高考英语语法填空专题模拟练习 (1) Bennet Cerf tells this the South. In one seat sat an old man holding a bunch of fresh flowers. Across the aisle (通道) eyes came back again and again much thinking, 36 34 the man?s flowers. The time came 35 33 a young girl whose 31 (touch) story about a bus that was bumping (颠簸而行) 32___ a back road in
the old man to get off. Without flowers,” he explained,
thrust the flowers into the girl?s lap. “I can see you love ___37 38 like for you to have them. I?ll tell her I gave __ _39
“and I think my wife flowers, 40
to you.” The girl accepted the
then watched the old man get off the bus and walk through the gate of a small cemetery (墓地). (2)
When I was growing up, I do not recall hearing the words “I love you” from my father. When your father never says ___31___ to you when you are a child, it gets tougher and tougher for him ___32___ (say) those words as he gets ___33___ (old). To tell the truth, I could not honestly remember ___34___ I had last said those words to him either. I decided to set my ego (自我) aside and make the first move. ___35___ some hesitation, in our next phone conversation I blurted out (突然说出) the words, “Dad … I love you!” There was a silence at the ___36___ end and he ___37___ (awkward) replied, “Well, same back at you!” I laughed and said, “Dad, I know you love me, and when you are ready, I know you ___38___ (say) what you want to say.” A few weeks later, Dad concluded our phone conversation ___39___ the words, “Paul, I love you.” I was at work during this conversation and the tears were rolling down my cheeks ___40___ I finally “heard” the love. As we both sat there in tears we realized that this special moment had taken our father-son relationship to a new level. (3) One day a farmer?s donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously ___31___ hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed ___32_______ (cover) up anyway; it just wasn't worth ___33____ to save the donkey. He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel （铲） and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized ___34___ was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone?s amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He _35_______ (astonish) at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt __36____ hit his back, the donkey was doing something _37______ (amaze). He would shake it off and take a step up. __38____ the farmer?s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over __39____edge of the well and happily ran off! Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just ___40___ not giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.
(4) Night after night, she came to tuck me in, even long after my childhood years. ___31_____ (follow) her longstanding custom, she?d lean down and push my long hair out of the way, then kiss my forehead. I don?t remember ___32___ it first started annoying me — her hands pushing my hair that way. Finally, one night, I shouted out at her, “Don?t do that anymore — your hands are too rough!” She didn?t say ___33____ in reply. But never again ___34_____ my mother close out my day ___35_____ that familiar expression of her love. Time after time, with the passing years, my __36______ (think) returned to that night. By then I missed my mother?s hands, — missed her goodnight kiss on my forehead. Now those hands I once thought to be so rough were still doing things for me and my family. I frequently recalled the night my young voice complained. One night, catching Mom?s hand in hand, I blurted out how sorry I was for that night. I thought she?d remember, ___37_____ I did. But Mom didn?t know what I ___38_____ (talk) about. She had forgotten — and forgiven — long ago. That night, I fell asleep with a new ___39_______ (appreciate) for my gentle mother and ___40_____ caring hands. And the guilt that I had carried around for so long was nowhere to be found. (5) There are moments in life ___31____ you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug（拥抱） them for real! When the door of happiness closes, __32_____ opens, but often we look so long at the closed door ___33____ we don?t see the one which has been opened for us. Don?t go for looks; they can deceive (欺骗). Don?t go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone ___34__ __ makes you smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be __35__ you want to be.
The ___36__(happy) of people don?t ___37__(necessary) have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that ___38__ (come) along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a _39____ (forget) past. When you were born, you were crying and everyone _40____ you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you?re the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying. (6) A motto is a sentence or a phrase ____31____ can inspire us especially when we are __32______(face) with difficulties. Many of us have our mottoes, such as “Where there is a will, there is a way.” Or “Nothing is difficult if you put your heart into it.”, and so on. My motto is “God helps those who help __33______.” Sometimes I am lazy and don?t want to make efforts _34_______( work) hard, __35______ the moment I think of my motto I will get energetic again and devote myself __36______ what I am doing. I write my motto __37______ I can see it easily. Every time I fail in my exam and begin to lose heart, the sight of my motto inspires me with much ____38____(confident). My motto also makes me become __39______ independent person. That is to say, I won?t rely on others easily.
My friends, what is your motto? If you still haven?t got a motto, please choose _40_______ because a motto can have a great effect on you. (7) In today?s competitive world, the ability to work happily with other people is a good way of marking yourself out from everybody __31____. While teamwork may offer the chance to blame others ___32___ your mistakes, you can never blame __33__ for your failings as a teammate. Get to know one another, so you can build up a group and
combine your advantages. Find out each other?s values, weaknesses, and past __34______ (achieve). Don?t shy away from(避开， 躲避) disagreements， __35__ __ work out how __36__ (deal) with them. Humor can be a good way, so have a laugh together. Before getting down to business, it?s important to establish ground rules. First, make sure you all share the same idea of time. Will 9:30 am meetings take place at midday? Then, work out how you are going to make decisions. These are probably __37__ (well) made at a formal meeting and communicated by e-mail. You must also agree with your teammate _38__ will be responsible for making decisions. Even if you have decided __39__ decisions don?t have to be agreed on, it is important that every team member __40____(keep) active. (8) During the Spring and Autumn Period, the State of Wu launched an attack against the State of Yue. The king of Wu was seriously wounded and soon died. ____31____ son Fu Chai became the new king. Fu was determined to revenge(复 仇). He drilled his army strictly __32______ it was a perfect fighting force. Three years later, he led his army ____33____ the State of Yue and caught its king Gou Jian. In order to avenge(复仇) his father?s _34____(die), Fu let him live in a shabby stone house by his father?s tomb and ordered him to raise horses for him. Gou pretended to be loyal to Fu _35____ he never forgot his humiliation (羞辱). Many years later, he __36____ (set) free. Gou secretly accumulated a military force after he went back to his own state. In order to make himself tougher he slept on firewood and ate a gall-bladder(苦胆) __37____ having dinner and going to bed every night. At the same time he administered his state carefully, _38_______ (develop) agriculture and educating the people. After a few years, his country became strong. Then Gou seized a favorable opportunity to wipe off the State of Wu. Later, people use it to describe one _39_______ endures( 忍 受 ) self-imposed( 自 愿 接 受 的 ) hardships to _40__________ (strong) one?s resolve(决心) to realize one?s ambition. (9) Although it could not compete with the speed of email today, the 1800?s experienced a revolution in communication that played an important role in creating the tradition of the Christmas greeting card. ____31____（help) by the new railway system, the public postal service made corresponding a popular past time. In England, Sir Henry Cole recognized the advantage of ___32____ more efficient mail service and initiated (开始） the practice of sending Christmas greeting cards __33_____ friends.
The first card ___34___ (design) by J.C.Horsley as a commercial endeavor. One thousand copies were sold in London, ____35____ soon others followed suit. An English ____36____(art), William Egley, produced a popular card in 1849. Louis Prang, a German born printer, working from ____37____ shop in Massachusetts, printed his first American cards in 1875. Even more ____38____ (importance) than his printing was the fact ____39____ he did more than anyone else to popularize the cards by instituting nationwide contests for the best Christmas designs, __40______ were awarded cash prizes. (10) The Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth month according to the Chinese calendar. For thousands of years, the festival __31__________ (mark) by eating zong zi and racing dragon boats in honour of Qu Yuan, who is said to have committed suicide(自杀) by drowning himself. Qu was a minister of the State of Chu ____32____ (situate) in present-day Hunan and Hubei provinces, during the Warring States Period（战国时期）. He was upright, loyal and highly respected. ____33____, he was dismissed from office. ____34____ (realize) that the country was in the hands of evil officials, Qu leapt into River Miluo on the fifth day of the fifth month. Nearby fishermen rushed over to save him but were ____35____ (able) to recover his body. The people of Chu ____36____ mourned Qu?s death threw rice into the river to feed his ghost ____37____ year on the day of his death. But one year, the spirit of Qu appeared and told the mourners that a huge reptile（爬行动物）in the river had stolen the rice. The spirit then advised __38______ to wrap the rice and bind it _39_______ throwing it into the river. During the Duanwu Festival, zong zi is eaten to symbolize（象征，表示） the rice offerings to Qu. And the dragon-boat races symbolize __40______ many attempts to rescue and recover Qu's body. (11) This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day in the United States. Americans ____31____（tradition）gather for a large holiday meal with family and friends. Most schools ____32____ (close) Friday for Thanksgiving break. Some students get all week off. So where does this leave international students? We asked a few colleges and universities ____33____ the country for this week?s report. In the Northeast, Green Mountain College has twenty-nine international students this year out of _34_______ student population of about eight hundred. Dick Weis，the director of international programs，says teachers and __35______ （coach） invite international students to their homes for Thanksgiving. Professor Weis is having six or seven at his house for the holiday. Local organizations also get involved, _36_______ a group called the Atlanta Ministry with International Students. It arranges for students in the Atlanta area to celebrate Thanksgiving with American families. The group also has a program ____37____(call) Christmas International House. In the Midwest, Morningside College has more than one thousand students, fourteen of ____38____ this year are from ____39____ countries. International student adviser Nadia Sifri says they are connected with local host families
when they first arrive. The families provide a home away from home, she says, ____40____ they generally invite the students to spend Thanksgiving with them. (12) The period we normally think of 31 “ancient Egypt” is the time 33 the pharaohs? 34 on the land above the Nile from the Delta 35 the Libyan tribes living to the 32 Egypt was ruled by the pharaohs
(法老王) — after 3000 B.C. But who lived in Egypt
In the early Stone Age, people in Egypt lived on sites fairly high
to Aswan. From about 5000 B.C., settlers came to Egypt from Palestine and Syria, west, 36 from Nubia in the south.
Shortly before 3000 B.C., traders from southern Iraq also sailed to Egypt and some, fertility of the country, stayed ___38 . Soon these early settlers began 39
(attract) by the
(grow) barley (大麦) and 40 seemed safe from the
domesticate（驯养） cattle, and to build villages of mud huts in parts of the flood plain annual Nile flood. (13) All over the world, people move from place to place. More and more people farms to move to cities. This 32
(leave) towns and 33
(move) to cities is called urbanization. Often, people move to cities 34
(find) jobs. Farms do not have enough jobs such as working in restaurants.
the growing population. Cities offer factory and service jobs
Almost half the world?s people live in cities. Mexico City?s population more than tripled (增至三倍) 1960 and 2000. Other cities in Latin America, Asia, and Africa are growing just 36 fast.
People also move from country to country. They emigrate, or leave their home country to live in ___37 In their new country, these people are called immigrants. Some are looking for jobs in ___38 are running 40 39
(rich) nations. Others
from wars, too little food, and other problems in their home countries. These people are refugees.
are people who run to another country to get away from danger or disaster. (14) British educators ___31___ a six-day trip to China have said the language of Chinese is becoming much accepted by
British youth. A 110-member-team of UK educational personnel from Kent County and Wales ___32___ (visit) the Confucius Institute(孔子学院) headquarters in Beijing, and set up to promote the Chinese language and culture. Joanna Burke, ___33___ (culture) councillor（议员）of the British Embassy in China, applauded(赞成，赞许) the moves of Hanban, China?s Office of Chinese Language Council International, to promote the Chinese culture globally. “I think __34__ is essential for the UK to engage with China ___35___(have) more young people ___36___ learn Chinese and understand China in order to become full global citizens engaged in the requirement of ___37___ 21st century.” Official figures show ___38___ 400 middle and primary schools in the UK have Chinese language classes. Lessons
are also available ___39___ college students in many universities, __40____ (include) Oxford and Cambridge. Chinese culture can also be learnt at the 12 Confucius Institutes and 14 Confucius Classes in the UK. (15) Making new friends means __31______ put） yourself out on a limb and asking others not only to accept you, but （ to like you and want to be around you as well. ____32____(fortunate)， there is no magical solution ____33____ this part of the process, so if you want to make friends, take a deep breath and jump right in! _34____ first step to making new friends is figuring out what is holding you back. A lot of times people _35____ are interested in making new friends don?t know why they don?t have them already. They can?t see that __36____ own actions are working against them. Once you can identify(确认， 确定) what is keeping you from making new friends, you need to work through these concerns. This can be painful ___37_____ you will need to put yourself outside of your comfort zones to see any real differences. The next step is to shine in these social settings so that others will leave with a positive ____38____ (impress). If you find social situations hard, just rely on a few simple rules. When you feel ____39____ (confidence) that you?ve made some great new friends, get out there and celebrate with them! No matter ____40____ you decide to do, the important thing is to celebrate your new friends and hopefully continue cultivating more. (16) Although many high school dropouts leave school permanently, some dropouts later reenter school. __31______(approximate) 10 percent of the sophomores (大二学生) ____32____ dropped out between 1980 and 1982 returned to school by ____33____ fall of 1982. Generally, high school reentrants differ ____34____ typical dropouts in several school and student characteristics. Background attributes and test score performance __35______ (associate) with low dropout rates tend to be related to higher-than-average reentry rates. For example, reentry rates among 1980 sophomore dropouts were about one-fifth __36______ (high) in the Northeast and North Central regions than in the South or West. Among whites, reentry rates in the West were one-third lower than in other regions. ___37_____ blacks, reentry rates in the Northeast (14 percent) __38______ (be) substantially higher than those in the South (6 percent). Hispanic dropouts in the North Central region were three times __39______ likely to return to school as those in the Northeast or West. Hispanics in the South were twice as likely to reenter as __40______ in the Northwest or West. (17) They called her “the Black Pearl”, “the Black Gazelle” and “the fastest woman in the world.” In nineteen sixty, Wilma Rudolph became the first American woman ___31___ (win) three gold medals in one Olympics. She was __32____ extraordinary American athlete. She also did a lot to help young athletes ___33___ (success). Wilma Rudolph was born ___34___a very large, poor, African-American family. She was the ___35___ (twenty) of twenty-two children. She was born too early and only ___36___ (weigh) two kilograms. She had many illnesses
___37___ she was very young, including pneumonia(肺炎) and scarlet fever. She also had polio (小儿麻痹症), ___38___ damaged her left leg. When she was six years old, she began to wear metal leg braces because she could not use _39_____leg. With her family?s attention and care, ___40___(lucky), by the time she was nine years old, she no longer needed her leg braces. (18) Scientists have developed a non-stick chewing gum. The new gum can _31_____ (remove) easily from pavements, shoes and clothes. It?s the result of polymer (聚合体) research at the University of Bristol and could be launched commercially in 2008. ___32___it catches on(流行), the product will solve __33____ major headache for present authorities around the world. “The advantage of our Clean Gum is that ___34___ has a great taste, it is easy to remove and has the potential to be __35__________ (environment) degradable (可降解的),” said Terence Cosgrove, a professor of chemistry __36___ helped to found a company called Revolymer to commercialize the technology. Today?s chewing gums are made from synthetic(人工制造的) latex(植物的乳汁), which is resistant _37____ the weather and is strongly sticky. The new gum adds a special polymer to modify(修改，改变) its properties(特性), _38_____ (make) it far __39___sticky. In two street trials, other commercial gums remained stuck to the pavement ___40___ Clean Gum came away(脱掉， 脱落) naturally in all cases. (19) In social life, time plays a very important part．In the U.S.A.,guests tend to feel they are not highly regarded if the invitation 31 in all countries．In a dinner party is extended only three or four days 33 32 the party date．But it is not true 34 35
areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make
appointment too far in advance because plans that are made for a date more than a week away tend
(forget)． The meaning of time differs in different parts of the world． Thus, misunderstandings arise between people from cultures 36 time is treated differently．Promptness is valued highly in American life, for example．If (responsibility). In the U.S.A. 39 would be too perhaps he will not
people are not punctual, they may be regarded as impolite or not fully 37 no one would think of keeping a business associate 38 (wait) for an hour; 40
impolite．A person who is 5 minutes late will say a few words of explanation, complete the sentence． (20)
Tony, a robot made by Larry Belmond?s company, was expected to do house work. And it was tested out by Larry?s wife, Claire, when he was Claire 32 31 (absence) for three weeks. The handsome and smooth-haired Tony left
(alarm) at first sight of Tony because he was too handsome for a machine. When Tony offered to help
her dress, Claire felt embarrassed. But when Tony?s sympathy won her trust Claire told Tony how she and her home weren?t elegant(优雅的， 极好的)
and how she envied Gladys Claffern, one of the richest and most powerful women around. As Tony made effort to help Claire get herself and her home 33 (improve), Claire began to feel her earlier attitude 34 Tony really
absurd(荒唐可笑的，荒唐的，不合理的). Then one day, Claire got protected from a rude salesman by ringing speak to Tony but found her “affair” with Tony discovered as she turned nearby. But then Claire, house when it was 38 37 36 35 Tony and asking the man to to see Gladys Claffern standing
(advise) by Tony, arranged a party to invite Gladys and her friends to the (complete) transformed.
The love scene well planned by Tony without Claire?s knowledge won Claire a sweet victory as her guests had seen everything, but she shouted “Leave me alone!” and cried her heart out. Claire?s marriage, he was finally taken back to the company to be women! 高考英语语法填空专题模拟练习答案与解析 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------(1)本文转述的是一个发生在巴士上的动人故事。 直到故事结束处读者才明白那位老人是把准备祭拜亡妻的鲜 花送给了年轻姑娘。 31. touching。故事令人感伤或令人动容，由touch加-ing构成形容词touching，做story的定语。 32. along。这句说巴士沿南方偏远的道路颠簸前行。用along(沿着)表明是在行进途中，为后面的故事营造出 一个背景。 33. was / sat。这是一个倒装句，说过道对面坐着一个年轻姑娘，主句缺少谓语动词，可以用动词was或sat。 34. to。说姑娘不断打量着老人手中的鲜花，“…eyes came to.”, 讲目光所至，故填 to。 35. for。常用结构 time for sb. to do sth. ，填for。 36. he。这里讲把鲜花塞进姑娘的怀里的人，当然是那个old man了，自然是用he指代。 37. the。这里需要用冠词the，来表示喜欢老人手里的鲜花，有所特指，填the。 38. would。读到后文我们知道老人的妻子已经去世（他是前往墓地去看望她），这里是说“我的妻子（如果 有知）也会愿意将鲜花送给你的”，这是老人的推断，正是would的一种用法。 39. them。用them指代flowers。 40. and。 这个空格恰好位于两个并列谓语（accepted the flowers和watched the old man）之间，自然是用并列 连词and。 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------(2)这是一篇亲情故事。虽父子情深，父亲却不习惯对儿子说“I love you”。儿子决定采取主动，在电话中对父 亲说出了“I love you”。几周后父亲也以对儿子说“I love you”来结束通话。电话两端，父子双双感动得热泪盈眶。 31. them。指代“the words ?I love you?”，words 为复数，用 them。 32. to say。不定式作真正主语，it 为形式主语。 33. older。长大为“get older”，用比较级。 40 39 Tony caused no risk to
(built), for he was a heartbreaker for
34. when。引导宾语从句，并在从句中作时间状语。 35. After。犹豫一阵后说出口，所以填 after。注意首字母要大写。 36. other。在电话的另一端。 37. awkwardly。修饰谓语动词 replied，要用副词形式。 38. will say。时间状语从句用一般现在时，主句用一般将来时。 39. with。介词短语作状语，“以……结束通话”。 40. as/because。引导原因状语。听到了“love”是感动得落泪的原因。 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------(3)这是一篇励志故事。主人决定将掉过井里的驴子用土埋掉。驴子以土为台阶，最后走出井外，得以自救。 31. for。for hours 指“几个小时”。 32. covering/to be covered。表示“需要被……”既可以接不定式的被动式，又可以接 ing 形式的主动式。 33. it。句型 be worth it to do…指“值得做……”。 34. what。引导宾语从句。what 在从句中作主语。 35. was astonished。“对……感惊讶”：be astonished at 36. that/which。引导定语从句。关系代词 that/which 在从句中作主语。 37. amazing. 形容词作后置定语，something amazing 意为“令人惊讶的事情”。 38. As。意为“随着……” 39. the。特指“井的边缘”。 40. by。介词短语 by doing sth.作方式状语。 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------(4)本文讲述母亲的双手给作者带来无私的母爱的故事。那双手已经不再温柔，甚至有些粗糙，但那双手依然 给作者带来温暖，母爱永远难以割断。 31. Following。因逻辑主语 she 与 follow 是主动关系，用现在分词短语作状语，故填 Following。 32. when。引导宾语从句，表示时间，用连接副词 when。句意：我不记得母亲最初是什么时候开始用手拨弄 我的头发了。 33. anything。母亲什么也没回答，在否定句中，用 anything。 34. did。因否定词 never 置于句首时，要用部分倒装句，是一般过去时，填助动词 did。 35. with。意思是“用她那熟悉的爱的表达方式”，表示“用”，填介词 with。 36. thoughts。由形容词性物主代词 my 可知，该空应填名词；另外 thought 用复数形式，表示 “记忆，心思”。 37. as。作者认为母亲会像她自己记得那样，也记得那件事。表示“与……一样”，填连词 as。 38. was talking。妈妈不知道我在谈论什么，用过去进行时，填 was talking。 39. appreciation。不定冠词 a 后应接名词，故填 appreciation。 40. her。指母亲那体贴的双手。 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5)这篇文章意在告诉读者要微笑着面对生活，这样此生无怨无悔。 31. when。引导定语从句，先行词是 moments，在从句中充当时间状语，故用 when。 32. another。句意：当幸福之门关闭时，另一扇打开了。 33. that。此处是 so…that…句型。句意为：但是我们常常眷恋着那道关上了的门，而看不见另一道已经为我 们打开了的门。 34. who。引导定语从句，先行词是 someone，在定语从句中做主语，指人，故用 who。 35. what。引导表语从句并在从句中作表语，故用连接代词 what。 36. happiest。由后文的 the best of…可知，这里用形容词最高级，表示“最幸福的人”。 37. necessarily。修饰动词 have，做状语，要用副词。 38. comes。由前面的 have，make 等谓语动词可知，用一般现在时；又因该定语从句中的主语 that 是替代先 行词 everything 的，而 everything 是第三人称单数，故填 comes。 39. forgotten。因 past 在这里是名词，前面需要定语；又因 past 与 forget 是被动关系，故用过去分词 forgotten 做定语。 40. around。表示“在……周围”，用介词 around。 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------(6)这篇文章概述了座右铭的好处以及作者的座右铭给他带来极大的鼓励作用。 31. that / which。引导定语从句并在从句中作主语，先行词是 a sentence or a phrase，指物，故用关系代词 that / which.。 32. faced。表示“面对困难”是“be faced with”。 33. themselves。由 those 可知，用反身代词 themselves 作宾语。该谚语的意思是“自助者天助”。 34. to work。因 make efforts 后接 to do sth.表示“尽力做某事”。 35. but。因前后是转折关系。 36. to。因 devote oneself to (介词)…是固定搭配，意为“致力于”。 37. where。引导地点状语从句，表示“……的地方”用 where。 38. confidence。因 with 是介词，后要接名词做宾语；confident 的名词形式是 confidence。 39. an。指作者成为一个独立的人，表示“一个”用不定冠词；又因 independent 以元音开头，故用 an。 40. one。替代“a+单数可数名词(a motto)”，用 one。 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------(7)这篇文章主要告诉我们怎样与他人合作。 31. else。意思是“与他人和谐工作的能力是使自己显示出与其他人不同的好方法”，用在复合代词 everybody 后作定语，表示“其他的”，用 else。 32. for。表示“因某事责备某人”是 blame sb. for sth.。 33. them。指代上文中的 others，在句中做宾语，用 them。 34. achievements。与前面的 values 和 weaknesses 同时充当短语动词 find out 的并列宾语，用名词形式。
35. but。这是表示“不是……而是……”的 not…but…结构。 36. to deal。这是“疑问词+不定式”结构做宾语。 37. best。根据句意这里表示 “最好”之意，故用最高级。 38. who。这里是定语从句，先行词 teammate 在定语从句中充当主语，指人，所以用 who。 39. that。decided 后接了一个宾语从句，该宾语从句句子结构和句意都完整，因而用连词 that。 40. is kept。由 keep sb. active(使某人保持活跃的状态)，可知 every team member 与 keep 是被动关系，故用被 动语态。
(8)本文讲述越王勾践卧薪尝胆，最终三千越甲吞吴的故事。 31. His。填 his，指代 the king of Wu?s。 32. until。表示“直到”，用连词 until。句意是：夫差严格训练军队，直到使之成为一支很好的能战军队。 33. against。表示“反对”，用介词 against。句意是：三年后，夫差带领军队攻打越国。 34. death。由 his father?s 可知，填 die 的名词形式 death。 35. but。勾践假装忠心于夫差，但他从未忘记自己所遭受的侮辱。填 but. 36. was set。因 he 与 set 是被动关系，用被动语态，故填 was set。 37. before。指勾践在每天吃饭或睡觉之前都卧薪尝胆，故填介词 before。 38. developing。因 he 与 develop 是主语关系，用现在分词作伴随状语。另外，由 and educating 亦可知，该空 应填 developing. 39. who。引导定语从句并在从句中作主语，先行词是代词 one. 40. strengthen。由不定式符号 to 及宾语 one?s resolve 可知，空白处应填 strong 的动词形式 strengthen。 (9)本文介绍圣诞卡在沟通方面的所起的由来及其重要作用。 31. Helped。因 help 与公共邮政服务是动宾关系，故用过去分词表示被动。 32. a。指一种更高效的邮政服务，表示“一种”用不定冠词 a。 33. to。由句式搭配 send sth to sb 可知。 34. was designed。在句中作谓语表示被动，且用一般过去时。 35. and。用连词 and 连接两个并列句。 36. artist。从后面的同位语 William Egley 可知这里填与 art 有关的人，即 artist。 37. his。从后面的 his first American cards 可知是他的商店。 38. important。这是一个倒装句，主语是 the fact，空格要求填的词在句中作表语，故用形容词。 39. that。引导同位语从句，说明 the fact 的具体内容。 40.which。引导非限制性定语从句，先行词是 designs。 (10)本文讲述中国传统节日端午节的由来及其背后的故事。 31. has been marked。由时间状语 for thousands of years 可知，句子谓语动词应用现在完成进行时，表示端午 节一直以来都以吃粽子和赛龙珠的方式进行庆祝，而且将来也会如此，故填 has been marked。
32. situated。表示某地方位于何地时，用 be situated in /on, 句中“situated…”相当于定语从句，“which was situated…”。 33. However。前后两句是转折关系，而空格前后都有标点，故填副词 However。 34. Realizing。因逻辑主语 Qu 与 realize 是主动关系，故填 Realizing。 35. unable。由 but 可知，渔民未能救活他，故用 able 相反意思的 unable。 36. who。引导定语从句并在从句中作主语，先行词是 The people of Chu，故填 who。 37. every。根据常识，是指“每一”年。 38. them。代替 the mourners，在句中作宾语，故填 them。 39. before。因“将它裹好、绑好”应是在“将粽子扔进河里”之前，才不会给河里的一种爬行动物偷吃，故填介 词 before。 40. the。因 many / little / few 等词在后面有定语从句或不定式等成分修饰时，其前面用 the 表特指，故该处填 the。 (11)这则新闻报道了美国各地高校如何安排外国留学生一起共度西方的传统节日——感恩节。 31. traditionally。作状语，修饰动词 gather，用副词。 32. are closed。由上下文的谓语动词时态可知，用一般现在时；主谓是被动关系，用被动语态。句意是：大 多数学校关门（即放假） 。 33. around/ throughout。表示“全国各地”，是 around/ throughout the country= all over the country。 34. a。因 a student population of 意为“学生人数有……”。 35. coaches。由 teachers 可知，coach 用复数形式。 36. like。表示举例“像……”。 37. called。因 program 与 call 是被动关系，用过去分词作定语，相当于定语从句 which is called。 38. whom。引导非限制性定语从句，先行词是 students，在介词后用 whom。 39. other。作定语，表示“其他的，别的”。 40. and。用 and 连接“The families provide…”和“they generally invite...”两个并列句。 (12)所选文段讲述的是我们称之为“古埃及”之前的埃及，也就是出现法老王之前的埃及，那时埃及居民状态。 31. as。因think of … as… 是固定搭配，意为“视……为……”。 32. when。这里是一个定语从句，先行词是time，关系词在从句中做时间状语，用when。 33. before。段首已经说过所谓古埃及是指由法老王统治的时期，晚于公元前3000年，后文内容提到了早期石 器时代，公元前5000年，还提到了稍稍早于公元前3000年的时期等，都是讲先古时期。所以此处这个过渡句是要 把叙述内容转入到“法老王”之前的时代，故填before。 34. up。这里空格前面的 fairly high是要修饰另一个词，然后共同修饰on the land above the Nile这个介词短语, 那这个词就只能是副词了，既然说是above the Nile，那这个副词就应该是up了。 35. from。这里前后共说出了迁移到埃及的三大来源地，用的是并列平行结构，前后有用了from，这里也应该 是from。
36. and。三个并列平行结构，后两个之间用and连接，故填and。 37. attracted。过去分词短语作状语，更可以从后面的by 短语得到线索。 38. on。伊拉克南部的商人也漂洋来到埃及。埃及的富庶使得其中有一些来了以后就不想走了（商人本来是 辗转各地做生意的）。动词stayed后填on，表示就一直住下去了。 39. to grow。这是讲埃及农耕和畜牧的发端，所以用begin to grow，表示“正是由此时开始”之意。 40. that/which。定语从句的关系词，指物，在从句中做主语，填that或which。 (13)所选文段讲述的是移民问题。世界上不同地域之间人口迁移现象日益频发，原因也各不相同。 31. are leaving。因More and more people 讲的是当今的一种趋势，所以用进行时态，填are moving。 32. movement。move的名词形式movement，表示这种迁移到行为。 33. to find。人民搬到城市是为了找工作，用动词不定式表示目的，做状语。填to find。 34. for。农地里提供的工作不能满足日益增长的人口，enough… for…。 35. between。在1960到2000之间，墨西哥城的人口就翻了三番。between…and…来表示时间区间。 36. as。 上句举例说到： 仅在1960到2000之间墨西哥城的人口就翻了三番， 可见城市人口增长之迅猛。 而拉美、 亚非其他城市的人口也以同样的速度在增长。也就是just as fast (as Mexico City)，填as。 37. another。从祖国迁居异国他乡，后面的country是单数形式，只能填another，才既合乎意义，也合乎语法。 38. richer。这里的rich当然是相比原先居住的国家而言，因此要用比较级，填richer。 39. away。running away from wars 逃离战乱，away from的搭配，填away。 40. They。空格处的主语是指these people，也就是那些refugees，用they指代。 (14)本文主要讲述了英国教育家来中国，进行了为期六天的访问，表明了汉语正在被英国年轻人接受。 31. on。因 on a trip 是固定搭配。 32. visited。本句尚无谓语，visit 应为谓语动词；根据下文应该采用一般过去时，故填 visited。 33. cultural。做定语要用形容词。 34. it。It 是形式主语。 35. to have。作目的状语，用不定式。 36. who/that。引导定语从句并在从句中作主语，先行词 people，故用 who 或 that。 37. the。序数词前用 the。 38. that。引导宾语从句，作 show 后面的宾语。 39. for。表示“对于”之意，用 for。 40. including。介词，意为“包括”。 (15)本文介绍如何结交新朋友。 31. putting。表示“意味着干某事”，应为 mean doing sth。 32. Unfortunately。从 no magical solution 可以推断出“不幸的是”。 33. to。因 solution 通常接介词 to，表示“……的解决方法”。 34. The。序数词 first 前要用定冠词。
35. who/ that。定语从句，关系代词在从句中作主语。 36. their。指主语 they“他们自己的”。 37. because。后面解释“这可能是痛苦的”的原因。 38. impression。在“冠词+形容词(a positive)”后要接名词。 39. confident。在系动词 feel 后作表语，用形容词。 40. what。在句中作 do 的宾语，用连接代词 what；no matter what…意为“不管你决定做什么”。 (16)虽然许多高中生永远辍学，但是也有许多高中生后来又重返校园。 31. Approximately。用副词 Approximately（近似地，大约）修饰后面的数字 10 percent。 32. who/that。定语从句用来修饰前面的先行词 sophomores，从句中缺主语，故使用 who/that。 33. the。特指 1982 年的秋天，前面要加定冠词。 34. from。因 differ from 为固定搭配，意为“不同于”。 35. associated。因该句已有谓语动词 tend to be related，本空应填非谓语动词；又由 be associated with(与…… 有关)可知，此处用过去分词短语作后置定语。 36. higher。由后面的 than 可知，此处用比较级。 37. Among。表示“在某团体或人群中”，用介词 among。 38. were。该句主语是 reentry rates，根据上下文应该用一般过去时，因此使用 were。 39. as。因 as….as…是固定搭配，意为“与……一样”；根据文章最后一句也可以得出。 40. those。代替前面的可数名词的复数形式 Hispanics。 (17)本文是美国女运动员威尔玛· 鲁道尔夫的简介。 31．to win。在序数词或受序数词修饰的名词后用不定式做定语。 32．an。在作表语的表示职业身份的单数可数名词(athlete)前，用不定冠词，表示“一位”；extraordinary 以元 音开头，用 an。 33．succeed。由 help sb do sth 可知，用动词原形。 34．into。因表示“出生于一个……的家庭”，是 be born into a … family。句意为：她生于一个贫穷的大家庭。 35． twentieth。 由句意或 the 的提示， 可知用序数词。 句意为： 她是家里 22 个孩子中的第二十个。 weighed。 36． 表示“重……”，weigh 是不及物动词，不用被动语态；指出生时的重量，应当用一般过去时。 37．when。指她年幼时有很多疾病，用 when 引导时间状语从句。 38．which。引导非限制性定语从句，先行词是“小儿麻痹症”。 39．that。句意：因为她不能用那只左腿，所以就开始使用金属腿部支架。 40．luckily。修饰整个句子作状语，用副词。 (18)科学家们研发出一种“不粘口香糖”，这种新型口香糖与普通口香糖不同，很容易从街道、鞋子和衣服上 清除，能为世界各地的政府解决一个大难题。 31. be removed。该句主语和谓语的关系显然是主语为动作的承受者，用被动语态；在情态动词后，接动词原 形，故填 be removed。
32. If。句意是“如果这种清洁香口胶流行 (catch on) 的话，将能解决世界上的一件头疼的事”，引导条件状语 从句，用 If。 33. a。可数名词单数前面应加冠词或形容词性的物主代词，该处填 a 表示 one 的意思。 34. it。分析句子成分可知，that 从句缺少主语，故填 it 来指代这种清洁香口胶。 35. environmentally。修饰形容词作状语，用副词, 故填 environmentally。 36. who。引导定语从句并在从句中作主语，先行词是 a professor of chemistry，故填 who。 37. to。表示“对……有抵御能力的，耐……的”，在 be resistant 后接介词 to。 38. making。现在分词作状语表结果。 39. less。由语境可知，这种新型口香糖中添加了一种能改变其属性的特殊聚合物后，其粘性应当是大大降低 了，即不及以前有粘性了；表示“不及”用“less+形容词原级”。 40. while。该句将普通的香口胶与清洁香口胶进行对照，故填 while. (19) 31．to 36．where; 32．before; 37．responsible; 33．other; 34．an; 35．to be forgotten; 40．though
38．waiting; 39．that; (20)
31. absent 36. around
32. alarmed 37. advised
33. improved 38. completely
34. towards/ to 39. Though
35. up 40. rebuilt