Vocabulary Passage 1 Passage 2 Detailed understanding
Language points Excises
The man is anxious about his health.
Feng Kun is captain of the national volleyball team.
Yao Ming was injured.
His foot gave him a lot of pain. His foot was still painful.
We eyed them heading forward.
Read Zhou Kai (1) and answer the
questions. 1. Why is Zhou Kai’s mother anxious?
He is going out to play football in
the rain without a jacket on.
2. What does she think will happen? She thinks he will get a bad cold. 3. What does she ask him to do?
She asks him to at least wear a
Work in groups to make a flow chart about how Zhou Kai caught
a cold .
go out in the rain
play football wet all over
heading When Zhou Kai’s mother saw him _______ towards the front door without a jacket on ______ __, she eyed him anxiously. She asked him ____ where he ____ going. Zhou Kai told his ___ was in mother he was going to play football __ the ___ park. And his mother said he would catch a _____ bad cold if he didn’t put his jacket __. In __ ___ on addition, it was raining. But Zhou Kai ___ wouldn’t listen at first ._____ his mother After advised him again and again, he did as he __ ___ told. was
Read Zhou Kai (2). Answer the questions. 1. How are passages 1 and 2 connected? 2. Does Zhou Kai have a healthy lifestyle, in your opinion? Write
three or four sentences saying why
or why not.
3. What do Zhou Kai’s family avoid eating? 4. Does Zhou Kai often gets colds or flu? 5. What happened to Zhou Kai a week ago?
6. What happened to him while playing football? 7. What does Zhou Kai describe himself as?
1.Zhou Kai’s family ______ . A. avoids eating too much fat or sugar
B eat a lot of vegetables ,fruit and meat
2. Zhou Kai _____
A. sometimes gets colds and flu
B. seldom gets colds or flu
3. A week ago , Zhou Kai ______ .
A. caught a cold B. injured his arm
4. Two years ago , Zhou Kai ____ while playing football . A. hurt his leg B. hurt his arm 5. Zhou Kai describes himself as ___ . A. crazy
B. someone who loves football
Fill in the blanks
Zhou Kai’s mother has always _________ made sure they eat very healthily Fish fruit and _______. vegetables are __ important part of their an ____. They live near ___ sea and have fish diet the about 4 times __ week. They avoid eating _____ a or too much fat ___ sugar. Zhou Kai doesn’t have a sweet tooth He’s not too heavy. So ___________. anything he never has to ____. or ________ like that. ___ diet
Rarely does he get colds, but he had a bad ______
cold and a bit of a fever last week. That was ____________
so _______ ___ because he was __ stupid that he played taking football in the rain. He likes ______ a lot of __
_______ __________ exercise He is crazy about football and he is not only on the Senior High team but also __ ______ captain of the class team. 2 years ago , he playing broke his arm ______ football. The injury was quite _______. He hated that. _____ painful
Read the two passages again and answer the questions. 1. How are passages 1 and 2 connected? They are connected because they both talk about the way Zhou Kai’s mother looks after him. They both mention the time he got ill through playing football in the rain.
2. Does Zhou Kai have a healthy lifestyle, in your opinion? Write three or four sentences saying why or why not. Yes. He has lots of fruit and vegetables. He has fish, but not fatty meat or sugar and sweets. He also exercises
3. What do Zhou Kai’s family avoid
They avoid eating too much fat or
sugar. 4. Does Zhou Kai often gets colds or flu? No. He seldom gets colds or flu.
5. What happened to Zhou Kai a week ago? He caught a cold.
6. What happened to him while playing
He hurt his arm.
7. What does Zhou Kai describe himself as? He describes himself as someone who is crazy about football.
Zhou Kai’s healthy lifestyle Healthy eating habits The important parts of his diet: 1. fresh fruit and 2. vegetables _________ ________ Something to eat regularly: fish — he eats it about 3. __________ a week four times
Something he dislikes: fat and 4. sugar ____
Zhou Kai’s healthy lifestyle
Healthy He takes so much 5. _______ exercise exercise that he is very 6. ____. fit habits His favourite sport is 7. football ______
— he is 8. _______ of the class captain
team and a(n) 9. _______ of the member
Senior High team.
Zhou Kai’s Kai is in healthy good lifestyle health.
He rarely gets cold or flu. He isn’t too heavy and never has to 10. ____. diet
eating habits Healthy exercise habits Zhou Kai is in good health.
True (T) or False (F). 1. Seeing Zhou Kai going out without wearing a jacket, Zhou Kai’s mother didn’t seem worried. 2. Zhou Kai took his mother’s advice that he should wear a jacket to go out. 3. Zhou Kai’s mother offered her family a balanced diet. 4. Zhou Kai has never been injured when playing football.
1. When Zhou Kai’s mother saw him heading towards the front door without a jacket on, she eyed him anxiously.
名词活用作动词, “注视” v. 朝……方向前进
1).The ship is heading (to the ) north for Tianjin. 2).When I saw him in the street, he was heading home. 3). After work, he headed straight for the bookshop.
After work, he headed straight in
the direction of the bookshop.
adv. 焦急地 adj.不安的,渴望的 n.焦虑, 不安
1). be anxious about /for… 为……担忧 2). be anxious to do sth.
3). feel anxiety about … 为……担忧
Mother is anxious about /for your safety. Mother felt anxiety about your safety.
2). 他急于想去车站接他的朋友。 He is anxious to go to the station to meet his friend. 3). 他正焦急地等着我们。 He is waiting for us with anxiety / anxiously.
2. I don’t have a sweet tooth.
I don’t like to eat sweet food.
have a sweet tooth
3. You can at least go and get your jacket. at least最少，至少 The house still needed a lot of work, but _____ the kitchen was finished. A. instead B. altogether C. at once D. at least
选D。句意为“尽管这所房子仍然需要大 量的工作才能建完，但至少厨房已经竣 工了。” at least至少，符合句意。 instead代替；altogether总共；at once马 上，立刻。
4. Two years ago, I broke my arm playing football.
现在分词短语作伴随状语 相当于: When /while I was playing football.
完成句子: 1). The man slipped and fell ____________________ getting off the bus (下公共汽车时).
2). ______________________ (看报 Reading my newspaper
时), I heard the door bell ring.
3). ______________________ (下山 Coming down the hill
时), he met Tom on the way.
5. I’m crazy about football. crazy adj.疯狂的, 古怪的; 狂热的,着迷的
be crazy for sth. 渴望某物 be crazy about sth.迷恋某物,沉迷于……中
be crazy for sb.迷恋某人 go crazy 发疯
I. 用适当的介词填空。 1. I don’t like sweet coffee; I like coffee _______ without sugar in it. 2. —What does this strange animal feed __? on —I don’t know exactly. I saw several children feeding bread to it. __
3. Some lessons, like cookery and art, are ___
not considered as important __ maths. as
4. She is described as bright, diligent and __
5. I’ve a bit of headache. I want to have a __
rest for a while.
6. You’d better make sure __ where of the money is going.
II. 根据括号内所给汉语提示完成下列 句子，每空一词。 1. If eating garlic (大蒜) every day, you’ll ____ ___ doctor _____ (使医 keep the _____ away 生远离).
2. I ____ _ _____ tooth (喜爱甜食), have a sweet _____
especially chocolate and cheese.
3. I’ve become more and more
____ about playing basketball crazy _____ ______ _________ (迷恋打 篮球). 4. If you’re anxious / ____________ (担心) _______ worried about his progress, do discuss it with one of his teachers.
5. He forms the good habit of taking _____
__ least three ______ exercise (锻炼至少 at ____ ____ hours’ _______ 三小时) every day. 6. Our homework is to ________ the translate __
___ into ______ text ____English (把这篇课文翻译成英 语). 7. We would _____ (宁愿) go on with the _____ rather experiment than give _ __ (也不愿放弃它). ____ ___ it up
8. Your cough __ connected____ (与…… is ________ with 有关) your bathing in cool water. 9. I have spent too much (太多) energy on ___ ____ the physics problem, but it is really _____ ___ difficult(太难) for me. much too ______ 10. Have you been __ __diet (节食)? on a ___ You’ve lost a lot of weight.
III. 根据括号内的提示将下列各句翻译 成英语。 1. 这个年轻人非常健康，很少患感冒 或是流感之类的病。(fit) The young man is so fit that he seldom catches colds or flu, or anything like that.
2. 仔细观察，然后你必须照我做的去做 所有事情。（as） Watch carefully, and then you must do everything as I do. 3. 我妹妹不再是过去的她了。（what） My younger sister isn’t what she used to be any longer.
4. 动动脑筋，你就会找到问题的 答案。(and) Use your head and you will find the answer to the question.