Unit 10 Lesson 38 Hiking
1. Can you guess where the singer’s home is? What about you? where were you born ?
2. Do you like living in the country ?
fresh air; beautiful view;
quiet; free; relaxing; get close to nature
3. What do you think hiking is ?
traveling on foot; walking as a recreational activity and sport; a natural exercise that promotes physical fitness;
simply ['simpli] activity [?k'tiviti]
adv. 简单地 n. 活动
basic ['beisik] equipment [i'kwipm?nt]
adj. 基本的 n. 装备，设备
spider ['spaid?] protect [pr?'tekt]
n. 蜘蛛 v. 保护
get close to
Scanning Why do people travel ?
see beautiful places; meet friends; try food; experience life;
get away from cold weather;
look for an unusual experience (adventure travel)
in the mountains, in a forest, along a river, in the country
good shoes, clothes, map, water, hat, Equipment etc.
Cost Possible dangers
not very expensive (inexpensive) getting lost, hunger and thirsty, animals and plants (poisonous), sunburn
1. Where are you going on your holiday? How are you getting there? 2. Will you go hiking? Why or why not?
1. Read the text again after class.
2. Finish the exercises of L38 on your workbook.