCHOOL REPORT From Teacher: G. Baker Term: Subject English Summer2006 Exam 59 Class work 61 Pupil’s Name: Simon Watkins From: IV B
Comments Simon has reached a satisfactory standard but now needs to apply himself with more determination
Sound work and progress throughout the year. Well done!
A disappointing exam result. He is unable to give attention to this subject for long.
His obvious ability in the subject was not fully reflected in his exam work, but I have high hopes for him nevertheless.
An excellent term’s performance. He goes from strength to strength. A born scientist, I feel.
This time next year he will be taking the “0” exam. He needs to concentrate on the work, not on class conversation.
Clearly he didn’t bother to revise. His general attitude is far too casual.
Weak. It’s time he exercised his body more and his voice less. He should try to work with a team. HEADMASTER I shall be keeping an eye on his progress in his weaker subjects though his success in the science is most pleasing
FROM TEACHER’S REMARKS Basically satisfactory work and progress though he will now have realized, I hope, that in certain subject areas he needs to make speedy improvement
64. According to the comments of the Physical Education teacher, Simon_______________. A. is too talkative in the class B. likes to work with his classmate. C. doesn’t exercise his body at the right time D. become weak because he doesn’t exercise at all 65. Which of Simon’s subjects will attract the headmaster ’s attention in future? A. Biology and Maths.
B. History and French.
C. English and Chemistry
D. Physics and Physical Education
66. Which of the following statements best describes Simon? A. B. C. D. D. Taking care of unsolved issues of the past will free you to move ahead with confidence. The final step toward putting your past behind so that you can reach for what’s possible is tying up your loose ends. Loose ends are the unsolved relationships that keep you from sleeping worry-free at night. You have a loose end if there’s He has made great progress in language classes. His potential has been fully reflected in science classes. His grade in Maths makes him a born scientist. He needs to improve his attitude on certain subjects.
someone you don’t want to run into on a first date or at work. You have a loose end if there’s someone you don’t want to sit next to at a holiday dinner. Loose ends are distracting(转移) and have an amazing way of biting you in the bottom at the worst times.
How to Tie Up Your Loose Ends
1.Identify the five people with whom you have the most unsolved issues. These could be past relationships, employers, business partners, friends, family, or co-workers. 2. Contact each of these five loose ends. Invite each separately to a coffee shop or some other non-threatening, non-alcohol environment. Tell each one that you want to apologize for allowing things to get crossways between you. Some may doubt your intentions, but tell them that you sincerely feel it’s time to clear the air. Ask those who agree to meet to write down any ways they think you wronged them, and you do the same. Tell them to bring this list to your get-together. 3. Show up on time and thank each for forgiving enough to meet with you. Be an adult here-finger pointing only tears people apart. Remember, you experience maybe and most likely is totally different from his. Listen to each issue that each of them raises and try to see it from their perspectives(视角). Don’t interrupt them when they are sharing. Seek to understand why they have bad feelings toward you. Apologize for each thing they think you did to wrong them(even if you don’t completely agree with his view of the situation). After you tie up your first loose end, you’ll want to solve them all. This is hard to explain until you have done it; but once you do, you’ll know what I mean. I learned so much about myself by tying up my loose ends. Most of all, I think this process helped me become a more understanding and patient friend. 67. According to the passage, a “loose end” might be caused by someone____________. A. who keeps you sleeping soundly C. who has different life experiences B. who helps put your past behind D. who prevents you from going forward
68. By telling his own experience in the last paragraph, the author intends to__________. A. learn more about himself B. describe his own personality
C. make his point clearer 教育城高考网（www.12edu.cn）D. tell something hard to explain. 69. The general tone（语气） of the language in the passage is ___________________. A. disappointing B. exciting C. critical D. encouraging
70. The text is mainly written to tell us ________. A. how to free ourselves from unsolved problems B. how to stay away from unsettled problems C. when to make an apology to others
D. why to forgive others who wronged us 第四部分：任务型阅读（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章的表格里填入最恰当的词或短语。 Recently 3 kinds of foods are very popular in the US. Convenience Foods Instead of buying only fresh foods, Americans buy many more convenience foods. These are foods which are ready partly or completely prepared. There are also many canned convenience foods, such as soups and vegetables. Convenience foods save time and trouble. They are popular with people who are busy or who don’t like to cook or wash dishes. But they often cost more money than fresh , unprepared foods and may contain man-made additives. Also they don’t taste as good as home-cooked foods.
In the 1960s, a “back-to-the earth ” movement was started by young people in the US. The movement was a reaction against the harmful effects of technology. Many people now prefer natural and organic foods to the prepared foods sold in food stores.
These days Americans are more and more concerned with their weight. American supermarkets sell a variety of diet foods as diet soft drinks, diet candy, and diet salad dressings. Each year dozens of new diets are popularized. However, some of the diet foods are unbelievable. There are tricks in their advertisements.
Three popular foods in the US
Kinds of foods
People who like the foods
Those who are against the 72_____________ effects of technology.
Those who are more concerned with their 73___________.
71____________. Those who don’t like to cook or wash
Save 74__________ and trouble
Be good for one’s health Unknown
Help people to 75_________weight. 80__________all of the diet foods are believable
Cost more 77_______ May contain78______ additives Not 79_________as good as home-made foods
第五部分：书面表达（满分 25 分） 当前我国政府和人民正努力把我国建设成为一个社会关系和谐的国家。我们高三学生与家庭成员及班 级同学的关系处理总体上是好的，但也存在一些问题，如容易发怒，与同学吵架，不听家长的教育等。 假如我校外教 Andrew 在调查我们高三学生与家庭成员和班级同学，老师之间的关系处理情况。作为 高三学生，请你把以上的情况向 Andrew 反映并提出一些关于如何改进关系的意见。教育城高考网（www.12edu.cn） 要点：1.目前的实际情况：好的方面和不好的方面 2.个人的改进意见（至少两条） 注意：1.开头已给出（不记入总词数） 2. 120-140 个词 Nowadays the government and people of China are trying to build a country with a harmonious relationship. ______________________________________________________
单选: DBABC BCDBD CAAAA 完形:CBDAB 阅读:CADB CDACA DACAC ABDB ABD BDDBB 71.busy 72.harmful 79.taste 73.weight 80.Not 74.time 75.;lose
书面表达: Nowadays the government and people of China are trying to build a country with a harmonious relationship. Generally speaking, the relationship between us students and classmates as well as teachers is good. However, there exist some problems: some students in our grade easily lose their temper because of anxiety and study burden. What's worse, they sometimes quarrel with others, and even turn a deaf ear to their parents and teachers, which is very disappointing.
In my opinion, we middle school students should make effort to improve the situation. First, we should respect our parents and teachers as well as classmates. Second, when we are not feeling good or happy, we can chat with our friends or even parents. It is likely that they can understand us better and give us some reasonable advice. Third, after a day's hard work, we can relax by exercising , such as playing basketball, table tennis and so on.