Life in the Future
If you are the writer of “ Life in the Future”, what topics will you talk about?
MSN QQ Mobile phone
Life in the future
1.I have to remind myself ___________(不断地) that I am really in AD 3008. 2.It seems you keep getting flashbacks from your previous ___________(以前的) time period. 3.The capsule began swing gentlysideways ________(向一 边地)as we lay relaxed and dreaming. 4.At first my new ____________( surroundings 环境) were difficult to ________.( tolerate 忍受) 5.Hit by a _______( 缺乏) of fresh air, my head lack ached. Just as I tried to make the necessary __________(调整) to this new situation, Wang adjustment Ping appeared.
6.Wang Pingfastened ________(系上) my _________( safety belt 安全带) and showed me how to use it. 7.However, I _______________( 看不见) Wang Ping lost sight of when we reached what looked like a large a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all direction. flashed switch 8.Then Wang Ping _________ a _________( 闪了一下 开关) on a computer screen, and a table and some chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic. 9.Just relax, since there is nothing planned on the timetable ______(时间表) slid into 10.Exhausted, I ___________ bed(溜进) and fell fast asleep.
Find out these phrases ： prepare to do sth. 1. 准备干 be faced with 2.面对，面临 3.拿起；接受；从事；开始 take up be worried about 4.担心，担忧 as a result (of ) 5.作为(…的)结果 6.和…类似 be similar to 7.因…而闻名 be well-known for 8.在时间舱里 in a time capsule 9.在地球上 on the earth 到底，究竟 on earth 10.好像，似乎
as though /as if
make an adjustment 11.调整 12.立刻，马上 in no time 13.(困境后)恢复 be back on one’s feet 14.看不见 lose sight of/out of sight 15.朝四面八方 in all directions/in every direction 17.打扫，扫除 sweep up 18.看见 catch sight of /in(within)sight of 19.为某人提供某物
provide sth. for sb=provide sb. 20.移近，溜进 with sth. supply sb. with sth.=supply sth. to/for sb. slide into
1.What is the main idea of the passage? A. First impression about Li Qiang’s travel to the future. B. How to travel to the future. C. What the future life will be like D. An exciting experience 2. The author and his friends were safely transported into the future in a _____ A. time capsule B. hovering C. flying chair D. plane 3. What did the author feel in the first few days? A. He was upset and comfortable. B. He felt frightened C. He suffered a lot of pain D. He felt uneasy and not sure.
4.What was the room like ? A. It was large ,clean with broken walls. B. The walls are colored and moveable. C. There are pipes sending oxygen the room needs. D. Tables and chairs are placed against the wall
5. From the passage we can infer that _______. A. Wang Ping often travel to the future B. Li Qiang has been to the future twice C. Li Qiang’s parents didn’t agree to his travel D. people in the future don’t have to eat food.
Read the passage again , divide it into three parts and match them with the following main ideas
Para 1 Para 2 Para 3 Para 4 Staying in Wang Ping’s home My impressions of life one thousands years into the future The journey How I came to take a time travel journey
Analyse the following long and difficult sentences and translate them into Chinese.
1. This is similar to the “jet lag” you get from flying, but it seems you keep getting flashbacks from your previous time period. 这就与你乘坐飞机会产生时差反应相似，所
2. However, my friend and guide, Wang Ping, was very understanding and gave me some green tablets which helped a lot.
3.I can still remember the moment when the space stewardess called us to the capsule and we climbed in through a small opening.
4.Soon I was back on my feet again and following him to collect a hovering carriage driven by computer. 没过多久，我就再次站起来，跟着他去领取了一台由电脑驱动的 汽车垫。 5.However，I lost sight of Wang Ping when we reached what looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions. 可是，当我们到达一个看上去像是大市场的地方时，由于太多车 子朝四面八方飞奔，我看不见王平了。 6.Then Wang Ping flashed a switch on a computer screen, and a table and some chairs rose from under the floor as if by magic. 然后王平在电脑荧屏上的开关闪了一下，于是一个桌子和几把椅 子就像变魔术似的从地板下面升了起来。
语法填空 1）1. a 2. in 3. for 4. better 5. arriving 6. which 7. produced 8. After 9. Exhausted 10. slid 2） 1. in 2. first 3. unsettled 4. from 5. understanding 6. overcome/solve 7. above 8. Arriving 9. fast/sound 10. was produced
1. She grew up in comfortable _______________( surroundings 环境) 2. He showed considerable skills/expertise _____________(技能) in bringing the horse under control. 3. I took the opportunity ____________(机会)of visiting Ann while I was in London. extraordinary 特别，格外)beautiful , one in 4. They both________________( appearance and one in mind. 5. The experts are________________( 乐观的)about our optimistic chances of success. remindedhim_____( of 使---想起)what he had seen in 6. The film _________ Shanxi Province. lose sight of 7.We must not _________________( 忽视)the fact that our country has the largest population. take up 8.Come on! Let’s ____________( 开始) the work where they have left. caught sight of 看见) Tom and Lucy going 9.Just then I ________________( out of our school gate.
改错： 1. My classmate→classmates 2. some cleanings→cleaning 3. and sing→or 4. being clean去掉being 5. rid后加of 6. their job→my 7. will have→ would 8. must have→be 9. so → but 10. do good in→well
C 1.What you said just now _________me of that America professor. A. mentioned B. informed C. reminded C. mentioned 2. Though __________money, his parents managed to send C him to university. A. lacked B. lacking of C. lacking D. lacked in 3. After he retired from office, Rogers ___________ painting A for a while, but soon lost interest. A. took up B. saved up C. kept up D. drew up 4. My friend Martin was very sick with a strange fever； __________, he could neither eat nor sleep. A A. as a result B. after all C. any way D. otherwise 5. I wish you’d do _________ talking and some more A work .Thus things will become better. A. a bit less B. any less C. much more D. a little more
6. Eliza remember everything exactly as if it ___________yesterday. D A. was happening B. happens C. has happened D. happened 7. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it___________. C A. breaks B. has broken C. were broken D. had been broken 8. ___________from the sky, the mount looks like a dragon D lying on the ground. A. Seeing B. Having seen C. To be seen D. Seen 9. The policemen set out ____________the street for the lost B girl. A. searching for B. to search C. to search for D. searching B 10. What are your ____________ after reading the book? A. expressions B. impressions C. affections D. effects
11. His words reminded me __________we did together B during the past holidays. A. that B. of what C. of that D. what 12. The ____________a child grows up in may have an A effect on his development. A. surroundings B. surrounding C. environments D. circumstance A 13. He can’t do the work for _____________skill. A. lack of B. lack from C. short of D. lacking in 14. He ____________writes articles for the local paper. A A. constantly B. swiftly C. extraordinarily D. previously 15. Don’t be joking. It’s time to __________your business. B A. set out B. take up C. go on D. get down
当堂检测—Important sentences 1.I still cann’t believe that I am taking up this that prize ________I won last year. 2.However, my friend and guide, Wanng Ping, was very understanding and gave me some which green tablets _______helped a lot.
when 3.I can still remember the moment______the space stewardess called us all to the capsule and we climbed in through a small opening.
4.At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate ___________( 难以忍受)
5.However, I lost sight of Wang Ping when what we reached ______looked like a large market because of too many carriages ______(fly) flying all directions / in every by in ________________________( 四面八方)。
6.I realized that I had been transported into what the future of ______was still my hometown.
Worried 7.______(worry) about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. Well-known for 因…而闻名) their expertise, 8.____________( his parents’ company, ______(call) “Future called Tours” , transported me safely into the future in a time capsule.
9.The capsule began swinging gently sideways as we lay __________(relax, dream) relaxed and
10.The air seemed thin, as though its combination of gasses had little oxygen _______(leave). left
Hit 11._____(hit) by a lack of fresh air, my head ached. fell 12.It’ll make you _____(fell) much better. dreaming
13.Soon I was back on my feet again and following him to collect a hovering carriage driven ________(drive) by computer.
14.______(arrive) at a strange-looking house, Arriving he showed me into a large,bright clean room.
planned 15.Just relax, since there is nothing ______ (plan) on the timetable.
16.______(say说完)this, he spread some food on the table, and produced a bed from the floor.
Exhausted 17.__________(exhaust), I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.
1.我现在仍然不能相信我是在接受去年获得的这个奖励。 I still can’t believe that I am taking up this prize that I won last year. 2.一开始新的环境让我难以忍受。 At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate. 3.可是，当我们到达一个看上去像是大市场的地方时， 由于太多车子朝四面八方飞奔，我看不见王平了。 However, I lost sight of Wang Ping when we reached what looked like a large market because of too many carriages flying by in all directions。
4.我意识到我已经被送到了仍然是我的家乡的未 来。 I realized that I had been transported into the future of what was still my hometown. 5.因为担心这次旅行，头几天我心理总是不踏实。 Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. 6.空气似乎很稀薄，好像混合的气体中剩下的氧 气很少。 The air seemed thin, as though its combination of gasses had little oxygen left.
10.说完这些，他把食物摆在桌子上，又从地板上 取出一张床来。 Having said this, he spread some food on the table, and produced a bed from the floor. 11.实在累坏了，我溜上床很快就睡着了。 Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.