广西南宁市第八中学 2015-2016 学年高一英语下学期期中段考试题
第Ⅰ卷 第一部分 第一节 听下面 5 段对话，每段会话后有个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上的相应位置将该项涂黑。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每 段对话读两遍。 1. What is the man going to d
o this weekend? A. Watch TV. 2. What does the man want? A. A hamburger. A. This Sunday. A. Chinese. A. France. 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A 、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并在答题卡上的相应位置将该项涂黑。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各小题，每小题 5 秒 钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第六段材料回答第 6~7 小题。 6. What does the man want? A. A book A. At 3:00 pm. 听第七段材料回答第 8~9 小题。 8. What’s wrong with the woman? A. She has a fever. 9.Where will the woman go? A. The library. 听第八段材料回答第 10~12 小题。 10.When does the conversation take place? A. The library. 11.What will the woman buy? A. A dress. A. Blue. 听第九段材料回答第 13~15 小题。 B. A coat. C. A watch. C. White. 12.What color does the woman want? B. Red. B. The park. C. Her home. B. The park. C. Her home. B. She has a toothache. C. She has her leg broken. B. A bike. B. At 4:00 pm. C. A ticket. 7. When does the man’s train leave? C. At 5:00 pm. B. A cup of tea. B. This Saturday. B. Japanese. B. America. C. A glass of milk. C. This Friday. C. English. C. Australia. 3. When will the two speakers go to see a film? 4. What is the man interested in? 5. Where did the man go last month? B. Play football. C. Do some reading. 听力（共两节，满分 30 分）
13.Which season is it? A. Winter. A. Go for an outing. A. Next Thursday. 听第十段材料回答第 16~20 小题。 16.Who is speaking to the visitors? A. A teacher. A. London. A. About 5 million. A. Friendly and helpful. A. The Chinatown. B. A guide. B. Paris. B. About 6 million. B. Busy and healthy. B. The British Museum. C. A policeman. C. New York. C. About 7 million. C. Happy and rich. C. Windsor Castle. 17. Which city will the visitors arrive in? 18.What is the population of the city? 19.What does the speaker think of the peo ple of the city? 20.Which place does the speaker suggest? B. Summer. B. Go shopping. C. Spring. C. Go swimming. C. Next Saturday. 14. What do the two speakers want to do? 15.When will the woman come back？ B. Next Friday.
第二部分 阅读理解（共两 2 节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A Captain Goodfellow Do your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Goodfellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all ages at the City Theatre on Saturday morning at 10:00, free. Walking Tour of the Town Forget your worries on Saturday morning. Take a beautiful walk and learn about its history. Meet at the front entrance of City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes! Films at the Museum Two European films will be shown Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. See Broken Window at 1:30. The workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 4987898. International Picnic Are you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 pm. Do You Want to Hear “The Zoo” “The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first US concert tomorrow night at 8:00 at Rose Hall, City College. 21. You can see movies at ________. A．the City CollegeB．the Museum Theatre C．the City Theatre D．the Central Park
22. “The Zoo” is __________. A. a park with lots of animals there C. a music group A．Special Events This Weekend C．Come And Play With Us B. a US concert D. an interesting event B．Have Fun With Us D．How To Arrange Your Holidays B There was an old woman who liked to bake(烘焙) cookies. She didn’t have anyone to share them with, so she just gave them away to the children in the neighborhood. This went on for several years and the cookies became quite popular, especially at Christmas time. The parents began to like the cookies as much as the children did, and the old woman’s kitchen became very busy, so the children came to help. Then one Christmas the old woman became ill. There were no cookies, and there was no money to pay the doctor. The children were very sad. Later they had a bright idea, that is, to bake cookies from the old woman’s recipe(食谱). So the children started a cookie store. Soon they had a very good cookie business, with money to pay the doctor as well as to put in the bank. After the old woman got well, she was asked to be the manager of the store, selling special cookies for all the holidays of the year. After the old woman died, the children, now grown up, kept the cookie business alive in her name. Maybe life is like a Christmas cookie. The more you share it with your friends, the more you are likely to enjoy it. 24. What did the old woman like to do? A. Buy cookies. B. Bake cookies. C. Sell cookies. D. Eat cookies. 25. The children came to help the old woman because_______. A. their parents wanted them to do so C. they didn’t like to go to school A. left her alone C. took turns to look after her A. be the manager of the cookie store C. share the cookies with others C People are always afraid of making mistakes. But sometimes it is not bad to make mistakes, and here is why. First of all, mistakes are a clear sign that you are trying n ew things. It’s always good to try new things because when you are trying new things you are growing. If you never try new things, how can you improve？How can you create? The simple answer is, “You can’t.” Look around you. Everything you see is the result of someone trying new things. Another good thing about mistakes is this: when you are making mistakes, you are learning. B. they wanted to start a cookie store D. the old woman’s kitchen became very busy B. baked cookies for her to eat D. baked and sold the cookies to pay the doctor B. give the cookies away to the poor D. sell the recipe of making cookies
23. The best title of this passage is ________.
26. When the old woman was ill, the children ________.
27. After the old woman got well, she was asked to ______.
Consider this: Edison failed 10,000 times before he invented the light bulb. When he was asked how he felt after having failed so many times, he claimed that he hadn’t failed 10,000 times, but had learned 10,000 things that didn’t work. Finally, when you make a mistake, you are much closer to your goal. Why? Because you have said what you should say, and you have done what you should do. Every time you make a mistake, you are closer to your goal. But it doesn’t mean that you can make mistakes without thinking. Instead, when you try new things, you have to think them over so that you can keep away from some unnecessary mistakes. As the old saying goes, “If you are not making mistakes, you are not trying hard enough.” So go bravely and make mistakes. And learn. And grow. And succeed. 28. When you are trying new things, __________. A. you are ca reful B. you’re kind C. you’re growing D. you know nothing 29. After he failed 10,000 times, Edison _______. A. gave up his experiment C. set up a new laboratory A. said B. shouted B. invented the light bulb D. made 10,000 new things C. required D. cried B. When to correct mistakes. D. How to correct mistakes.
30. The underlined word “claimed” probably means _______. 31. What is the main idea of the text? A. It’s not bad to make mistakes sometimes. C. It’s not good to make mistakes sometimes. D Elizabeth Blackwell was born in England in 1821, and moved to New York City when she was ten years old. One day she decided that she wanted to become a doctor. That was nearly impossible for a woman in the middle of the nineteenth century. After writing many letters asking for admission(录取) to medical schools, she was finally accepted by a doctor in Philadelphia. She was so determined that she taught school and gave music lessons to get money for the cost of schooling. In 1849, after graduation from medical school. she decided to further her education in Paris. She wanted to be a surgeon(外科医师) , but a serious eye problem forced her to give up the idea. Upon returning to the United States, she found it difficult to start her own practice because she was a woman. By 1857 Elizabeth and her sister, also a doctor, along with another woman doctor, managed to open a new hospital, the first for women and children Besides being the first woman physician and founding her own hospital , she also set up the first medical school for women. 32. What main obstacle(障碍) almost destroyed Elizabeth’s chances for becoming for a doctor? A. She was a woman. B. She wrote too many letters. C. She couldn’t graduate from medical school. D. She couldn’t set up her hospital. 33. How many years passed between her graduation from medical school and the opening of her hospital?
A. Eight years
B. Ten years
C. Nineteen years
D. Thirty-six years
34. According to the passage, all of the following are “firsts” in the life of Elizabeth Blacekwell, except that she ______. A. became the first woman physician B. was the first woman doctor C. and several other women founded the first hospital for women and children D. set up the first medical school for women 35. Eilzabeth Blackwell spent most of her life in _______. A. England B. Paris C. the United States D. New York City 第二节 （共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，选项中有两项为多余选项。 Although the price of the ticket to Disney World is high, lots of visitors are willing to visit it. In Disney World, you can speak to Disney characters, sing with them and even eat with them. 36 . 37 If you buy tickets in advance, you won’t have to wait ● Book tickets in advance. long at the ticket office. ● Get there early. You’d better get there early so that you can get on your favorite rides before it gets too crowded. ● Free water. Maybe it sounds silly, but any of the drink stands will gladly pour you a big cup of ice water for free. ● Pay for your dinner. like to choose. ● Don’t miss the chance to meet your favorite characters. If your kids love meeting characters, check their routes carefully. In Disney World, you can find a map showing where they are. ● 40 39 You can park your car for free. It means that you don’t need to pay any money for 38 The money you will pay depends on which character you would
parking your car. A. Free parking. B. Go home late. C.. Here are some tips for visiting the Disney World. D. You can play football there. E. You can buy tickets online or at a Disney store. F. It’s an easy way to find your favorite character. G. You need to pay for the dinner you eat with Disney characters. 第三部分 英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 45） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，撑握其大意，然后从 4 l 一 60 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选 项，并在答题纸上将选项标号涂黑。 As I held my father’s hands one night, I couldn’t help but notice their calluses(老茧） and roughness. His hands tell the story of his life as a 41 ,including all his struggles.
One summer, I remember, a drought (旱灾）hit Ontario, turning it into a one of those hot mornings I was picking sweet corn with my dad to fill the last grocery store. Fifty dozen was all we needed, which however, the process didn’t we Dad re 49 51 46 48 44
desert. On from the
took twenty minutes. That morning, 47 .Dropping the basket
45 quickly. After forty minutes of aimlessly walking in the field,
needed twenty dozen. I was completely frustrated and
heavily, I declared, “If the store wants its last twenty dozen, they can pick it themselves.” .“Just think, my little girl, only ten dozen left for each of us and then we’ .” Such is Dad----whatever problem he 52 50 ,he never gives up. 53 to be grateful for other 54 Dad and his , the disastrous effects of the drought were felt all over our county. It was a Dad remained optimistic. He
challenging time for everyone,
things like good health and food on our plate. Only then did I truly begin to faith that guided us through the hard times. Dad is also a living example of real to 56 me on at my sports games Dad，the life 41． 42． 43． 44． 45． 46． 47． 48． 49． 50． 51． 52． 53． 54． 55． 56． 57． 58． 59． 60． A．teacher A．stormy A．order A．repeatedly A．go A．yet A．surprised A．apologized A．lost A．meets with A．Thankfully A．or A．happened A．face A．love A．support A．after A．in spite of A．careful A．history 60 58 55
.From dawn to dusk, he works countless hours 57 59 his own, and never fails to cheer putting others first.
our family. He always puts our happiness
his exhaustion(疲劳) after long days. His loving and selfless
nature has inspired me to become more sympathetic and teacher, friend and, most importantly, my hero. B．gardener B．lively B．form B．usually B．begin B．still B．nervous B．cried B．done B．brings up B．Hopefully B．for B．seemed B．appreciate B．pride B．settle B．before B．in terms of B．regretful B．motto 第 II 卷
I have learned from you will stay with me forever. You are my father, C．farmer C．disappearing C．gap C．finally C．occur C．even C．angry C．complained C．gone C．works out C．Unfortunately C．so C．continued C．examine C．friendship C．start C．beside C．in control of C．considerate C．patterns D．grocer D．burning D．position D．really D．change D．nearly D．frightened D．laughed D．touched D．thinks about D．Strangely D．but D．aimed D．question D．honesty D．impress D．under D．in place of D．humorous D．lessons
第二节 （共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当内容（1 词）或括号内单词的正确形式（最多 2 词） Mary will ever forget the first time she saw him. He suddenly appeared in class one day, 61.___________( wear ) sun glasses. He walked in as if he 62.___________(buy) the school , And the word quickly got around that he was from New York City . For some reason he sat beside Mary. Mary felt 63.____________ (please), because there were many empty seats in the room. But she quickly realized that it wasn’t her, it was probably the fact that she sat in 64._____________ last row. 65.______________ he thought he could escape attention by sitting at the back ,he was wrong . It might have made it a little 66.______________( hard ) for everybody because it meant they had to turn around ,but that didn’t stop the kids in the class. Of course whenever they turned to look at him, they had to look at Mary,67.____________made her feel like a star . “Do you need those glasses for medical reasons ?” the teacher asked .The new boy shook his head.” Then I’d appreciate it if you didn’t wear them in class. I like to look at your eyes when I’m speaking to you.” The new boy looked at the teacher 68.___________ a few seconds and all the other students wondered 69.___________ the boy would do .Then he took 70.____________off, gave a big smile and said “That is cool." 第四部分 写作 （共两 2 节 满分 35）
第一节 短文改错（10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处语言错误, 每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意 : 1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词; 2.只允许修改 10 处,多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 Last summer vacation, my parents and I go to the countryside to visit my uncle. It took us three hour to get there by car. After having lunch on my uncle’s, we went fishing in the river near her house. I was very exciting because I caught a lot of fish there. The next day, we decided to ride bikes around village. The village was very beautiful but we were very relaxed. Then we had a picnic in a park that many children were flying kites. The country life was very peacefully. I hope that I can go to there again next year.
第二节 书面表达 （满分 25 分） 假如你是李华， 你远在美国的笔友 Jack 对中国的传统节日很感兴趣，他来信询问春节有关情况。请
你回复： 1） 简单介绍春节 2） 春节的时间 3） 中国人如何过春节的 4） 你对春节的态度 要求：1.词数：120 左右 2.email 的开头与结尾已给出，不计入总词数。 Dear Jack, I am glad to tell you something about Chinese Spring Festival. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ Regards! Yours, Li Hua
2015-2016 学年下高一英语段考答案 听力：1~5 CBACB 阅读：21-23 BCA 36-40 CEGFA 完形：41-45 CDABA 46-50 BCDBA 语 法 填 空 61:wearing 51-55 CDCBA 56-60 ABACD 62:had 68:for bought 69:what 70:them 63:pleased 64:the 65:If 6~10 CBACA 11~15 ABCAB 16~20 BACAB
24-27 BDDA 28-31 CBAA 32-35 AABC
66:harder 67:which 改错
书面表达 Dear Jack , I am glad to tell you something about Chinese Spring Festival. As you know , the Spring Festival is the most important festival in China ,just like Christmas in the west . It falls on the last day of the lunar year and lasts until the Lantern Festival. When the Spring Festival is drawing near / approaching , people clean and decorate their houses to welcome the New Year . On New Year’s Eve people usually get together to watch annual Spring Festival Gala Evening on TV while eating delicious food . During the festival people go from house to ho use to pay a visit to their relatives and friends. As a child , I like the Spring Festival very much because I can set off fireworks and get pocket money from my parents and relatives as well. How do you like the Spring Festival? I am looking forward to hearing from you.