Do you want to travel to the future like Doraemon ?
? What the life will be 1,000 years later?
1. Listen to the tape of the passage carefully while reading the p
assage, please find out the main idea of the passage.
What ’s the main idea of the passage?
It’s mainly about Li Qiang’s future
Now try to find out what
happened to Li Qiang before,
during and after the journey.
Li felt worried and ________ nervous Before the at first, as a result he suffered time lag journey from _______. Li was transported safely into During the the future in a ___________. time capsule journey (1) Confused _________by the new During the journey(2) surroundings, Li was hit by the lack of fresh air and his head ____ ached ______.
After the journey (1)
showed Arriving home Li was ______ into a large bright, clean green wall, a room with a _____ brown _____ floor and soft ___ lighting.
Exhausted he slid into bed _________, fell fast ______. and ___ asleep
Para1. Before the journey Li Qiang ① Who Wang Ping future ⑥
② When Nov. 15, 3008
take ③ up the prize Whywon last year
⑤ green How
④ What “time lag”
In ______________: the time capsule comfortable ◆ The seats were ___________ and we a calming drink slept after ______________ ◆ The capsule began swinging gently sideways _________as we lay relaxed and dreaming.
seats in the capsule
1. How did I feel as soon as I was transported
to the future?
I was hit by the lack of fresh air and his
2. How did Wang Ping solve this problem?
Wang Ping gave him a mask and hurried
me through to a small room nearby
for a rest.
3. What do you think has caused this
kind of problem? Now we are causing more and more pollution to the nature, this will cause serious problems to the life in the future. This may be the cause of the lack of fresh air in the future.
In the hovering carriage: ◆It is driven by computer. bendingand ________down pressing ◆By _______ in our swiftly seat, you can move ________. ◆I _____________ lost sight of Qang Ping when we reached what looked like a large market because of too many carriages in all directions flying by _____________ .
lack of fresh air/the air is thin
people fly by in all directions
You can drive it swiftly by bending and pressing down on the driving stick 驾 驶操纵杆strongly.
1. What did Wang Ping’s house look like? 2. What was the green wall made of? What’s the purpose of building this kind of green wall?
1. What did Wang Ping’s house look like? His house is a large bright, clean room. It had a green wall, a brown floor and soft lighting.
2. What was the green wall made of? What’s the purpose of building this kind of green wall? The green wall was made of trees. The leaves of the trees will provide much-
needed oxygen to the house.
◆It is a large bright clean room. greenwall, a brown floor and soft ◆It had a _____ lighting. trees ◆The wall moved — it was made of _____! Their leaves provided the room with muchoxygen needed ______. ◆A table and some chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic. Then Wang _____________ Ping flashed ______ a switch on a computer screen.
Put the statements into correct order
A. We were transported into the future by a comfortable time capsule. B. I arrived at Wang Ping’s home and everything in his house made me surprised. C. I won a travel to the year AD 3005. D. I have my first try to master a hovering carriage.
I. Retell the text by filling in the following blanks. Li Qiang felt ________ worried and _________ unsettled at first. As a result, he suffered from time lag Li Qiang was transported safely _______. into the future in a ____________. time capsule thin Li Qiang was hit The air seemed ____. fresh air and his head by a lack of ________ ____ ached.
Wang Ping gave Li Qiang a ______ mask to put on. Arriving at Wang Ping’s home, Li Qiang was shown into a large bright, green wall, a ______ brown clean room with a ______ floor and soft lighting. __________, Exhausted he slid into bed and fell ____ fast asleep.
Judge whether the following statements are true or false
1.In the year AD 3008,the air in private houses was poor quality. 2.Hovering carriages were a fast means of transport,and people could fly in them in every direction. 3.Li Qiang arrived in a busy town where he got lost.
4.This text is an introduction both to the more advanced forms of transport in AD 3008 but also to the advantages and problems of life in the future.
2. What do you think of Li Qiang’s trip to the year AD 3008?
B. Very exciting.
C. Very easy. D. Very cheap.
3. What can we infer from the text?
A. Li Qiang felt a bit uncomfortable at first.
B. While traveling, there was no one else besides Li Qiang and Wang Ping. C. It was the first time travel trip for Li Qiang and Wang Ping.
D. Li Qiang regretted having traveled to the year AD 3008.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the text? A. Wang Ping suffered from “jet lag” when he traveled to the year AD 3008. B. Wang Ping was Li Qiang’s friend and guide. C. Li Qiang lost sight of Wang Ping because there were so many carriages around him. D. Wang Ping was very hospitable. (好客的)
5. Please choose another title for the text.
A. Visiting Wang Ping’s house. B. Traveling to the future. C. Company of “Future Tours”. D. Feeling in the Time Travel Trip.
Did you do anything bad for the environment in your daily life?
What should you do to make our world more beautiful ?
Useful expressions 1.handkerchief 手帕 2.plastic bag 塑料袋 3.recycle 再利用 4.solar energy 太阳能 5.chewing gum 口香糖 6.battery 电池 7.one-off chopsticks 方便筷
1.Using the handkerchief instead of the paper napkin.
2.Using paper bags instead of plastic bags.
3. Don’t use one-off chopsticks. 4. Go to work/school on foot or by bike not by car.
5. Throw cans, bottles, paper and plastic into the dustbin. ……..
1.背诵 aspect—stewardess 2. 作业本 Ｐ26 Ⅱ