语法练习（分词和定语从句） 语法练习（分词和定语从句） 1. She apologized for _____ the party. A. not her being able to attend B. her not being able to attend C. her being able not to attend D. her being notable to attend 2. I advised _____ ， but he turned me a deaf ear. A. him not to smoke again B. him to smoke not again C. him to not smoke again D. not him to smoke again 3. Weighing five hundred pounds， _____. A. the cupboard could not be moved. B. she could not move the cupboard. C. the cupboard was too heavy for one person to move. D. the cupboard was unable to move. 4. Asked about the new play， ____. A. his answer was confident B. he was confidently answered C. he answered confidently D. his answers were confident 5. _____ black clouds covering the sky， he stopped his work and went home. A. To see B. Having been seeing C. Seeing D. having to see 6. _____ ， the inhabitants fled. A. The city taken B. The city having been taken C. Having taken the city D. The city being taken 7. _____ ， he works very late at nigh. A. Having been choosing director B. Choosing director C. Having chosen director D. Being chosen director 8. Does he have difficulty _____ English？ A. to speak B. speak C. speaking D. spoke 9. In winter we go _____ on the hill. A. skiing B. to ski C. ski D. for ski 10. She _____ playing volley-ball very much. A. has B. wants C. lets D. enjoys 11. The reason _____ I can‘t come is that I have to prepare for the coming exam. A. for B. as C. because D. why 12. She studied hard at school when she was young； _____ contributes to her success in her career. A. that B. so that C. so D. which 13. Sound waves travel in the air in much the same way _____ water waves spread on the water. A. as B. that C. where D. in which
14. I‘ve got a bottle of beer， but I haven’t got anything _____ I can open it with. A. that B. what C. where D. which 15. Writers can accurately describe objects ______ have never seen. A. who B. if they C. they D. that 16. It wasn‘t such a good present _____ he had promised me. A. that B. as C. which D. what 17. Perhaps the day will come _____ people will be able to breathe clean air in cities. A. when B. while C. as D. since 18. To make up an objective test， the teacher writes a series of questions， _____ has only one correct answer. A. each of which B. some of which C. which D. what 19. A higher crime rate exists in cities _____ a large percentage of unemployment. A. where have B. that have C. which they have D. that having 20. Scientists call Newton‘s idea _____ gravitation reaches throughout the universe the law of universal gravitation. A. when B. which C. that D. where 21. The person _____ you were talking to was an American. A. who B. whom C. which D. as 22. All _____ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life. A. what is needed B. that is needed C. for our needs D. thing needed 23. The goals _____ he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him. A. for that B. for which C. for what D. of them 24. Snowdonia is a seashore city _____ you can enjoy yourselves much by visiting the local scenic spots. A. why B. which C. where D. so 25. The inflation made it hard for us to buy the necessities ____. A. which need us B. that we need C. what we need D. as we need 26. Those were the soldiers _____ to save the town. A. whose responsibility was B. in whom there was a responsibility C. whose was the responsibility D. from whom the responsibility 27. It won‘t be long _____ the modern communications spread over all the villages in china. A. when B. before C. until D. as
28. The fact _____ doctors recommend that children with hypertension（过度紧张）drink coffee is surprising. A. what B. is that C. that D. of 29. I can never forget the day _____ I first came to college. A. when B. in which C. at which D. which 30. I can never forget the day _____ we spent together. A. when B. in which C. at which D. which 31. The reason _____ he failed the exam was _____ he had not worked hard. A. why……if B. why……that C. that……why D. why……what 32. When you called me this morning， I _____ the newspaper. A. read B. was reading C. reads D. have read 33. _____ to get there on time， we walked as fast as we could. A. hoping B. to hope C. hoped D. being hoped 34. Walking along the river， he heard someone _____ for help. A. shouting B. shout C. shouted D. having shouted 35. _____ into many languages， the book is well known to all. A. Being translated B. Having been translated C. to be translated D. Having been translated 36. Most of the people _____ to her party were her old friends. A. Invited B. to invited C. being invited D. inviting 37. _____ from the moon， the earth with water _____ seventy percent of its surface. A. See/covered B. Seeing/covering C. Seen/covering D. To see/to cover 38. _____ I saw was two men crossing the street. A. What B. Whom C. Who D. That 39. The time will come _____ man can fly to outer space freely. A. that B. when C. in that D. what 40. Before her marriage， she spent a considerable time in that very part of Shanghai，_____ she belonged. A. which B. to where C. to which D. at which 41. The United States is composed of fifty states， two of _____ are separated from the others by land or water. A. them B. that C. which D. those
42. They did not discover until later _____ the car had been destroyed. A. as B. than C. which D. that 43. They overcame all the difficulties and fulfilled the plan ten days ahead of schedule， _____ was something we had not expected. A. that B. this C. it D. which 44. That‘s the reason _____ Ann could not do her part of the job. A. that B. of C. because D. why 45. The company official _____ I thought would be fired received a raise. A. whom B. whoever C. who D. of whom 46. In 1990 he caught a serious illness from _____ effects he still suffers. A. that B. which C. what D. whose 47. His brother had become a teacher， _____ he wanted to be. A. who B. what C. which D. that 48. My vacation begins next Tuesday， _____ I will leave for Flofida. A. which B. that C. while D. when 49. He has made another wonderful discovery， _____ of great importance to science. A. which I think it is B. of which I think is C. I think which is D. which I think is 50. I decided to buy a car because we had sold _____ we had in England before leaving. A. that B. the other C.which D. the one 51. The investigation， _____ will soon be published， was made by John. A. at which the results B. the results on which C. whose results D. at whose results 52. Crude oil is refined in a refinery， _____ makes it possible to get many grades of oils for different uses. A. as B. that C. this D. which 53. I am sure that _____ you said is wrong. A. which B. all C. this D. how 54. He arrived late for the tea party， _____ made us all very disappointed. A. which B. this C. it D. that 55. The people at the party were worried about John because no one was aware _____ he had gone. A. where that B. where
C. of the place where D. the place 56. Is there anyone you can think of _____ may know her address？ A. which B. that C. who D. what 57. Perhaps the day will come _____ people will live 150 years. A. which B. that C. who D. what 58. It was raining， _____ was a pity. A. what B. that C. as D. which 59. This is the reason _____ an aeroplane can‘t fly in space. A. which B. why C. where D. for that 60. We‘ve tested three hundred types of boot， _____ completely waterproof. A. no of which B. none of which C. some of that D. neither of which 答案及分析 1. B 她为没能参加那次聚会而道歉。apologize for 为……而道歉；for 为介词，后跟 名词或动名词，动名词的否定式是其前面直接加否定词 not，故 B 正确。 2. A 我再次建议他不要再吸烟了，但他好像没有听到一样。turn sb a deaf ear 不听某 人的话。advise sb （not） to do sth 建议某人（不要）做某事。注意：不定式的否定式也 是其前面直接加否定词 not， 故 A 正确。 3. C cupboard 小橱， 碗橱； 那个碗橱有五百磅重， 要想移动对于个人来说是太重了。 我们看 B 选项： could not move the cupboard. 这句本身没有错误， she 但是分词 Weighing five hundred pounds，的逻辑主语不是她（she） ，而是 the cupboard.分词短语做状语时，其逻辑主 语要和主句主语保持一致。 4.C 被问及这次新的演出时， 他回答得很自信。 Confidently 是副词， 修饰动词 answer， 放在动词前面后面都可以。 过去分词做状语， 含被动意义， 这里 asked 的逻辑主语是 he， 而 不是 his answer. 故 A， D 排除，再看：B， C ， “他回答”是主动语态，所以 B 项被动形 式错误，正确答案为：C. 5.C 看到乌云遮盖了天空，他就停下工作回家了。现在分词做伴随状语，其逻辑主语 是主句主语：he. 主动语态，故Ｃ正确。Ｂ被动形式排除。选项 A 是不定式形式，表目的， 将来要发生的动作， 译为： 为了要看乌云遮盖天空， 他……显然不合题意。 D.没有这种用法。 6. B fled 的原形是：flee ， 意思是＂逃走，逃避＂；这个城市被占领了，居民们就 四处逃生了。这是一个独立主格结构，两句的主语不是一个。 7. D 由于被选为主任， 他晚上工作到很晚。 Being chosen director 现在分词短语作原因 状语，相当于原因状语从句：Because he was chosen director. 8. C 他在学习英语上有困难吗？have difficulty （in） doing 干什么有困难；其中 in 可以省略。固定短语，故Ｃ正确。 9. A 冬季我们去山上滑雪。 go skiing 去滑雪； 10.D 她非常喜欢打排球；enjoy doing sth 喜欢干什么事。 11. D 我不能来来的原因是我必须得为马上来临的考试做准备了。reason 原因，why 引导原因状语从句。 12. D 年轻时她在学样学习很用功，这对她在以后的职业生涯中取得成功有很大贡献。
这是非限制性定语从句，前面整个句子做先行词，则定语从句只能用关系代词 which，故选 D. 13. A 声波在空气中的传播跟在水面的传播方式是一样的。As 引导方式状语从句。引 导方式状语从句的从属连词有：as， as if， as though， just as 等。 14. D 我买了一瓶啤酒，但是我没有什么东西用来打开它。句子“I can open it with”中 缺少宾语，关系代词前有介词时：指人就用 whom，指物就用 which，故选择：D. 15. C 作家们能准确地描述出他们曾见过的事物的特征。 16. B 这个礼物并不像他曾许诺我的那样好。such……as…… 如此……像什么一样； 17. A 或许这样的日子就会来临，人们在城市里能够呼吸到新鲜空气。When 引导时间 状语从句。 18. A 为了组织一场客观的测试，老师写了一系列问题，每个问题只有一个正确的答 案。each of which 这些问题中的每一个，非限制性定语从句中“which”这个关系代词代指前 面的“a series of questions”。形式也对，但句子谓语用的是 has，是单数，故 A 正确。 19. B 更高的犯罪率存在于城市那些大量的无业游民中。分析：这个选项我们不要被 空格前的 in cities 所迷惑了，否则一下就选用地点状语引导词 where 了，这样句子就不正确 了，因为关系副词是不能做主语的，D 排除；关系代词在句子中可以作主语，C 选项，我们 代入句子看看，主语重复了， which 和 they 都是充当主语，并列这样用，是根本生不通的。 D 选项谓语动词不能用分词形式，分词本身词性就是不动词，怎么能充当谓语。答案为： B. 20. C 科学家们称牛顿的引力存在整个宇宙空间的理论思想为万有引力定律。 “Call sth sth……” 意为：“称……为……”；我们把句子简化为：Scientists call Newton‘s idea the law of universal gravitation. 科学家们称牛顿的思想为万有引力定律；显然，先行词是 idea， 而它 充当的是宾语，用 which 或 that 来引导，在该类题中，如果既给出 which 又给出 that 供选择 时，应以选 that 为正确答案。 21. B 那个你刚才跟他说话的那个人是个美国人。先行词是指人，在句子中充当的是 宾语（通过：you were talking to，我们看出句子缺少宾语。，故用 whom. ） 22. B 所有需要是基本生活资料的持续供应。句子缺少主语，关系代词在句子中充当 主语。当有限定词 all 时，引导定语从句只能用 that. 23. B 那个他曾经为之奋斗了终身的目标，看起来对他已经不再重要了。关系代词举 代指 The goals，在句子中充当宾语，句子中的谓语动词是：fought，“战斗，奋斗”的意思。 是一个不及物动词，后面接宾语时要带上介词，fight for ，为……而奋斗；介词后面接宾语， 表示物时只能用 which 来代替。 24. C Snowdonia 是一个海滨城市，在哪儿你能通过参观当地风景点尽情地享受。先 行词 a seashore city 是表地点的名词，句子主，谓，宾齐全，所以只需考虑用地点状语从句， 用关系副词 where 来引导。 25. B 通货膨胀使得我们买生活用品变得困难了。关系代词指物，作宾语，所以我们 考虑用 which 或 that，A 选项中用的是 which，但是语序不对，不是必须品需要我们，而是 我们需要生活必须品。所以关系 that 代指 the necessities，在句子中做 we need 的宾语。 26. A 那些士兵的责任是保卫那个城市。先行词 the soldiers，指人，关系代在句子中 又是做定语，故用关系代词 whose.C 选项显然不对，定语不能直接做句子主语。 27. A 现代化通讯将遍及中国广大山村地区这个时间不会太远了。先行词表示时间， 用 when 这个表示时间的关系副词来引导从句。 28. C 事实上医生建议过度紧张的孩子们喝些咖啡是很有效的。关系代词 that 代指先 行词“The fact”，在句子中充当主语，把这个从句
29. A 我永远忘不了第一次去上大学的那一天。从句主，谓，宾成分完整，只需要时 间状语。先行词：the day 是表示时间的词，用引导词 when 来引导，作为从句的时间状语。 30.Ｄ 我永远忘不了我们一起度过的那天。这句话中，从句缺少宾语，而 that 或者 which 在从句中作主语或宾语。 31. B 他考试失败的原因是他工作不够努力。名词 reason 后的定语从句由 why 引导， 表语从句由 that 引导。 32. B 当你今天早上叫我的时候，我正在读报纸。一般过去进行时态，读报这个动作 在你叫我时正在进行，而你叫我这个动作是过去式，故用一般过去进行式。 33. A 我们走得尽可能地快，希望能准时赶到哪儿。分词短语作伴随状语。 34. A 他沿着河边走时听到有人叫喊求助。分词短语 shouting for help 置于被修饰词 someone 的后面， 做宾语补足语。 Hear 这个动词后面可以跟宾语再跟现在分词做宾语补足语， 分词短语的动作是由宾语做的。 35. D 由于被翻释成了多种语言，那本书从而闻名于世。现在分词的完成式，表示的 动作在句中谓语动词动作之前发生。这句话中：这本书先被翻释成多种语言，然后才闻名遐 迩的，故用现在分词的完成式，另外书是被翻译的，要用被动语态，所以选Ｄ。 36. A 大多被邀请去她晚会的人都是她的老朋友。过去分词做定语，放在所修饰词的 后面，具有被动的概念。 37. C 从月亮上看，地球有百分之七十被水覆盖。第一个空：主句主语是地球，那么 从月球上看地球这个空，由于主语是地球，地球是被看的，故用过去分词形式，表被动。第 二个空：现在分词短语放在所修饰词的后面，具有主动的含义，水覆盖地表的百分之七十， 所以用 covering，如果用 covered 就表示水被百分之七十的地面所覆盖，这显然不符合现实。 故答案Ｃ正确。 38. A 我所看到的是两个男人穿过了那个街道。 这是一个由 what 引导的主语从句， what 做的是 saw 的宾语，What I saw，我所看到的，这部分做句子的主语。 39. B 我想这个时代将会来临，人类能够自由地飞出太空。这是一个由 when 引导的 时间状语从句。 40. C 在她出嫁之前，她花了很多时间在上海，那个生她养她的地方。 Belong to 属 于……； 这是一个非限制性定语从句，从句缺少宾语，并且从句谓语 belong 是一个不及物 动词，接宾语时要带上介词 to， 所以由 which 来引导（当指物，并且关系代词前有介词时， 要用 which，而不能用 that） 。 41. C 美国由五十个州组成，其中两个州与其它州完全由陆地或水隔开。这个非限制 性定语从句中，关系代词代指的是 fifty states， 并且前面有介词，所以要用 which； 42. D 至到最后， 他们才发现车已经被毁坏了。 that 在这里引导宾语从句。 that the car had been destroyed 这个宾语从句做的是主句谓语动词 discover 的宾语。 43. D 他们克服了所有的困难并且提前十天完成了计划，这是我们不曾预料到的。这 个非限制性定语从句中，从句缺少主语，用 which 或者 that 来引导，但是我们注意到： 关 系代词代指的是前面一句话， 故一定要用 which 来引导。 44. D 这就是 Ann 不愿意做兼职的原因。 Why 引导原因状语从句。 45. C 我认为将被解聘的那个公司经理升职了。先行词为人，关系代词在从句中充当 主语，故用 who 来引导。 46. D 1990 年他患过一场严重的疾病，他现在依然承受着那场病留下的后遗症带来的 痛苦。引导词在句子中充当定语，能做定语的关系代词只有 whose. 47. C 他的哥哥已经成为一名老师，这正是他所想要的。非限制性定语从句，关系代 词在从句中充当宾语，只能用 which.
48. D 我的假期从下一周二开始，那时我将去佛罗里德。非限制性定语从句，关系代 词引导的是时间状语从句，故用 when. 49. D 他实验出了另一项伟大的发明，我认为这对科学界有重大意义。非限制性定语 从句，先行词是 another wonderful discovery，关系代词在从句中充当宾语。所以用 which. 50. D 我决定买一辆车，因为我们把在英国那辆在离开之前给卖了。我们注意这个句 子主句还不完整，缺少宾语，用代词 the one 来做宾语，从句也少宾语，我们用引导词 which 来引导这个限制性定语从句，所以应该填补： the one which .但是我们在讲语法时讲过，在 限制性定语从句中，引导词做宾语时可以省略。故 D 正确。 51. C 那个结果很快将被公布出来的调查是由 John 主做的。非限制性定语从句，关系 代词在从句中做定语，只能用 whose 来引导，C 正确。 52. D 原油在精炼厂被加工，这使得有可能得到不同等级的油而满足不同的需要。非 限制性从句中，从句缺少主语，可以用 which 或者 that 来引导，但是我们注意：这个关系 代词代指的是前面的句子，这时就必须用 which. 53. B 我确信你所说的一切是错误的。句子中的引导词是 that， 从句中动词 said 缺少 宾语，all you said 意思是：你所说的一切，然后，这句话由关系代 that 来引导做从句的主 语。 54. A 他去参加晚荼会晚了，这件事让我们都很失望。 非限制性定语从句中关系代词 代指的是前面一句话，只能用 which. 55. B 晚会上的人在担心约翰，因为没有人注意到他去哪儿了。where 引导地点状语 从句，从句 he had gone 中不缺少成分，所以只需要地点状语。答案为 B. 56. C 你能想到有什么人知道她的地址吗？先行词是 anyone，指人，关系代词又在从 句中充当主语，故用 who 来引导。 57. B 也许这一天就会来临，那时人们将能活够 150 年。先行词指的是时间，由 when 来引导时间状语从句。 58. D 天在下雨，这真是遗憾。 非限制性定语从句，关系代词代指的是前面一句话， 所以要用 which. 59. B 这就是宇航员不能在太空飞的原因。 先行词为 reason， why 来引导原因状语 故 从句。 60. B 我们试了三百种长统靴，没有一种是完全防水的。在这些靴子当中没有一种是 防水的， 关系代词代指 three hundred types of boot， 在这些靴子当中要用到 of，而 of 是介 词，关系代词前面有介词时要用 which。 1. She went on reading _____ it was midnight. A. as B. for C. until D. lest 2. He was old _____ quite strong. A. and B. or C. but D. if 3. Take his advice _____ you will fail. A. nor B. or C. for D. so 4. He was writing _____ the glass suddenly fell on the floor. A. while B. as C. so D. when 5. _____ you say， he won‘t listen to you. A. No matter where B. No matter what C. However D. Whichever 6. The car was going too fast on a wet road， _____ it crashed and the driver was in hospital. A. but B. moreover C. furthermore D. so
7. He said he would stay for another two days _____ it rained. A. or B. nor C. whether D. if 8. Hardly _____ I got home when it began to rain. A. had B. am C. did D. that 9. _____ ，none of us wanted to take a rest. A. Tired although we were B. Tired as we were C. As we were tired D. We as were tired 10. She opened the door quietly _____ wake up her sleeping baby. A. in order that B. so that C. in order to D. so as not to 11. It was my grandfather _____ helped mike mend his bike this morning. A. that B. whom C. which D. what 12. It was this morning _____ my grand father helped mike mend his bike this morning. A. that B. whom C. when D. which 13. It was because it rained heavily last night _____ he didn‘t come to the evening school. A. that B. so that C. so D. when 14. Air， or _____ is called atmosphere， surrounds the whole earth. A. it B. that C. which D. what 15. In short， _____ he lives， a man belongs to some society. A. whatever B. whenever C. wherever D. whichever 16. Nowhere else in the world _____ more attractive scenery than in Switzerland. A. you can find B. is found C. can you find D. has been found 17. I couldn‘t find peter， _____ did I know where he had gone. A. never B. either C. nor D. as 18. Not until I reminded him for the third time _____ working and looked up. A. that he stopped B. does he stopped C. did he stop D. that he stopped 19. Not until most of the people had left the airport _____ his sister was there. A. that he saw B. had he seen C. did he see D. that he had seen 20. _____ the importance of wearing seat belts while driving. A. Little they realize B. They little do realize C. Little realize do they D. Little do they realize 21. Our society has changed and _____ in it. A. so the people have B. the people have so C. so have the people D. have the people so 22. Parking is a big problem， _____ . A. the traffic is so B. is so the traffic
C. so the traffic is D. so is the traffic 23. You never told me you have seen the film， _____ . A. had you B. didn‘t you C. did you D. weren‘t you 24. Don‘t forget to post the letter for me， _____ ？ A. do you B. will you C. are you D. can you 25. Not until I came to China ______ what kind of a country she is. A. I knew B. I didn‘t know C. I did know D. did I know 26. I don‘t believe you are a student now， ____ you？ A. did B. are C. will D. don‘t 27. Do what you think is right， _____ they say. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. if only 28. _____ is well known， light， like heat， is a form of energy. A. It B. what C. Just as D. As 29. We can hardly avoid making any mistakes in our work _____ hard we try. A. whatever B. how C. no matter D. however 30. They are _____ students that they all performed well in the nationwide examinations. A. so diligent B. such diligent C. so much diligent D. such very diligent 31. Young _____ he is， he knows what is the right thing to do. A. that B. as C. although D. however 32. Someone borrowed my umbrella， _____ ？ A. didn‘t he B. didn’t they C. did he D. did they 33. Nothing dangerous ever happened， _____ ？ A. did it B. didn‘t it C. do it D. does it 34. _____ he objected to your impolite behavior is quite understandable. A. That B. what C. Which D. Whether 35. _____ he often forgot their wedding anniversary greatly annoyed his wife. A. All B. What C. Which D. That 36. I don‘t care _____ or not she will apologize to me. A. if B. whether C. what D. which 37. Seldom _____ any mistakes during my past five years of service here.
A. made I B. did I make C. should I make D. would I make 38. Not until the year of 1945 _____ made the capital of this province. A. the city was B. was the city C. when the city was D. was when the city 39. There used to be some green at this spot， _____ ？ A. didn‘t there B. used there C. wasn‘t there D. did there 40. _____ is announced in the papers， a nation-wide sport-meeting will be held in the city next month. A. Because B. for C. As D. So 答案及分析 1. C 她一直读书到半夜。 until 至到……为止。 2. C 他虽然年纪大了， 但还很强壮。 句子中转折词用的是 but， 故不能再用 though， 成对的连词在英语句子中只能出现一个， 但翻译出来时都要翻译。 比如， 因为……所以……， 虽然……但是……等等。这些成对出现的，翻译成英语时只出现一个连词就行了。这道题在 讲义中为：Though he is very old， yet he is quite strong. 这时用 yet 可以，但是不能用 but， 要用 but 必须去掉 though. 3. B 听取他的建议，否则你会失败的。or 是一个选择连词。 4. D 当那个玻璃杯突然掉到地上时，他正在写作。 Fall on 跌落到……上。 5. B 不管你说什么，他都不会听的。在句子中充当宾语，所以疑问词要用 what. 6. D 在一段儿湿路上车开得太快了，导致车被撞坏，司机也送医院了。so 在这里 引导结果状语。 7. D 他说他将会再待两天如果天下雨的话。If 引导条件状语从句。 8. A 我刚到家，天就下雨了。如果把 hardly 置于句首，后面的主谓必须倒装，也 就是把谓语动词提到主语前。 这句话如果不提前 hardly 的话， 则为： had hardly got home when I it began to rain. 9. B 尽管很累了，我们中没有一个人想休息会儿。as 引导的让步状语，必须采用 两种语序： 、表语＋as＋主语＋谓语； 、状语＋as＋主语＋谓语。 （1） （2） 10. D 她轻轻地把门打开，以免把她熟睡的婴儿惊醒。so as to 的否定形式为：so as not to，前三个选项句意显然不符。 11. C 今天早上是我的爷爷帮助迈克修理他的自行车的。强调句型。 12. A 就是今天早上，我的爷爷帮助迈克修理他的自行车的。强调句型，强调时间 状语。 13. A 昨天晚上雨下得太大了，所以他没有来学校。强调句型，强调原因。 14. D 空气，或者说是我们所称的太空，环绕着地球。这是一个同位语从句，what 引导的同位语从句在句子中充当主语的成分。 15. C 总之，不管在哪儿生活，个人都是属于一定的社会的。 16. C 世界上没有什么地方能找到更加迷人的风光比起新西兰来说。Nowhere 位于 句首，句子倒装，句子中的情态动词提到主语前构成倒装。 17. C 我找不到彼特，也不知道他去哪儿了。两个动作都发生，用 nor（也……） ； 另外 nor 位于句首时，句子要倒装，情态动词或助动词要提到主语前构成倒装句式。 18. C 至到我提醒他三次时，他才停下来看我。解释同上题。
19. C 至到大多数人已经离开机场，他才看到他的妹妹在那儿。解释同上题。 20. D 驾驶的时候，他们没有意识到系上安全带的重要性。表否定的词 little 位于句 首时，句子倒装。 21. C 社会发生了变化，其中人也如此。So… 也……；so 后面跟表示肯定的句子， 表示与前面相同的情况，其后的句子要倒装。 22. D 停车是一个大问题，交通量也是。解释同上题。 23. C 你从来没有告诉过我你曾看过这部电影，不是吗？注意：附加疑问句附在陈 述句 后面，对陈述句所叙述的事实提出相反的疑问。该句型的结构特征为：当前面是肯定 时，后面用否定式；当前面是否定时，后面用肯定式；反意问句中的动词时态应和陈述句中 的动词时态相一致。第一句中用了 never 一词，是表示否定意义的词，故后用肯定式，又前 面句子是过去式，故疑问句子也要用过去式。 24. B 别忘了把信寄给我，好吗？这是祈使句子加上反意疑问句的形式。解释理论同 上题。前否定，后肯定，时态是表示将来的动作，用将来式。 25. D 至到我来到中国，我才知道她是一个什么样的国家。Not until 位于句首，后面 句子倒装。 26. B 我认为你现在不是一个学生了，对吗？前否定，后肯定，前后时态一致保持， 故用一般现在时态，肯定形式。Ｂ正确。 27. B 做你认为正确的，不管别人说什么。 28. D 众所周知，光，跟热一样，是能量的一种形式。这是一个由 as 引导的状语从句， 在主句中充当主语。 29. D 不管我们如何努力，工作中我们几乎不可避免地发生错误。 30. B 他们都是如此用功的学生，在全国统考中都取得了好的成绩。我们注意这两个 句式的区别：so＋形容词＋a/an＋可数名词单数；such＋a/an＋形容词＋可数名词单数（such ＋形容词＋可数名词复数） ，这里要修饰的学生是复数，所以用 such diligent. 31. B 尽管他还很年轻，他却道哪些事该做。典型的形容词前置形式。 32. B 有人把我的伞借走了，难道不是吗？前肯定，后否定；前面主语为 someone 时， 后面反意疑问句要用复数。 33. A 没有什么奇怪的事情发生过，不是吗？前有否定词，后用肯定式；nothing， everything， something 时，后面要用单数形式。另外，前面是一般过去式，前后要保持时 态一致，故Ａ正确。 34. A 他反对你的不礼貌行为真是难以理解。Behavior 行为； 注意：句子不缺少 任何成分，前面句子用来做主语，故用主语从句。 35. D 他总是忘记他们的结婚纪念日，这让他妻子很恼火。wedding anniversary 结婚 纪念日。解释同上题。 36. B 我并不在乎她是否给我道歉。Whether or not 是否；其它选项与 or not 根本 不搭配。 37. B 我在这儿过去五年的服务中几乎没有犯过什么错误。否定词在句首，句子用倒 装形式，这里谓语动词是实义动词，所以提前助动词来构成倒装。 38. B 直到 1945 年，这个城市才被定为省会。Not until 位于句首时，句子倒装。故选 择项Ｂ正确。 39. C 这个地方以前是有一些植物的，对吗？这是 there be 结构的句子，反意疑问句 中不要用助动词，把 be 动词的相应形式提前就行。前面是肯定的，后面用否定形式，所以 选择项Ｃ正确。 40. C 正如报上宣布，下个月这个城市要举行一场国际性的运动会。as 在这里是“作
为，正如”的意思；announce ＂宣布，发表，通告，报告……的来到＂。 1. The teacher's lecture on American history was three hours long, and Mary felt very _____. A. upset B. bored C. disturbed D. neglected 2. Her mind was so _____ by the disease that she could not remember what she had done. A. acted B. influenced C. effected D. affected 3. Every boy and girl _____ not to swim in the lake, for it is polluted. A. has been warned B. have been warned C. has warned D. have warned 4. She heard a terrible noise, _____ brought her heart into her mouth. A. it B. this C. which D. that 5. Why can't you do this small _____ for me? I've helped you often enough in the past. A. command B. demand C. effort D. favor 6. _____ he often forgot their wedding anniversary greatly annoyed his wife. A. All B. What C. Which D. That 7. You screamed in your sleep last night. You _____ a terrible dream. A. must have had B. must have C. must had had D. must have been 8. However much _____, it will be worth the money. A. the dictionary costs B. costs the dictionary C. the dictionary will cost D. does the dictionary cost 9. I don't care _____ or not she will apologize to me. A. if B. whether C. what D. which 10. One of my brother's many faults is that he never _____ anything very long. A. decides on B. sticks to C. goes over D. makes up 11. The departure of the train will be _____ for half an hour. A. cancelled B. delayed C. postponed D. set off 12. But for his sister's help, I _____ the work. A. did not finish B. will not finish C. could not finish D. would not have finished 13. Emphasis is laid on the necessity that all the objectives to be attained _____ into account before starting a new project. A. be taken B. should take C. would be taken D. have to be taken 14. Sixty per cent of television viewers chose her as their _____ actress. A. fortunate B. preferred C. favourite D. preferable 15. Judges must be independent _____ political pressure. A. to B. of C. under D. on 16. I looked everywhere for some cooking oil, but I could only find ____. A. a little B. little C. a few D. few 17. Al's doctor insists _____ for a few days. A. that he is resting B. him to rest C. his resting D. that he rest 18. There wasn't much snow last winter so people couldn't go ____ except in the
mountains. A. skiing B. skied C. to ski D. having skied 19. You've got to be on top _____ to do well in a competition like that. A. condition B. form C. shape D. training 20. Your behavior was shocking. You should be ashamed _____ yourself. A. of B. at C. to D. on 21. I suppose you couldn't let me borrow your car this evening, _____? A. couldn't I B. don't I C. could you D. will you 22. _____ five hundred people are believed to have drowned. A. As many as B. As much as C. So many as D. So much as 23. I chose a small room with the window _____ the street. A. faces B. faced C. facing D. to face 24. _____ the rain we would have had a nice holiday. A. But that B. Despite C. But for D. In spite of 25. "It's too bad Rhonda is moving to Arizona." "I wish it _____ so far away." A. weren't B. couldn't be C. won't be D. isn't 26. _____ I don't like are the long, dark nights of winter. A. That B. What C. Which D. This 27. The receptions, _____ job was to answer the phone, had laryngitis（喉炎）. A. whose B. who C. who's D. that 28. The suggestions put forward by the workers to improve their working conditions were _____ by the factory owner. A. turned away B. turned down C. turned over D. turned through 29. With apples at 25 cents a pound, we couldn't resist _____ four pounds. A. to take B. took C. taking D. have taken 30. Well-mannered children have usually been properly _____ by their parents. A. raised up B. borne up C. brought up D. got up 31. Tom's father, as well as his mother, _____ in New York for a few days more. A. asks him to stay B. asks he stays C. ask he to stay D. asks he would stay 32. If we had known that she had planned to go abroad today, we _____ at the airport. A. will see her off B. would have seen her off C. would see her off D. must have seen her off 33. Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, _____obtaining water is not the least. A. of which B. for what C. as D. whose 34. He burned all the important papers _____ that should fall into enemy's hands. A. unless B. so C. lest of D. for fear 35. Literature and art have a great influence _____ people's ideology.
答 案 1. B 关于美国历史，这个教师讲了有三个小时长，这让 Mary 感到非常讨厌。 upset 难过的， 不安的； bored 令 （人） 厌烦； disturbed 打扰， 扰乱， 弄乱； neglected 忽 视，忽略。 2. D influenced （正面的）影响； effected （正面的） 影响； affected （坏的） 影响； 3. A 每个男孩儿和女孩儿被警示不准去那个湖里游泳，因为这个湖被污染了。以 every 开头，谓语动词用单数。 4. C 她听到一阵可怕的声音，这让她心都提到噪子眼儿了。这是一个非限制性定 语从句，定的是前面的一句话，这种情况下用 which 来引导。 5. D to do a favour for sb 或 to do sb a favour 帮某人个忙； 句子中 do this small favour for me 意思是： 帮我一个小忙。 6. D 这是一个头重脚轻的主语从句，wedding anniversary 结婚纪念日。 7. A 你一定是做了个恶梦了，用完成时态。 8. A 这道题考时态，考语序，However much the dictionary costs：不管这本词典花 多少钱。 9. B 我并不在意她是否给我道歉；whether or not "是否"，固定搭配用法。 10. B stick to 坚持；我弟弟的缺点之一就是什么事儿都不能坚持太久。 11. B cancel 取消， 撤消； set off 出发， 动身； postpone 延迟， 推迟； delayed 延 迟，耽误。 12. D 当时要不是他姐姐的帮助，我就不能完成那项工作。 13. A 选项 A 中的 should 省略，这句话是说：在开始一个新的项目之前，应考虑 把重点放在将要实现的所有目标的必要性上。 14. C favourite 受欢迎的，这句话的意思是：百分之六十的观众选择她为最受欢迎 的演员。 15. B 法官一定不能受政治压力的影响； be independent of 不受…影响。 16. A cooking oil 是不可数名词， 另外根据境可知： 这个句子又表示肯定的含义， 若 （ 选 C 则表示否定含义，即一点也没有找到）所以选择 A 选项。 17. D Al 的医生坚持要他休息了些日子； insist 后面用虚拟语气，should 可省略。 18. A go skiing 去划雪； 类似的还有： go shopping 去购物； go swimming 去游 泳； go boating 去划船。 19. B 固定搭配用法：to be on top form 处于最佳状态。 20. A 你的行为令人感到震惊， 你应当为此感到羞愧； be ashamed of … 为…感到 羞愧。 21. C suppose 后面的从句中为否定式 couldn't，而主句为肯定式，这是否定后移的 用法，后面的反意疑问句要根据从句而定，故反意疑问句用肯定式 could you.【外语@教育 网 wwwwww.for68.com】 22. A 首先 B、D 不对，因为 much 后面修饰不可数名词； as many as 与…一样多， 后面可以接具体的数字；而 C 项不正确，因为：so many as 如此众多的，后面不能出现具 体的数字； drown 淹死； 23. C 我选了一个窗户对着街道的小房间。现在分词短语做定语，主动含义。
24. C but for… 要不是因为…；介词短语代替条件从句的用法。 25. A wish 后面接虚拟语气的用法。 26. B what 引导的名词性从句，这句话的意思是：我所不喜欢的是冬季那漫长而黑 暗的夜晚。 27. A reception 接待员， 接待， 招待会， 接受； 这是一个非限制性定语从句， whose job was 其工作是…。这句话是说：那个接待员，其工作是接电话，他得了喉炎。 28. B turn down 拒绝； turn away 打发走； turn over 把…弄翻了； D 项错误， 没有这种形式。 29. C resist doing … 禁不住…；看到苹果 25 分一磅，我们禁不住买了四磅。 30. C bring up 养育； Well-mannered children 行为举止良好的孩子，有教养的孩 子。有教养的孩子往往都是家长培养教育的结果。没有 A 项这种用法，因为 raise 是及物动 词，后面不能跟介词； borne up 坚强，毫不气馁。 31. A as well as his mother, 不影响谓语动词的使用， 主语是 Tom's father， 另外 ask sb to do sth 要求（请）某人做某事，这句话是说：汤姆的爸爸，还有她的妈妈，要他在纽约 再待一段时间。 32. B 如果我们知道她计划今天出国，我们一定去机场给她送行了。前面的虚拟条 件句是对过去情况的一种假设，谓语用过去完成时态， 故主句用 would have done 这种形 式。 33. A 这 是 一 个 非 限 制 性 定 语 从 句 ， which 指 代 的 是 前 面 的 problems, of which… 在…当中； 34. D for fear that 以免，担心；他烧掉了所有重要的资料，以免落入敌人的手掌。 35. B have a great influence on … 对…有很大的影响，这句话是说：文学和艺术对 人们影响很大。
（D）1. Apple is a word. A. five-letter B. five-letters C. fives-letters D. five letters （A）2. All the in the hospital got a rise yesterday. A. women doctors B. woman doctors C. women doctor D. woman doctor （D）3. After ten years, all those youngsters became . A. growns-up B. growns-up C. grown-up D. grown-ups （B）4. The police investigated the about the bank robbery. A. stander-by B. standers-by C. stander-bys D. standers-by （C）5. She used to have three . A. boys friends B. boys friend C. boy friends D. boy friend 解析：1～5 为复合名词的复数。 ※ 有"-"连字符的，在其名词部分后加 S ，如 five-letters ,standers-by ,lookers-on ; 无名 词部分的 , 在复合词后如 S ，如 grown-ups ,sit-ins ; ※ 由 man 或 woman 作 为 第 一部 分 的 复合名 词 表 职 位时 ， 均 用复数 ， 如 men doctors ,women writers ; ※ 由 boy 或 girl 作为第一部分的复合名词，要在最后词后加-S，如 boy friends , girl friends ; （A）6. The committee been arguing about the economic problems among themselves for many hours. A. have B. has C. could have D. can have
※ 集体名词被看作若干个体时，具有复数概念；被看作一个整体时，具有单数概念。 这类词有：family ,government ,class , surrounding , committee ,club , company ; illiterate in that area. （B）7. Seventy percent A. is B. are C. is to be D. can have （C）8. His trousers in his suitcase. A. is always kept B. are kept always C. are always kept D. have always been 具有"成双"含义的词，如服装类、工具类的词：trousers. glasses . scissors（剪刀） ，系动 词用复数。 （A）9. The young couple bought for their living room. A. some new furniture B. some new furnitures C. many new furniture D. many new furnitures Furniture 家具，不可数名词。Many 修饰可数，much 修饰不可数，some ,any 都可修 饰，但 any 用在疑问和否定句中. a few 修饰可数，肯定含义；a little 修饰不可数，否定义。 （A）10. Mathematics easy to learn. A. is B. are C. can D. feels 学科类的词，如 maths , economics , politics , electronics ,mechanics（力学）等，含有复 数概念。 far from clean. （A）11.The surroundings of his office building A. are B. is C. has been D. do 见第 6 题。 （A）12. The doctor checked up both Wang's hearts. A. father-in-law's and his brother-in-law's B. father's-in-law and his brother's-in-law C. father-in-law and his brother-in-law D. father-in-laws' and his brother-in-laws' 见第 5 题。 （C）13. I had my hair cut at the around the corner. A. barber B. barbers C. barber's D. barbers' `s 后的名词如指商店、家宅时，名词可省略，如上：在理发店；at the doctor`s :在诊所； . （B）14. The woman over there is A. Julia and Mary mother B. Julia and Mary's mother C. Julia's and Mary's mother D. Julia's and Mary mother 表示各自的所有关系时，名词末尾均须加 `s , 如 A`s and B`s bedrooms ; 表示他们共同 的关系时，仅在最后一词尾加`s , 如上； （B）15. Only last month I called at . A. my uncle B. my uncle's C. my uncles D. mine uncle 见第 13 题； （C）16. The students must finish the test in . A. three quarters of an hour time B. three quarter's of an hour time C. three quarters of an hour's time D. three quarters' of an hour's time of＋`s 的复合结构，又如：a friend of my brother`s 我兄弟的一个朋友。 （D）17. His article is better than in the class. A. anyone's else B. anyone else C. anyone's else's D. anyone else's . （D）18. He is very tired. He needs
A. a night rest B. rest of a night C. a rest night D. a night's rest 's 属格和 of 属格用法的区别：'s 表有生命的，也表时间（如上） 、自然现象（如第 19 题） 、度量衡、国家、城市；用 of 表示无生命的，抽象的，或修饰语较多的； （A）19. is covered with heavy snow. A. The earth's surface B. The surface of earth C. The surface earth D. The earth surface （A）20. This question is too difficult, and everyone is to solve it. A. at his wits' end B. at one's wits end C. in his wits' end D. out of his wits end 固定词组，必须用 's . 如第 20 题：不知所措，又如：in one's mind's eye 在某人的 心目中
（A）1. He keeps all his documents in a box. A. strong, black, metal B. metal, strong, black C. strong, metal, black D. black, strong, metal 前置形容词的排序：限定词+描绘词+特征词+颜色词+类属词（材质或专有词） . （C）2. The balloon is A. belled-shape B. bell-shape C. bell shaped D. belled-shaped 名词+ed ：形容词化。又如：3 legged table 三条腿的桌子 （D）3. Besides being expensive, the food in the cafeteria tastes . A badly B. too badly C. too much bad D. bad 感官动词如 feel、 smell 、sound、taste +形容词：听起来…… 属"主语+半系动词+表语"结构，这类词还有：keep , rest , remain , stay , lie , stand ; seem , appear , look ; become , grow , turn , fall , get , go , come , run ; prove , turn out 等； （D）4. The film made us laugh but it was not really to watch. A. excitement B. excited C. excitable D. exciting 【 外 语 @ 教 育 网 wwwwww.for68.com】 由分词作形容词时， 现在分词表示主动或正进行中， interesting , exciting ,flying leaves 如 （飘舞的叶子） 。过去分词表被动或已完成，如 tired , flown leaves（遍地落叶） 。 （B）5. His speech soon made us feel . A. bore B. bored C. boring D. bore some bored a. 感到厌倦的； （A）6. I don't know whether he is still in collecting coins. He used to be, but that was several years ago. A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. disinterested 人+be interested in （to do） 对……感兴趣； It is interesting that or to do…做……是有 趣的； （D）7. Would you be do me a favour , please? A. kind enough B. kind as to C. as kind to D. so kind as to so…as to = so…that be kind of… do sb. a favour （A）8. He will not be to vote in this year's election. A. old enough B. as old enough C. enough old D. enough old as be…（a.） enough to do… 足够…来做… enough 要放在形容词后
（C）9. It's never . A. late enough to learn B. not late enough to learn C. too late to learn D. no late as not learn too…（a.） to do…句型 you back. （A）10. It's A. delightful to see B. too delightful to see C. delightful of D. so delightful that have It is…（a.） that… 形式主语 （C）11. The noise outside was . so…（a.） that…句型 A. too irritating B. so irritating so his speech was hardly audible C. so irritating that his speech was hardly audible D. so irritating enough that his speech was hardly audible fifty dollars. （D）12. Is shopping here very expensive? Yes, the price run A. so high to B. as high to C. so high as D. as high as as…as… 象……一样 同级比较 （C）13. Are you going to the football game? No, the tickets are for. A. terrible expensive B. so much expensive C. far too expensive D. highly expensive too 太过于 （B）14. I should say Henry is not much a writer as a reporter. A. that B. so C. this D. that be not so…as… 与其说……还不如 说…… （A）15. I won't pay $20 for the coat; it's not worth . A. all that much B. that much all C. that all much D. much all that all 要放在前面。 worth…值…… be worth doing 值得做……be worthy of…值得……的 Be （A）16. He had on the subject. A. a rather strong opinion B. rather strong opinion B. rather the strong opinion D. the rather strong opinion rather+贬义形容词；fairly+褒义形容词；名词前排序：冠词+描绘词+特征词 of chemistry. （B）17. He knows little of mathematics, and A. even more B. still less C. no less D. still more still less 更少 little 的比较级 less，最高级 least （D）18. A fter having gone far, Tom did not want to turn back. A. enough B. much C. such D. that enough 不能置前 that =so 那么 （D）19. That heart is intelligent that the stomach, for they are both controlled by the brain. A. not so B. not much C. much more D. no more
no more 不再…… no more…than… 与其说……毋宁说…… （A）20. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often actual performance. A. as good as B. as good C. good D. good as as good as 同级比较； be better than 不同级比较
of better than an
（C）1. This watch is not worthy the gold belt. A. in B. at C. of D. with be worthy of… belt 表带 （C）2. Mother will be much pleased your new discovery in astronomical science. A. of B. in C. with D. on be pleased with… （D）3. John must have been dissatisfied his achievement in computer science for he working further in the field. A. for B. about C. on D. with be satisfied with… be dissatised with…. 对……感到满意（不满意） （B）4. I am accustomed late on weekends for I have the habit of working at night. A. to sit up B. to sitting up C. at sitting up D. for sitting up be accustomed to doing…=be used to doing… 习惯于…… （C） Tompson was once summoned to the court of law and accused 5. being involved in a murder case. A. with B. on C. of D. about on account of… due to… because of… 由于 因为 （A）6. Smoking is not good you because it can affect your health. A. for B. at C. to D. on be good at…擅长 be good for… 对……有好处 （C）7. Mary's younger brother, though 6 years old, is very quick doing calculations. A. of B. on C. in D. by be quick in（at） doing… 敏于做…… （A）8. The teacher will ask you to account your absence from his class yesterday. A. for B. at C. n D. of account for 解释（原因） （A）9. The flyover at the crossing on the 4th Ring Road is now construction. A. under B. at C. in D. with under 在……之中 在……情况下 （A）10. People's complaints the bad food were soon taken consideration by the government. A. of…into B. for…on C. of…for D. with…against complain v. complaint n. complain to sb. about of） 就……向……投诉 take into consideration 把……考虑在 （ … 内 （B）11. I have no objection his staying in the library as long as he keeps quiet. A. of B. to C. in D. over have no objection to 赞成 have an objection to 不赞成
（B）12. Morris's fluency in English has given her some advantage other pupils in the class. A. above B. over C. than D. beyond have the advantage over 胜过； take advantage of 利用 （B）13. They have been trying at practical solution the marital problem. A. in B. to C. on D. for the solution to the problem 解决问题的方式 （B）14. The manager assured the customer that his complaint would be soon seen . A. at B. to C. on D. by be see to 注意；修理；处理 （C） How close parents are to their children can produce some strong influence 15. their children. A. in B. at C. on D. for influence on + n. 对……的影响； influence …to do…; influence…in doing… 影响…… （B）16. Washington D.C was named the first President of the U.S.A., George Washington. A. from B. after C. by D. with name sb….after… 以……命名某人为…… the examination in the classroom. （A）17. Everyone is busy A with B. for C. on D. under be busy with + n. be busy doing… the hand and then they walked away arm in arm. （C）18. Mary took her boyfriend A．on B．at C．by D．for by the hand 手挽手 arm in arm 肩并肩 （A）19. Will all those the proposal raise your hands? A. in relation to B. in favor of C. in contrast to D. in excess of （超过） in favor of 支持；赞同 in relation to 关于 in contrast to 与……截然不同 （A）20. Before 1920s, American women were deprived the right to vote to a large extent. A. of B. to C. form D. with deprive of the right to vote 剥夺选举权 （A）21. China would supply $300,000,000 some African countries as support for they were suffering from some famines（饥荒） 。 A. to B. with C. by D. on supply A to B = supply B with A （A）22. NO one is trying to persuade you doing thee job But things must be dealt. Reasonably. A. into…with B. to…from C. out…by D. by…in persuade sb. into doing…=persuade sb. to do… 说服某人做…… persuade sb. out of doing… 劝说某人不要做…… persuade sb. of … 使某人相信…… （D）23. It took Susan 2 years to get adapted the college lire. A. from B. about C. at D. to
adapt…to…使适应； adapt…for… 把……改编为…… adapt…from…根据……改编 成…… that dull task. （B）24. No one is indeed enthusiastic A. with B. about C. at D. to be enthusiastic about（or for）…… 热心于…… （C）25. The imported goods are inferior the domestic products in quality. A. than B. with C. to D. against be inferior to… 低于；比不上； be superior to 优于…… （B）26. Enough attention must be paid all the details so that you can have a detailed understanding of all the points. A. on B. to C. of D. by pay attention to… 句子为被动时态 （A）27. Everyone around the site felt deep sympathy the poor sick baby. A. for B. from C…… in D. on feel deep sympathy for 对……深表同情； in sympathy with 同情；赞成； （D）28. I have been feeling regret all the years misspent without any research achievement. A. of B. to C. from D. for regret to do… 遗憾地做（将要做）…… regret doing… 后悔做了…… be（feel） regret for… 对……懊悔不已 all the wrong doings. （C）29. All people agreed that John should be responsible A. to B. in C. for D. of be responsible to sb. 对某人负有责任； be responsiblie for sth. 对某事负有责任； （D）30. The manner in which Joe was talking reminded me her grandmother. A. with B. about C. for D. of remind sb. of… 使某人想起…… （A）31. Stanley seemed superior all other people in appearance, but was actually looked down upon by every one else. A. to B. on C. at D. of 见第 25 题； （A）32. Cowboys wore wide-brimmed hats to protect themselves the sun. A. from B. towards C. with D. by protect…from（against）… 保护……免遭…… （C）33. His ambition and courage are based his knowledge of the truth. A. of B. to C. on D. of base…on… 把……建立在……上； on the basis of… 根据 （D）34. Mary was too particular food. Maybe that's why she was so slim. A. with B. from C. at D. on be too particular over… 对……太挑剔 （C）35. Scott was very appreciative the help from his teacher. A. of B. in C. at D. on be very appreciative at… 对……深表感谢 （A）36. comparison with my boyhood, my undergraduate years in Oklahoma were paradise.
A. In B. With C. To D. From in comparison with… 和……相比较 （C）37. Five year ago, John Smith was once involved a traffic accident. A. at B. by C. in D. on involve in… 卷入；热衷于； （D）38. This multiple choice test is composed 40 incomplete sentences, each with 4 alternatives for the takers to make. A. with B. under C. by D. of be composed of =consist of… 由……组成 （C）39. In that raincoat, Scarlet felt safe any thunderstorm. A. with B. under C. from D. about be safe from…免受……伤害； be safe for… 对……是安全的； （D）40. The ground was black ants, great energetic ants that were busy running back and forth. A. for B. in C. ay D. with with 表状态、原因； （B）41. Carol was employed as an interpreter because he was proficient three languages, Chinese, English and French. A. at B. in C. on D. by be proficient in… 精通于…… interpreter 口译 （D）42. Mrs. March could not prevent her little boy shooting the birds in the trees. A. from…to B. on…at C. with…up D. from…at prevent…from doing… shoot at… 向……开枪射击 （C）43. Asked what he liked to eat, sam said he preferred beef steak pork pies. A. than B. against C. to D. into prefer…（n.） to…（n.） prefer doing…to doing… 喜欢……胜过…… prefer sb. to do…宁愿让某人做…… （B）44. The size of his head is not proportional that or his body.【外语@教育网 wwwwww.for68.com】 A. on B. to C. for D. into be proportional to…= in proportion to 与……成比例 （A）45. The current economic reform in China is characteristic its socialism. A. of B. in C. by D. at be characteristic of 表现了……的特色； 其它含介词的短语还有：by means of… in spite of… in honour of… according to… owning to… in addition to… rely on… be dependent on… comment on… concentrate…on… be keen on… take charge of… be made up… be capable of… be typical of… interfere with… be familiar with… be consistent with… result from… 由于； result to… 导致； lie in ; run for… lead to ; refer to ; relate to ; devote to ;adjust to ; break away from… prohibit from… consider as… be known as… divide…into… aim at … die of… object to… persist in… equal to… be famous for full of… guilty of 犯（罪） love for… desire for… ；
（A）1. The city was plagued by traffic congestion last year, . A. but it isn't this year B. but not this year C. but it hasn't this year D. but it hadn't this year 并列句型，前后一致 plague 混乱； traffic congestion 交通阻塞； （D）2. The commuter can facts. A. gather and to store B. gather and stored C. gather and storing D. gather and store 时态要一致 the scene. （C）3. The crewman switched on portable flashlights as the engineer A.has surveyed B. surve；C. was surveying；D. is surveying 进行时态表将来； （C）4. We a solution to this problem by the end of this month. A. must B. will C. must find D. can must 的基本用法 anything when the policemen asked her about the （B）5. The old woman neither accident. A. replied nor say B. replied nor said C. reply nor said D. replies nor says 前后时态要一致； （D）6. The boy at school. A. was never behaved B. was never behaved himself C. never behaved D. never behaved himself. behave 规矩，常与自身代词连用； 主动语态 until 1:00 in the morning. （C）7. Most pubs in the street A. not close B. close not C. do not close D. not closed do not +非延续性动词…until… （D）8. They had an enormous dinner like this. A. rarely not have B. rarely have not C. have not rarely D. have rarely【外语@教育网 wwwwww.for68.com】 rarely , scarcely , hardly ,never 等已含有否定义； （B）9. Many high-rise hotels . A. has now been constructing B. are now being constructed C. are now constructing D. are constructed now
现在进行时态+被动语态 from the schoolmaster. （D）10. The girl smiled ,got up, A. receive the god medal B. and receiving the gold medal C. and receive the gold medal D. and received the gold medal 连续动作 时态要一致 （A）11. He fancied that he would get on well . A. and that he would meet with amazing success B. and that he will meet with amazing success C. and that amazing success would be met with D. and meets with amazing success 并列宾语从句，时态要一致 （A）12. I can do it for her but I . A. don't feel like it B. don't feel like to C. don't feel liking it D. don't feel liked to feel like 想要；不带 to 的不定式还有 cannot but do , cannot help but do , rather than do , other than do , let do , make do 等； . （C）13. The burglar took away more than A. he wanted to take B. he wanted to taken C. he wanted to D. he wanted to have taken take away 消耗；带走； want to 想要； （B）14. He after climbing the mountain. A. has scarcely no energy left B. had scarcely any energy left C. scarcely has no energy left D. scarcely has not any energy left 见第 8 题； （B）15. She apologized to her for the party. A. not being able to attend B. not being able to attend C. being able not to attend D. being notable to attend 动名词作介宾； apologize to sb.for sth. 因某事向某人道歉 （B）16. Entering the lecture hall, from their clothing. A. snow beat off B. they beat off snow C. snow was beaten off by them D. they were beaten off snow 现在分词作状语从句；主动态； （A）17. a long way, Robbins began to feel tired. A. Having walked B. Walking C. Having been walked D. Being walk 先后动作，前一个动作用完成式； （C）18. Weighing five hundred pounds, . A. the cupboard could not be moved B. she could not move the cupboard C. the cupboard was too heavy for one person to move
D. the cupboard was unable to move cupboard 橱柜； （C）19. Asked about the new play, . A. his answer was confident B. he was confidently answered C. he answered confidently D. his answers were confident 过去分词作状语从句；被动态； （B）20. ,the inhabitants fled. A. The city take B. The city having been taken C. Having taken the city D. The city being taken 现在分词的完成式，被动态； （C）21. black clouds covering the sky ,he stopped his work and went home. A. To see B. Having been seeing C. Seeing D. having to see 现在分词作状语从句，主动态； ,but he turned me a deaf ear. （A）22. I advised A. him not to smoke again B. him to smoke not again C. him to not smoke again D. not him to smoke again 不定式的否定式词序：not to do （D）23. ,he works very late at night. A. Having bee choosing director B. Choosing director C. Having chosen director D. Being chosen director 现在分词作状语从句，被动态； （D）24. She prefers taking an examination. A. writing a term paper than B. being written for a term paper C. to write that a term paper D. writing a term paper to prefer doing…to doing… （B）25. The clerk is going to take bus money. A. by saving B. to save C. for to save D. saving 不定式作目的状语； （A）26. The brakes need . A. adjusting B. adjusted C. to adjustment D. to adjust need sb. to do…需要某人做…… need doing…需要被做…… need sth.done 需要请人 做； （C）27. Henry and Bady to the parties at the Trade Union every Saturday. A. are used to go B. use to go C. would stay D. shall stay be used to do…被用于做…… be used to doing… 习惯于；used to do…过去常常（现在不
了） ； until she finished her degree. （B）28. Her government insisted she A. stayed B. stay C. would stay D. shall stay 虚拟语气在宾语从句中， should +动词原形或只用动词原形； 是 这类谓语动词有： insist , suggest , order , demand , command , propose , arrange , request , require , desire , recommend 等； （A）29. Excuse me ,but it is necessary that your temperature . A. be taken B. taking C. to take D. was taken 虚拟语气在主语从句中，是 should + 动词原形、should + have done .或只用动词原形； 这类词有： It is（was） necessary （important , desirable , imperative , advisable , desired , suggested , proposed ,settled , requested , decided） that…. （C）30.Hix Chemistry teacher recommends that he A regular degree program. A. will begin B. begins C. begin D. is beginning 见第 28 题； （B）31.The landlady asked him to move because she in that chair. A. used to sit B. was used to sitting C. used to sitting D was used to sit 见第 27 题； his as soon as possible. （D）32.His friends are looking forward A. of seeing B. for seeing C. to see D. to seeing 属"动词+介词+动名词"结构，这类词有：look forward to doing pay attention to doing give up doing apologize for doing succeed in doing dream of doing object to doing insist on doing worry about doing provent（stop）…from doing excuse sb for doing devote…to doing accuse sb of doing aid sb in doing agree on doing think about doing ; （A）33.It is imperative that you there in person. A. be B. will be C. will D. are 见第 29 题； （D）34.Robin's doctor suggested for a few days. A. that he is resting B. his resting C. him to rest D. that he rest 见第 28 题； （C）35.Frankly, I'd rather you anything about it for the time being. A. do B. didn't do C. don't D. didn't would rather （had rather）….than…. 填充名词、代词或不带 to 的不定式; （B）36.His report proved . A. truly B. true C. truth D. truism （ to be ） true ， 省略不定式 to be ； （C）37.Does he have difficulty English? A. to speak B. speak C. speaking D. spoke 属"名词+介词+动名词"结构，这类词有：difficulty in doing，advice on doing，delay in doing， experience in doing， insist in doing， habit of doing， possibility of doing， apology for doing， success in doing sth. 等； （C）38.They would insist to another hotel. A. to move B. moving C. on moving D. moved
（A）39.We request the committee our suggestion again. A. to consider B. considering C. consider D. considered 有些动词后只能跟不定式，这类词有：request , afford , agree , aim , ask . desire , expect , claim , choose , decide , demand , fail , hope , manage , offer , plan , pretend , promise , refuse ,request , resolve , wish 等； （D）40.He stopped Mira to his office. A. from having come B. to cone C. for coming D. from coming 见第 32 题； （A）41.In winter we go the hill. A. skiing B. to ski C. ski D. for ski 属名词化的动名词，这类词有：skiing , swimming , living , acting , singing , walking , running ,working , laughing , crying 等； （D）42.She playing volley-ball very much. A. has B. wants C. lets D. enjoys 有些动词后只能跟动名词，这类词有：enjoy , admit , avoid , consider , dislike , delay , finish ,imagine , include , keep , mind , miss , practise , recall , repent , resent , resist , risk , stop , suggest ; . （B）43.They are busy A. to do this B. doing this C. to this D. did this 属"形容词+介词+动名词"结构， 这类词有： busy （in） doing， according to doing， aware of doing，apologentic for doing，capable of doing，confident of doing，angry about doing，exact in doing，afraid of doing，fond of doing，guilty of doing，hopeful of doing，intent on doing， tired of doing，responsible for doing，suitable for doing，wrong in doing，right in doing 等； （C）44.She had a hard time mathematics. A. to study B. studies C. studing D. study have ….doing…. 主动态； have………done 被动态； （B）45.He is now accustomed to early. A. works B. working C. work D. worked Bbe accustomed to doing 习惯于； （D）46. The man tries to avoid his manager. A. to meet B. meet C. to be meeting D. meeting 见第 42 题； （A）47.The engineer demanded that Smith with him. A. go B. must to C. went D. will go 见第 28 题； （D）48.The plants have stopped . A. to grow B. to be growing C. for growing D. growing 见第 42 题； 部分连接动词的区别： ○ try doing 意为"尝试"，重在做 ； try to do 意谓"企图"，重在想办法； ○regret doing 指对过去的行为懊悔； regret to do 指对现在的事情抱歉； ○cannot help doing 禁不住； cannot help to do 不能帮忙； ○propose doing 建议做； propose to do 打算做； ○stop smoking 戒烟； stop to smok 停下来吹烟；
○go on doing 继续做同一件事；go on to do 接着做另一件事； ○remember doing 表已完成的； remember to do 表未完成的动作； ○forget doing 忘记已做了的事；forget to do 忘记要做的事； ○agree on doing 商量做某事； agree to do 同意做某事； ○be good at eating 会吃 it is good to eat 很好吃 ○be afraid of dying 恐怕要死了（客观） be afraid to die 害怕得要死（主观） ； ； ○like doing （长期的） 爱好； like to do （一时的）兴趣； ○living 钟爱的；lovely 可爱的； likely 可能的；
（D）1.All my classmates are going to the Summer Palace except . A. he and I B. he and me C. him and I D. him and me 介宾用宾格； （B）2.We can do the experiment better than . A. him and her B. he and she C. him and she D. he and her 比较句中作主语； （D）3.Last Sunday, had a picnic in Pengyuan Park…… A. Ling, Zhengpin and me B. Ling, I and Zhengqin C. I, Ling and Zhengqin D. Ling, Zhengpin and I 排序时"I"在其后； never wanted to be looked down upon. （D）4. A. We woman B. Us women C. Ours women D. We women 同位语； . （B）5.The government and the people sill think a lot about A. we intellectuals B. us intellectuals C. we intellectual D. us intellectual 介宾中的双宾语； （A）6.In some restaurants, food and service are worse than used to be. A. they B. it C. them D. that It 的复数主格为 they ,宾格为 them ; （C）7.Each teacher and office-worker got the bonus entitled to at the end of the year. A. they were B. you were C. he was D. she was 信号词 each 对应 he【外语@教育网 wwwwww.for68.com】 （B）8.If you should meet Wang or Li, tell about the meeting. A. them B. him C. he D. they 信号词 or 对应 him （A）9.Let the porter take all the baggage ort and put in the lobby. A. it B. they C. her D. its Baggage 不可数名词 lobby 大堂 （A）10.Not all the students will have good marks through exams. A. their B. his C. her D. theirs 信号词 not all（部分）对应 their （A）11.Either the postman or the driver must have eaten lunch here. A. his B. its C. their D. theirs either….or…. 两者中的任一个 test paper within the given time. （A）12.Everybody in the class must hand in
A. their B. out C. his D. her everyboby 所有人（复数） ； everyone 每个人（单数） ； （A）13.That is the film star we all know. A. whom B. who C. whoever D. which 宾格 （B）14.Wang is the man we borrow books. A. from who B. from whom C. whom D. who 介宾宾格 （D）15.Send the note to is in that house. A. whomever B. whatever C. whichever D. whoever （B）16. did you say would repair the refrigerator？ A. whom B. who C. what D. whose refrigerator 冰箱 （D）17.The ball-pen he writes is a Ningpo751. A. with it B. with what C. with whichever D. with which （B）18.That is the woman office was broken into last night. A. to whom B whose C. of whom D. on whom 作定语 was looking forward to working overtime. （B）19. A. None office workers B. None of the office workers C. None of the office worker D. None of office worker none of… 当中任何一个都不 （B）20.All the farmers turned up for the meeting except you introduced. A. one B. the one C. he D. yours 有修饰词语时，须加冠词； （B）21.One common family name is Wang; is Li A. another B. the other C. others D. none other One… ,the other… . 两个中的一个——，另一个——。 （B）22.I have two dictionaries: one of the two is a Chinese-English dictionary, and an English-Chinese one. A. another B. the other C. other D. none other （C）23.Some girls have one pig-tail; girls have two. A. another B. the other C. other D. one other one….another… 同一组中的两个个体 some…other…. 一些………另一些…… others 其它的 ，不特指 ； the others 特指的那些 ； both….and…. either….or…. neither….nor…. 雨打沙滩点点坑 两个重要的情态动词结构： 一． must have done 对过去所做的肯定性推断； 二． should have done 本来应该做却没做；
1. you didn't know the rules won't be a sufficient excuse for your delaying submitting the report. A. It is √ B. That C. Because D. What
同谓语； 2. It was a hundred people looked lost in it. A. too large room so B. so a large room where √C. so large a room that D. such a large room which It is …that…. 强调句； so +a.+…that… 3. Advertising is distinguished from other forms of communication the advertiser pays for the message to be delivered. A. where B. in order that √C.in that D. in the way 4. You can fly to London this afternoon you don't mind changing plane for Paris. √A. provided B. unless C. except D. so far as provide 只要；作条件状语从句。 5. he had discovered his error, Jamaica made the necessary corrections in the data. A. As though √ B. As soon as C. As if D. As far as 6. the students were discussing the car accident, Benne put in that the road was icy. A. Since B. Where √ C. While D. As soon as Put in 驶入； 7. They repeated the test several times they succeeded in getting a correct result. A. when B. since √C. until D. for 8. We must begin testing the instrument no matter difficult it is. A. what B. when √C. how D. however No matter how difficult = however it is difficult 9. I left school I had taught that subject for ten years. A. Whenever √B. By the time C. The moment D. Since 10. people say, I believe he is as innocent as a baby unborn. A. Whoever B. However √C. Whatever D. Whenever 11. The more we looked at the abstract painting, . √ A. the less we liked it B. better we liked it C. we liked it less D. it looked better The more …. , the less… 12. I decided to stop and have lunch, I was feeling quite hungry. √A. for B. moreover C. consequently D. whereas 原因状语从句； 13. It was in 1665 the concept of the Earth's gravity interested Isaac Newton. √A. that B. who C. which D. when 强调句； 14. Hardly had Glucia finished his speech the audience stared applauding. A. that B. as C. since √D. when Hardly ….when（before）…. 刚一…就…. 15. Snowdonia will never seem to succeed, hard she tries because no one is supporting her. √A. however B. whenver C. whomever D. whom 16. I don't think that Bob will come here again today, please give the book to comes first. √ A. whoever B. who C. whomever D. whom
17. the punishment was unjust, Henry accepted it without complaint. A. So long as B. Since √C. Even though D. While Complaint 抱怨；让步状语从句； 18. The situation today is obviously different from it was about 30 years ago. √A. what B. when C. which D. such 19. We all got up early that morning we might start before dawn. A. so as to B. in order to √ C. in order that D. so 20. You can not see the doctor you have made an appointment with him. A. if B. except √ C. unless D. when Make an appointment with… 和………有约 21. Whether that is a good solution depends on . √A. how you look at it B. you look at it C. that you look at it D. what you look at it 22. How close parents are to their children a strong influence on the character of the children. A. have B. to have √ C. has D. having 主语从句谓语动词用单数； 23. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill we all sat down to rest. √A. that B. then C. when D. until 24. You will grow wiser you grow older. A. when B. after √ C. as D. since
1. She apologized for _____ the party. A. not her being able to attend B. her not being able to attend C. her being able not to attend D. her being notable to attend 2. I advised _____ , but he turned me a deaf ear. A. him not to smoke again B. him to smoke not again C. him to not smoke again D. not him to smoke again 3. Weighing five hundred pounds, _____. A. the cupboard could not be moved. B. she could not move the cupboard. C. the cupboard was too heavy for one person to move. D. the cupboard was unable to move. 4. Asked about the new play, ____. A. his answer was confident B. he was confidently answered C. he answered confidently D. his answers were confident 5. _____ black clouds covering the sky, he stopped his work and went home. A. To see B. Having been seeing C. Seeing D. having to see 6. _____ , the inhabitants fled. A. The city taken B. The city having been taken C. Having taken the city D. The city being taken 7. _____ , he works very late at nigh. A. Having been choosing director B. Choosing director
C. Having chosen director D. Being chosen director 8. Does he have difficulty _____ English? A. to speak B. speak C. speaking D. spoke 9. In winter we go _____ on the hill. A. skiing B. to ski C. ski D. for ski 10. She _____ playing volley-ball very much. A. has B. wants C. lets D. enjoys 11. The reason _____ I can’t come is that I have to prepare for the coming exam. A. for B. as C. because D. why 12. She studied hard at school when she was young; _____ contributes to her success in her career. A. that B. so that C. so D. which 13. Sound waves travel in the air in much the same way _____ water waves spread on the water. A. as B. that C. where D. in which 14. I’ve got a bottle of beer, but I haven’t got anything _____ I can open it with. A. that B. what C. where D. which 15. Writers can accurately describe objects ______ have never seen. A. who B. if they C. they D. that 16. It wasn’t such a good present _____ he had promised me. A. that B. as C. which D. what 17. Perhaps the day will come _____ people will be able to breathe clean air in cities. A. when B. while C. as D. since 18. To make up an objective test, the teacher writes a series of questions, _____ has only one correct answer. A. each of which B. some of which C. which D. what 19. A higher crime rate exists in cities _____ a large percentage of unemployment. A. where have B. that have C. which they have D. that having 20. Scientists call Newton’s idea _____ gravitation reaches throughout the universe the law of universal gravitation. A. when B. which C. that D. where
21. The person _____ you were talking to was an American. A. who B. whom C. which D. as 22. All _____ is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life. A. what is needed B. that is needed C. for our needs D. thing needed 23. The goals _____ he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him. A. for that B. for which C. for what D. of them 24. Snowdonia is a seashore city _____ you can enjoy yourselves much by visiting the local scenic spots. A. why B. which C. where D. so 25. The inflation made it hard for us to buy the necessities ____. A. which need us B. that we need C. what we need D. as we need 26. Those were the soldiers _____ to save the town. A. whose responsibility was B. in whom there was a responsibility C. whose was the responsibility D. from whom the responsibility 27. It won’t be long _____ the modern communications spread over all the villages in china. A. when B. before C. until D. as 28. The fact _____ doctors recommend that children with hypertension(过度紧张)drink coffee is surprising. A. what B. is that C. that D. of 29. I can never forget the day _____ I first came to college. A. when B. in which C. at which D. which 30. I can never forget the day _____ we spent together. A. when B. in which C. at which D. which 31. The reason _____ he failed the exam was _____ he had not worked hard. A. why……if B. why……that C. that……why D. why……what 32. When you called me this morning, I _____ the newspaper. A. read B. was reading C. reads D. have read 33. _____ to get there on time， we walked as fast as we could. A. hoping B. to hope C. hoped D. being hoped 34. Walking along the river, he heard someone _____ for help. A. shouting B. shout C. shouted D. having shouted
35. _____ into many languages, the book is well known to all. A. Being translated B. Having been translated C. to be translated D. Having been translated 36. Most of the people _____ to her party were her old friends. A. Invited B. to invited C. being invited D. inviting 37. _____ from the moon, the earth with water _____ seventy percent of its surface. A. See/covered B. Seeing/covering C. Seen/covering D. To see/to cover 38. _____ I saw was two men crossing the street. A. What B. Whom C. Who D. That 39. The time will come _____ man can fly to outer space freely. A. that B. when C. in that D. what 40. Before her marriage, she spent a considerable time in that very part of Shanghai,_____ she belonged. A. which B. to where C. to which D. at which 41. The United States is composed of fifty states, two of _____ are separated from the others by land or water. A. them B. that C. which D. those 42. They did not discover until later _____ the car had been destroyed. A. as B. than C. which D. that 43. They overcame all the difficulties and fulfilled the plan ten days ahead of schedule, _____ was something we had not expected. A. that B. this C. it D. which 44. That’s the reason _____ Ann could not do her part of the job. A. that B. of C. because D. why 45. The company official _____ I thought would be fired received a raise. A. whom B. whoever C. who D. of whom 46. In 1990 he caught a serious illness from _____ effects he still suffers. A. that B. which C. what D. whose 47. His brother had become a teacher, _____ he wanted to be. A. who B. what C. which D. that 48. My vacation begins next Tuesday, _____ I will leave for Flofida. A. which B. that
C. while D. when 49. He has made another wonderful discovery, _____ of great importance to science. A. which I think it is B. of which I think is C. I think which is D. which I think is 50. I decided to buy a car because we had sold _____ we had in England before leaving. A. that B. the other C.which D. the one 51. The investigation, _____ will soon be published, was made by John. A. at which the results B. the results on which C. whose results D. at whose results 52. Crude oil is refined in a refinery, _____ makes it possible to get many grades of oils for different uses. A. as B. that C. this D. which 53. I am sure that _____ you said is wrong. A. which B. all C. this D. how 54. He arrived late for the tea party, _____ made us all very disappointed. A. which B. this C. it D. that 55. The people at the party were worried about John because no one was aware _____ he had gone. A. where that B. where C. of the place where D. the place 56. Is there anyone you can think of _____ may know her address? A. which B. that C. who D. what 57. Perhaps the day will come _____ people will live 150 years. A. which B. that C. who D. what 58. It was raining, _____ was a pity. A. what B. that C. as D. which 59. This is the reason _____ an aeroplane can’t fly in space. A. which B. why C. where D. for that 60. We’ve tested three hundred types of boot, _____ completely waterproof. A. no of which B. none of which C. some of that D. neither of which 答案及分析： 1. B 她为没能参加那次聚会而道歉。apologize for 为……而道歉;for 为介词，后跟名 词或动名词，动名词的否定式是其前面直接加否定词 not，故 B 正确。 2. A 我再次建议他不要再吸烟了，但他好像没有听到一样。turn sb a deaf ear 不听某人 的话。advise sb (not) to do sth 建议某人(不要)做某事。注意：不定式的否定式也是其前面直
接加否定词 not, 故 A 正确。 3. C cupboard 小橱，碗橱; 那个碗橱有五百磅重，要想移动对于个人来说是太重了。我 们看 B 选项：she could not move the cupboard. 这句本身没有错误，但是分词 Weighing five hundred pounds，的逻辑主语不是她(she)，而是 the cupboard。分词短语做状语时，其逻辑主 语要和主句主语保持一致. 4.C 被问及这次新的演出时，他回答得很自信。Confidently 是副词，修饰动词 answer， 放在动词前面后面都可以。过去分词做状语，含被动意义，这里 asked 的逻辑主语是 he, 而 不是 his answer. 故 A, D 排除，再看：B, C , “他回答”是主动语态，所以 B 项被动形式错误， 正确答案为：C。 5.C 看到乌云遮盖了天空，他就停下工作回家了。现在分词做伴随状语，其逻辑主语是 主句主语：he. 主动语态，故 C 正确.B 被动形式排除.选项 A 是不定式形式，表目的，将来 要发生的动作，译为：为了要看乌云遮盖天空，他......显然不合题意。D.没有这种用法. 6. B fled 的原形是：flee , 意思是"逃走，逃避";这个城市被占领了，居民们就四处逃生 了.这是一个独立主格结构，两句的主语不是一个. 7. D 由于被选为主任，他晚上工作到很晚.Being chosen director 现在分词短语作原因状 语，相当于原因状语从句：Because he was chosen director. 8. C 他在学习英语上有困难吗?have difficulty (in) doing 干什么有困难;其中 in 可以省 略.固定短语，故 C 正确. 9. A 冬季我们去山上滑雪. go skiing 去滑雪; 10.D 她非常喜欢打排球;enjoy doing sth 喜欢干什么事. 11. D 我不能来来的原因是我必须得为马上来临的考试做准备了.reason 原因，why 引 导原因状语从句。 12. D 年轻时她在学样学习很用功，这对她在以后的职业生涯中取得成功有很大贡献。 这是非限制性定语从句，前面整个句子做先行词，则定语从句只能用关系代词 which，故选 D。 13. A 声波在空气中的传播跟在水面的传播方式是一样的。 引导方式状语从句。 As 引导 方式状语从句的从属连词有：as, as if, as though, just as 等。 14. D 我买了一瓶啤酒，但是我没有什么东西用来打开它。句子“I can open it with”中缺 少宾语，关系代词前有介词时：指人就用 whom，指物就用 which，故选择：D。 15. C 作家们能准确地描述出他们曾见过的事物的特征。 16. B 这个礼物并不像他曾许诺我的那样好。such……as…… 如此……像什么一样; 17. A 或许这样的日子就会来临，人们在城市里能够呼吸到新鲜空气。When 引导时间 状语从句。 18. A 为了组织一场客观的测试， 老师写了一系列问题， 每个问题只有一个正确的答案。 each of which 这些问题中的每一个，非限制性定语从句中“which”这个关系代词代指前面的 “a series of questions”。形式也对，但句子谓语用的是 has，是单数，故 A 正确。 19. B 更高的犯罪率存在于城市那些大量的无业游民中。分析：这个选项我们不要被空 格前的 in cities 所迷惑了， 否则一下就选用地点状语引导词 where 了， 这样句子就不正确了， 因为关系副词是不能做主语的，D 排除;关系代词在句子中可以作主语，C 选项，我们代入 句子看看，主语重复了， which 和 they 都是充当主语，并列这样用，是根本生不通的。D 选项谓语动词不能用分词形式，分词本身词性就是不动词，怎么能充当谓语。答案为：B。 20. C 科学家们称牛顿的引力存在整个宇宙空间的理论思想为万有引力定律。“Call sth sth……” 意为：“称……为……”;我们把句子简化为：Scientists call Newton’s idea the law of universal gravitation. 科学家们称牛顿的思想为万有引力定律;显然， 先行词是 idea, 而它充当
的是宾语，用 which 或 that 来引导，在该类题中，如果既给出 which 又给出 that 供选择时， 应以选 that 为正确答案。 21. B 那个你刚才跟他说话的那个人是个美国人。先行词是指人，在句子中充当的是宾 语(通过：you were talking to，我们看出句子缺少宾语。)，故用 whom. 22. B 所有需要是基本生活资料的持续供应。句子缺少主语，关系代词在句子中充当主 语。当有限定词 all 时，引导定语从句只能用 that. 23. B 那个他曾经为之奋斗了终身的目标，看起来对他已经不再重要了。关系代词举代 指 The goals，在句子中充当宾语，句子中的谓语动词是：fought，“战斗，奋斗”的意思。是 一个不及物动词，后面接宾语时要带上介词，fight for ，为……而奋斗;介词后面接宾语， 表示物时只能用 which 来代替。 24. C Snowdonia 是一个海滨城市，在哪儿你能通过参观当地风景点尽情地享受。先行 词 a seashore city 是表地点的名词，句子主,谓,宾齐全，所以只需考虑用地点状语从句，用关 系副词 where 来引导。 25. B 通货膨胀使得我们买生活用品变得困难了。关系代词指物，作宾语，所以我们考 虑用 which 或 that，A 选项中用的是 which，但是语序不对，不是必须品需要我们，而是我 们需要生活必须品。所以关系 that 代指 the necessities，在句子中做 we need 的宾语。 26. A 那些士兵的责任是保卫那个城市。先行词 the soldiers，指人，关系代在句子中又 是做定语，故用关系代词 whose。C 选项显然不对，定语不能直接做句子主语。 27. A 现代化通讯将遍及中国广大山村地区这个时间不会太远了。先行词表示时间，用 when 这个表示时间的关系副词来引导从句。 28. C 事实上医生建议过度紧张的孩子们喝些咖啡是很有效的。关系代词 that 代指先行 词“The fact”，在句子中充当主语，把这个从句 29. A 我永远忘不了第一次去上大学的那一天.从句主，谓，宾成分完整，只需要时间状 语.先行词：the day 是表示时间的词，用引导词 when 来引导，作为从句的时间状语. 30.D 我永远忘不了我们一起度过的那天.这句话中， 从句缺少宾语， that 或者 which 而 在从句中作主语或宾语. 31. B 他考试失败的原因是他工作不够努力.名词 reason 后的定语从句由 why 引导，表 语从句由 that 引导. 32. B 当你今天早上叫我的时候，我正在读报纸.一般过去进行时态，读报这个动作在你 叫我时正在进行，而你叫我这个动作是过去式，故用一般过去进行式. 33. A 我们走得尽可能地快，希望能准时赶到哪儿.分词短语作伴随状语. 34. A 他沿着河边走时听到有人叫喊求助.分词短语 shouting for help 置于被修饰词 someone 的后面,做宾语补足语.Hear 这个动词后面可以跟宾语再跟现在分词做宾语补足语， 分词短语的动作是由宾语做的. 35. D 由于被翻释成了多种语言， 那本书从而闻名于世.现在分词的完成式， 表示的动作 在句中谓语动词动作之前发生.这句话中：这本书先被翻释成多种语言，然后才闻名遐迩的， 故用现在分词的完成式，另外书是被翻译的，要用被动语态，所以选 D. 36. A 大多被邀请去她晚会的人都是她的老朋友.过去分词做定语，放在所修饰词的后 面，具有被动的概念. 37. C 从月亮上看，地球有百分之七十被水覆盖.第一个空：主句主语是地球，那么从月 球上看地球这个空，由于主语是地球，地球是被看的，故用过去分词形式，表被动.第二个 空：现在分词短语放在所修饰词的后面，具有主动的含义，水覆盖地表的百分之七十，所以 用 covering，如果用 covered 就表示水被百分之七十的地面所覆盖，这显然不符合现实.故答 案 C 正确.
38. A 我所看到的是两个男人穿过了那个街道.这是一个由 what 引导的主语从句，what 做的是 saw 的宾语，What I saw，我所看到的，这部分做句子的主语. 39. B 我想这个时代将会来临，人类能够自由地飞出太空.这是一个由 when 引导的时间 状语从句. 40. C 在她出嫁之前，她花了很多时间在上海，那个生她养她的地方. Belong to 属 于……; 这是一个非限制性定语从句,从句缺少宾语,并且从句谓语 belong 是一个不及物动词, 接宾语时要带上介词 to, 所以由 which 来引导(当指物,并且关系代词前有介词时,要用 which, 而不能用 that). 41. C 美国由五十个州组成,其中两个州与其它州完全由陆地或水隔开.这个非限制性定 语从句中,关系代词代指的是 fifty states, 并且前面有介词,所以要用 which; 42. D 至到最后,他们才发现车已经被毁坏了. that 在这里引导宾语从句.that the car had been destroyed 这个宾语从句做的是主句谓语动词 discover 的宾语. 43. D 他们克服了所有的困难并且提前十天完成了计划,这是我们不曾预料到的.这个非 限制性定语从句中,从句缺少主语,用 which 或者 that 来引导,但是我们注意到: 关系代词代指 的是前面一句话, 故一定要用 which 来引导. 44. D 这就是 Ann 不愿意做兼职的原因. Why 引导原因状语从句. 45. C 我认为将被解聘的那个公司经理升职了.先行词为人,关系代词在从句中充当主语, 故用 who 来引导. 46. D 1990 年他患过一场严重的疾病,他现在依然承受着那场病留下的后遗症带来的痛 苦.引导词在句子中充当定语,能做定语的关系代词只有 whose. 47. C 他的哥哥已经成为一名老师,这正是他所想要的.非限制性定语从句,关系代词在从 句中充当宾语,只能用 which. 48. D 我的假期从下一周二开始,那时我将去佛罗里德.非限制性定语从句,关系代词引导 的是时间状语从句,故用 when. 49. D 他实验出了另一项伟大的发明,我认为这对科学界有重大意义.非限制性定语从句, 先行词是 another wonderful discovery,关系代词在从句中充当宾语.所以用 which. 50. D 我决定买一辆车,因为我们把在英国那辆在离开之前给卖了.我们注意这个句子主 句还不完整,缺少宾语,用代词 the one 来做宾语,从句也少宾语,我们用引导词 which 来引导这 个限制性定语从句,所以应该填补: the one which .但是我们在讲语法时讲过,在限制性定语从 句中,引导词做宾语时可以省略.故 D 正确. 51. C 那个结果很快将被公布出来的调查是由 John 主做的.非限制性定语从句,关系代词 在从句中做定语,只能用 whose 来引导,C 正确. 52. D 原油在精炼厂被加工,这使得有可能得到不同等级的油而满足不同的需要.非限制 性从句中,从句缺少主语,可以用 which 或者 that 来引导,但是我们注意:这个关系代词代指的 是前面的句子,这时就必须用 which. 53. B 我确信你所说的一切是错误的.句子中的引导词是 that, 从句中动词 said 缺少宾 语,all you said 意思是:你所说的一切,然后,这句话由关系代 that 来引导做从句的主语. 54. A 他去参加晚荼会晚了,这件事让我们都很失望. 非限制性定语从句中关系代词代 指的是前面一句话,只能用 which. 55. B 晚会上的人在担心约翰,因为没有人注意到他去哪儿了.where 引导地点状语从句, 从句 he had gone 中不缺少成分,所以只需要地点状语.答案为 B. 56. C 你能想到有什么人知道她的地址吗?先行词是 anyone,指人,关系代词又在从句中 充当主语,故用 who 来引导. 57. B 也许这一天就会来临,那时人们将能活够 150 年.先行词指的是时间,由 when 来引
导时间状语从句. 58. D 天在下雨,这真是遗憾. 非限制性定语从句,关系代词代指的是前面一句话,所以要 用 which. 59. B 这就是宇航员不能在太空飞的原因.先行词为 reason,故 why 来引导原因状语从句. 60. B 我们试了三百种长统靴,没有一种是完全防水的.在这些靴子当中没有一种是防水 的, 关系代词代指 three hundred types of boot, 在这些靴子当中要用到 of,而 of 是介词,关系代 词前面有介词时要用 which.