1. correction n. 订正, 修改; 校正
e.g. He made several corrections. 他修改了几处。 under correction 在可能有错误尚待改正的情形下 e.g. I’ll speak under correction. 我所说的话未必全对, 请指正。
2. encouragement n.
① (U) 激励；奖励；促进 e.g. He received a lot of encouragement from his teacher. 老师给他很大的激励。 ② 鼓励的话或行为 e.g. The teacher’s words were a great encouragement to him. 教师的话对他是极大的鼓舞。
3. enjoyment n. ① 乐趣, 享乐 e.g. I take/get enjoyment in/from music. 我非常喜欢音乐。 ② 令人愉快的事, 乐事 e.g. Skiing is one of my enjoyments. 滑雪是我的赏心乐事之一。
4. fluency n. 流利；流畅，如： speak with fluency 说话流畅 fluent adj. 流利的, 流畅的, 善辩的，如:
speak fluent English 讲流利的英语
5. disappointed adj. 失望的，沮丧的
e.g. I was disappointed at/ in/ with the result. 我对那样的结果很失望。 I was disappointed to hear the news. 我听了这消息很失望。 6. disappointing adj. 让人失望的, 扫兴的
e.g How disappointing！ 多扫兴！
Complete the chart with the words below.
correction encouragement enjoyment explanation fluency misunderstanding progress pronunciation Noun correction encouragement enjoyment explanation Verb correct encourage enjoy explain Adjective / / enjoyable /
misundersta misunderstanding nd progress pronunciation
通过观察大家能总结出来什么？ 通过观察我们可以看出在一个词的前面 或后面加上词缀, 加在前面的叫前缀, 加 在后面的叫后缀, 就可以变成和原来动 词意思相近, 但是词性改变的词, 这种构
-ment, -tion, -able, -ing, 这些后缀加
的名词。 关于词缀还有很多, 我们会在以后 的学习中遇到。
Complete these sentences. Use a suitable form of each word in the box. You can do it with your partners.
1. He isn’t Chinese, but he’s _____ fluent in Chinese. 2. The first lesson was very enjoyable ________ ─ I liked it a lot!
3. Mr Davies gave us a lot of encouragement ____________ ─ he made us feel really good about being there. 4. I think we all made a lot of progress _______ ─ in just an hour! 5. The most important thing at the pronunciation getting the beginning is _____________, sounds right.
6. He had an interesting attitude to correction _________ ─he said it didn’t matter if we made mistakes. 7. I _____________ misunderstood the teacher ─I thought the class was for people who already speak Spanish. 8. I was a bit disappointed ─she ________ explainedeverything in English.
Listen to the tape for the first time and answer the following questions. Reminding: When you listen to the tape for the first time, you should try to get the main idea.
1. What do you think the students are doing? A. They’re talking about a Chinese lesson that they both attended. B. They’re talking about a Chinese lesson that one of them attended. C. They’re talking about different language lessons that they attended.
2. What do you think about the lessons they attended? A. They were both happy with their lessons. B. They were both disappointed with their lessons. C. One was happy but the other was disappointed.
Listen again and answer these questions.
Reminding: When you listen to the tape for the second time, you should try to get the details.
1. Is Diane studying Chinese? No, she isn’t. She’s studying Spanish. 2. Is Rob’s teacher a native speaker of Chinese? No, he isn’t, but he’s fluent in Chinese. 3. Is the assistant teacher a native speaker? Yes, she is. Her name’s Miss Wang.
4. Did the Chinese teacher encourage the students? Yes, he did. He made them feel really good. 5. Did he give the students anything to read? No, he didn’t. He said pronunciation was the most important thing at the beginning.
6. Did Diane understand the level of the class she went to? No, she didn’t. She thought it was for speakers of Spanish. 7. Was Rob disappointed with his first lesson? No, he wasn’t. He made a lot of progress.
8. Was Diane excited about her first
No, she wasn’t. She was disappointed.
Read the part of the conversation between Rob and Diane. Look for the expressions they use to keep the conversation going and underline them.
Rob: Hi, Diane!
Diane: Hi, Rob! How are you doing?
Rob: I’m fine. I’ve just been to my
first language class.
Diane: Oh really? So have I.
Rob: Really? Which language are you
Diane: Spanish. Which language are you studying? Rob: Chinese. Diane: Is that right? Cool! How was it? Rob: It was good. The teacher’s name is Mr Davies.
Diane: Mr Davies?
Rob: Yes, he isn’t Chinese, obviously, but he’s fluent in Chinese. And there’s an assistant teacher called Miss Wang. She is Chinese. We’re going to see her once a week. Diane: And what do you think? 双方对话的发展是靠互相对对方的提 问进行下去的。