时间状语从句 常见的从属连词有：(注意其汉语意义) when, while, as, before, after, since, until (till) once as soon as, the moment, the minute, immediately, directly, each/every time, the first time, the last time, n
ext time, by the time, whenever 等。例如： Every/Each time I was in trouble, he would come to my help. I thought her nice and honest the first time I met her. 注意： （1）when, while, as 的区别： 1)when 引导从句时， 主从句的动作有先有后， 也可以同时进行,从句的动作可以是持续性的， 也可以是短暂的。如： When I got to the airport, the plane had already taken off. （主先从后） （短暂性） When I lived there, I used to go to the seaside on Sundays. (同时) （持续性） When the movie ended, the people went back. （从先主后） 2)while 侧重主从句动作的对比，且从句的动词必须是持续性的。如： While we were chatting she was looking at the time table on the wall． 3)as 引导从句时侧重主从句动作同时或几乎同时进行，从句的动作可以是持续性的，也可以 是短暂的。如： Sometimes I watch TV as I am having breakfast． 4）when 和 while 还可以是并列连词，意思分别是“就在这时”，“然而”。如： I was having a rest on the sofa when the telephone rang． They were surprised that a child should work out the problem while they couldn’t . 注：并列连词 when 常用与以下句型中： ①…was/were doing…when…（正在做…突然）
②…was/were about to do…when…（刚要做…突然）
③…was/were on the point of doing…when…(刚要做…突然) ④…had just done…when….(刚一…就) ⑤Hardly/Scarcely had…done…when…(刚一…就) (2)before 引导从句时,词义非常灵活，注意下列句子中的 before 的词义：
1.Before I could get in a word, the tailor had measured me.(还没来得及…就) 2.We hadn’t run a mile before he felt tired.(还没…就) 3.We had sailed 4 days before we saw land.(…才…) 4.Please write it down before you forget it.(趁还…没就) (3)till (until) 和 not…till (until) 1） till (until):主句谓语动词必须是持续性的，意思是“到…为止“如： He remained there till/until she arrived. 2） not…till (until)…: 主句谓语动词必须是短暂性的，意思是“直到…才”如： She won’t go to bed till/until he returns home. 3） not…until 还有强调式和倒装式： 强调句：It is not until he returns home that she will go to bed. 倒装句：Not until he returns home will she go to bed. (4)几个极易混淆的时间状语从句：
1） It was +时间点+when…（当的时候时间是） It was 5 am when we arrived at the village. 2） It was/will be+时间段+before…(没过…就／过了…才) It was/will be two weeks before we met/meet again.
3） It is /has been +时间段+since…（自从…以来有…） It is/has been 3 years since we last met. 突破点：一看 be 动词的时态，二看时间段还是时间点。 注意：在“It is /has been +时间段+since…”句型中，从句的动词必须是短暂性的，如果是延续 性的动词，时间要从从句的动作结束时算起。如： It is 3 years since I smoked.( 我戒烟有三年了) 补充： as soon as, immediately, directly, instantly, the moment, the minute, the instant, no sooner…than…, hardly/scarcely….when….和 once 这些从属连接词引导的从句都表示 从句的动作一发生，主句的动作随即就发生，常译为“一…就…”。从句中一般时态代替 将来时态。 every time, each time, next time, the first time, any time, all the time 等名词短语用来引 导时间状语从句，表示“每当…..，每次…..；下次……”等。
1. It was quiet ________ those big trucks started coming through the town. A. before B. after C. until D. unless 2. It seemed only seconds ________ the boy finished washing his face. A. when B. before C. after D. even if 3. Hardly had he reached the school gate ________ the bell rang. A. while B. when C. as D. as soon as 4.We were told that we should follow the main road _____ we reached the central railway station. A. whenever B. until C. while D. wherever
5. I recognized you ________ I saw you at the airport. A. the moment B. while C. after D. once 6. He was about to go to bed ________ the doorbell rang. A. while B. as C. before D. when 7.________I listen to your advice, I get into trouble. A. Every time B. When C. While D. Until 8. _____ John was watching TV, his wife was cooking. A. As B. As soon as C. While D. Till 9. The children ran away from the orchard(果园) ______ they saw the guard.
A. the moment B. after C. before D. as 10. No sooner had I arrived home _____ it began to rain. A. when B. while C. as D. than 11. Several weeks had gone by _____ I realized the painting was missing. A. as B. before C. since D. when
12. It _____ long before we ____ the result of the experiment. A. will not be; will know is; know 13. –What was the party like? --Wonderful. A. after It’s years _____ I enjoyed myself so much. C. when D. since B. is; will know C. will not be ; know D.
14. The new secretary is supposed to report to the manager as soon as she_____. A. will arrive B. arrives C. is going to arrive D. is arriving
15. _____ got into the room _____ the telephone rang. A. He hardly had; then Not had he; when 16. No sooner had he finished his talk _____ he was surrounded by the workers. A. as B. then C. than D. when B. Hardly had he; when C. He had not; then D.
17. –Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her? --Yes, I gave it to her _____ I saw her. A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once
18. I thought her nice and honest _____ I met her. A. first time B. for the first time C. the first time D. by the first time
19. He will have learned English for eight years by the time he _____ from the university next year. A. will graduate B. will have graduated
D. is to graduate
20. The moment the 28 A. declared
Olympic Games _____ open, the whole world cheered. C. have declared D. were declared
B. have been declared