单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 辨析 1. ignore / neglect / overlook 2. cheat / fool 3. calm / quiet / silent / still 4. join / join in / take part in / attend 1. ignore v
t. 忽视 2. dusk n. 黄昏; 傍晚 3. add v. 添加; 增加 ignorance n. 无知 dusky adj.昏暗的; 黑暗的 addition n. 加, 附加 additional adj. 添加的;附加的 ignorant adj.无知的
词形 变化 词 汇 部 分
1. upset adj. 心烦意乱的，不安的；不适的 vt. (upset, upset) 2. concern v. 担忧; 涉及; 关系到 n. 担心，关注； （利害）关系 3. settle vt. 安家； 定居；停留 vt. 使定居，安家；解决 4. suffer vt.& vi.遭受；忍受；经历 5. disagree vt. 不同意 1. add up 合计 2. go through 经历；经受 3. on purpose 故意 4. get along with 与某人相处；(工作的) 进展 5. in order to 为了…… 1. Mother asked her if / whether she was very hot with so many clothes on. 2. I don’t set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do … 3. … it was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face. 直接引语和间接引语 （见语法部分）
语言要点(模块) Ⅰ.词语辨析 (旨在提供完形填空所需材料) 1. ignore / neglect / overlook 【解释】 ignore 通常指有意不顾，或不理会显而易见的事物。 neglect 侧重指有意的忽略或忽视，也可指粗心与疏忽。 overlook 指因匆忙而疏忽或视而不见。 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1 We could not afford to _________ such a serious offence. ○ 2). He utterly ________ my warnings and met with an accident. 3). Don’t ________ paying him a visit now and then. 答案: 1). overlooked 2). ignored 3). neglect 2. cheat / fool 【解释】 cheat 主要指盈利的买卖中或游戏竞赛中欺骗人，骗取人的钱等。 fool ―愚弄‖，指利用人缺乏常识，心理脆弱来欺骗人。 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). You may get _________ in that shop. 2). He can’t __________ her. She sees through him every time. 答案: 1). cheated 2). fool
3. calm / quiet / silent / still 【解释】 calm 天气、水、水面（表风平浪静） ； （指人时）表示镇定自如。 quiet 表―宁静‖、―安静‖、―寂静‖，侧重没有响声，没有噪音和没有动静。指人时侧重性格温和，文 静。 silent 表―沉默‖、―不发言‖、―不说话‖，常常表示人不爱说话，沉默无语。 still ―不动的‖，指人时侧重一动不动， ；指物时指完全没有声音，突出静止不动。 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Please stand __________ while I take your photo. 2). Why do you keep __________? 3). Everything was ___________. 4). He remained ___________ in the face of the enemy. 答案: 1). still 2). silent 3). quiet 4). calm 4. join / join in / take part in / attend 【解释】 join 表示参加组织、党派、团体、军队、俱乐部等 join in 表示参加游戏、活动等；join sb. (in sth.) 表（和某人一起）做某事 take part in 表示参与、参加讨论、游行、比赛、战斗、斗争、运动、庆祝等 attend 主要指出席、参加会议、婚礼；听讲座、课、报告、音乐会等；上学、教堂 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Can I ___________ the game? 2). Did you ____________ the fighting? 3). He __________ the army last year. 4). A lot of people __________ her wedding. 答案: 1). join in 2). take part in 3). joined 4）attended Ⅱ.词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. ignore vt. 忽视 2. dusk n. 黄昏; 傍晚 3. add v. 添加; 增加 ignorance n. 无知 dusky. adj.昏暗的; 黑暗的 addition n. 加, 附加 additional adj. 添加的;附加的 ignorant adj.无知的
【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) I can't __________ his rudeness any longer. (ignore) 2) To say you were ________ of the rules is no excuse. ( ignore) 3） We are in complete ___________ of your plans. (ignore) 4） There is ____________ light inside the cave. (dusk) 5） The street lights come on at ____________ and go off at dawn. (dusk ) 6） Many words have been ____________ to this edition of the dictionary. (add) 7) They've just had an ____________ to the family. (add) 8) There are _____________ charges. (add) 答案: 1) ignore 2)ignorant 3) ignorance 4) dusky 5) dusk 6) added 7) addition 8) additional
Ⅲ.重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. upset adj. 心烦意乱的，不安的；不适的 vt. (upset, upset)
[典例] 1). Our arrangements for the weekend were upset by her visit. 她一来把我们周末的安排给打乱了。 2). Don't upset yourself -- no harm has been done. 不要难过--并没有造成伤害。 3). He was horribly upset over her illness. 他为她的病而忧心忡忡。 4). The students really upset her. 学生们着实让她烦恼。 [重点用法] be upset by… 被…… 打乱 upset oneself about sth 为某事烦恼 [练习] 用 upset 的适当形式填空 1). Is it ______ you, dear? 2). She felt rather ______ on hearing the news. 3). Is it an ______ message? 4). Don’t be ______. It will be OK. 答案: 1). upsetting 2). upset 3). upsetting 4).upset 2. concern v. 担忧; 涉及; 关系到 n. 担心，关注； （利害）关系 [典例] 1). The news concerns your brother. 这消息与你兄弟有关。 2). The boy's poor health concerned his parents. 那男孩健康状况不佳,使他的父母亲忧虑。 3). That's no concern of mine. 那不关我的事。 [重点用法] as / so far as … be concerned 关于；至于；就……而言 be concerned about 关心 be concerned at / over sth. 为某事忧虑 be concerned in sth. 牵涉到，与……有关，参与 [练习] 用 concern 的适当形式填空 1). There is an article that _______ the rise of the prices. 2). The children are rather _____ about their mother’s health. 3). Officials should ______ themselves _______ public affairs. 答案: 1). concerns 2). concerned 3). concern … with 3. settle vt. 安家；定居；停留 vt. 使定居，安家；解决 [典例] 1). He settled his child in a corner of the compartment. 他把孩子安顿在车厢的一个角落里。 2). The family has settled in Canada. 这家人已定居加拿大。 3). Both wanted to settle their scores. 双方都愿意捐弃前嫌。 [重点用法] settle down 镇定下来 settle in 在…定居 [练习] 中译英 1). 都十一点了，她安不下心来工作。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 题目这么难，谁能解决？ __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). It’s eleven o’clock now, but she cannot settle to work. 2). Since it is so difficult, who can settle this problem?
4. suffer vt.& vi.遭受；忍受；经历 [典例] 1). Do you suffer from headaches? 你常头痛吗? 2). She's suffering from loss of memory. 她患有遗忘症。 [重点用法] suffer from/with/for sth 感到疼痛﹑ 不适﹑ 悲伤等; 受苦; 吃苦头: [练习] 中译英 1).我们在金融危机中损失惨重。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2).他的脚痛得不得了。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). We suffered huge losses in the financial crisis. 2). He suffers terribly with his feet. 5. disagree vt. 不同意 [典例] 1). Even friends sometimes disagree with each other. 即便是朋友也有时意见不一。 2). We disagreed on future plans. 我们对未来的计划产生了分歧。 [重点用法] disagree with sb/what sb says/sb's decision 不同意某人的观点[某人的话/某人的决定] [练习] 中译英 1). 罗马的报道与米兰的不符。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 他不同意让我早些回家。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Key: 1). The reports from Rome disagree with those from Milan. 2). He disagreed to let me go home early. Ⅳ.重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. add up 加起来 [典例] 1). Add up your scores and see how many points you can get. 把你的得分加起来，看看你能得几分。 2). Tom, what do ten, twenty and five add up to? 汤姆，10，20 和 5 加起来是多少？ [短语归纳] add (…) to …. （把什么）加入…中 add up to … 加起来是 [练习] 用 add 的适当形式或构成的词组填空 1). Will you _____ some more students to this project? 2). Small numbers _____ a large one. 3). 50 _______ 50 equals 100. 答案: 1). add 2). add up to 3). added 2. go through 经历；经受 [典例] 1). The country has gone through too many wars. 这个国家经历了太多的战争。
2). She's been through a bad patch recently. 她最近经历了一段困难时期。 [短语归纳] go after 追求，追赶 go ahead 前进；请说（做）吧 go by 走过， （时间）过去 go along with 向前， （与……）一起去 go in for 爱好，从事 go out 外出； （灯，火）熄灭 go over 越过；复习 go up 爬上， （价格等）上升 [练习] 用 go 构成的词组填空 1). It is wise not to ____ with this plan. 2). Prices ______ a little now. People are happy. 3). Anyway, don’t always_______ at night by yourself. 4). I am tired. I want to _____ now. 答案: 1). go on with 2). go up 3). go home 4). go to bed 3.on purpose 故意，有目的地 [典例] The boy broke Jack’s window on purpose. He wanted to frighten Jack. 那男孩是故意打破杰克的窗玻璃的，他想吓一下杰克。 [短语归纳] do sth. on purpose: 故意做某事 on purpose 表示故意地、有企图、有目的地 [练习]用 purpose 的相关词汇填空 1). He didn’t do it ______. 2). What was your ____ ? 答案: 1). on purpose 2). purpose 4. get along with 与某人相处；(工作的) 进展 [典例] 1). He is not easy-going. It’s very hard to get along with him 他不是个随和的人，很难相处。 2). How are you getting along with your work? 工作进展如何？ [短语归纳] get along/on well/ nicely/ badly with 与……相处得好/不好，……进展顺利/不顺利 get away 离开，逃离 get down 下来；写下，取下 get down to (doing)开始认真干…… get over 克服，摆脱 get through 通过，做完 get together 聚集 [练习] 中译英 1). 你现在和同事相处得好不好? __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 她已重新获得从前那份工作。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). Are you getting along well with your colleagues? 2). She's got her old job back. 6. in order to… 为了……（可置于句首或句中） [典例] 1). She arrived early in order to get a good seat. 她到得很早, 图的是得个好座位。 2). I agreed to her suggestion in order not to upset her. 我同意她的建议是为了不让她伤心。
[短语归纳] in order that… 以便……（后跟句子） so that…以便……（后跟句子） so as to 为了……（只能置于句中，不能置于句首） [练习] 中译英 1． 他早早动身好按时到达。 2． 她拼命干以便能到 6 点时把一切都准备好。 答案: 1．He left early in order to/so as to/in order that/so that he should/would/might arrive on time. 2. In order to get everything ready by 6 o'clock, she worked hard. Ⅴ.重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. Mom asked her if (whether) she was very hot with so many clothes on. 妈妈问她穿那么多衣服是不是很热。 [解释] with 复合结构： with + 宾语+ v. –ing / v. –ed / to do / adj. / adv. / prep. phrases 由―介词 with+宾语+宾语补足语‖ 构成的复合结构在句中通常作为状语，表示背景情况，为方式，原因或条件等，另外， 该结构也可以作为定语使用。下面简述几种情况： 1) 如果在该结构中的分词表示的动作是由前面的名词或代词发出的，构成主谓关系，该分词用现在分词形式。 2) 如果分词表示的动作与前面的名词或代词构成动宾关系，该分词用过去分词形式。 3) 宾语补足语也可以使用介词短语，形容词或副词来充当。 [典例] 1.with + 宾语 + 副词，如： The square looks more beautiful with all the lights on (= while all the lights are on). With his parents away (= As his parents are away), Tom becomes more naughty. 2.with + 宾语 + 介词短语，如： The teacher came in with a book in his hand (= while a book was in his hand). The girl looked up with tears in her eyes (= while tears were in her eyes). 3.with + 宾语 + 现在分词，如： With summer corning (= As summer is corning), the weather is becoming hotter and hotter. With the teacher standing beside (= As the teacher was standing beside)，she felt a bit uneasy. 4.with + 宾语 + 过去分词，如： With the work done (= As the work had been done), she felt greatly relieved. With his hair cut (= As his hair has been cut), he looks much younger. 5.with + 宾语 + 不定式，如： With her to go with us (= As she will go with us), we're sure to have a pleasant journey. With Mr Smith to teach them English next term （= As Mr Smith will teach them English) , they will be greatly improved in spoken English. [练习] 中译英： 1. 那房子昨晚发生火灾，结果里面的东西都烧光了。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2. 下学期史密斯先生教他们英语，他们的口语会大有提高。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 3. 随着冬天的到来，天气越来越冷。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案：1. The house caught a big fire last night , with nothing left in it. 2. With Mr Smith to teach them English next term , they will be greatly improved in spoken English. 3. With winter corning, the weather is becoming colder and colder.
2. I don’t set down a series of facts in a diary as most people do … 我不愿意像大多数人那样在日记中记流水帐…… [解释] as 引导的从句为比较状语从句，意为―像大多数人那么做‖。 as 用作连词，可引导下列状语从句： 1). 引导状语从句，强调主句谓语动词与从句谓语的同时性 As he grew older he lost interest in everything except gardening. 随着他年纪越来越大，他失去了对所有事物的兴趣，除了园艺。 2). 引导让步状语从句，表示―尽管，虽然，即使‖（从句需倒装） Cold as it is, my brother wears only a shirt. 尽管天气冷，我哥只穿了一件衬衫。 3). 引导方式状语从句，表示―以……方式‖。 Why didn’t you take the medicine as I told you to? 为什么你没有按我说的服这药？ 4). 引导原因状语从句 (=since; because)，―由于，因为‖。 As you were not there, I left a message. 因为当时你不在那，所以我给你留了便条。 5) 引导比较状语从句。 She is as tall as you. 她和你一样高。 [练习] 中译英 1. 随着年龄的增长我越来越对科学感兴趣。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2. 由于雨下得很大，你最好穿上雨衣。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 3. 他学习很努力，但考试还是没及格。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案： 1. As l get older l get more interested in science． 2. As it is raining hard，you'd better put on your raincoat． 3. Hard as he worked，he failed in the exam． 3. It is/was the…time that… ……第几次…… [解释] that 从句中的谓语动词一般用完成时态。 1). It is the first time that he has heard this song. [练习] 中译英 1. 这是他第二次来中国。 2．这是我第一次举办画展。 —————————————————————————————————————————————— 答案： 1. It is the second time that he has come to China. 2. It was the first time that I had held an art exhibition. 课文要点(模块) Ⅰ.课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： Anne Frank is a 1 （犹太的）girl who lived in Netherlands during the World War II. Her family had to 2 or they would be caught by the 3 （德国的)Nazis. During the time in the 4 （隐匿的）place, Anne set down a 5 （系列）of facts in a diary . Anne made her diary her best friend 6 she could tell everything to and in the diary she showed us 7 she 8 （经历）during the war. 答案：1. Jewish 2. hide 3. German 4. hiding 5. series 6. whom 7. what 8. went through/
experienced Ⅱ.课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 来个单词概括课文大意或翻译下面短文。 安妮，一个整日躲在家中的犹太女孩，在二战期间坚持写日记。她把日记作为最好的朋友；在日记中她实现了过上 正常的生活的渴望。 The story is about Anne_______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案： Anne , a Jewish girl hiding at home all day round, kept a diary during the World War II . She regarded the diary as her best friend, and in it she revealed her desire for a normal life. Ⅲ.课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和写作能力） 1. 【原句】 I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的缘故，我变得对一切与大自然有关的事情都无比狂热。 [模仿要点] 句子结构： wonder ＋if 表语从句 ＋ so …that 从句 【模仿 1】我不知道是否因为我的卤莽使得史密夫先生对我这么生气。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：I wondered if it was because I was so rude that Mr Smith was so angry with me. 【模仿 2】他在想是否因为她的朋友对她很关心所以她的心情才平复下来。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：He wonders whether it is because her friends are so concerned about her that she has calmed herself down. 2． 【原句】I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound. (定语从句) 我记得非常清楚，以前，湛蓝的天空，鸟儿的歌唱，月光和鲜花，从未令我 心迷神往过。自从我来到这里，这一切都变了。 [模仿要点] 句子结构： It is/was a time when …There is /was a time when…This/That is/was a time when… 【模仿 1】我还记得这对他来说是一个艰难的时期，他遭受到了身心的打击。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：I can well remember it was a hard time when he suffered a lot physically and mentally. 【模仿 2】在中国历史上,曾经有过一段时期中国鼓励与世界其他国家进行贸易。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：In Chinese history, there was a time when China encouraged trade with the rest of the world. 3. 【原句】It was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face. 这是我一年半以来第一次目睹夜晚。 [模仿要点] 句子结构： It is/was the first (second…) time that sb + 现在完成时/过去完成时：这是某人第几次做某事 【模仿 1】这是我们第一次面对面地谈论到这件事情。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：It is the first time that we have talked about this issue face to face. 【模仿 2】这是他第二次参与怎样解决这个问题的讨论。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 答案：It was the second time that he had joined in the discussion about how to do with the problem. 单元自测 （模块） 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 1—10 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 字数：215 完成时间： 15 分钟 难度：***
The recent milk crisis around the country has seen liquid milk sold by three leading companies contaminated (污染) with melamine (三聚氰胺). Melamine is a chemical that is usually used to make plastics, but is 1 in the food industry. It was put in the milk to make milk appear rich in protein in 2 tests. Tests of last Thursday showed that products from 22 of the 109 milk food firms have 3 the quality tests of the General administration of Quality supervision, Inspection and Quarantine ( 国家质检总局). 24 of the 1,202 batches 批次 of liquid milk were contaminated. Besides Hebeibased Sanlu Group, the firms whose products are contaminated include such 4 giants as the Yili and Mengniu groups. All the bad milk will be 5 and destroyed. However, scientists were quoted as saying the contamination level in liquid milk did not pose a big threat to people's 6 . Even milk with the highest concentration of melamine is 7 for a 60-kilogram or heavier adult if he or she drinks up to 2 liters a day. The administration has ordered a thorough investigation into all the firms with 8 and said quality control officers would be sent to all 1,500 dairy farms in the country to carry out 9 . So next time you buy milk, take a look at its 10 name. 1. A. banned B. encouraged C. added D. admitted 2. A. quantity B. quality C. blood D. industry 3. A. passed B. refused C. stood D. failed 4. A. sports B. jewellery C. dairy D. medicine 5. A. recalled B. transformed C. reevaluated D. replaced 6. A. sight B. brain C. health D. intelligence 7. A. helpful B. harmful C. safe D. normal 8. A. crimes B. conclusions C. possibilities D. problems 9. A. plans B. inspections C. promises D. orders 10. A. brand B. pattern C. label D. edition 答案 1. A 据下文―被三聚氰胺污染的牛奶在质量检查中是不合格的‖可知三聚氰胺是禁止在食物中使用的。 2. B 显然这里是指质量检查。 3. D 据上下文及意境可知，这些奶制品在未能通过质检。 4. C 伊利、蒙牛公司是制奶业界的巨头。 5. A 所有问题牛奶将被回收（recall）和销毁。 6. C 这里是整体而言，对人们的健康不会构成威胁，而不是对人体的某个部位。 7. C 既然对人们的健康不会构成威胁，那就是安全了。 8. D 要检查的当然是有问题的牛奶了。 9. B 派出官员对牛奶场进行检查(inspections)。 10. A 下次买牛奶时,记得看一下所购买的品牌(brand)。 2. 语法填空 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正 确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 1-10 的相应位置上。 词数：165 完成时间：9 分钟 难度：** Liu Xiang was the first Asian 1 (win) the men’s 110m hurdles at the Olympics in Athens. 2 that he became an idol to the young people. ―I never thought I would run under 13 seconds and break the Olympic 3 .‖ said Liu Xiang in tears, ―I am very excited. I’m proud not just for myself and for Chinese 4 for Asia. My race went 5 (wonderful) from start to finish.‖ Liu added. ―It is 6 amazing experience being the Olympic champion. I want to thank my coach and my friends for 7 their help. I think today we Chinese have showed the world we 8 run as fast as anybody else.‖
Since his return from Athens, Liu Xiang 9 (be) at the center of a media circus and he has been to many press appearances and meetings. But Liu thinks 2004 is just the beginning, and he expects to be at his peak in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Liu said, ―For some players, it’s just a job. For me, it’s 10 I love.‖ [答案] 本文主要介绍了著名运动员刘翔因夺得 110 米跨栏冠军而闻名于世。 1. to win 不定式做后置定语。 2. After 刘翔夺得 110 米跨栏冠军之后，成了年轻人的偶像。 3. record 他打破了记录。 4. but 固定结构。 5. wonderfully 修饰动词应用副词。 6. an 用于元音前。 7. all 他想感激他的教练和朋友们对他的帮助。 8. can 根据句意得知。 9. has been 从句中有 since，主语往往用完成时态。 10. what 表语从句的引导词，作 love 的宾语。 3. 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：287 完成时间： 7 分钟 难度：*** Americans are pound of their variety- and individuality, yet they love and respect few things more than a uniform. whether it is the uniform of an elevator operator or the uniform of a five-star general. Why are uniforms so popular in the United States? Among the arguments for uniforms, one of the first is that in the eyes of most people they look more professional than civilian (百姓的) clothes. People have become conditioned to expect superior quality from a man who wears a uniform. The television repairman who wears uniform tends to inspire more trust than one who appears in civilian clothes. Faith in the skill of a garage mechanic is increased by a uniform. What easier way is there for a nurse, a policeman, a barber, or a waiter to lose professional identity (身份) than to step out of uniform ? Uniforms also have many practical benefits. They save on other clothes. They save on laundry bills. They are taxdeductible ( 可减税的). They are often more comfortable and more durable than civilian clothes. Primary among the arguments against uniforms is their lack of variety and the consequent loss of individuality experienced by people who must wear them. Though there are many types of uniforms, the wearer of any particular type is generally stuck with it, without change, until retirement. When people look alike, they tend to think, speak, and act similarly, on the job at least. Uniforms also give rise to some practical problems. Though they are long-lasting, often their initial expense is greater than the cost of civilian clothes. Some uniforms are also expensive to maintain, requiring professional dry cleaning rather than the home laundering possible with many types of civilian clothes. 1. It is surprising that Americans who worship variety and individuality ___________. A. still judge a man by his clothes B. hold the uniform in such high regard C. enjoy having a professional identity D. will respect an elevator operator as much as a general in uniform 2. People are accustomed to thinking that a man in uniform ____________. A. suggests quality work B. discards his social identity C. appears to be more practical D. looks superior to a person in civilian clothes
3. The chief function of a uniform is to ___________. A. provide practical benefits to the wearer B. make the wearer catch the public eye C. inspire the wearer's confidence in himself D. provide the wearer with a professional identity 4. According to the passage, people wearing uniforms _____________. A. are usually helpful B. have little or no individual freedom C. tend to lose their individuality D. enjoy greater popularity 5. The best title for this passage would be ____________. A. Uniforms and Society B. The Importance of Wearing a Uniform C. Practical Benefits of Wearing a Uniform D. Advantages and Disadvantages of Uniforms 答案： 文章第一段提出制服在美国受欢迎的现象，第二段说了一个主要论点——制服的好处，第三段说的是实际 好处， 第四段说的是反对的论点——制服的缺点，第五段说的是实际问题： 1．答案是 B．第一段第一句 yet 转折后面就是答案：Hold． ． ．in regard 和 respect 是同义转换： 2．答案是久答案对应在第二段，People ． ． ．expect superior quality． ．.。认为穿制服的水平更高。D 错在混淆了 superior 的目标，不是人，而是 quality，所以不对： 3．答案是 D．在第二段最后，提到制服的主要功能是什么：A 是实际的好处，而不是主要功能。 4．答案是 C，在第四段。制服的一个主要缺点。 5．答案是 n 文章的主题是讨论了制服的优缺点。 4. 基础写作 你是李萍，请根据下列表格的提示，你用英语写一篇短文，介绍我国 2008 北京奥运冠军张怡宁的基本情况。 [写作内容] 姓 名 经 历 张怡宁 身高 出生年月 1.68 米 1982 年 10 月 5 日 体 重 出生地 52kg 北京
1. 6 岁开始学习乒乓球。 2. 1999 年的 45 届世乒赛显示非凡的实力，仅负于王楠，获得了亚军。 3. 2004 的雅典奥运会上夺取了金牌，并在浙江萧山召开的国际世乒赛上又战 胜了王楠，成为乒乓球领域的顶尖高手。 4. 2008 届北京奥运会的金牌得主。 [写作要求] 1．只能使用 5 个句子表达全部内容； 2．文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 ． [评分标准] 句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。 [写作向导] 1．时态：张怡宁过去参加比赛的经历应该用一般过去时，对她现在的评论应用一般现在时。 2．可用词汇与句型：the 2004 Athens O1ympic Games 2004 雅典奥运会，the 45th Table Tennis World Championships 45 届世乒赛，the gold medal 金牌。 ________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: I like to introduce a woman Pingpong player to you. Her name is Zhang Yining, who was born in Beijing and is 1.68 meters tall and weighs 52 kilos, and she began to play table tennis at the age of six. In 1999, she won the second at the 45 th Table Tennis World Championships, only lost to Wang Nan While in the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, she won the first. Moreover she won the women's singles at the ITTF World Cup in Xiaoshan, Jiejiang, where she beat Wang Nan. In fact, she has already become the top of the table tennis field. In the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, she beat Wang Nan again and got the gold medal.
English around the world
一、语言要点 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 1. voyage/journey/travel/trip/tour 词语 辨析 2. frequent/common/ordinary/general/regular 3. especially/ specially 4. a number of / the number of 1. actual adj. 实际的 2. base n. 基地；基础 3. east n. 东方 actually adv. 实际上；事实上 base v. 以……为根据 eastern adj. 东方的；东部的 basic adj. 基本的
词形 变化 词 汇 部 分
1. present n. 礼物 adj. 在场的；目前的 vt. 赠送 2. command n.& v. 命令；指令；掌握 3. request n.& v. 请求；要求 4. recognize vt. 辨认出；承认；公认 5. straight adj.笔直的；正直的 adv. 直接；挺直 6. block vt. 堵塞；阻碍 n. 街区；木块；石块 1. come up 走近；上来；提出 2. make use of 利用；使用 3. such as 例如；像这种的 4. play a part (in) 扮演一个角色；参与 5. because of 因为；由于 1. Why do you think people all over the world want to learn English? 2. 状语从句中的省略 直接引语和间接引语 （见语法部分） (旨在提供完形填空所需材料)
重点句子 重点语法 I 词语辨析
1. voyage/journey/travel/trip/tour 【解释】 voyage: 去国外或较远地方的海上旅行 journey: 指较远的从一地到另一地旅行 travel: trip: 一系列的旅程，尤指旅行的概念 (短途)旅行
tour: 为了公务、娱乐或教育参观多处名胜的旅行 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). It is tiring to take a long _______ by train from Paris to Moscow. 2). The _________ from England to Australia used to take several months. 3). We’ll have time for a ______ to France next weekend. 4). We went on a guided ______ round the castle. 答案: 1). journey 2). voyage 3). trip 4). tour 2. frequent/common/ordinary/general/regular 【解释】 frequent 经常的，时间或间歇很短的发生或出现 common 通常的、常发生的、广泛使用或众所周知的 ordinary 指种类普通且不能从其他中加以区别的，有时含贬义 general 一般性的，到处的；不限于领域、地区或应用 regular 平常的；惯例的；习惯性的、通常的或正常的 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). This is a ___________ problem. 2). He often makes ___________ errors of judgment. 3)．Look at the train’s ___________ schedule. 4)．The violinist gave a very ___________ performance marked by an occasional memory lapse. 5)．As a ____________ rule I am home by six. 答案: 1). common 2). frequent 3). regular 4). ordinary 5). general 3. especially/ specially 【解释】 especially 意思是―尤其，特别‖，表达事物的不寻常或特别重要 specially 指为了某一目的，专门做某事 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Our city is very beautiful, ___________ in spring. 我们城市很美丽，尤其在春天。 2). He came here ___________ to ask you for help. 他是专程来这里向你求助的。 答案: 1). especially 2). specially 4 a number of / the number of 【解释】 a number of 意思是―若干；许多‖ the number of 意思是―……的数目‖
【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Today ___________ people learning Chinese in the world is raising rapidly. 2). ____________ books in the market are in English. 答案: 1). the number of 2). A number of II 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. actual adj. 实际的 2. base n. 基地；基础 3. east n. 东方 actually adv. 实际上；事实上 base v. 以……为根据 eastern adj. 东方的；东部的 basic adj. 基本的
【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) What did he _________ say? (actual) 2) The __________ cost was much higher than we had expected. (actual) 3）My knowledge of physics is pretty _________. (base) 4）She used her family's history as a _________ for her novel. (base) 5）This novel is ________ on historical facts. (base) 6）He is interested in ________ customs. (determine) 7) The wind is blowing from the __________. (determine) 答案: 1) actually 2) actual 3) basic 4) base 5) based 6) eastern 7) east Ⅲ 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. present n. 礼物 adj. 在场的；目前的 vt. 赠送 [典例] 1). The mountain bike is a birthday present from my parents.这辆山地自行车是父母给我的生日礼物。 2). I am afraid I can’t help you at present. 恐怕现在我没法帮助你。 3). Were you present when the decision was announced? 宣布那项决定时你在场吗？ 4). In the present case, I advise you to wait. 按照目前的情况，我建议你等等。 5). May I present my new assistant to you? 请允许我向你介绍我的新助手。 [重点用法] make sb. a present of sth.将某物赠送给某人 at present/ at the present time 目前 be present at 出席 present-day attitudes/fashion 现在的态度/流行款式 present sb.with sth = present sth. to sb.把某物送给某人 [练习] 中译英 1). 所有（那些）在场者一眼就看出那个错误。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 这本书是哥哥赠送给我的。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). The mistake was obvious to all (those) present. 2). This book was a present from my brother. 2. command n.& v. 命令；指令；掌握 [典例] 1). The officer commanded his soldiers to fire. [重点用法]
command sb. to do sth 命令某人做某事 be under the command of 由…指挥,由…控制 be in command of 控制… be at one’s command 听任某人支配 have / take command of… 指挥… [特别提醒] command 后接 that 从句时要用虚拟语气 [练习] 用适当的介词填空 1). For the first time in years, she felt ______ command of her life. 2). The army is __________ the king’s direct command. 3). The police arrived and took command ________ the situation. 答案: 1). in 2). under 3). of 3. request n.& v. 请求；要求 [典例] 1). Your requests will be granted. 你的请求能够获准。. 2). I requested him to help. 我请求他帮忙。 [重点用法] at sb's request/at the request of sb 应某人之请求 by request (of sb) 应（某人的）请求; 经（某人之）要求: on request 一经要求: request sth (from/of sb)要求, （尤指）请求某人做某事: [练习] 中译英。 1). 我是（特别）应你要求而来。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 请不要吸烟。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). I came at your (special) request. 2). You are (kindly) requested not to smoke. 4. recognize vt. 辨认出；承认；公认 [典例] 1). I recognized her by her red hat. 我根据她的红色帽子认出了她。 2). Everyone recognized him to be the lawful heir/as the lawful heir. 大家都承认他为合法继承人。 [重点用法] recognize…by sth 认出或识别某人/某事物 recognize…as sth 承认某人/某事物是 recognize…to be 承认…是 [练习] 中译英 1). 人们都承认他是他们理所当然的领袖。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 我认出他是我朋友的哥哥。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). He is recognized to be their natural leader. 2). I recognized him as my friend’s brother.
5. straight adj.笔直的；正直的 adv. 直接；挺直 [典例] 1). This is a straight road. 这是一条直路。 2). She went straight from school to university. 她中学一毕业就马上进了大学。 [练习] 中译英 1).我的领带系得正不正? 2). 一直往前看。 答案: 1). Is my tie straight? 2). Look straight ahead. 6. block vt. 堵塞；阻碍 n. 街区；木块；石块 [典例] 1). He lives three blocks away from here. 他住的地方与此处相隔三条街. 2). A large crowd blocked the corridors and exits. 人群把走廊和出口都堵死了 [重点用法] a block of 一大块 block out 堵住 block off 封锁；封闭 block up 堵塞；阻碍 [练习] 中译英 1). 他们在绕楼群散步。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 大雪阻塞了所有通往苏格兰的道路。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). They are taking a walk round the block. 2). Heavy snow is blocking all roads into Scotland. Ⅳ重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. come up 走近；上来；提出 [典例] 1). The little by came up to the stranger and showed him how to get to the police station. 小男孩向陌生人走去，并告诉他去警察局的路。 2). We won’t forget the day when we watched the sun come up on top of the Tai Mountain. 我们不会忘记那天我们一块在泰山顶看日出。 3). It is certain that the question will come up at the meeting. 这个问题在会议上一定会被提出来的。 4). The snowdrops are just beginning to come up. 雪莲花刚刚开始长出地面。 5). I am afraid something urgent has come up. 恐怕发生了什么急事。 [短语归纳] come across 邂逅 come about 发生 come at 向…扑来,攻击 come from 来自 come out 出版;开花；结果是 come up with 想出 come round 绕道而来 come down 落下,塌下 [练习] 用 come 构成的词组填空。 1). The hunter walked across the forest when suddenly a bear _______ him. 2). The magazine __________ once a month.
3). I wish you can ___________ to England on your holiday. 4). The engineers has ______________ new ways of saving energy. 5). They ___________ an old school friend in the street this morning. 答案: 1). came at 2). comes out 3). come over 4). come up with
5). came across
2. make use of 利用；使用 [典例] 1). You ought to make good use of any opportunity to practise English. 你应该好好利用机会练习英语。 [短语归纳] make good use of 好好利用 make full use of 充分利用 make the best/most of 充分利用 [练习] 1). 要充分利用一切机会说英语。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 我们要很好地发挥她的才能。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). Make full use of every chance you have to speak English. 2). We will make good use of her talents. 3. such as 例如；像这种的 [典例] 1). Such poets as Keats and Shelley wrote Romantic poetry. 有些诗人, 如济慈和雪莱, 写的是浪漫主义的诗歌 2). Wild flowers such as orchids and primroses are becoming rare. 兰花和报春花之类的野花越来越少了 [练习] 用 such as 或 for example 填空 1). I like drinks __________ tea and soda. 2). The report is incomplete; it doesn’t include sales in France, ________. 答案: 1) such as 2). For example 4. play a part (in) 扮演一个角色；参与 [典例] 1). She plays an active part in local politics. 她积极参与地方政治活动。 2). She played a major part in the success of the scheme. 她对该计划的成功起了重要作用。 [短语归纳] take part (in sth)参加, 参与（某事物 the best part of sth（某事物的）绝大部分（尤指一段时间）: for the most part 整体上; 通常; 多半 for my part 就我来说 [练习] 中译英 1). 有多少国家要参加（世界杯赛）？ __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 对我来说, 到哪儿吃饭都无所谓。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). How many countries will be taking part (in the World Cup)?
2). For my part, I don't mind where we eat. 6. because of 因为；由于 [典例] 1). They are here because of us. 他们是因为我们来这里的。 [短语归纳] because of 是复合介词。 because 是从属连词，引导原因状语从句。 [练习] 中译英 1). 因为腿受伤了，他走得很慢。 2). 因为错过了公共汽车，我们只好步行回家。 ———————————————————————————————————————————————— 答案:1). He walked slowly because of his injured leg. / He walked slowly because his leg was injured. 2). We had to walk home because of missing the bus. / We had to walk because we missed the bus. V 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. Which country do you think has the most English learners? [解释]do you think/believe/expect/ find/know/suppose 作为插入语,放在特殊疑问词后，其它内容紧跟其后并用陈述语序。 What time do you expect we will come and pick you up？你希望我们几点来接你？ What do you suppose he will do after he hears about the good news？ 你认为他听到那个好消息后会做什么呢？ Why do you think their team could win the football match? 你认为他们队为什么能赢得那场足球赛呢？ 2. Today, more people speak English as their first, second or a foreign language than ever before. [解释] than ever before 常与比较级连用，意为―比以往任何时候更‖。如： The stars were shining brightly in the dark sky, and the night was more beautiful than ever before. 繁星点缀在夜空里，夜 晚比以往更美。 [练习] 中译英 1). 简看起来比以前漂亮多了。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 雨下得比以前更大。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案: 1). Jane looks much prettier than ever before. 2). It's raining harder than ever before. 课文要点（模块） 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： At the end of the 16th century, English was only spoken by people from England. They were native speakers. Today, the largest number of people 1 (speak) English may be in China. A lot of Chinese people speak English 2 their foreign language. 3 English language has changed quite a lot over the last four centuries. Old English sound more 4 less like German for it was 5 on German, but modern English sounds more like French than German 6 England was once ruled by the French.
Two people had great effects on the English changes. One was Shakespeare, who 7 (large) the English the other was Noah Webster, 9 wrote a dictionary 10 gave American English its own identity. 8 (词汇) ;
答案：1.speaking 2. as 3. The 4. or 5. based 6. because 7.enlarged 8.vocabulary 9. who 10. that/which 2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 来个单词概括课文大意或翻译下面短文。 这篇课文讲述了英语的发展史。 英语随着时间的流逝而发生了变化，全世界的人们都说英语。 The passages shows us _____________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案：The passages shows us a history of the development of English. English has changed over time and it is spoken all over the world. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和写作能力） 1.【原句】With your partner, list the countries that use English as an official language.和你的同学一起列出把英语作为官方 语言的国家。 [模仿要点] 句子结构 【模仿 1】请用这些词，造一个句子来描述你心中的想法。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：With these words, please make up a sentence that can describe what you feel in your mind. 【模仿 2】他用了各种色彩，画一幅画显示了他家乡的变化。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：With different colors, he painted a picture that showed the change of his hometown.. 2． 【原句】English is also spoken in Singapore and Malaysia and countries in Africa such as south Africa. 在新加坡，马来西 亚和非洲其他国家，比如南非，人们也说英语。 [模仿要点] 列举三者以上事物的表达 【模仿 1】下课后我喜欢去踢足球，打篮球和参加一些有趣的活动如唱歌跳舞 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：After class I like to play football and basketball and take part in some interesting activities such as dancing and singing. 【模仿 2】在英国旅游期间，我们参考了博物馆，城堡和一些名胜如一些公园和花园。 ____________________________________________________________________________ 答案：During the tour in the UK, we visited museums, castles and some places of interest such as some parks and gardens. 单元自测 （模块） 1 完形填空 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 字数：216 完成时间： 15 分钟 难度：****
For the past weeks, Seoul, the capital of the Republic of Korea (ROK), had been swept with anger. Tens of thousands of people 21 by candlelight with banners，saying "Mad cow drives us mad.‖About 1000,000 people filled the streets to 22 the government's beef import from the United States. Several countries had 23 imports from America following a case of mad cow disease in 2003. But in April the ROK's government agreed to continue the 24 . The protests soon grew into a 25 one against President Lee Myung-bak's polices on everything from democracy to 26 reform.
Last December when Lee won the election he was thought by people in the country as a(n) 27 leader who could save the ROK from 28 economic growth and cold ties with the United States. Since taking office, Lee opened doors for foreign companies, and reformed the teaching of English. He also became the first leader to be invited to the US presidential retreat of Camp David. The night before his visit, he agreed to lift the ban on American beef to show his eagerness to 29 ties. But this time, his people felt he had gone too far. "What he did was little different from an old Korean king offering tribute to a Chinese emperor,' said Kim Spooky, who joined the protest with her two children. "It's 30 . 21. A. fought B. marched C. celebrated D. sang 22. A. protect B. support C. protest D. defend 23. A. stopped B. continued C. restricted D. controlled 24. A. exportation B. production C. importation D. sale 25. A. fiercer B. broader C. narrower D. stronger 26. A. laws B. customs C. trade D. education 27. A. wise B. violent C. cruel D. aggressive 28. A. steady B. proper C. healthy D. low 29. A. destroy B. rebuild C. break D. value 30. A. persuasive B. controversial C. ashamed D. impressive 答案： 21. B。据语境及下文―1000,000 people filled the streets‖可知人们上节游行 22. C。据上文―Mad cow drives us mad‖可知人们对政府从美国进口牛肉表示抗议 23. A。据下文―following a case of mad cow disease‖可知几个国家早就停止了从美国进口牛肉 24. C。据关键词―But‖和―continue‖可知答案是 importation 25. B。据下文可知抗议的范围已从―反对政府从美国进口牛肉‖延伸到― 反对总统的各种政策，所以范围变宽了。 26. D。据下文―reform the teaching of English‖可只答案是―教育‖的改革 27. A。他既然赢得竞选，当初在人民心中的印象自然不差 28. D。据语境―save the ROK‖可知答案 29. B。据上文―save the ROK from cold ties with the United States.‖和―agreed to lift the ban on American beef‖可知李现在是 急于与美国重建关系 30. C。据段意见可知人们认为李这样做是令人感到羞耻的。 2 语法填空 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正 确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 31-40 的相应位置上。 字数：175 完成时间：9 分钟 难度：*** In order to know a foreign language thoroughly, four things are necessary. Firstly, we must understand the language when we hear 31 spoken. Secondly, we must be able to speak it ourselves correctly with confidence and without hesitation. 32 , we must be able to read the language, and fourthly, we must be able to write it. We must be able to make sentences that are grammatically correct. There is no easy way to success 33 language learning. 34 good memory is a great help, but it is not enough only 35 (memorize) rules from a grammar book. It is not much use learning by heart long lists of words and 36 meanings, studying the dictionary and so on. We must learn by using the language. 37 we are satisfied with only a few rules we have memorized, we are not really learning the language. ―Learn through use‖ is a good piece of 38 (advise) for those 39 are studying a new language. Practice is important. We must practise speaking and 40 (write) the language whenever we can. [答案] 本文主要讲述了学习英语的一些好的方法。
31. it 指代前面的 foreign language。 32. Thirdly 根据上下文得知这是第三点。 33. in 在语言学习方面没有容易取得成功的办法。 34. A 好的记忆力有助于学习，memory 为可数名词。 35. to memorize 不定式作真正主语。 36. their 指代前面的 words。 37. If 前后是条件关系。 38. advice 一条建议，此处应用名词。 39. who 引导定语从句，先行词是 those。 40. writing 练习做某事应用 practise doing sth。 Unit 2 book 3 No 1 p 19 3 阅读理解 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 词数：387 完成时间：7 分钟 难度：** One summer my friend and I decided to go to Italy for a holiday and we decided to travel there without going through a travel agency. You know, you would be submerged (淹没) in crowds of tourists and lose lots of opportunities to get familiar with the country more closely. We started to think over our trip and managed to come up with a free tour of Italy. The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again! Of course, we spent lots of time arranging the trip, but it was well worth it! Of course I was afraid that something would go wrong and I was especially anxious about my visa, but everything went quite smoothly in the end. The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation. In the Italian consulate(领事馆), one must hand in some official paper proving that one has a hotel booked for oneself in order to get the visa. Then we had to solve the ticket problem. Airlines often sell cheap tickets and we bought ours far in advance. The next step was to book a hotel. We finally booked a hotel about thirty km away from the heart of Rome and it was the perfect choice for our trip. Every day we took a train that carried us to the heart of Rome. Our big house, which was surrounded by the forest, was a rare girl for the fresh air and absolute silence, beautiful views, hospitable (好客的) hosts, comfortable living conditions delighted us to no end. Besides this, we were very lucky that our mistress was Russian. She gave us a lot of advice that was of great use. She told us what transport to choose and where the best places to go. Don’t be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself. It’s not difficult! The only thing I'll say right now is that we really enjoyed traveling by ourselves. We walked with a map and a guide-book to wherever we wanted and we even met some of our fellow countrymen on the way just two or three times. So, if you're also planning a "single" trip, don't forget to take a Russian-Italian phrasebook as people in Italy prefer to speak in their native tongue. 41. Why does the author want to go to Italy again? A. He had a great time there. B. Italy has a lot of attractions. C. His friend invited him there. D. He didn't stay in Italy long enough. 42. What does the author think was the hardest in preparing for his Italian trip? A. Buying cheap airline tickets to Italy before the traveling B. Getting a visa without an invitation from the Italian consulate. C. Booking a comfortable hotel on his own in Rome. D. Solving the ticket problem far in advance. 43. In the fourth paragraph the author mainly explains A. the reason why he chose to live in the center of Rome
B. the reason why the hotel he booked was the right choice C. what transport they chose to travel in their Italian trip D. the reason why the mistress gave them some advice 44. Which of the following questions has NOT been answered in the passage? A. Why did the author decide to go to Italy for a holiday for the first time? B. Why did the author decide not to follow a travel agency? C. How did the author prepare for his trip? D. What tools did the author use for his traveling? 45. From the text we can know the author A. enjoys traveling everywhere in the world B. likes being accompanied by tour guides C. advises us to arrange trips by ourselves D. met with a lot of his countrymen in Italy [答案] 本文是一篇游记，讲述了作者和他的朋友自己策划的意大利之行。文章介绍了旅游前的准备工作，如自己取得签证， 还有意大利的住宿条件，突出了自己策划意大利之游的优点以及感受。 41．A。 原因判断题。根据第二段 ―The trip was not very long but it was still very impressive. We look forward to going there again!‖结合第四段的内容以及最后一段中的―The only thing I’ll say right now is that we really enjoyed traveling by ourselves.‖可知，意大利之行他们玩得很尽兴，给他们留下了深刻的印象，所以想再去意大利，因 此选 A。 42．B。 细节理解题。根据第三段的第一句―The most difficult part was getting a visa without an invitation.‖可知，最难的 事情是在没有邀请函的情况下向意大利大使馆申请签证，因此选择 B。A、C、D 虽然文中都涉及到了，但是 都不符合题干。 43．B。 段落大意题。根据第四段对旅馆周围环境、交通情况以及该旅馆的好处的介绍，可知作者在第四段主要讲对 旅馆满意的原因。 44．A。 主旨大意题。文章第一段第二句讲述了他们不愿意随旅行社出游的原因，B 项提到了；文章第二、三两段讲 述作者怎么去准备他的出行的，所以Ｃ项提到了；根据最后一段的―We walked with a map and a guide-book to wherever we wanted…‖可知Ｄ项提到了。纵观全文，作者并没有提到他为什么去意大利旅游的原因。 45．C。 推理判断题。根据文章的主要内容，尤其是第一段说不想在旅游团的拥挤的人群中，也不想错过更多亲近意 大利的机会，以及最后一段的―Don’t be afraid to arrange your trip by yourself.‖可以推断出应该选择 C。其余选 项没有依据。 4 读写任务 阅读下面的短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 CCTV.com News: The rescue was still going on at the small town after the terrible earthquake in Wenchuan, Sichuan Province, West China. The rescue teamers made their efforts to rescue the victims buried in the ruins. They found four school kids were under a teacher's desk and the teacher placed himself to the side of the desk without boards, protecting his students from harm. When the firefighters tried to take the teacher's hands away, they failed.., the teacher held the desk terribly firmly. Everyone on the spot cried. The teacher would rather give his life to protect his school kids and give the living chances to them. Everyone has the right to live, but the teacher chose to give the living chances to his lovely students. [写作内容] 你的英语老师在上英语写作课时，要求同学们根据老师提供的英语新闻报道，谈谈对四川汶川地震的一些人与事 的感想。请你以―Greatest Love is Unselfish‖为题，准备一篇发言稿，内容包括以下内容： 1．以约 30 个词概括这篇新闻报道； 2．以约 120 个词，请就―大爱无私‖的话题写一篇英语短文，表达你内心的感受，并包括如下要点： 1)你看完这个故事后，你如何评价这位老师的无私行为；为什么?
2)你的感想。 [写作要求] 1．作文中可使用自己的亲身经历或虚构的故事，也可以参照阅读材料的内容但不得直接引用原文中的句子；标题 自定。 2．作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准]概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，篇章连贯。 [写作辅导] 1． 写作有可能用到的主要短语和单词： 自然灾害 natural disasters， 保护 protect／protection， 奉献某 A 的生命 devote one' s life to doing sth,努力做某事 make one' s efforts to do sth，救某生命 save one ' s life. 2．本文的概要必须包含以下要点：The rescue teamers made their efforts to rescue the victims buried in the ruins. They found four school kids were under a teacher's desk and the teacher placed himself to the side of the desk without boards, protecting his students from harm. / but the teacher chose to give the living chances to his lovely students. 3．本文要注意，概要一定要根据文段的时态来写。同时，绝对不能抄袭原文的句子。文章是讨论你看完这个故事 后，你如何评价这位老师的无私行为以及你的想法，属于是评论性文字和结论性的观点，故用一般现在时或一般将来 时态。 ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ [答案] Greatest Love is Unselfish During Wenchuan Earthquake in Sichuan Province, a rescue team found a teacher, dead for hours, and four school kids, safe with the protection of the teacher. And the teacher's greatest love gave everyone a great shock. A very ordinary teacher would rather give his life to save and protect his students, for he knew that he was a teacher and should protect his students, As we know, when the disaster broke out, all the teachers in this earthquake area made their efforts to help and save their students, and this noble act shows that greatest love is unselfish. Facing natural disasters, sometimes we human beings may feel too weak, but just at this very moment, we will try everything to help others, even devote our lives to doing that. After reading the news story, I was moved to tears. Greatest love is unselfish. The teacher's action illustrates our kind teachers' greatest love to their students.
语言要点 单元要点预览（旨在让同学整体了解本单元要点） 词语 辨析 1. finally/at last/in the end 2. across/through/over 3. persuade / advise 4. beneath / under / below 1. organize vt. 组织 词 汇 部 分 词形 变化 2. wool n. 羊毛 3. determine v. 决定 organized adj. 有组织的 woolen adj. 毛纺的; 纯毛的 determined adj. 坚决的 determination n. 决心; 坚定 性 organization n. 组织
重点 单词 重点 词组
重点句子 重点语法 I 词语辨析
1. prefer v. 更喜欢，选择某事物（而不选择其他事物） 2. persuade v. 说服；劝说 3. insist v. 坚持 4. determine v. 决定；确定；下定决心 7. care about 关心，在乎 go through 经历；经受 8. give in 屈服，让步，投降；上交 9. change one’s mind 改变主意 1. It was my sister who/that first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River. 首 先想到沿湄公河骑车旅游的是我姐姐。 （强调句） 2. She insisted that she (should) organize the trip properly. 她坚持要自己把这次旅游安排得尽善尽美。 现在进行时表示将来 （见语法部分） (旨在提供完形填空所需材料)
1. finally/at last/in the end 【解释】 finally 有两个意思，一是在按顺序列举事物或论点时引出最后一项内容，―最后，末了‖；二是表示―在 经过很长时间之后才，终于。‖ 另外，finally 一般位于动词前。 at last 强调经过一番努力 in the end 强调经过许多困难、变化之后，事情才发生 at last 和 in the end 同 finally 的第二个意思 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). The war lasted four years before the North won _______________. 2). Your idea will turn out right _________. 3). ______, I want to thank you for helping me. Keys: 1). in the end/ at last 2). in the end 3). Finally 2. across/through/over 【解释】 across 表示从表面上横穿，横跨 through 表示穿过空间内部 over 表示―越过‖，指从较高物体的一侧到另一侧 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 The Great Wall winds its way ____high mountains, ___ deep valleys and ___ great deserts. Keys: over…through…across
3. persuade / advise 【解释】 persuade 指通过劝说、感情交流等而使对方做劝说者所希望的事。强调劝说已收到成效。 advise 并不涉及是否有成效 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Some of us ________ him to change his mind but no one could _________ him to do so. Keys: 1). advised…persuade 4. beneath / under / below 【解释】 beneath 书面用词，指紧挨……之下 under 普通用词，指在某物的正下方 below 指位置低于某物或在某物下方，但不一定在正下方， 所指范围较宽 【练习】用上面所提供的辨析词的适当形式填空 1). Write your name _______ the line. 2). They found the body buried a pile of leaves. 3). They stood ________ a big tree. Keys: 1). below 2). beneath 3). under II 词性变化 （旨在提供语法填空所需材料） 1. organize vt. 组织 2. wool n. 羊毛 3. determine v. 决定 organized adj. 有组织的 woolen adj. 毛纺的; 纯毛的 determined adj. 坚决的 determination n. 决心; 坚定性 organization n. 组织
【练习】用括号内所提供词的适当形式填空 1) He's involved in the _______ of a new club. (organize) 2) She’s a highly ________ person. (organize) 3）She _______ the class into four groups. (organize) 4）These goats are specially bred for their _______. (wool) 5）Those are _______ blankets (wool) 6）His father is a leader with courage and _________. (determine) 7) She will ________ how it is to be done. (determine) 8) I'm ________ to succeed. (determine) Keys: 1) organization 2) organized 3) organized 5) woolen 6) determination 7) determine
4) wool 8) determined
Ⅲ 重点词汇 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. prefer v. （preferred/preferring） 更喜欢，选择某事物（而不选择其他事物） [典例] 1). I prefer dogs to cats. 猫狗之中我更喜欢狗。 2). I prefer speaking the truth to lying. 我宁愿讲实话而不愿说谎。 3). Would you prefer that we put off our wedding till next mouth? 你是否更愿意把我们的婚礼推迟到下个月？ [重点用法] prefer sth../doing prefer A to B prefer doing A to doing B prefer (sb.) to do (rather than do) prefer that-clause [练习] 中译英
1). 比起乘坐拥挤的公共汽车，他宁愿骑自行车。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 玛丽更愿意我在外面等她。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). Rather than ride on a crowded bus, he always prefers to ride a bicycle. 2). Mary prefers me to wait for her outside. 2. persuade v. 说服；劝说 [典例] 1). We persuaded him to take the job / into taking the job. 我们说服了他接受这份工作。 2). My mother finally persuaded me not to go to the party / out of going to the party. 妈妈最终说服我不参加这次聚会。 3). How can I persuade you of my sincerity？ 我如何能让你相信我是真诚的？ 4). I am almost persuaded that he is honest. 我几乎相信了他是诚实的。 [重点用法] persuade sb. to do sth.= persuade sb. into doing sth. 说服某人做某事 persuade sb. not to do sth. = persuade sb. out of sth./doing sth. 劝阻某人做某事 persuade sb. of sth. 使某人相信某事 persuade that-clause 使某人相信... [练习] 中译英 1）他正试图说服他的朋友放弃抽烟。 2) 我们使亨利相信是他错了。 3) 我几乎相信他是诚实的。 Key：1) He is trying to persuade his friends to give up smoking. 2) We persuaded Harry that he was wrong. 3)I am almost persuaded of his honesty. 3. insist v. 坚持 [典例] You can come back later, if you insist. 如果你一定要坚持，你就稍后再来吧。 [重点用法] insist on/upon sth./( sb’s) doing 坚持某事/要求（某人）做某事 I still insist on my viewpoint. 我仍然坚持我的观点。 He insisted on paying for the meal. 他坚持要付饭钱。 Mother insisted on our washing the clothes by ourselves. 妈妈坚决要求我们自己洗衣服。 [练习] 选择填空 1). The man insisted _______ a taxi for me even though I told him I lived nearby. A. find B. to find C. on finding D. in finding 2). I insist that a doctor _______ immediately. A. has been sent for B. sends for C. will be sent for D. be sent for 3). Some people insisted that the person _____ a thief and insisted that he _____ to the police station. A. was; be taken B. was, would be taken C. should be; should be taken D. be; be taken Keys: 1). C 2). D 3). A
4. determine v. 决定；确定；下定决心 [典例] 1). Attitude determines everything. 态度决定一切。 2). We determined to go to the railway station at once. 我们决定立刻去火车站。
3). I wonder what determined her to marry him in the end. 我想知道是什么使她最终下决心嫁给他的。 4). The court determined that the man was guilty of robbery. 法庭裁定那个人犯了抢劫罪。 [重点用法] determine on/upon (doing) sth. determine + n. determine to do sth. determine sb. to do sth. 使某人下定决心做某事 determine + that-clause adj. be determined to do sth. [练习] 中译英 1). 你决定好暑假做什么了吗？ __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 她决心要上哈佛大学。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). Have you determined what to do in the summer holidays? 2).She was determined to go to Harvard University. Ⅳ 重点词组 （旨在提供综合运用所需材料） 1. care about 关心，在乎 [典例] 1). The only thing he cares about is money. 他唯一在乎的东西就是金钱。 2). Family members should always care about each other. 一家人应该互相关心。 [短语归纳] care for 喜欢（多用于否定、疑问句）；照顾 I don’t care for coffee. 我不喜欢喝咖啡。 Could you help care for my child when I am out？ 我外出时能帮忙照顾下我的孩子吗？ [练习] 中译英 1). 她关心的只是她的社交活动。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 他深深地爱着她。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). All she cares about is her social life. 2). He cares for her deeply. 2. give in 屈服，让步，投降；上交 [典例] 1). Seeing that he could not persuade me, he had to give in (to my view). 由于无法说服我，他不得不认输。 2). It’s time to give in your examination papers. 到了交试卷的时间了。 [短语归纳] give in (to sb./sth.) 向…让步 give up sth./doing 放弃（做）某事 give away 赠送；泄露 give back 归还；恢复 give off 放出，散发(光、热、烟、气味等) give over 交付 give out vt. 分配；分发；发布 vi.（食物，燃料，电力等）用光；筋疲力尽 [练习] 用 give 构成的短语的适当形式填空。 1). When will the food supplied of our enemy________. 2). He intended to________ a large amount of money to the Project Hope. 3). Because of his low salary, he had to _________ his dream trip to Europe. Keys: 1). give out 2). give away 3). give up 3. change one’s mind 改变主意 make up one’s mind (to do) 下定决心（做某事） [典例] 1). Maybe you’ll change your mind after thinking it over. 也许你仔细考虑之后会改变主意。
2). I have made up my mind to leave, and nothing you say will change it. 我已经下定决心，不管你说什么我都不会改主意 了。 [短语归纳] 与 mind 有关的常用短语 have a/no mind to do 有/无意做 lose one’s mind 失去理智 read one’s mind 看出某人的心思 speak one’s mind 直言不讳 be of the same mind 意见一致 be in/of two minds 拿不定主意 give one’s mind to 注意… keep one’s mind on 专心于… take one’s mind off sth. 转移某人的注意力 bear/keep sth. in mind 记住某事 bring/call sth. to mind 回忆某事 put sb. in mind of sth. 使某人想起某事 [练习] 中译英 1). 我决心当医生。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 任何事情都不能使我改变主意。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). I've made up my mind to be a doctor. 2). Nothing will make me change my mind. V 重点句子 （旨在提供句子结构等所需材料） 1. It was my sister who/that first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River. 首先想到沿湄公河骑车旅游的是我姐 姐。 [解释] 强调句型 It is/was + 被强调部分 + that/who + 其余部分。被强调部分可以是原句的主语、宾语、状语、从句。 强调主语： It is the ability to do the job that matters, not where you come from or what you are. 关键是你的工作能力而不是你从哪来或你是谁。 强调宾语： It was Michael that/who I gave this ticket to. 我把这张票给了麦克。 强调时间状语： It was about 600 years ago that the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made. 大约 600 年前，第一个有钟面和时针的钟诞生了。 强调地点状语： It was in Brooklyn that Beckham first met Victoria, so they named their first son Brooklyn. 布鲁克林是贝克汉姆和维多利亚第一次相遇的地方，所以他们给第一个儿子取名布鲁克林。 强调从句： It was because he is in critical condition that the doctor decided to operate on him. 医生之所以决定为他动手术，是因为他病情危险。 [练习] 中译英 1). 我把这张票给了麦克。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 医生之所以决定为他动手术，是因为他病情危险。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). It was Michael that/who I gave this ticket to. 2). It was because he is in critical condition that the doctor decided to operate on him. 2. She insisted that she (should) organize the trip properly. [解释]insist + that-clause insist 意为―坚持要求（做某事）‖时，宾语从句用虚拟语气，谓语用 should do 的形式, should 可省略；而 insist 意为―坚 持认为，坚持某种观点‖时，宾语从句的动词时态根据具体的语境变化，不用虚拟语气。 He insisted that he hadn’t made a mistake. 他坚持认为自己没有犯错。
The bodyguards insisted that the president (should) keep away from the crowd for the sake of safety. 出于安全考虑，护卫人 员坚决要求总统远离人群。 suggest (建议)，demand (要求)，require (要求)，request (请求)，order (命令)等动词的宾语从句也常用 ―(should) do‖ 表 示虚拟语气。 [练习] 中译英 1). 我坚决要求你立刻采取行动把事情处理好。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ 2). 他反应冷淡表明他并不喜欢这个主意。 __________________________________________________________________________________________ Keys: 1). I insist on your taking/insist that you take immediate action to put this right. 2). His cool response suggested that he didn't like the idea. 课文要点（模块） 1 课文词汇等填空（旨在复习本课文中的单词拼写和主要词语等） 根据课文内容完成下面语法填空，注意单词拼写和词语用法： Wang Kun and his sister Wang wei had a dream 1 taking a bike trip along the Mekong River. They began their trip from 2 it begins to where it ends. Wang Wei was so stubborn that 3 she was 4 ( 决心) to do something , nothing could 5 her mind. So though Wang Kun had different idea about the trip but he had to give 6 . The Mekong River begins at a glacier on a Tibetan mountain 7 an altitude of more than 5,000 metres. It passes 8 deep valleys, 9 (travel) 10 western Yunnan Province and finally flows into the South China Sea. 答案：1. of/about 2. where 3. once 4. determined 5. change 6. in 7. with 8. through 9. traveling 10. across 2 课文大意概括 （旨在训练用 30 个单词概括大意的能力） 阅读课文，试着用 30 来个单词概括课文大意或翻译下面短文。 王昆和他的姐姐沿着媚公河骑自行车游览。他们对媚公河的地理环境和沿途风景作了详尽的描写。 The passage is about_____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________ 答案： The passage is about Wang Kun and his sister cycling along the Mekong River and they gave a detailed description of the river including its geographical situation and the scenery along the river. 3 课文佳句背诵与仿写 （旨在培养对难句的理解和写作能力） 1.【原句】It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 首先想到要沿着湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅游的是我的姐姐。 [模仿要点] 句子结构： 强调句 It is /was + 强调部分+ that/who… 【模仿 1】正是树的绿荫保护我们免于太阳的照射，使我们精力更加充沛。 ______________________________________________________________________________