人教版 高中英语 必修五 Unit 3
Q: How do you usually go to
Means of transportation
take the subway
Ride electric cart
What about the transportation in the future ?
city train driven by laser(激光)
Zero emission shuttle
Q: what houses do you expect to
live in in the future?
The future house
Revolving(旋转的) apartment powered by wind
What will the future life be like?
1.What is “time lag”?
A. It is a kind of feeling that means you are unfit for the present conditions. B. It is a kind of feeling that means you are confused by the present conditions. C. It is a kind of feeling that means you are unfit for the change of different time areas, especially you are always behind the present time.
2.Who guides Li Qiang’s trip? Wang Ping. 3.How did he feel when he was in the capsule ? He was nervous and uncertain. 4.What did he do to relieve his anxiety?
He took some green tablets.
Boarding and taking off
1. How long did it take to arrive in the future?
A few minutes.
2. How did I feel during the journey?
seats were comfortable
What would I find?
What is para.3 mainly about? education transportation environment
Fill in the following table
environment air was thin ____; ____ little oxygen ___________fresh air a lack of
Feeling transportation operator experience impression
put on a mask
hovering carriage computer bend press fasten crowded
What the future home looks like?
1.Where did they arrive later? A strange-looking house.
2. What did Wang Ping’s house look like? It is a large, bright and clean room with a green wall, a brown floor and soft lighting.
3.What was the wall made of? And why?
It was made of trees, because their leaves provided the room with much-needed oxygen.
match the main idea of each paragraph
Para.1 My impression of life one thousand years into the future. Para.2 Para.3 Para.4 How I came to take a time travel journey. Staying in Wang Ping’s home. How I felt about the journey.
2.Arrange the order according to the text. A. We were transported into the future by a comfortable time capsule. B. I arrived at Wang Ping’s home and everything in his house made me surprised. C. I won a travel to the year AD 3008. D. I have my first try to master a hovering carriage.
The text mainly tells us about _______. B A. how Li Qiang was transported into future B. how Li Qiang got to the future and his impression of it C.What the life was like in the future
D.The introduction of the “future tours” company .
Judge whether the following statements are true or false.
1. In the year AD 3008, the air in private houses was of poor quality.
2. Hovering carriages were a fast means of transport, and people could fly in them in every direction. 3. Li Qiang arrived in a busy town where he got lost.
4. This text is an introduction both to the more advanced forms of transport in AD 3008 but also to the advantages and problems of life in the future.
The passage is about Li Qiang’s future journey in a time
capsule unsettled _________He Traveled to AD 3008. He was ________ (settle) as a result of suffering from “time lag”. But his guide, Wang Ping gave him some_______tablets which helped a lot. It took only a few minutes before they came to 1,000 years
in the future.
At first his new surroundings were difficult to tolerate Hit by a lack of fresh air, his head ached. But _______. after putting on a mask , he felt better in no time. He collected a hovering ________ carriage floating above the
ground. He caught ________ sight of Wang Ping and flew
after him to Wang Ping’s house, where everything was provided strange . The wall was made of trees, which ________
slid into bed the room with oxygen . Exhausted, he ______
and fell asleep.
1.impress vt. 压出印记；使深深印在
impression ____________n. 印象；(书籍)一次印刷
____________adj. 给人留下深刻印象的 impressive
impression ⑴ The first ___________(impress) of this book was sold very quickly so two more ____________(impress) were ordered. impressions
⑵ They produced a strong _____________ impression (impress) on me.
⑶ The way he talks is really _____________ impressive (impress).
make/leave/give an impression on sb.
给某人留下· · · 的印象
His speech left a deep impression on us.
impress vt. 给予…深刻印象，使钦佩而起 敬 The sights of the West Lake impress foreign guests a lot.
impress sth on/upon sb= impress sb with sth 给某人留下深刻的印象；使某人铭记 如：他的诚实打动了她。 He impressed her with his honesty. =He impressed his honesty on/upon her. =His honesty impressed her.
1. The student takes up his pen and writes to his father. 拿起 2. Playing basketball takes up much of my 占用（时间等） time. 3. He took up basketball while at his middle school. 开始从事/做 4. She took up his offer of a drink. 接受 5. He is going to take up the story where 继续，接下去 he left off yesterday.
take it easy 别着急，放轻松 take your time 从容做，不慌不忙 take part in 参加 take down 记下，写下，拿下, 拆掉，拆台 take for granted 想当然，认为理当如此
sweep up 打扫，横扫 speed up 加快速度 look up 查阅, 仰视 make up 弥补, 编造（句子等）
如：请打扫这些碎玻璃。 Please sweep up those broken glasses.
从A、B、C、D中选出最佳选项。 1. The poor boy always helps his father even though going to school _____ A most of his day. A. takes up B. makes up C. saves up D. puts up 2. My old friend invited me to attend his wedding and I _____ C the invitation. A. takes up B. taking up C. took up D. to take up
3）remind sb of/about sth.
reminded her of college days. 使她回想起了大学里的日子 remind sb to do sth 提醒某人做某事 must remind him to call 必须让他记着打电话
remind sb. that … 提醒某人……
4. Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. 我很担心这次旅行, 所以头几天心里 总是不踏实。 worried about the journey 为过去分 词作状语,在此处作原因状语。 worrisome adj. 使人烦恼的,焦虑的
3. previous adj.在前的；早先的；从前的
previous to 在??之前(to是介词)
在你上课之前，我们讨论到了这个问题。 ______________________,we discussed Previous to your lecture the matter.
4. At first my new surroundings were difficult
surrounding adj. in surrounding area surroundings n. 只用复数
surroundings –专指自然环境 environment —可指自然环境，也可指精神环境 The house is situated in very pleasant____________. surroundings The girl grew up in beautiful surroundings _________, but not in a happy home __________. environment
5. Hit by a lack of fresh air, my head ached. 由于缺乏新鲜空气，我感到头痛。 过去分词hit在句中作状语，表示原因
=Because I was hit by a lack of fresh air
lack v.& n. 缺乏，没有 lack sth.缺乏某物(lack作 vt.) lack of sth.缺乏某物(lack作 n.) be lacking in缺乏(某种品质、特点等),不够
lack for 缺(vi.否定式，无被动语态)
运用：补全下列句子。 ⑴ 她缺乏常识。 She_________ lacks common sense. ⑵ 植物因缺水而枯死了。 lack of water. The plant died for__________
⑶ 她缺乏勇气吗？ Is she____________ lacking in courage? ⑷ 他父母亲确保他什么也不缺。 His parents made sure that he _________ lacked for nothing.
6. I felt better in no time. 我立刻感到舒服多了。 in on time: very quickly 立刻;马上 They will be back in no time. 他们马上就会回来。 all the time 一直, 始终
at a time 依次, 逐一, 每次
7. I lost sight of Wang Ping when we
reached what looked like a large market.
时间状 语从句 宾语 从句
1. Suddenly I lost sight of my father in the crowd.
2. We must not lose sight of the fact that learning
English is very important. 忽视
拓展： catch sight of 望见，看到 in sight 在视线内 out of sight 看不见 at the sight of 一看见…… come into sight 进入视野 Set your sights on sth/ on doing sth 以….为 奋斗目标，决心做到
8.sweep up 打扫；横扫
Did you sweep up all the broken glass? 你把打碎的玻璃全扫起来了吗？ sweep up 意为“打扫；清扫”，经常引申为 “横扫；掠过；拥向”。 The strong wind swept up the leaves off the street. 大风把街上的树叶一扫而光。
9. Then Wang Ping flashed a switch on a computer screen, and a table and some chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic.
e.g. “Now it’s OK,” said the mechanic as he crawled out from under the car. “修好 了，”那修理工从车底下爬出来说道。 [仿写] I found my pen from under the ______________________________ exercise book. ____________ 我从练习册下面找到了我的钢笔。
II. 用括号内所给词的适当形式填空。 1. They all felt unsettled ________ (settle) because there was no information about their
2. His request received a swift ____ (swiftly)
3. I was deeply impressed ________ (impression) by
4. Those poor children had never had
cheerful ____________ surroundings (surround).
5. When I was young, I always saw the
stars through the _______ opening (open) in the roof. 6. He talked constantly _________ (constant) about the football match which was just finished.
The past participle(过去分词) is used as adverbial.(状语)
Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. (para.1) Well-known for their expertise, his parents’ company transported me safely into the future. (para.1) hit by the lack of fresh air， my head ached. (para.3) Exhausted, I slid into bed. (para.4)
Enjoy some beautiful sentences
Moved (move) by what I said, she stood there for a _______ moment. 感我此言良久 (白居易 琵琶行) _______ Given the talent by the heaven, I will employ it! (give) 天生我材必有用 (李白 将进酒) __________at dawn from a misty dream, I read, a year late, Waken news from home . (wake) 远梦归侵晓， 家书到隔年 (杜牧 旅宿) questioned under a pine-tree, "My teacher," the pupil When ___________ answered, " went for herbs”. (question) 松下问童子， 言师采药去。(贾岛 寻隐者不遇)
过去分词(past participles) 或过去分词短语(past participial
(1) 作时间状语。 Seen from the top of the hill, our school looks beautiful. 从山顶上看，我们学校看起来很 美。 Heated, liquids can be changed into gases. 液体被加热会变成气体。 注: 作时间状语时, 过去分词如果同时表被动 和动作完成, 常可换用现在分词的被动完成 式; 过去分词如果只表被动, 不表完成, 则 不可与现在分词的被动完成式换用。
e. g. Discussed (Having been discussed) many times, the problems were settled at last. 在讨论了多次之后, 问题终于解决了。 (过去分词既表被动又表完成) Seen from the hill, the park looks very beautiful. 从山上看这个公园非常漂亮。 (过去分词只表被动) 相当于when引导的状语从句。如果两个动作 同时发生, 可在分词前用when, while等使其时 间意义更明确。
(2) 作原因状语。 e. g. Attracted by the beauty of nature, the girl from London decided to spend another two days on the farm. 被自然美迷住了，来自伦敦的那个姑娘 决定在农场再呆两天。 Born and brought up in the countryside, he was interested in biology. 由于在农村出生并 长大, 他对生物很 兴趣。
相当于as, since, because引导的从句, 这类状语多 放在句子前半部分。
e. g. Given another chance, he will do better.
Grown in rich soil, these seeds can grow fast.
(4) 作让步状语。 e. g. Laughed at by many people, he continued his study. 尽管被许多人嘲笑, 他还是继续他的研究。 Exhausted by the climbing, the old man was determined to get to the top of the hill. 尽管已经爬得筋疲力尽，那位老人决定 爬到山顶。 作让步状语时相当于though, although 引导的从句。
(5) 表方式或伴随情况。 e. g. Followed by some officials, Napoleon inspected his army.
He stood there silently, moved to tears.
表示方式或伴随情况时, 过去分词可改 换城并列句: The hunter left his house, followed by his dog. (=and he was followed by the dog)
过去分词短语还可以和介词 “with” 或 “without” 连用。
e. g. You should go to sleep with the light turned off. 你应该把灯熄了再睡。 With the task completed, they all jumped with joy. Without anything left in the kitchen, we decided to eat out. 厨房里没有剩下任何东西，我们决定出去吃。
Given Given only fruit for dinner, I am very angry. Go and catch a sheep!
Wearing Worn a sheep’s coat, I have made the stupid sheep open the door for me. Ha ha …
Shockingby Shocked Mr. Wolf, I can’t move. Help! Help !
Finding Finding Mr. Wolf get into our village, I beat him with a large hammer.
Beaten by the sheep, I am badly Beating injured. But I will never give up!
Seating on the grass, I am enjoying Seated my favorite food. Wow, a nice day without Mr. Wolf!
改写下列句子的划线部分: 1. If he is given more time, he’ll make a first-class
tennis player. Given more time he’ll make a first-class → _______________, tennis player.
2. As I was confused by the new surroundings, I
was hit by the lack of fresh air. by the new surroundings I was hit → Confused ______________________________, by the lack of fresh air.
1. Following _________the old man, we went upstairs. (跟着那个老人, 我们上去了。) ________ by the old man, we went upstairs. Followed (被那个老人跟着, 我们上去了。) 2.Used ____ for a long time, the book looks old. 由于用了很长时间，这本书看上去很旧。 _____ the book, I find it useful. Using 使用时，我发现这本书很有用。 3.Looking _______ (look) at her, he jumped with joy. Looked (look) at by her, he jumped with joy. _______