江苏省 2018 年普通高校对口单招文化统考 英语试题 第一部分：语言知识运用（共 40 小题，每小题 1 分，共 40 分） 第一节 在本节中，你将读到 10 个句子，从题后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出可以填 入空白处的最佳选项，并将答题卡上对应选项的方框涂满、涂黑。 1. That Ann won ________ first prize in the National Teenagers Chess Competition is ________ great success for her. A. a; a B. the; the C. the; a D. a; the
2. It’s necessary for adults to put all dangerous things out of children’s ________. A. control B. reach C. work D. distance
3. By the time I returned to my hometown, great changes ________. A. have taken place taken place 4. ________ you make efforts, your dream will come true some day. A. Even if that 5. The volunteers must have broadened the road yesterday, ________? A. mustn’t they weren’t they 6. The manager suggested that all the employees ________ name tags in the company. A. to wear B. should wear C. must wear D. wearing B. haven’t they C. didn’t they D. B. As if C. As long as D. Now B. took place C. are taken place D. had
7. People find it easier to ________ the beginning and end of a telephone number than the middle. A. remind B. repeat C. recall D. replace
8. Keep these rules in mind, ________ you are sure to be successful in the job interview. A. and B. unless C. or D. since
9. Life is changeable. We don’t know what we will ________ around the next corner. A. come out B. come across
C. come to
D. come on
10. The reason ________ he was late for the gathering is ________ he was caught in a traffic jam. A. why; because B. that; why C. that; that D. why; that
第二节 在本节中，你将读到 15 个短对话或片段，从题后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选 出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并将答题卡上对应选项的方框涂满、涂黑。 11. –Why don’t you join an English club to practice speaking English? –________. A. It’s my pleasure B. Take it easy C. That’s all right D. That’s a good idea 12. –Make sure that you have turned off all the computers in the office before you leave. –________. A. Made it Heard it 13. –Do you mind my recording your lecture, Mr. White? –________. Go ahead. A. Of course better not 14. –Are you going to take part in the coming French Speech Contest? –________ It’s too good an opportunity to miss. A. No problem! Why bother? 15. –Can you read the sign, sir? No parking is allowed in the street. –________ A. How come? me. Lisa: I’m afraid we just don’t see eye to eye on this. Let’s call the rest team members to a B. Don’t mention it. C. Yes, I know. D. Pardon B. That’s for sure. C. Why me? D. B. No way C. Not at all D. You’d B. Got it C. Forgot it D.
meeting to discuss it. John: OK, let’s do that. 16. It’s clear that Lisa ________ John. A. doesn’t like respects M: I really love the beach when the sand is soft and the water doesn’t make waves. W: But I prefer an angry sea. That makes me excited and energetic. 17. The women likes ________. A. the beach sand W: Is there anything I can do for you? M: Yes, I’d like to open an account. In addition, cash the checks for me. 18. This conversation probably takes place ________. A. in a post office in a museum W: Dear me! Somebody has been leaving the tap running! There is water everywhere. What a terrible mess! M: Don’t look at me! 19. The man means that ________. A. he feels very shy B. he doesn’t like the woman C. he doesn’t like the way the woman looks at him D. it’s not he that has left the tap running W: The waiter was making a call while taking my order. Even worse, he gave me an eye roll when I interrupted him. M: That’s too bad. You should make a complaint to the boss. 20. They are talking about ________. A. the man’s work experience as a waiter B. making an order on the phone B. in a supermarket C. in a bank D. B. a stormy ocean C. calm water D. the B. doesn’t agree with C. agrees with D.
C. workplace safety policy D. the service the woman has received M: How do you like your job training? W: To my mind, it’s quite necessary and educational. It will be of great benefit of me. 21. The woman’s attitude towards the job training is ________. A. positive disappointed Tina: Polly, do you spend most of your spare time on the Internet? Polly: Honestly speaking, no. I’m not one of those guys who are always playing online games or surfing the Internet. I think, nowadays, many people spend too much time on their computers and mobile phones, but not enough time in front of one another. 22. From Polly’s point of view, people should ________. A. surf the Internet C. play online games B. learn more new things D. communicate with one another B. negative C. discouraged D.
I think I have many skills and qualities that I could use in this role. I have previous experience of managing housekeeping. I am easy-going. I get on well with others and can work as a part of team. 23. This is an excerpt from ________. A. a job application letter C. a recommendation letter B. a resume D. a poster
W: I got a terrible e-mail from Vincent. He doesn’t want to be my friend any more. M: That must be hard on you. Cheer up! I’ll be with you. 24. Why did the woman get sad? A. Because she received an apology letter. B. Because she felt sick. C. Because she lost a friend of hers. D. Because she lost her mail. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to take DELL Flight. We will depart from Shanghai and travel for 11 hours to our destination—Sydney. The arrival time is 10 p.m. We sincerely hope that you will
have a nice journey. Please fasten your seat belt before taking off. 25. Where can the words be heard? A. On a train. D. At a bus station. 第三节 在本节中，你将读到一段对话，从方框中所给的 A、B、C、D、E 五个选项中选出可 以填入空白处的最佳选项，并将答题卡上对应选项的方框涂满、涂黑。 A: Will that be OK? B: How much are the tickets? C: Two second-class is fine, thank you. D: May I help you? E: Have a nice trip. W: Good morning. 26 B. At the airport. C. In a plane.
M: Hi, we’d like two tickets to Fuzhou, please. W: Fuzhou. Certainly. Travelling today? M: Yes. W: The next train is at 12:00. M: I’ll take the 12:00 tickets. W: Single or return? M: Two singles. 28 27
W: First-class is 100 yuan and second-class is 80 yuan. M: 29
W: That’s 160 yuan, please. M: Here’s the money. W: And here are your tickets. 30
第四节 在本节中，你将读到一篇短文，从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选 出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并将答题卡上对应选项的方框涂满、涂黑。 Life is short, so you have to make good 31 of it every day. Has anybody
ever told you that we should value our life? Maybe they just said “YOLO” to you instead. YOLO stands 32 “You Only Live Once”, and is a very popular saying
on social media. Having a YOLO lifestyle means that you make the most of every day. It means you should enjoy your life 33 everybody gets only one life. Someone 34 has
a YOLO lifestyle is always open to doing new, fun activities. Now, thanks to a US study, YOLO might be more than just a popular study found it might be healthier to have a YOLO lifestyle! A research team did a(n) 36 with two groups of students from different 35 . A
US universities. One group pretended they only had 30 days left before moving to a new city. They did lots of activities and spent time with people they loved. 37
other words, they had a YOLO lifestyle. The other group continued living their normal lives. At the end of the experiment the students did a survey to find out how happy they were. It showed that the 38 group was much happier.
“The study shows that being active and making close friendships are important to 39 life,” the research group told the Washington Post. They 40
called on others to do experiments with different groups of people and see if their findings were similar. 31. A. use 32. A. as 33. A. if 34. A. whom 35. A. saving 36. A. advertisement treatment 37. A. On 38. A. first 39. A. losing 40. A. also B. From B. second B. enjoying B. instead C. To C. third C. saving C. never D. In D. last D. killing D. though B. fun B. for B. because B. what B. letter B. operation C. trouble C. against C. until C. who C. book C. experiment D. care D. in D. unless D. which D. poem D.
第二部分：阅读理解（共 22 小题：第 41~58 题每小题 2 分，第 59~62 题每小题 1 分，共 40 分）
第五节 在本节中，你将读到三则阅读材料，从题后所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出最佳 答案，并将答题卡上对应选项的方框涂满、涂黑。 A Mrs. Green has a bottle of medicine named 999 POWDER FOR COLD at home. Here are the instructions. Description: For the relief of common cold, cough, headache, fever and sore throat. Directions: Take three times after meals. You must obey the following dese（剂量）each time: Under 6 years: ask for a doctor 6~11 years: 1/2 spoon=5g Weight: 60g each bottle Production Date: Dec. 2014 Keeping Time: 3 years Warning: 1. Put in a cool, dry and clean place. Keep away from sunlight and the reach of children. 2. Don’t overdose. In case of overdose, get medical help as soon as possible. 3. Don’t take if you have heart disease, high blood pressure or you are going to give a birth. 4. Stop taking and go to ask a doctor if you feel sleepy, tired and nervous in an hour after taking. 5. Don’t keep on using over one week. 41. What kind of patients mustn’t take 999 POWDER FOR COLD? A. The patients who have got a fever or headache. B. The patients who have got a cough or headache. C. The patients who have got a sore throat. D. The patients who have high blood pressure or heart disease. 42. What is the best time to take the medicine? A. At 6 a.m. after one wakes up. lunch. C. At 5:30 p.m. before dinner. bedtime. D. At 10 p.m. before B. At 12 o’clock after
43. How many days can the medicine last for a 9-year-old patient? A. One day. C. Three days. B. Two days. D. Four days.
44. Which of the following is the best place for keeping the medicine? A. A place near the sink in the kitchen. B. A clean place near the window. C. A clean drawer in the bedroom. D. A dry place near in fireplace. 45. Mrs. Green’s six-month-old baby son has got a cold. What do you think she should do? A. She should feed him 1/2 spoon of 999 POWDER FOR COLD three times a day. B. She should take him to see a doctor and ask for the doctor’s advice. C. She should feed him 1 spoon of 999 POWDER FOR COLD only once. D. She should feed him 1/2 spoon of 999 POWDER FOR COLD only once. 46. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Patients can use the medicine for more than a week. B. If patients take more than one spoon at a time, they need to see a doctor. C. If patients don’t feel well after taking the medicine, they need to see a doctor. D. Patients can’t take the medicine in December, 2018. B Anvitha Vijay, nine, has created many educational apps. The young girl from Melbourne, Australia, learned to code （编程） at the age of seven. Soon, she was trying her hand at making apps. “When I first got my iPad, I was interested in all the apps on it,” she said. “It wasn’t long before I wanted to create my own.” She built her first two apps with her younger sister. Smartkins Animals helps children identify animals. Smartkins Rainbow Colors teaches kids colors. Each app has been downloaded thousands of times. Anvitha’s skills gave her an opportunity to attend a big meeting hosted by Apple
in San Francisco, California. There, she got tips from experts. She went to workshops where she learned about the latest software such as Sketch for app building. All that training led to an idea for a third app. This one, called GoalsHi, helps kids to practice good habits. Users are rewarded for achieving goals, such as eating their vegetables or practicing the piano. Anvitha says the rewards are like getting a sticker（贴纸）for a job that they do well. “Kids can set goals with this app and get starts when they achieve them,” she says. “The idea is to encourage kids to achieve one little step a day.” Anvitha’s goal is to continue creating apps that help kids learn while having fun. But even more important to her is that the world sees the power of technology in kids’ hands. “The more training we get in technology at an early age,” she says, “the better chance we have of becoming a person who will one day change the world.” 47. Which of the following is TRUE about Anvitha Vijay? A. She started to learn to code when she was nine. B. She has created three educational apps. C. Her brother helped her create some apps. D. She is from San Francisco, California. 48. Which app can help children identify colors? A. Sketch. C. Smartkins Animals. 49. What did Anvitha do during the meeting? A. She did some sightseeing. B. She visited some famous universities. C. She was rewarded by the host of the meeting. D. She got some tips from app experts and learned about the latest software for app building. 50. Anvitha hopes to create apps that ________. A. help children to learn happily B. help parents to teach their children
B. GoalsHi. D. Smartkin Rainbow Colors.
C. help kids to communicate with each other D. help teachers to teach their students 51. What is probably the best title for the passage? A. A Child’s Goal C. Anvitha—An App Maker C More Chinese universities are opening their libraries to the public, allowing people to enjoy reading during normal time and the vacations. But for some students, including Wang Ling, 21, in Sun Yet-sen University, this practice has caused headaches. “Members of the public come to our library more for sightseeing than reading,” Said Wang. “They sometimes even bring their kids along, and take photos as if it were a place of interest.” Wang has found it hard to get a sear during busy times. Being short of space is a common problem for university libraries in China. However, this is not the only reason why students dislike their libraries being open to members of the public. They fear that the quietness of the libraries will be influenced because of visitors’ rude behavior. Chen Jie, 18, a student in Tongji University, is one who would be against opening to the public. “I have been to a public library before. People were chatting loudly or speaking on cellphone so you can hardly read,” Chen said. She notices teachers doing serious reading and feels their concentration has influenced her. “If too many strangers stay here, the whole library will be a noisy place and it’s difficult for us to study quietly,” she said. Will there be alternative（可替代的）ways to share those libraries? Some experts consider that university libraries can prevent the public from entering certain areas. “We might keep magazines for academic research only for teachers and students,” said Zhu Lina, the library director in Jinan University. Working together with the community library is another solution. “It’s possible that a member of the public can order a book in our library over the
B. Children and Apps D. A New Educational App
Internet,” Ge Jianxiong, the library director in Fudan University said. “We’ll send it to a public library close to their home.” 52. We can see from the passage that Wang Ling ________. A. hates to study in the library B. prefers sightseeing to reading C. is a university student aged 21 D. feels good to play with kids 53. Students dislike their libraries being open to members of the public, because they fear ________. A. the visitors may disturb the quietness of the libraries B. the visitors may take a lot of photos of the students C. the visitors will find the books too difficult to read D. the visitors may take books away from the libraries 54. Chen Jie is a student who ________. A. likes members of the public to visit their library B. is against the opinion of libraries open to the public C. welcomes visitors to pay attention to the students D. wishes to help the visitor to do their reading 55. The writer mentions two library directors’ words to help explain how to ________. A. manage libraries on line B. keep the public polite C. share university libraries D. do scientific research 56. How many solutions to share those libraries are mentioned in the passage? A. One. B. Two. C. Three. D. None.
第六节 在本节中， 你将读到两个分别来自阅读理解 B 篇和 C 篇中有下划线的句子， 请根据 上下文将它们翻译成中文，并将答案写在答题卡上对应处。 57. But even more important to her is that the world sees the power of technology in kids’ hands.
58. If too many strangers stay here, the whole library will be a noisy place and it’s difficult for us to study quietly. 第七节 在本节中，你将读到一篇短文。根据所读内容，在短文后表格中的空格处填入一个 恰当的词，并恰当的词，并将答案写在答题卡上对应处，每空一词。 Stress is what you feel when you are worried too much about something. This worry in your mind can make your body feel bad. You may feel angry, sad, scared, or afraid—all of which can give you a stomachache or a headache. Actually, there are two kinds of stress. Some kind of stress is good. Good stress might happen when you’re called to answer questions in class or when you have to give a speech. This kind of stress can help you get things better done. For example, you may do a better job on your test if the stress pushes you to prepare better before the test. On the other hand, bad stress can happen if the stress lasts too long. You may not feel well if your parents are fighting, if a family member is badly ill, if you’re having problems at school, or if anything else makes you unhappy every day. That kind of stress isn’t going to help you. And it can actually make you sick. The best way to fight bad stress is to have a balanced life. Make sure you keep them in mind: sleep, exercise, leisure（休闲）and food. If you get enough sleep and eat properly, and if you exercise and leave time for fun, you’ll probably feel less stressed. Stress and Balance Good stress It might happen when you have to speak in public. It will 59 you get things better done. 60 before doing your job. 61 too long.
It will make you well Bad stress
It might happen if your stress
It may be caused by the illness of a family member, problems at school, etc. It might stop you from getting your work well done. Solution The best way to cope with bad stress is to keep 62 of your life.
书面表达（百强校英语解析团队专供） （20 分）
63. 请你以 Let’s Go on Using Shared Bikes 为题，写一篇短文。内容要点： 近几年，共享单车在中国城市很普及，它给人们的生活带来了很大的影响。 （1）首先，共享单车是一种廉价的交通方式（means of transportation） ，给人们带 来了极大的便利。 （2）共享单车还减少了人们对汽车的依赖、节约了能源，并改善了交通状况。 （3）同时，共享单车节省空间，并且不会产生污染，有利于保护环境。 总之，我们要鼓励更多的人使用共享单车，并希望它能得到有效的管理，使人们更自觉 地爱护它。让我们骑上共享单车，共同创建绿色、环保的美丽中国。 写作要求： （1）词数不少于 80。 （2）鼓励紧扣主题的适当发挥。 （3）本题在答题卡上对应处作答。 Let’s Go on Using Shared Bikes
2018 年江苏省普通高校对口单招文化统考 英语试题答案 第一部分：语言知识运用（共 40 小题，每小题 1 分，共 40 分） 1 2 3 4 5 C B D C C 6 7 8 9 10 B C A B D 11 12 13 14 15 D B C B D 16 17 18 19 20 B B C D D 21 22 23 24 25 A D A C C 26 27 28 29 30 D A B C E 31 32 33 34 35 A B B C A 36 37 38 39 40 C D A B A
第二部分：阅读理解（共 22 小题；第 41~58 题每小题 2 分，第 59~62 题每小题 1 分，共 40 分） 41 42 43 44 D B D C 45 46 47 48 B A B D 49 50 51 52 D A C C 53 54 55 56 A B C B
第六节（共 2 小题，每小题 2 分，共 4 分，考生须根据所提供的英语句子及文章的上下文， 将句子翻译成中文。根据情况酌情扣分） 57. 但是对她来说更为重要的是， （1 分）这个世界见证了这项技术 1 权掌握在孩子们的手 中。 （1 分） 58. 如果太多的陌生人逗留在图书馆里， （1 分）这里将成为一个吵闹的地方， （0.5 分）我 们难以安静地学习。 （0.5 分） 第七节（共 4 小题，每小题 1 分，共 4 分） 59. help 60. prepared 61. lasts 62. balance 第三部分 书面表达（20 分）
Let’s Go on Using Shared Bikes In recent years, shared bikes have become very popular in China, especially in cities. They have exerted great influence on people’s life. To begin with, shared bikes are a cheap means of transportation and they can bring great convenience. Moreover, shared bikes also reduce people’s reliance on automobiles, thus saving energy and improving traffic conditions. Meanwhile, shared bikes save space, too. They produce no pollution and are good for environmental protection. In a word, we should encourage more individuals to go on using shared bikes. We also hope that there will be effective management so that they can be taken good care of by every user. Come on, let’s get on shared bikes and work together to build a green, environment-friendly and beautiful China.