2006 年全国中学生英语能力竞赛(NEPCS)初赛高二组试题 (总分：150 分 答题时间：120 分钟) 听力部分(共四大题，计 30 分) I. 句子理解(Statements) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 请听句子，然后从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个与你所听到的句子意思一致或相近的 答案。每个句子只读一遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 1. A. Mr
Johnson often offers his help to others in the company. B. We will be disappointed if the weather isn't fine tomorrow. C. He had said he'd help us, so we were disappointed when he didn't come. D. He made a promise to send us free newspapers once a month. 2. A. A stage show called Tango Argentina toured the world before the war. B. The tango became very fashionable in Argentina after World War I. C. Argentinians like to express their feelings through music. D. The tango became less popular in the early 1950s. 3. A. The manager warned me that if I didn't work hard I would lose my job. B. I was going to apply for a better job to feed my family. C. Maggie and I graduated from the same college seven years ago. D. I was tired of doing my job, since I had been doing it for years. 4.
5. A. You'd better book in advance if you want to get a room. B. You'll have to book by tomorrow if you want the lower price. C. It's not easy to find room to park my car during this busy hour. D. You have no idea how hard we are doing this task. II. 问句应答(Responses) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 请听问句，然后从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出一个能够恰当回答你所听到的句子的最佳 答案。每个问句只读一遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 6. A. Never mind. I've got enough cash. B. Nice price!We'll buy some fruit. C. Give me a moment please. I am waiting for a friend. D. I can't believe it. I'm very disappointed in you. 7. A. We have to hand in this homework by tomorrow. B. As you know, practice makes perfect. C. I'm just looking around. Thank you. D. Thank you, but I think I can finally handle it myself. 8. A. Here you are. But can I ask why? B. Yes. I want to buy a shirt. C. Sorry. But these are all we have. D. Yes. But can I do it myself?
第 1 页 共 18 页
9. A. Oh, that's very nice of you to say so. B. Three to one. Germany is leading the game. C. Don't worry about that. I can wait. D. No. You have to take a train on the other side. 10. A. I'm sorry. I'm also a stranger here. B. Let's meet at the Italian caféaround five o'clock. C. No problem. I've just arrived here. D. Right. Let's go say hello. He's my friend. III. 对话理解(Dialogues) (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) A) 请听下面五组小对话，每组对话后有一个问题，根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答 所提问题的最佳答案。每组对话和问题均读两遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 11. A. To watch a movie. B. To play a ball game. C. To see a friend in hospital. D. To tell stories to their daughter. 12. A. The parents are not satisfied with the girl's behaviour at school. B. The parents don't agree with the way the girl thinks and dresses. C. The parents often discuss with the girl about how to make friends. D. The parents often quarrel with the girl about the girl's future. 13. A. A piece of cake and a cup of coffee. B. A glass of milk and some sugar. C. A piece of bread and a glass of water. D. A cup of tea and a sandwich. 14. A. She lost her patience to look after the baby. B. She could not afford to buy a new book. C. She missed one of her old classmates. D. She lost the book which the man lent to her. 15. A. ￡280. B. ￡300. C. ￡315. D. ￡350. B) 请听下面一段长对话， 然后根据你所听到的对话内容， 选择能回答所提问题的最佳答案。 对话读两遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 16. Where is Danny at the moment?
17. Who is sitting together with Danny most probably? A. His new girlfriend. B. His classmate. C. His aunt. D. His college teacher. 18. When is Danny's mother coming to visit him? A. Next month. B. This weekend. C. Tomorrow afternoon. D. Next week. 19. What are Fiona and Rex going to do? A. They are going back to the college for a rest.
第 2 页 共 18 页
B. They are going to try on some new clothes. C. They are going on shopping in a superstore. D. They are going to attend a lecture in the college. 20. What's the relationship between Danny and Fiona? A. They are boyfriend and girlfriend. B. They were boyfriend and girlfriend. C. They are brother and sister. D. They were neighbours. IV. 短文理解 (Passages) (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) A) 请听下面一段材料，然后根据你所听到的内容，选择能回答所提问题的最佳答案。材料 读两遍。(答案涂在答题纸上) 21. What's the date today? A. September 5, 2006. B. September 15, 2006. C. October 5, 2006. D. October 25, 2006. 22. Why has the prime minister gone to Washington? A. To celebrate the president's birthday. B. To spend a one-week holiday. C. To attend an international trade conference. D. To attend the opening ceremony of an international company. 23. Where will the prime minister go at the weekend? A. Scotland. B. Ireland. C. Egypt. D. Mexico. 24. Why did the traffic jam happen? A. Because the motorway was completely destroyed by floods. B. Because a footbridge over the road between London and Oxford fell onto the road. C. Because a big tree near Cambridge fell across the road and blocked it. D. Because of a car accident which happened between Nottingham and Sheffield. 25. What's the weather like today? A. Hot and cloudy. B. Fair and dry. C. Cold and fine. D. Snowy and windy. B) 非选择题：请听下面一段材料，根据你所听到的内容，补全空白处所缺的信息，每空不 超过两个词。材料读两遍。(答案写在答题纸上)
第 3 页 共 18 页
笔 试 部 31—35 DDBCB
共 七 大 36—40 AADDB
， 计 120 41—45 CBCAB
I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure) (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳答案。(答案涂在答题纸上) 31. I think we should organise _D_______ little dinner to celebrate ________ event. A. /; an B. the; the C. a; / D. a; the 32. I phoned her ______D__ day, but she refused to tell me ________ . A. another; nothing B. another; everything C. other; something D. the other; anything 33. —What's the matter? ___B_____ ? —Yes, my mother ________ seriously ill since yesterday. A. Have you wept; get B. You've been crying, haven't you; has been C. Did you weep; got D. Are you crying; had been 34. An American Indian legend says that trees hold up the sky, and if they ______A__ , ______C__ will be a disaster. A. are cut off; it B. will be cut down; it C. are cut down; there D. will cut off; there 35. I can't help __B _____ at his meanness. He again decided against ________ his old aunt. A. surprising; to save B. being surprised; helping C. to be surprised; saving D. to surprise; to help 36. —How ___A_____ he have got into an accident? He is such a careful driver. —But other drivers are not. Somebody ________ into his car. A. can; may have run B. may; should have crashed C. must; must have crashed D. might; can have run 37. Between 1950 and 1990, the world population doubled to 5.3 ___B__A___ . Nearly eighty ________ of these people live in developing, or poorer nations. A. billion; percent B. billion; percentage
第 4 页 共 18 页
C. billions; percents D. billions; percent 38. If Janet _____D___ half an hour earlier, she ________ to see Kevin before he left. He was eager to say good-bye to her. A. has arrived; would be able B. would leave; was able C. have started; would have been able D. had come; would have been able 39. —Good morning. May I help you? —No, thank you. I'm just looking around. — ___D_____ A. Thanks for coming to see me. B. How are you feeling today? C. I'll write you a cheque right now. D. Take your time then. 40. ___B_____ that her fifteen-year-old son disappeared while walking home from school, she suddenly burst ________ tears. A. Being heard; out B. Having been told; into C. To tell; away D. Seen; out 41. He was a ___C_____ person in the neighbourhood. The people thought there was not a man alive who could do everything half as ________ as he did. A. highly respecting; more B. high respected; fast C. highly respected; well D. highest respected; better 42. Gary was extremely busy with his work last week. Not until __A__B____ very dark ________ his work and go home. A. was it; he started B. it was; did he stop C. was it; did he start D. it was; he stopped 43. It's a family of three children, __A_____C_ are ________ the Internet. A. all of them; fond of B. both who; made up of C. all of whom; addicted to D. all which; satisfied with 44. —Are you ready to order? —I'm kind of in a hurry. _A_______ A. What can you serve quickly? B. What had happened? C. I hope you're not displeased with her. D. There will be a lot of food. 45. I did not accept the job. __B______ I'm unwilling to do the job, ________ I'm unequal to it. A. However; as B. Not that; but C. Although; so D. Not for; though II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) (共 20 小题；选择题 5 小题，每小题 1 分，非选择题 15 小题，每小题 2 分，计 35 分) A)选择题：阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出能回答所提问题的最佳答案。 (答案涂在答题纸上) Can you understand the beginning of this essay? II． 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) 46—50 ABACD
第 5 页 共 18 页
51. Channel 21. 52. Don Rodgers. 53. At 9 p.m. 54. Five million pounds. 55. Broadcast. 56. Men and women express their emotions in different ways. 57. Withdraw. 58. He will recognise it but won't become stressed himself. 59. 情侣们之间出现的这类问题常常是由他们不理解对方的沟通方式所导致的。 60. 心理学家们已经发现了一些两性之间在沟通方式上的基本区别。 61. 4. 62. 95℃. 63. The synthetic cycle. 64. Wool and silk. 65. unfading colour / unchanging colour “My smmr hols wr CWOT. B4, we usd 2go2 NY 2C my bro, his GF & 3 kds FTF.” The Scottish teacher who received it in class had no idea what the girl who wrote it meant. The essay was written in a form of English used in cell phone text messages. Text messages (also called SMS) through cell phones became very popular in the late 1990s. At first, mobile phone companies thought that text messaging would be a good way to send messages to customers, but customers quickly began to use the text messaging service to send messages to each other. Teenagers in particular enjoyed using text messaging, and they began to create a new language for messages called “texting.” A text message is limited to 160 characters, including letters, spaces, and numbers, so mess- ages must be kept short. In addition, typing on the small keypad of a cell phone is difficult, so it's common to make words shorter. In texting, a single letter or number can represent a word, like “r” for “are,” “u” for “you,” and “2” for “to.” Several letters can also represent a phrase, like “lol” for “laughing out loud.” Another characteristic of texting is the leaving out of letters in a word, like spelling “please” as “pls.” Some parents and teachers worry that texting will make children bad spellers and bad writers. The student who wrote the essay at the top of this page said writing that way was more comfortable for her. (The essay said, “My summer holidays were a complete waste of time. Before, we used to go to New York to see my brother, his girlfriend, and their three kids face to face.”) Not everyone agrees that texting is a bad thing. Some experts say languages always develop, and this is just another way in which English is changing. Other people believe texting will disappear soon. New technology for voice messages may soon make text messages a thing of the past. 46. What is the writer's opinion of text messaging? A A. The writer does not give his opinions. B. It is not bad for children. C. It will make children bad writers. D. It is fun and easy to do. 47. Which characteristic of texting is NOT described in the passage? B A. Using letters to represent words.
第 6 页 共 18 页
B. Using phrases to represent essays. C. Using letters to represent phrases. D. Using numbers to represent words. 48. Which of the following was most probably the title of the student's essay? A A. My Smmr Hols B. CU in LA C. My GF D. My Gr8 Tchr 49. Why do some people think that texting is bad? C A. It costs too much. B. It's too difficult to type. C. Teenagers won't learn to write correctly. D. It's not comfortable. 50. Why aren't some people worried about the effect of texting? D A. Not many people use texting. B. Spelling in English is too difficult. C. Teenagers quickly become bored with texting. D. Texting will disappear because of new technology. B) 非选择题：阅读下列材料，然后按要求完成所给出的题目。(答案写在答题纸上) A
Questions 51—55: Answer each of the following questions in no more than 3 words. 51. Which is the best channel for news? CHANNEL21 52. Who has returned to playing tennis? DONRODGERS 53. What time does the romantic film start? 9PM 54. How much money is the game show prize?5，000，000 55. What does “on the air” mean? BROCAST，ONSHOW B The man looks uncomfortable. He is not speaking. His girlfriend keeps asking him what's wrong. “Nothing,” he replies each time. You must be familiar with this kind of scene. Romantic comedies
第 7 页 共 18 页
and TV dramas often show this kind of relationship problem. (59) Such problems among couples often result from not understanding their partner's communication style. (60) Psychologists(心理学家) have found some basic differences between the sexes in the ways they communicate. Firstly, women typically prefer to talk about their feelings, while men tend to withdraw. For example, when a couple has a problem, a woman will typically try to solve the problem by talking about it with her partner. A man, on the other hand, is usually more likely to solve the problem on his own. He, therefore, removes himself from the situation, or tries to get away from the woman to be by himself. Secondly, men and women respond to each other differently. Both men and women are very good at reading their partners' feelings. The difference is in their reactions. Women, psychologists say, are receptive and responsive. This means that they actually feel what their partner is feeling. In contrast, men understand their partners' feelings, but don't actually feel them themselves. For example, if a man is stressed, his partner will see this and become stressed. However, if a woman is stressed, her partner will recognise it but won't become stressed. In the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray, men and women are described as originally being from different planets. As a result, they naturally have different styles of thinking, behaving, and communicating. These fundamental differences can cause misunderstandings between them. The most important thing for a healthy relationship is to realise and understand these differences. Questions 56—58: Answer the following questions briefly. 56. What's the passage mainly about? some basic differences between the sexes in the ways they communicate. 57. Which word in the second paragraph means “distance oneself”? WITHDRAW 58. How will a man respond when he notices his partner becoming stressed? HE will recognise it but won't become stressed. Questions 59—60: Translate the underlined sentences into Chinese. C
第 8 页 共 18 页
Questions 61—65: Answer the questions or complete the sentence. 61. How many different water temperatures are suggested for machine washes? FOUR 62. What is the maximum water temperature suggested for machine-washing a white cotton sheet? 95555 63. When washed in a machine, which cycle should be used for cotton mixture clothes? SYTHETIC CIRCLE 64. Which two natural fibres should you not wring by hand? WOOL SILK 65. When describing materials, the term “colour-fast” means _____UNCHAGING COLOUR___ . III. 完形填空(Cloze) (共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，计 15 分) 阅读下面短文，从方框中选出恰当的词或短语并用其适当形式填空，使短文语义完整。(每 词或短语限用一次，有多余选项)(答案写在答题纸上) large, protect, devote to, original, murder, however, best-selling, history,why, unlike, paint, build, tour, lead to, when, include, with, where It's true that everyone loves a mystery, especially when it mixes (66) __HISTORY______ with fiction. That is (67) ___WHY_____ American author Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code has
第 9 页 共 18 页
become one of the (68) ___BEST-SELLING_____ books in history. In his novel, Brown builds on one of Western culture's most important books: The Bible. However, (69) UNLIKE________ The Bible, Brown writes that Jesus was married and had a child. A small group of people know the secret and have to (70) __PROTECT______ it. The Italian artist Leonardo Da Vinci was one of them. He (71) _ ______ the secret into some of his masterpieces, including The Last Supper. large, protect, devote to, original, murder, however, best-selling, history,why, unlike, paint, build, tour, lead to, when, include, with, where 66. history 67. why 68. best-selling 69. unlike 70. protect 71. painted 72. with 73. tour 74. where 75. murdered 76. leads to 77. Built 78. originally 79. largest 80. including The movie version of The Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks will hit the big screen next week. Weaving historical fact (72) ____WITH____ fiction, the story will take you on a (73) __TOUR______ through art, history, and religion. Now let's take a brief tour with Teens of (74) ____WHERE____ the story begins: Paris. At the beginning of the tale, the curator (馆长) of the Louvre (卢浮宫) art museum is (75) ____MURDERED____ . His death (76) ___LEADS TO_____ a search for the so-called “Da Vinci code.” (77)BUILT _____ in 1200 near the Seine River, the Louvre was (78) _HOWEVER_______ a royal palace. Its doors were opened to the public as a royal museum in 1793. It is said to be the world's (79) ____LARGEST____ museum, home to 35,000 works of art, (80) INCLUDING_____ the mysterious Mona Lisa. IV. 翻译(Translation) (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，计 10 分) 用括号中所给的词语将下列句子译成英语。(答案写在答题纸上) 81. 依靠自己的努力，我们克服了所有困难。(rely on) RELYING ON OUR OWN ENDEAVOUR ， WE HAVE OVERCOMED ALL THE DIFFICULTIES 82. 玛丽亚总是穿着新衣服，试图给人留下深刻的印象。(impress) MARINE ALWAYS WEARS NEW CLOTHES SO THAT CAN IMPRESS OTHERS 83. 他不知道如何处理他父亲留下的财产。(do with) HE DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO WITH THE PROPERTY HIS FATHER LEFT LEFT TO
第 10 页 共 18 页
HIM 84. 我对音乐的品味与我爸爸的相同。(in harmony with) MYTEASTS FORMUSIC ARE INHARMONYWITHMY DAD 85. 因为有了因特网，你在家就能进行所有的圣诞大采购。(thanks to) V. 短文改错(Error correction) (共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分) 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断：如无错误，在该行右边横 线上画一个勾(√)；如有错误(每行只有一个错误)，则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。(答案写在答题纸上) Dear Mr Trotter, I have a number of complaint about the work your company 86. ________ did in my house last week. You promised that your men will arrive 87. ________ by 8:00. As you know, I have to catch THEbus at 8:15. On three 88. ________ days the men arrived before eight, so I missed my bus and my boss was 89. ________ extremely annoying. The foreman lost the written instructions I gave 90. ________ him. The paint he used for the hall should haveBEEN used in the kitchen. 91. ________ The sitting-room wallpaper, which I had chosen it with great care, 92. ________ was the wrong way up. My bathroom, which did not need painted, has 93. ________ been painted. When you do not promise to put right the mistakes 94. ________ your men have made within two weeks, I will go to my lawyer. 95. ________ Yours sincerely, Cecil J. Trubshaw VI. 智力测试(IQ) (共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分) 回答下列问题。(答案写在答题纸上) 96. Odd one out: Circle the noun in the group. Then cross out the adjective which can't be used with the noun.
97. How many minutes is it before 12 noon, if 48 minutes ago it was twice as many minutes past 9 a.m.? 98. Find two words, both reading clockwise round each circle. You must find the starting point of each word and provide the missing letters. The two words form a phrase.
第 11 页 共 18 页
99. Find the ages of Mary, George, Alice, Claire and Stephen if the sum of the ages of two of them all as follows: Mary + George = 33 years Alice + Claire = 95 years Stephen + Mary = 72 years Mary + Claire = 87 years Stephen + George = 73 years 100. Place a word in the bracket that forms a new word or phrase when tacked onto(添加) the word on the left, and another word or phrase when placed in front of the word on the right. e.g. first (class) mate second ( ) some VII. 写作 (Writing) (共 2 题；A 题满分 10 分，B 题满分 20 分，计 30 分) A) Read the following passage, and then use your own words to give a brief summary of it in about 80 words. (10 分)(答案写在答题纸上) When promoting a product around the world, it benefits companies to understand local customs in detail. Knowing what appeals to (吸引) potential customers can help a product to be successful.
When it comes to the name of the product, the most important thing to consider is the local language. For example, Coca Cola tried to write their name in Chinese as Ke-dou-ken-la(蝌蚪啃 蜡). Of course, this sounded so silly that the company had to take down all the posters! The name was later changed into more appropriate Chinese characters (可口可乐) meaning, “The more you drink, the more fun you'll have.” There are other things to think about, too. Different traditions mean that even simple things like colours or numbers can affect the success of a product. For example, in some cultures there are unlucky colours, such as black in Japan or white in China. Some cultures think that certain numbers are unlucky. It would be very unwise to use these unlucky colours or numbers in your
第 12 页 共 18 页
product or advertising. Finally, different cultures have different concepts of relationships between men and women. It may make certain pictures unsuitable for some cultures. For example, pictures of couples kissing each other on posters would make Muslims in the Middle East very embarrassed. Despite a product being the same, the success of its business depends on how appropriately and effectively it appeals to people in different countries. Knowing such things is the golden rule of doing global business. B) You see this competition in a student magazine:
Write your article for the magazine in 120—150 words in an appropriate style. （20 分） （答案写 在答题纸上） 参考答案及评分标准 听力部分(共四大题，计 30 分) I． 句子理解(Statements) 1—5 CBDDA II. 问句应答(Responses) 6—10 CDABB III. 对话理解(Dialogues) A) 11—15 ABDDC B) 16—20 CADDB IV. 短文理解 (Passages) A) 21—25 ACDBC B) 26. coffee bar 27. 7:15 28. waterfall 29. coal mine 30. strong boots 笔试部分(共七大题，计 120 分) I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure) 31—35 DDBCB 36—40 AADDB 41—45 CBCAB II． 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) 46—50 ABACD 51. Channel 21.
第 13 页 共 18 页
52. Don Rodgers. 53. At 9 p.m. 54. Five million pounds. 55. Broadcast. 56. Men and women express their emotions in different ways. 57. Withdraw. 58. He will recognise it but won't become stressed himself. 59. 情侣们之间出现的这类问题常常是由他们不理解对方的沟通方式所导致的。 60. 心理学家们已经发现了一些两性之间在沟通方式上的基本区别。 61. 4. 62. 95℃. 63. The synthetic cycle. 64. Wool and silk. 65. unfading colour / unchanging colour III. 完形填空(Cloze) 66. history 67. why 68. best-selling 69. unlike 70. protect 71. painted 72. with 73. tour 74. where 75. murdered 76. leads to 77. Built 78. originally 79. largest 80. including IV. 翻译(Translation) 81. Relying on our own efforts, we overcame all the difficulties. 82. Maria is always trying to impress people with her new clothes. 83. He didn't know what to do with the property his father had left. 84. My taste in music is in harmony with my father's. 85. Thanks to the Internet, you can do all your Christmas shopping from home. V. 短文改错(Error correction) Dear Mr Trotter, I have a number of complaint about the work your company 86. complaints did in my house last week. You promised that your men will arrive 87. would by 8:00. As you know, I have to catch ∧ bus at 8:15. On three 88. the/a days the men arrived before eight, so I missed my bus and my boss
第 14 页 共 18 页
was 89. after extremely annoying. The foreman lost the written instructions I gave 90. annoyed him. The paint he used for the hall should have ∧ used in the kitchen. 91. been The sitting-room wallpaper, which I had chosen it with great care, 92. it was the wrong way up. My bathroom, which did not need painted, has 93. painting been painted. When you do not promise to put right the mistakes 94. If your men have made within two weeks, I will go to my lawyer. 95. √ Yours sincerely, Cecil J. Trubshaw VI. 智力测试(IQ) 96. eggs revolved 97. 44 minutes (12 noon less 44 minutes = 11:16 11:16 less 48 minutes = 10:28 9 a.m. plus 88 minutes (44× = 10:28) 2) 98. ABSOLUTE MAJORITY 99. Mary 16, George 17, Alice 24, Stephen 56, Claire 71 100. hand: second hand, handsome VII. 写作(Writing) A) One possible version: Companies doing business around the world need to understand local cultures to be successful. When a company is trying to sell its product in a foreign country, it must make sure that the product's name appeals to local customers. It's also important to consider each culture's beliefs as to what is and is not lucky. In addition, when advertising, a company should be careful to show men and women in a respectful way. With knowledge of these subjects, success is possible. B) One possible version: Many people nowadays are worried about their figures, so lots of us want to lose weight. Unfortunately, this is not always easy because so much of our food is not really good for us. For example, fast food, such as burgers and crisps, contains lots of fat. Some people think that the best way to control your weight is to eat only lettuce and be miserable!In fact this is not at all good for you. It's much better to eat a diet which consists of lots of different sorts of food. Choose good quality bread, rice, pasta and potatoes for energy. Make sure you eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Meat, fish, cheese and eggs are also good but you don't need so much of these. It's most important to eat a balanced diet. If you do this and take regular exercise, you'll find it's easy to eat well and stay healthy. 一、 评分原则： 1． 本题总分为：30 分。A) 10 分； B) 20 分。按四个档次给分。 2． 评分时，先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次，然后以该档次的要求来衡量，
第 15 页 共 18 页
确定或调整本档次，最后给分。 3． 作文词数少于或多于规定词数 20 词的，从总分中减去 2 分。 4． 如书写较差，以至影响交流，将分数降低一个档次。 二、 各档次的给分范围和要求： 第四档(很好)：A) 9—10 分； B) 16—20 分 完全完成了试题规定的要求，覆盖所有内容要点，符合英语表达习惯, 应用了较多的语法结 构和词汇，没有语法和词汇错误，具备较强的语言运用能力，完全达到了预期的写作目的。 第三档(好)：A) 6—8 分； B) 11—15 分 完成了试题规定的要求，应用的语法结构和词汇能满足题目的要求，符合英语表达习惯, 基 本没有语法和词汇错误，达到了预期的写作目的。 第二档(一般)：A) 3—5 分； B) 6—10 分 未恰当完成试题规定的要求，漏掉内容要点，未描述清楚主要内容，写了一些无关内容，有 语法和词汇错误，影响了对写作内容的理解，信息未能清楚地传达给读者。 第一档(差)：A) 1—2 分； B) 1—5 分 未完成试题规定的要求，明显遗漏主要内容，写了一些无关内容，语法结构单调，词汇项目 有限，有较多语法和词汇错误，影响对写作内容的理解，信息未能传达给读者。 0分 未能传达给读者任何信息：没有内容或内容太少，无法评判，写的内容均与所要求内容无关 或所写内容无法看清。 听力部分录音原文 Part I. Statements Listen to the following sentences and decide which statement or picture is true for each sentence. Each sentence will be read only once. 1. Having been promised his help, we were disappointed when he didn't come. 2. After World War I, the tango became the main music style in Argentina. 3. I had been doing the same job for years and I don't really care for it any more. 4. The college only allows smoking in the common room. 5. It's a good idea to book ahead to be sure of getting a room. Part II. Responses Listen to the following questions and choose the best response to each question. Each question will be read only once. 6. Sir, may I have your order now, please? 7. That's too bad. Is there anything I can do for you? 8. Stop!Stop!May I see your driver's licence, please? 9. The game is still on. What's the score now? 10. Uhm... What time do you want to meet? Part III. Dialogues A) Listen to the following mini-dialogues and choose the best answer to each question. Each dialogue and question will be read twice. 11. W: What do you want to do today? M: Well, how about seeing a movie? W: Good idea!We haven't seen a movie for a long time. Question: What are they going to do today? 12. M: Are you friends with your parents?
第 16 页 共 18 页
W: No, I'm not. M: Why? W: They make me think the way they do. We often have arguments about my clothes. Question: How does the girl get on with her parents? 13. M: How about a cup of tea, Susan? W: Yes, please. I'm quite thirsty. I'd like a nice cup of tea. M: Would you like some sugar? W: No, thank you. But I'd like a sandwich. Question: What would Susan like to have? 14. W: I don't know how to tell you this. I'm really sorry I lost the book you lent me. Let me buy you another one. M: No, that's all right. W: No, really. It would make me feel a lot better. M: Well, OK. If you insist. Question: Why does the woman feel sorry? 15. W: I'd like to rent a car for the weekend. What's your price range? M: From ￡40 to ￡50 a day. W: How much is a Ford Escort? M: It's ￡45 for a day. Question: How much will it cost the woman to rent a Ford Escort for a week? B) Listen to the following dialogue. According to the dialogue choose the best answer to each given question. The dialogue will be read twice. W: Hey look, Rex. Isn't that Danny over there? M: I can't see him, Fiona. Where? W: Sitting at a table in that caféover there. M: It might be Danny. W: But who's that he's with? M: Oh, she must be his mother. He said she was coming to visit him for a few days but not till next week. They must have changed their plans. W: Look Rex, she can't be his mother. She's much too young. Could you get a bit closer and see who he's with? M: Why don't you? W: He might see me... OK. We'll walk across together. We'll pretend we're looking in that shop window over there. M: OK... No, you're right, Fiona. She's much too young. Hey, we ought to get back to college now—our lecture starts in ten minutes. Shall we just go and say hi as we go past? W: I don't think so. She could be his new girlfriend and I'd be embarrassed. Anyway, Rex, I'm not interested. M: Oh no? You must forget about him, Fiona, you know. You two broke up ages ago. He's really boring anyway. Come on. We need to get back... Part IV. Passages Passage A Listen to the following material and choose the best answer to each given question. The material will be read twice.
第 17 页 共 18 页
M: Good morning. Here is the news for Wednesday the fifth of September, 2006. The prime minister is in Washington to attend an international trade conference. He'll spend two days at the conference and after that he'll have talks at the White House with the president. At the weekend he'll fly to Mexico. A footbridge over the motorway between London and Oxford has been demaged and fell onto the road, causing serious delays, with traffic jams extending beyond the entrance of the motorway. Emergency services are at the scene but part of the motorway will remain closed until this afternoon. Now here is the weather forecast for today. There's quite a lot of fog about this morning but it should clear to give a fine day with some clouds. It'll be cold though. There will be a change as we move into the weekend. On Saturday and Sunday we can expect heavy rain as the clouds move in. Next week there should be more sunshine—that is if the early morning fog clears. That's all from me. I'll be back at midday. Passage B Listen to the following material and fill in the missing information in the numbered spaces. The material will be read twice. W: Good morning. I hope you slept well and are ready to start exploring South Wales on the first day of our holiday here. Before I tell you what we are doing today, the hotel has asked me to mention a few things. Meals are served in the dining room, except breakfast which is served in the coffee bar—any time between 6:45 and 9:15. We won't actually be here to have lunch because we are going out on trips every day, so you need to order sandwiches for the next day's lunch before seven each evening from reception. Collect your lunch from the dining room in the morning. In the evening the dining room is open from 7:00 p.m. until 9:30. I shall see you all in the dining room at a quarter past seven each evening. I'm your tour guide in charge of all the trips and I look after you when we're out. While you're in the hotel, however, if you have any problems you should talk to the deputy manager. In about ten minutes the coach is picking us up to take us on a tour of the valleys of South Wales. We are going to visit a wonderful waterfall first. Because it rains a lot here, it's quite a sight. Then we're travelling a bit farther up the valley to visit a museum which has been built where there used to be a huge coal mine. We'll probably eat our lunch up there near the museum, in the coach if the weather's bad. Then we're making our way back south to the coast to admire some more beautiful scenery. There'll be time for a walk along the cliffs or if any of you are feeling energetic you can try a bit of windsurfing. We will be back at the hotel by five o'clock. You'll need a coat or something to keep you dry, some strong boots because our walk might be muddy and don't forget your cameras. Now if anyone has any questions...
第 18 页 共 18 页