一、单项埴空(共 L‘小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 请从 A、B、c、D 四个选项中，选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项，井在答属卡上将 该选项的 标号涂黑。例:A computer can only do __ you have instructed it to do. A. how 答案是 C。 I. A smile costs ____ . but gives much. A. anything C. nothing B. something D. everything B. after C. what D. when
2. -- Why not stay here a little longer? -- ____. but I really have to go. A. Never mind C. Pleased to meet you B. I'd love to D. I can't find any reason
3. I've ordered some pizza, so we ____ worry about cooking when we get home tired. A. can't C, needn't B. dare not D. may not
4. You'd better write down her phone number before you ____ it. A. forget c. forgot B. are forgetting D. will forget
5. The producer comes regularly to collect the cameras_____ to our shop for quality problems. A. returning C. to return B. returned D. to be returned
6. I can't tell you __ way to the Wilson's because we don't have ___ Wilson here in the village.
考单招上高职单招网---A. the; a C. a: the
B. a; /
D. the; /
7. She drove so fast at the turn that the car almost went ____ the road. A. on C. from, B. along D. off
8. James has just arrived, but I didn't know he ____ until yesterday. A. will come C. had come 8. was coming D. came
9. We'll reach the sales targets in a month _____ we set at the beginning of the year. A. which C. when B. where D. what
10. -- I spent two weeks in London last summer. -- Then you must have visited the British Museum during your stay, ____ you? A. mustn't C. didn't B. haven't D. hadn't
11. Group activities will be organized after class __ children develop team spirit. A. helping C. helped B, having helped D. to help
12. -- Is it true that Mike refused an offer from Yale University yesterday? -- Yeah, but I have no idea ____ he did it; that's one of his favorite universities. A. when C. that B, why D. haw
13. It was John who broke the window. Why are you talking to me as if I____ it? A. had done C. did B. have done D. am doing
14. Half an hour later, Lucy still couldn't get a taxi __ the bus had dropped her. A. until B. when
考单招上高职单招网---C. although D. where
15. -- Jack, I'd like to have your opinions about my written report. -- ____ . But I have one suggestion. A. That's a good idea C. it looks fine to me B. You are modest D. You shouldcheck it first
二、完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 请阅读下面两篇短文，掌握大意，然后从 16—35 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、 C 和 D)中， 选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项的标号涂黑。 A Five months after my husband Steve died. I woke up one morning to the maddening sound of a leaking faucet ( 水龙头 ). I knew it needed repairs badly, but it 16 me so much just to think of it. All our 17 life. I was the "artist," bringing to our house much imagination. Steve was the" 18 " one. He had a real gift for handling chores (家务活). 19 me from unpleasant repair jobs. But how could such a good man have his life cut short so suddenly ! I had been so sad and angry that I completely 20 the house. That leaky faucet somehow awakened me to the fact that I now had to 21 the challenge of getting things fixed. I got a workman named Ahmed. Entering the house, he stopped before a picture of Steve and me. "Doesn't your husband 22 this kind of work?" he asked. "It's not hard." "He died months ago. When he was alive, he did all the repair jobs 23 ," I said quietly. Ahmed looked at me 24 . but didn't reply. He fixed the faucet, adjusted the dishwasher door, and replaced a showerhead. Apparently he was gifted as Steve had been. He did a(n) 25 job. I asked him to name his fee. "No charge, Ma'am." he said. "My father died early, and the neighbors helped my family through." By fixing a faucet, Ahmed mended my soul. Although I would sure carry the pain of 26 with me along, Ahmed reminded me of the abundant 27 in the world. 16. A. hurt B. puzzled C. cost D. disappointed
考单招上高职单招网---17. A. separate 18. A. active 19. A. attracting 20. A. ignored B. shared B. baring B. sheltering B. hated
C. spiritual C. careless C. driving C. cleaned D. social D. practical D. prohibiting D. missed
21. A. come up with B. face up to 22. A. begin 23. A. gratefully 24. A. strangely 25. A. terrible 26. A. loss B. check B. firmly B. innocently B. excellent B. failure
C. look forward to D. step away from D. find D. wonderfully D. sympathetically D. dangerous
C. like C. bravely
C. painfully C. important C. fear C. kindness B
D. regret D. justice
27. A. friendship B. devotion
Cultural difference occur wherever you go. When visiting another country you should be aware of those differences and 28 them. Here aresome 29 on how to fit in. Every traveler to a foreign country feels 30 at some point. What you do can make locals laugh. Your best defense is a sense of 31 . If you can laugh off eating with the wrong hand inIndia, locals will warm to you as "that crazy foreigner." Wearing proper clothes is important too . 32 locals will judge you by what you wear. Insome Middle Eastern countries, exposing your flesh is 33 , especially if you are a woman . Soleave your torn jeans at home. Also be cautious about expressing 34 . Getting angry in Southeast Asia just makes you looksilly. In some countries it is 35 to kiss in public. 28. A. reject 29. A. plans 30. A. unsafe 3l. A. relief 32. A. but 33. A. forbidden 34. A. emotions B. recite B. tips B. excited B. belonging B. for B. allowed B. concern C. respect C. arguments C. satisfied C. humor C.so D.or C. expected C. interest D. tolerated D. views D. remove. D. choices D. awkward D. direction
考单招上高职单招网---35. A. natural B. advisable
C. unwise D. unnecessary
三、阅读理解(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分奶分) 请阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、c 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该选项的标号涂黑。 A I was never very neat, while my roommate Kate was extremely organized. Each of her objects had its place, but mine always hid somewhere. She even labeled (贴标签 ) everything. I always. looked for everything. Over time, Kate got nearer and I got messier. She would push my dirtyclothing over, and I would lay my books on her tidy desk. We both got tired of each other. War broke out one evening. Kate came into the room. ,Soon, I heard her screaming, "Takeyour shoes away! Why under my bed!" Deafened, I saw my shoes flying at me. I jumped to my feetand started yelling. She yelled back louder. The room was filled with anger. We could not have stayed together for a single minute but for aphone call. Kate answered it. From her end of the conversation, I could tell right away her grandma was seriously ill. When she hung up, she quickly crawled (爬 ) under her covers, sobbing. Obviously, that was something she should not go through phone. All of a sudden ,a warm feeling ofsympathy rose up in my heart, Slowly, I collected the pencils, took back the books,made my bed, cleaned the socks and swept the floor, even on her side. I got so into my work that I even didn't noticed Kate had sat up. She was watching, her tears dried and her expression one of disbelief. Then, she reached out her hands to grasp mine. I looked up into her eyes. She smiled at me. "Thanks." Kate and I stayed roommates for the rest of the year. We didn't always agree, but we learned the key to living together: giving in. cleaning up and holding on. 36. What made Kate angry one evening? A. She couldn't find her books. B. She heard the author shouting loud. C, She got the news that her grandma was ill. D. She saw the author's shoes beneath her bed. 37. The author tidied up the room most probably because___.
A. she was scared by Kate's anger B. she hated herself for being so messy C. she wanted to show her care D. she was asked by Kate to do so 38. How is Paragraph I mainly developed? A. By analyzing causes. B. By showing differences. C. By describing a process. D. By following time order. 39. What might be the best title for the story? A. My Friend Kate B. Hard Work Pays Off C. How to Be Organized D. Learning to Be Roommates B There have always been a lot of commonly believed but false ideas about being fat and doingexercise.Some people believe that they can't help putting an weight as they get older, while othershold that if they stop exercising, their muscles will turn into fat. Here are some more myths I’ll never lose weight--I come from a fat family Wrong! While we can't change the body type we are born with, we can't blame our genes for makingus fat. There's plenty of evidence that fatness runs in families, and the main reason is that theyshare the same habit of eating too much and exercise too little. I am fat because I burn calories slowly Wrong! Fatness is not caused by a slow metabolism(新陈代谢). In fact, although fat people consume more energy than slim people, they also fail to realize how much they eat] Keeping a diarycan help you work out your daily food intake mom accurately. Exercise is boring
Wrong! Anything will become boring ifyou do it repetitively. The key is to develop a balanced and varied program that's fun as well as progressive. If you enjoy a Sunday walk, take a different mute. If you do yoga, try a tai chi class. If you like swiping, set yourself a distance or time challenge. No pain, no gain Wrong! Exercise is not meant to hurt. Indeed, pain is you body telling you something's wrong, andcontinuing to exercise could lead to serious injury. You may experience mild discomfort as you beginto exercise regularly, but this is your body adapting to the positive changes in your lifestyle and theaches should disappear relatively quickly. If they don't, rest and seek medical advice. 40. What does the author think about being fat? A. It is the family genes that make people fat. B. People are fat because they consume too little energy. C. A diary of exercise can prevent people from becoming fat. D. It is the consequence of people's unbalanced lifestyle. 41. According to the author, how can we make exercise mom interesting? A. By taking varied exercise. B. By choosing simple exercise. C. By doing regular exercise. D. By sticking to outdoor exercise. 42. What is the author's opinion about "No pain, no gain" in exercising? A. Keeping lit is essentially a painful experience. B. Exercise should be stopped if continuous pain is felt. C. Pain in exercise is a precondition for reaching your goal. D. Getting used to pain leads to positive changes in your body. 43. What is the purpose of the passage? A. To declare the importance of keeping lit. B. To clarify some misconceptions about fatness and exercise.
C. To confirm what has long been believed about keeping fit. D. To explain some medical facts about being fat and doing exercise. C The idea of being able to walk on water has long interested humans greatly. Sadly, biologicalfacts prevent us ever accomplishing such a thing without artificial aid--we simply weigh too much, and all our mm pushes down through our relatively small feet, resulting in a lot of pressure thatmakes us sink. However, several types of animals can walk on water. One of the most interesting is the common basilisk Basilicus basilicus, a lizard (蜥蜴) native to Central and South America. It can run across water for a distance of several meters, avoiding getting wet by rapidly hitting the water'ssurface with its feet. The lizard will take as many as 20 steps per second to keep moving forward. For humans to do this, we'd need huge feet that we could bring up to our ears in order to create adequate "hitting. “ But fortunately there is an alternative: cornflour. By adding enough of this common thickeningagent to water (and it does take a lot), you can create a "nonNewtonian" liquid that doesn't behave like normal water. Now, if the surface of the water is hit hard enough, particles(微粒) in the water group together for a moment to make the surface hard. Move quickly enough and put enough force intoeach step, and you really can walk across the surface of an adequately thick liquid of cornflour. Fun though all this may sound, it's still rather messy md better mad about in theory than carriedout in practice, if you must do it, then keep the water wings handy in case you start to sink--and takea shower afterward! 44. Walking on water hasn't become a reality mainly because humans __ A. are not interested in it B. have biological limitations C. have not invented proper tools D. are afraid to make an attempt 45. What do we know about Basiilius basilicus from the passage? A. It is light enough to walk on water. B. Its huge feet enable it to stay above water. C. It can run across water at a certain speed. D. Its unique skin keeps it from getting wet in watch
考单招上高职单招网---A. To create a thick liquid. B. To turn the water into solid.
46, What is the function of the cornflour according to the passage?
C. To help the liquid behave normally. D. To enable the water to rove rapidly. 47. What is the author's attitude toward the idea of humans' walking on water? A, It is risky but beneficial. Il. It is interesting and worth trying. C. It is crazy md cannot become a reality. D. It is impractical thigh theoretically possible. D One moment it was quiet and calm in the forest, the next, the air was charged with tension. Theelephant had heard the distant alarm calls of animals and her mood suddenly changed. I urged theelephant deeper into the forest. We sounded like a forest fire-crackling, snapping, trailblazing. Butthrough all the noise came a sharp wanting cry. The elephant stopped and we heard it again—thetell-tale call of a spotted deer. I looked quickly mound the shadows of the forest. Rays of sunlight shone through tree branches, beneath which the patchwork (交错) of green plants and shadow-within-shadows would make tiger stripes (条纹) look more attractive. Apart from an occasional noise from the elephant's stomach, the forest wins silent. Gradually, the tension slipped from our bodies. The elephant seized a nearby branch and put itinto her mouth. I roached forward and gently moved my hand over the elephant's neck; there was asoft part, free of wrinkles and hairs, behind her ear. This was my fourth time to sense the aura of the forest in Corbett, although I saw no tigers in theend. Located at the foot of the Himalayan mountains, Corbett is home to about 135 Bengal tigers, but the forest seemed to be guarding their whereabouts( 出没处), a silent reminder of their secrecy and rarity. Still, I was happy enough touching the elephant behind the ear. If I had so desperately wantedto see a tiger, I could have gone to a zoo. After all, spotting tigers mealy confirms their beauty; backing them can make you aware of something more. 48. Which of the following was a clear signal of alarm? A. The elephant stopped. B. A spotted deer called.
考单招上高职单招网---C. The elephant seized a branch. D. The forest was silent for a while.
49. The author begins his account of the tour in the forest mainly by A. describing various sounds B. comparing different animals C. listing different activities D. introducing various plants 50. What does the underlined part "to sense the aura" most probably mean? A. To see the diversity. B. To enjoy the scenery. C. To feel the atmosphere. D. To experience the freedom. 51. How does the author feel after several visits to Corbett? A. Seeing a Bengal tiger is quite thrilling. B. It is very time-consuming to travel in Corbett. C. It is really worthwhile to study the animals in Corbett. D. The process of finding Bengal tigers is most appealing. E It's generally believed that people act the way they do because of their personalities and attitudes. They recycle their garbage because they care about the environment. They pay $5 for a caramelbrulée latte because they like expensive coffee drinks. It's undeniable that behavior comes from our inner dispositions (性情), but in many instances we also draw inferences about who we are, as suggested by the social psychologist Daryl Bern. Byobserving our own behavior. We can be strangers to ourselves. If we knew our own minds, why wouldwe need to guess what our preferences are from our behavior? If our minds were an open book, wewould know exactly how much we care about the environment or like lattes. Actually, we often need tolook to our behavior to figure out who we are. Moreover, we don't just use our behavior to learn about our particular types of character—weinfer characters that weren't there before. Our behavior is often shaped by little pressures around us, which we fail to recognize. Maybe we recycle
because our wives and neighbors would disapprove if wedidn't. Maybe we buy lattes in order to impress the people around us. We should not mistakenlybelieve that we always behave as a result of some inner disposition. Whatever pressures there can be or inferences one can make, people become what they do, though it may not be in compliance (符合) with their true desires. Therefore, we should all bear in mind Kurt Vonnegut's advice: "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what wepretend to be. “ 52. According to the passage, personalities and attitudes are commonly believed to __ A. determine one's behavior B. reflect one's taste C. influence one's surroundings D. result from one's habits 53. Which of the following would Daryl Bern most probably agree with? A. The return of a wallet can indicate one's honesty. B. A kind person will offer his seat to the old. C. One recycles plastics to protect the environment. D, One buys latte out of true love of coffee. 54. What can be inferred from the underlined sentence in the passage? A. We fall to realize our inner dispositions. B. We can be influenced by outside pressures. C. Our behavior is the result of our true desires. D. Our characters can shape our social relationships. 55, What does the author mainly discuss in the passage? A. Personalities and attitudes. B, Preferences and habits. C, Behavior and personalities. D. Attitudes and preferences. 四、写作(共两个写作任务，满分 35 分)
考单招上高职单招网---写作一(满分 15 分) 请结合材料，按要求用英文写作。
“My friend falls，I laugh；my phone falls，I cry" 要求：(1)就此材料发表你的看法； (2)紧扣材料，有明确的观点； (3)词数不少于 60； (4)在答题卡上作答。 写作二(满分 20 分) 青少年研究专家 Susan Beacham 在自己的英文网站上开辟专栏，邀请大家分享心目 中的”最 好礼物”。她认为，礼物贵在心意，应为之付出时间和精力。 假设你是李华，请用英文发帖，内容应包括： ●赞同 Susan 的看法 ●你收到或送出的最好的物是什么 ●该礼物的意义 ●期待大家回复 注意：(1)词数不少于 80； (2)符合语言规范； (3)在答题卡上作答； (4)开头已给出(不计人总词数)。 I am a high school student from China
一、单项填空(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 1．C 6． A 11．D 2．B 3．C 4．A 5．B 10．C 11．C
7． D 12．B
9． A 14．D
二、完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 16．A 21．B 26．A 31．C 17． B 22．C 27．C 32．B 18．D 23．D 28．C 33．A L9．B 24．D 29，B 34．A 20．A 25．B 30．D 35．C
三、阅读理解(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分) 36． D 41．A 46．A 51．D 37． C 42．B 47． D 52．A 38． B 39．D 40． D
45．C 50．C 55．C
48． B 53．A
四、写作(共两个写作任务，满分 35 分) 略