(1) 在句中的位置 单个的过去分词作定语时，位于它所修饰 的名词或代词前面；
a broken heart the risen sun
a lost child
people addicted to drugs
a novel written by Luxun
the advice given to the patient
an old man supported by his son
a school built for orphans
everything, anything, nothing, somebody, nobody，those 等不定
Nothing reported ( in the newspaper) interested him.
过去分词和现在分词在做定语时的区别： 1.语态上 现在分词: 表示主动的动作 过去分词: 表示被动的动作 He is the man swimming in the river just now. He was reading a novel written by Charles Dickens.
2.时间上 现在分词: 表示正在进行
the falling leaves the fallen leaves a changing world a changed world
the rising sun the risen sun
the developing country the developed country
? I know the people building the house there.(主动、进行）
? The house being built over there is a shop. (被动、正在建)
? The house built over there is a shop. （被动、已建好） ? The house to be built over there is designed by a famous architect （被动、将来）
His book ____________ published last year sells well. His book _____________ being published now will be on sale next year. to be published next year will be His book _____________ his best one. publishing his book is The press(出版社) ___________ famous in the city.
? V-ing形式 表特征---含有“令人……”之
比较： The film is interesting. I'm interested in English．
surprising ~surprised disappointing ~disappointed amazing ~ amazed relaxing ~ relaxed exciting ~excited tiring ~tired boring ~ bored pleasing ~pleased
confusing ~confused satisfying ~satisfied astonishing ~astonished inspiring ~ inspired amusing ~amused entertaining ~entertained depressing ~ depressed
Fill in the blank with proper words.
1. A. Nobody was interested in the story he told. B. The story he told was very interesting . ( interested, interesting ) 2. A. Everybody was excited to hear the news. B. The news is very exciting indeed. ( excited, exciting ) 3. A. The result of the test was rather disappointing. B. He was very disappointed at the result of the test. ( disappointed, disappointing ) 4. A. What he said was very amusing . B. I was very amused at the sight. ( amused, amusing )
1. look, sound, smell, taste, feel
2. become, get, turn, grow, fall, go, come
3. stay, keep, remain
4. seem, appear
5. turn out, prove （证明是，结果是）
? 定语 ? 表语 放在名词和代词的前面或后面 表示动作完成 或被动 放在be 动词或系动词的后面
1.A thief stole the goat that was tied to the tree. tied =A thief stole the goat ______ to the tree. 2. The girl who is dressed in red is Kelly’s long-lost friend. dressed in red = The girl _________________ is Kelly’s long-lost friend.
3. The castle, which was burnt down in the sixteenth century, was never rebuilt. burnt down in = The castle, ______________ ____________________________, the sixteenth century was never rebuilt. 4. Father beat the son who was lost in the online games. =Father beat the son ________ lost in the online games.
5. The project, which was designed by the Chinese engineers, was constructed in only 2 year.
designed by the = The project, _____________ ________________________, chinese engineers was constructed in only 2 year.
1. They were all amusing at what he said. 2. He was very exciting to hear the news that their team had won. 3. The situation was a bit discouraged. 4. Two pages in this dictionary are missed. 5. Your mother is quite worrying about your stare of health.
1.As is known to us all, traveling is A ______, but we often feel ______ when we are back from travels. A. interesting; tired B. interested; tiring C. interesting; tiring D. interested; tired
D news, we all felt ___. 2. Hearing the ____
A. encouraging, encouraging,
B. encouraged, encouraged
C. encouraged, encouraging
D. encouraging, encouraged B on the gold 3. From the dates ______ coin, it is confirmed that was made five hundred years ago. A. marking B. marked C. to be marked D. having been marked
B 4. The _______ look in her face suggested that she _______ it before.
A. surprising, wouldn’t know B. surprised, hadn’t known C. surprising, hadn’t known D. surprised, shouldn’t know
C 5. The first textbooks ______ for
A. having written
teaching English as a foreign language came out in the 16th century.
B. to be written
D. being written