高中重点句型翻译练习 1. As is known ( to us all ), … = It is known (to us all) that … 2. It seems that sb./sth.… =sb./sth. seems to… It appears (to sb) that …=sb./sth. appears to… 3. It (so)happened that sb./sth.…=sb./sth. happened to… 4. There is/are…. There seems to be… There happened to be… There must have been… There is going to/will be… 5. Sth occurred to sb It (suddenly) occurred to sb that … It never occurred to sb that… = It didn’t occur to sb that… 6. It is said / reported that sb./sth.… = sb / sth is said / reported to do… It is believed that sb./sth.… = sb / sth is believed to do…… 7. It is no good / use doing … They think / consider / feel it no use / good doing It is likely that sb./sth.… = sb / sth is likely to do… It is possible / probable that sb./sth.… 8. It is hard to imagine /say / believe… It is no wonder that… 9. It takes sb. some time to do sth. Sb. takes some time to do sth. Sb. spends time/money doing sth / on sth 10. When/Whenever it comes to sb./sth/doing sth, … 11. It (still) remains a question whether …= Whether … remains a question. Whether … remains to be seen. Whether … ( or not ) mainly depends on … 12. It matters a lot / little whether/who/how… It doesn’t matter whether/who/how… What (really) matters (to sb) is … 13. You make it a rule to do / that… They make it possible / clear (for sb) to do / that … We find / feel / think / consider it +adj. / n. (for sb) to do / that…
We think / consider / feel it a great honor to do sth 14. keep / bear sth in mind → keep / bear in mind that… 15. take sth. for granted take it for granted that … = It is taken for granted that… 16. see to sth. see to it that … = make sure that … 17. I would appreciate it (very much) if you could do sth. I would be grateful/thankful (to sb.) if you could do sth. 18. It won’t be long before … →It will be …before… It is / was the first / second time that … (现在完成时 / 过去完成时) 19. It is up to sb. to do sth. 20. It was+强调部分+ that … Sb. do / does / did +v. 21. not … until 直到……才…… →It is/was not until… that… →Not until… 22. The first time +从句 …= When… for the first time,… Every time / Each time …= Whenever… The moment / The instant / Directly… = As soon as… 一…… 就 23. no sooner … than / hardly … when I had no sooner left than she called. =No sooner had I left than she called. 24. n. / adj. / adv. + as / though + S + V 虽然…… 25. However / No matter how + adj. / adv. + S + V,… whatever / wherever / whenever / whichever / whoever / whomever / whether 26. The more … the more … 27. There is no / not much point in doing … There is no need (for sb) to do … There is no doubt that … There is no possibility of doing / that … There is no denying that … 28. Chances are that … 可能…… 29. since / now that 既然
30. It is / has been some time since … (过去式) It was some time since … (过去完成时) 31. Those who… 32. He is the only one of the students who has passed the exam. He is one of the students who have passed the exam. 33. 倒装 ①全部倒装 ②部分倒装 Only +状语（短语/从句） 34. 祈使句，and / or +陈述句 35. not … but… 36. Word came that … 37. The reason why / for… was / is that ... 38. What impressed / struck us most was that… What matters (to sb.) is that… 39. With the development / improvement / rise / increase / advance / help of … 40. Contrary to one’s wish / expectation / what people (had) expected / thought 41. cannot /never …too / can’t… enough --- 怎样也不过分---42. not necessarily 未必--43. take … into consideration / account 1． 直到回到家她才发现把自行车钥匙忘在了办公室里了。 （not …until） 2． 众所周知， 计算机在我们的日常生活和工作中起着重要的作用。( play ) 3． 众所周知，成功属于那些勤奋工作的人。 （It ） 4． 我们发现很难赶上科技领域的迅速发展。(find it ) 5． 我发现很难与那些一贯固执己见的人合作。 （find it） 6． 给我印象最深的是她的微笑。(impress) 7． 只有到了那时，汤姆才承认自己的错误。(Only ) 8． 正是怀特先生负责这个项目。( it is … who ) 9． 在电脑的帮助下，解这道题只需花你几秒钟的时间。 （take） 10． 毫无疑问实行“五一”、“十一”长假有许多明显的优点。 （there is no doubt…） 11． 你熟悉的词越多，你越会发现比较容易理解一篇文章的内容和意义。 （the more…） 12． 他们答应无论发生什么，他们都会完成这项艰巨的任务。(whatever) 13． 我从来没想到你能干这种事。(occur) 14． 他们成功的原因在于他们能从错误中学到很多。 (the reason for) 15． 他体质差的原因是他不太注意饮食和休息。 (the reason ) 她没有参加昨晚的聚会是因为没有人告诉她。 （why） 16． 快点，要不然我们就要错过火车了。 (or) 17． 跟她解释这事没用.，因为她太年轻，理解不了。 （no use ）
(No sooner…) (those )
20． 他开始做他的功课已两个小时了，可到现在还没完成他的所有作业。(since, so far) 21． 无论计算机如何普及，有些工作必须有人来做。 22． 飞机飞得越高，我们越看不清楚。 (the more) (no matter how)
1． She didn’t find she had left the key to the bicycle in her office until she went back home. 2． It’s well known that the computer plays an important part in our daily life and work. 3． It is well known that success belongs to those who are hardworking. 4． We find/found it difficult to keep up with the rapid development in the field of science and technology. 5． I find it (is) hard to cooperate with those who always stick to their own opinion. 6． What impressed me most was her smile. 7． Only then did Tom admit that he was wrong.. 8． It is Mr White who is responsible for this project. 9． It will take only a few seconds for you to solve this problem with the help of a computer. 10. There is no doubt that there are many obvious advantages to have week long holidays on May Day and National Day. 11. The more words you are familiar with, the easier you will find it to learn the content and meaning of an article. 12. They promise that whatever has happened, they will finish this difficult task. 13. It never occurred to me that you could do such a thing. 14. The reason for their success is that they can learn a lot from their mistakes 15. The reason for his poor health was that he didn’t pay enough attention to his diet and rest. 16. The reason why she didn’t attend the party last night was that nobody had told her about it. 17. Hurry up, or we will miss the train. 18. It’s no use explaining this matter to her, for she is too young to understand it. 19. No sooner had he boarded the plane than he found his watch missing. 20. Those who can’t operate the compute or speak English are not able to obtain / get this job. 21. It is two hours since he started to do his homework, but so far he hasn’t finished all the homework yet. 22. No matter how popular computers are, some work must be done by men.. 23. The higher the plane flies, the less clearly we can see.
★ not … until… / Not until… / It was not until… that 1. 直到会议快要结束时他才露面。 （show up） 2. 直到二十世纪初人们才学会怎样防止这种疾病的蔓延。 (prevent)
3. 直到那时他才意识到他的老师是非常善解人意的。 （considerate） 4. 可惜他们直到事故发生之后才采取措施防止它。 5. 直到上周末收到你的来信时我们才如释负重。 （relieve）
1. Not until the meeting was almost over did he show up. 2. Not until the beginning of the 20th century did people learn how to prevent the disease from spreading. 3. Not until then did he realize that his teacher was very considerate / thoughtful / understanding. 4. it’s a pity that they didn’t take any measures to prevent the accident until it happened. 5. Not until we heard from you last week were we relieved.
★The more… the more.. 1． 你的词汇量越大，你就感到用英语写作越容易。 (feel it + adj. to do ) 2． 人们普遍认为，用脑越多，思维就越活跃。 ( it is generally believed that ) 3． 问题发现得越早，解决起来越容易。 4． 问题越难，我越有可能能够解决他们。 (likely) 5． 我们学习得越多，将来就越能为我们国家工作的越好。 6． 你练习讲英语越多，就越对你有好处。 (do sb good) 7． 我们经常讨论的一个问题是：是否钱越多越幸福。 8． 相对而言，孩子与父母交流越多，越不可能感到忧郁。 (suffer from) 1. The larger vocabulary you have, the easier you’ll feel it to write in English. 2. It is generally / commonly believed that the more one uses his brain, the more active his mind will be. 3. The earlier the problem is found, the more easily it can be solved. 4. The more difficult the problems are, the more likely I am to be able to solve them. 5. The more we learn, the better we’ll be able to work for our country in the future. 6. The more you practise speaking English, the more good it will do you. 7. The topic we often discuss is whether the more money we have, the happier we will be. 8. Relatively speaking, the more children communicate with their parents, the less likely they will suffer from depression.
★No matter how / however + adj. / adv. + S + V 1. 不管这个新体系有多复杂，我们还是要用它。 (complicated) 2．无论社会发展得多快，这个传统应该代代相传。 (pass on) 3．无论他如何努力，他似乎永远学不好物理。 4．不管我们有多忙，下星期我们一定会举行一次欢送会向那些退休工人们表示敬意。(in honor of) 5．不管天有多晚，他从不把今天必须做的事拖到明天。 (put off) 6. 如果我们以一种强烈的意志工作，我们能够克服任何的困难，无论这个困难有多大。
1． No matter how complicated the new system is, we’ll have to use it. 2． However fast the society develops, this tradition should be passed on from generation to generation. 3． It seems that however hard he works, he can never learn physics well. 4． However busy we are, we will certainly give a farewell party in honor of those retired workers next week. 5． However late it is, he never puts off what must be done today till tomorrow. 6． If you work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, however great it is. ★Adj. / adv. / n. / v. + as / though + S + V 1. 虽然他很聪明，但他不愿把全部时间用在学习上。(devote…to) 2. 他很累，但他还是工作到深夜。 (work late into…) 3. 虽然他是个孩子，但对于这个世界他了解很多。 4. 虽然我敬佩他作为一个作家，但我不喜欢他作为一个人。(admire) 1. 2. 3. 4. Clever as he is, he is not willing to devote all his time to his study. Tired as he was, he still worked late into the midnight. Child as he is, he knows a lot about the world. Much as I admire him as a writer, I don’t like him as a man.
★Hardly / scarcely / barely…when no sooner … than 1. 我刚到家，电话铃就响了。 2. 他一到实验室，就开始做实验。 (set out) 3. 这男孩刚打开电脑，他父亲就回家了，叫他做功课。 4. 他一到家就迫不及待地把好消息告诉他父母。(can’t wait…)
1. I had hardly reached home when the phone rang. 2. No sooner had he got to the laboratory than he set out to do the experiment. 3. Hardly had the boy turned on the computer when his father came home and asked him to do his lessons. 4. He had hardly arrived home when he could not wait to tell his parents the good news. ★where / wherever 1. 我已下定决心去最需要我的地方。 2. 那些大学生在毕业之后会去无论他们被需要的地方。 3. 众所周知，药品不应该放在孩子们可以拿到的地方。(accessible) 4. 我会把这本书放在你放的地方，并在我放它的地方做个记号。(make a mark) 1. 2. 3. 4. I’ve made up my mind to go where I’ m needed most. Those college students will go wherever they are needed after graduation. As we all know, medicine should be kept where it is accessible to children. I will put the book where you placed it and make a mark at the place where I put it.
★The first time = when … for the first time Every time / each time = whenever The moment / the instant = as soon as 1. 史密斯先生第一次去杭州时，就被西湖的美所打动。(strike) 2. 第一次坐飞机时，飞机起降时感到不舒服是很正常的。 (it is normal …) 3. 每次他妈妈叫他帮助做家务，他总是假装在看书。 4. 每次我看到这张照片，就让我想起我的学校生活。 （remind） 5. 每次在阅览室看完杂志，请放回原处。(where) 6. 他高中一毕业就去了国外。 7. 虽然好几年没碰到他了，但昨天我一看到他就认出他了。 1. The first time Mr Smith went to Hangzhou, he was struck by the beauty of the West Lake. 2. When you take a plane for the first time, it is normal (for you) to feel uncomfortable while the plane is taking off or landing. 3. Each time his mother asks him to do some housework, he always pretends to be reading (a book). 4. Every time I see the photo, it reminds me of the school life. 5. Each time you finish reading the magazine in the reading room, please put it where it was. 6. He went abroad the moment he graduated from Senior High School. 7. Although I haven’t met him for years, I recognized the moment I saw him. ★This / It is / was the first / second time that … 1. 这是他第一次独立解决这个问题。 2. 这是他们第一次赢得一场正式比赛，因此每个人都欣喜若狂。 3. 这是我第三次没有通过驾驶考试。 1. This is the first time that has solved the problem on his own. 2. It is the first time that they had won a formal match, so everyone was wild with joy. 3. It is the third time that I have failed to pass the driving test. ★It will (not) be …before… （It won’t be long before…） It was (not) …before… 1. 不久我们就要从高中毕业了。 2. 很长一段时间之后他才会回来。 3. 不久一架直升机就到达现场来营救这次飞机失事的幸存者。(on the scene) 4. 很长一段时间之后他才意识到了他的错。 不久他就意识到了他的错。 很快他就意识到了他的错。 (it was before long that…) 5. 过了几分钟我才觉察到刚才发生的事。 （aware） 6. 几年后他们在国外结了婚。 7. 20 年后他的研究成果才最终得到承认。 (recognize) 8. 过了一段时间我的眼睛才适应了黑暗，能够辨别出不同的动物。(make out)
1. It won’t be long before we graduate from Senior High School. 2. It will be a long time before he comes back. 3. It wasn’t long before a helicopter arrived on the scene to rescue the survivors of the plane crash.. 4. It was long before he realized his mistake. It was not long before he realized his mistake. It was before long that he realized his mistake. 5. It was several minutes before I was aware of what had happened just now. 6. It was several years before they got married abroad. 7. It was twenty years before the result of his research was eventually recognized. 8. It was some time before my eyes became used to the dark and could make out different animals. ★It is (has been)…since … 1. 自从我们上次互相见面，几乎已经五年了。 2. 自从我们上次碰面，似乎是一个世纪了。 3. 自她四岁以来，她一直每天练习弹钢琴。 1. It is almost five years since we saw each other last time. 2. It seems a century since we last met. 3. She has been practicing playing the piano every day since she was four.
★Never, Never before, Seldom, Little 1． 我从来没有意识到他有多幽默。 （Never） 2． 我们从来没有比现在更为自己是中国人感到自豪。 （Never） 3． 上海市民的环保意识从来没有像今天这么强。 （Never before） 4． 我很少见到像亨利这样考虑周到的人。(Seldom) 5． 尽管他已经 18 岁了，但他很少意识到与别人交流的重要性。(Seldom) 6． 他几乎不知道所发生的事。(Little)
1. Never have I realized how humourous he is. 2. Never have we been more proud of being Chinese than (we are) now. 3. Never before have the citizens of Shanghai had such a strong sense of environmental protection. 4. Seldom have I seen such a considerate person like Henry. 5. Seldom does he realize the importance of communicating with others though he is already 18 years old. 6. Little did he know what had happened. ★Only + 状语， 倒装 1． 只有在那时， Tom 才承认他错了。
2． 3． 4． 5．
只有在这家商店，我们才能买到如此好的家具。 只有当战争在 1949 年结束后，他才开始了新的生活。 只有不断学习新事物，我们才能与时共进。 只有通过科学的锻炼才能使人延年益寿。
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Only then did Tom admit that he was wrong. Only in this shop can we buy such good furniture. Only when / after the war was over in 1949, was he able to begin a new life. Only by learning the new constantly can we keep up with the times. Only by taking exercise in a scientific way can human beings live a long life.
★So + adj / adv , 部分倒装 that Cl. Such + n , 部分倒装 that Cl. 1． 他的房间太小了，连个床都放不下。 2． 他们对哲学了解很少，以至于其中大多数人根本不能理解讲座。(beyond sb) 3． 时间是如此珍贵，我们不能浪费它。 4． 他全神贯注于阅读以致于没有注意到我们进来。(be absorbed in…) 5． 在口试中，面对两位老师，他紧张得一句话也说不出来。(face) 6． 有噪音我听不清。(make oneself…)
1． So small is his room that a bed can’t be put in. 2． So little did they know about philosophy that the lecture was completely beyond most of them. 3． So precious is time that we can’t afford to waste it. 4． So absorbed was he in reading that he didn’t notice that we came in. 5． So nervous did he feel in the oral test that he couldn’t say a word facing the two teachers. 6． Such a noise was there that I couldn’t make myself heard.
★祈使句 / 名词，or / and … 1. 继续努力（再努力一下） ， 你将来总有一天会成功的。(sure) 2. 多吃水果，你就不用担心缺少维生素。(lack) 3. 听从你医生的意见，否则你的咳嗽会更糟糕。(follow)
1． Keep working hard (Make another effort / Another effort), and you are sure to succeed someday in the future.. 2． Eat more fruit, and you don’t have to worry about lack of vitamins. 3． Follow your doctor’s advice, or your cough will get worse. ★The reason (why )+ 句子 / for (doing ) sth… was / is that Cl. 1． 他从未想到他被拒绝的原因是不会电脑。(turn down)
2． 他们成功的原因在于他们能从错误中学到东西。 3． 他身体差的原因是他不太注意饮食和休息。 4． 他没有参加昨晚的聚会是因为没有人告诉他。
1. It never occurred to him that the reason why he was turned down was that he couldn’t use the computer. 2. The reason for their success is that they can learn from their mistakes. 3. The reason for his poor health was that he didn’t pay enough attention to his diet and rest. 4. The reason why she didn’t attend the party last night was that nobody had told her about it. ★It’s (high / about) time that… / (for sb) to do sth 1． 该你上床睡觉的时候了。 2． 该你下决心的时候了。 3． 你该好好反省一下自己的所作所为。(reflect) 1. It is time for you to go to bed. / it is time that you went to bed. 2. It is high time that you made up your mind. 3. It is high time that you reflected on what you have done. ★By the time… 1． 到他回来为止，我将做完我的回家作业了。 2． 到我回到家时，雨已经停了。 1. By the time he comes back, I will have finished my homework. 2. By the time I came back, the rain had stopped. ★What moved / touched / struck sb was + N. / that What delighted sb (most) was … What surprised / amazed sb was … What interested / worried / troubled / disappointed sb was … 1. 让我们感动的是很多人为事故中的受害者伸出了援助之手。 2. 令我们大家感动的是这位科学家虽身在异乡仍心系祖国。 3. 使我最高兴的是她的礼物正好就是我正想着要买的东西。 4. 令父母担心的是，她已决定不吃早饭。 5. 当时最鼓励我的是老师和朋友的评价。 6. 目前让我头痛的是我背不出所有这些英文单词。 1． What moved / touched / struck us was that many people lent/ gave a (helping) hand to the victims in the accident. 2． What has moved all of us is that the scientist always thinks of his motherland while he is abroad/ while he lives overseas. 3． What delighted me most was that her present was just what I was thinking of buying myself. 4． What worries her parents is that she has decided to skip breakfast.
5． What encouraged me most at that time was the comments of the teachers and friends. 6． What troubles me at the moment is that I can hardly learn all these English words by heart. ★被动语态句子 1． 应该特别强调环保的重要性。(emphasis) 2． 孩子长大后，要鼓励他们做力能所及的家务和学会如何照顾自己。(whatever) 3． 必须采取积极的/ 有效的措施来防止更多的人受到爱滋病的威胁。(threaten) 4． 必须立刻采取行动防止森林大火蔓延。 5． 应该非常注意培养学生的学习习惯。(cultivate) 6． 这些老年人在医院受到了很好的照顾。 7． 应该鼓励中学生参加社区服务。 8． 应该利用每一分钟来练习我们的英语。(use) 1． Special emphasis should be laid/ put/ place on the importance of protecting the environment.( The importance of protecting the environment should be laid special emphasis on. ) 2． When children grow up, they should be encouraged to do whatever housework they can do and learn how to look after themselves. 3． Positive/ Effective measures must be taken to prevent more people from being threatened with AIDS. 4． Immediate action must be taken to prevent the forest fire from spreading. 5． Much attention should be paid to cultivating students’ study habits. 6． The old people are taken good care of in the hospital. 1. Middle school students should be encouraged to take part in community service. 2. Every minute should be made use of to practise our English.
★It is / was (in)convenient (for sb) to do sth If it is convenient to sb, 1. 你从这儿到火车站很方便。 2. 你明天开始工作方便吗？ 3. 既然你的腿目前上着石膏，你四处走动肯定很不方便。(in plaster) 4. 这位科学家现在不方便对这项发明发表评论。 5. 据我所知，在那个社区里购物很方便。 6. 如果你方便的话，请帮我把包裹从邮局取回来。(fetch) 1． It is convenient for you to go to the railway station from here. 2． Will it be convenient for you to start work tomorrow? 3． Since your leg is in plaster at present, it must be inconvenient for you to move around. 4． It is not convenient for the scientist to make comments on this invention now. 5． As far as I know, it is very convenient to do shopping in that community. 6． If it is convenient to you, please fetch the parcel for me from the post office. ★Whenever / When it comes to (doing) sth 1. 说到教育，大部分人认为是一个终生学习。 （lifetime）
2. Tom 说他看过这部电影，但要说到细节，他却一无所知。 3. 无论什么时候涉及到学数学，她就变得很紧张。 4. 当涉及到决定生活目的的时候，甚至最明智的哲学家也只是在猜测。 1. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study. 2. Tom said he had seen the film, but when it came to the details, he knew nothing. 3. She becomes nervous whenever it comes to learning maths. 4. When it comes to determining the purpose of life, even the wisest philosophers are just guessing. ★It is/ was likely that… Sb/ sth be likely to do… 1. 会议可能下星期举行。 2. 据说吸烟可能引起心脏病和其他的疾病。 3. 更有可能喜欢流行歌曲的是年轻人而不是老年人。(rather than) 4. 她打开电视机，但没有发现任何可能使她感兴趣的。 5. 有可能这个新建的语音室不久将向全体师生开放。(be open to) 1. The meeting is likely to be held next week. / it is likely that the meeting will be held next… 2. It is said that smoking is likely to cause heart diseases and other diseases. 3. Young people rather than old people are more likely to prefer pop songs. 4. She turned on the TV, but found nothing that was likely to interest her. 5. It is likely that the newly-built language lab will soon be open to all the teachers and students. ★It is /was (im)possible that…/ it is (im)possible for sb to do sth 1. 从早到晚在空调房间里工作或生活可能会使人生病。 2. 要想让他们彻底了解当地文化是不可能的。 1． It is possible that working or living in an air-conditioned room from morning till night will cause people to get ill. 2． It is impossible for them to have a thorough knowledge of the local culture. ★It is hard to imagine / believe / foresee… 1. 当别的孩子在玩耍的时候，很难想象一个学生能集中思想在课本上。 2. 很难想象这位电影明星在电影界一直活跃了长达半个世纪之久。 （remain） 3. 很难预计她是否下周能康复。 4. 我们很难预见将来，所以眼下我们要做的就是珍惜现在所有的。(cherish) 5. 难以相信他一辈子除了工作没有任何业余爱好。 1. It’s hard to imagine that a student can focus on his textbook while other children are playing. 2. It’s hard to imagine that the film star could remain active in the film circle for as long as half a century.
3. It’s hard to foresee whether she will recover next week. 4. It’s hard for us to foresee the future, so what we should do at present is to cherish what we have now. 5. It’s hard to believe that he hasn’t any hobby except his job all his life. ★It is no /not any good /use doing 1. 牛奶打泼，哭也没用。 2. 世界上没有后悔药，你应该知道重要的是你要全力避免再犯同样的错误。 3. 光学不练是没用的，“熟能生巧”这句话很有道理。 4. 和他们争论没有什么好处。 5. 像那样谈论是没什么好处的，我们必须制定一个计划，然后加以实施。 1．It is no use crying over the spilt milk. 2． It is no use crying over the spilt milk and you should know what’s important is to try your best to avoid making the same mistakes once again. 3．It is no use learning without practice. The saying “Practice makes perfect” is very true. 4．It is no good arguing with them. 5．It is no good talking like that. We must make a plan and carry it out. ★There is no need (for sb) to do sth 1. 阅读时，你不必碰到每个新单词就查字典。 2. 你没有不要对自己太苛刻。(be hard on) 3. 既然你们已经达成协议，就没有必要求助于律师。 4. 没有必要把我看作是你的老师，我们可以相互学习。
1． There is no need for you to look up for every new word you come across/ meet with / run into while (you are) reading / in reading. 2. There is no need for you to be so hard on yourself. 3. Now that you have reached / arrived at an agreement, there is no need to turn to the lawyer. 4. There is no need to look on me as your teacher and we can learn from each other. ★There is no doubt that… 1． 毫无疑问，每个人都有选择自己生活方式的权利。 2． 毫无疑问，政府将采取措施防止这种疾病的蔓延。 3． 毫无疑问，教育应将重点放在学生的个性发展上，而不是分数上。(personality) 4． 毫无疑问，她能达到目标，因为她坚信：有志者，事竟成。 1. There is no doubt that everybody has a right to choose his own way of living/ life. 2. There is no doubt that the government will take measures to prevent this disease from spreading. 3. There is no doubt that education should put / lay emphasis on the development of students’ personality instead of marks/ scores. 4. There is no doubt that she can accomplish her ambition, because she firmly believes/ holds a firm belief that where there is a will, there is a way.
★There is no/ little possibility that.. / of doing… 1. 一个小时之内完成这份试卷是不可能的。 2. 不久的将来人们有可能找到石油的替代品吗？(substitute) 3. 那些过多地注意荣誉和金钱的科学家不可能获得诺贝尔奖。 1. There is no possibility that the examination paper can be finished within one and a half hours. 2. Is there any possibility of people’s finding a substitute for oil in the near future? 3. There is little possibility that the scientists who pay too much attention to honour and money will be awarded the Noble Prize. ★There is no / not much / any point (in) doing … 1. 进一步讨论这个事没什么意义。 2. 向他们埋怨没有什么意义，他们根本不会理睬。(take any notice) 3. 你认为和她为鸡毛蒜皮的小事争论不休有意义吗？ 1． There is no point in discussing the issue further. 2． There is not much point in complaining to them; they never take any notice. 3． Do you think there is any point arguing with her over such small matters?
★There is no denying that … 1. 不可否认，他们的生活质量每况愈下。 2. 不可否认，电脑使我们的生活更方便，但也存在有一些问题。(there exist) 1. There is no denying that the quality of their life has gone form bad to worse. 2. there is no denying that computers make our life more convenient, but there exist some problems. ★There happened/s to be There seemed/s to be 1． 今天下午碰巧有一个会议。 2． 那只用报纸包起来的瓶子里碰巧有治压痛的药。 3． 所幸爆炸发生时屋里恰好没人。 4． 似乎没有理由推迟这个讲座。 5． 似乎没有多大他会来的希望。 6． 对提出的建议似乎没有反对意见。 1. There happens to be a meeting this afternoon. 2. There happens to be some medicine for toothache in the bottle wrapped in the newspaper. 3. Fortunately there happened to be no one in the house at the time of the explosion. (Fortunately it happened that there was no one…) 4. There seems to be no reason to postpone the lecture.
5. There doesn’t seem to be much hope that he’ll come / of him coming. 6. There seem to be no objections to the suggestion put forward by Mr. Johnson.
★It matters much / a lot It matters little = it doesn’t matter 1． 对一名求职者而言，能否给面试官留下良好的第一印象至关重要。 2． 去做值得做的事情至关重要。 3． 如果你迟到，没多大关系。 4． 谁提出这个建议无关紧要，只要这个建议使我们得益处。 1． It matters a lot whether a job hunter/ seeker can make a good first impression on the interviewer. 2． It matters much to do what is worth doing. 3． It doesn’t matter if you’re late. 4． It matters little who puts forward the suggestion as long as the suggestion benefits us. ★What (really) matters (to sb) is …. 1． 对我们来说，重要的不是赢，而是参与。 2． 真正重要的是不在于别人怎样看待你，而是你怎样看待自己。 3． 我们能赚多少钱无关紧要，对我们来说，重要的是保持健康。 1． What matters to us is not to win but to take part. 2． What really natters is not how others feel about you but what you think of yourself. 3．It doesn’t matter how much money we can earn, but what really matters to us is to keep fit / healthy. ★not …but 1. 真正重要的不是你所说的， 而是你所做的。(it is … that ) 2. 使我惊讶的不是他所说的话，而是他说话的方式。 3. 遇到困难时，我们需要的不是彼此埋怨，而是相互帮助。
1． It is not what you say but you do that really counts / matters. 2． What surprised me was not what he said but the way he said it. 3． When we meet with difficulties, what we need is not to complain to each other but to help each other. ★It is obvious / apparent that 1. 这部电影显然不适合青少年。 2. 很显然，定期进行体育锻炼对我们的健康有益处。 3. 很显然，这两个国家经常的交流已加强了他们的关系。
1． It is obvious that this film is not suitable for teenagers. 2． It is obvious that doing physical exercise regularly is beneficial to our health. 3． It is obvious that the frequent exchanges between the two countries have strengthened
their friendship. ★Bear / keep sth in mind Bear / keep in mind that… 1．我总是牢记我母亲所说的话。 2．开车时， 每位驾驶员都必须牢记任何的疏忽都可能造成事故，甚至死亡。 3．我们要牢记我国是个严重的缺水大国。 4．我们必须牢记年轻人不经历风雨就不能见彩虹。
1. I always bear in mind what my mother has said to me. 2. While driving every driver must bear in mind that any carelessness will cause an accident and even death. 3. We must keep in mind that ours is a large country that lacks water badly. 4. We must keep in mind that young people will achieve nothing without experiencing difficulties. ★Take sth for granted Take it for granted that … 1. 不要想当然的认为毕业后总能找到工作。 2. 子女赡养父母是天经地义的。 3. 我们经常把父母提供给我们的衣食当作理所当然的事。 4. 理所当然的认为一个小孩喜欢吃任何提供给他的东西，他可能就会这样。 1． Never take it for granted that you can always find a job after graduation. 2． It is often taken for granted that sons and daughters should support their parents. 3． We often take it for granted that our parents should provide us with clothing and food. 4． Take it for granted that a child likes to eat whatever is offered to him and he probably will. ★find / feel / think / consider + it + adj. / n + to do sth / that… 1. 我们觉得很难赶上科技领域的迅速发展。 2. 我感到教会学生尊重他国文化是我的责任。 3. 我发现很有必要记一些代代相传的谚语。 4. 你认为不背一个单词就能学好一门外语吗？ 5. 你认为把高中未毕业的孩子送到国外留学有必要吗？ 一旦养成了抽烟的习惯，你会发现很难戒悼它。 1． We feel / felt it difficult to keep up with the rapid development in the field of science and technology. 2． I feel it my duty to teach my students to respect other cultures. 3． I find it necessary to memorize some proverbs which have been passed (on) from generation to generation. 4． Do you think it possible to learn a foreign language well without learning a single word by heart? 5． Do you think it necessary to send the children who have not graduated from senior high school to study abroad?
6． Once you have formed the habit of smoking, you’ll find it hard to get rid of it. ★Make it + adj + to do / that … Make + O + adj. 1. 是你的帮助使我们能在旅游季节住到一个中国人的家里。 2. 我感激你的好意使得这样的经历对外国学生成为可能。 3. 邻居们明确表明，如果约翰继续播放摇滚乐直到深夜，他们要向警方投诉。 4. 随着现代科技的发展，太空勘探已成可能。 5. 我必须表明清楚我不去那儿。 1． It was your help that make it possible for us to stay with a Chinese family during the tourist season. 2． I appreciate your kindness in making such experiences possible for foreign students. 3． The neighbours have make it clear that if John continues to play rock music deep into the night, they will complain to the police. 4． Space exploration has been made possible with the development of modern science and technology. 5． I must make it clear that I won’t go there. ★Make it a rule to do / that … 1． 他们已经形成规律每隔一周聚会一次交流收集到的信息。 2． 我们订了一个规则，由值日生用英语讲每日新闻。 3． 这所学校规定：学生不许将手机带进校园。 4. 我规定每天早上大声朗读英语。 1. They have made it a rule to have a meeting every other week to exchange the information they have collected. 2. We have made it a rule that the student on duty should tell us the daily news in English. 3.The school makes it a rule that students are not allowed to take mobile phones to the campus / school. 4. I make it a rule to read English aloud every morning. ★It is up to sb to do sth 1. 这个周末去野餐还是去游泳，由你决定。 2. 做广告旨在吸引消费者，但是否买一个产品还是由消费者决定。(intend) 3. 我们有责任帮助那些有困难的人。 4. 在大学，靠你自己去阅读和理解老师给你的材料。 1. It is up to you to decide whether to go for a picnic or to go swimming this weekend. 2. Advertising is intended to attract consumers, but it is up to the consumers to decide whether to buy a product. 3. It is up to us to help those in need / trouble. 4. In college, it is up to you to read and understand the materials given by your teachers. ★See to it that … = make sure that … 1. 离开实验室之前请务必关好门窗。 2. 你最好回去确认一下所有的药瓶都严密保管。
3. 我已被告知，简会负责你的计划很快投入实施。 1. Please see to it that the doors and the windows are closed before you leave the lab. 2. you’d better go back and see to it that all the medicine bottle are under lock and key. 3. I have been told that Jane will see to it that your plan is quickly put into practice.
★It is (generally) believed / thought that… 1. 人们普遍相信街头暴力的增加和电视上的恐怖片有密切的关系。 2. 大家普遍相信没有必要个学生太多的作业。 3. 说实话， 人们通常认为在校学习的每一门课程都各自有用。 1. It is generally believed that the growth of the street violence is closely related to horror films on TV. 2. It is generally believed that there is no need to assign too much homework to students. 3. To tell you the truth, it is generally thought that every subject that students learn at school is useful in its own way.
★I would appreciate it (very much ) if you could … I appreciate one’s kindness in doing sth 1. 如果你能帮我一个忙我将不胜感激。 1. 如果你能带我参观一下你们的校园，我将非常感谢。 2. 我感激你为我从网上得到这么多的有关国际贸易的信息。 3. 我感激你的好意使得这样的经历对外国学生成为可能。 1．I would appreciate it (very much ) if you could do me a favor. 2. I would appreciate it very much if you could show me around your campus. 3. I appreciate your kindness in getting so much information on international trade / business for me on the Internet. 4. I appreciate your kindness in making such experiences possible for foreign students. ★those who… 1.只有勇敢面对挑战的人才有可能成功。 2.只有患过重病的人才真正明白健康对于一个人意味着什么。 3.人们对于那些乐于帮助他人脱离困境的人总是满怀感激之情。 4.对我们公司生产的产品感兴趣的人，请与我们联系。 5.那些志愿去做好事的人从来不图金钱的回报，他们认为只有这样才能问心无愧。 6.那些空难的辛存者永远忘不了那可怕的经历 1. Only those who face the challenge bravely are likely to succeed. 2. Only those who have suffered from serious illness are really aware of what health means to a person。 3. People are always grateful to those who are ready to help others out of trouble. 4. Those who are interested in the products made in our company, please contact us. 5. Those who volunteer to do good deeds never ask for money in return. They think only in this way can they have a clear conscience.
6. Those who survived the plane crash will never forget their horrible / frightening experience. ★Be to blame (for sth) 1． 我只能依靠你找出谁对大火造成的损失负责。 2． 我认为这次失败不该怪吉姆。 3． 依我看，你自己应该为这次实验的失败负责。 1． I can only depend on you to find out who is to blame for the damage caused by the great fire. 2． I don’t think Jim is to blame for the failure. 3． In my opinion, you yourself are to blame for the failure in the experiment. ★Contrary to one’s expectation / wish Contrary to what sb expected / thought, 1. 与人们预料的相反，那所大学女生的比例正在下降。 2. 与我们的愿望相反，我们篮球队昨天没有赢得比赛。 3. 与二十年前人们的预言相反，现在越来越多的年轻人离开父母独立生活。 4. 和人们的期望相反，这个学校的暴力问题的数量不降反升。 5. 和我早先想的相反，菲力普已经证明是成功的。 1． Contrary to what people expected, the proportion of the girl students in that university is declining . 2． Contrary to our wish, our basketball team failed to win the game yesterday. 3． Contrary to what was expected 20 years ago, more and more young people leave their parents and live on their own. 4． Contrary to what people expected, the number of violence problems in this school has not decreased, but increased. 5． Contrary to what I thought, Philip has proved to be successful. ★With the development / increase / help / rise / improvement of… 1. 随着经济的飞速发展，中国在国际事务中起着越来越大的作用。 2. 随着人口的飞速增长，水资源的缺乏成了一个大问题。 3. 在医生的帮助下，他父亲的重感冒已完全好了。(recover from) 4. 随着超市的兴起，购物对我们来说变得越来越方便。 5. 活水平的提高，越来越多的人想要周游世界。(make a tour) 1． With the rapid development of economy, China is playing a greater role in international affairs. 2． With the rapid increase in population, the lack of water resources becomes / is becoming a big problem. 3． With the help of the doctors, his father has recovered from a bad cold. 4． With the rise of supermarkets, it is becoming more and more convenient for us to do shopping. 5. With the improvement of living conditions, more and more people want to make a tour around the world.
★Cannot /never …too + adj. / adv. 1. 在交网络朋友时，你怎么小心也不为过。 2. 做这个决定你越小心越好，由于它是如此重要。 3. 吉姆聪明又谦虚，总之，我怎么表扬他也不为过。 4. 我们再怎么强调保护眼睛的重要性也不为过。 1. 2. 3. 4. You cannot be too careful when making net friends. you cannot be too careful in making the decision as it was so important. Jim is bright and modest. In a word, I can never speak too highly of him. we cannot emphasize the importance of protecting our eyes too much..
★Not necessarily 1. 一般说来，价格越高，质量越好，但这并不一定对， 2. 取得大学文凭的人不一定就是人才。 3. 钱越多未必越幸福，许多事实证明了这一点。 4. 名气并不一定意味着成功。 1． Generally speaking, the higher the price is, the better the quality will be, but this is not necessarily true. 2． Whoever obtains university diploma is not necessarily a talent. 3． Having more money doesn’t necessarily mean you are happier, and many facts have proved it. 4． Fame doesn’t necessarily mean success.