于都三中 2015--2016 学年度高二下学期第四次月考英语卷
本试卷分为第Ⅰ卷和第Ⅱ卷两部分，满分 150 分。考试用时 120 分钟。 第 I 卷(共 115 分) 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the woman ask the man to do? A. Try on the new T-shirt. T-shirt. 2. When will the film begin? A. At 6:30. 3. How will the man get to Chicago? A. By car. 4. Where is the shoe shop? A. On the west side of the shopping center. B. Opposite the shopping center. A. A nurse. teacher. 第二节(共 15 小题;每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、[来源:学科网Z-XK]B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟; 听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. Why does the man prefer cycling? A. It’s quite and relaxing. C. He is fond of seeing the country. 7. Which two sports does the man like best? A. Jogging and basketball. C. Table tennis and cycling. 8. When does the man usually play table tennis? A. In winter. summer. 听第 7 段材料， ，回答第 9 至 11 题。
B. Buy her a T-shirt.
C. Wash his
B. At 7:00. B. By bus.
C. At 7:30. C. By plane.
C. Near the cafeteria. B. An artist. C. A
5. What did the woman want to be when she was young?
B. He can do it with his friends.
B. Swimming and football
B. In spring.
9. Where did the boy go yesterday? A. To the tailor’s. A. Study in his dorm. C. Have an exam. 11. What do we know about the boy’s trousers? A. They were broken. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. A dress. A. Husband and wife. C. Barber and customer. 14. What do we know about the woman? A. She can’t stand the man. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. What are the speakers complaining about? A. Rude behaviors. C. Services on the subway. 16. What happened to the man just now? A. He didn’t get a seat on the subway. B. He didn’t move his way off on the subway. C. He was almost pushed out of the lift. 17. How did the woman react to people rushing to get seats? A. She argued with them. C. She did nothing. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。[来源:学科网Z-XK] 18. What is the weather like in Mexico in January? A. Too hot. 19. What can people do in Mexico? A. Appreciate historic museums. C. Go to the coast. 20. What does the speaker advise people to buy in Mexico? A. Salt. B. Fruit. C. Wine. B. Visit night markets. B. Comfortable. C. Too cold. B. She gave way to them. B. The crowded subway. B. She has always trusted the man. C. She cares much about the man’s opinion. B. A haircut. C. The woman. 13. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? B. Interviewer and interviewee. B. They were bought four years ago. C. They were his favorite birthday presents.[来源:学+科网ZXK] B. To a library. C. To a supermarket. 10. What will the boy do tomorrow? B. Buy a present for his father.
第二部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题） ；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D） ，选出最佳选项。 A There was once a group of monks(和尚) who went to Australia to spread Buddhism. Everything had to be started from the beginning. After buying a plot of land, they bought bricks, construction materials and with their own hands, they started to build a temple. A young monk took charge of building the brick wall. He took great care in laying [来源:学科网]the bricks, ensuring that they were leveled. His progress was slow, due to the great care in his work, but he wasn’t bothered,. Finally, when he completed the wall, something caught his eye and made him angry. Despite the great care he took in his work, he had overlooked two bricks that were laid slanted(倾斜). Because of that, whenever visitors came to the temple, the young monk would show them around to all places, except the brick wall that he had built. One day, two elderly monks came to the temple. No matter how the young monk tried to bypass the brick wall, the old monks insisted on touring the area around that brick wall. Unwillingly, the young monk brought the elders to the brick wall. “Oh, this is such a beautiful brick wall,” one of the elderly monks said. “Sir, are you sure? Haven’t you seen the two ugly bricks that are slanted in the middle of the wall?” the young monk asked in surprise. “Yes, I have.” replied the elderly monk. “But I also saw the remaining 98 good bricks that made this a beautiful wall!” You see, most of the time, we focus on things that went wrong or didn’t live to our expectations. However, we’ve forgotten the fact that they are only two bad bricks in the wall and we should not overlook the beauty of the remaining 98 bricks. 21. What lesson can we learn from the story? A. Grasp all, lose all. spilt milk.[来源:学*科网] C. Don’t miss the forest for the trees. D. No sweat, no sweet. B. It is no use crying over
22. Which of the following words can best describe the young monk when he built the brick wall? A. Careful and patient. B. Lazy and careless.
C. Hard-working but impatient.
D. Upset and worried.
23. What did the elderly monk think of the wall built by the young monk? A. He thought it was not firm. C. He thought it was ugly. B The well-known adventurer and explorer Steve Fossett was famous for extraordinary efforts in setting world records in flying, ballooning and sailing. He set or broke over 100 records in five different sports. Many of these records still hold. Steve Fossett was born in 1944 in Jackson, Tennessee. At twelve, he climbed his first mountain, and he kept going by choosing bigger and bigger goals. During his life, Fossett climbed the highest mountain on every continent except Mount Everest. Also in 1985, he became the 270 person to swim across the English Channel. In 1991 Fossett decided to pursue the highest goals in ballooning and sailing. Steve Fossett attempted the hot-air balloon trip around the world six times. This was not [来源:学*科网]easy to do. During his fourth attempt in 1998, he was almost killed during a thunderstorm off the coast of Australia. Fossett successfully made the trip in 2002. He traveled over 33,000 kilometers for over 14 days. On this fight, Fosstt set other records including a speed record of 322 kilometers per hour. Many of Steve Fossett’s most extraordinary adventures were as a pilot. In 2005, he became the first person to fly a plane alone around the world without stopping for fuel. In 2006, Fossett and another pilot set an altitude record for flying a glider( 滑翔机), a plane with no engine. They flew the glider into the Earth’s stratosphere(平流层) at a height of over 15,000 meters. Steve Fossett once said that he did not like risks. He knew this might sound strange considering his activities. But he said what he tried to do was reduce risk with careful planning, technological development and the help of the best scientists and other experts. Yet, no amount of planning can prevent the possibility of risk in life. In September of 2007, during a short-distance flight, his plane disappeared. At last, in February of 2008, a judge in Chicago declared Steve Fossett legally dead. He was sixty-three years old. 24. Which shows the correct order of the following events? a. Steve Fossett climbed his first mountain. b. Steve Fossett made the hot-air balloon trip around the world successfully. c. Steve Fossett became the 270th person to swim across the English Channel. d. Steve Fossett became the first person to fly a plane around the world alone [来源:学.科网ZXK]without stopping for fuel.
B. He thought highly of it. D. He thought it was slanted.
A. a, b, c, d b, d, a, c
B. a, c, b, d
C. b, c, a, d
25. What can we learn from the last paragraph? A. Risks can be avoided with careful planning. B. One cannot avoid risks even with careful planning. C. Nobody can be successful without taking a few risks. D. Planning is very important when one makes explorations. 26. Which word can best describe Steve Fossett? A. Unfortunate B. Proud C. Honest D. Brave 27. What’s the best title for the passage? A. Steve Fossett---a Great World Recorder Holder B. World records set by Steve Fossett C. 63-year-old Steve Fossett Passed Away D. a famous adventurer---Steve Fossett C Q: Dear Dr. Wood, My husband and I are facing a dilemma, namely, the issue of whether to have a second child---we already have one healthy, happy five-year-old daughter. Both of us have demanding jobs, and limited time and financial resources, but we’re also very keen to make sure that our only child does not become a lonely child. So, what are the pros and cons(利弊) of having a second child?[来源:Z-xk.Com] A: Dear Andrea, This is one of the most difficult issues that parents nowadays face. As you point out, a concern that is often heard with regard to only children is whether one child necessarily means a lonely child. Many parents of only children feel a stigma(耻 辱) associated with their decision to have only one child. There are no other children in the family for the child to associate with, and this may lead to the child feeling lonely at times, especially during vacations. Another common argument against having just one child is that an only child may be more spoiled than one with siblings. Many people believe that a single child will not have learned to negotiate with others, and respect the give-and-take involved in many relationships. Some think this may leave the child less capable of interacting well with people his or her own age than one who has been raised with siblings. Advocates of single-child families argue that there are advantages for the child as well as the parents. With just one child, they suggest, there is less potential for family arguments arising from favoritism or sibling jealousy. Moreover, with only one child, the parents can give, and the child can receive, more quality time and attention. This often leads to increased self-esteem, which combined with increased independence, can lead to the child being more confident. Unfortunately,
Andre, there is no simple answer to the question of whether or not to have a second child. The circumstances affecting each set of parents are unique, and what [来源:学+科 网Z+XK]is appropriate for one family may not be for another. The important thing, in the end, is to make a decision that both you and your husband feel confident about. 28. The underlined word “siblings” in Paragraph 3 refers to___________. A. friends and partners C. classmates and teachers A. An only child may be spoiled. B. An only child may lack the ability to negotiate with others. C. An only child may feel lonely. D. An only child may not respect the give-and-take. 30.What can you infer from the passage? A. Dr. Wood doesn’t think that an only child will feel lonely. B. Andrea wanted to have a second child though her family was poor. C. An only child may not need to deal with the problem favoritism. D. Parents having an only child will feel lonely during vacations. 31. In which section will this passage appear? A. family B. medicine D In modern society there is a great deal of argument about competition. Some value it highly, believing that it is responsible for social progress and prosperity. Others say that competition is bad; that it sets one person against another; that it [来源:学+科网ZXK]leads to unfriendly relationship between people. I have taught many children who held the belief that their self-worth relied on how well they performed at tennis and other skills. For them, playing well and winning are often life?and?death affairs. In their single?minded pursuit of success, the development of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten. However, while some seem to be lost in the desire to succeed, others take an opposite attitude. In a culture which values only the winner and pays no attention to the ordinary players, they strongly blame competition. Among the most opinions are youngsters who have suffered under competitive pressures from their parents or society. Teaching these young people, I often observe in them a desire to fail. They seem to seek failure by not trying to win or achieve success. By not trying, they always have an excuse: “I may have lost, but it doesn’t matter because I really didn’t try.” What is not usually admitted by themselves is the belief that if they had really tried and lost, that would mean a lot. Such a loss would be a measure of their worth. Clearly, this belief is the same as that of the true competitors who try to prove themselves. Both are based on the mistaken belief that one’s C. life D. readers’ letter B. brothers and sisters D. parents and relatives
29. Which one is NOT the reason why some people are against having one child?
self?respect relies on how well one performs in comparison with others. Both are afraid of not being valued. Only as this basic and often troublesome fear begins to fade away can we discover a new meaning in competition. 32. What does this passage mainly talk about? A. Opinions about competition are different among people. B. Failures are necessary experiences in competition.[来源:学*科网] C. Competition is harmful to personal quality development. D. Competition helps to set up self-respect. 33. Why do some people favor competition according to the passage? A. It builds up a sense of duty. efforts. C. It improves personal abilities. to fail”? A. One’s success is based on how hard he has tried. B. One’s worth lies in his performance compared with others’. C. One’s achievement is determined by his particular skills. D. One’s success in competition needs great efforts. 35. Which point of view may the author agree to? A. Every effort should be paid back. B. Fear of failure should be removed in competition. C. Competition should be encouraged. D. Winning should be a life?and?death matter. 第二节 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分共 10 分) 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余 选项。 Your goal is to organize your life in such a way that you enjoy a good income, a high standard of living, and that you are the master of your life rather than a [来源:学科网]victim of the changing economic times. Then, __ 36___! The following tips may help you. 37 . To show your value and earn more money, you have to increase your contribution to the career. If you want to get a new job, you have to find a way to contribute value to that career. If you want any kind of job security, you must continually work at maintaining and increasing your value by more contribution in the competitive marketplace. Your education, knowledge, skills and experience all are investments in your ability to contribute a value for which you can be paid. But like any other investments, they are risky. Once you have learned a subject or developed a skill, D. It pushes society forward. 34. What is the similar belief of the true competitors and those with a “desire B. It encourages individual
it is a sunk cost( 已支付成本 ).
No employer in the marketplace has any
obligation(义务) to pay you for it, unless he can use your skill to produce a product or service that people are ready to buy. Therefore, improve yourself and build your value on your ability. Today, there’s large unemployment in society. However, 39 . They are smart, capable and flexible. They know how to make proper changes based on their own value. Are you dissatisfied with the present work situation? Then try their methods: change the work that you are offering to do, that you are asking for your service. A. Change the place where you are offering to work. B. Whatever job you are doing, you should be preparing for your next one. C. Increase your value.[来源:Z-xk.Com] D. Your job is an opportunity to contribute a value. E. If you want to increase your value, never be without job. F. There are always jobs for creative people. G. It’s time and money spent that you cannot get back. 第三部分 英语知识应用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空 (共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项。 I remember deciding to train for the Olympics less than six months into my rowing career as a college freshman. That was 41 in 1976 when two of my teammates were training for Olympics, the first time women’s rowing was 42 in the Games. “If they can do it, I can do it.” I 43 . That was the beginning of my dream. of my sport. I was 44 to sports, small for a rower. My college coach told me I would never 45 an Olympic team. I also had no idea what was needed to reach the 46 Ignorance is truly bliss(幸福) sometimes. But I really had a 47 race we entered. time with my college crew. We, the four girls, pushed and encouraged each other 48 and over our four years together won nearly every 49 , my efforts to make the national team were 50 time after 52 : stop or keep going.[来源:学.科网ZXK] me to stop wasting my time and time. Starting at the end of my second year, I 51 for the U.S. team 3 years in a row without success. I had to After not making the national team my father 53 40 , or change the amount
move on with my life. It was time to grow up and bear my adult 54 as I was graduating from college. I promised him I’d quit but I kept training; I 55 to my father. Despite these obstacles, my 56 had hold of me. I wanted what I wanted, realistic or not, good enough or not. I 57 going. I had a different vision of the future than the rest of the world, or at least the 58 that knew what I was attempting.
I was not going to stop dreaming 59 my dreams got dashed(毁灭) in the dust or a miracle occurred. It took me five more years to compete in the 1984 Olympics. Luckily, I first made the team in 1980. It was 60 living through all those worst moments. I wouldn’t have gotten there without them. 41. A. beyond 42. A. included persevered 43. A. doubted 44. A. familiar 45. A. run 46. A. peak 47. A. hard 48. A. constantly occasionally 49. A. Besides Therefore 50. A. in need in vain 51. A. gave out 52. A. admit announce 53. A. required 54. A. burden freedom 55. A. turned responded 56. A. fate 57. A. kept 58. A. risk 59. A. because 60. A. pointless sorry B. dream B. started B. loss B. as long as B. sorry C. education C. stopped C. power C. until C. worth D. chance D. resisted D. part D. as if D. B. submitted C. lied D. B. allowed B. weight C. persuaded C. responsibility D. helped D. B. tested out B. choose C. made up C. compare D. tried out D. B. in effect C. in return D. B. However C. Otherwise D. B. wondered B. sensitive B. make B. bottom B. unique B. extremely C. thought C. close C. develop C. degree C. great C. entirely D. D. reminded D. new D. understand D. edge D. busy[来源:Z-xk.Com] B. back B. reported C. outside C. recorded D. about D.
第 II 卷 第二节 语法填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料， 在空白处填入适当的内容 （不多于 1 个单词） 或括号内单词的正确形式。 The stars did not disappoint. And the most-celebrated closing night in NBA regular-season history not only lived up to 61 (expect), it might have provided them with a pair of performances
that 62 (talk) about for years to come. Golden state became the first team 63 (win) 73 games in a season. Kobe
Bryant’s career with the Los Angeles Lakers ended in most 64 (surprise) fashion ---a 60-point game, the first time he’s gotten to that height since 2009. “I think this has been an amazing day for 65 (sport) fans, basketball fans in particular,” Bryant said as he wore his Laker’s uniform about an hour 66 the
game, not quite willing to take 67 off for the final time. “It’s been a great day with them setting such a(n) 68 (believe) record---you think about that, 73 wins, that’s ridiculous. And then 69 (obvious) what happened here tonight,
it’s been a great night in basketball history. The night was over. The playoffs(季后赛) await for the Warriors, 70 not Bryant.
His career is done, and his last act on the floor at Staples Center was a two-word farewell to Lakers fans: “Mamba out”.[来源:学科网Z-XK] 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错 (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中 共 有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：把缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 1. 每处错误及其修改仅限一词。 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 My father is a farmer who have been growing rice since he was a teenager. Because hard work, he looks a little older than his actual age. With his sun burning face and rough hands, my father is just one of billion of common farmers in China. He is not a talkative person or good at expressing him. But he always takes good care of the family in his own way, what makes me grow up in a happy family. He doesn’t
get much education, but now he knows the importance of knowledge. And he tries his best to offer me the good conditions for learning. My father is the most handsome and great man in my mind.
第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分)[来源:学科网] 假设你是李华， 明年将要参加高考， 对于专业选择与父母的意见各不相同， 对此很困惑。 请你根据一下提示， 用英语给你的英国笔友 David 发一封邮件， 谈谈关于你的专业选择问题。 1.父母的想法; 要求： 1. 词数 100 左右；可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 2. 信的格式和开头已给出，不计入总词数。 Dear David, I am at a loss nowadays because my parents have different opinions about choosing my major in college. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ____ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ___ Yours, Li Hua[来源:学*科网] 2. 你的意愿; 3. 向 David 寻求建议。
英语答案 听力 1—5 ACBCA 阅读理解
21---23CAB 24—27 BBDA 完形填空 41---45 BACDB 语法填空 61. expectations sports 66. after 70. but 改错
28---31 BCCD 32---35 ADBB 36---40 CDGFA
51---55 DBACC 56—60 BADCC
62. will be talked
63. to win
My father is a farmer who have been growing rice since he was a teenager. Because∧ hard work, he has of looks a little older than his actual age. With his sun burning face and rough hands, [来源:学.科网ZXK]my father is just burnt one of billion of common farmers in China. He is not a talkative person or good at expressing him. But billions himself he always takes good care of the family in his own way, what makes me grow up in a happy family. He which doesn’t get much education, but now he knows the importance of knowledge. And he tries his best to didn’t So offer me the good conditions for learning. My father is the most handsome and great man in my mind. greatest Dear David, I am at a loss nowadays because my parents have different opinions about choosing my major in college. My father thinks I should major in finance for the reason that he feels it will prepare me for a career in the world of business. However, my mother suggests me choosing law as my major because she thinks that our society is in great need of skilled workers and experts in law so that I can find a good job after graduation. [来源:Z-xk.Com]Despite their opinions, I want to learn a foreign language because languages are what I am interested in and good at. I know it would be a waste if I don’t make full use of my talent for languages.
What should I do? I am looking forward to your advice. Yours, Li Hua