English around the world
1. voyage/journey/travel/trip/tour 词语 辨析 2. frequent/common/ordinary/general/regular 3. especially/ specially 4. a number of / the number of 1. actual adj. 实际的 2. base n. 基地；基础 3. east n. 东方 actually adv. 实际上；事实上 base v. 以……为根据 eastern adj. 东方的；东部的 basic adj. 基本的
词形 变化 词 汇 部 分
1. present n. 礼物 adj. 在场的；目前的 vt. 赠送 2. command n.& v. 命令；指令；掌握 3. request n.& v. 请求；要求 4. recognize vt. 辨认出；承认；公认 5. straight adj.笔直的；正直的 adv. 直接；挺直 6. block vt. 堵塞；阻碍 n. 街区；木块；石块 1. come up 走近；上来；提出 2. make use of 利用；使用 3. such as 例如；像这种的 4. play a part (in) 扮演一个角色；参与 5. because of 因为；由于 1. Why do you think people all over the world want to learn English? 2. 状语从句中的省略 直接引语和间接引语 （见语法部分）
I 词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料)
1. voyage/journey/travel/trip/tour 【解释】 voyage: 去国外或较远地方的海上旅行 journey: 指较远的从一地到另一地旅行 travel: trip: 一系列的旅程，尤指旅行的概念 (短途)旅行
tour: 为了公务、娱乐或教育参观多处名胜的旅行 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). It is tiring to take a long _______ by train from Paris to Moscow. 2). The _________ from England to Australia used to take several months. 3). We’ll have time for a ______ to France next weekend. 4). We went on a guided ______ round the castle. 答案: 1). journey 2). voyage 3). trip 4). tour 2. frequent/common/ordinary/general/regular 【解释】
frequent 经常的，时间或间歇很短的发生或出现 common 通常的、常发生的、广泛使用或众所周知的 ordinary 指种类普通且不能从其他中加以区别的，有时含贬义 general 一般性的，到处的；不限于领域、地区或应用 regular 平常的；惯例的；习惯性的、通常的或正常的 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). This is a ___________ problem. 2). He often makes ___________ errors of judgment. 3)．Look at the train’s ___________ schedule. 4)．The violinist gave a very ___________ performance marked by an occasional memory lapse. 5)．As a ____________ rule I am home by six. 答案: 1). common 2). frequent 3). regular 4). ordinary 5). general 3. especially/ specially 【解释】 especially 意思是“尤其，特别” ，表达事物的不寻常或特别重要 specially 指为了某一目的，专门做某事 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Our city is very beautiful, ___________ in spring. 我们城市很美丽，尤其在春天。 2). He came here ___________ to ask you for help. 他是专程来这里向你求助的。 答案: 1). especially 2). specially 4 a number of / the number of 【解释】 a number of 意思是“若干；许多” the number of 意思是“……的数目” 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Today ___________ people learning Chinese in the world is raising rapidly. 2). ____________ books in the market are in English. 答案: 1). the number of 2). A number of
II 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料）
1. actual adj. 实际的 2. base n. 基地；基础 3. east n. 东方 actually adv. 实际上；事实上 base v. 以……为根据 eastern adj. 东方的；东部的 basic adj. 基本的
【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) What did he _________ say? (actual) 2) The __________ cost was much higher than we had expected. (actual) 3）My knowledge of physics is pretty _________. (base) 4）She used her family's history as a _________ for her novel. (base) 5）This novel is ________ on historical facts. (base) 6）He is interested in ________ customs. (determine) 7) The wind is blowing from the __________. (determine) 答案: 1) actually 2) actual 3) basic 4) base 5) based 6) eastern 7) east
Ⅲ 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料）
1. present n. 礼物 adj. 在场的；目前的 vt. 赠送 [典例] 1). The mountain bike is a birthday present from my parents.这辆山地自行车是父母给我的生日礼物。 2). I am afraid I can’t help you at present. 恐怕现在我没法帮助你。 3). Were you present when the decision was announced? 宣布那项决定时你在场吗？ 4). In the present case, I advise you to wait. 按照目前的情况，我建议你等等。 5). May I present my new assistant to you? 请允许我向你介绍我的新助手。 [重点用法] make sb. a present of sth.将某物赠送给某人 at present/ at the present time 目前 be present at 出席 present-day attitudes/fashion 现在的态度/流行款式 present sb.with sth = present sth. to sb.把某物送给某人 [练习] 中译英 1). 所有（那些）在场者一眼就看出那个错误。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 这本书是哥哥赠送给我的。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). The mistake was obvious to all (those) present. 2). This book was a present from my brother. 2. command n.& v. 命令；指令；掌握 [典例] 1). The officer commanded his soldiers to fire. 那名军官命令士兵们开火。 [重点用法] command sb. to do sth 命令某人做某事 be under the command of 由…指挥,由…控制 be in command of 控制… be at one’s command 听任某人支配 have / take command of… 指挥… [特别提醒] command 后接 that 从句时要用虚拟语气 [练习] 用适当的介词填空 1). For the first time in years, she felt ______ command of her life. 2). The army is __________ the king’s direct command. 3). The police arrived and took command ________ the situation. 答案: 1). in 2). under 3). of 3. request n.& v. 请求；要求 [典例] 1). Your requests will be granted. 你的请求能够获准。. 2). I requested him to help. 我请求他帮忙。 [重点用法] at sb's request/at the request of sb 应某人之请求 by request (of sb) 应（某人的）请求; 经（某人之）要求:
on request 一经要求: request sth (from/of sb)要求, （尤指）请求某人做某事: [练习] 中译英。 1). 我是（特别）应你要求而来。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 请不要吸烟。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). I came at your (special) request. 2). You are (kindly) requested not to smoke. 4. recognize vt. 辨认出；承认；公认 [典例] 1). I recognized her by her red hat. 我根据她的红色帽子认出了她。 2). Everyone recognized him to be the lawful heir/as the lawful heir. 大家都承认他为合法继承人。 [重点用法] recognize…by sth 认出或识别某人/某事物 recognize…as sth 承认某人/某事物是 recognize…to be 承认…是 [练习] 中译英 1). 人们都承认他是他们理所当然的领袖。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 我认出他是我朋友的哥哥。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). He is recognized to be their natural leader. 2). I recognized him as my friend’s brother. 5. straight adj.笔直的；正直的 adv. 直接；挺直 [典例] 1). This is a straight road. 这是一条直路。 2). She went straight from school to university. 她中学一毕业就马上进了大学。 [练习] 中译英 1).我的领带系得正不正? 2). 一直往前看。 答案: 1). Is my tie straight? 2). Look straight ahead. 6. block vt. 堵塞；阻碍 n. 街区；木块；石块 [典例] 1). He lives three blocks away from here. 他住的地方与此处相隔三条街. 2). A large crowd blocked the corridors and exits. 人群把走廊和出口都堵死了 [重点用法] a block of 一大块 block out 堵住 block off 封锁；封闭 block up 堵塞；阻碍 [练习] 中译英 1). 他们在绕楼群散步。 __________________________________________________________________________________________
2). 大雪阻塞了所有通往苏格兰的道路。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). They are taking a walk round the block. 2). Heavy snow is blocking all roads into Scotland.
Ⅳ重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 重点词组
1. come up 走近；上来；提出 [典例] 1). The little by came up to the stranger and showed him how to get to the police station. 小男孩向陌生人走去，并告诉他去警察局的路。 2). We won’t forget the day when we watched the sun come up on top of the Tai Mountain. 我们不会忘记那天我们一块在泰山顶看日出。 3). It is certain that the question will come up at the meeting. 这个问题在会议上一定会被提出来的。 4). The snowdrops are just beginning to come up. 雪莲花刚刚开始长出地面。 5). I am afraid something urgent has come up. 恐怕发生了什么急事。 [短语归纳] come across 邂逅 come about 发生 come at 向…扑来,攻击 come from 来自 come out 出版;开花；结果是 come up with 想出 come round 绕道而来 come down 落下,塌下 [练习] 用 come 构成的词组填空。 1). The hunter walked across the forest when suddenly a bear _______ him. 2). The magazine __________ once a month. 3). I wish you can ___________ to England on your holiday. 4). The engineers has ______________ new ways of saving energy. 5). They ___________ an old school friend in the street this morning. 答案: 1). came at 2). comes out 3). come over 4). come up with 5). came across 2. make use of 利用；使用 [典例] 1). You ought to make good use of any opportunity to practise English. 你应该好好利用机会练习英语。 [短语归纳] make good use of 好好利用 make full use of 充分利用 make the best/most of 充分利用 [练习] 1). 要充分利用一切机会说英语。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 我们要很好地发挥她的才能。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). Make full use of every chance you have to speak English. 2). We will make good use of her talents. 3. such as 例如；像这种的 [典例]
1). Such poets as Keats and Shelley wrote Romantic poetry. 有些诗人, 如济慈和雪莱, 写的是浪漫主义的诗歌 2). Wild flowers such as orchids and primroses are becoming rare. 兰花和报春花之类的野花越来越少了 [练习] 用 such as 或 for example 填空 1). I like drinks __________ tea and soda. 2). The report is incomplete; it doesn’t include sales in France, ________. 答案: 1) such as 2). For example 4. play a part (in) 扮演一个角色；参与 [典例] 1). She plays an active part in local politics. 她积极参与地方政治活动。 2). She played a major part in the success of the scheme. 她对该计划的成功起了重要作用。 [短语归纳] take part (in sth)参加, 参与（某事物 the best part of sth（某事物的）绝大部分（尤指一段时间）: for the most part 整体上; 通常; 多半 for my part 就我来说 [练习] 中译英 1). 有多少国家要参加（世界杯赛）？ __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 对我来说, 到哪儿吃饭都无所谓。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). How many countries will be taking part (in the World Cup)? 2). For my part, I don't mind where we eat. 6. because of 因为；由于 [典例] 1). They are here because of us. 他们是因为我们来这里的。 [短语归纳] because of 是复合介词。 because 是从属连词，引导原因状语从句。 [练习] 中译英 1). 因为腿受伤了，他走得很慢。 2). 因为错过了公共汽车，我们只好步行回家。 ————————————————————————————————————————————— 答案:1). He walked slowly because of his injured leg. / He walked slowly because his leg was injured. 2). We had to walk home because of missing the bus. / We had to walk because we missed the bus.
V 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料）
1. Which country do you think has the most English learners? [解释]do you think/believe/expect/ find/know/suppose 作为插入语,放在特殊疑问词后，其它内容紧跟其后并 用陈述语序。
What time do you expect we will come and pick you up？你希望我们几点来接你？ What do you suppose he will do after he hears about the good news？ 你认为他听到那个好消息后会做什么呢？ Why do you think their team could win the football match? 你认为他们队为什么能赢得那场足球赛呢？ 2. Today, more people speak English as their first, second or a foreign language than ever before. [解释] than ever before 常与比较级连用，意为“比以往任何时候更” 。如： The stars were shining brightly in the dark sky, and the night was more beautiful than ever before. 繁星点缀 在夜空里，夜晚比以往更美。 [练习] 中译英 1). 简看起来比以前漂亮多了。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 雨下得比以前更大。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). Jane looks much prettier than ever before. 2). It's raining harder than ever before.
1 课文词汇等填空 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等）
根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： At the end of the 16th century, English was only spoken by people from England. They were native speakers. Today, the largest number of people 1 (speak) English may be in China. A lot of Chinese people speak their foreign language. English 2 3 English language has changed quite a lot over the last four centuries. Old English sound more 4 less like German for it was 5 on German, but modern English sounds more like French than German 6 England was once ruled by the French. Two people had great effects on the English changes. One was Shakespeare, who 7 (large) the English 9 wrote a dictionary 10 gave American English its own 8 (词汇) ; the other was Noah Webster, identity. 答案：1.speaking 2. as 3. The 4. or 8.vocabulary 9. who 10. that/which 5. based 6. because 7.enlarged
2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力）
阅读课文，试着用 30 来个单词概括课文大意或翻译下面短文。 这篇课文讲述了英语的发展史。 英语随着时间的流逝而发生了变化，全世界的人们都说英语。 The passages shows us _____________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案：The passages shows us a history of the development of English. English has changed over time and it is spoken all over the world.
3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和写作能力）
1.【原句】With your partner, list the countries that use English as an official language.和你的同学一起列出把英 语作为官方语言的国家。
[模仿要点] 句子结构 【模仿 1】请用这些词，造一个句子来描述你心中的想法。 】请用这些词，造一个句子来描述你心中的想法。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：With these words, please make up a sentence that can describe what you feel in your mind. 【模仿 2】他用了各种色彩，画一幅画显示了他家乡的变化。 】他用了各种色彩，画一幅画显示了他家乡的变化。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：With different colors, he painted a picture that showed the change of his hometown.. 2． ． 【原句】 English is also spoken in Singapore and Malaysia and countries in Africa such as south Africa. 在新加 【 】 坡，马来西亚和非洲其他国家，比如南非，人们也说英语。 [模仿要点] 列举三者以上事物的表达 【模仿 1】下课后我喜欢去踢足球，打篮球和参加一些有趣的活动如唱歌跳舞 】 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：After class I like to play football and basketball and take part in some interesting activities such as dancing and singing. 【模仿 2】在英国旅游期间，我们参考了博物馆，城堡和一些名胜如一些公园和花园。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：During the tour in the UK, we visited museums, castles and some places of interest such as some parks and gardens.
模块） 单元自测 （模块）
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 字数：216 完成时间： 分钟 15 难度：****
For the past weeks, Seoul, the capital of the Republic of Korea (ROK), had been swept with anger. Tens of thousands of people 21 by candlelight with banners，saying "Mad cow drives us mad.”About 1000,000 people filled the streets to 22 the government's beef import from the United States. Several countries had 23 imports from America following a case of mad cow disease in 2003. But in April the ROK's government agreed to continue the 24 . The protests soon grew into a 25 one against President Lee Myung-bak's polices on everything from reform. democracy to 26 Last December when Lee won the election he was thought by people in the country as a(n) 27 leader who could save the ROK from 28 economic growth and cold ties with the United States. Since taking office, Lee opened doors for foreign companies, and reformed the teaching of English. He also became the first leader to be invited to the US presidential retreat of Camp David. The night before his visit, he agreed to lift the ban on American beef to show his eagerness to 29 ties. But this time, his people felt he had gone too far. "What he did was little different from an old Korean king offering tribute to a Chinese emperor,' said Kim Spooky, who joined the protest with her two children. "It's 30 . 21. A. fought B. marched C. celebrated D. sang 22. A. protect B. support C. protest D. defend 23. A. stopped B. continued C. restricted D. controlled 24. A. exportation B. production C. importation D. sale
25. A. fiercer B. broader C. narrower D. stronger 26. A. laws B. customs C. trade D. education 27. A. wise B. violent C. cruel D. aggressive 28. A. steady B. proper C. healthy D. low 29. A. destroy B. rebuild C. break D. value 30. A. persuasive B. controversial C. ashamed D. impressive 答案： 21. B。据语境及下文“1000,000 people filled the streets”可知人们上节游行 22. C。据上文“Mad cow drives us mad”可知人们对政府从美国进口牛肉表示抗议 23. A。据下文“following a case of mad cow disease”可知几个国家早就停止了从美国进口牛肉 24. C。据关键词“But”和“continue”可知答案是 importation 25. B。据下文可知抗议的范围已从“反对政府从美国进口牛肉”延伸到“ 反对总统的各种政策，所以范 围变宽了。 26. D。据下文“reform the teaching of English”可只答案是“教育”的改革 27. A。他既然赢得竞选，当初在人民心中的印象自然不差 28. D。据语境“save the ROK”可知答案 29. B。 据上文 “save the ROK from cold ties with the United States.” “agreed to lift the ban on American beef” 和 可知李现在是急于与美国重建关系 30. C。据段意见可知人们认为李这样做是令人感到羞耻的。
阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号 中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 字数：175 完成时间：9 分钟 难度：*** In order to know a foreign language thoroughly, four things are necessary. Firstly, we must understand the language when we hear 31 spoken. Secondly, we must be able to speak it ourselves correctly with confidence and without hesitation. 32 , we must be able to read the language, and fourthly, we must be able to write it. We must be able to make sentences that are grammatically correct. There is no easy way to success 33 language learning. 34 good memory is a great help, but it is not enough only 35 (memorize) rules from a grammar book. It is not much use learning by heart long lists of words and 36 meanings, studying the dictionary and so on. We must learn by using the language. 37 we are satisfied with only a few rules we have memorized, we are not really learning the language. “Learn through use” is a good piece of 38 (advise) for those 39 are studying a new language. Practice is important. We must practise speaking and 40 (write) the language whenever we can. [答案 答案] 答案 本文主要讲述了学习英语的一些好的方法。 31. it 指代前面的 foreign language。 32. Thirdly 根据上下文得知这是第三点。 33. in 在语言学习方面没有容易取得成功的办法。 34. A 好的记忆力有助于学习，memory 为可数名词。 35. to memorize 不定式作真正主语。 36. their 指代前面的 words。 37. If 前后是条件关系。 38. advice 一条建议，此处应用名词。 39. who 引导定语从句，先行词是 those。 40. writing 练习做某事应用 practise doing sth。 Unit 2 book 3
No 1 p 19
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：387 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：** One summer my friend and I decided to go to Italy for a holiday and we decided to travel there without going through a travel agency. You know, you would be submerged (淹没) in crowds of tourists and lose lots of opportunities to get familiar with the country more closely. We started to think over our trip and managed to come up with a free tour of Italy. The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again! Of course, we spent lots of time arranging the trip, but it was well worth it! Of course I was afraid that something would go wrong and I was especially anxious about my visa, but everything went quite smoothly in the end. The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation. In the Italian consulate(领事馆), one must hand in some official paper proving that one has a hotel booked for oneself in order to get the visa. Then we had to solve the ticket problem. Airlines often sell cheap tickets and we bought ours far in advance. The next step was to book a hotel. We finally booked a hotel about thirty km away from the heart of Rome and it was the perfect choice for our trip. Every day we took a train that carried us to the heart of Rome. Our big house, which was surrounded by the forest, was a rare girl for the fresh air and absolute silence, beautiful views, hospitable (好客的) hosts, comfortable living conditions delighted us to no end. Besides this, we were very lucky that our mistress was Russian. She gave us a lot of advice that was of great use. She told us what transport to choose and where the best places to go. Don’t be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself. It’s not difficult! The only thing I'll say right now is that we really enjoyed traveling by ourselves. We walked with a map and a guide-book to wherever we wanted and we even met some of our fellow countrymen on the way just two or three times. So, if you're also planning a "single" trip, don't forget to take a Russian-Italian phrasebook as people in Italy prefer to speak in their native tongue. 41. Why does the author want to go to Italy again? A. He had a great time there. B. Italy has a lot of attractions. C. His friend invited him there. D. He didn't stay in Italy long enough. 42. What does the author think was the hardest in preparing for his Italian trip? A. Buying cheap airline tickets to Italy before the traveling B. Getting a visa without an invitation from the Italian consulate. C. Booking a comfortable hotel on his own in Rome. D. Solving the ticket problem far in advance. 43. In the fourth paragraph the author mainly explains A. the reason why he chose to live in the center of Rome B. the reason why the hotel he booked was the right choice C. what transport they chose to travel in their Italian trip D. the reason why the mistress gave them some advice 44. Which of the following questions has NOT been answered in the passage? A. Why did the author decide to go to Italy for a holiday for the first time? B. Why did the author decide not to follow a travel agency? C. How did the author prepare for his trip? D. What tools did the author use for his traveling?
45. From the text we can know the author A. enjoys traveling everywhere in the world B. likes being accompanied by tour guides C. advises us to arrange trips by ourselves D. met with a lot of his countrymen in Italy [答案 答案] 答案 本文是一篇游记，讲述了作者和他的朋友自己策划的意大利之行。文章介绍了旅游前的准备工作，如自己 取得签证，还有意大利的住宿条件，突出了自己策划意大利之游的优点以及感受。 41．A。 原因判断题。 根据第二段 “The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again!” 结合第四段的内容以及最后一段中的 “The only thing I’ say right now is that ll we really enjoyed traveling by ourselves.”可知，意大利之行他们玩得很尽兴，给他们留下了深刻 的印象，所以想再去意大利，因此选 A。 42．B。 细节理解题。根据第三段的第一句“The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation.” 可知，最难的事情是在没有邀请函的情况下向意大利大使馆申请签证，因此选择 B。A、C、D 虽 然文中都涉及到了，但是都不符合题干。 43．B。 段落大意题。根据第四段对旅馆周围环境、交通情况以及该旅馆的好处的介绍，可知作者在第四 段主要讲对旅馆满意的原因。 44．A。 主旨大意题。文章第一段第二句讲述了他们不愿意随旅行社出游的原因，B 项提到了；文章第二、 三两段讲述作者怎么去准备他的出行的， 所以Ｃ项提到了； 根据最后一段的 “We walked with a map and a guide-book to wherever we wanted…”可知Ｄ项提到了。纵观全文，作者并没有提到他为什 么去意大利旅游的原因。 45．C。 推理判断题。根据文章的主要内容，尤其是第一段说不想在旅游团的拥挤的人群中，也不想错过 更多亲近意大利的机会，以及最后一段的“Don’t be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself.”可以 推断出应该选择 C。其余选项没有依据。
阅读下面的短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 CCTV.com News: The rescue was still going on at the small town after the terrible earthquake in Wenchuan, Sichuan Province, West China. The rescue teamers made their efforts to rescue the victims buried in the ruins. They found four school kids were under a teacher's desk and the teacher placed himself to the side of the desk without boards, protecting his students from harm. When the firefighters tried to take the teacher's hands away, they failed.., the teacher held the desk terribly firmly. Everyone on the spot cried. The teacher would rather give his life to protect his school kids and give the living chances to them. Everyone has the right to live, but the teacher chose to give the living chances to his lovely students. [写作内容] 你的英语老师在上英语写作课时，要求同学们根据老师提供的英语新闻报道，谈谈对四川汶川地震的 一些人与事的感想。请你以“Greatest Love is Unselfish”为题，准备一篇发言稿，内容包括以下内容： 1．以约 30 个词概括这篇新闻报道； 2．以约 120 个词，请就“大爱无私”的话题写一篇英语短文，表达你内心的感受，并包括如下要点： 1)你看完这个故事后，你如何评价这位老师的无私行为；为什么? 2)你的感想。 [写作要求] 1．作文中可使用自己的亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容但不得直接引用原文中 的句子；标题自定。 2．作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准]概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，篇章连贯。
[写作辅导] 1．写作有可能用到的主要短语和单词：自然灾害 natural disasters，保护 protect／protection，奉献某 A 的生命 devote one' s life to doing sth,努力做某事 make one' s efforts to do sth，救某生命 save one ' s life. 2． 本文的概要必须包含以下要点： The rescue teamers made their efforts to rescue the victims buried in the ruins. They found four school kids were under a teacher's desk and the teacher placed himself to the side of the desk without boards, protecting his students from harm. / but the teacher chose to give the living chances to his lovely students. 3．本文要注意，概要一定要根据文段的时态来写。同时，绝对不能抄袭原文的句子。文章是讨论你 看完这个故事后，你如何评价这位老师的无私行为以及你的想法，属于是评论性文字和结论性的观点，故 用一般现在时或一般将来时态。 ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ [答案] Greatest Love is Unselfish During Wenchuan Earthquake in Sichuan Province, a rescue team found a teacher, dead for hours, and four school kids, safe with the protection of the teacher. And the teacher's greatest love gave everyone a great shock. A very ordinary teacher would rather give his life to save and protect his students, for he knew that he was a teacher and should protect his students, As we know, when the disaster broke out, all the teachers in this earthquake area made their efforts to help and save their students, and this noble act shows that greatest love is unselfish. Facing natural disasters, sometimes we human beings may feel too weak, but just at this very moment, we will try everything to help others, even devote our lives to doing that. After reading the news story, I was moved to tears. Greatest love is unselfish. The teacher's action illustrates our kind teachers' greatest love to their students.