2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： abrupt adore abolish abuse abandon admirable acquaintance accuse amateur adventure
1) _________ to leave someone, especially someone you are responsible for 2) _
_________ to officially end a law, system etc, especially one that has existed for a long time 3) ________ sudden and unexpected; seeming rude and unfriendly 4) ________ to deliberately use something for the wrong purpose or for one’s own advantage 5) _____ to say that you believe someone is guilty of a crime or of doing something bad 6) ____________an exciting experience in which dangerous or unusual things happen 7) ________someone who does an activity just for pleasure, not as their job 8) __________someone you know, but who is not a close friend 9) ___________ having many good qualities that you respect and admire 10) _________to love someone very much and feel very proud of them 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 alive age album access address able actual account ambition accident
1) I’d like to do more gardening, but I never seem _______ to find the time. 2) The dead-end street was the only ________ to her home. 3) Not knowing whether he's dead or ________ is a terrible feeling. 4) We are living in an ______ when many things are done on computer. 5) I find records are often as good as or better than an _______ performance. 6) My ________ of boyhood photographs often reminds me of the past happiness. 7) I’m sorry about breaking the vase; it was an ________; I mean I did not intend to do it. 8) He paid the money into his bank _________. 9) If anybody calls, tell them I am out, and ask them to leave their name and _________. 10) He has never achieved his __________ of becoming a famous writer. Part 2 affair achievement agreement accent absent action activity agriculture advantage ability
11) The number of people invited was fifty, but a number of them were _______ for different reasons. 12) The health center serves all patients, regardless of their _________ to pay. 13) The young man caught the thief. And for his brave ________ he was given a medal by the government. 14) He speaks with a strong southern ________. 15) More than 75% of the land is used for __________ . 16) In a few years’ time, the educational reform in China will make great ___________. 17) Tom's university education gave him an ___________ over boys who had not been to a university. 18) Of all his outdoor ___________, Paul likes fishing best, but he doesn’t enjoy eating fish. 19) The head engineer can’t expect to have much time to devote to purely personal _________ . 20) News reports say peace talks between the two countries have broken down with no ____________ reached.
Part 3 after absence alone against allergic aboard amateur affection aggressive abstract agency agenda
21) Left _______ doing his homework all day long, the little child must be annoyed now. 22) The use of drugs is _______ the law; it's illegal. 23) That boy's always making trouble——the police are ______ him again. 24) His _________ of mind during driving nearly caused an accident. 25) The loudspeaker kept telling the passengers waiting at the port to get ______ the ship. 26) I got this job through an employment _______. 27) The patient is _________ to this kind of medicine; please try another. 28) The competition is open to both ____________ and professional photographers. 29) We may talk of beautiful things, but beauty itself is _________. 30) A successful businessman must be __________. 31) They had been childless for a long time so when a little girl was born in the family, the parents couldn’t help showing too much _________ for it. 32. It’s stressed that that problems concerning agriculture should be put on the top of the Party’s _______. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 act accuse add accept admit absorb abandon accompany admire allow allocate
1) Plants _______ carbon dioxide and give off oxygen. 2) The lost car of the Lees was found ____________ in the woods off the highway. 3) The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and _________ him of speeding. 4) That year his total income, with his reward _________ to, added up to 12,000 yuan. 5) As time went on, the theory proved successful and was __________ by many people. 6) It’s a bad practice to ________ children much money as a New Year gift. 7) Always _______ in a strange way, Einstein must have appeared to people around to be mad. 8) Your passport application form should be ____________by two recent photos when you go to the Passport Office. 9) Our school has been __________ a sum of money for education. 10) I _________ her for sticking to her principles. Part 2 amuse accept affect add accumulate abuse accomplish allow access advertise
11) --- I haven’t found my suitcase which was lost at the airport. ---You’d better, in that case, _________ the loss of it in the newspaper, with a reward for the return of it. 12) Sleep patterns change as we ______, but disturbed sleep and waking up tired every day is not part of normal aging. 13) It was reported that the hospital left the patient untreated as he couldn’t ________ the treatment. How could they do so? 14) Early upbringing in the home is naturally _________ both by the cultural pattern of the group and by the parents’ ability.
15) His letter, having been ____________ to the wrong number, reached me late. 16) I can't _______ the file on your company because I've forgotten the code. 17) The kids __________ themselves playing hide-and-seek. 18) Dust and dirt soon _____________ if a house is not cleaned regularly. 19) The best method to ____________ this goal is to unite as many people as possible. 20) There are instructions on the bottle to prevent the medicine from being _________. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 be addicted to be about to be admitted to above all take advantage of take…into account take an action agree with go against aim at 1) He tried to go away without being noticed by the teacher, but the luck ___________ him. 2) Many students are not ___________________ education opportunities. They no longer believe that studying hard will lead to a good job and a better life. 3) Never waste anything, but _____________ never waste time. 4) With the fact that he is a green hand ____________________, I think he has done pretty well indeed. 5) That was not the first time he had told a lie to us. I think it's high time we _______ strong _________ against him. 6) The man was badly ill and he _____________ the near nearest hospital. 7) A verb must ____________ its subject in number and person. 8) Project Hope __________ helping the poor children in remote areas to receive education. 9) We ____ just ____________ leave when it began to rain. 10) Some kids ____________ surfing the Net; they often forget their schoolwork. Part 2 by accident get…across make allowance for take advice in advance agree on be absorbed in add to allow for adjust to agree with account for 11) Don't be angry with him. He made the mistake _____________. 12)She did not ______ the ______ that she not travel at rush hour, so she got lost. 13) As the player is well received by the papers, you had better buy a ticket ___________. 14) Jim ________________ his book; he didn’t notice us come in. 15) As is known to us, good friends ______ happiness and value ______ life. 16) We tried to ______ our point _______, but he just wouldn’t listen. 17) Can we __________ a date for the next meeting? 18) She failed one of the exam papers, but we ought to _____________ the fact that she was ill. 19) We have to __________ the possibility that we might not finish on schedule. 20) Straw berries don't __________ me；they make me fall ill. 21) He couldn’t ____________ his absence for school these days. 22) Some people can never go above 4,000 metres because their body is unable to ________ these extreme conditions. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： effect development digest ticket wait lonely age acquisition 1) The most important step in learning is to _______ what has been absorbed. 2) He doesn't feel _______ when he is left alone. 3) We can't afford to ______ any longer, or we'll miss the plane.
4) This ______ admits one adult with one child to the show. 5) Most people agree that the present role of women has already affected U.S. society. Above all, it has a strong ________ on the traditional role of men. 6) Nowadays many kids are addicted to the Internet which has a bad effect on their personal ______________. 7) Next to acquiring good friends, the best __________ is that of good books. 8) Classical music doesn’t seem to be acceptable to people of any _____ group, but it can make our life fuller. 7.翻译： 1) I didn’t make great progress in my English study until my teacher __________________ _______________ (建议我如何学)the language well. 2) How proud she is! She ___________________________(被一所重点大学录取) 3) --- I wish it was time to go home. --- I __________________ (非常同意) I'm missing my family so much. 4) The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone (成功逃脱) ________________. 5) Fireworks ________________ (增加美丽)of the festival night. 6) ) 他没有参加这个会议。 _________________________________________________________________. 7) 你认为这场雨会影响足球比赛的结果吗？ ________________________________________________________________? 8) 我们不允许在教室里吃东西。 _____________________________________________________________. 9) 因为怕出错，她不敢讲英语。 ________________________________________________________________. 10) 如果不是偶然，他一定是故意做的。 ________________________________________________________________. 11) 我收到了他送的礼物，但是我不愿意接受。 ____________________________________________________. 12) 到目前为止，我们学过的英语单词总计大约有 3500 个。 _________________________________________________________________. 13) Our abundant resources and stable policy provide foreigners with the advantages they invest here. ____________________________________________________________. 14) I passed her in the street but she didn't even acknowledge me when I smiled. ___________________________________________________________________. 15) It is universally acknowledged that dogs have an acute sense of smell. ________________________________________________________. 8.选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) advantage disadvantage effect native popular different alone lonely also besides however apply attend act as as well advanced above all
In recent years, studying abroad has been 1)________. Tens of thousands of Chinese students have gone to foreign countries to study. Many people are making great 2)______ to 3)______ to go abroad. There are many 4)____________ in 5)__________ schools abroad. Students who have
studied abroad can 6) _____ ____ mediators (中介人) between people of 7) ________ cultures. And we can learn foreign languages more quickly 8)____ ______. 9)______ _____, we can learn much more 10)___________ knowledge of science and technology from foreign countries. 11)________, there are some 12)______________. Most of the students are too young to live 13 ) _______ without any living experience. 14)_________, being far away from their home country, they may feel 15) ________ and homesick. 16)______, the costs are much higher there than in the ________17) country.
二 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： analysis apology anxiety annoy ancestor argue astronaut avenue authority attitude
1) ________ a careful examination of something in order to understand it better 2) _____________a short story based on your personal experience 3) _______ to make someone feel slightly angry and unhappy about something 4) ________ the feeling of being very worried about something 5) _________ an expression of regret for having done something wrong 6) _________ someone who travels and works in a spacecraft 7) _______ he opinions and feelings that you usually have about something 8) ________ the power you have because of one’s official position 9) _______ usually a wide street of houses, often in the suburbs and lined with trees 10) ______ to disagree with someone in words, often in an angry way 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 anyone arrangement appreciation anyhow approach astronaut available athlete appointment average 1) I wrote him a letter to show my ____________ of his thoughtfulness. 2) You are all new comers here. Try not to make ___________ to strangers. 3) There were no tickets ___________ for Friday's performance. 4) --- Hello, is _______ home? --- Yes, we're here. 5) --- How can I run a mile in such a short time? --- I think it possible, for the __________ runner can run 2 miles in fifteen minutes. 6) The family are making ___________ for his birthday party. 7) You should phone his secretary if you want to make an _________. 8) Alice, you should learn to help your mother with some housework. You have grown up, ________. 9) --- Ann wants to be an _______. --- Does she really like to travel and work in a spacecraft? 10) It was discovered that three of the Olympic ________ had taken drugs. Part 2 arrival awake attention article anniversary amount atmosphere appearance attempt anxious
11) The couple celebrated their 20th wedding __________ in January. 12) ______________ of births, marriages and deaths appear in some newspapers. 13) The _________ made of leather cost much more than those made of plastic. 14) He might have been killed but for the _________ of the police. 15) ---Why do you drink so much coffee? --- Well, so long as it doesn’t keep me _________ in the night, I see no harm in it. 16) The Chinese are looking forward to the first __________ to land on the moon after Yang Liwei’s successful trip to space. 17) You will never be through all your homework tonight if you don’t pay your _________ to it. 18) After an ______ wait, Audrey was told that her son was safe. 19) Women are more concerned than men about their personal _____. 20) The girl’s being educated in an__________of simple living was what her parents wished for. Part 3 appropriate apparent approval ashamed applicant appetite anxiety apology angle analysis artificial authentic aspect average awkward anywhere authority 21) She was so ________ of cheating on the test that she went and told the teacher. 22) Don’t eat the cake, or you’ll spoil your _______. 23) We agreed with his acute __________ of the political situation. 24) Try looking at the affair from a different ______. 25) He caused his parents great ___________ by cycling long distances alone 26) Please accept our __________ for any inconvenience we have caused. 27) She had many good qualities despite her __________ rudeness. 28) As the wages were low, there were few ___________ for the job. 29) Plain, simple clothes are ____________ for school wear. 30) It is just three months since we received official _________ to go ahead with the project. 31) This orange drink contains no ___________ flavouring or colouring. 32) On the course she received a thorough training in every ______ of the job. 33) The government is the highest ___________ in the country. 34) In France dogs can go ________ their owners can because people there love pets very much. 35) You’ve put me in a very ______ position and now I don’t know how to deal with the matter. 36)This new model of car is so expensive that it is beyond the reach of those with _____ incomes. 37) Is that an __________ painting or a copy? 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 attack analyze apologize avoid appear answer announce appreciate arrest arrange attempt 1) David __________ for his not being able to inform me of the change in the plan. 2) He was ________ by the police and charged with ________ murder. 3) When the bell rang ____________ the end of the class, students came out by twos and threes. 4) I knocked at the door and nobody _______. 5) Ten minutes earlier and we could have __________ the accident. 6) If you have a lot of things to do, just make a list and ______ them in order of importance. 7) You need to sit down and _________ why you didn’t pass this examination. 8) It was only when I reread his poems recently that I began to _________ their beauty.
9) Mr. Smith is one of those men who ________ to be friendly, however, it is very hard to deal with. 10) Beijing was _________ by such a terrible sandstorm as few citizens had ever experienced before. Part 2 attract appeal approach attend assume arm annoy arise argue 11) ____________ by the beauty of nature, the girl from London decided to spend another two days on the farm. 12) The crowd _______ themselves with sticks and stones and fought with the police. 13) How many of us ___________ a meeting that is not important to us would be interested in the discussion? 14) He _______ that a dam might actually increase the risk of flooding. 15) We must __________ him to be innocent until he is proved guilty. 16) The mosquitoes _________ me so much that I couldn't sleep. 17) Many difficulties have _______ as a result of the change over to a new type of fuel. 18) With spring ____________, the wind became warmer. 19) The movement _________ to the public to donate money generously to the poverty-stricken areas. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 appeal to apply for answer for approve of be anxious about be aware of one … another apply…to anything but apart from 1) When living in the city, he was always being disturbed by the noise of ______ sort or _____. 2) I ______ really ________________ you. You shouldn't have left home without a word. 3) The program “Super Girl” on Hunan TV _______ especially ______ young people. 4) Mrs. Forester has ____________ my attending the conference that I am expecting. 5) _____________ a flat tyre, we had faulty brakes. 6) He is _____________ a fool. He found out your trick at once. 7) You will have to ____________ your wrong doing one day. 8) A youngster ought to have some practical experience in a library before he or she _____________ a place at a library school. 9) More and more people _______________ the dangers of drinking and driving. 10) In this way they can better ________ theory ____ practice. Part 2 as good as as much as as well as well as might as well as it is as it were as if as far as as with as for attend to set aside argue with attend to 11) When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks __________ it were broken 12) On that rainy night, he walked ___________ the small town which was 20 miles away to call a doctor in. 13) He was expecting to have completed the job by now. _______, he's only halfway through it. 14)The scholar has knowledge and ability _________. He is equal to the research work. 15) __________ running, learning a foreign language requires a strong will. 16) Now that you have got a chance, you ______________ make full use of it. 17) You can ask the others, but _______ myself, I’ll be busy in the office．
18) --- I wonder what has become of your company? --- Haven’t you heard about it? It is _________________ ruined because of bad management. 19) __________ I know, she can earn ______________ 500 dollars a week. 20) He is my best friend, my second self, ____________. 21) E-mail, ______________ telephones, is playing an important part in daily communication. 22) We __________ the waiter about the price of the meal. 23) Rip was a kind man. He was ready to ________ everybody's business but his own. 24) The old couple tried to __________ some extra money for some purpose. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： sound sight thought invitation loss requirement risk suggestion expense knowledge service 1) At the ____________ of the coming examination the boy felt very nervous. 2) He paid a visit to their home for drinks at the _________ of the newly-married couple. 3) At the _________ of the gun the birds in the tree flew away in all directions. 4) He hesitated at the _______ of her face suggesting her disagreement with his plan. 5) At the ___________ of the doctor he takes regular exercise to keep fit. 6) He built up a successful business but it was all done at the __________ of his health. 7) At the ___________ of the bus conductor all the passengers showed their tickets. 8) We rescued more than 50 children at the ______ of our lives. 9) A good salesman is never at a _______ for words. 10) My telephone is at your _________ until yours is repaired. 11) Altough he is young, he has a great appetite for __________ of economics. 7. 翻译： 1) _____________ (我会很感激的) if you could lend me a hand with my homework. 2) With two children ____________________(要上中学) in the nearby town soon, the parents are working hard. 3) ___________(尽管她年轻), Mary has gained rich experience in society. 4) They gave him a warm welcome _______________(他一到). 5) --- Would you like to go to play tennis with me in the school court this weekend? --- I am sorry I can’t. _____________(改日怎么样)? 6) Do let your mother know all the truth. She ______________________(似乎有人已经把一切 都让她知道了) 7) The new technology _________________ (已被采用) agriculture. 8) 他们总是为钱争吵。 __________________________________________________ 9) 你本来应该避免再次提到他的错误。 __________________________________________________________ 10) 我们急切想知道他是不是安全到达了。 ______________________________________________________ 11) He apologized to the lady for stepping on her left foot. ___________________________________________________. 12) In many ways children live, as it were, in a different world from adults. _______________________________________________________. 13)These days more and more people are aware of the many threats to the environment and begin
to take action to protect it. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： Text 1 apology chance courage moment though admit breathe admire appear accept recognize surprise grow forget blame
The next day after the incident, a woman came to 1)_______ it was she, not the boy, broke the eggs. I was shocked. I 2)________ the woman’s 3)_________ to admit her mistake. In my heart I 4)_____ myself. I waited and waited for a 5)________ to say sorry to the boy. But he didn't 6)_______ until one morning fifteen years later. That morning I 7)__________ him the 8)_________ he entered the store 9)________ he had 10)_______ into a young man. He was quite 11)__________ when I told him about the broken eggs. He seemed to have 12) __________ all about it. I made an 13 )_________ from my heart. He 14)__________ it honestly. At last I 15)_________ freely again. Text 2 part ability abroad even as anyhow keep off as well as be addicted to also prevent attend destroy
In my opinion, the Internet is helpful rather than harmful 1)______ someone else thinks. As is known to all, the Internet is playing a more and more important 2)______ in our daily life. On the Internet, we can read news at home and from 3)_______ and get as much information as we can. We can send e-mails or make phone calls to our family 4)____ _______ _____ to our friends. We can also 5) ________ the net school, read many books and even teach ourselves English. We can 6)_____ enjoy music, watch matches and play computer games on the Internet. We can 7)______ do shopping on line. Besides, we can improve our 8)_______ to operate the computer. But we should not 9)____ ________ _____ the Internet, or we’ll get our life and study 10)_________. Besides, we should 11) _____ _____ the harmful websites. 12) _______, this doesn’t 13 )_________ the Internet becoming our friend. We can’t throw away the apple because of the core (果核), can we? 三 2.根据英文释义写出下列单词： bother bonus bid base bravery behavior bush brochure brand bargain 1) _____ the lowest part or surface of something [= bottom] 2) ________ manner of acting or controlling oneself 3) ______ to offer to pay a particular price for goods, especially in an auction (拍卖) 4) _______ money added to someone's wages, especially as a reward for good work 5) ______to make someone feel slightly worried, upset, or concerned 6) ________ actions, behaviour, or an attitude that shows courage and confidence 7) ________ a thin book giving information or advertising something 8) _______ a plant with many thin branches growing up from the ground 9) ________ to discuss the terms of a deal in order to get a lower price 10) _______ a product’s name that makes it different from others 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 balcony baggage back barrier balance bargain basis bad beat before
1) The magazine is a ________ number. You can take it out of the reading-room. 2) Too much salt can be _______ for you. 3)Two pieces of _______ went missing at the railway station. 4) I lost my __________ and fell on my face. 5) My flat has got a _______, where I can stand and watch the sea. 6) Some people would like to do shopping on Sundays since they expect to pick up wonderful __________ in the market. 7) Problems with childcare remain the biggest ________ to women succeeding at work. 8) In Iraq nowadays, plenty of people are short of ________ necessities like food, water, and medicine. 9) The room was so quiet that I could hear the ________ of my heart. 10) The roof fell ________ he had time to rush into the house to save his baby. Part 2 behind belief beneficial benefit below but besides between budget belonging 11) The way people hold to the _________ that a fun-filled, pain-free life equals happiness actually reduces their chances of ever obtaining real happiness. 12) The reporter was determined to find the truth ______ the news. 13) Temperatures drop to 4 degrees _______ freezing. It is very cold. 14) The taxi driver often reminds passengers to take their ___________ when they leave the car. 15) Cycling is highly _________ to people’s health and the environment. 16) The fact is that computers are of great ______ to the development of science and technology. 17) __________ flowers, the pupils sent their teacher a nice greeting card for her birthday. 18) I have read all the book you gave _______ the last unit. 19) A family on a ________ can't afford meat every day. 20) The two gentlemen are of the same age, but there seems to be ten years _________ them. Part 3 beyond bottom brand break bitter blame breakthrough bill brain by 21) I am sorry it’s ______ my power to make a final decision on the project. (05 上海春季) 22) Every day the mother seems to be busy until 10’clock at night, ______which time the rest of the family have fallen asleep. 23) You will not know whether it is ______ or sweet if you don’t taste it yourself. 24) After a long debate the ______ was passed and it will become law next month. 25) The judge laid the _________ for the accident on the driver of the car. 26) You're so kind; thank you from the ________ of my heart. 27) The students who do best in examination are not always those with the best _______. 28) Coke and Pepsi are the most popular ________ of cola. 29) The industrial park is not a very comfortable place to work in--- few trees or grassy areas; no cafes for staff to visit during their _______. 30) They've made a major ____________ in the treatment of cancer. It is a great discovery. Part 3 burden beard booth brief brilliant burglar broad bonus breathless bond bunch business bravery
31) It was impossible to see everything during our _________ visit to Paris. 32) She bore the ________ of caring for her sick mother.
33) The ________ got in through the kitchen window and took away the jewelry. 34) --- Tom, you should not do like that to our teacher! --- That’s no ________ of yours. 35) In ancient China, men with long _________ were often thought to be wise. 36) She is ________ but her work lacks organization. 37)The bank is reported in the local newspaper to have been robbed in _____ daylight yesterday. 38) The firm recognized Tom's outstanding work by giving him an extra ______. 39) I'll give him a call from the phone ________ on the corner. 40) His _________ was seen by everyone when he saved the child from the burning house. 41) I was completely ___________ when I got to the top of the mountain. 42) I received a ________ of red roses on my birthday. 43) Common tastes form a _______ between the two men. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 beat become bother bless blame benefit bear book behave boycott
1) We ______ all products tested on animals. It is so cruel. 2) The priest _________ the ship before it left port. 3) The flight was already fully ________ ; no more seats were available. 4) I cannot ________ being ignored／to be ignored. 5)The storm slowly died down with the golden waves _________ the shore in peace. 6) Such language doesn’t __________ the lady like you. 7)I don't want to ___________ her with my problems. 8) The mother didn't know who to ______ for the broken glass as it happened while she was out. 9) ___________ both the present and the future, the loving care project is considered to be a great undertaking. 10) It's hard to train children to _________ well at the table. Part 2 block bleed brush brighten build broadcast break bounce brake bite betray burn bury burst better 11) His nose is_____ . Call in a doctor；otherwise he'll lose too much blood. --- Did you go to the museum yesterday? ---No. two meters of snow fell during the night, and so the main road was _________. 13)Tommy! Stop ______ up and down on the sofa. 14) The driver had to _________ suddenly to avoid a dog in the road. 15) Strangely he dropped the bottle of milk on the ground, ___________ it into pieces. 16) The smoke from cooking __________ the presence of the enemy. 17) The football match was _______ live all over the world and millions of people saw it on TV. 18) Don't forget to _____ your teeth twice a day. 19) The new teacher _________ the life of all his pupils. 20)The bridge being ___________ over the river is about 1500 meters long. It will be completed at the end of this year. 21) I don’t know why they had the light __________ all day long. 22) The balloon will __________ if you continue blowing it. 23) The great writer died in 1956 and was _______ in the churchyard of St Mary's.
24) Bush, president of the USA said he would try to _________ the relationship between the USA and China. 25) Don't worry about the dog；he won't _____. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 belong to out of breath base on bargain with become of fall behind benefit from on the basis of believe in beg for 1) Tired and ______________, we reached the top of the mountain and stopped to admire the beautiful scenery. 2)The customer _________ the shopkeeper for a long time, and finally they agreed on the price. 3) Swan (天鹅) Lake is a famous ballet in four acts, ____________ a German fairy tale. 4) Eric was chosen for the job _______________ his rich experience. 5)The situation worsens by the hour and we have no idea what will ___________ us? 6) The poor old man went from door to door, _____________ food. 7) We should pay much attention to the changes in education, otherwise, we will __________. 8) He didn’t believe what you said because he didn’t _______________ you. 9) Do you know who the bike _____________? I am looking for the owner. 10) We have _______ a lot _____ extensive (广泛的) reading which broadens our outlook (眼界). Part 2 give birth to burn down be bound to be of benefit be to blame long before hold one’s breath bridge over build up on one’s behalf
11) People all over the world think Taiji ______ great ___________to health 12) This sum of money is sure to _____________ their difficulties． 13) They _______________ fail if they continue at the risk of all these dangers. 14) _______________ for the terrible accident, as the public thought, the mayor felt nervous and was at a loss what to do. 15) The students in the hall _______________. The quietness made me nervous. 16) Don’t be so sad; it won’t be _____________ we meet again. 17) The Chinese nation has ____________ many national heroes and revolutionary leaders. 18) Taking exercise will _________ your strength. It will make you strong. 19) The old town hall was ____________ in the 1970s and everything was destroyed. 20) Ken is not present, so I shall accept the prize _______________. Part 3
bring about bring back bring in bring out bring up break away break down break in break out break through break up 21) A huge amount of environmental damage has been ______________ by the destruction of the rainforests. 22) A great deal of science and technique has been _________since China carried out the reform and open policy. 23) The film __________ the hours to me when I was taken good care of in that faraway village. 24) Can you make a sentence to ____________ the meaning of the phrase? 25) Well-mannered children have always been properly _____________ by their parents. 26) Her health _____________ under the pressure of work and she had to stay in hospital for a
month. 27) Scientists think they have ____________ in their attempt to find the causes of some major diseases. 28) The thief having _______________ the policeman ran down the street. 29) Excuse me for ____________, but I have some news for you. 30) The police _________ the crowd because the president’s car _________ in the street. 31) News reports say peace talks between the two countries have ____________ with no agreement reached. (NMET03) 32) I was still sleeping when the fire , and then it spread quickly. (07 广东) Part 4 not…but never…but but that but for none but nothing but burst out by means of
33) There was ___________ silence in the room. It seemed that nobody was there. 34) __________ fools will believe what he has said. 35) The strongest people are ______ always the people who win, _____ the people who don’t give up when they lose. 36) I ________ think of summer ________ I think of my childhood. 37) _____________ the storm we should have arrived earlier. 38) He would have helped us __________ he was short of money at the time. 39) The thief entered the house ______________ a ladder. 40) The joke was so funny; everyone in the room ____________ laughing. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： late move repair turn narrow drop see development character abandon happen pour
1) I think you ought to end it before it is too ______, or you’ll kill yourself. 2) I tried my best to get on the bus, but before I could it started _________. 3) He survived the accident, but his car was damaged beyond ______, so he had to ________ it. 4) The study shows that if we still ____ a blind eye to this continuous movement against snakes, a vicious cycle（恶性循环）will be created. 5) The year 2006 _____ a number of breakthroughs in many fields on China Mainland, say, space science, sports, economy, etc. 6) Luckily, the bullet __________ missed the captain by an inch. (02 上海) 7) With modern technology, production cost has _________ by one half. 8) When you are dealing with so many patients, mistakes are bound to _________. 9) First my car broke down, then I lost my key: it never rains but it ______! 10) For a long time they walked without saying a word. Jim was the first to break the ________. 11) The social activities have benefited the building up of the children’s _____________ and the _____________ of their personalities. 7.翻译： 1) _________________________(会有什么结局) you if you continue such conduct？ 2) We never arrange a sports meet, ________________(天就下雨) 3) Wait a patience. I’d write down this address (以免忘了)______________. 4) Scientists say __________________________ ( 或许五六年才 ) it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
5) As the President's car appeared, the waiting crowds _______________(突然发出大声欢呼) 6) --- Are you satisfied with what she has done? ---Not a little. It _________________(不能再好了) 7) 我从老师的建议中获益良多。 _____________________________________________. 8) 应该教育儿童遵守法律。 ______________________________________________. 9) 我真忍受不了被这样对待。 _____________________________________________. 10) 政府将采取一些措施降低药价。 ______________________________________________________. 11) Between astonishment and joy, she couldn’t help bursting into tears. ______________________________________________________________. 12) You can hardly imagine the difficulty the woman had bringing up her children. _________________________________________________________________. 13) The refrigerators of this factory can be ranked beside the best of their kind in the world. 四 2.根据英文释义写出下列单词： cater campaign candidate cancel casual clarify coincidence cautious challenge calculate
1) __________ to find out how much sth. will cost, how long sth will take etc, by using numbers 2) __________ a planned set of activities carried out to achieve a certain goal 3) ______to end an agreement or arrangement that you have with someone 4) __________ someone who is being considered for a job or is competing in an election 5) ________ relaxed and not worried, or seeming not to care about something 6) _______ to provide a particular group of people with the things they need or want 7) ________ careful to avoid danger or risks 8) ________ something that tests strength, skill, or ability, especially in a way that is interesting 9) _________ to make something clearer or easier to understand 10) __________ when two things happen at the same time, in the same place, or to the same people in a way that seems surprising or unusual 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 category center cash cause careful casual chance ceremony centigrade case
1) Be _______ not to wake the baby up. 2) I can think of many ________ where students obviously knew a lot of English words and expressions but couldn't write a good essay. 3) The shop charges less if the customer pays in ________. 4) Jean felt more comfortable in _________ clothes. 5) The results of this survey can fall into three main _________. 6) Investigators are still trying to determine the _______ of the accident. 7) The general at last got a ___________ to visit the village, where he used to fight, which he had
been dreaming of for years. 8) The shy boy dislikes being the _________ of attention. 9) The temperature went down to –56____________. 10) A __________ is held every year to remember those who died in the war. Part 2 change chain cautious collision civilian character chapter characteristic changeable celebrate candidate 11) Five persons died during the head-on _________ between a bus and a car yesterday. 12) Nowadays within a short walk along a busy street, you are likely to find a _______ store of some kind--- a fast food restaurant, a bakery, or a supermarket. 13) I've always been __________ about giving people my phone number. 14) The company is being forced to reduce staff and I fear I'm a likely _________. 15) I don't have any ________ with me. Will you pay the fare for me? 16) His temper’s been ___________ this week, so don’t annoy him. 17) A more detailed example will be given in the next ____________. 18) His mother had thought it would be good for his ____________ to get away from home and earn some money on his own. 19) Ambition is a ____________ of all successful businessmen. 20) During the American attack against Iraq, the ________ suffered the most. Part 3 charm choice chorus climate collection coach chief clerk citizen coincidence clumsy circumstance certificate career caption central civilization caution 21) Her ________ of manner made her very popular. 22) As a result of his good job, he was soon appointed ________ engineer of the company. 23) You have a __________ you can stay here on your own or you can come with us. 24) "Welcome to our restaurant! "the waitresses said in a ________. 25) Fred became a British _________ after living there for several years. 26) I am working as a ________ and keep records or accounts in an office. 27) These flowers like sunshine and will not grow in a cold __________. 28) We got a professional football __________ to come and help us train the team. 29) Is it just a __________ that the wife of the man who ran the competition won the first prize? 30) Grandpa has a large _________ of foreign coins. 31) Anyone who wants to be successful mustn’t give up in any ______________, and should always be full of confidence. 32) The overcoat is so thick that it makes me look _______. 33) The actor started his _______ in the theatre when he was only seven. 34) The title or _________ of a newspaper article usually sets in large type. 35) You should drive with ___________ in fog. 36) Their office is in _________ Beijing, so their overhead (日常开支) is very high. 37) The driver's __________ was removed by the police for speeding. 38) She is fascinated by the ancient ____________ of Greece and Rome. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 calculate carry carve change challenge catch celebrate cause care cater
1) The scientists ____________ when the spacecraft would reach the moon. 2) --- Did we get good seats for the game? --- Who _______? I am just happy to be here. 3) All tobacco products must __________ a health warning. 4) It is amazing that the huge statue was ________ from a single block of stone. 5) The discovery of new evidence led to the thief being _________. 6) TV must _________ for many different tastes. 7) It was quite a serious mistake, which I think was __________ by carelessness. 8) The three sisters decided to hold a family party to ___________ their parents’ silver wedding. 9) They had __________ and beaten the best teams in the world. 10) When I returned to my hometown, I found it ________ completely. Part 2 check clap collect cancel charge circle clarify classify circulate catch 11) How much do you _________ for mending a pair of shoes? 12) ______ your essay carefully before you hand it in, and you can surely avoid some mistakes. 13) All flights having been _______ because of the snowstorm, many passengers could do nothing but take the train. 14) When the superstar arrived, the audience _________ and cheered. 15) The teacher's explanation ________ the puzzling problem. 16) The books in the library are _________ by subject. 17) It has been announced that candidates (考生) shall remain in their seats until all the papers have been __________. 18) Please open a window to allow the air to ___________. 19) It’s noisy and I can’t ______ a word. 20) The plane __________ the airport before landing. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 can’t help doing call on call for call off call in call up can’t …too can’t but care for care about
1) I am afraid I am not fit for that job, for it is one __________ much patience, which I lack. 2) Police were ________________ to deal with the difficult situation. 3) His car came across the terrible traffic jam, so he had to ________ his appointment with his doctor. 4) His words ___________ memories of the days we spent together in the countryside. I was working there for three years. 5) We have to ____________ the parents to help us educate the teenagers. 6) One’s world outlook ___________ come through in what one says and does. 7) Your nephew can be very naughty but at the same time you ___________ liking him. 8) --- He is really a brave man. --- We ________ admire his courage ________ much. 9) Children _________ the environment and want to help keep it clean. 10) He thanked the nurses who had __________ him while he was sick. Part 2 carry…away carry on carry off carry out in case in the case of
in that case in no case be caught with be caught in 11) I have never seen he was so angry. He just let his anger ______ him _______. 12) ---Yang Yang _________ the first Winter Olympic gold medal for China. ---Great! What honor she won for our motherland. 13) Some of the students have learned enough English to __________ a conversation with an English speaker. 14) It is hoped that the education reform being ___________ in our country at present will bring the desired result to students. 15) ---- I think the company may not offer you a good pay. --- ___________, I won't take the job. 16) I really don’t think Mary will be upset, but I will go to see her __________ she is. 17) ___________ shall we allow smoking in the classroom. 18) Jane's bad results were partly due to illness, but _________ Joe, no such excuse is possible. 19) ____________ a heavy rain, the climbers had to stop climbing the high mountain. 20) He _____ suddenly __________ a strange illness when he was about to finish his work. Part 3 in the charge of by chance clean away change…for close up close to free of charge cheer up be charged with catch hold of close down 21) If ______ any ________ someone comes to see me, ask them to leave a message. 22) I bought these gloves, but they're too large. Can I ________ them ______ a smaller size? 23) The village was in need of doctors, so a team ______________ Dr. Li went there. 24) Perhaps we need to ___________ these books to make room for our new students. 25) If your children ____________ a bit there’d be room for another one on this seat. 26) Because the shop is __________, all the T-shirts are sold at half price. 27) The policeman got _________ the cars and tried to find out whom they belonged to. 28) John was very upset because he ____________ by the police _____ breaking the law. 29) You can take as many as you like because they are _______________. 30) All the people _____________ at the good news that our country has successfully launched a manned satellite. 31) It was by ______________ a branch of a big tree by the river that he escaped from the flood. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： performance strike choice treatment serious experience promise memory scene upset
1) As I grew up in a small town at the foot of a mountain, the visit to the village called up ______ of my childhood. (07 湖北) 2) The whole crowd were quite carried away by the young singer's ____________. 3) Years ago a terrible flood ________ the village and carried off hundreds of people. 4) Will the government carry out its ________ to create more jobs? 5) John was very ______ because he was charged by the police with driving fast. 6) A well-written composition calls for good ______ of words and clear organization among other things. 7) Old _________ are often called up when you hear a particular song or a piece of music. 8) Safety in mining production is so essential and important that everyone can’t take safety measures too ________.
9) I was advised to arrange for insurance (保险) in case I needed medical _________. 10) He traveled to many mountain villages and saw many poor children out of school. This ___________ was to change his life. 7. 翻译： 1) There are a lot of problems today which are beyond any single person’s ability to solve, and they _______________ (需要共同努力) 2) Paul is good, kind, hard－working and intelligent; in a word, I ________________（怎样高度 赞扬都不过分）him. 3) He was a great success at school，and ______________________（各种奖品都让他拿到了）. 4) He (很少在乎吃什么) _______________ that anything will do so long as it fills his stomach. 5) When a friend gave him a ticket to the game, _____________________(他是不能不去的). 6) When I _________________(发现他欺骗) me I stopped buying things in his shop. 7) After the examination, he ____________________(迫不及待地对答案) with his classmates. 8) Before you begin to make a speech, you should _________________(集中你的思想和意念) 9) It is often easier to make plans ___________________ (执行计划难) 10) The boy came close to falling off the high wall． ____________________________________________________________________. 11) Narrowing the gap between rich and poor is one of the main challenges facing the government. ________________________________________________________________. 12) My brother chose to come back to work in China after he finished advanced study in the US. ____________________________________________________________________. 13) A casual newspaper reader wouldn't like articles on politics everyday. ___________________________________________________________. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) different changeable concerned praise change destroy take care of quarrel with come down as well as concentrate on look forward to I’m a middle school student. My name is Li Hua. I once had a very happy family, but now everything has 1)_______ because of my father. He used to be a very good doctor and was often 2)_______ by his patients. He 3)_____ good ______ _____ the family and did housework every day. However, he is now quite a 4)_________ person. He plays mahjong all night; his temper is 5)__________and often 6)________ _______my mother. I just cannot 7)___________ ____ my studies and my grades are 8) _______ _____. I’m very much 9) ________ and I’m afraid it will 10) ________ my family 11)____ _____ _____ my father. Could you help me and tell me what to do? I’m 12)______ _________ ____ your reply. Thank you very much. 五 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： companion comment comfort confuse create compensate corrupt crew convince conflict 1) ___________ to make someone feel less worried, unhappy, or upset 2) __________ an opinion that you express about someone or something [= remark]
3) _____________ someone you spend a lot of time with, especially a friend 4) _________ to make someone feel that they cannot think clearly or do not understand 5) __________ to make someone feel certain that something is true 6) _________ to encourage someone to start behaving in an immoral or dishonest way 7) ________ to make something exist that did not exist before 8) ________ all the people who work on a ship or plane 9) ________ a state of disagreement or argument between people, groups, countries etc 10) ___________ to replace or balance the effect of something bad 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 comment cycle companion concern common comfortable crime communication confident competition
1) It was so __________ and warm in bed that I didn't want to get up. 2) ---I don’t know what kind of university I’ll go to? ---You’d better have _____________ (意见) from your teachers and classmates. 3) He was arrested for committing several ___________. 4) Many things considered impossible in the past are quite ___________ today. 5) Radio was the pilot's only means of ______________. 6) Ann became my closest ______________; we spent a lot of time together. 7) ______________ for these jobs is very fierce -- we had over 200 applicants. 8) I have prepared for the test for a whole month, so I am _________ of passing it. 9) The changing color of the trees show the ________ of the seasons. 10) She seldom shows ______ about over others, but that does not mean that she is cold-hearted. Part 2 considerate condition conclusion conflict content complex connection consequence criterion confidential
11) We've come to the ______________ that he's not for the plan. 12) The second-hand computer she bought looked almost new; besides, it was in good _______. 13) Getting high maks is still an important _________ of a good student. 14) What I'm telling you is strictly ______________. Do not let anyone know of it. 15) Nations must not settle their differences by armed __________. 16) There is a _____________ between pollution and the death of trees. 17) The high level of unemployment has produced harmful social ____________. 18) It was very _____________ of you to let us know you were going to be late. 19) When you come across a __________ sentence that you can’t understand, try to divide it into small sentences. 20) Before reading a new book, you should first look through its ____________. Part 3 continuous control convenient courage contribution cost course cure court criminal 21)With the help of man-made satellites, now we can have __________ TV programs every day. 22) The club was named after a very popular football star in honor of his ____________ to the country.
23) Her voice is under ___________ but she is almost shaking with anger. 24) ---Shall I give you a ride since you live so far away? ---Thank you. If it is ______________ to you. 25) This new invention has greatly reduced the _______ of production. 26) He is really a brave man. We can’t admire his _________ too much. 27) Long before they graduate from high school, these students take special __________ to prepare for advanced study. 28) The prisoner was brought to ________ for trial. 29) The man is a violent and dangerous ___________. 30) “Prevention is better than ________.” If you pay close attention to your health, you can avoid getting sick. Part 4 curriculum custom customer constant concrete component competence 31) When you are traveling abroad, it is important to follow the __________ of the country you are visiting. 32) The company has a free long-distance telephone number so that ____________ may call with any question they have about the products. 33) Have you any __________ thoughts on how to deal with this difficulty? 34) He kept in touch with his family by telephoning __________ while he was in Australia. 35) What subject do you have according to the school __________ this term? 36) Typing is considered by most employers to be a basic ___________. 37) Exercise is one of the key ___________ of a healthy lifestyle. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 conduct comment connect come compare concern confirm concentrate comfort complete
1) Then _________ the hour we had been looking forward to. 2) I tried to _________ him after he was defeated by his opponent. 3) There is a rumor that the minister planned to resign, but he didn't __________ on that. 4) When _________ with the size of the whole earth, the biggest ocean does not seem big at all. 5) That gas pipeline project, started in July 2002 and to be ____________ in 2009, will be China’s longest gas pipeline in history. 6) Turn off the TV, so you can __________ on your homework. 7) ____________ about Lucy, the teacher called her parents to find out why she was so often absent from class. 8) Copper _________ electricity better than other materials do. 9) I called the airline to _________ my flight reservation a week before I left for Canada. 10) What I need now is a computer _____________ to the Internet. Part 2 contradict control consider continue contribute contain convey convince correct copy 11) Many things ______________ impossible in the past are quite common today. 12) He picked up an envelope _____________ 50 dollars in it. 13) Taking this medicine, if ___________, will of course do good to his health.
14) It's difficult to ____________ someone politely. 15) Immigrants ____________ to English culture in many ways. 16) It is to _________ breakouts of bird flu that many monitoring stations have been set up not to disturb the living environment of wildlife. 17) Nowadays sending e-mails to each other is a way many a student _______ what they think. 18) Alice _________ her father that both she and her husband would be happy if he would live with them. 19) Blindly __________ others might very well leads to losses. 20) One learns a language by making mistakes and __________ them. Part 3 compensate corrupt cover cure consult cost create cycle condemn conclude compromise consume 21) The businessman was sent to prison for trying to __________ a tax official with money. 22) The exam he paid no attention to ________ him the chance to go to college. 23) After moving into the town, my wife did some washing for the rich so that we had just enough to _______ our expenses. 24) At present more and more people try to avoid public transportation delays by using their own cars, and this in turn ___________ further problems． 25) Although this medicine can _______ you of your illness, it will have a bad effect on you. 26) I sugget you ________ your doctor about your stomachache. 27) __________ is not only good for the environment; it's a great form of exercise too. 28) Nothing can ___________ for the loss of one’s health. 29) I __________ from his strange behavior that he was lying. 30) Each year Americans ________ a high percentage of the world's energy. 31) I wanted to go to Greece, and my wife wanted to go to Spain, so we __________ on Italy. 32) She knew that society would ________ her for deserting her baby soon after giving birth. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 come on come out come down come to life come true come to an end come up with come out come up come along 1) --- Four dollars a pair? I think it’s a bit too much. --- If you buy three pairs, the price for each will ___ to three fifty. 2) Very few experts have ______________ complete new answers to the world’s economic problems. 3) --- I'm dead tired. I can't walk any farther, Jenny. --- _________ , Tommy. You can do it! 4) The dictionary is being printed and it will soon _______ . 5) --- Not getting that job was a big letdown. --- Don't worry. Something better will ______________. 6) The girl's fainted. Throw some cold water on her face and she will ______________. 7) The party last night was a success. We sang and danced until it _______________ at 12:00. 8) It took years of planning and saving, and their seagoing vacation _____________ at last. 9) The question ___________ at the meeting whether we had enough money for our research. 10) In my opinion, your work does not __________________ what I expected of you.
come down with in common with have…in common compare to compare with be concerned about compare notes common sense connect with in the company of 11) Many children ___________________ the flu and they could attend school. 12) However different, the native people do _______ something _______________. 13) Alfred didn't have the ________________ to send for a doctor in time of danger. 14)________________ most young people, he likes pop music better than folk music. 15) Children under 12 years of age in the country must be __________________ adult when in a public library. 16) The boy with the name Li Xiao, who often helps others, is ______________ Lei Feng in our school. 17) Living in a town can't __________________ living in the country in many respects. 18) I intended to __________________ with a friend, but unfortunately they couldn’t spare me even one minute. 19) Zoo officials __________________ the mother elephant, which is badly ill. 20) ---Why ask me to take that early bus? --- Because that bus ____________________ the 9:30 train at Boston. Part 3 be content with consist of on the contrary convince…of at the cost of cut off be curious about around the corner out of control cut in cut down cut out for in consequence combine…with communicate with 21) The International Olympic Committee ___________ members from many countries. 22) Those who ____ not _____________ the progress they have made will have greater success. 23) It wasn't a good thing; ___________________ it was a huge mistake. 24) The reporter said a car went _________________ on a highway south of the city and rushed into a river. 25) The government is trying hard to _____________ the local people _______ the safety of the new nuclear power station. 26) The shop needs more children's toys in store, for the Children's Day is just _____________________. 27) He saved the child from drowning but only ________________ his own life． 28) Don't _____ too ______________ other people's private affairs: the privacy right is protected by law. 29) The editor told me that if I could ___________ my story to 5,000 words, they would take it. 30) He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was _____________ from the outside world. (05 北京春季) 31) I'm sure he'd make a good journalist；he seems to ____________ the job. 32) Accidents are often caused by drivers who try to ________． 33) _______hard work ______ good method, and you’ll make progress in your English study 34) She speaks fluent English, so she can __________________ Americans without difficulty. 35) He is guilty of drug trafficking (贩卖). ________________, he will be sentenced to death. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： complete invent go serious take expense event distant shop life identity growth arrive discuss
1) Some passengers complain about that it usually ________ so long to fill in travel insurance document.
2) The mayor of Beijing says that all construction work for Beijing Olympics will have been ___________ by 2007.
3) Charles Babbage is generally considered to have __________ the first computer. 4) Now that she is out of a job, Lucy has been considering ________ back to school, but she hasn’t decided yet. 5) After moving into the town, my wife did some washing for the rich so that we had just enough to cover our ________. 6) We decided to cut short the meeting, but her unexpected ________ confused all our plans. 7)During the Olympic Games, journalists from all over the world come to cover the _______. 8) ---How soon could they cover the __________ ? --- In two hours. 9）Most of us know we should cut down on fat, but knowing such things isn’t much help when it comes to ___ and eating. 10) Due to Tom's joke, the __________ came to life and went on in a friendly atmosphere. 11) It was just a casual comment; I didn’t mean it to be taken so _____________. 12) Success in making money is not always a good criterion of success in _________. 13) I believe that the __________ of its population should be brought under control so that we’ll have a better hometown in future. 14) A national social security should be set up to cover each worker regardless of his _______. 7. 翻译： 1) I know Bob is not much of a football player, but when it ____________ (论数学), he is among the top three in the class. 2) After a long discussion, _________________________(专家们最后提出建议 ) for keeping the balance of nature in this area. 3) I thought I'd go over and ______________________ (陪伴她) so that she didn't feel lonely. 4) --- How about the book you are reading now? --- Excellent indeed. It ______________________(涉及了我所遇到的很多问题) in our study. 5) 这个问题的答案后来被证明是错的。 __________________________________________. 6) 这兄弟俩没有什么相同之处。 __________________________________. 7) 适度的运动有益健康。 ______________________________________________. 8) 你应当学他的长处，而不是他的短处。 ______________________________________________. 9) 粗心驾驶使他付出了生命的代价。 __________________________________________________. 10) The thief is troubled by his conscience and cannot fall asleep at night. __________________________________________________________. 11) Circumstances have combined to ruin our plans for a holiday. _______________________________________________________.
12) Try to avoid the controversial issues when you are writing an essay concerning politics. ____________________________________________________________. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) Text 1 attention advantage atmosphere chance custom sense difficult therefore as create bear broaden compare with deal with independently
I think it is good to send teenagers abroad for further study. 1) _________ _______ China’s education，foreign education has many 2)___________. It has a good education 3)______，pays special _________ 4) to the training of students, abilities and 5)_______ relaxing self-study 6)____________ for them．In foreign schools，we don’t have to 7)_______ a heavy learning load 8)____ we do in China, and 9)___________ we can learn much and better. In foreign countries，we have more 10)__________ to 1earn about foreign culture， 11)_______ and habits，which can 12)_________ our mind. Though we have to look after ourselves abroad and maybe life is 13)__________ for us，it will help us train our ability to live 14)____________ and 15)_____ ______ problems. Text 2 burden guidance quality problem therefore either even tell look after in turn I don’t think it is good to send teenagers abroad to study． Compared with China’s education， foreign education has many 1)________. Some foreign schools are not as good as those of our country in teaching 2)________. In those schools，students can’t learn more，and 3)_________ waste a lot of money, which is a heavy 4)_______ to their families. Teenagers are too young to 5)_____ ______ themselves 6)______ in their study or in their daily life，which 7)____ ______ will bring a lot of trouble to them． As they often don’t have the ability to 8)_____ right from wrong, and lack necessary help and 9)__________，some lose their interest in studies and 10)_______ learn something bad． Text 3 corner available convenient change cost as for take on take place
Public transport of Beijing in 1995 wasn’t really good enough. But things have greatly 1)________ in the past ten years. Now there are 24,000 buses, running on 750 bus routes ,which are 3 times as many as those in 1995. You can get to nearly every 2)_______ of the city easily by bus, which 3)______ not much. By the year 2008, 32,000 buses will have 4)_________ 820 routes throughout the city. 5)_____ _____ highways, now the total length of highways in Beijing is over 19,000km. 6)________ it or not,in 1995 the number was only 8,000km. In addition,underground railways and city-rails are 7)_________, fast and safe.The present length,114km, will rise to 300km by the year 2008. The number was only 54km in 1995. Thus public transport in Beijing has 8)______ ______ a new look. It is very 9)__________ for citizens and tourists. It is believed that it will be much better when the 29th Olympic Games ______ 10)_____ _______ in Beijing in 2008.
六 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： defend deliver deposit deserve delete deliberately decrease decorate discount disturb
1) ________ to make something look more attractive by putting something pretty on it 2) _________ to become less or go down to a lower level 3) ______ to do something in order to protect someone or something from being attacked 4) _______ to remove something that has been written down or stored in a computer 5) _________ done in a way that is intended or planned [= on purpose, intentionally] 6) _______ to take goods, letters, packages etc to a particular place or person 7) _______ to interrupt someone so that they cannot continue what they are doing 8) ________ to put money or something valuable in a place where it will be safe 9) _______ to have earned something by good or bad actions or behaviour 20) ________ the act of reducing the selling usual price of something 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 demand decision damage deadline danger deal deliberately degree description deaf
1) Nobody was hurt in the accident but the ___________ to the car was quite bad. 2) With so much electrical equipment, wood and paper in one place, there is a ________ of fire . 3) Professor Smith, along with his assistants, is working on the project day and night to meet the __________.（06 上海卷） 4) No one is so _________ as those who won’t listen to others’ advice. 5) ---45,000, but that’s my last offer. ---- OK. It is a _______. 6) His _________ to become a common teacher in the village made all of us surprised. 7) Maria ____________ missed the first train so as to travel on the same one as John. 8) The key to solving the problem is to meet the ___________ made by the customers. 9) The temperature dropped to five _________ Centigrade. 10) Tom gave the police a ______________ of his lost car. Part 2 desperate detective diet dictionary direction difficulty different disorder dessert determined 11) The situation is ___________, we have no food, very little water and no medical supplies. 12) ___________ is sweet food served after the main part of a meal. 13) She hired a ___________ to find out the true facts. 14) _____________ to complete the job on time, they set off to work immediately. 15) Guess the meaning of an unknown word before looking it up in a ____________. 16) Lyn always seems to be on a ________ because she wants to get thinner. 17) First ,it is important to recognize what kind of person you are and which special qualities make you _________ from everyone else. 18) If law-breakers went unpunished, the society will be in ___________. 19) If you are in _________，you may ask for some money from me．
20) Only taken according to the ____________ can the medicine be quite effective. Part 3 disaster distance disappointment disadvantage discount diverse defense discrimination discouraged discovery
21) Compared to other applicants, your main ______________ is lack of job experience. 22) --- Not getting that job was a big _______________. --- Don’t worry. Something better will come along. 23) California is often stricken by natural __________ such as floods and earthquakes. 24) A thick overcoat is a good _________ against the cold. 25) Club members get a 15% __________, much lower than the regular price. 26) The exam result was not good as he expected; he was very ___________. 27) He made the ____________ that bees can communicate with each other. 28) The racial ___________ issue is a political hot potato. 29) As you know, taxis are paid by ___________, to be more exact, by the kilometer. 30) John and his brother have __________ interests though they have something in common. Part 4 decrease divorce debate devotion due doubtful drunk departure drink document
31) According to the survey, half the marriages in this country end in ________, which has a bad effect on the children. 32) Several secret _____________ went missing from the manager's office. 33) I was a bit _________ at first, but it turned out to be a really good idea. 34) It was impossible for him to keep a secret when he was in _______． 35) She was so ________ that she could hardly stand up. 36) Your electricity bill is _______ to be paid on time, otherwise they will cut it off. 37) The ___________ in crime is due to the improvement of people’s living standard. 38) After a long ________ the bill was passed. 39) If the roads are icy, you'd be better advised to delay your _________. 40) We were deeply moved by their ___________ to the cause of education. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 decide decorate demand debate defend deliver decline demonstrate delay declare 1) The question of whether war can be abolished has often been ________. 2) Don’t ________ on important matters too quickly. 3) His actions __________ him to be an honest man. 4) She _________ to have lunch with her friend, saying that she wasn’t feeling well. 5) All the walls of his room are ___________ with pictures of rock singers. 6) Facing the reporters' questioning, the spokesman had to _______ what he had said. 7) John was late for the business meeting because his flight had been ______ by a heavy storm. 8) As a boy, Ralph __________ newspapers on a bicycle to earn some money. 9) The teacher ________ that he tell his parents what had become of him. 10) The car salesman took the customer for a driver in the new model in order to __________ its improved features.
2 deny depend design desire determine develop destroy despair describe deposit
11) American women were ______ the right to vote until 1920 after many years of hard struggle. 12) --- How long are you staying? --- I don't know. It _________. 13) The cheque was only _________ yesterday, so it hasn't been cleared (兑现) yet. 14) The beauty of the West Lake is more than I can __________. 15) The research is so ___________ that once begun nothing can be done to change it. 16) Yang Li wei succeeded in circling the earth, and what our astronauts ________ to do next is walk in space. 17) Jim was so badly burnt that at first they began to _________ of his life. 18) If vegetables are cooked too long, the vitamin C in them will be __________. 19) It is generally accepted that the experiences of the child in his first years largely ___________ his character and later personality. 20) Technology is ____________ so rapidly that having been used for only a year, my cell phone is out-of-date. Part 3 drag disappoint devote dial discourage drop direct differ draw drive
21) Mr. Read made up his mind to _______ all he had to setting up some schools for poor children. 22) The fire was due to the fact that somebody had _________ a lighted cigarette. 23) I called you last night, but I think I __________ the wrong number. 24) Although our looks _________, we are both attractive. 25) The waiter walked out from behind the counter and began to _____ the drunk out of the bar. 26) Go and ask the policeman ---he'll _________ you to the freeway. 27) You will _____________ them if you don't go. They will be expecting you. 28) With the graduation time __________ near, they started to exchange photos and words. 29) Failure will never ____________ a man with a strong will. 30) Pick up your chairs, children. Don't _______ them along the floor. Part 4 do dismiss dry doubt desert double distribute disturb donate distinguish deserve download discover 31) A baby soon learns to _____________ its mother's face from other adults' faces. 32) However, at times the balance in nature is ___________, resulting in a number of possibly unforeseen effects. 33) He cares so little about his meals that anything will _____ so long as it fills his stomach. 34) We built a fire to get ourselves warm and _______ our clothes. 35) Share your happiness with others, and your happiness will be ___________. 36) ---The meeting has begun and I _________ if he will come. ---Of course, he is sure to come. He'll speak at the meeting. 37) She is always late for work and is _________ from her job. 38) People who are sent to prison for drunk-driving get what they _________. 39) He has become so rude that his friends are __________ him.
40) Clothes and blankets have been __________ among the refugees. 41) Local people lined up to ________ blood for the brave girl. 42) Electricity was not ___________ by Edison, but he invented the electric lightbulb. 43) I need to ____________ some articles from the Internet for my term paper. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 deal with date back have difficulty in danger in debt be designed to die down die out make a difference depend on 1) According to recent reports, one of the rare animals, crocodile, is ____________ of dying out. 2) The traditional friendship between our two peoples _____________ to ancient days. 3) He seemed to be quick-tempered, but was actually not difficult to __________. 4) He has financial problems and at one time he was ____________ heavily. 5) Some materials can be thrown into the sea ______________ the nature of them. 6) The course _____________ help students develop their speaking skills. 7) My anger at him has ____________ since he apologized to me. 8) If human beings had been a bit less greedy and cruel, more birds and animals might have avoided ___________. 9) Everyone fails now and then. It's how you react that _______________ in life. 10) Do you know the ________ he ________ understanding what the word means? Part 2 divide…into in the distance due to dream of do sb. wrong do good do up do with be drunk with dress up by design out of one’s depth to date in demand be deaf to 11) They watched the train until it disappeared ______________. 12) “The interest shall be _________________ five parts, according to the agreement made by both sides,” declared the judge. 13) I think eating more fruit will _______ your health ________. 14) I must be getting fat --- I can hardly _____ my trousers _____. 15) There is more land in Australia than the government knows what to ________ it. 16) The ______ you have _____ him is terrible, for you should make an apology to him, I think. 17) ---How do you like this park? --- It’s wonderful. I never ____________ there being such a quiet place in this noisy city. 18) As it turned out to be a small house party, we needn't have __________ so formally. 19) He _____ so ________ the natural scene of the country that he forgot the time to return. 20) The great success of this programme has been largely ________ the support given by the local businessmen. 21) The list is up ______________ now that we’ve added the new member’s names. 22) It is very difficult to understand. It is totally _____________. 23) I don't know whether they did it by accident or __________. 24) Full of self-admiration(自负的), he ________________ others’ advice. 25) Graduates from this famous university are always ______________ in big companies. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： divide separate danger film sound resource properly turn flee rely on depend on accept
1) I’d like to leave these _______ to be developed? Could I have them by Saturday? 2) A teacher must see to it that every one of his students develops ________. 3) The main stream of a river frequently is _______ into two or more branches near the mouth. 4) There are things people _______ less the more you defend them. The truer your story is, the less true it sometimes ______. 5) If you meet a tiger in the forest and have no gun, you are in ______, because a tiger is a __________ animal. 6) We ________ the strength of the masses and the collective to bridge over difficulties. 7) Television brings us harm as well as benefit, ______________ how we make use of it. 8) We must develop all the natural __________ in our country which can make us rich. 9) Many older people may prefer not to be _________ out from the rest of the adult population. 10) The thieves _________ when they were disturbed by a neighbour. 11) He ______ a deaf ear to the teacher’s warning, which leads to his failure in the examination. 7.翻译： 1) The book published lately mainly __________________________ (内容是关于目前的环境污 染) and its drawing attention of the local government. 2) The wall was built to _________________________________.(保护这条路不被海水冲毁). 3) ---What caused the party to be put off? ---Tom’s __________________________(把请贴送晚了). 4) Many people ________________________( 期望良好的工作条件) and more education for their children. 5) ___________________________ (如果他决定做某事), nobody can stop him from doing so. 6) The high quality of our shirts ______________________________ (使我们的衬衫不同于其 它厂子生产的). 7) 保护环境是每个公民的职责。 _____________________________________________________________. 8) 这一习俗可以追溯到几百年前。 _______________________________________________________. 9) 他们的成功依赖于他们不懈的努力。 ____________________________________________________ 10) 语言难以描述出这景色的美丽。 __________________________________________ 11) 这位年轻的医生致力于帮助穷人和病人。 _____________________________________________________________ 12) If foreign aid dries up, the situation will be desperate. ____________________________________________________________. 13) It took me some time to digest what I had heard. _________________________________________________. 14) The real dignity of a man lies in what he is, not in what he has. __________________________________________________________. 七 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： encourage enthusiastic enquiry elegant entertainment
evidence evaluate explicit
1) ______ beautiful, attractive, or graceful 2) _________ to give someone the courage or confidence to do something 3) ________ a question you ask in order to get information 4) _____________ things that are intended to amuse or interest people 5) ___________ feeling or showing a lot of interest and excitement about something 6) ___________ a situation in which people have the same rights, advantages etc 7) _________ to judge how good, useful, or successful something is [= assess] 8) ________ facts or signs that show clearly that something exists or is true 9) ________ expressed in a way that is very clear and direct 10) _________ to show something that is usually covered or hidden 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 enterprise effort either edge education else ecology editor economic effective
1) Plans to build a chemical factory could threaten the __________ of the island. 2) Shenzhen, which is one of the earliest special ___________ zones in China, has become a modern city. 3) Keep away from the _________ of the cliff or you might fall. 4) His wife is the _________ of a local newspaper. 5) No country can afford to neglect the ___________ of its young people. 6) ___________ measures should be taken to educate the pupils to obey school rules. 7) We're looking for young people with _________ and creativity. 8) You can do it if you want to, but in my opinion it’s not worth the ________ it involves. 9) ________ you apologize for what you’ve just said or it is all over between us. 10) How well Mary speaks Chinese! Her pronunciation is better than anybody ____ in her class. Part 2 electrical electric energy enjoy enquiry embarrassed embarrassing encouragement endless emergency
11) There is a failure in the ___________ system, so there is no electricity. 12) The solar cell can change the energy of sunlight into ________ energy. 13) He was trying to __________ me by asking me questions I couldn't answer. 14) My most ________________ moment was trying to introduce a woman whose name I couldn't remember. 15) Remember, dial 110 in case of an ___________. 16) In school most children need _______________ rather than punishment. 17) After it seemed an ________ wait, it was now his turn to be examined. 18) Jack was full of ________ as if he had never known tiredness when he was at work. 19) The office is quite bright and airy--- it’s a pleasant working _____________. 20) After months of _________ we finally discovered the truth. Part 3 evolution eventually entertainment equality ever evidence every exact exactly especially 21) Not only did they bring snacks and drinks, but they also brought cards for ____________ when they had a picnic in the forest.
22) When it comes to the _________ of men and women, we can’t but admit that nowadays many girl university students still haven’t got equal employment opportunities. 23) It's always difficult being in a foreign country, ___________ if you don't speak the language. 24) After many years’ waiting, Chinese people ______________ realized their dream to hold the Olympic Games. 25) The ability to store knowledge makes computers different from every other machine ____ invented. 26) How often do you have PE lessons? --- ________ other day, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 27) As we know, collecting _________ from some witness is one part of policemen’s job. 28) Ted couldn’t remember the ________ date of the storm, but he knew it was a Sunday because everybody was at church. 29) However much advice I gave him, he did __________ what he wanted to. 30) Do you know about the __________ of a seed into a plant? Part 4 existence existing exhibition extraordinarily explanation expedition expense experience export expression entertaining extreme 31) A lot of new cars will be shown in the car ____________. 32) The argument remains extremely heated whether there are necessary conditions of ________ such as water on the Mars. 33) The waste can be reduced by at least one third using _________ technologies and methods. 34) He will make an ___________ to the tropical rain forest of South America to photograph wild animals there. 35) Industries have often shown an unwillingness to find ways to deal with dangerous waste because of the related ___________. 36) I have never had the ____________ of traveling, for I just can’t afford the expenses of it. 37) Can you give me any reasonable ____________ about your absence from work yesterday? 38) Wool is one of the chief __________ of Australia. 39) Her _____________ on her face suggested that she was not telling the truth. 40) She is ___________ beautiful. Everyone admires her. 41) If a person's lifestyle is destroyed, they can do __________ things. 42) I think there are only a few sports that are both ____________ and relaxing. 43) The directions he gave me were so ________ that I found the place easily. 44) _________ of the injured arm was painful. 45) Once there is a fire, get out of the building from the fire _______. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 educate evaluate encourage equal enable erupt envy escape enter express 1) Children of today should be _________ to be co-operative and get on well with others. 2) If, as they would have you believe, gun-carrying and killing improve human-character, then perhaps we should ____________ war. 3) In this time, modern technology has ________ doctors to developed new surgical techniques. 4) Knock at the door before _________, please. 5) The public ________ their concern about the accident.
6) Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, which, of course, made the others _______ him . 7) Liu Xiang, in the 2005 Olympic Games, __________ the 110 hurdle world record. 8) Smoke and flames came out of the volcano as it ________. 9) In the face of the big fire in October in California, many people in the fire-stricken areas moved out to _________ being burned 10) It is impossible to __________ these results without knowing more about the research methods employed. Part 2 examine exchange employ experience explore explain expand excuse enjoy exploit enlarge exist expose expect
11) --- Can you see what the teacher has written on the blackboard? --- No. I think I need to have my eyes __________ and perhaps I need to wear glasses. 12) With the graduation time drawing near, they started to __________ photos and words. 13) The police had the photograph of the missing girl __________ in order to see it clearly. 14) She is a laid-off worker; She hasn't been _____________ for six months now. 15) You will __________ me for not recognizing you at once. 16) Wide differences of intelligence and character _______ even in children of the same family. 17) After the Arab states won independence, great emphasis was laid on ___________ education, with girls as well as boys being encouraged to go to school. 18) People in the future will be able to _______ a longer and healthier life and remain active even in old age. 19) His eyes shone brightly when he finally received the football player’s signature he had long been ____________. 20) Our country has ____________ great changes in the last 30 years. 21) You should understand the traffic rule by now. You've had it _________ often enough. 22) Only by ________ the unknown world continuously can we have discoveries and inventions. 23) Being __________ to sunlight for too much time will do harm to one’s skin. 24) We must _______ our rich natural resources for the development of our agriculture. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 take effect come into effect have effect on make an effort eat one’s words come to an end end up with can never…enough enter for be equal to 1) Don't boast too much．You will be forced to ___________________ one day． 2) It was nearly half an hour before the medicine ____________. 3) The new law has _______________; surely it will have effect on industry of the country. 4) What is learned in books cannot ______ the same deep ___________ a child’s character as what is learned through experience. 5) Great _______ to increase agricultural production must be ______ if food shortage is to be avoided. 6) ---What about the party? ---It was a success. We sang and danced until it _____________ at midnight. 7) At the dinner we usually begin with soup and ______________ fruit. 8) Such is the kindness of the nurse that the patient _________ be thankful _______ to her.
9) Many competitors have ______________ the high jump which they are good at. 10) The scholar has knowledge and ability as well. He ___________ the research work. Part 2 equip…with even so even if keep an eye out for set an example to except that except what in exchange for 11) __________ modern facilities(设施),today’s libraries differ greatly from those of the past. 12) Mr. Zhang is mild in character. He never shouts __________ he is angry. 13) There are a lot of spelling mistakes；___________ it’s quite a good article. 14) Parents should __________________ their children in behavior. 15) I know nothing about that young girl ______________ she is an actress. 16) I know nothing about the earthquake _____________ I read in the newspaper. 17) Since the foreigner came, we have been giving her Chinese lessons _____________ her teaching us English. 18) Mom, I lost the diamond ring you bought for me as my birthday present. Could you ___________________ it when you clean my bedroom? 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： material pleasure form overcome show produce when go pick up drop miss lift
1) Many countries are increasing their use of natural gas, wind and other ______ of energy.
2) If he continues like this, he will end up _______ a stone only to have it _____ on his own foot, just as the old saying ______. 3) Mr. White, our chief engineer, usually goes to work on his bike except _____ it rains. 4) Money plays an important role in the _________ world. But expecting money to give happiness may be ___________ the meaning of life. 5) Few _________ can equal that of a cool drink on a hot day. 6) She ___________ a scarf (围巾) to wear with the dress. 7) Medical evidence _____ that men are more likely to have heart attacks than women. 8) We need a spirit of enterprise if we are to ________ our difficulties. 9) A scientist must ________ evidence in support of a theory. 7. 翻译： 1) 我们热切希望这项计划能早日着手进行。 __________________________________________________________ 2) 家长说的每句话都将对孩子产生影响。 ___________________________________________________________ 3) 他们推选那位老人为俱乐部主席。 __________________________________________________________ 4) 在紧急情况下保持镇静是很重要的。 ________________________________________________________. 5) 多参加些体育锻炼，你就不那么容易感冒了。 ___________________________________________________________ 6) 大多数父母都对自己的子女寄予很大希望。 _________________________________________________________________
7) 公众应受到合理利用能源的教育。 ____________________________________________________________________ 8) Mr. Yang, can I be excused from sport today? I hurt my ankle yesterday. _________________________________________________________________ 9) The distant island is seldom, if ever, visited by ships. ___________________________________________________. 10) Stop spending so fast, or you'll end up as a beggar. ________________________________________________________. 11) As we all know, success results from hard work; without efforts nothing can be achieved. _____________________________________________________. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) Text 1 effort precious limit return earn make use of be equal to put off form spend
We all know a popular saying, “Time is money.” But in my opinion, time is even more 1)________ than money. Why? Because when money is gone, we can 2)_______ it back; however, when time is gone, it will never 3)________. It is clear that the time we can use is 4)_______. Therefore, we should 5)______ full _____ _____ our time to do useful things. As students, we must not relax our 6)_______ in our studies, so we can serve our country better in the future. But some people do not know the importance of time. They 7)________ their precious time smoking, drinking and chatting. They do not realize that wasting time 8)____ ______ ____ wasting a part of their valuable life. In short, we should 9)_______ the good habit of making full use of time. Don’t 10)_____ _____ what can be done today until tomorrow. Text 2 mind existence duty colorful effective shocked at especially even unfortunately therefore lack escape after all care for Animals are close friends of human beings. Their 1)__________, 2)__________ that of rare animals makes the whole world lively and 3)________. 4)_____________, we heard such news recently that rare animals, 5)______ kept in the zoo, couldn't 6)________ being hurt and killed, 7)_____ which we can feel nothing but 8)________. The reason why it happened is that some people 9)______ understanding about these animals and 10)______ _____ them. 11)___________, we should study and publicize the information about rare animals, and keep it in 12)_______ that protecting animals is the 13 )______ of everyone. At the same time, we should take active and 14)__________ measures. 15)______ _____, protecting animals is protecting ourselves. Text 3 activity disadvantage quality less affect advance deal prepare succeed lead Some of the students in our school think there are advantages in being a student cadre, but some don't. In my opinion, there are both advantages and 1)____________ in being a student cadre. If you are a student cadre, you can train yourself to have fine 2)__________ in uniting your
classmates, organizing 3)___________, doing good things for classmates and 4)_______ with some practical problems, which 5)________ you for working in the future society. For example, if you are a monitor, you should 6)______ your classmates in doing everything well, which will help you to 7)___________ in your future work. On the other hand, being a cadre can also 8)________ your study more or 9)______. But if you make good use of your study time and do your work well after class, you’ll 10)___________ in both your study and work. 八 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： fiction faith flexible focus finance fantastic float fantasy foresee frequent 1) ______ a strong feeling of trust or confidence in someone or something 2) __________ extremely good, attractive, enjoyable etc 3) ______ an exciting and unusual experience or situation you imagine happening to you 4) _______ books and stories about imaginary people and events 5) _________ the commercial activity of providing funds and capital 6) _______able to change or be changed easily to suit any new situation 7) ______to stay or move on the surface of a liquid without sinking 8) ______ the thing, person, situation etc that people pay special attention to 9) _______ to think or know that something is going to happen in the future 10) _______ happening or doing something often 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 fare fact fee failure favourite fellow feather festival field familiar 1) He's never tried to hide the ________ that he spent time in prison. 2) The experiment turned out to be a complete __________, which wasn’t what they wanted. 3) Although Martha had been away from home for a long time, when she came near her home, everything suddenly became __________. 4) A one-week holiday in Majorca costs $779 including air _______. 5) Pop music is a great _______ with young people. 6) Jerry is very thin; she is as light as a ________ to carry. 7) The entrance ________ to the park have gone up by 50%. 8) He said that a ________ named Leroy was the best pilot. 9) Christmas is one of the main _________ in Europe. 10) Cole is the most famous expert in the ________ of engineering. Part 2 firm forecast flight foreigner form fluent forgetful formal fortunate fiction 11) He kept a ______ hold on the old woman’s arm as he helped her cross the road. 12) Anyone found trying to take knives on board _________ would be caught by the police. He speaks ________ and idiomatic (地道的) French, just like a French man. 14) The heroic story he tells us is not true, but merely ________. 15) According to the weather ___________, it's going to stay hot for the rest of the week. 16) About 40 million ________ visited the US last year; they're mostly from European countries. 17) Mr. Blown is __________ but he never loses his key. 18) If you want to get this job, a ________ must be filled in.
19) We have been taught that a business letter should be written in a ________ style rather than in a personal one. 20) Those who are rich but poor in health are no more __________ than those who are poor, but healthy in body. Part 3 funeral fortune fruit fuel fun freedom fresh frightening friendly frequently 21) Many people in developing countries do what they can to to go abroad in order to try their _________. 22) In a democratic country people can enjoy real ___________ and equality. 23) Take an umbrella when you go to Guangzhou because it rains ___________there． 24) More and more people would like to live in the countryside where there is ______ air and lower price of housing. 25) Many people prefer paper bags to plastic ones because they are environmentally ___. 26) If you visit the Ghost House, you may feel ___________ moments as if you were surrounded by real ghosts. 27) Most of the Europeans refuse to accept GM food while Americans regard it as the ______ from high tech. 28) Everywhere man has cut down forests in order to grow crops, or to use the wood as _____ or as building material. 29) What ____ it is to have talk with those humorous persons! 30) The great man died 3 days ago. The __________ will be held at St. Martin's Church. Part 4 freedom further fantasy friction faith finance fantastic fragrant flexible fragile facial fit 31) The Museum will be closed until __________ notice. 32) I have ______ in them. I am sure he will never fail to do it well. 33) My daughter likes to describe her ____________ dreams to me. 34) Young children sometimes can't distinguish between ________ and reality. 35) To carry on the reform, they need more _______ from the local government. 36) The reason why he adapted to the new situations quickly is that he has a _________ attitude. 37) Glasses are __________ and must be handled with great care. 38)The air in the garden was warm and __________. 39) ___________ between two sticks can create a fire. 40) Tight clothes don't allow enough _________ of movement. 41) _________ expressions can tell a lot about our inner feelings. 42) The food has gone bad and is no longer _____ to eat. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 fall fear face fail fade fasten feel find fine fill 1) The President _______ the difficult task of putting the economy back on its feet. 2) As the children disappeared around the corner, their laughter ________ away. 3) Jack had traveled six miles across the Channel when his engine _______ and was forced to land on the sea. 4) They lost their way in the forest and what made matters worse was that night began to _____.
5) We shall be landing shortly please ________ your seat-belts. 6) Police _______ that there may be further terrorist attacks. 7) I love to go to the seaside in summer. It _____ good to lie in the sun or swim in the cool sea. 8) Any applicant form not ________ properly will not be accepted by the company． 9) A cook will be immediately fired if he is _______ smoking in the kitchen. 10) If the building project to be completed by the end of this month is delayed, the construction company will be _______. Part 2 forget fix fit foresee forgive float follow flood forbid force 11) Because the first pair of trousers did not _____ properly, he asked for another pair. 12) In the reading room, we found her seated at a desk, with her attention _____ on a magazine. 13) Because of the heavy rain, people could see a lot of things _______ on the river. The heavy rain kept up for several days and all the roads were _________. 15) _______ the instructions very carefully when filling in the form. 16) --- Why didn't he drink wine? --- He was in poor health, so the doctor _________ him to do so. 17) The murderer refused to come out , so the police had no choice but to ______ the door open. 18) We should have ___________ this trouble months ago and made preparations for it. 19) --- I'd like to take a week's holiday. --- __________it. We're too busy. (2005 ) 20) For the sake of your poor family, I _______ you your debt. Part 3 follow form furnish flee fool function fancy freeze further finance 21) Reading is an experience quite different from watching TV; there are pictures __________ in your mind instead of before your eyes. 22) The alarm system was not ______________ when the paintings were stolen. 23) This room is partly __________ with a few old armchairs. 24) After her graduation from middle school, she decided to ________ her education in Paris. 25) I don't ________ going all that way in such bad weather. 26)The repairs to the school will be ____________ by the educational department. 27)The customers _________ from the bank when the alarm sounded. 28) Ann _______ with terror as the door opened silently. 29) It is generally considered to be of importance that a person ________ good examples. 30) You can't _________ me --- I know he's already given you the money. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 be faced with in the face of far from fall in love with be familiar with find faults with for fear of feed on in favour of focus on 1) ________________success, it is important for Amy to keep up a good state of mind. 2) _______________ such great difficulty, Jack felt at a loss what to say. 3) In the movie I saw last night, the hero _______________ the heroine when he first sees her. 4) This problem is ___________ being settled, so it has to be discussed again at tomorrow’s meeting. 5) I ____ so _____________ him that I recognized his voice the moment I picked up the phone.
6) I’ve tried my best and done quite well, but he is always _______________ me. 7) Most of the people present were __________________ his reasonable suggestion yesterday. 8) As students, we are supposed to __________ studying, not playing. 9) I got up early in the morning, ________________ being late for school again. 10) The bird ____________ mice and other small animals. Part 2 feel like be fine with fight for fill…with set foot free from make fun of figure out for fun be fed up with fix up 11) With only 20 minutes to go before the train left, he was still nowhere in sight and I __________ a cat on hot brick. 12) The slaves bravely _____________ their freedom and finally they won. 13) We cannot _____________ why quite a number of insects, birds, and animals are dying out. 14) The long lasting war, ____________ blood and deaths, ended in people's sadness, reaching no result. 15) --- What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game. --- It is up to you. Whatever you want to do _____________ me. 16) The students ________________ their mothers endless complaints. 17) The old man ____________ in his motherland again after 50 years. 18) As there was no spare bedroom, Susan had to _________ her friend for a night in the sittingroom. 19) Living in the country, one can be ___________ the noise and air pollution of the town. 20) Almost nobody can stand being _______________ before a crowd of people. 21) Fifty years ago, wealthy people liked hunting wi1d animals ____________ rather than to go sightseeing. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： habit problem quality train grow burn gain express leave cross full fill carry pick
1) The rapid growing population is one of the major ________ facing the world. We must keep the number of people from ________ so fast in order to let our sons and grandsons live a better life. 2) Nowadays women have _______ the freedom to decide whether to marry. 3) The apples ________ fresh from the garden are very delicious. 4) The manager, knowing his factory’s products were poor in ______, decided to give his workers further _______. 5) Words failed me when I wanted to _______ my thanks to him for having saved my son from the _______ house. 6) Next month my sister will take the university entrance examination. I will keep my fingers _______ for her. 7) The students in our class have already formed a _______ of reading English in the morning. 8) Dear! You never ______ the keys to the house in the taxi. 9) I remember _______ the bottle with water. How come it’s _____ of oil. 10) The school bag is too heavy for such a little child to ______. 7.翻译： 1) We share common experiences and ________________________ (面临共同的任务). 2) He felt ashamed because he ___________________________ (未能履行他的诺言).
3) It's so noisy outside that I can’t ________________________(把注意力集中在学习上)。 4) He ___________________(把报纸叠起来) and handed it to me. 5) He _________________________(被迫离开了祖国) for political reasons. 6) ---How can you borrow my computer without asking? ---Oh, ___________________(我忘了告诉你). I hope you don’t mind. 7) _____________________ (你很幸运) to have escaped being hurt in the accident. 8)他们的结婚日期定了没有? __________________________________________. 9)他预见到做这件工作需要很长时间。 ________________________________________________________. 10)小明日夜盼望着能够乘坐宇宙飞船到月球上去参观。 _____________________________________________________________. 11) Lack of time forbids any further discussion at the point. ______________________________________________________________. 12) In the following year, he joined the army in order to follow in his father’s footsteps. ____________________________________________________________________. 13) He never fails to write to his mother every week. __________________________________________________________. 14) All our drinks are free of artificial colorings. _____________________________________________________. 15) His words were very frightening. We were frightened at the thought of what he had said. _________________________________________________________ 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) Text 1 scene drunk seriously fortunately although invite enjoy persuade wind insist on run into worse still forget regret
My uncle will never 1)______ what happened to him yesterday. Towards the evening, he was 2)_______ to an inn. He 3)_______ his dinner with his friends, drinking a lot of beers. As a result, he got 4)________. He 5)_______ ______ driving home after the meal, 6) __________ his friends tried to 7)_________ him not to. A few minutes later, he was 8)________ his way on the street. And then his car 9)______ ______ a tall tree. 10)___________, he was still alive, though 11)_________ injured. The police came to the 12)________, and he was taken to hospital. Naturally, he had to stay in hospital for several days. 13 )_______ ______, his driving license was revoked. How he 14) _________ what he had done! Text 2 result form doubt further broadcast monitor pass admit cheat appear show
Advertising is the 1)_______ of the development of society. Since the beginning of the 21st century, there are more and more advertisements either 2)_________ on the radio, 3)________ on TV or written in newspapers and magazines. They 4)_______ in colorful designs and in various 5)______. There's no 6)_______ that many good advertisements play an active role in this modern world. At the same time, we have to 7)_______ that some advertisements are poorly made. Made-up information leaves consumers feeling 8)_______.
In my opinion, to make sure a good advertisement is made, we should found a special organization to 9)_________ advertisement-making. We can go even 10)________ and have an advertisement law 11)_________. Text 3 arrangement attend take endless improve reduce go on what more in short follow
How nice to hear from you again. You want to know what is 1)_____ ____ in schools in China? 2)____ _______, things have begun to 3)________ since schools were called on to 4)________ learning load. I don't know about others, but I used to have to work even at weekends doing 5)________ homework and 6)_________ classes as well. Now I have more free time. I can 7)_______ my own interests such as reading books, visiting museums, and 8)________ computer lessons. In the evenings I can watch news on TV or read newspapers. 9)_______ _______, I can go to bed earlier. As far as I know, everyone is happy about this new 10)____________ of things. （九） 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： gentle gradual generous guarantee hardship guidance hesitate garbage grateful gather
1) _______ waste material, such as paper, empty containers, and food thrown away [=rubbish] 2) ______to get things from different places and put them together in one place 3) _________ willing to give and share in order to help people or give them pleasure 4) _______ kind and careful in the way you behave or do things 5) ________ happening slowly over a long period of time 6) _________ feeling that you want to thank someone for their kindness 7) __________ to promise to do something or to promise that something will happen 8) ___________ something that makes your life difficult or unpleasant 9) __________ pause before saying or doing something because you are nervous or not sure 10) ______ help and advice that is given to someone about their work, education, or personal life 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 gallery gap garage gesture gift glory generous gentle gradually garbage 1) --- Nowadays, many children don’t agree with their parents. --- It’s not surprising. This is what is so called generation _______. 2) We parked our car in an underground ___________ near the hotel. 3) Her paintings are being shown at a ___________ in London. 4) Throw any left-over food in the __________. 5) It was ___________ of her to contribute such a large sum to the Hope Project. 6) A speaker often makes __________ with his hands or arms to stress something he is saying. 7) The dog is so _________ that I am not afraid of it. 8) Mrs. Taylor has an 8-year-old daughter who has a _______ for painting --- she has won two national prizes. 9) The soldier's brave deeds brought him honor and _______. 10) ___________ he gained the child's confidence and got the whole story from her. Part 2
growth greeting hardship guarantee grateful habit
goal guidance helpless
11) You'd better set a ________ before you start the programme. 12) The innocent young man was sentenced to death. He felt ________. 13) The _______ of laid-off workers is becoming a big concern of the whole society. 14) These refugees are very _________ to the government's timely aid. 15) "Good morning," I said, but he didn't return the _________. 16) When choosing your major, try to get some ____________ from your teachers. 17) I feel _______ about not looking after her well because of my busy work. 18) Jeff has been in the ________ of taking a walk after dinner. 19) If you buy this machine, you will get a five-year ____________ against mechanical failure. 20) People have suffered many __________ from the war, and they wish the war ended as soon as possible. Part 3 helicopter goods height generation grand helpful healthy generally history 21) The baby is generally__________, but every now and then he does catch a cold. 22) Two _____________ were called in to help people trapped on the island. 23) The most important thing about cotton in _________ is the part that it played in the Industrial Revolution. 24) My ____________ behaves differently from my father's. 25) These _________ are in short supply; the price will be high. 26) ___________ speaking, the more expensive the MP3 player is, the better it is. 27) You can get a _________ view of the mountains from the peak of Mount Tai. 28) His __________ makes him stand out in the crowd. 29) A walkman is _________ for you to learn English. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 gain glance gather hang happen help hide hit grow 1) He is not easy to get along with, but the friendship of his, once _______, will last forever. 2) As the storm drew nearer, black clouds were ________ over the sky. 3) The man _________ at his watch and told us the time. 4) ___________ all over the hills and around the lake are wild flowers of different colors. 5) The picture _________ on the wall is painted by my nephew. 6) At the bad news, she tried to ______ her feelings and managed to hold back her tears. 7) He hasn't come yet. What do you consider has ________ to him？ 8) If you are feeling so tired, perhaps a little sleep would _______. (浙江 05) 9) In the summer of 2007, the city of Chongqing was badly _______ by a drought. 10) The guilty man was _________ for murder. Part 2 gain hire grasp guess handle hesitate harm hate govern graduate harvest guarantee 11) He ________ the old man firmly by the arm when they crossed the road. 12) I knew by her smile that she had _________ what I was thinking. 13) The price of jewelry is largely ____________ by quality. 14) They have ___________ the delivery of the computer within two days.
15) He's not a very good teacher---he doesn't know how to ________ children. 16) I _________ to trouble you, but I have nobody else to turn to. 17) When he has to make a decision, he always ________ for a long time. 18)The college ____________ 50 students from the science department last year. 19) We must ________ the corn before the storm comes. 20)We ________ an advertising company for help to sell our product. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 get along get in get down to get away get …across get through get in touch with get on get out of get over get together come in handy 1) A sense of humor enabled him to __________ well with others. 2) For such a serious accident he was lucky to _________ with a fine. 3) The final examination is coming up soon. It's time for us to __________ our studies. 4) We have to _______ the wheat as soon as possible because a storm is on the way. 5) ---Did you find the missing couple in the mountain yesterday? ---No, but we have been trying to ________________ with them ever since. 6) Many gifted students _________ poorly in school because they found school unchallenging and as a result lost interest. 7) Barbara tried to think of a good excuse to ___________ going to the meeting. She hated it very much. 8）It was not a serious illness, and she soon ___________ it. 9）We're going to ___________ with some friends for a picnic. Would you like to join us? 10）---The boss said we had only three days to finish the work. ---Don’t worry. We have already _____________ two thirds of it. 11) He found it difficult to______ his Chinese humour _______ to an English audience. 12) Please don’t throw away your text books and note books when you finish learning. They may ______________ one day. Part 2 give away give in give way give out give off give up half and half 13) At the sad news, Sue tried to smile, but her voice _______ her _____. 14) The floor was so rotten that it almost ___________ under its weight. 15) Although I disagreed, I had to ___________ to dad --- he's usually right anyway. 16) By the end of 2008 all the factories in the city will be forbidden to _____ ___ heavy smoke. 17) He was so kind that he was always ready to __________ money and clothes to those in the flooded areas. 18) I don’t do well in math and you do no better than me; we are _______________. 19) What shall we use for power when all the oil in the world has _________? 20) I argued with him for more than half an hour, but I had to ___________ in the end. Part 3 go ahead go about go on go with go over go off go without go through for good go out go by go in for in general hardly…when
21) ______ had he entered the office ______ he realized that he had forgotten his report. 22) _____________, the northerners are fond of dumplings while the southerners prefer rice. 23) I want to learn German but I don't know the best way to ___________ it.
24) He opened the window to see what was ___________ outside. 25) --- I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight? --- Sure, __________. I'm not using it anyhow. 26) As the weeks _________, the days for the examination drew near. 27) I don't _____________ rock ' n' roll. It's much too noisy for my taste. 28) The terrorists have planned to plant a bomb on the plane in Tokyo, set to _________ when it arrived in Washington. 29) Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to ___________. 30) If you had ___________ your test paper carefully before handing it in, you would have made fewer mistakes. 31) There’s no beer left and the pubs are shut so you’ll have to ______________. 32) They _____________ all the details of the plan again and again to make sure that the project went smoothly. 33) Happiness doesn’t necessarily ____________ money. 34) People infected with SARS is hard to be cured ____________ and all. Part 4 give sb. a hand at hand go hand in hand hand in hand out hand over hang up hang about hang on hang together hand down 35) --- These books are too heavy for me to carry. --- I will ______ you ___. 36) Don't worry, my dear. Help is always __________ when you need it. 37) It is required that every student ___________ their homework on time. 38) Such knowledge was __________ from father to son. 39) We must keep the room clean. Dirt and disease __________________ , you know. 40) He was ____________ leaflets (传单) to members of the audience. 41) It is certain that he will __________ his business to his son when he gets old. 42) Someone called me up in the middle the night, but they __________ before I could answer the phone. 43) It is not easy to learn English well, but if you __________, you will succeed in the end. 44) The library hasn't opened yet, so I have to ____________ here. 45) The team must _________________ in spite of their many losses. Part 5 hear from head for help sb. with help oneself to help out can’t help in harmony with hardly…when 46) I watched his train into the distance and then ____________ my home. 47) Police want to ______________ anyone who has any information about the attack. 48) When she heard the news that the war broke out between the two countries, she ___________ worrying about her son studying abroad. 49) Thank you for the great trouble you have had _______ me ______ my computer work. 50) ---I'm sorry to have _______________ your dictionary when you were out. ---That's all right. 51) Her friends and neigbours come to ____________ whenever she is in trouble. 52) We should take measures to reduce pollution so that human may live in ___________ nature. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空：
glare stare glance say stand stick speed repair make decline remove strength selfish ever
1) She is so afraid of the big dog that she ________ at it and can ’ t move a little. 2) Everyone _______ at the two who kept talking when the other were studying in the classroom. 3) I only ______ at the photo; I don’t remember what clothes you were wearing in the picture. 4) If you work as a journanist, it goes without ______ that you ’ ll have to travel a lot. 5) Is this the man whom your father wishes to have ________ your photo? 6) Why should we have the boy ________ in the corner the whole morning? 7) Mr. Brown was much disappointed to see the washing machine he had had ______ went wrong again. 8) The professor __________ to attend the meeting on grounds of ill health. 9) The boy _______ it a habit to drop by to see the old man after school every day. 10) The train gathered _______ and the railway station became farther and farther away. 11) My grandfather loves his island. He hardly ________ sets foot in the city. 12) ---Where have you been? ---I got _________ in the heavy traffic. Otherwise I would have come here earlier. 13) Children who are always given in to by their parents soon become ________. 14) After working round the clock for three days, his _________ seemed to have given out. 15) Seeing a big stone getting in the way, they had to get out of the car and gathered all strength to _______ it to the roadside. 7. 翻译： 1) I spoke slowly, but my meaning ______________（未被理解）. 2) As far as I know,______________________________ (他很擅长唱歌和跳舞). 3) Our ancestors celebrated the birth of a child by _____________________(赠送红鸡蛋). 4) I smoke ____________(出于习惯), not for pleasure; for I have been in the habit for 20 years. 5) The couple are often seen _____________________（手拉手地散步）in the evening. 6) When he came back, he found the bag he had left (挂在座位上的) _____________ was gone. 7) I don’t know whether you ___________________(碰巧已经听说了) , but I’m going to study in the U.S.A. this September. 8) After he finished writing the letter, he _______________(接着就读) the text of Lesson 1. 9) 他扫了一眼报纸就把它扔到一边去了。 _______________________________________________________. 10) 我保证你会喜欢这部电影。 ________________________________________. 11) 他因没有经常去看父母而感到内疚。 ________________________________________________________. 12) Don't hesitate to get in touch me if you need help. _____________________________________________________________. 13) The development of radio, television and other media has gone hand in hand with the development of advertising. ______________________________________________________________. 14) Laws that punish parents for their little children’s actions against the laws get parents worried.
______________________________________________________________________. 15) Exercise and good food are important to the proper growth of a child. _________________________________________________________________. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) ceremony take place sence wish patiently bring up go through as show put on learn remember
Now I'd like to tell you something that 1)______ ______ in my school yesterday. In the afternoon we held a growing-up 2)__________ for our coming 18-year-old birthday. At first we made an oath that 3)____ grown-ups we should have a 4)_______ of duty for our society from now on. Then we 5)_________ our thanks to our parents who had 6)_____ _________ hardships to 7)_______ us ____ and teachers who have been educating us 8)_________. And our teachers also gave us cards expressing their good 9)________ to us. Finally, we 10)_____ _____ wonderful performances, singing and dancing. We 11)________ a lot from the activity. I think it's very important for us. I will 12)___________ the day in my life. 十 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： indicate invent intention improve interval initial junior nterrupt ignore inspire
1) _________ to behave as if you had not heard or seen someone or something 2) _________ to make something better, or to become better 3) ________ to show that a particular situation exists, or that something is likely to be true 4) _________ happening at the beginning 5) ______ to encourage someone by making them feel confident and eager to do something 6) _________ a plan or desire to do something 7) __________ to stop someone from continuing what they are saying or doing 8) _________ the period of time between two events, activities etc 9) _______ to make, design, or think of a new type of thing 10) ________ having a low rank in an organization or profession 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： Part 1 how home hope however hobby hungry hopeless hostess honor honestly 1) His _________ include reading, cooking, and enjoying drama; he enjoys doing many things. 2) As the mountains beyond our village are becoming greener and greener, they have become ______ to a large amount of wild life. 3) --- What do you think of last night’s lecture? --- ________ speaking, I thought it was rather boring. 4) The soldier's brave deeds brought him _______ and glory. 5) When asked whether there was any ________ of saving the patient, the doctor said firmly that there was. 6) Mark became ___________ because he could not see any ship except endless water. 7) The job of an air ________ is to serve food and drink to passengers on a plane. 8) Please tell me _____ you would like to have your coffee --- black or white. 9) If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, _________ great it is.
10) Is it lunch time yet? I'm getting ________. Part 2 idiom idea humor identity illegal impossible hurricane ill knowledge importance
11) He is a man full of a sense of __________ and what he says never fails to please us. 12) There are strong winds and heavy rain in a _________. 13) Candy and toys are a child's ______ of happiness, while a grown up's is quite different. 14) Only when your ________ has been checked, will you be allowed in. 15) The more __________ students have about the school, the easier it will be for them to adapt to the new environment. 16) To “be hard up” is an English _________ meaning “to lack money”. 17) She is unlucky, and she’s always suffering _____ luck one after another. 18) It is _______ to sell tobacco to someone under 16. 19) A scientist in China made another wonderful discovery recently about human genes (基因), which I think is of great ______________ to science. 20) To hold back the wheel of history is ________. Part 3 independent institute industry income injury initial innocent injured instant impression kindergarten 21) When it comes to job interviews, first ____________ are important. 22) With such a small _______, a great many workers in the factory can’t get enough to eat. 23) Robert aimed to be ___________ of his parents by the time he was twenty. 24) Heavy __________ was concentrated in the north of the country. 25) Now children are taken good care of in the __________. 26) After she'd overcome her ________ shyness, she became very friendly 27) He was charged with murder but found _________ later and he went out of the police station with his head held high. 28) After the fight, a caretaker (管理员) found that a young man was seriously _______ so he telephoned for an ambulance immediately. 29) Hold on, please. He'll be back in an __________. 30) He graduated from a famous foreign language _________. Part 4 insurance instruction irrigation intelligence instrument interest intention jewellry key junior justice inviting interval
31) Taken according to the _________, the medicine will have a positive effect on the child’s disease. 32) The piano is a sweet musical ____________. 33) People without ____________ had to pay for their own repairs. 34) He equals me in strength but not in ___________. 35) Li Ping has decided to go abroad for further education with the _________ of improving his English and finding a better job when he returns. 36) Tom sounds very much __ in the job, but I’m not sure whether he can manage it.(07 安 徽) 37) They held the meeting for the common __________ of the Third World.
38) At the end of every sentence, teacher will give us a ten-second _______ to wirte down what we have heard. 39) The food was so _____________ that the child couldn’t help tasting it. 40) ____________ is needed to make crops grow in dry regions. 41) She wore so much ____________ that she seemed to be covered in gold. 42) He is a _________ member of the committee; he hasn’t much experience. 43) The run-away criminal was finally brought to __________. 44) The ______ to solving the problem between the company and the customers is to meet the demand made by the customers. 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： Part 1 inspire hold honor involve host kick joke imagine ignore import 1) The evening party the children are looking forward to will be this evening. 2) His noble example _________ the rest of us to greater efforts. 3) There is a new problem in the popularity of private cars that road conditions need to be improved . 4) September 10th, Teacher’s Day in China is to _______ the teachers the glorious profession in the world. 5) Nowadays many young people get into the habit of smoking in public and can’t _____ it. 6) As is well known, China has successfully won the right to _____ the 2008 Olympic Games. 7) --- You have made a lot of mistakes in the exam. --- You must be ________ I checked it several times. 8) When I saw Jane, I stopped and smiled, but she _________ me and walked on. 9) You can’t __________ that a well-behaved gentleman should be so rude to a lady. 10) The government has an interest in _________ scientific equipment from foreign countries. Part 2 judge impress increase improve include insert inspect indicate inform insist 11) What __________ me most was that they never lose heart. 12) To __________ their service, the workers of the hotel are active in learning English. 13) The cost of the hotel room doesn’t usually _______ that of breakfast. 14) Since the operation, the player has taken more exercise to ________ his strength. 15) Statistics ________ that unemployment has caused over 70 percent of low-income residents to live in poverty. 16) David apologized for his not being able to _________ me of the change in the plan. 17) I _______ the key in the lock, but it wouldn’t work. That wasn’t the key to the lock. 18) The boy ________ that he hadn’t stolen the money and he be set free at once. 19) The Queen accompanied President Hu Jintao in ___________ a Guard of Honour (仪仗队). 20) _________ to be the top winner in the contest, Tom felt as if he were on the top of the world. Part 3 join interrupt insure intend interview introduce instruct 21) A computer only does what you have __________ it to do. 22) Insurance companies usually don’t ________ old people. 23) ---I thought you were coming back from Shanghai next week. ---Oh, I had ________ to stay there for one more week, but I changed my mind.
24) There was a second knock at the door. It was the second time I had been ___________ that evening. 25) As a former president, his views are treated with respect when he is __________. 26) After the new technique was __________, the factory produced twice as many cars in 2007 as the one before. 27) You may go ahead, I will _______ you in five minutes. 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： Part 1 hold on to hold out hold back hold to hold up in honor of hope for mke oneself at home hunt for how come 1) The sad news came as a shock, but she struggled to ____________ her tears. 2) We thought of selling this old furniture, but we've decided to ________ it. It might be valuable. (NMET 02) 3) Our government shows great concern to people who suffer earthquake and promises that food supply will _______ till they rebuild their home and lead a normal life. 4) What a pity! I have missed meeting my boss at the airport because my car was ____ ____ in the traffic jam. 5) I've always ___________ the belief that the more people have, the more they want. 6) ______ yourselves ________. Would you like a cup of coffee? 7) The club was named after a very popular football star ___________ his contributions to the country. 8) Liam decided to ignore the warning and just ___________ the best. 9) He is on time for everything. _________ he was late for the meeting yesterday? 10) On their arraval at the beach the kids were ______________ shells Part 2 if only if anything have an idea of in a hurry keep sb. inform of be intended for judge by just as keep on insist on 11) I think you were __________. You are wearing your sweater inside out. 12) He _______ good _______ the examination result when he saw his daughter’s face. 13) Joe isn’t a bad boy, _________, he is a pretty good one. 14) The schoolgirl could be a pretty one ______ she paid more attention to her manners and clothes. 15) We are _____________ of what is happening in the world by reading newspapers and watching television. 16) Against the advice from his friends, he __________ driving alone at the rush hour. 17) The film Harry Potter IV ______ children above 12 and adults for it contains horror and violence． 18) --- ______________ a number of the cars, there are not many people in the club. ---I think so. People would stay at home in such bad weather 19) _________ sound travels through the air in waves, so electricity travels through the air in what we call radio waves. 20) If she doesn’t tell him the truth now, he’ll simply _________ asking her until she does.
Part keep away from keep off keep…out keep an eye on
keep back keep on keep up keep to join in keep up with knock down knock into knock into
21) At the end of some songs that everyone ’ s familiar with, then they can _________. 22) The boss _________ $40 from my salary without any good reason, which made me very angry. 23) The only way to get your weight down is ___________ all the fattening foods. 24) Whatever happens, you should ________ what you have started until you're completely successful. 25) I am sure Mike will come on time. He is a man of his word and will ________ his promises. 26) The officer told the soldiers to ______ their spirits when they were on the point of giving up. 27) Julie is one of those women who always ______________the latest fashion. 28) ________________on the stove in case the coffee boils. 29) _____________ by a car, he spent a week in the hospital 30) He was in such a hurry that he almost _____________ the headmaster. 31) If you buy more than ten, they ________ 20 pence _____ off the price. 32) Close the door please so that we can ________ the cold ______. 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： ice attention manage increase make weigh outside without 1) Friendship is like money; easier _______ than kept. 2) Mary kept ____________ herself to see how much heavier she was getting. 3) Having sat for about half an hour without talking to each other, the man finally broke the ___. 4) ---You could have turned to the soldiers for help. ---Yes, but we hoped to have _______ it on our own. Who would think we would fail? 5) The three students went swimming in the river _________ their teachers’ knowledge. And one of them almost drowned. 6) A good storyteller must be able to hold his listeners’ _________ until he reaches the end of the story. 7) If city noises are not kept from ___________, people will have to shout to be heard even at the dinner table 20 years from now. 8) He likes to carry out his own plans independent of _________influence. 7. 翻译： 1) He said he was sorry ______________________ (让我们等) outside for so long a time. 2) __________________________ (你的建议没有被忽视)，It is still under discussion. 3) You ______________________ (难以想象他们多么激动) when they heard the news that the Chinese team won. 4) 我们被她的表演所打动。 _________________________________________________. 5) 如果情况没有好转，就必须做一些变化。 _________________________________________________. 6) 你的观点不会影响我的决定。 ___________________________________________________. 7）你们既然作了这样的允诺,就必须履行。 ____________________________________________________.
___________________________________________________________. 10) The words of my teacher left a lasting impression on my mind and I am still influenced. ______________________________________________________________. 11) Internet has lots of advantages. It keeps us informed about the latest news and also provides entertainment for the on-line-goers. ___________________________________________________________________________. 12) This law is intended to reduce the number of accidents caused by children running across the road when they got off the bus. __________________________________________________________________. 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： wish round help support position choice experience full difficult regular hunt in a hurry such as hunt for join in as well as
Once again university graduates starts a new 1)_______ of job 2) ________. Young people nowadays make their 3)________ for different reasons. For most of them, to find a good job with satisfactory pay is their most important 4) ______, while a minority want to be self-employed, 5)_____ _____ web page designing. However, a certain number of graduates are not 6) ____ ____ ______ to 7)_____ _____ jobs. They are just waiting. The experts advise that those graduates should find a 8)________, 9)_____ time job as quickly as possible so that they can earn some money to 10)_________ themselves 11) ____ ____ _____ get working 12)___________ which will 13 )_____ to find a better 14)_________ later. Moreover, more graduates will 15) _____ _____ the job hunting next year and it will be more 16) _________ to find a satisfactory job.
一 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) abandon 2) abolish 3) abrupt 4) abuse 5) accuse 6) adventure 7) amateur 8) acquaintance 9) admirable 10) adore 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) able 2) access 3) alive 4) age 5) actual 6) album 7) accident 8) account 9) address 10) ambition 11) absent 12) ability 13 ) action 14) accent 15) agriculture16) achievement 17) advantage 18) activities 19) affairs 20) agreements 21) alone 22) against 23) after 24) absence 25) aboard 26) agency 27) allergic 28) amateur 29) abstract 30) aggressive 31) affection 32) agenda 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空：1) absorb 2) abandoned 3) accused 4) added 5) accepted 6) allow 7) acting 8) accompanied 9) allocated 10) admire 11) advertise 12) age 13 ) afford 14) affected 15) addressed 16) access
17) amused 18) accumulate 19) accomplish 20) abused 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1) went against 2) taking advantage of
all 4) taken into account 5) took;actions 6) was admitted to 7) agree with 8) aims at 9) were about to 10) are addicted to 11) by accident 12) take advice 13 ) in advance 14) was absorbed in 15) add;to 16) get; across 17) agree on 18) make allowance for 19) allow for 20) agreed with 21) account for 22) adjust to 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)digest 2)lonely 3)wait 4) ticket 5)effect 6)development 7) acquisition 8) age 7.翻译： 1) had given me some advice on how to learn 2) has been admitted to a key university 3) couldn't agree more 4) was able to get out 5) added to the beauty 6) He was absent from the meeting. 7) Do you think the rain will affect the result of the football game? 8 ) We don't allow eating in the classroom. 9) She is afraid to speak English because she is afraid of making mistakes． 10) If it was not an accident, he must have done it on purpose. 11) I've received a gift from him, but I'm not about to accept it. 12 ) So far, the English words we have learned add up to about 3,500. 13) 我们丰富的资源和稳定的政策为外商投资提供了有利条件。 14) 我在街上遇到她，可是当我向她微笑时，她却连招呼都没有向我打一个。 15) 大家都认为狗的嗅觉敏锐。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： 1) popular 2) efforts 3) apply 4) advantages 5) attending 6) act as 7) different 8) as well 9 Above all) 10) advanced 11) However 12) disadvantages 13 ) alone 14) Besides 15) lonely 16) Also 17) native
二 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) analysis 2) anecdote 3) annoy 4) anxiety 5) apology 6) astronaut 7 ) attitude 8) authority 9) avenue 10) argue 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)appreciation 2)approaches 3)available 4)anyone 5)average 6) arrangements 7)appointment 8)anyhow 9)astronaut 10) athletes 11) anniversary 12) Announcements 13 ) articles 14) arrival 15) awake 16) attempt 17) attention 18) anxious 19) appearance 20) atmosphere 21)ashamed 22) appetite 23) analysis 24) angle 25 anxiety) 26) apologies 27) apparent 28) applicants 29) appropriate 30) approval 31) artificial 32) aspect 33 ) authority 34) anywhere 35) awkward 36 ) average 37) authentic 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1) apologized 2) arrested attempted 3) announcing 4) answered 5)avoided 6)arrange
7)analyze 8) appreciate 9) appears 10) attacked 11) Attracted 12) armed 13 ) attending 14) argued 15) assume 16) annoyed 17) arisen 18) approaching 19) appealed 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1)one…another 2)was…anxious about 3)appeals; to 4)approved of 5) Apart from 6)anything but 7)answer for 8)applies for 9) are aware of 10)apply; to 11)as if 12) as far as 13 ) As it is 14) as well 15) As with 16)might as well 17) as for 18) as good as 19) As far as; as much as 20) as it were 21) as well as 22) argued with 23) attend to 24) set aside 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) thought 2) invitation 3) sound 4) sight 5) suggestion 6) expense 7) requirement 8) risk 9) loss 10) service 11) knowledge 7.翻译： 1)I'd appreciate it 2) to attend middle school 3)Young as she is 4)on his arrival 5) What about another time 6) appeared to have been told everything 7) has been applied to 8) They always argue with each other about money. 9) You should have avoided mentioning his mistake again. 10 ) We were anxious to know whether he had arrived safely. 11) 他向那位女士道歉，因为他把人家的左脚踩了。 12) 从许多方面讲，小孩子可以说是生活在一个跟成人不同的世界里。 13) 现在越来越多的人意识到有很多东西对环境有威胁，并开始采取行动保护环境。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： Text 1 1) admit 2) admired 3) courage 4) blamed 5) chance 6) appear 7) recognized 8) moment 9) though 10) grown 11) surprised 12) forgotten 13 ) apology 14) accepted 15) breathed Text 2 1) as 2) part 3) abroad 4) as well as 5) attend 6) also 7) even 8) ability 9) be addicted to 10) destroyed 11) keep off 12) Anyhow 13 ) prevent （三）参考答案 1. 单项选择: 1)-10) DACBA DACCB 11)-20) ABBAA CCACD 21)-30) DCAAC ABCAD 2.根据英文释义写出下列单词： 1) base 2) behavior 3) bid 4) bonus 5) bother 6) bravery 7 ) brochure 8) bush 9) bargain 10) brand 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) back 2) bad 3) baggage 4) balance 5) balcony 6) bargains 7) barriers 8) basis 9) beat 10) before 11) belief 12) behind 13) below 14) belongings 15) beneficial 16) benefit 17) Besides 18) but 19) budget 20) between 21) beyond 22) by 23)bitter 24)bill 25)blame 26) bottom 27) brains 28) brands 29) break 30) breakthrough 31) brief 32) burden 33 ) burglar 34) business 35) beards 36 ) brilliant 37) broad 38) bonus 39) booth 40) bravery 41) breathless 42) bunch 43) bond 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1) boycott 2) blessed 3) booked 4) bear 5) beating 6) become 7) bother 8) blame 9) Benefiting 10) behaved 11) bleeding 12) blocked 13 )bouncing 14)brake 15)breaking 16) break
17)broadcast 18)brush 19)brightened 20) built21) burning 22) burst 23 )buried 24) better 25) bite 26) betrayed 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空：1)out of breath 2) bargained with 3) based on 4) on the basis of 5) become of 6) begging for 7) fall behind 8) believe in 9) belongs to 10) benefited; from 11) is of …benefit 12) bridge over 13 ) are bound to 14) Being to blame 15) held their breath 16) long before 17) given birth to 18) build up 19) burnt down 20) on his behalf 21) brought about 22) brought in 23) brought back 24) bring out 25) brought up 26) broke down 27) broken through 28) broken away from 29) breaking in 30) break up; broke down 31) broken down 32) broke out 33 ) Nothing but 34) None but 35) not; but 36 ) never; but 37) But for 38) but that 39) by means of 40) burst out 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空：1) late 2) moving 3) repair; abandon 4) turn 5) saw 6) narrowly 7) dropped 8) happen 9) pours 10) silence 11) characters ; development 7.翻译：1) What will become of 2) but it rains 3) before I forget it
4) it may be five or six
years before 5) broke /burst into loud cheers 6) couldn’t be any better 7) I benefited from my teachers’ advice 8) Children should be brought up to respect the law. 9) I really can't bear being treated in this way. 10) The government will take some measures to bring down the price of medicines. 11) 她悲喜交加，控制不住放声大哭起来。 12) 你很难想象这位妇女抚养孩子是多么艰难。 13) 这家工厂的冰箱比得上国际上最好的同类产品。
四 （四）参考答案 1. 单项选择: 1)-10) BCBCD BBDBA 11)-20) DBDBA DCCDA 21)-30) CBCAC DDBDA 31)-40) BABCC DACAA 2.根据英文释义写出下列单词： 1) calculate 2) campaign 3) cancel 4) candidate 5) casual
6) cater 7) cautious 8) challenge 9) clarify 10) coincidence 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空：1)careful 2)cases 3) cash 4) casual 5) categories 6) cause 7) chance 8) center 9) Centigrade 10) ceremony11) collision 12) chain 13 ) cautious 14) candidate 15) change16) changeable 17) chapter 18) character 19) characteristic 20) civilians 21)charm 22) chief 23) choice 24) chorus 25) citizen 26)clerk 27)climate 28)coach 29)coincidence 30)collection 31)circumstances 32)clumsy 33 )career 34) caption 35) caution 36 ) central 37) certificate 38) civilizations 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空：1)calculated 2) cares 3) carry 4) was carved 5) caught 6) cater 7) caused 8) celebrate 9) challenged 10) changed 11) charge 12) Check 13 ) cancelled 14) clapped 15) clarified
16) classified 17) collected 18) circulate 19) catch 20) circled 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1)calling for 2) called in 3) call off
4) called up
5) call on 6)cannot but 7) can’t help 8) can’t;too 9) care about 10) cared for 11) carry;away 12) carried off 13 ) carry on 14) being carried out 15) In that case 16) in case 17) In no case 18) in the case of 19) Caught in 20) was;caught with 21) by;chance 22) change;for 23) in the charge of 24) clean away 25) closed up 26)closing down 27)close to 28) was charged;with 29) free of charge 30) cheered up 31) catching hold of 6.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) scenes 2) performance 3) struck 4) promise 5) upset 6) choice 7) memories 8) seriously 9) treatment 10) experience 7. 翻译： 1) call for united efforts 2) can’t speak too highly of
3) carried off all the prizes
4) cares so little about his meals 5) he couldn't help but go 6) caught him cheating 7) couldn't wait to check his answers 8) collect your thoughts and ideas 9) than to carry them out 10) 那孩子差点从高墙上掉下来。11 ) 缩小贫富之间的差距是政府面临的主要难题之一。 12) 我哥哥在美国深造后决定回到中国工作。 13) 不经心的报纸读者不会喜欢每天都有政论 文章。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) 1) changed 2) praised 3) took; care of 4) different 5) changeable 6) quarrels with 7) concentrate on 8) coming down 9) concerned 10) destroy 11) as well as 12) looking forward to
五 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) comfort 2) comment 3) companion convince 6) corrupt 7) create 8) crew 9) conflict 10) compensate 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)comfortable 2)comments
4) confuse 5)
communication 6)companion 7)Competition 8)confident 9)cycle 10)concern 11)conclusion 12) condition 13 ) criterion 14) confidential 15) conflicts 16) connection 17) consequences 18) considerate 19) complex 20) contents 21)continuous 22)contributions 23)control 24)convenient 25)cost 26)courage27)courses28)court29) criminal 30)cure 31)custom 32)customers 33)concrete 34)constantly 35)curriculum 36 )competence 37)components 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1)came2)comfort 3)comment 4)compared 5)completed 6) concentrate 7) Concerned 8) conducts 9) confirm 10)connected 11)considered 12)containing 13)continued 14)contradict 15) contribute 16) control 17)conveys 18) convinced 19)copying 20)correcting 21)corrupt
22)cost 23) cover 24) creates 25) cure 26) consult 27) Cycling 28) compensate 29) concluded 30) consume 31) compromised 32) condemn 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空：1)come down 2)come up with 3)Come on 4)come out5)come along 6) come to life 7) came to an end 8) came true 9) came up 10) come up to 11) came down with 12) have…in common 13 ) common sense 14) In common with 15) in the company of 16) compared to 17)compare with 18)compare notes 19)are concerned about 20)connects with 21)consists of 22)are;content with 23) on the contrary 24) out of control 25) convince;of 26) around the corner 27)at the cost of 28) be…curious about 29) cut down 30) cut off 31) be cut out for 32)cut in 33 ) Combine; with 34) communicate with 35) In consequence 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)takes 2) completed 3) invented 4) going 5) expenses 6) arrival 7) event 8)distance 9)shopping 10)discussion 11) seriously 12) life 13) growth 14) identity 7. 翻译： 1) comes to math 2) the experts finally came up with suggestions 3) keep her company 4) covers many problems we have come across 5) The answer to the question came out wrong. 6) The two brothers have little in common. 7) A proper amount of exercise contributes to good health. 8) You should copy his strong points, not his weak points. 9) Careless driving cost him his life. 10) 那个小偷受到了良心的谴责，晚上睡不着觉。 11) 各种情况凑在一起破坏了我们的 假日计划。 12) 写与政治有关的论文时，尽量避免有争议的问题。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： Text 1 1) Compared with 2) advantages 3) sense 4) attention 5) creates 6) atmosphere 7) bear 8) as 9) therefore 10) chances 11) customs 12) broaden 13 ) difficult 14) independently 15) deal with Text 2 1)problems 2) quality 3) therefore 4) burden 5) look after 6) either 7) in turn 8) tell 9) guidance10) even Text 3 1) changed 2) corner 3) costs 4) covered 5) As for 6) Believe 7) available 8) taken on 9) convenient 10) takes place 六 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) decorate 2) decrease 3) defend 4) delete 5) deliberately 6) deliver 7) disturb 8) deposit 9) deserve 10) discount 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空：1)damage 2)danger 3)deadline 4)deaf 5)deal 6)decision 7)
deliberately 8)demand 9)degree 10) description 11) desperate 12) Dessert 13 )detective 14) Determined 15) dictionary 16)diet 17)different 18)disorder 19)difficulties 20)directions 21)disadvantage 22)disappointment 23)disaster 24)defence 25)discount 26)discouraged 27)discovery 28)Discrimination 29) distance 30)diverse 31)divorce 32)documents 33 )doubtful 34)drink 35)drunk 36 )due 37) decrease 38) debate 39) departure 40) devotion 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1)debated 2)decide 3)declared 4)declined 5)decorated 6) defend 7) delayed 8) delivered 9) demanded 10) demonstrate 11) denied 12)depends 13 )deposited 14) describe 15)designed 16)desire 17)despair 18) destroyed 19) determined 20) developing 21) devote 22) dropped 23)dialed 24)differ 25)drive 26)direct 27)disappoint 28)drawing 29)discourage 30)drag 31)distinguish 32)disturbed 33 )do 34)dry 35)doubled 36 )doubt 37) dismissed 38) deserve 39) deserting 40) distributed 41) donate 42) discovered 43) download 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空：1)in danger 2)dates back 3)deal with 4)in debt 5) depending on 6) is designed to 7)died down 8) dying out 9) makes a difference 10) difficulty…has 11) in the distance 12) divided into 13 ) do; good 14) do;up 15) do with 16) wrong;done 17) dreamed of 18) dressed up 19)was;drunk with 20)due to 21)To date 22)out of my depth 23)by design 24) is deaf to 25) in demand 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) films 2) properly 3) divided 4) accept; sounds 5) danger; dangerous 6) rely on 7) depending on 8) resources 9) separated 10) fled 11) turns 7.翻译：1) deals with the present environmental pollution 2)defend the road from being washed away by the sea 3) delaying sending the invitations 4) desire better working conditions 5) If he is determined to do something 6) made them different from those made by other factories 7) It is the duty of every citizen to protect our environment. 8) The custom dates from hundreds of years ago. 9) Their success depends on their continuing effort. 10) Words cannot describe the beauty of the scene. 11) The young doctor devoted himself to helping the poor and the sick. 12) 倘若外援枯竭，形势将极为严重。13) 我花了一些时间才把听到的东西弄明白。 14) 一个人的真正尊严在于他的品格，而非他的财富。 七 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) elegant 2) encourage 3) enquiry 4) entertainment 5) enthusiastic 6) equality 7) evaluate 8) evidence 9) explicit 10) expose 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) ecology 2) economic 3) edge 4) editor 5) education 6)
Effective 7)enterprise 8)effort 9) Either 10) else’s 11) electrical 12) electric 13 ) embarrass 14) embarrassing 15) emergency 16) encouragement 17) endless 18) energy 19) environment 20) enquiry 21)entertainment 22)equality 23)especially 24)eventually 25)ever 26) Every 27) evidence 28) exact 29) exactly 30) evolution 31)exhibition 32)existence 33)existing 34)expedition 35)expenses 36) experience 37) explanation 38) exports 39) expression 40) extraordinarily 41) extreme 42) entertaining 43) explicit 44) Extension 45) escape 4. 选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1) educated 2) encourage 3) enabled 4) entering 5) expressed 6) envy 7)equalled 8)erupted 9) escape 10) evaluate 11) examined 12) exchange 13 ) enlarged 14) employed 15) excuse 16)exist 17)expanding 18)enjoy 19)expecting 20)experienced 21)explained 22)exploring 23)exposed 24) exploit 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空：1) eat your words 2)took effect 3) come into effect 4) have; effect on 5)efforts; made 6) came to an end 7) end up with 8) can never; enough 9)entered for 10) is equal to 11) Equipped with 12) even if 13 ) even so 14) set an example to 15) except that 16) except what 17) in exchange for 18) keep an eye out for 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) forms 2) lifting; drop; goes 3) when 4) material; missing 5) pleasures 6) picked out 7) shows 8) overcome 9) produce 7. 翻译： 1) We are eager that the project should be started early. 2) Every word from the parents will have an effect on the child. 3) They elected the old man to be chairman of the club. 4) It is important to keep/stay calm in an emergency. 5) If you take more PE exercise, you will not catch a cold so easily. 6) Most of the parents expect much of their children. 7) The public should be educated in how to use energy more effectively. 8) 杨老师，我今天可以不参加体育活动吗？我昨天把脚踝伤了。 9) 这个遥远的岛难得有船停靠。10) 不要大手大脚地乱花钱，否则你最终会成为乞丐的。 11) 众所周知，成功来自勤奋，不努力则一事无成。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) Text 1 1) precious 2) earn 3) return 4) limited 5) make; use of 6) efforts 7) spend 8) is equal to 9) form 10) put off Text 2 1) existence 2) especially 3) colorful 4) Unfortunately 5) even 6) escape 7) at 8) shocked 9) lack 10) caring for 11) Therefore 12) mind 13 ) duty 14) effective 15) After all Text 3 1) disadvantages 2) qualities 3) activities 4) dealing 5) prepare 6) lead 7) advance 8) affect 9) less 10) succeed 八 2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空：
1) faith 2) fantastic 3) fantasy 4) fiction 5) finance 6) flexible 7) float 8) focus 9) foresee 10) frequent 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) fact 2) failure 3) familiar 4) fare 5) favourite 6) feather 7) fees 8) fellow 9) festivals 10) field 11) firm 12) flights 13 ) fluent 14) fiction 15) forecast 16) foreigners 17) forgetful 18)form 19)formal 20)fortunate 21)fortune 22)freedom 23)frequently 24) fresher 25) friendly 26) frightening 27) fruit 28) fuel 29) fun 30) funeral 31) further 32) faith 33 ) fantastic 34) fantasy 35) finance 36 ) flexible 37) fragile 38) fragrant 39) Friction 40) freedom 41) Facial 42) fit 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1)faces 2)faded 3)failed 4)fall 5)fasten 6)fear 7) feels 8) filled 9) found 10) fined 11) fit 12) fixed 13 ) float 14) flooded 15) Follow 16) forbade 17) force 18) foreseen 19) Forget 20) forgive 21) forming 22) functioning 23) furnished 24) further 25) fancy 26) financed 27) fled 28) froze 29) follows 30) fool 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1) In face of 2) Faced with 3) falls in love with 4) far from 5) was ; familiar with 6) finding faults with 7) in favour of 8) focus on 9) for fear of 10) feeds on 11) felt like 12) fought for 13 ) figure out 14) filled with 15) is fine with 16) are fed up with 17) set foot 18) fix up 19) free from 20) made fun of 21) for fun 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) problems; growing 2) gained 3) picked 4) quality; training 5) express; burning 6) crossed 7) habit 8) left 9) filling; full 10) carry 7.翻译： 1) face common tasks 2) failed to carry out his promise 3) focus my attention on
my studies. 4) folded the newspaper 5) was forced to leave his homeland 6) I forgot to tell you 7) You are quite fortunate 8) Have they fixed a date for their wedding? 9) He foresaw that the job would take a lot of time. (He foresaw that it would take a lot of time to do this job.) 10) Xiao Ming looked forward to visiting the moon by spaceship day and night. 11) 由于时间不够， 现在不能深入讨论这个问题。 12) 第二年他为了继承父亲的传统参了军。 13 ) 他从来没有忘记每周给母亲写信。 14) 我们所有的饮料不含人工色素。 15) 他的话很恐怖, 一想到他所说的话我们就害怕。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文：(每空只填一词) Text 1 1) forget 2) invited 3) enjoyed 4) drunk 5) insisted on 6) although 7) persuade 8) winding 9) ran into 10) Fortunately 11) seriously 12) scene 13 ) Worse still 14) regretted Text 2 1) result 2) broadcast 3) shown 4) appear 5) forms 6) doubt 7) admit 8) cheated 9) monitor 10) further 11) passed Text 3 1) going on 2) In short 3) improve 4) reduce 5) endless 6) attending 7) follow 8) taking 9) What's more 10) arrangement
2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) garbage 2) gather 3) generous 4) gentle 5) gradual 6 )grateful 7) guarantee 8) hardship 9) hesitate 10) guidance 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)gap 2)garage 3)gallery 4)garbage 5)generous 6)gestures 7)gentle 8)gift 9)glory 10) Gradually 11) goal 12) helpless 13)growth 14)grateful 15)greeting 16)guidance 17)guilty 18) habit 19) guarantee 20) hardships 21) healthy 22) helicopters23) history 24) generation 25) goods 26) Generally 27) grand 28) height 29) helpful 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空： 1) gained 2) gathering 3) glanced 4) Growing 5) hanging 6) hide 7) happened 8) help 9) hit 10) hanged 11) grasped 12) guessed 13 ) governed 14) guaranteed 15) handle 16) hate 17) hesitates 18) graduated 19) harvest 20) hired 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1) get along 2) get away 3) get down to 4) get in 5) get in touch 6)got on 7)get out of 8)got over 9)get together 10)got through 11)get; across 12)come in handy 13)gave; away 14) gave way 15) give in 16) give off 17) give away 18) half and half 19) given out 20) give up 21) given out 22)In general 23)go about 24)going on 25)go ahead 26)went by 27) go in for 28) go off 29) go out 30) gone over 31) go without 32) went through 33 ) go with 34) for good 35) give; a hand 36 ) at hand 37) hand in 38) handed down 39) go hand in hand 40) handing out 41) hand over 42) hung up 43) hang on 44) hang about 45) hang together 46) headed for 47) hear from 48) couldn't help 49) helping; with 50) helped myself to 51) help out 52) in harmony with 53) Hardly; when 54) 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1) stared 2) glared 3) glanced 4) saying 5) enlarge 6) standing 7) repaired 8) declined 9) made 10) speed 11) ever 12) stuck 13) selfish 14) strength 15) remove 7. 翻译： 1) didn’t get across 2) he has a gift for singing and dancing. 3) giving away red eggs 4) out of habit 5) walking hand in hand 6) hanging over the seat 7) happen to have heard 8) went on to read 9) He glanced at the newspaper and threw it aside. 10) I guarantee that you'll love the film. 11) He felt guilty about not visiting his parents often. 12) 如果需要帮助, 尽管与我 联系。 13 ) 广播、电视和其它媒体与广告业同步发展。14)由于儿童违法而惩罚其家长, 这样的规定使家长很忧虑。
15) 运动和营养好的食物对孩子的正常发育十分重要。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： 1) took place 2) ceremony 3) as 4) sense 5) showed 6) gone through 7) bring; up 8) patiently 9) wishes 10) learned 11) put on 12) remember
2. 根据英文释义选用下列单词填空： 1) ignore 2) improve 3) indicate 4) initial 5 inspire) 6) intention 7) interrupt 8) interval 9) invent 10) junior 3.选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)hobbies 2)home 3)Honestly 4)honor 5)hope 6) hopeless 7)hostess 8)how 9)however 10)hungry 11)humor 12) hurricane 13)ideas 14)identity 15)knowledge 16)idiom 17)ill 18)illegal 19)importance 20)impossible 21)impressions 22) income 23) independent 24) industry 25) kindergartens 26) initial 27) innocent 28) injured 29) instant 30) institute 31) instructions 32) instrument 33 ) insurance 34) intelligence 35) intention 36 ) interested 37) interests 38) interval 39) inviting 40) Irrigation 41) jewelry 42) junior 43) justice 44) key 4.选用下列动词的适当形式填空：1)held 2)inspired 3)involved 4) honor 5) kick 6) host 7) identify 8) ignored 9) imagine 10) importing 11) impressed 12) improve 13 ) include 14) increase 15) indicate 16) inform 17) inserted 18) insisted 19) inspecting 20) Judged 21) instructed 22) insure 23) intended 24) interrupted 25) interviewed 26) introduced 27) join 5.选用下列短语及词组的适当形式填空： 1) hold back 2) hold on to 3) hold out 4) held up 5) held to 6) Make; at home 7)in honor of 8) hoped for 9)How come 10) hunting for11) in a hurry 12) had a; idea of 13 ) if anything 14) if only 15) kept informed 16) insisted on 17) is intended for 18) Judging from 19) Just as 20) keep on 21) join in 22) kept back 23) to keep off / to keep away from 24) keep on 25) keep to 26) keep up 27) keep up with 28) Keep an eye 29) Knocked down 30) knocked into 31) knock; off 32) keep; out 6. 选用下列词的适当形式填空： 1)made 2)weighing 3) ice 4) managed 5) without 6) attention 7) increasing 8) outside 7. 翻译： 1) to have kept (keep) us waiting 2) Your suggestion has not been ignored 3) can't imagine how excited they were 4) We were impressed by her performance. 5) Changes will be made if the situation doesn't improve. 6) Your opinion won't influence my decision. 7) You've made such a promise, and should be held to it.
8) Children need a happy home environment for their healthy growth. 9) The increase of population will cause social problems. 10) 我老师的话在我心里留下了深刻的印象，现在仍然印象很深。 11) 因特网有很多优点,它不仅可以让我们了解最新新闻,而且可以为上网者提供 娱乐场所。 12) 这个规定的目的是减少由于儿童下公共汽车后过马路而造成交通事故的数 量。 8. 选用下列单词或短语的适当形式完成下面短文： 1) round 2) hunting 3) choices 4) wish 5) such as 6) in a hurry 7) hunt for 8) regular 9) full 10) support 11) as well as 12) experience 13 ) help 14) position 15) join in 16) difficult