1 . — — Did you submit( 递 交 ） your application for a Master’s degree(硕士学位）？
——Not yet. If I_____ to see my father, I would have. A. didn’t go B. haven’t gone C. woul
dn’t have gone D. hadn’t gone
2. —— Why didn’t Tom give you one of his paintings? ——I didn’t want one, but he would have given me one if I ____. A. Do D. had B. would C. will
3.——Do you think the thief entered through the garage door? ——No, if he had, I don’t believe _____broken the living room window.
A.would he have B. he had
C. he would have
D. he has
4._______I’d have told you.
A.If I would have known it
B. If I had have known it C.Had I known it
D. Should I know it
5 . I ____come yesterday, but I couldn’t. A.was to have
D. have to
6.——It is raining, and I have no umbrella. ——Here’s mine, and I insist ____it. A. you to take B. that you take C. that you taking D. you taking
7. The professor gave orders that the test ____before 5:30. A. be finished B. will finish C .will be finished D. shall finish
8. I must go there earlier. John has suggested that I _____an hour before the discussion begins. A.go
C. will go
B. shall go
D. would go
9. I didn’t go to the party, but I do wish I ____there. A.was
C. had been
10. She speaks as if she ____on the spot. A.was
C. had been
11. If I ______ten years younger, I _____ very happy. A.were, would be B. am, shall be C. were, shall be
D. am, would be
12. —— You can ask your brother for help. —— He is not at home. If he ____, I _____. A.is, would
C. is, will
B. were, would
D. were, will
13. If you ____the doctors advice, you would have already recovered.
A.follow B. followed
C. would follow D. had followed
14. If he had not missed the train, he _____by then. A. might get C. got B. might have got D. had got
15. What would you have done last night, if you _____to write your homework?
A.hadn’t C. didn’t have B. haven’t had D. hadn’t had
16. —— Did you catch the plane?
——No. if I had hurried, I ______.
A.would C. could
B. would have D. did
17. Why didn’t you tell him the truth? If I _____you, I would have.
A.were B. had been
D. would be
18.——How do you like the party?
——Wonderful. If you had come with us, you ____a good time. A.had C. would have had B. had had D. would have
19. If I _____out of my ink, I would have finished writing the paper.
B. shouldn’t run C. haven’t run
D. hadn’t run
20. If you _____early tomorrow morning, you would be there in time. A.have started B. were started
C. were to start
D. had started
2 1 . — Did you hand in your application for a league member?
——Not yet. If I _____to see my father, I would have. A.didn’t go B. haven’t gone D. hadn’t C. wouldn’t have gone gone
22.——Why didn’t Tom give you one of his paintings? ——I didn’t want one, but he would have given me one if I _____.
A.do C. will B. would D. had
2 3 . — Do you think the thief entered through the garage door?
——No, if he had, I don’t believe ____broken the living room window.
A.would he have C. he would have
B. he had D. he has
24.______I’d have told you.
A.If I would have known it
B. If I had have known it C. Had I known it
D. should I know it
25. I ____come yesterday, but I couldn’t. A.was to have
D. have to
Review about the text
Translate the following sentences into English: 1.一些最早的英文诗歌就是童谣。 2.通过童谣当中的文字游戏，孩子们学习 语言。 3.学生们可以自己来写的简单的诗的一种 就是像B和C这样列举事物的清单诗。 4.有些清单诗会重复短语和尾韵，而另外 一些则不会。 5.要是当时杰克进了那个球，我们就赢了。
6.要是我们有很多球迷高声呐喊， 我们就赢了。 7.冰雪已消融，满村尽乐童。 8.望夫处，江悠悠。
1. Some of the first poetry written in English was nursery rhymes. (Section2) 2.By playing with the words in nursery rhymes, children learn about language.(Section2)
3.One of the simplest kinds of poems that students can easily write themselves are poems like B and C that list things. (Section3)
4.List poems repeat phrases and some rhyme (like B) while others do not (like C). (Section3)
5 We would have won, if jack had scored that goal. (section3PoemC ) 6 We would have won, if we had had thousands of fans screaming. (section3-PoemC ) 7. Snow having melted, the whole village is brimful of happy children. (Poem G)
8.Where she awaits her husband, on and on the river flows. (Poem H) 9. Should the journeyer return, this stone would utter speech. (Poem H) (倒装句式)
1. Some of the first poetry written in English was nursery rhymes. 一些最早的英文诗歌就是童谣。
1/3 of the population are for the controversial plan.
2 By playing with the words in nursery rhymes, children learn about language.
By getting up early, I can have an hour for reading English in the morning.
3 One of the simplest kinds of poems that students can easily write themselves are poems like B and C that list things.
学生们可以自己来写的简单的诗的一种 就是像B和C这样列举事物的清单诗。 4 List poems repeat phrases and some rhyme (like B) while others do not (like C). 有些清单诗会重复短语和尾韵，而另外 一些则不会。
5 We would have won, if jack had scored that goal. 要是当时杰克进了那个球，我们就赢了。
6 We would have won, if we had had thousands of fans screaming.
要是我们有很多球迷高声呐喊，我们就赢了。 have sb doing
You should not have yourself sitting, abstracted all day long.
7 Snow having melted, the whole village is brimful of happy children.
Winter coming, can spring be far away? 8 Where she awaits her husband, on and on the river flows. 望夫处，江悠悠。
9 Should the journeyer return, this stone would utter speech. 要是远行者归来, 石头就会说话. If the journeyer should return, this stone would utter speech.
If the journeyer were to return, this stone would utter speech. Were the journeyer to return, this stone would utter speech. If the journeyer returned, this stone would utter speech.
Section 1 1 give readers a strong impression 2 convey certain emotions
1 nursery rhymes 2 delight small children
3 have strong rhythm and rhyme
1 bow to a squire 2 drop down Poem C 3 stay up so late 4 take it easy 5 run out of energy Section 4 1 a poem made up of five lines
Poem D & E 2 teasing 3 drooping
1 translations from Japanese Poem F a fallen blossom Poem G be brimful of
1 be translated into
Poem H 1 await her husband 2 transformed into stone 3 wind and rain revolve 4 utter speech
Listen to passage again.
Learn to write a cinquain and read it out to your classmates. a name (subject of the poem) Brother Beautiful ,athletic two adjs ( describe the subject） verbs ending with – Teasing, shouting ,laughing three ing (describe actions) Friend and enemy too four words (opinions or feelings) mine restates the subject in
anther single word
Summer Sleepy, salty Drying, drooping, dreading Week in, week out Endless
Players, Proud and joyful Take a well deserved rest. Dedication and sacrifice Paid off. Don't lie I look through you To the depths of your soul I can see your innermost thought I know
1 付清 We paid off our debt in the end. 2 (after risk, effort, etc.) to be successful and bring good result
In the final exam, their effort paid off.
The fact proved that their struggle paid off.