淄川一中高 2014 级过程性检测 英语试卷
时间：90 分钟 第Ⅰ卷 第一部分 听力（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 分值：100 分
听下面对话，每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标 在试卷的相应位置。 听完每段对话后， 你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。 每段对话读
两遍。 1. What does the man want? A. Tea B. Milk C. Coffee
2. Where did the woman go for the trip? A. To the city center B. To her hometown C. To the beach
3. How long has the man been away for China? A. For 10 years. B. For 30 years C. For 15 years. 4. How is the woman going home for Christmas? A. By bus. B. By plane. C. By train. 5. What does the man plan to do on the weekend? A. Go for an outing. B. Go to a movie C. Hold a party.
听下面一段对话，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. When does this conversation take place? A. At the beginning of the term. B. At the end of the term. C. In the middle of the term. 7. What will the speakers most probably do? A. See a movie. B.Watch a game C. Go to a concert.
8. What are they going to do first? A. Finish their homework B. Have supper together C. Go to the library. 听下面一段对话，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. Where is the conversation taking place? A. In an office.. B. At home.. C. In a camp. 10. What do the speakers need to do before leaving? A. To get things ready.. B. To have a good sleep. C. To change their tickets. 11. What will the man do next? A. Check the car. B. Pack up their things.. C.Repair the garage.. 听下面一段对话，回答第 12 至第 15 题。 12. What is the man interested in? A. Playing the piano B. Playing football C. Playing the violin.
13. Why does the man often go to concerts? A. To learn from others. B. To make some friends. C. To learn to sing. 14. What does the woman enjoy doing in her spare time? A. Visiting friends. B. Playing the piano. C. Seeing movies.. 15. Whom would the speakers ask for advice? A. Their teacher B. The woman’s uncle C. The man’s uncle
听下面一段独白， 回答第 16 至第 20 题。 16. What time are the group leaving tomorrow? A. At 9:00 B. At 9:30 C. At 10:00.
17. How many places will they stop at? A. Two B. Three C. Four
18. How long will they stay at the cafe? A. An hour. B. Half an hour. C. 45 minutes. 19. What is the third stop of their trip? A. A beach .B. A cafe C. A palace
20. What does the speaker advise the audience to take? A. A camera B. A coat C. A bottle.
第二部分：语法运用（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从 A,B,C,D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 21. —Hello, is Mr. Smith there? —______ A. Who are you? B. Speaking. C. I’m not Mr. Smith. D. Are you Jack? 22. Get dressed quickly, ______ you’ll be late for school. A. so B. and C. or D. but
23. Last night, my father told me ______ story which took place in ______ early 1800s in China. A. a; the B. the; an C. a; / D. /; the
24. Blackwell is so ______ that he never seems tired. A. energetic B.practical C. serious D. optimistic
25. There are many places in the US ______ English is not commonly used. A. which B. that C. when D. where
26. Joe kept looking at the new teacher, wondering whether he ______ her somewhere. A. had seen B. has seen C. sees D. saw
27. Will you please ______ the music a bit? The baby is sleeping.
A. turn off
B. turn on
C. turn up
D. turn down
28. I find ______ important to know about the culture when learning a language. A. that B. it C. one D. this
29. ______ the cries for help, the soldiers rushed into the burning house. A. To hear B. Hear C. Hearing D. Heard
30. —What do you think of the film? —It ______ be better. Everyone likes it. A. shouldn’t B. wouldn’t C. couldn’t D. mustn’t
第三部分 阅读理解 (共 10 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将 该项涂黑 (A) Bags of Love Last year, I worked in a middle school near my mother’s house, and I stayed with her for a month. During that time, I helped her do some housework and buy some food. After the first week, I noticed that the food was eaten up very quickly. Then I began keeping an eye on my mum. To my surprise, I found that she would put some of the food into a paper bag and go out with it at about nine every morning. And finally, I decided to follow her. I saw her taking the food to the street children. She would also spend a lot of time talking and playing with them. One day, I talked to a neighbour and found out that my mum was well-known in the area. The children were very friendly with her and even thought of her as their own mother. Then it hit me – why wouldn’t she want to tell me about it? Was she worried that I would stop buying food if I found out? When my mum got home, I gave her a big hug (拥抱).I told her she didn’t need to keep it a secret from me. And she told me something about the children. Some of them lived with an old lady in a small house. Others slept on the street. For years, she was helping the poor street children by giving them food. After she told me everything, I was so moved by how selfless (无私的) she was. She helped others in
need. As her son, I was so proud of my mum. I continued to buy food for my mum after that. But I always added one more bag for her other children. 31. After the first week, the writer noticed that _____. A. the food was put into a big box C. his mum stopped buying food B. his mum followed the children D. the food was eaten up quickly
32. The street children thought of the writer’s mum as their _____. A. old grandma C. new neighbour B. own mother D. dear teacher
33.. How did the writer feel about his mum after she told him everything? A. He was confident in her. C. He was angry with her. B.He was proud of her. D. He was worried about her.
34. The writer added one more bag of food to _____. A. make friends with the children C. become well-known in the area （B） The first newspaper was written by hand and put up on walls in public places. The earliest daily newspaper was started in Rome in 59 BC. In the 700s the world’ s first printed newspaper was published. Europe didn ’ t have a regularly printed newspaper until 1609, when one was started in Germany. The first regularly published newspaper in English was printed in Amsterdam in 1620. In 1621, an English newspaper was started in London and was published once a week. The first daily English newspaper was the Daily Courant, which came out in March 1702. In 1690, Benjamin Harris printed the first American newspaper in Boston .But not long after it was first published, the government stopped the paper. In 1704, John Campbell started the Boston Newspaper, the first newspaper published daily in the American colonies（殖民地）. By 1760, the colonies had more than thirty daily newspapers.There are now about 1, 800 daily papers in the United States. Today, as a group, newspapers in English have the largest circulation ( 发行
B. get a hug from his mother D. help the poor street children
量)in the world .But the largest circulation for a newspaper is that of the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun . It sells more than eleven million copies every year. 35, The first regularly printed European newspaper started in ________. A．Rome in 59 BC B．Amsterdam in 1620 C．Germany in 1609 D．England in 1621
36, The first daily newspaper in English started in _________. A．1702 B．1621 C．1590 D．1620
37, From the article, we know that____________ A. Newspapers have the longest history in the United States. B. English language newspaper has the largest circulation in the world. C. The first daily newspaper was printed in Rome in 59 B.C. D. There are all kinds of newspapers all over the world today. （C） Smoking, which may be a pleasure for some people, is a serious source of discomfort for their fellows. Further, medical authorities express their concern(关心) about the effect of smoking on the health not only of those who smoke but also of those who do not. In fact, nonsmokers who must take in the air polluted by tobacco smoke may suffer more than the smokers themselves. A considerable number of students have joined in an effort to persuade the university to ban smoking in the classrooms. I believe they are entirely right in their aim. However , I think it more important to achieve this by calling on the smokers to use good judgment and to show concern for others. Smoking is not allowed in theatres, cinemas, and other public places, therefore, smoking must be forbidden in our classrooms. 38. What is the students’ aim? A. To express their discomfort. B. To enjoy smoking. C. To forbid smoking in classrooms. D. To suffer from smoking. 39. According to the passage, people who don’t smoke _______. A. suffer less than smokers.
B. suffer more than smokers C. suffer as much as the smokers. D. don’t suffer at all from tobacco smoke. 40. The writer thinks it important for smokers to _____________. A. show concern for others B. forbid others to smoke C. show concern for their own health D. know the effect of smoking on their health. 第Ⅱ卷 第四部分：词汇运用（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从方框中选出能填入文中空白处的最合适的单词，并 将该单词的标号（A、B,C, D,E.......）填写在答题卡对应题号的横线上。 A. At B. arrival H.key C. before I.luckily D. called J.surprise E.difficulty F.help
An old friend from California ____41______from the airport (机场) to tell me that he had arrived. I was not able to leave the office, but I had made plans for his ____42_____. After explaining where my new house was, I told him that I had
left the ____43_____under the doormat (门垫). Since I knew it would be pretty late ____44_____ I could get home, I suggested that he make himself at home and ____45_____ himself to anything that was in the refrigerator. Two hours later my friend phoned me from the house. ____46_____ the moment, he said, he was listening to some of my records after ____47_____ had a delicious meal. Now, he said, he was drinking a glass of orange juice. When I asked him if he had had any ____48_____ finding the house, he answered that the only problem was that he had not been able to find the key under the doormat (门垫), but ____49_____, the living room window by the apple tree had been left open and he had climbed in through the window. I listened to all this in great ____50_____. There is no apple
tree outside my window, but there is one by the living room window of my next door
neighbor's house! 第五部分，阅读表达（共 5 小题，每小题 3 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文，用英语简要回答短文后所给的 5 个问题。(回答时，每题答案不超过 15 个单词) There was once a king who lived in Egypt. He wanted to send a message to a friend who lived far away in Greece. But he didn’t want anyone else to see it. How could he send his friend the secret message?The king thought and thought. Then, at last, he had an idea. The king called in his most trusted servant. “I want you to shave all the hair off your head.’ ’he said to the servant. The servant obeyed and shaved all the hair off his head. “Now,”said the king,“I’m going to write a message on your head.”The servant bent down, and the king wrote the message on his head. “Now,”said the king. “I want you to stay alone until your hair grows back. I’m going to put you in a locked room for a month.” One month passed. The king went to see the servant. “I see that your hair has grown back,’ ’the king said. “Now I have a very important task for you. I want you to go to see my friend in Greece and show him the message on your head. He is the only one who should see it.” When the servant got to the king’s friend, he shaved his head. The friend read the message. Then the servant washed the message off his head. It may have been the first secret message ever sent.
51. What did the king want his most trusted servant to do for him?
______________________________________________________________________ 52. Why did the king want the servant to shave all the hair off his head?
_______________________________________________________________________ 53. How long was the servant locked in the room?
_______________________________________________________________________ 54. How many people actually knew what the message was about?
______________________________________________________________________ 55. What would be the most proper title for the passage?
_______________________________________________________________________________ 第六部分：书面表达（满分 25 分） 阅读使人明智，阅读使人充实。阅读的好处很多，但是，目前许多中学生都不重视阅读。请 你根据下表内容写一篇 80--100 字的英语短文，对这一现状进行分析并提出建议。文中不能出现 真实的人名，校名和地名。开头已给出，不计入总词数。 内容要点如下： 不重视阅读的原因 如：1，作业太多 2，时间花在...... 阅读的好处 如：1，开阔眼界，获得知识 2，学会如何思考 3，生活更加丰富多彩 你的建议 如：养成良好的读书习惯...... 参考词汇：open up eyes, get knowledge, colorful, habit
At present only a few students do some reading after class. Here are several reasons, ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
淄川一中高 2014 级过程性检测
第一部分 听力:（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 1-5 ACBBC 6-10BCBBA 11-15 ACABC 16-20 BBCAA 第二部分：语法运用（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 21-30 BCAAD ADBCC 第三部分 阅读理解 (共 10 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 20 分) 31-35 DBBDC 36-40 ABCBA
第四部分：词汇运用（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 41-45 DBHCF 46-50 AGEI J
第五部分，阅读表达（共 5 小题，每小题 3 分，满分 15 分） 51. To send a secret message to his friend in Greece. 52. Because he wanted to write the message on his head./ so that he could write the message on his head. 53. For a month. 54. Two 55. The First Secret Message / A Most Unusual Way of Sending a Message.
第六部分：书面表达（满分 25 分） At present only a few students do some reading after class. Here are several reasons. Some students think they have too much homework and they are busy doing it every day. Others don't have a habit of reading. And they often spend their time on TV or the Internet. However, reading has many advantages. By reading we can learn more about the
- 10 -
world. Besides, it can help us think better. Also reading can make our life more colorful. Here is my advice. First, teachers are supposed to give less homework to us so that we can have more time to read. Second, it's a good idea to start a reading club, so we can learn from each other.
- 11 -