Book5 Unit3 Test yourself
I. Words 1.方面，层面 ________________2.印象，感想 ________________ 3.时常发生的 ___________ 5.不确切的 ______________ 7.太空舱______________ 4.早先的 ________________ 6.指导，向导 _________ 8.女乘务员 ___________
9.从一侧，侧着 ______________ 10.容忍 _____________ 11.调整，调节 _______________12.运输工具 ________________ 13.系牢，扎牢 ____________ 15.开关，转换 ____________ 14.闪光，闪现 _______________ 16.筋疲力尽的 ____________
17.公民，市民 ________________18.打字员 ________________ 19.钮扣，按钮 ______________ 20.瞬间，片刻 _________ 21.垃圾箱 ___________ 22.生态 ______________
23.贪婪的，贪吃的 _____________24.吞下，咽下 ______________ 25.原料，材料 ________________26.回收利用 ____________ 27.代表 ____________ II. Phrases: 1. 拿起，接受_____________ 2.对…担心 __________ 28.动机 ____________
3.遭受____________ 4.与…相似 ______________ 5.立刻，马上 _____________6.看不见____________ 7.(困境后)恢复_____________8.打扫，横扫__________ 9．滑动，溜进_____________10.加速_____________ 11.带某人到处（看看） ____________ 12. 处理____________
13. 因某事而责备某人 ____________14.废物处理器___________
III. Sentences: 1) 我还是无法相信我是在接受去年获得的这个奖励。
___________________________________________________ 2) 我很担心这次旅行，所以头几天心里总不塌实
___________________________________________________ 3) 他父母的公司叫“未来之旅”，以其技术高超闻名。他们把我装在一个时间 舱里，平安把我送如了未来 ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________ 4) 时间舱在摇晃，我们放松地躺在那里做梦
___________________________________________________ 5)一开始的环境让我很难忍受。 ___________________________________________________ 6) 没过多久，我就再次站立起来，跟着他去领了一台由电脑驱动的气垫车。 ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________ 7) 我感到累了，偷偷爬上床很快睡着了。 ___________________________________________________ 8）我首先参观的是一个太空站，这个站被认为是太空中最现代化的地方。 ___________________________________________________ 9）太空站像一个巨大的圆盘，在太空中缓缓地旋转，以仿照出地球重心的引力。 ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________ 10）现在我们有一种装置，能利用生态学原理来处理掉废弃物。 ___________________________________________________ 11）我注视着缓缓移动的垃圾分解机器模型，为它的成效所吸引。 ___________________________________________________ 四.单词拼写（根据句意及所给首字母写出正确的单词） （15 分）
1. In China many people have bought cars and the number of p_________ cars is increasing quickly. 2. My s_________ is good; I don’t need glasses. 3. The project had to be stopped for the l________ of money. The manager has gone to raise money. 4. The old man sat there telling stories,s__________by children. 5. Keeping an o___________state of mind is good for health. 6. The freedom of the p________right of jounalist to report events must be protected. 7. He made the same mistakes again though I ofen r_______him not to.
8. His first speech as president made a deep i_________ on his audiences. 9. His eyes f__________ anger and defiance at everyone. 10. The robbers broke in, wearing _________________（面罩） 11. Xiao Hua is one of my p_________ friends in middle school. 12. The police set about looking into the murder case___________（迅速） 13. Confused by the new ______________（环境）, I was hit by the lack of fresh air. 14. Do you know the __________ (长度) of this bridge? 15. There are several __________ (开关) on the wall. Can you tell me which one turns on the hall lights? 五.. 用恰当的介词或副词填空。 （15 分） 1. The crowds fled _____all directions the moment the bomb exploded. 2. Watching TV too much will result _____poor eyesight. 3. The picture reminded me_____what happened ten years ago. 4. The visit to Japan left a great impression _____us. 5. It is hoped that the policy will put the country _____its feet again. 6. It was ten years ago that he took _____medicine. 7. The old buildings _________repair date back to the 1870s. 8. Four added_____six makes ten. 9. You will be required to assist Mrs Smith ________preparing a report. 10. ______a rule,we are paid _____ the hour. 11. You must rely _____ the opinions based _____facts. 12. What tools _____earth can the bamboo be used _______? 13. The man struggled ____his feet after being knocked _____the bike. 14. _____the dark street, there wasn’t a person _____whom I could turn ____help. 15. The hurricane swept____the whole city,causing hundreds _____deaths. 六. 用所给单词或词组的正确形式填空。 （10 分） relax, turn out, speed up, lack, surrounding, assist, take up, suffer, understanding base on,
1. I hadn’t expected that things should have _______like this. 2.The two boys who had quarreled reached an________at last. 3. With the piano ________too much room,the two brothers had to share one room. 4. The girl’s heart often ________while she is talking to a stranger. 5. Our city _______ heavy losses in the great flood. 6. Direct taxation is usually _________income. 7. As we all know,he failed for _______ of experience. 8. The villagers ________the police in their search for missing child. 9. The _____________where a child grows up may have a great effect on his growth. 10. As college entrance examinations are drawing near,you mustn’t ________ your efforts for a moment. 七．完成句子（15 分） 1. Playing games on the Internet _________ _________ (占用) most of his time 2. What I saw ________ ________ ________ (使我想起了) my childhood.
3. When he got there, he _________ _______ ______ (看见) the ship on the sea but soon it was ______ _____ _______ (看不见了). 4. Our classroom should be _________ ________ (打扫) after class every day. 5. He ______ ______ (加快速度) the car in order not to be late. 八、单项填空 (每小题 1 分，满分 25 分) 1. My cousin doesn't know what to ______ at the university; he can't make up his mind about his future. A. take on B. take away C. take up D. take after 2. Thank you for ______ me of the important date. A. remembering B. thinking C. reminding D. expecting 3. I advise you to take school more seriously, otherwise you’ll have to go out and work, _____. A. as a result B. now and then C. in a word D. at that moment 4. —Who came out _______ first in the London Marathon? — Michael. He’s always ________ first to reach the line. A. the; the B. 不填；不填 C. the; 不填 D. 不填; the 5. When you finish reading the book .you will have ________ better understanding of ______life. A. a; the B. the; a C. 不填; the D. a; 不填 6. “How could you lose so much money?” Charlie asked his wife, eyeing her angrily from______ the kitchen table. A. at B. across C. through D. on 7.— What was it, Ted? —Just a(n.) ___________ in my shoulder. It’s gone now. A. injury B. ache C. wound D. pain 8. John couldn’t finish his words _______ something had struck his throat. A. though B. as though C. when D. since 9. For miles around me there was nothing but a desert, without a single plant or tree ______. A. on earth B. for distance C. in sight D. at place 0. He has very sharp eyes; he can ______ sight of things quickly. A. catch B. lose C. raise D. lower 11. Do you know who provides these orphans(孤儿) _______ food and clothing? A. with B. for C. to D. of 12. Christie stared angrily at her boss and turned away, as though ________ out of the office. A. went B. to go C. gone D. would go 13. The murderer has run into the mountain and the policemen are _________ him. A. searching B. questioning C. searching for D. finding 14. It rained last night and the flowers don’t require _________, so he _________ water the flowers. A. being watered; doesn’t need to B. watering; doesn’t need to C. being watering; needn’t D. watering; needn’t to 15. I don’t believe that older people are always wiser. It _______ the person and what kind of experiences he or she has had. A. requires of B. results from C. depends on D. belongs to 16.When ____ ,the museum will be open to the public next year.
A.completed B.completing C.being completed D.to be completed 17.The research is so designed that once ___ nothing can be done to change it. A.begins B.having begun C.beginning D.begun 18.___ ,they went home,___. A.Their work had been finished;singing and laughing B.They had finished their work;sang and laughed C.Their work finished ;singing and laughing D.After their work finished;singing and laughing 19.____ more attention,the trees could have grown better. A.Given B.To give C.Giving D.Having given 20. Unless ________ to speak, you should remain silent at the conference A. invited B. inviting C. being invited D. having invited 21.____,the experiment will be successful. A.If carefully doing B.If it done carefully C.If carefully done D.If doing carefully 22. Friendship is like money: easier made than ______. A. kept B. to be kept C. keeping D. having kept 23. She begins to cry loudly as if_______ bitten by a snake. A.was bitten B. bitten C.bit D.to be bitten 24. If______ it is heated to a high temperature, water will change into vapour A.is heated B.heating C.heated D.to be heated 25. Though_______ of the storm, the farmers were still working in the fields A.warning B.were warned C.warned D.having warned