实验高中 2015 年秋季高三年级 12 月月考 英语试题
第一部分听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读
下 一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What’s the homework for next Tuesday? A. Reading the textbook. B. Writing a composition. C. Listening to some radio programs. 2. What does the man want? A. Two single tickets. B. Two return tickets. C. One single ticket. 3. What is the woman most probably? A. A teacher. B. A coach. C. An athlete. 4. What does the man ask the woman to do tomorrow morning? A. Phone John. B. Remember John. C. Remind him to ring John. 5. Where are the speakers probably? A. In a hospital. B. In a shop. C. In a hotel. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话 或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三 个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读 各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读 两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Which car does the man like? A. The blue one. B. The green one. C. The black one. 7. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Wait for some time. B. Buy a new car. C. Fix his old car. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What does Mary ask Jack to do? A. Give her a job. B. Read an application letter. C. Raise her salary. 9. What can we learn about Jack? A. He is very helpful. B. He is very selfish. C. He is a man of few words.
听第 8 段材料,回答第 10 至 12 题 。 10. What will some American friends do this evening? A. Have a party. B. Visit the man. C. Have a walk. 11. What’s wrong with the man? A. He has a stomachache. B. His leg hurts. C. he has a headache. 12. Whom is the man going to write to? A. His friend. B. His parents. C. His cousin. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What class won’t Maggie take this term? A. Science. B. Art. C. English. 14. How many classes will the boy take this term? A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. 15. What will the boy do probably? A. Work as a waiter. B. Drive a taxi. C. Work at a gas station. 16. What does the boy want to be in the future? A. A driver. B. A pilot. C. A doctor. 听第 10 段材料 ,回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What time is it now? A. 7 : 00 am. B. 8 : 00 am. C. 7 : 00 pm. 18. What will the weather be like this afternoon? A. Rainy. B. Sunny. C. Snowy. 19. What’s the highest temperature this afternoon? A. About seventy-two. B. About eighty-two. C. About eighty-five. 20. Which day is good for swimming according to the speaker? A. Friday. B. Saturday. C. Sunday. 第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。 A Welcome to the Electronic Village to explore new ways of language teaching and learning. Electronic Village Program (Thursday, June 18,2015) Nearpod TEO ◇ 9:00 am to 10:00 am ◇ 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm ◇ Room 501 ◇ Room 502 Nearpod is a software program that Our students come from different backgrounds but have creates a rich context( 语 境 ) for the same desire to learn on-line. The presenter will use students to learn vocabulary. The examples from his first on-line class to explain how any presenter will show how to use it. teacher can begin teaching on-line with TEO. Kahoot Prezi ◇ 10:30 am to 11:00 am ◇ 3:00 pm to 4:20 pm ◇ Room 601 ◇ Room 602
Kahoot software can be used to create Uses of Prezi in listening and speaking courses draw grammar tests which can be graded on students’ attention to speaking more fluently. The a network. It can provide students with presenter will show how students can use Prezi to instant feedback( 反 馈 ), including confidently present on a variety of topics, including reports about their strengths and introducing family, friends, and hobbies. weaknesses. 21. Nearpod can be used to . A. offer grammar tests B. teach listening on-line C. help vocabulary learning D. gain fluency in speaking 22. If you want to improve your speaking skills, you can go to . A. Room 501 B. Room 502 C. Room 601 D. Room 602 23. Which of the following can assess your grammar learning? A. Nearpod. B. Kahoot. C. TEO. D. Prezi. 24. A teacher who wants to learn on-line teaching is expected to arrive by . A. 9:00 am B. 10:30 am C. 2:00 pm D. 3:30 pm B Across Britain, burnt toast will be served to mothers in bed this morning as older sons and daughters rush to deliver their supermarket bunches of flowers. But, according to a new study, we should be placing a higher value on motherhood all year. Mothers have long known that their home workload was just as heavy as paid work. Now, the new study has shown that if they were paid for their parental labours, they would earn as much as ?172,000 a year. The study looked at the range of jobs mothers do, as well as the hours they are working, to determine the figure. This would make their yearly income ?30,000 more than the Prime Minister earns. By analyzing the numbers, it found the average mother works 119 hours a week, 40 of which would usually be paid at a standard rate 79 hours as overtime. After questioning 1,000 mothers with children under 18, it found that, on most days, mums started their routine work at 7 am and finished at around 11 pm. To calculate just how much mothers would earn from that labour, it suggested some of the roles that mums could take on, including housekeeper, part-time lawyer, personal trainer and entertainer. Being a part-time lawyer, at ?48,98 an hour, would prove to be the most profitable of the “mum jobs”, with psychologist(心理学家) a close second. It also asked mothers about the challenges they face, with 80 per cent making emotional(情 感的) demand as the hardest thing about motherhood. Over a third of mums felt they needed more training and around half said they missed going out with friends. The study shows mothers matter all year long and not just on Mother ’s Day. The emotional, physical and mental energy mothers devote to their children can be never-ending, but children are also sources of great joy and happiness. Investing(投入) in time for parenting and raising relationships is money well spent.
25. How much would a mother earn a year if working as the Prime Minister? A. ?30,000. B. ?142,000. C. ?172,000. C. ?202,000. 26. The biggest challenge for most mothers is from . A. emotional demand B. low pay for work C. heavy workload D. lack of training 27. What is stressed in the last paragraph? A. mothers’ importance shows in family all year long. B. The sacrifices mothers make are huge but worthwhile. C. Mothers’ devotion to children can hardly be calculated. D. Investing time in parenting would bring a financial return. 28. What can we conclude from the study? A. Mothers’ working hours should be largely reduced. B. Mothers should balance their time for work and rest. C. Mothers’ labour is of a higher value than it is realized. D. Mothers should be freed from housework for social life. C It was such an extremely freezing day that I decided to get a cup of hot drinking first after work. As my colleague, Ricky, and I were making our way to a coffee shop, I noticed an old gentleman rather poorly dressed sitting on a bench nearby. Obviously he was frozen, seemingly one of the homeless or someone like that. We joined the line and waited to be served. Ricky handed the server a twenty-dollar bill, ordered three cups of hot coffee, and gestured the sever to give one to the old gentleman outside on the bench as a favour. The server looked at Ricky, a little perplexed, without full comprehension of the request. Afterwards, there was a wonderful exchange between the server and the old man in need of some attention. I only wished I had taken a photo of the smiles on the both faces. As I was thinking about this event later on, I wondered to myself why Ricky didn’t perform this act of kindness himself. I suspect that deep down in his heart he was hoping that this act of kindness might inspire others to do something for this old man as well. Absolutely beautiful! There are many ways of thinking when we met someone as the old man in need of kindness and attention. Perhaps he needs a little helping hand and thanks God for my colleague who inspired the others to goodness as well. Oh, by the way, the last words Ricky told the server was, “There go I, but for the Grace of God.” 29. What was the author’s impression of the old gentleman? A. He was a greedy man. B. He took on a sign of poor manners. C. He was in poor health. D. He needed some kind of human care. 30. The underlined word “perplexed” in the second paragraph probably means “ ”. A. annoyed B. confused C. embarrassed D. determined 31. Why didn’t Ricky give the favour to the old gentleman himself? A. He didn’t know the old gentleman. B. He was too shy to speak to strangers. C. He tried to influence others to be kind. D. He feared the old man would refuse his help.
32. What the author really thinks absolutely beautiful is that . A. an act of kindness could go widespread B. a cup of coffee could warm the old man C. the server was very kind to customers D. Ricky had created a good impression D Five years after they disappeared, lost jewels belonging to the wife of a US ambassador to the Netherlands were found. Dawn Arnall had already received an insurance payout for her loss. However, the misplaced gems had been found and held for safe keeping by a hotel she stayed in. staff were unaware that the jewels were worth $ 9m. The world is full of forgetful people. A man in the English town of Reading even left a sausage casserole in a bus. The dish ended up in the Lost Property Office until it was recovered by his mother, eager for her dinner. A walker in the Lake District had his food in his mouth but … what about his teeth? After climbing a hill in 2007, David Packer stopped for a chocolate bar. He took his false teeth out, wrapped them up in a tissue and just forgot about them. It took more than a year for the walker to be reunited with them. Over the past 78 years passengers on London’s transport network have left behind items including human skulls and gas masks from World War II. Since 1934, staff have handled an average of 200 000 items a year. Recently they have used computers to try to track down their owners. But if you find something and can’t locate the rightful owner, is it finders keepers? It depends on what’s found and how, says John Spencer, professor of law at the University of Cambridge. “If you pick up a coin, you can keep it unless you saw someone drop it, as you wouldn’t be able to find the owner by taking reasonable steps.” If it’s a larger sum, you should report it to the police but if the item has been abandoned, the property is yours. One man’s loss is another man’s gain! 33. Dawn Arnall is mentioned in the first two paragraphs to . A. attract readers’ attention to the jewellery B. introduce the topic C. make a summary D. get people think 34. Judging from the examples given in the third, fourth and fifth paragraphs, people can be . A. generous B. experienced C. forgettable D. honest 35. What does the underlined part in the sixth paragraph mean? A. It depends on the law whether to keep something you find. B. One man’s loss is another man’s loss too. C. It’s immoral to keep something that doesn’t belong to you. D. Whoever finds something can keep it. 第二节（共 5 小题：每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）
根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多 余选项。 Four Ways to Beat Summer Weight Gain When we think of summer, most of us think of outdoor fun. So it seems like we should naturally lose weight over the summer. In reality, summer isn’t all beach volleyball and water sports. Therefore, we can gain weight easily in the summer. 36 Here are four ways to beat summer weight gain. 1. 37 When we don’t have a plan, it’s easy to spend summer moving from the couch to the computer, with regular stops at the fridge. Avoid this by aiming for a specific goal, like volunteering or mastering a new skill. Just be sure to plan for some downtime so you can relax a little! 2. Stay busy. When we’re bored, it’s easy to fall into a trap of doing nothing and then feeling low on energy. In addition to helping you avoid the cookie jar, getting loads of stuff to do can give you a sense of accomplishment. 38 . 3. Beat the heat. Don’t let summer heat put your exercise plans on hold. 39 if a gym isn’t your scene, try howling or an indoor climbing wall. If you love being outdoors, try swimming or a regular run in the early morning or evening. 4. 40 with school out, we lose our daily routines. If you don’t have a specific job or an activity to get up for, it’s easy to sleep late, watch too much TV, and snack more than usual. Make sure your summer days have some structure – like getting up at the same time each day. Plan activities for specific times, like exercising before breakfast. A. Stick to a schedule. B. Get going with goals. C. Relax by walking outside. D. Move your workout indoors. E. We usually stay at home in summer. F. That’s especially true if a dream summer job falls through. G. However, it’s easy to avoid this problem if we know what to look out for. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选 （A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空 白处的了佳选项。 For most of the eight years they have been married, Ryan has never received a hug from his wife, Tracy. He has not even received a 41 “hello” or a smile. Tracy has been 42 since 2008. But this is not a story about the 43 outcome of a young lady. Rather, it is about a man who has stayed 44 to his wife, nursing her night and day, making sure she is as 45 as possible. Ryan and Tracy 46 in a friend’s home in 2003. “She was beautiful and interesting to talk to,” Ryan says of his first 47 of Tracy. In 2005, they got married and were very happy. However, a call put the couple’s life in 48 a month after their daughter was born. Ryan was
at work when a neighbor called to inform him that Tracy had been 49 to the hospital. 50 , he ran to the hospital. When he got there, he knew his 51 had been treated for fever. However, the fever did not 52 after Tracy received that medical treatment. Tracy’s breathing became labored and was 53 to speak. The medical examination 54 she developed an infection damaging her nerve system. Tracy went into a coma(昏迷) and a few days later, though she regained consciousness, she 55 could not move her lower legs. “She was admitted to hospital for four months and 56 doctors did all they could, her 57 got worse,” Ryan says. She could no longer 58 her legs, and lost the ability to give voices. “Those four months are the most 59 time I have ever had. I have never stopped hoping and praying she will regain her 60 ,” Ryan says with a smile, “I miss her laughter, and wonder what kind of a mother she would be to our daughter.” 41. A. happy B. simple C. different D. basic 42. A. weak B. alone C. ill D. cruel 43. A. magic B. exciting C. unexpected D. sad 44. A. true B. strange C. rude D. useful 45. A. comfortable B. special C. safe D. conscious 46. A. married B. stayed C. met D. worked 47. A. impression B. expression C. discussion D. attention 48. A. danger B. trouble C. surprise D. silence 49. A. dashed B. rushed C. pushed D. carried 50. A. Angry B. Confident C. Anxious D. Proud 51. A. daughter B. friend C. neighbor D. wife 52. A. slow down B. go down C. look down D. burn down 53. A. ready B. eager C. unwilling D. unable 54 A. revealed B. repeated C. agreed D. admitted 55. A. even B. instead C. still D. again 56. A. though B. after C. since D. when 57. A. attitude B. examination C. condition D. pain 58. A. clean B. remove C. touch D. move 59. A. wonderful B. difficult C. ridiculous D. important 60. A. position B. power C. confidence D. health
efforts to run away, she 66 (fall) over the hill and died. Then the Johnsons had to make a living 67 the cow. In order to support his family, Mr. Johnson began to plant herbs and vegetables. Since the plants took a while to grow, he started cutting down trees 68 (sell) the wood. Thinking about his children’s clothes, he started growing cotton too. When harvest came around, he was already selling herbs, vegetables and cotton in the market 69 people from the towns met regularly. Now it occurred to 70 that his farm had much potential and that the death of the cow was a bit of luck. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中 共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ ） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词， 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Li Hua has been living in the city with his parents after he was born. During the past Spring Festival, his parents take him back to their hometown in the countryside for the first time, it made them all happy, especially his grandparents. He enjoyed staying with his grandparents as well as ran in the open air. He took a lot of pictures of the things that seemed strangely and new. He shared his pictures with his friends in the city on Internet. They showed great interest in one of the picture, arguing that he must be about a new kind of hamburger they hadn’t tasted yet. Some friends wouldn’t wait any longer and called on him for answer. After answered several calls, Li Hua quit their QQ group. 第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 假定你是李华，计划和同学去敬老院（nursing home）陪老人们过重阳节（the Double Ninth Festival） 。请给外教露西写封邮件，邀她一同前往，内容包括： 1、出发及返回时间； 2、活动：包饺子、表演节目等。 注意：1、词数 100 左右； 2、可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3、结语已为你写好。 Dear Lucy,
第 II 卷
第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第二节 （共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 Mr. Johnson lived in the woods with his wife and children. He owned 61 farm, which looked almost abandoned. 62 (lucky), he also had a cow which produced milk every day. He sold or exchanged some of the milk in the towns nearby 63 other food and made cheese and butter for the family with what 64 (leave). The cow was their only means of support, in fact. One day, the cow was eating grass 65 it began to rain heavily. While making great
____________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________ Looking forward to your reply.
Yours, Li Hua
1—20 CACCB CABAC CBAAB CABCB 21. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】C 【解析】 根据对 Nearpod 的介绍中的 creates a rich context for students to learn vocabulary 可知，该软件主要是帮学生学习词汇，尤其是帮助学生掌握根据语境进行 理解的技巧。所以选 C 项。 22. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】D 【解析】根据第四个表格中对于 Prezi 的介绍 Uses of Prezi in listening and speaking courses draw students’ attention to speaking more fluently.可知，如果想要提高自 己的语言表达能力可以到 602 室。 23. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】B 【解析】根据对 Kahoot 软件介绍中的 Kahoot software can be used to create grammar tests which can be graded on a network.可知， 该软件用来评估学生的语法学习， 从而得出答案选 B。 24. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】C 【解析】题中问的是老师对在线教育感兴趣，根据文章对于 TEO 部分的介 绍可知，这个老师需要 2：00pm-3：00pm 之间去，从而得出答案选 C。 25. 【考点】推理判断题。 【答案】B 【解析】第二段提到如果她们的劳动被支付报酬可以每年获得 172，000， 第三段说这要比当首相的多 30， 000， 由此可知首相的年薪是 172， 000—30， 000=142， 000。 26. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】A 【解析】根据倒数第三段的内容可知，80%的母亲认为她们面对的最大的挑 战是情感需要方面的。 27. 【考点】细节理解题。 【答案】B 【解析】最后一段主要讨论了母亲对孩子在情感体力精神等方面的付出可 能是永无休止的，但是她们这方面的投入也是很值的。A 项错在 importance 一词上， 即本段并没有讨论母亲在家中的重要性问题。 28. 【考点】推理判断题。 【答案】C 【解析】全文用了很多的数字来论述做母亲的重要性。比如如果将母亲所 做的量化成工薪，她一年所赚的甚至超过首相的年薪。这一切无不表明母亲工作的重 要性远比人们所能意识到的要高得多。 29. D 【解析】由第一段最后一句话看出，老人衣衫褴褛，无家可归的形象引起了他的注 意，说明老人需要人来关怀他，故选 D。 30. B 【解析】 由 “without full comprehension of the request” 看出服务员不是很理解 “Picky” 这一做法，是困惑、迷惑的，所以选 confused。 31. C 【解析】由第三段第二句话中“he was hoping that this… inspire others to do something
32. A 33. B 34. C 35. D 36. G 37. B 38. F
for this old man as well”可知 Picky 不亲自帮助老人是为了让他人也被感染去做善 事。 【解析】由第三段最后一句“Absolutely beautiful!”承接上一句看出真正让作者感到 美好的是善行可以传递这件事。 推理判断题。由第三段首句“The world is full of forgetful people”以及下文的语境可 知，此处举例的目的是引出话题——世界上健忘的人有很多，故答案为 B。 推理判断题。 由这三段所举的被人们遗忘的东西 “a sausage casserole” ， “false teeth” ， “human skulls” ， “ges masks”等可推知人们有时是健忘的。 短语猜测题。 由上文语境 “But if you find something and can’t locate the rightful owner (拾到某物却找不到失主)”可推测出，此处表示谁拾到的东西归谁所有，故选 D。 空格处前一句谈了人们在暑假容易增重，而空格处后一句说有四种解决在暑假期间 增重的方法，故空格处应表示转折，所以选 G 项。 本段主要讲假期树立目标的必要性，故选 B 项。 本段主要讲假期要让自己忙碌起来。空格处前一句谈了假期有事可做会有成就感， 因此选项 F 中“That’s especially true”与“give you a sense of accomplishment”相对 应，此处表示如果你梦想的暑期工作落空了，有很多事情做也会给你一种成就感。 本段主要讲战胜酷暑，保持运动。根据空格处后一句“If a gym isn’t your scene, try bowling or an indoor climbing wall”可知，此处讲的是天气太热时可以进行 室内运 动，故选 D 项。 本段主要讲假期要有计划，还要坚持，故选 A 项。
41. B【解析】句意：他甚至没有收到过一句简单的“你好”或一个微笑。故选 B。 42. C 【解析】由后文可知，Tracy 一直在生病，故选 C。 43. D 【解析】句意：但这不是关于一个年轻女子悲伤结局的故事。 44. A 【解析】 句意： 相反， 这是关于一个男子对自己妻子始终忠诚的故事。 Be true to sb. 对 某人忠诚/忠心耿耿。 45. A 【解析】确保她尽可能舒服。故选 A。 46 C 【解析】由下文可知，这是他们第一次见面。 47. A 【解析】这是他的第一印象（impression） 。 48 B 【解析】由后文和语境可知这个电话使这个家庭的生活陷入困境。 49. B 【解析】此处 rush 表示快速运输、速送。 50. C 【解析】anxious 焦虑的，这里作主语补足语，表明他焦急跑到医院的状态。 51. D 【解析】根据语境选 wife（妻子） 。 52 B 【解析】go down 有“ （温度）下降”的意思，根据句意，这里指她的烧没有退，故选 B。 53. D 【解析】句意：Tracy 的呼吸变得吃力并且不能说话了。故选 unable（不能够） 。 54. A 【解析】句意检查显示她的感染伤害了神经系统。 55. C 句意：尽管重新获得意识，但仍然不能移动她的下肢。故选 still（仍然） 。
56. C 57. C 58. D 59. B 60. D
【解析】尽管医生做了所有能做的事。 【解析】她的情况变得更糟。 【解析】前文已提到她再也不能移动她的腿了，故选 move。 【解析】根据语境，这四个月应该是最困难的时期，应选 B。 【解析】根据语境，希望妻子能重获健康，选 D。
61.【答案】a 【解析】此处第一次提到农场，故填不定冠词 a。 62.【答案】Luckily 【解析】此处用副词修饰整个句子。 63.【答案】for 【解析】此处为 exchange… for…的固定搭配。 64.【答案】was left【解析】what 与 leave 之间为动宾关系。 65.【答案】when 【解析】was doing… when… 意为“正在做某事时，突然??” 66.【答案】fell【解析】此处与 died 并列，指动作先后发生。 67.【答案】without【解析】根据前文可知，奶牛死了，此时他不能再靠奶牛谋生了。 68.【答案】to sell 【解析】他砍树的目的是卖木材，故用不定式作目的状语。 69.【答案】where 【解析】where 在此引导定语从句，修饰先行词 market. 70.【答案】him 【解析】此处指突然发生在他身上的事情。
Dear Lucy, I’d like to invite you to join us for a visit to the nearby nursing home next Saturday for the Double Ninth Festival. It is the day for the elderly in our culture. We’ll go and make dumplings and cakes with the elderly people there. We’ll also spend some fun time together singing, dancing and playing games, which we hope will make them happy. We should be back around 4 o’clock in the afternoon. If you are able to come with us, please let us know and we’ll wait for you at the school gate at 9 in the morning. Looking forward to your reply. Yours, Li Hua
Li Hua has been living in the city with his parents after he was born. During the past Spring since Festival, his parents take him back to their hometown in the countryside for the first time, it made took which 或 it 前加 and them all happy, especially his grandparents. He enjoyed staying with his grandparents as well as ran in the open air. He took a lot of pictures of the things that seemed strangely and new. He running strange shared his pictures with his friends in the city on ∧Internet. They showed great interest in one of the the picture, arguing that he must be about a new kind of hamburger they hadn’t tasted yet. Some pictures it friends wouldn’t wait any longer and called on him for answer. After answered several calls, Li answering 或前加 he Hua quit their QQ group.