本试卷分两大部分，共 150 分
命题人：石油中学 第一部分 英语知识运用（共四节，满分 55 分） 第一节 语音知识（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 从每小题 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，找出其划线部分与所给单词的划线部分读音相同的选 项 1.cube 2.innocent 3.valid 4.crierion 5.bear A. product B. compulsory C. current D. perfume C. competence D. product lantern C. practical D. indicate D. exit 葛淑伟
A. helicopter B. convenient A. walnut B. abrupt B. triangle C.
A. associate A. wear
第二节 情景对话（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 根据对话情景和内容，从对话手所给的选项中选出能填入每一空白处的最佳选项。选项 中有两个为多余选项。 Jerry: Hi , Mike. Look like you’ve got some sun .
Mike: I guess so. I spent the weekend on the beach. Jerry: Really? That sounds exciting. __6__ Mike:At my friend’s house .He invited me to stay there for as long as I wanted . Jerry: __7__ Mike: Oh, I have a paper to work on. Jerry: _8__ I mean besides lying out in the sun. Mike: I play some volleyball . I never realized how hard it is to run on sand. Jerry: _9__ Did you go swimming? Mike: I intended to . __10__So I just went fishing. Jerry: All sounds so relaxing. A. What a pity! C.Where did you stay ? B.It must be cool. D. But how did you get there ? F.But the water wasn’t warm enough
E.So what else did you do out there ?
G..Then why not stay there for a longer time?
第三节 语法和词汇知识(共 15 小题,每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) 从每小题的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该 选项涂黑. 11. --- How about going out for a picnic on Sunday morning? --- Hmm. ______. The weather is very good these days. A. Yes, why not B. Well, no way C. Oh, never mind D. Sure, no matter
12. The winning of hosting ______ 2010 World Expo is ______ victory not only for Shanghai residents, but for the people of the whole Chinese nation. A. the; a B. a; the C. a; a D. the; the
13. We are making progress every day in computer science and some of the techniques are ______ very soon. A. on the way out B. in the way out C. by the way toD. on the way towards
14. Underground railway is being built in Shenyang. We are sure to take the subway to ______ in the city in no time. A. get through B. get around C. get together D. get over
15. Our success was largely _____ the good cooperation of all team members. A. because B. result from C. due to D. thanks to
16. After he had played on the football field one game daily for a week, his strength seemed to have ______. A. put out B. got out C. gone out D. run out
17. He called another girl, ______ was more suitable for the position. A. he believed B. who he believed C. he believed she D. whom he believed
18. ______, I have to put the book away and focus my attention on study this weekend. A. However the story is amusing C. However amusing is the story B. No matter how amusing is the story D. No matter how amusing the story is
19. --- I will come to your lecture at 10:00 am. tomorrow. --- I’m sorry. By then my lecture ______ and I ______ my guests in my office. A. will end; am being met C. will have ended; will be meeting B. have ended; will meet D. will have ended; will have met
20. At the United Nations Climate Change Conference, the UN Secretary General pointed out that, ______, the climate situation would get worse and worse.
A. if not dealing with properly C. if properly dealt with
B. unless dealing with properly D. unless properly dealt with
21. --- I’ll tell Mary about our changes tomorrow. --- What? You ______ her yesterday. A. ought to tell B. must have told C. might have told D. should have told
22. Some people argue that university education should be made _____ to most people, not only to good students. A. available B. considerable C. varied D. extinct
23. The President said to the public, “______ hoped that people in the area will recover from the terrible disaster soon.” A. This is B. There is C. That is D. It is
24. --- Which school are you studying in? --- One which is ______ the Liaoning Teachers’ University. A. impressed with B. attached to C. sceptical of D. involved in
25. To greatly raise people’s living conditions, _______. A. all kinds of measures have taken B. they have taken all kinds of measures
C. it is said that they have taken all kinds of measures D. I think they have taken all kinds of measures 第四节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） I used to live selfishly, I should admit. But one moment changed me. I was on my lunch break and had 26 way, I 27 a Busker(街头艺人)，with a hat in front of him. I had some 28 in my pocker, but I would not give them to him, thinking to myself he would 29 use the money to feed his addiction to drugs or alcohol. He 30 like that type-young and ragged. 31 what was I going to spend the money on ? Only to feed my addiction to Coca-Cola or chocolate! I then 32 I had no right to place myself above 33 just because he was busking. I 34 and dropped all the coins into his 35, and he smiled at me, I watched for more to come from that moment—a the office to ger something to eat . On the
a while. As 36 as it sounds, I expected something
feeling of 37 or satifaction, for example. But nothing happened 38 , I walked off. “It proved to be a waste of 39 ,”I thought.
On my way home at the end of the 40, I saw the busker again and he was 41 . I watched him pick up the hat and walk 42 a cafe counter. There he poured the 43 contents into a tin collecting 44 an earthquake fund-raising(募捐) event. He was busking for charity(慈善)！ Now I donate any 45 I have to charity tins and enjoy the feeling of giving. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. A. left A. led A. chocolates A. almost A. acted A. Though A. declared A. it A. waited A. rag A. selfish A. happeiness A. Disappointedly A. words A. moment B. cleaned B. chose B. coins B. only B. looked B. For B. realized B. all B. followed B. hat B. awkward B. sadness C. prepared C. saw C. tins C. rather C. sounded C. Therefor C. expected C. him C. stopped C. pocket C. innocent C. love D.searched D. fooled D. drugs D. still D.smelt D. But D. guessed D. them D. arrived D. counter D. special D. hate D. Comfortably D. money D. event D. running off D. to D. total D. with D.change
B. Unfortunately C. Coincidentally B. effort C. space C. break C. packing up C. behind C. actual C. on C. energy
B. day B. passing by B. in B. basic B. for B. time
A. walking around A. around
43.A. chief 44.A.by 45.A.work
第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列四篇短文，从每小题后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该选项涂黑。 A Have you seen Jurassic Park? In this film, scientists use DNA kept for tens of
millions of years to clone dinosaurs. They find trouble, however, when they realize that the cloned creatures are smarter and more dangerous than expected. That’s nothing more than a fiction. But could we really clone endangered animals? To date, the most successful attempt to do so was the cloning of a gaur, a rare ox-like animal from southeast Asia. Scientists used a cow to bring the cloned baby gaur, named Noah. Two days after birth, however, Noah died from a common bacterial infection. Other endangered species that may be cloned include the African bongo antelope (邦戈羚羊), the Sumatran tiger, the cheetah (猎豹), and the giant panda. Next, could we really clone extinct animals? In theory? Yes. To do this, you need a well-kept source of DNA from the extinct animals such as wool mammoth (毛象), Tasmanian tiger, or even dinosaur, and a closely related species, still living, which could serve as a surrogate mother. In reality? Probably not. On the one hand, it’s not likely that extinct animals’ DNA could survive undamaged for such a long time. Cloning extinct animals as wool mammoth, Tasmanian tiger, or dinosaur is much more difficult due to the lack of properly well-preserved DNA. On the other hand, for example, a gaur can have a cow as a surrogate mother, definitely not a monkey. But what about an extinct animals as unique as the panda? What species could possibly serve as a surrogate mother? Cloning presents many exciting possibilities. However, even if extinct animals are brought back, they could not survive in today’s world. Not only do most extinct animals have no habitat to love in, but the other plants and animals they depended on for food may also be gone as well. 46. It can be learned from the text that ________. A. scientists have cloned the African bongo antelope B. both the cheetah and the giant panda live in Asia C. the gaur lives in Asia and is endangered D. the gaur is an extinct species 47. The underlined words “a surrogate mother” probably refer to a female who ______. A. contributes its eggs to another female B. gives birth to a baby for another female
C. gives birth to a baby of its own
D. cannot give birth to a baby
48. The difficulty in cloning an extinct species is the lack of ______. A. both the well-preserved DNA and plants to live on B. both the habitat to live in and the well-preserved DNA C. both habitat to live in and plants to live on D. both the well-preserved DNA and a surrogate mother 49. In the author’s opinion, it is possible that ______. A. some extinct species may be cloned, but not survive B. extinct species may be cloned and easily survive C. a gaur can have a monkey as a surrogate mother D. all the extinct species may be cloned B Research advances over the past decade have told us that, with a little work, we humans can clone just about anything we want, from frogs to monkeys and probably even ourselves! So, we can clone things, but why would we want to? Of all the reasons, cloning for medical purposes most probably benefit large numbers of people. How might cloning be used in medicine? 1. Cloning animal models of disease Much of what researchers learn about human disease comes from studying animal models such as mice. Often, animal models are genetically engineered to carry
disease-causing mutations (变异) in their genes. Creating these transgenic(转基因 的) animals is a process that requires trial-and-erro and several generations of breeding ( 培 育 ). Cloning technologies might reduce the time needed to make a transgenic animal model, and the result would be a population of genetically identical animals for study. 2. Cloning stem cells (干细胞) for the treatment of diseases Stem cells are the body’s bulding blocks, responsible for developing and repairing the body throughout life. As a result, they might be used to repair damaged or diseased organs and tissues. Researchers are currently looking up cloning as a way to create certain human stem cells for the treatment of diseases.
3. Cloning farm animals for drug production Farm animals such cows, sheep and goats are currently being genetically engineered to produce drugs or proteins that are useful in medicine. Just like creating animal models of disease, cloning might be a faster way to produce large numbers of genetically engineered animals. 50. From Purpose One, we can infer that ______. A. most transgenic animals are cloned B. most animals carry engineered genes C. most transgenic animal models are not cloned D. most animals carry disease-causing mutations in their genes 51. It can be learned from Propose Two that cloning technologies can be mainly used to _____. A. create damaged or diseased organs and tissues B. clone genetically defined human stem cells C. develop and maintain the body D. repair the body throughout life
52. According to Purpose Three, cloning technologies can be mainly used to ______. A. speed up the producing of genetically engineered animals B. produce drugs or proteins that are useful in medicine C. raise genetically engineered cows, sheep and goats D. produce large herds of animals for human beings C It was Molly's job to hand her father his brown paper lunch bag each morning before heheaded off to work..One morning，in addition to his usual lunch bag，Molly handed him a second paper bag.This one was worn and held together with staples(书钉)． “Why two bags？”her father asked.“The other is something else，”Molly answered.“What's in it？”“Just some stuff(东西)．Take it with you.” Not wanting to discuss the matter，he put both sacks into his briefcase，kissed Molly and rushed off.At midday he opened Molly's bag and took out the contents： two hair ribbons(丝带)，three small stones，a plastic dinosaur，a tiny sea shell， a small doll，and 13 pennies...The busy father smiled，finished eating，and swept the desk clean into the wastebasket，Molly's stuff included.
That evening， Molly ran up behind him as he read the paper.“Where's my bag？”“What bag？”“The one I gave you this morning.”“I left it at the office.Why？”“I forgot to put this note in it，”she said.“And，besides，Daddy，the things in the sack are the things I really like—I thought you might like to play with them.You didn't lose the bag，did you，Daddy？”“Oh，no，”he said，lying.“I just forgot to bring it home.I'll bring it tomorrow.”While Molly hugged her father's neck，he unfolded the note that read：“I love you，Daddy.”Molly had given him her treasures—all that a 7?year?old held dear. Love in a paper bag，and he missed it—not only missed it，but had thrown it in the wastebasket.So back he went to the office.Just ahead of the night janitor(看 门人)，he picked up the wastebasket.He put the treasures inside and carried it home carefully.The bag didn't look so good，but the stuff was all there and that's what counted. After dinner，he asked Molly to tell him about the stuff in the sack.It took a long time to tell.Everything had a story or a memory. “Sometimes I think of all the great times in this sweet life，” he thought. We should all remember that it's not the destination that counts in life，but the journey.That journey with the people we love is all that really matters.It is such a simple truth but it is so easily forgotten. 53．Why did Molly give her father a second bag? A．She didn't want to keep the things in the bag. B．She hoped those things would bring happiness to her father. C．She wanted to remind her father of the stories behind the things. D．She enjoyed playing with her father. 54．How did Father deal with the bag after he opened it? A．He kept it in the drawer. B．He took it back home.
C．He threw it into the wastebasket. D．He put it on his table. 55．After father heard what his daughter said，he felt ________. A．regretful B．surprised C．sad D．satisfied
56．Which of the following is the most suitable title of the passage? A．An important journey B．Two bags
C．Father and daughter
D．Love in a paper bag D
I grew up in a small town. My father raised chickens and ran a construction company. I was only 10 years old when my dad gave me the responsibility of feeding the chickens and cleaning up the coop. He believed it was important for me to have those jobs to learn responsibility. Then, when I was 22, I found a job in Natchbill at a country music club called the Natchbill Palace. I washed dishes and cooked from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm and then went on to sing until 2:00 in the morning. It wasn’t long before I became known as a singing cook. I had been rejected so many times by record companies that it was hard not to be discouraged. One night, a woman executive ( 主管 ) from a company named Warner Brothers Records came to hear me sing. When the show was over, we sat down and talked, and after she left, I said to myself it was one more rejection. A few weeks later, my manager received a phone call — Warner Brothers Records wanted to sign a record deal with me. Soon after, I released my first record in June 1986. It sold over 2 million copies. My best efforts have gone into every job I’ve ever held. It was the sense of responsibility that made me feel like a man. Knowing that I had done my best filled me with pride. I still feel that way today, even though I have become a well-known singer. 57. The main purpose of the writer’s dad by letting him feed the chickens and clean up the coop was ____________. A. to let him learn responsibility B. to let him earn his own living
C. to let him help with the company D. to let him spend his spare time 58. Why was the writer once known as a singing cook? A. Because he was a cook at a country music club. B. Because he sang for guests while he worked as a cook. C. Because he often sang while cooking. D. Because he liked singing better than cooking. 59. ________ first recognized his talents and helped to make his career successful. A. Warner’s brothe B. His manager
C. His father
D. A woman executive
60. What made the writer proud of himself? A. His ability to live independently. B. His sense of responsibility in whatever he did. C. His courage in the face of rejections. D. His hard work in his early years. 第二节（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从下框的 A~F 选项中选出能概括每一段主题的最佳选项。选项中有一项 为多余项。 AGift giving proven to be valuable. B.Memories from gift giving C.Moments and events for gift giving D.Various functions of gift giving E.Gitt giving as a wasteful practice F.Gift giving as a two-way social activity Gift Giving 61. There are many occasions （场合） for giving gifts in modern industrialinzed societies;birthdays,naming ceremonies, weddings, anniversaries, New Year, It is common to give gifts on many of these celebrations in western cultures. In addition, special events, such as one’ s first day of school or graduation from university, often require gift fiving. 62. What is happening when we give gifts? Most important, we are exchanging gifts. If someone gives me a gift for my birthday, I know that I am usually expected to give one on his or her next birthday. A gift builds up or confirms a social oblingation （义务）. 63. Gifts tighten personal relationships and provide a means of communication between loved ones. People say that a gift lets the recipient（接受者） know we are thinking of them, and that we want to make the person “feel special.”We want people to feel wanted, to feel part of our social or family group. We give presents to say “I’m
sorry.”Sometimes it is difficult for us to find a present that someone will like. Sometimes we give things that we like or would frrl comfortable with. In all these cases, the gifts are sending out messages－often very expressive ones. 64. People tend to talk about presents in a fairly loving way. A woman whose mother had died years ago described the many gifts around her house.These were gifts that her mother had given her over the years:“I appreciate these, and they mean something to me,”the woman said,“because I remember the occasions they were given on, and that they were from my mother, and the relationship we’ve had.”The gifts remain and keep the relationship alive in mind. This woman felt the same way about the gifts she gave to others. She hoped that the recipients would look at here gifts in years to come and 65. Emotions(情感)like these suggest that a positive spirit still lies behind gift giving. They prove that the anthropologist Claude Levi-Strauss was wrong to say that modern western gift giving is highly wasteful. Studies in Canada and elsewhere have also shown that this is not the case. Each gift is unique even if so many are given.The emotional benefit for those who exchange gifts is the very reason for the tradition to continue. 第三部分 写作（共三节，满分 55 分）
第一节 单词拼写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据下列各句句意和空白之后的汉语提示词，在答题卡指定区域的横线上写出对应单词 的正确形式，每空只写一词。 66. The brothers d_____ widely in their tastes. 67. The question is quite s_________ , while that one is much more complicated. 68. She r_______ from the competition after pulling a leg muscle. 69. Smoking is f_____ in public places. 70. His suggestion sounds quite r_________ to most of us. 71. The film was a _____ (商业的) success. 72. I’d like to come, too, if you have no _____(反对). 73. He ______ (仅仅)asked us our names.
74. There were strong ______ (争论) for and against the plan. 75. He always managed to ______(得到)what he wanted. 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共 有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（^） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线（ ） ，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
注意：1.每处错误及修改均仅限一词; 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 One day I happen to find a chatting room on my QQ there people were chatting in English.I tried to chat with some of them.To my surprised，I found the oral English of some junior students were better than mine.I asked them for an advice and they told me to practise more on QQ.But every day I would spend one hour practise my oral English on QQ.Day after day I learned many useful words and expressions.With time went by，I found that I could even communicate college students freely. 第三节 书面表达（满分 30 分） 假定你是李华。你们学校和一所美国中学签署了教师交流协议。在过去的一年里，你们 的英文老师是来自这所中学的 Sue Wood。不久前她返回美国任教。请你根据写作要点和要求 给 Sue 写封电子邮件。 写作要点： 1.对她表达感谢之意; 3.希望了解她的近况。 要求： 1.短文须写在答题卡的指定区域。 3.内容充实，结构完整，语意连贯。 5.邮件中不能体现本人真实信息。 Dear Sure, I’m Li Hua, one of your students in China. 2.短文词数不少于 100（不含已写好的部分） 。 4.书写须清晰、工整。 2.介绍她离开后你自己及班里发生的事情;
第一部分 英语知识运用 语音知识 1-5 DCCBA 情景对话 6-10CGEBF 单项选择 11—15 AAABC 16—20 DBDCD 21—25 DADBB 完型填空 26—30 ACBBB 31—35 DBCCB 36—40 AAADB 41—45 CDDBD 阅读理解 46—49 CBDA 50—52 CBA 53—56 BCAD 57-60 ABDB 61—65 CFDBA 单词拼写 66. differ 67. straightforward 68. retired 69. forbidden 70. reasonable 71. commercial 72. objection 73. merely 74. arguments 75. obtain 短文改错 One day I happen to find a chatting room on my QQ there people were chatting in happened where English.I tried to chat with some of them.To my surprised ，I found the oral English surprise of some junior students were better than mine.I asked them for an\ advice and they was told me to practise more on QQ.But every day I would spend one hour practise my oral So practising English on QQ.Day after day I learned many useful words and expressions.With time by As went by，I found that I could even communicate∧ college students freely. with Dear Sure, I’m Li Hua, one of your students in China. It’s almost a month since you left us. We all miss you and are very grateful for what you did for us. We are busy as usual. We had an English speech contest the other day. I won the first prize! This again reminds me of all your kind help. Do you still remember the trees we planted together on the hill behind the school? Yesterday, we went there and watered them. The tree you planted yourself is growing well, and the whole class decided to name it Sue Wood. Will you come back to see Sue Wood? How is everything with you lately? We hope to know more about you and your American students. Hope to keep in close touch. All the best Li Hua