答题时间： 分钟） （总分：150 分 答题时间：120 分钟） 总分： 听力部分（共三大题，计 30 分） 听力部分 句子理解（Sentences） Ｉ. 句子理解（Sentences） (共 10 小题，计 10 分) 请听句子，然后从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个与你所听到的句子意思一致或相近的答案。每个句子只读 一遍。（答案涂在答题纸上） 1. A. Though her heart stopped three times, they finally saved her. B. Nobody could save her because her heart stopped. C. Her heart stopped three times, then she died. D. They brought her back home, then she died. 2. A. These words and expressions are too difficult for me to remember. B. If one wants to learn English well, he or she has to read a lot. C. Not only can I remember these new words and expressions but also I can use them in new situations. D. When you meet new words and expressions in a text, you should look them up in a dictionary. 3. A. The phone rang again after he left. B. I was going to leave when the phone rang again. C. If someone calls me, tell him or her I went to the cinema. D. I like that kind of phone and I will buy one sooner or later. 4. A. He was too busy to see his parents that night. B. He didn't want to help his sister do her homework. C. Having too much homework, he couldn't go to see the film that night. D. He didn't do his homework because he went to see the film that night. 5. A. It is difficult to know how many friends the man has.
B. The man hardly has any friends, so nobody knows him. C. Everyone would like to be the man's friend. D. Judging from the friends the man makes, we can know what kind of person he is. 6.
7. A. I will never call him, so it is unnecessary for me to know his telephone number. B. I forgot his telephone number, so please tell me what it is. C. Even though I had written down his telephone number, I forgot it. D. In order not to forget his telephone number, I'll write it down. 8. A. The trees died because you watered them too often. B. More attention should be paid to these flowers. C. If you had given more attention to the trees, they would have grown better. D. We should plant more trees to make our city more beautiful. 9. A. As far as I can see, it's important to work hard. B. In my opinion, it is very important to meet people in our modern life. C. When we meet people we should say hello to them. D. Try to chat with people on the Internet. 10. A. We still don't know whether we can control the flood. B. We will try our best to control the flood. C. What caused the flood is still unknown.
D. We will have many floods in the coming years. 对话理解（Dialogues） II. 对话理解（Dialogues）（共 10 小题，计 10 分） A） 请听下列五组小对话，每段对话后有一个问题，然后根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答所提问题的最 佳答案。每组对话和问题均读两遍。（答案涂在答题纸上） 11. A. The number one train. C. Park Place. 12. A. Making a hotel booking. C. Making a dinner booking. 13. A. Dawson. C. Phillips Computers. 14. B. Wall Street. D. The number two train. B. Making an airline flight booking. D. Arranging a meeting. B. Select Systems. D. Computer system.
15. A. Running at night is dangerous. B. The woman doesn't have time to exercise. C. Monday is the only time for the woman to exercise. D. The woman works too hard. B）请听下面一段对话，然后根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答所提问题的最佳答案。对话读两遍。（答案 涂在答题纸上） 16. Where are the man and the woman? A. At home. B. In a hospital. C. In a taxi. D. In a shop.
17. Why doesn't the woman want to go out?
A. She has a lot of housework to do. B. She will have a party at home with her friends. C. Her mother will visit her. 18. What does the woman like to watch? A. Italian films. C. Thrillers（恐怖电影）. 19. Why doesn't the man want a comedy? A. He thinks it's boring. C. It's difficult to rent one. 20. What do they finally decide to do? A. To stay at home and read books. C. To eat out together. D. To call their friends to go to the cinema together. 短文理解（Passages） III. 短文理解（Passages）（共 10 小题，计 10 分） 请听下列两篇短文，然后根据你所听到的短文内容，选择能回答所提问题的最佳答案。每篇短文读两遍。（答 案涂在答题纸上） A 21. When did the writer and Matt arrive at the Activity Centre? A. On Friday evening. C. On Saturday afternoon. B. On Saturday morning. D. On Friday morning. B. To rent a Robert de Niro. B. It's too expensive to rent one. D. He has watched too many comedies. B. Cartoons. D. Comedies. D. She is too tired.
22. How many people were there in the writer's group? A. Three. B. Ten. C. Twelve. D. Eleven.
23. What did the writer and Matt do on Saturday afternoon?
A. Went rock-climbing. C. Went fishing.
B. Caved. D. Played football.
24. What does the writer try to do in this passage? A. Advertise a bookshop. B. Describe some people she met.
C. Explain how to do certain indoor sports. D. Say how she spent some free time. 25. Which of the following advertisements describes the Activity Centre?
26. How do real sunflowers differ from sunflower designs? A. They are yellow. C. They are less colourful. B. They are more varied. D. They are smaller.
27. How wide is a sunflower blossom (花）? A. More than two feet. B. Only an inch.
C. From an inch to more than a foot. D. No more than an inch. 28. What do sunflowers need to grow? A. Some clothing. B. Birds that love them.
C. A lot of oil.
D. Plenty of sun and some water.
29. Why do you have to collect the seeds as soon as they are ready? A. Otherwise they will rot. B. Otherwise they will change colours.
C. Otherwise they will be blown away.D. Otherwise birds will eat them. 30. What does this passage mainly talk about? A. Sunflowers. C. Nature is more creative. B. Why birds love flowers. D. How to design hats and clothing. 笔试部分（共七大题，计 120 分） 笔试部分 选择填空（ structure） I. 选择填空（Vocabulary and structure）(共 20 小题，计 20 分) A） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。（答案涂在答题纸上） 31. —Do you know Mr. Smith? —Yes. He's a strange man. We found ________ difficult to work with him. A. us B. it C. him D. you
32. They ________ the distance and the communication problem for people visiting their city. A. drew attention to B. used up C. washed away D. dreamed of
33. —You were driving at 100 km an hour, sir. —But officer, I ________. My car can't go more than 80. A. may not have to C. wouldn't like to B. couldn't have been D. needn't to be
34. His money had not brought happiness and perhaps it had contributed________ his strange sense of values. A. up B. for C. as D. to
35. ________ their service, the workers of the hotel are active in learning English. A. Searching B. Informed C. To improve D. Having caused
36. Every morning at a ________ time after breakfast she gave him an hour's lesson. A. busy B. patient C. convenient D. present
37. It was not until last year ________ he got in touch with his father in Canada. A. where B. what C. how D. that
38. I kept looking at the man wearing a pair of glasses, wondering ________. A. whether did I borrow his book C. what I knew his wife B. where I had seen him before D. when had I helped him
39. The item you requested yesterday is no longer available and ________ we are returning your cheque. A. therefore B. altogether C. otherwise D. moreover
40. —When did the story happen? —It happened in ________ spring of ________ 1937. A. the; the B. a; the C. the; 不填 D. 不填；不填
41. —May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o'clock tonight? —I'm sorry. He ________ gone to a party long before then. A. had B. is C. will have D. has
42. I've got a lot of books, ________ are written in foreign languages. A. and most of which C. some of them B. some of which D. most of these
43. —How are you getting on with your book? —I have finished a large part of it; the rest of it ________ more difficult. A. is B. are C. was D. were
44. —I have to be at the office by noon tomorrow. My co-workers are taking me out for a final good-bye lunch.
— ________ Where are you going to eat? —I don't know. They want to treat me. A. I don't know. C. It's my pleasure. B. How nice! D. It's none of my business.
45. —When you finish that report, here are all the files for the next one we need to complete, by tomorrow evening. — ________ Can't you extend the deadline? I've got a headache and I've hardly slept all week. —I'll see what I can do, but take some aspirin and keep working. A. I'm not even halfway through this first one! B. It looks like it went through just fine. C. Oh, I'm sure I can help you do that. D. What do you want to discuss? B） 下列 5 题中的句子可以组成一篇小短文，请从所给的四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。（答案 涂在答题纸上） 46. Faraday made the ________ electric motor in 1821. It was an invention that used electricity to produce movement. A. obvious B. social C. mad D. first
47. In 1831, Faraday discovered that electricity moves through a wire ________ a magnet（磁铁） is moved near the wire. A. where B. so C. when D. but
48. He used this discovery to ________ a machine for making electricity. Faraday also showed how electricity affects chemical ubstances. A. debate B. reflect C. match D. produce
49. Faraday gave ________ most of his money to the poor. When he grew old, he did not have enough money left to live on.
50. Queen Victoria rewarded him for his ________ by giving him money and a house. He died in 1867. A. discoveries B. introductions C. books D. definitions
阅读理解（ comprehension） II. 阅读理解（Reading comprehension）（共 20 小题，计 35 分） A）选择题：阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳答案。（答 案涂在答题纸上） A Most people think that the capital of the movie world is Hollywood, in the United States. However, the real movie capital is Mumbai, in India. Mumbai used to be known as Bombay, and so the film industry there is called “Bollywood”. Bollywood makes twice as many movies each year as Hollywood—more than 800 films a year.
The movies from Bollywood are very different from Hollywood movies. For one thing, Bollywood movies are much longer than most Hollywood movies. Most Bollywood movies are more than three hours long, and contain singing, dancing, action, adventure, mystery, and romance. Because Bollywood films contain so many different features, this style of film is sometimes called a “masala” film. (“Masala” is an Indian word for a mixture of spices. )
Another big difference between Bollywood and Hollywood movies is the way the movies are made. It takes much longer to make a movie in Hollywood than in Bollywood. In fact, filming may begin on a Bollywood movie before the script is even finished. The director and writers can make up the story while the film is being made. Sometimes they will even write the script by hand instead of taking time to type it.
Bollywood actors are very popular and some are in such high demand that they may work on several movies at the same time. They may even shoot scenes for several films on the same day using the same clothes and scenery (舞台布景）. Since most Bollywood movies follow the same kind of story, shooting scenes for several films at the same time is not a big problem for actors or directors. This also helps keep the cost of Bollywood movies lower than the cost of Hollywood movies. The average Bollywood film, with a budget （预算） of only two million U.S. dollars, seems very cheap compared to the average budget of sixty million U.S. dollars for a Hollywood film—thirty times as much! 51. The main topic of the passage is ________. A. famous stars in Bollywood B. how Hollywood movies are made C. the differences between two movie industries D. the history of movie-making in India 52. What is NOT true about Mumbai? A. It is the movie capital of India. B. Its new name is Bombay. C. More movies are made there than in Hollywood. D. The film industry there is called “Bollywood”. 53. Why are Bollywood films often called “masala” films? A. They have interesting stories. B. They are much longer than Hollywood films. C. They show Indian culture. D. They mix different styles of movies. 54. Bollywood movies are cheap to make because ________. A. they are shorter than Hollywood films B. the scripts are written by hand C. the movies do not use any special effects
D. most movies reuse things from other movies 55. Which of these statements would the writer probably agree with? A. Most Bollywood movies are very similar. B. It takes a lot of money to make a good movie. C. Only Indian people can understand Bollywood movies. D. Hollywood movies are too violent. B）非选择题：阅读下列短文，然后回答问题或完成句子。（答案写在答题纸上） B
Every afternoon in South Korea, when school and work finish, over 100,000 people meet on the Internet to play a game called Lineage. They meet in a virtual（虚拟的） world 500 years in the past. They form teams and fight for justice and money. They are part of one of the Internet's many online gaming communities. The people who play these games are called gamers. Often they meet in 24-hour cafés to play Lineage, as well as other games such as Diablo, StarCraft and Counter Strike. Most gamers just play for fun, but for some people, it can become an obsession （着迷）. When gaming becomes an obsession it can become dangerous. In Hong Kong, a seventeen-year-old boy died as a result of playing his favourite game in the café where he worked. After working for eight hours, he often stayed at the café and played Diablo II. On some nights he slept for only two hours. In May 2002, he was found unconscious at a computer after playing all night. When he died later in hospital, doctors said it was because he was exhausted. In Korea, the dangers can come from other gamers. In the virtual world of Lineage, gamers can create new characters for themselves. High school students can become very powerful fighters and leaders. They play against doctors, businessmen and even members of dangerous gangs. But sometimes things that happen in the game affect real life. Gamers have been beaten up in real life by people they have killed online! 56. How many people play Lineage when school and work are over every day in South Korea?
57. What do people do in the virtual world of Lineage? 58. The online games mentioned in the passage are ________. 59. What does the underlined word “exhausted” mean? 60. What does the passage mainly talk about? C
注：appliance n. 器具； rebate n. 折扣 61. What is the address of Swanson Electric? 62. How much can you save if you buy two printers on February 5? 63. The refrigerator whose price is $400 will be sold for ________ on February 6. 64. If you want to buy some of the things in this advertisement and want to save money you must go there during ________. 65. What number should you call if you need directions to the store? D
On May 7, 2001, Ronnie Biggs arrived in Britain for the first time in about thirty-five years. His return was the end of one of Britain's most famous crime stories, The Great Train Robbery. In 1963 Biggs was in a gang that stole ￡2.6 million from a train traveling between London and Glasgow. The gang was caught quickly, and Biggs was sentenced to thirty years in jail. Many people thought that the sentence was too harsh（严厉的）. Biggs also thought it was too harsh, so he decided to escape. Biggs was sent to Wandsworth Prison, a maximum security jail. It had one very high wall to keep the prisoners in, and some guards to watch them. One afternoon in July 1965, Biggs was in the prison yard. He had been in jail for just fifteen months. A tall van（货车） stopped outside the jail, and a ladder was placed against the wall. Then a rope ladder was thrown over the wall into the prison yard. Biggs climbed up the rope ladder, jumped down into the van and escaped! From that time on, Biggs lived on the run. After hiding in France, Spain and Australia, he finally settled in Brazil in 1970. He was a celebrity（名人） criminal. He appeared in rock videos and movies, and he sold souvenirs to tourists who came to see him. But he missed his home in Britain and, at the age of seventy-one, decided to go home. He was met at the airport by family, friends—and police. 66. Ronnie Biggs was sentenced to thirty years in jail because ________. 67. What kind of prison was Ronnie Biggs in? 68. The main idea of Paragraph 2 is ________. 69. How many countries had Ronnie Biggs been to after he escaped from Britain? 70. When was Ronnie Biggs born? 完形填空（Cloze） III. 完形填空（Cloze）(共 15 小题，计 15 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从方框内选择适当的单词或短语填空。方框内有多余的词或短语，每个词或 短语限用一次。（答案写在答题纸上） found, may, of, led to, sometimes, rather than, mad, in fact, even if, different, water, part, drink, as well as, natural, include, important, wherever
Many tourists nowadays walk around carrying plastic bottles of water, even in cities. The bottles seem to have become an (71)________ fashion accessory （配件） and not only for tourists. (72)________, nowadays everyone seems to carry a bottle , of water with them (73)________ they go. This fashion for being seen with bottled water, (74)________ called “designer water”, has (75)________ a massive（大量的） increase in sales over the past few years. There are now so many (76)________ brand names available in the shops that it is hard to choose. But why do some people prefer their water from a bottle (77)________ a tap? To start with, water forms a very important (78)________ of a healthy lifestyle. We are now advised to (79)________ two litres of water daily, (80)________ eating large quantities of fruit and vegetables. Besides this, designer water offers the promise (81)________ purity. It is advertised as clean and (82)________, while tap water (83)________ be viewed with suspicion （怀疑）. But is there really any difference between bottled and tap (84)________? Surprisingly, in the USA it was (85)________ that bottled water was not always as pure as most ordinary tap water. IV. 翻译（Translation）（共 10 小题，计 10 分） 翻译（Translation） A) 阅读下面短文，然后把划线处的句子译成汉语。（答案写在答题纸上） In order to make a good impression during a job interview, you need to prepare yourself for it. (86) You should arrive in advance for the interview, so that you can give yourself a little time to relax before the interview begins. The impression you make as you walk into the room is very important. (87) Try to find out if the company or organization has rules about dress. Then try to dress according to their regulations. You also need to plan what you are going to say. In some interviews you will have to do a lot of talking, and in others you will only have to answer a few questions about your education and experience. (88) You need to have answers ready about yourself, your schoolwork, your strong points, your reasons for applying for the job, and the salary you expect. You will also be allowed to ask some questions of your own. (89) The questions you ask will show the interviewer that you have given careful thought to the position. You can ask questions like these: (90) What duties will I have to perform in this position? Does the company provide health insurance? Does the company provide opportunities for further education? B) 根据提示把下列句子译成英语。（答案写在答题纸上） 91. 现代科学不仅仅是大量的信息。（more than） 92. 事实是地球围绕太阳转，而不是太阳围绕地球转。（the other way around） 93. 她建议我按时归还学校图书馆的图书。（虚拟语气）
94. 我会遵守诺言，一到北京就给你写信。（同位语从句） 95. 他发现很难集中注意一件事在五分钟以上。（focus on） 短文改错（ correction） V. 短文改错（Error correction）（共 10 小题，计 10 分） 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。 对标有题号的每一行做出判断： 如无错误， 在该行右边横线上画一个勾 （√） ； 如有错误（每行只有一个错误），则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧），在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。 （答案写在答题纸上） I am watching televison a few nights ago when I saw something that it made me feel very upset. You see I recognized someone from my past. I once worked in a restaurant who the boss treated his workers very badly. For example, when customers left us a tip he used keep it for himself. I realize that it is quite normal for bosses to get angry from time to time, but he used to get very angry so we did the smallest thing wrong. Almost waiters there only stayed about a month and several waitresses left after only one night. I hated attitude. I decided to leave after a week. So I was very surprised when I turned off my television last Saturday and saw him starring in a cookery programme. I couldn't see my eyes! 智力测试（IQ） VI. 智力测试（IQ）（共 5 小题，计 5 分） 回答下列问题。（答案写在答题纸上） 106. What number should replace the question mark? 96. ________ 97. ________ 98. ________ 99. ________ 100. ________ 101. ________ 102. ________ 103. ________ 104. ________ 105. ________
107. One letter in each word of a well-known saying has been changed. What is the saying? TAPE TIE PULL MY TOE CORNS 108. What letter should replace the question mark?
109. Tom beats Joe at pool （落袋台球戏） but loses to Sue. Hilary usually wins against Joe, sometimes against Tom, but never against Sue. Who is the weakest player? 110.
is to as is to: ________ .
写作（Writing） VII. 写作（Writing）（共 2 小题，计２5 分） A) Read the following passage, and then use your own words to give a brief summary of it in about 90 words.（10 分）（答案写在答题纸上） All thanks to the mobile phone
Dave Mill owes his life to his mobile phone. He was trying to make history by walking to the North Pole alone, without any help or support. But after 50 days of extremely bad weather, during which the temperature dropped as low as minus 30°C, Dave was forced to abandon his attempt.
He had completed 185 miles of the 375-mile journey and had suffered several mishaps（不幸事故）. He had broken his sunglasses, been followed by polar bears and fallen into freezing water twice. Then, after making the decision to give up, he had some more bad luck and found himself stranded （处于困境的） on a floating piece of ice that was slowly melting.
The weather was too bad for any rescue attempt to be made. Dave waited for three days, hoping that conditions would improve. But the rescue planes could not land because dense fog prevented them from seeing the surface of the ice. It was a race against time. Then he remembered his mobile phone. He marked out a runway on the ice and took a photograph with his digital camera. Then he used his phone to e-mail it to the waiting air rescue team. Using the photograph to guide him, the pilot was able to land in spite of the weather, and Dave was lifted off the ice to safety. B) You have seen the following advertisement in a young people's magazine.
Write your composition in about 120 words. （15 分） （答案写在答题纸上）