Module1 My First Day at Senior High
I. 单项填空。 1． Kate is looking forward the party. A．to be invited B．being invited C．to inviting D．to being invited 2. My English teacher in Senior
High school is a kind and handsome man____ A．calling C．calls Mr.Yu. B．called D．to call to
3. ---- Do you need any help, Lucy? ---- Yes, the job is ______ I could do
myself. A. less than B. more than C. no more than D. not more than 4. The customers were all _____to see the ______ scene in the supermarket yesterday . A. amazing ; amazed B. amazing , amazing C. amazed; amazed D. amazed; amazing 5. Mr. Smith, ____ of the ____ speech, started to read a novel. A. tired; boring B. tiring; bored C. tired; bored D. tiring; boring 6. Peter’s jacket looked just the same as Jack’s, but it cost his. A. as much twice as B. twice as much as C. much as twice as D. as twice much as 7. In order to change attitudes ______ employing women, the government
is bringing in new laws. A. about B. of C. towards D. on 8. Only with this _____can you solve the problem. A. way approach B. means D. method C.
9. Always read the ________ on the bottle carefully and take the right amount of medicine. A. explanations B. instructions C. descriptions D. Introductions 11. The _____look on her face suggested that Michelle _____the birthday gift from her boyfriend. A. exciting; like C. exciting; liked B. excited; like D. excited; liked
12. The information on the Internet gets around much more rapidly than ____in the newspaper. A. it that 13. Ten years ago the population of our village was ____that of theirs. A. as twice large as B. twice as large as C. twice as much as D. as twice much as 15. —Tom had a good time at the party. — ,and . B. those C. one D.
A.So he had;so did I B.So had he;so I did C.So he did;so did I D.So did he;so I did 16. As a young man, Comrade Zhou Enlai ________ the students' movements and later ________ the Communist Party of China. A. joined; took part of B. took part in; joined C. joined in; took part in D. took part of; joined 18. The boy with glasses ______the judge with his attitude and sense of humor.
A. impressed B. caused C. aided D. preferred 19. I don’t expect anyone will take part in the activity, ______? A. do I B. don’t I they D. won’t they C. will
20. It is never easy to ask him to help others. _____ , he is very selfish. A. In the end B. In all C. In the way D. In other words 21. .—May I have a talk with one of your sports reporters? —Sorry, but all of them are about to the main events of the day. A. get C. cover B. find D. search
22. ______ is the best in the area.
A. The school is said is said that C. They say that this school We heard about the school
B. It D.
23. My adviser encouraged _____ a summer course to improve my writing skills. A. for me taking B. me taking C. for me to take D. me to take 24. The pronunciation of the English words is of the French words. A. nothing like that nothing like one C. something like those anything like it 25. His father mother’s words. on him his B. D.
A. learned B. studied knew D. impressed