第一单元模拟测试卷 一.单项选择(共 45 题,每题 1 分,共计 45 分) 1. Though he is sixty, he ____ working in his place. A. remains B. stays C. keeps D. still
2. It’s time we ____ ready. A. get B. got C. are
D. should go
3. He walked ____ down the road. A. straightly B. straight C. direct D. near
4. How long is it ____ we visited your mother. A. since B. that C. before D. after
5. ____ you have seen fighters, ____ will win? A. Since; do you think who C. When; who ever B. AS; who you think D. Since; who do you think
6. He took part in the activity with an ____ look. A. interest B. interested C. interesting D. interestedly
7. Some glasses ____ when we were moving. A. got broken B. got breaking C. were broken D. broken
8. He told me it was the reason ____ he explained just now ____ made him come late yesterday. A. which; which B. which; that C. why; that D. why; which
9. The place ____ the bridge is supposed to be built should be ____ the cross river traffic is the heaviest. A. which; where B. at which; which C. at which; where D. which; in which
10. ---- Are you still thinking about yesterday’s game? ----Oh, that’s ____. A. what makes me feel excited C. how I feel about it B. whatever I feel excited about D. when I feel excited
11. I ____ a bad cold for a week and still can’t get rid of it. A. caught B. have caught
C. had caught
D. have had
12. ---- Who is Jerry Cooper? ---- ____? I saw you shaking hands with him at the meeting. A. Don’t you meet him yet C. Didn’t you meet him yet B. Hadn’t you met him yet D. Haven’t you met him yet
13. ---- I hear Jane has gone to the Holy Island for the holiday. ---- Oh, how nice! Do you know when she ____? A. was leaving B. had left C. has left D. left
14. She ____ her hairstyle in her hometown before she came to Chongqing for a better job. A. would change B. has changed C. changed D. was changing
15. Sales of CDs have greatly increased since the early 1990s when people ____ to enjoy the advantages of this new technology. A. begin B. began C. have begun D. had begun
16. They ____ on the program for almost one week before I joined them, and now we ____ it as no good results have come out so far. A. had been working; are still working C. have been working; have worked B. had worked; were still working D. have worked; are still working
17. We must divide our money ____ us, six comrades. A. between B. among C. in D. into
18. He finally found himself ___ a lot. A. beaten B. beat C. beating D. being beat
19. We ___ for 3 years with no result. A. have been researching C. research B. researched D. had researched
20. Meeting my uncle after all years was an unforgettable moment, _____ I will always treasure. A. that B. one C. it D. what
21. ----This work must be finished before tomorrow. ----But we need ____ five people to help us. A. more B. another
22. She won’t be able to come next week, because she ____ herself in Mount Tai then. A. enjoys enjoying 23. How ____ that he looked so angry? A. it came about about 24. The Parkers bought a new house but ____ will need a lot of work before they can move in. A. they B. it C. one D. which B. did he come about C. was it come about D. did it come B. will be enjoying C. is enjoying D. will have
25. Everyone had an application (申请) form in his hand, but no one knew which office room ___. A. to send it to B. to send it C. to be sent to D. to have it sent
26. The difficulty is not easy ____ and you have to face it bravely. A. to get away from 27. So far, he____ as many as 1 000 stamps of the USA. A. has collected B. has been collecting C. collected D. had collected B. getting out of C. to be get rid of D. to get away
28. What’s the way you think of ____ your handwriting? A. to improve improve 29. The man had to be put in prison for he was ____ to the neighbors. A. dangers B. a danger C. danger D. in danger B. improving C. how to improve D. for you
30. ---- I’m sorry I stepped outside for a smoke. I was very tired. ---- There is no _____ for this while you are on duty. A. reason B. excuse C. cause D. explanation
31. When he came back, his wife was found ____. A. dying B. dead C. died D. death
32. The train____ leave at 5:00 p.m., we can’t be late for it. A. is to B. will C. must D. need
33. Sarah, hurry up, I’m afraid you won’t have time to ____ before the party.
A. get changed
B. get change
C. get changing
D. get to change
34. The first use of atomic weapons was in 1945, and their power ____ increased ever since. A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
35. He lost his job. So he _____finding one quickly. A. has been considering consider to 36．Give them a hand this time and I am sure they will offer theirs______ in the future. A. by turns B. in turn C. at turn D. in return B. considered C. has considered D. would
37. One manager kept asking me really difficult questions and laughing at me _____ I couldn’t answer. A. every time B. the next time C. at the same time D. all the time
38. -----We ______ that you would fix the TV set this week? -----I’m sorry. I _______ to fix it this week, but I’ve been too busy. A. had expected; had intended C. expect; intend B. are expecting; had intended D. expected; intend
39. After a long walk, I was _____ tired. So I stopped to have a rest. A. much B. too much C. much too D. not a bit
40. Mr. Bush, headmaster of the school,______ accepts suggestions made by his students, does he? A. rarely B. often C. usually D. always
41. ----- Why did he have to leave school? ------ He happened to _______ a laptop computer from the school lab. A. be seen steal B. be seen stealing C. be caught to steal D. catch stealing
42. ----- ______ you ______ anything unusual about our computer? ------ Not within the last three days. A. Do; find B. Did; find C. Have; found D. Are; finding
43. ---- You have agreed to go, so why aren’t you getting ready? ----- But I ______ that you _____ me to start at once.
A. don’t realize; want C. haven’t realized; want
B. don’t realize; wanted D. did realize; wanted
44.He has ______ great interest in history, especially in _______ history of Tang Dynasty. A. a; the B. a; / C. /; the D. /; a
45.After _______ the area for three hours, the police found the truck near a river. A. searching B. searching for C. in search for D. looking for
二.完型填空(共 20 题,每题 1 分,共计 20 分) 如果你不幸身处绝境，你最需要做的是什么？当然是冷静！ A friend of mine met with an accident driving in darkness. His legs were so hurt that he couldn’t move. What was the 46 was that he found himself unable to ask 47 as a result of exhausted (用尽的)
for help — his mobile phone went out of battery. Nothing could be done but to that day broke, and then the It is almost 50 49 48
in cold wilderness. It was 8 hours later
of the rescue.
that he could stand the horror in the darkness for so long. 51 : “First of all I checked up my 53 52
Even more surprising was his
conditions and found myself not in fatal danger. As there was no help, I leaned back in my seat trying my best to keep the wound from way I dozed (打盹)off.” His story put an end to my regret for the that happened last year. A group of young men and got lost. 57 55 56
to call for 54 . In this
of an exploration adventure to explore a mountain cave
to find a way out in the dark cave they were frightened and ran 58 59 . Finally they fell dead in fear and exhaustion (筋 people that found them, the place where they got 60 61 of the cave. If they stayed on the themselves, they would probably
anxiously without a sense of 疲力尽). According to the
lost was only about 10 meters away from the spot when they lost their way and tried to sense a faint light shining not far away.
Don’t you think that you can compare it with
itself? When you meet with 63 you it’s unclear
obstacles (障碍) in life and work, you are lost in darkness.
yet and you needn’t put up struggle attitude, 65
. It seems to be a negative (消极的)
a person who can afford to do so must have foresight as well as a
great courage in the first place. 46. A. least 47. A. service 48. A. cry 49. A. end 50. A. untrue 51. A. plan 52. A. physical 53. A. place 54. A. rotting 55. A. difficulty 56. A. had 57. A. Willing 58. A. hearing 59. A. rescue 60. A. end 61. A. save 62. A. adventure 63. A. Mind 64. A. really 65. A. and B. worst B. way B. lie B. success C. largest C. order C. wait C. team D. shortest D. work D. sleep D. arrival D. useless D. excuse D. medical
B. unimaginable C. true B. decision B. mental B. way B. spreading B. failure B. managed B. Unable B. sight B. village B. top B. help B. work B. Watch C. tools C. hurting C. hardship C. tried C. Determined C. feeling C. local C. opening C. stop C. life C. Imagine C. explanation C. working
D. strength D. bleeding D. loneliness D. planned D. Deciding D. direction D. brave D. side D. calm D. mankind D. Warn D. hopefully D. while
B. immediately C. carefully B. so C. but
三.阅读理解(共 20 题,每题 2 分,共计 40 分) A 韩国人拟申请将端午节的庆祝活动列入自己的文化遗产， 中国人该怎么办？ As we all know, the Dragon Boat Festival is our country’s traditional festival, but do you know there is also a Dragon Boat Festival in South Korea, which also falls on May 5 of the lunar calendar(阴历)? It has been reported that South Korea will apply
to United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO 联合 国教科文组织) to make the celebration of the Dragon Boat Festival its own intangible cultural heritage (非物质的文化遗产). If successful, people from other countries may see the Dragon Festival as a Korean creation. As the birthplace of the yearly event more than 2,000 years ago, China is not happy with the situation. "It would be a shame if another country successfully made a traditional Chinese festival part of its own cultural heritage ahead of China," said Zhou Heping, deputy(副) culture minister. The Ministry of Culture is even thinking of making its own application to UNESCO, covering all traditional Chinese festivals, including the Dragon Boat event. It is thought that the festival is held in memory of the great poet Qu Yuan (340-278 BC), who lived in the State of Chu during the Warring States Period. Qu was known to be a patriot (爱国者) and admired by ordinary people. He is said to have jumped into Miluo River, because he had lost hope in his country's future. When people heard about Qu's death, they sailed up and down the river searching for his body. They also beat the drums to frighten away the fish and threw Zongzi into the water to stop the fish touching Qu. Dragon boat racing is said to come from this search for the poet's body. Over the years, the Dragon Boat Festival has spread throughout the world. In Japan and Viet Nam, as well as South Korea, the festival has mixed with and become part of the local culture. 66. The Dragon Boat Festival _______. A. is also kept by South Korea C. was created by South Korea B. comes from South Korea D. is South Korea’s cultural heritage
67. What is the reaction of the Ministry of Culture to South Korea’s intending to make the Dragon Boat Festival its own culture heritage? A. Fighting against South Korea to do so C. Considering to do the similar thing D. Asking South Korea not to do so. B. Telling South Korea it’s not right
68. What is the purpose of the Dragon Boat Festival’s being held?
A. In memory of Qu Yuan C. To frighten away the fish
B. In memory of all the patriots of China D. In honor of QuYuan’s birthday
69. After Qu Yuan’s death, Zongzi was thrown into the water to _______. A. feed him. C. prevent the fish biting his body B. protect his body from going bad. D. attract his soul
70. Now, the Dragon Boat Festival has become ______ activity. A. a nationwide B. a worldwide C. an Asian D. a foreign
B The United States is one of the few countries in the world that has an official day on which fathers are honored by their children. On the third Sunday in June, fathers all across the United States are given presents, treated to dinner or otherwise made to feel special. The origin of Father's Day is not clear, but no matter when the first true Father's Day appeared, the strongest supporter of the holiday was Mrs. Bruce John Dodd of Spokane, Washington. She thought of the idea for Father's Day while listening to a Mother's Day sermon(布道) in 1909. Sonora wanted a special day to honor her father, William Smart. Smart, who was a Civil War soldier, was left alone when his wife died while giving birth to their sixth child. Mr. Smart had to raise the newborn and his other five children by himself on a farm in eastern Washington state. After Sonora became an adult she realized the selflessness her father had shown in raising his children as a single parent. It was her father that made all the sacrifices (牺牲) and was a courageous, selfless, and loving man. In 1909, Mrs. Dodd gave her own minister and others in Spokane some advice about having a church service devoted to fathers, thus Father’s Day came into being. People celebrated the third Sunday in June as Father's Day. Children made special sweets, or visited their fathers if they lived apart. In early times, wearing flowers was a traditional way of celebrating
Father’s Day. People wore red roses to honor a father still living, and wore white flowers to honor a dead dad. When children can't visit their fathers or take them out to dinner, they send a greeting card. Traditionally, fathers prefer greeting cards that are not too sentimental(多愁善感的). Most greeting cards have strange shapes, so fathers laugh when they open them 71. Who first raised the idea of Father’s Day? A. Sonora minister. 72. How many brothers and sisters did Sonora have altogether? A. three B. four C. five D. six B. Smart C. Smart’s wife D. Sonora’s
73. Smart was a _______ father while Sonora was a _______ daughter. A. selfless, considerate perfect, sentimental 74. What was the traditional way of celebrating Father’s Day in early times? A. Visiting fathers B. Taking fathers out to dinner B. selfless, beautiful C. clever, diligent D.
C. Sending fathers greeting cards D. Wearing flowers 75. Most people send their fathers greeting cards of strange shapes to _______ them. A. relax B. please C. frighten D. surprise
C Well, when the huge wave hit the boat, my safety belt broke and I was swept overboard. I don’t really understand how it happened, but it did. I heard someone yell out, but then my boat, Wild One, went off into the darkness and I was alone in a very rough sea. I then spent five and a half hours in the water. The place where it happened was, oh, about 50 kilometers from shore. It was likely that I wouldn’t see another day, but I always thought I'd overcome the difficulties. At first I was watching out for Wild One. The rest of the crew knew I was gone, so they were sure to come back and look for me.
After a while, I saw the boat’s lights when it came looking for me. They were within about 300 meters of me, but the spotlight just missed me. The reason why they didn’t see me was because of the huge waves. You know, I started sailing when I was seven, and started ocean racing when I was about eighteen, but I’d never been overboard before. I believed I was going to survive, but it was very cold, and as the hours passed I started to get desperate — and frozen! It was around 5 am when I saw the lights of a tanker (游船) coming towards me. I figured it was probably my last chance. At first, I thought they were going to miss me, and then they made a slight turn and I yelled out “Help!” and they heard me. Then another yacht (快艇) appeared. These guys were terrific. They gave me dry clothes, and then one jumped into the bunk (船上依壁而设的座位) and hung onto me. They covered us with as many dry clothes as they could, and the guy with me stayed to send his body heat to me. 76. The author of the passage was alone in the sea NOT because ________. A. the wind was too strong C. the safety belt was broken B. the wave hit the boat D. his boat was in the darkness
77. He was not saved by his crew because _________. A. he didn’t yell out “Help!” B.300 meters was a long distance C. he was not found D. he didn’t see the spotlight 78. It was inferred from the passage that ________. A. he was swept overboard at about midnight B. Wild One was the name of a crew member C. he started ocean racing at about seven D. he was too hopeless to take the last chance 79. One of the guys who saved him jumped into the bunk in order to _______. A. cover him with more dry clothes B. warm him with his body heat C. comfort him
D. congratulate him 80.What kind of person is the writer? A. A confident man B. A sad man C. A clever man D. A kind man
D Twelve European nations with a total population of 300 million people have given up their national currencies (货币) and now have a new currency — the euro(欧 元). The decision to give up the French franc or German deutschmark has not been an easy one. Both were known as strong currencies across the world, so it is not surprising that Britain wants to have its people vote about changing Currencies before making a decision. In the 15-member European Union, Britain, Denmark and Sweden chose not to adopt the euro. The decision about a single currency was taken 10 years ago. On January 1, 999, 11 European countries began to use the new euro currency: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain. Greece became the 12th country to adopt the euro on January 1,2001. It became the official, single currency of these nations on January 1,2002. At present, all prices in the 12 countries are valued in euro. Each “old” currency stopped being used completely on February 28. The coins have one side the same in all 12 countries. The other side is different in each country. The notes will look the same throughout the euro area. On the notes, pictures of gateways and bridges represent European openness and cooperation. As the euro becomes the only currency in the euro-zone, its symbol will become as well-known as 10 — the US dollar or Coca-Coca symbols. But Arthur Eisenmenger, now 86 and the designer of the symbol, seems to have been forgotten. He now lives in an old people’s home in Germany. European Commission President, Jacques Santer, introduced the euro symbol to the world in 1997. He said it was a sign of the weight of European civilization, an “E” for Europe, and the lines crossing through stand for the euro being a dependable
currency. Even then, he never mentioned Eisenmenger, who designed the euro symbol more than a quarter of a century ago. 81. The euro symbol was designed by Eisenmenger ____. A. in the 1970s in 1999 82. Which of the following is not mentioned in the passage? A. The euro is the official single currency of Italy. B. Germany used to use German deutschmark as its currency. C. All the 15-member European Union doesn’t adopt the euro. D. France can’t use French franc after January 1,2001. 83. Europe’s new currency will help to_______. A. make people live a peaceful life in Europe B. make it convenient for people to travel in twelve European countries C. settle the problem of banknote forgery (伪造) D. make Europe much stronger than it used to be 84. Britain wants to have its people vote about changing currencies before making a decision because _______. A. people have the right to decide important things B. the government of Britain is willing to do things against people’s will C. British pound is known as a strong currency D. Britain has not the tradition to use the same currency as other European countries 85.Which of following countries uses euro? A. Greece B. Denmark C. Sweden D. Britain B. in the 1980s C. in 1997 D.
Ⅱ 四. 单词拼写(共 20 题,每题 1 分,共计 20 分) 86. Mona Lisa’s m 87. A smile attracts so many people in the world. to Tom, Jane got married last month. to our way of living. He has a different way of
88. His behavior is a living. 89. The dog was f
so the children dared not get close to it. .
90. The English teacher praised the girl for her having made great p 91. I was (失望) at the result. He failed in the exam. (恰当地). (分析) of the sales figures. (主要的) part of the job is done by machine. (科学的) discovery.
92. The child can’t use chopsticks(筷子) 93. We made a careful 94. The 95. He made a new 96. Looking at her p the problem. 97. The police are trying to find the w 98. Whether Arafat was m yet. 99. There is no p again.
expressions, I see that she still hasn’t understood
to the accident. or died naturally is still unknown to the world
that a similar tsunami will happen in the same places
100. It is interesting to know that some astronauts took walks in o 101. he has to work hard because he has a big family to s 102. Last night, my brother had a terrible n kill him. 103. He said he d to our plan at the meeting, didn’t he? .
in which someone tried to
104. I was reading when our teacher suddenly patted(拍) me on the s 105. Some people declared that they discovered Yeti, a wild c mountainous area.
. in the
五．句型转换(本题共 10 空, 每空 1 分,共计 10 分 ) 106, We were about to give up when our class teacher came and lent us a hand. We were _______ _______ _______ of giving up when our class teacher came. 107, It happened that I was out when he dropped in yesterday. I _______ _______ _______ out when he dropped in yesterday. 108, While crossing the street, you should be careful. While _______ ________ crossing the street you should be careful. 109, Since you ask, I will tell you. _______ _______ you ask, I will tell you. 六. 书面表达 你的家长给你买了一台电脑作为新年礼物， 请根据下列信息写一篇文章给校刊投 稿，谈谈电脑给你的生活带来的变化。 1． 2． 3． 4． 使用学习软件（software）,提高学习成绩。 给朋友发邮件。 从网上收集学习资料，搜集信息，增长知识。 玩游戏，聊天。 注意：1。文章包括以上要点，可适当发挥。不要逐条翻译。 2．词数 100 词左右。
key to module two unit one
1-5 A.B.B.A.D. B.B.D.B.A. 26-30 D.A.A.B.B. 46-50 B.D.C.D.B D.C.A.B.C
-40 D.A.A.C.A 41-45 B.C.D.A.A 56-60 C.B.D.A.C 61-65
66-70.A.C.A .C.B A.D.B.C.A. 86 mysterious 91 disappointed 96 puzzled 101 support
87 According 92 properly
88 alien 93 analysis
89 frightening 94 major
90 progress 95 scientific 100 outer 105 creature
97 witness(es) 98 murdered
102 nightmare 103 disagreed 107 happened to be
106 on the point 书面表达
108 you are 109 now that
At the beginning of the year, my parents bought me a computer as a gift. I like it very much, for it has changed my life a lot. First, it’s a good help to my study. I can improve my lessons with software. Besides, I can collect necessary information from internet, which helps increase my knowledge. Then, it also brings me a lot of fun. I’m fond of computer games and enjoy chatting with friends on line. In fact, I often send e-mails to my friends, telling then about what I think of or feel in my life. I think I can make good use of it and I won’t spend too much time on games.