一、单项填空。从 A.B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项。 1. A wise boss must be aware that sometimes a little to work harder. A. liberty 2. Don’t be A. taken off B. equality B. taken out C. bonus C.
taken away D. boom D. taken in by products promising to make you lose weight quickly . can motivate the employees
3. In a(n) _____ to help preserve history, the Greek government established a committee to undertake the professional restoration of the Acropolis. A. order 4. in his dormitory． A. On his arriving arriving at 5. It was very ________ of you to help me clean the house, or I will never finish it in such a short time. A. content B. merciful C. apparent D. considerate 6. The driver in plain clothes, was just over twenty. A. which A. can be shaped C. must have been shaped 8. There’s no doubt still unclear. A. what B. that C. how D. where 9. If someone really wants to give me a free plastic surgery, I would ______ it, because it is harmful to our body and health. A. object to B. devote to C. stick to D. contribute to a string of forceful D. turned out D. hired 10. To deal with the global financial crisis, China has measures over the past months. A. worked out A. to hire B. found out B. hiring C. made out C. in hiring 11. There is a growing tendency among employers____ part-time staff． 12. —Shall we hang out tomorrow morning? — ________ I’ll save the morning for my essay. A. Sorry, I can’t make it. C. Well, it all depends. presents.
home，the boy told his parents about all the incidents which occurred B. On his arrival C. On arrival D. On his
was extremely calm and brave in face of danger, C. when D. what
7. The handles _____ so that children can grasp them firmly. B. should be shaped D. should have been shaped 2013 will bring more change when the world economy is
B. Yes, it’s a good idea. D. No, that’s impossible.
13. _______________You can’t imagine ______when they received these nice Christmas
A. how they were excited C. how excited were they A. Finding first in China. A. that A. starred A. surprising A that factory . A. prepare for B. object to it B. it B. starring B. Found
B. how excited they were D. they were how excited C. Find D. To find
14. ___ ________out more about university courses, write to this address. 15. From 1217 to 1880, there appeared 19 No.1 Scholars in Xiuning County, ___ ranks C. which C. played C. surprised D. in which D. playing D. being surprised D where a job in this D. employ I had left my notebook C. what; struck; that D. that;
16. He likes seeing the films______ Sun Li. 17. Though_________to see us, the professor gave us a warm welcome. B. was surprised B when 18. It is helpful to put children in a situation ________ they can see themselves. C which 19. Peter has been out of work for half a year , so he wants to C. apply for to me
20. It was in half the way A. what; occurred; that hit; that
home, so I had to fetch it. This is why I was so late. B. that; occurred; that
二、完形填空。阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项。 It was a terrible day. Snow had been falling all day long making the trip I didn’t have a ___22 . I had to have my paper work handed in and then son. The snow continued to fall as we drove along for the 15-mile trip back home. I slowed the car and ___24 at my son in his heavy coat as he looked 26 25 out of the window with a blank expression. In the upon as a mentally disabled child. beautiful, kind and ever 29 28 on my own. 30 a sharp curve (弯). As we rounded it 31 jacket walking in the snow storm. 32 of the world he was looked 21 . 23 my I would rather have been in my warm home than drive along on such a cold day, but
___27 , over the years what I saw was a
soul. He had shown me more about love than I could have
I slowed the car even more as we
I saw a shivering (颤抖的), young woman in a
I pulled over and let her in. She was heading for her Mom’s house to visit her 33 . Yet, she still held out hope for a new job and tried to I took her as the 36 35 34
whom she hadn’t seen for months. She had experienced a lot of disappointments and a new life for her son and herself. as I was able to and dropped her off. She thanked me for 37 down the window and gave and I told her I wished I could have done more to help. Then as we were 38 to us as we pulled out on the road.
about to leave, my sweet son took off his coat, it to her. She put it on, smiled and
In this world we will 40
many problems and challenges. Sometimes it seems
that our entire lives are a trip down a curvy and dangerous road. Yet the power of takes us straight back to a broad smooth highway. B. funny B. choice B. look after B. laughed B. peacefully B. development B. Therefore B. sensitive B. learned B. left B. heavy B. daughter B. puzzles B. suffer B. long B. coat B. rolled B. pointed B. overcome B. love C. risky C. reason C. seek for C. stared C. sadly C. eyes C. Meanwhile C. painful C. concluded C. approached C. comfortable C. mother C. tragedies C. save C. soon C. lift C. tore C. wrote C. create C. minds A People born in the winter are more likely to suffer mental health disorders, according to a recent study carried out by researchers at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee. Researchers raised baby mice from birth to weaning（断奶） in either “summer” light cycles of 16 hours of light and eight hours of dark or “winter” cycles of eight hours of light and 16 hours of dark. A third group experienced 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark a day, Then half the winter mice stayed in a winter cycle, while half switched to a summer schedule. The summer mice were similarly split. The mice raised in equal periods of light and dark were split into three groups, one of which stayed on the 12-hour schedule, one of which joined the winter group, and one of which joined the summer subset. After 28 days, it turns out the summer-born mice behaved the same whether they stayed on the summer cycle or switched to winter. But among the winter-born mice, those stayed in winter kept their previous schedule, while those that switched to summer stayed active for an extra hour and a half, which indicates that mice born and weaned in a winter light cycle showed dramatic disruptions in their biological
21. A. smooth 22. A. change 23. A. call on 24. A. glanced 25. A. excitedly 26. A. history 27. A. However 28. A. dirty 29. A. dreamed 30. A. expected 31. A. new 32. A. son 33. A. adventures 34. A. predict 35. A. far 36. A. money 37. A. burned 38. A. cried 39. A. face 40. A. nature
D. special D. chance D. pick up D. shouted D. fearfully D. systems D. Besides D. merciful D. ignored D. discovered D. light D. father D. battles D. build D. much D. gift D. shut D. waved D. bear D. wills
三、阅读理解。阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填人空白处的最佳选项。
clocks. The finding is the first of its kind in mammals, and it could explain why people born in the winter are at higher risk for mental health disorders including bipolar depression, schizophrenia and seasonal affective disorder. “We know that the biological clock regulates mood in humans,” said study researcher McMahon. “If an imprinting mechanism（运行机制）similar to the one that we found in mice operates in humans, then it could not only have an effect on a number of behavioral disorders, but also have a more general effect on personality.” 41. How many groups of mice are there finally in all in the experiment? A. four B. five C. six D. seven 42. What's the main idea of the text? A. The biological clock regulates mood in humans. B. people born in the winter are at higher risk for physical health disorders. C. Being born in the winter has a negative effect on people's mental health. D. The length of light will influence the behavior of the mice. 43. The underlined word "split" can be replaced by A. divided B. torn C. hit ? （Line 2, Paragraph3） D. ended
44. Which group of mice has changed their behavior after the experiment? A. The group born in the winter and staying in the winter. B. The group born in the winter and switching to the summer. C. The group born in the summer and staying in the summer. D. The group born in the summer and switching to the winter. 45. Who is the appropriate reader of the passage? A. a job hunter C. a newly-married couple B February 4, 2012 saw the take-off of a new rising NBA star- Jeremy Lin. Among professional basketball players, Jeremy Lin’s background is not typical. He graduated from Harvard University, which sends few players to the NBA, and he is the only Chinese-American NBA player. But when you watch him on the court, there is no doubt that he belongs there. He moves with speed and grace that demonstrate years of faithful practice, which is fueled by a love for basketball. Lin’s enjoyment to basketball actually began in Taiwan. When Lin’s father moved to U.S., his interest in the sport only grew and he passed on this love of basketball to his son, introducing him to the game at the age of five. The young Lin spent much of his youth playing basketball for fun. In high school, Lin dreamed of playing in the NBA. When he applied for college, he was not offered a single sports scholarship. However, after his admission to Harvard ,he was offered a place on its college basketball team. During Lin’s time at Harvard, his basketball career began to speed up. He scored 1,482 points, making him one of the highest scorers in Ivy League history.
B. a student in the university D. an experienced dentist
When he graduated, no professional teams offered Lin a contract, but he was invited to play in the NBA Summer League. He played well and ended up eagerly signing a contract with the Golden State Warriors. At first, playing in professional games filled Lin with excitement. He treasured opportunities to meet players he had been watching on TV for years. But slowly, the excitement wore off and was replaced by anxiety. In a few very difficult months, he was cut by two teams before the New York Knicks picked him up. But he had the courage and determination to stick to his dream, so he put himself into hard training to get ready for his opportunity to come, Then his moment arrived on February4, 2012,on which his excellent performance made him famous overnight.Aftet that,he led the Knicks to their fifth straight victory. The Associated Press called Lin “the most surprising story in the NBA.” Knicks fans developed the nickname for him “linsanity”（林发疯）.Time magazine released its 2012 list of the 100“Most Influential People in the World”, Jermy Lin included. 46. What might be the author’s purpose in writing the text? A. To make readers interested in great basketball players. B. To praise Jeremy Lin for his skills and determination. C. To list Lin’s wonderful performances in NBA team. D. To give a brief introduction to Lin’s road to an outstanding basketball player. 47. Which of the following is of little help in Lin’s success? A. His graduation from Harvard University C. His years of hardwork A. worked out B. rose up C. died away B. His father’s influence D. His devotion to basketball D. kept up
48. What does the underlined phrase “wore off” in Paragraph7 probably mean? 49. Which of the following is TRUE of Jeremy Lin? A. Lin learned to play basketball when he was eight. B. Lin is the most outstanding player in NBA. C. Lin’s career for professional games was a great success at first. D. Before Lin there was no Chinese-American NBA players. 50. Which is the right order for Lin’s life? a. He made an excellent performance on Feb,4. b. He was fired by the Golden State Warriors. c. He was invited to play in the NBA Summer League. d. He graduated from Harvard University. e. He became famous overnight. A. a,d,c,b,e B. d,c,b,a,e C China_is_going_green. In order to reduce air pollution and oil?shortages, automobile manufacturers have announced their plans to develop hybrid vehicles (混 合燃料汽车) for the Chinese market. Toyota's hybrid car Prius will be ready to drive in China this week. Let's have a look at the new car.
Any vehicle is a hybrid when it combines two or more sources of power. Hybrid cars run off a rechargeable battery and gasoline. Hybrid cars have special engines, which are smaller than traditional gasoline engines. They run at 99 percent of their power when the car is cruising (匀速行驶). A specially designed battery motor provides extra power for running up hills or when extra acceleration is needed. Step into a Prius, and turn on the engine. The first thing you notice is how much quieter it is than a traditional car. At this point, the car's gasoline engine is dormant (休眠). The electric motor will provide power until the car reaches about 24 km/h. If you stay at a low speed, you are effectively driving an electric car, with no gasoline being used, and no waste gas gives off. The onboard(车载的) computer makes the decision about when to use a gas engine, when to go electric, and when to use a combination of the two. If you go over 24 km/h, when you step on the gas pedal (油门), you are actually telling the computer how fast you want to go. The electronic motor recharges automatically using a set of batteries. When driving at high speed, the gasoline engine not only powers the car, but also charges the batteries. Any time you use the brake, the electric motor in the wheels will work like a generator and produce electricity to recharge the batteries. As a consequence, the car's batteries will last for around 200,000 miles. 51. The author writes this passage mainly to________. A. teach people how to drive a hybrid car B. introduce a new kind of “green” car C. show how to save their gasoline when driving a car D. announce plans to develop hybrid vehicles for China 52. The first sentence probably refers to ________. A. there will be more and more green land in China B. China is still young and lacking experience C. China's new cars are combinations of different green models D. China has started producing environmentally friendly cars 53. Which of the followings is NOT true? A. The hybrid cars reduce air pollution and oil?shortages. B. The car's gasoline engine doesn't work until it reaches about 24 km/h. C. This kind of car is completely controlled by an onboard computer. D.A specially designed battery motor provides extra power when needed. 54. What is the most important feature of hybrid cars? A. They are powered by both a rechargeable battery and gasoline. B. They are much quieter than traditional cars. C. They only use 99 percent of their power to run up hills. D. They have smaller engines than traditional gasoline ones. D BEIJING—Pharmacologist Tu Youyou has become the first scientist on the mainland
to win America's respected Lasker Award for her discovery of a new approach to malaria (疟疾) treatment. The 81?year?old was presented with the medical prize by the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation on September 23, 2011 in New York. Tu, a scientist at the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences in Beijing, was praised by the jury (评判委员会) for her “drug therapy (治疗) for malaria that has saved millions of lives across the globe, especially in the developing world ，” according to a statement on the foundation's website. In early 1969, Tu was appointed head of a government project that aimed to eradicate(消灭) malaria, and it was then that she began applying modern techniques with Chinese traditional medicine to find drug therapy for malaria. After detecting (检测) 380 extracts (提取物) made from 2,000 candidate recipes, Tu and her colleagues obtained a pure substance called “Qinghaosu”， which became known as artemisinin in 1972. An artemisinin?based drug combination is now the standard regimen (养生法) for malaria, and the World Health Organization lists artemisinin and related agents in its catalog of “Essential Medicines”， said a statement from the foundation. The Lasker Awards are given annually to people who have made major advances in the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of human diseases since 1945. Lasker Awards are known as “America's Nobels” for their knack (熟练技术) of gaining future recognition by the Nobel committee. In the last two decades, 28 Lasker laureates (得奖者) have gone on to receive the Nobel Prize, and 80 since 1945. 55.Which of the following statements about Tu Youyou is FALSE? A. She is the first scientist on the mainland to win America's respected Lasker Award. B. She is a scientist at the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences in Beijing. C. She is the first scientist in the world to win America's respected Lasker Award. D. She began applying modern techniques with Chinese traditional medicine to find drug therapy for malaria in 1969. 56. Lasker Award is awarded by ________. A. New York Foundation C. Chinese Medical Sciences B. the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation D. Albert and Mary
57.What's the influence about Tu Youyou's “drug therapy for malaria”？ A. It has surprised the people in the world. B. It has reduced malaria. C. It applied modern techniques with Chinese traditional medicine. D. It has saved millions of lives across the globe, especially in the developing world. 58. What's the main idea of the passage? A. Tu Youyou won Lasker Award for malarial drug discovery.
B. An American won Lasker Award for malarial drug discovery. C. Americans founded the Lasker Foundation. D. Tu Youyou discovered artemisinin. E Ask savvy investors(投资者) how they learned their first lessons about money, and they'll probably tell you lessons their parents taught them. The money values we learn as children stay with us the rest of our lives. If you are a parent, teaching your children the value of saving and investing will benefit them the rest of their lives. Here's what you can do： Help your child begin to save. Open savings accounts for your children, and teach them how the bank adds interest to their savings that makes their money grow. Encourage your children to save a little from every bit of money they receive, such as allowances, birthday gifts, etc. You may even want to set up a matching program, contributing fifty cents for each dollar your child saves. Teach your child about stocks( 股票 ). A child in elementary school can start learning about how businesses work. Once your child understands the basics, ask him or her to think about some of the businesses that might be good stock investments. Then use Morningstar Mutual Fund Guide(available at your library)to find a quality mutual fund that holds some of these companies, or a mutual fund that caters to children such as the Stein Roe Young Investor Fund. Many funds accept regular monthly investments as low as $50 a month, so these funds can be a good way to teach children about the stock market while saving for their college education. Encourage early IRA(个人退休金账户)saving. The new Roth IRA is a great way for children who are working in summers or after school to begin saving for their future. Imagine how much money you'd have today if you had saved $3,000 a year since you were a teenager! Let your kids handle their own money. We all learn by doing, so letting your kids manage a segment of their budget( 预 算 )will let them earn valuable financial lessons.They may make mistakes, but they will be small mistakes that may help them avoid larger mistakes as adults. 60. Which would be the best title for this passage? A. Why to Teach Your Children to Save B. How to Teach Your Children to Save C. Tips for Saving for Children D. Start Good Saving Habits Early 61. A matching program means ________. A. that you should set a good example to your children B. that you should provide enough money for children so that they can save some C. that you encourage your children to compete with each other in saving D. that you encourage your children by giving some extra money for them to save 62. According to the author, you should teach your children about investment when
he/she is ________. A. in the kindergarten C. in middle school 4. Fund? A. It is usually with high benefits. B. It accepts regular monthly investments. C. It accepts small investments as low as $50 a month. D. It caters to children who can afford small investments. 四、语法填空 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的 正确形式。 Nowadays, it is common that more and more high school students open their own micro blogs on the Internet. For one thing, it can provide a colorful platform to show their talent. For 63 , it is a useful way to release their pressure. And all these make it more and more popular with high school students. 64 many parents and teachers hold a different view. They think that managing one ’ s micro blog will take a lot of time and energy, 65 should be used to study. In my view, I am greatly in favor 66 this activity. Today the Internet is playing 67 important and essential role in our life. Therefore as high school students of the Information Age, we need to learn to make use of this 68 (value) tool to communicate and display ourselves. What’s more, opening and organizing micro blogs need various abilities such 69 writing, designing, being skillful at computer and so on. Only if we master those abilities can we make a successful micro blog. As a result, we improve ourselves while 70