第二部分 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 项涂黑。
从四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 21. Parents ______ much importance t
o education. They will do their best to give their children that priceless gift. A. attach B. attend C. attempt D. access 22. The officials in the disaster area expressed thanks for the aid that they ______ from the public in the past two months. A. have received C. would received B. had received D. were receiving
23. — I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays. — That?s ______ I don?t agree. You should have a more active life. A. where B. how C. when D. what 24. — He failed in his business. — What a pity! ______, I believe he will succeed some day! A. Meanwhile B. Otherwise C. Somehow D. Anyway 25. The department manager promised ______ told her who stole the necklace would be rewarded. To her surprise, ______ she said, there was no response. A. whoever; whichever C. no matter who; whatever A. wanted; applies C. meant; appeals A. for B. with B. whoever; no matter what D. no matter who; no matter what B. written; appealed D. aimed; applied C. at D. upon
26. The book is ______ for children, but it also ______ to adults.
27. The beggar turned around and left ______ seeing the policeman. 28. A series of postmarks and envelopes have been published ______ Mo Yan?s winning the 2012 Nobel Prize in Literature. A. in charge of of 29. — I?ll appreciate it if you could keep me ______ of any news about Tom. — Take it easy. The day you?re looking forward to ______. A. informed; will come C. informing; will come A. as twice C. twice much as 31. — When can I have a holiday? — If you work hard, I promise you ______ have one next month. A. would B. should C. shall
第 1 页 共 10 页
B. in search of
C. in honor of
D. in favor
B. informed; coming D. to be informed; coming B. twice much D. twice as much
30. It is reported that the United States uses ______ energy as the whole of Europe.
32. I still remember the story, believe it or not, ______ we got caught by a snowstorm and delayed for a week in the strange city. A. which dress. A. wear B. wears C. had worn D. have worn 34. — Which day do you think is all right for our next meeting? — You make ______. ______ day is the same to me. A. one; One C. that; Some B. it; Any D. this; Another B. that C. what D. when 33. Mary is easy to recognize as she is the only one of the women who ______ an evening
35. — I followed your advice on how to learn Chinese, but I am still not good at it. Why? — Well, ______. A. no pains, no gains B. no sweet without sweat C. one man?s meat is another man?s poison D. all is well that ends well 第三部分 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36－55 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中， 选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Show yourself On the course of life, the first step of the lead is likely to mean the final victory, so the success and failure, or 36 and loss of your life may lie in 37 you dare to show yourself or not. As a student, I was most 38 to answer questions in class, and I found that the students around were just like me. At the beginning of each class, when the professor asked a question, I always 39 my head, for fear that the professor saw me. In a foreign language class, an expert from the Commercial Bank delivered a lecture. The speaker always wanted 40 to be in communication with him, so he asked how many students in the classroom learned Economics, but no one 41 . The expert said with a smile, “Let me tell you a(n) 42 first.” “When I came to the United States to study, there are often lectures delivered in the 43 . Each time, they invite an expert from Wall Street or a transnational company to make a speech.” “Before the beginning of every lecture, I found a(n) 44 phenomenon. The students around me always took a cardboard folded in half, wrote their 45 with the most eye-catching color, and then placed it on the seat. 46 , when the speaker needed the response, he could see and call a listener?s name 47 .” “I couldn?t 48 why they did that, so I asked the student in front of me. He told me with a smile, ?the speakers are all top-ranking people, who 49 chances. When your answer is to his 50 or surprise, it is very possible that he will give you more 51 . This is a very simple reason.? “The fact was also like that. I really saw a few students around me went to 52 in the first class company 53 their excellent insights (洞察力). This had a great influence on me. The chance will not find you 54 . You must show yourself constantly to 55 others? attention for you to find a chance on the cards.” 36. A. win B. beat C. gain D. defeat
第 2 页 共 10 页
37. A. how 38. A. proud 39. A. raised 40. A. anyone 41. A. replied 42. A. idea 43. A. company 44. A. tense 45. A. addresses 46. A. Besides 47. A. directly 48. A. make for 49. A. present 50. A. disappointment astonishment 51. A. chances 52. A. approve 53. A. in spite of 54. A. themselves 55. A. pay
B. what B. ready B. shook B. someone B. agreed B. fact B. hospital B. interesting B. numbers B. However B. loudly B. make up B. mean B. amusement B. questions B. employ B. due to B. himself B. draw
C. that C. excited C. lowered C. everyone C. reported C. truth C. university C. attractive C. names C. Otherwise C. firstly C. make out C. multiply C. satisfaction C. responses C. manage C. aside from C. yourself C. focus
D. whether D. afraid D. nodded D. no one D. admitted D. story D. business D. dull D. cards D. Thus D. rapidly D. make sense D. add D. D. jobs D. work D. as to D. itself D. fix
第四部分 阅读理解 （每小题 2 分，共 15 小题，满分 30 分） 请认真阅读下列短文, 从短文后各题所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中, 选出最佳选项, 并 在答题纸上将该项涂黑。 A Although I love my life, it hasn?t been a lot of fun as I?ve been ill for 28 years. Music has always been a great love of mine and, in my 20s, when my sickness was more manageable, I enjoyed ten years as a professional (专业的) singer in restaurants, playing and singing folk songs. Unfortunately that was years ago and times have changed. Now I live with my mother on a country farm. Two years ago, I decided that I would need to have some kind of extra work to make up for my disability pension (残疾抚恤金). As I needed to sleep in the afternoons, I was limited in my choices. I decided that I would consider going back to singing in restaurants. My family are all musicians, so I was recognized when I went into our local music store. I explained that I wanted to sing again but using recorded karaoke music. I knew that discs were very expensive and I really didn?t have a lot of money to get started. And often you find only three to four songs out of ten on a disc that you can actually use. When I told the owner of the shop about my idea, he gave me a long, thoughtful look. “This means a lot to you, doesn?t it?” he said. “Come with me.” He led me through the crowded shop and to a bench with a large professional karaoke box on it. He placed his large hand lovingly on his treasure and said, “I have 800 karaoke songs in here. You can take your pick and I?ll record them for you. That should get you started.” I could have cried. Thanking him, I made a time with him to listen to all the songs and choose the ones that I could sing. I have come full circle with his help.
第 3 页 共 10 页
His kindness still warms my heart and makes me do just that bit extra, when I have the chance. 56. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. The author worked as a professional singer when he wasn?t seriously ill. B. The author has been loving music since he was in his 20s. C. The author sang in restaurants to earn his disability pension. D. The author had all the songs on the discs recorded for karaoke music. 57. From the passage, we can learn that ______. A. the author went back to sing in restaurants for fun B. the author?s family were famous for their country farm C. the author?s job choices were limited because of his lack of money D. the author is not only touched by the kindness but also passes it on 58. Which of the following words can best describe the owner of the shop? A. Thoughtful and kind-hearted. B. Lovely and friendly. C. Successful and patient. D. Grateful and professional. B When you were a child you had a pure mind which was free from worries and anxieties. However, as time goes by, you?re faced with so many problems in life. Below are five techniques that can help you get relaxed. 1. Mind your own business. Yes, please mind your own business. When you start being concerned about things which are not related to you, you lose your control on your thought process, which often has negative results disturbing the mental peace. Basically, your mind starts wandering here and there. So next time an unnecessary thought comes to your mind, think whether this is really something you should be worrying for? If not, keep it away and focus on something positive, practical and fruitful. 2. Surround yourself in positive people. Overlook negative comments and stay away from negative souls. When someone is negative, he spreads negativity and you get affected. Staying with such people will have long term influence on your character so think about your company. 3. Don?t think about others too much. Remember: Small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Higher minds discuss ideas and Great minds act in silence. Don?t allow your brain to compare yourself to others as this is an insult (侮辱) to yourself. Don?t be jealous; it?s a heart killing disease, get rid of it as soon as possible. When you are jealous you focus on finding faults in others even if they don?t have. This poisons your soul and steals the mental peace. 4. You can?t keep everyone happy. Don?t be oversensitive (过于敏感的 ). Be natural in what you do. Be positive and constructive in your deeds and then don?t really care too much about others. Be aware, don?t apply this to too closed relations. Develop trust to build up powerful relationships. 5. Don?t believe yourself to be unlucky. Remember this: Bad luck happens to everyone. It?s not your fault at all. Time, whether good or bad, passes quickly. Develop the power of not looking back into your past. Believe in
第 4 页 共 10 页
the power of Now. Believe in your skills. Work hard and you will get what you have been entitled for. Be patient and see what has been planned for you. With these recommendations, I believe if you can make it, it?s probable that you can bring changes in your lifestyle and get back your mental peace. 59. This passage is written for those who want to ______. A. seek learning skills C. make their mind pure A. Ignore B. Pass B. find positive people as friends D. get mentally peaceful and relaxed C. Master D. Support
60. The underlined word “Overlook” can be replaced by ______. 61. The underlined sentence means ______. A. People with different minds do different things B. people should discuss different aspects of life C. people should never compare themselves with others D. people should never be jealous, or they?ll be poisoned 62. Which of the following should NOT be done according to the five techniques? A. Stay with positive people. B. Care about the business of strangers. C. Be sincere with others and never care too much about them. D. Believe in the magic power of what the present can bring you. C Are people less happy or more happy the older they get? If you answered more happy, then you were right. Based on a study in 2008, it found that people generally become happier and experience less worry after age fifty. In fact, it found that by the age of eighty-five, people are happier with their life than they were at eighteen. The findings came from a Callup survey of more than three hundred forty thousand adults in the United States in 2008. At that time, the people were between the ages of eighteen and eighty-five. Arthur Stone in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Stony Brook University in New York led the study. His team found that levels of stress were highest among adults between the ages of twenty-two and twenty-five. Stress levels dropped sharply after people reached their fifties. Happiness was highest among the youngest adults and those in their early seventies. But the people least likely to report feeling negative emotions were those in their seventies and eighties. The survey also found that men and women have similar emotional patterns as they grow older. However, women at all ages reported more sadness, stress and worry than men did. The researchers also considered possible influences like having young children, being unemployed or being single. But they found that influences like these did not affect the levels of happiness and well-being related to age. So why would happiness increase with age? One theory is that, as people get older, they become more thankful for what they have and have better control of their emotions. They
第 5 页 共 10 页
also spend less time thinking about bad experiences. The findings appeared in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 63. What is the main purpose of the passage? A. To compare the levels of happiness among different group of adults. B. To introduce the findings of a survey on the levels of happiness among adults. C. To tell about the different problems adults of different ages meet with in their life. D. To tell about different theories on adults? levels of happiness. 64. Which group of people might have the highest level of stress? A. Young adults between the ages of 18 to 21. B. Young adults between the ages of 22 to 25. C. Middle-aged adults in their fifties. D. Old adults in their eighties. 65. What can we infer from the passage? A. Younger adults are always willing to report negative feelings. B. Adults above seventies might not tell the truth of their levels of happiness. C. Women feel as happy as men of the same ages. D. People, unemployed or single, have the lowest level of happiness. 66. What might be the best title of the passage? A. The younger, the happier. C. The older, the more emotional. B. The wealthier, the happier. D. The older, the happier.
D How long are you willing to wait for a webpage to open before you start to lose your patience? Half a minute? A few seconds? Google engineers have discovered that even 400 milliseconds―as short as the blink of an eye―is too long for most Internet users. A millisecond is one thousandth of a second. People hardly notice such a small time difference, but it does cause them to stop searching, reported The New York Times. “Subconsciously, you don?t like to wait,” said Arvind Jain, a Google engineer. “Every millisecond matters.” Nowadays, millions of smart-phones and computers are constantly gathering and sending out information. With so many people downloading maps, sports videos, news and restaurant recommendations, you can get digital “traffic jams”. Meanwhile, users are expecting faster and faster service. Google found that if one website is 250 milliseconds slower than another website, then people will visit it less often. This is why technology companies are now competing to be the fastest. Google said people do expect different things from different websites because they realize not all loading times are the same. For example, a person will be more patient waiting for a video clip to load than for a search result. Even so, four out of five online users will click away if a video takes too long to load. This makes it difficult for video websites to choose between the quality of pictures and fast loading times. Pursuing a higher speed has always been part of the history of the Internet.
第 6 页 共 10 页
In the 1990s, when the World Wide Web first started to become popular, it was very crowded and slow; people called it the “World Wide Wait”. But engineers managed to fight the problem with new inventions. They laid a lot of fiber optic cables for high-speed transmissions; they improved software so it would work more smoothly; they placed computer servers all around the world to be nearer to users; all this increased speed. Nowadays we can enjoy much faster Internet. Major search engines such as Google and Microsoft?s Bing usually find search results in less than a second. But they will need to keep fighting to keep up with the developing demands of Internet users. 67. What does the report of The New York Times indicate? A. A millisecond is one thousandth of a second. B. A millisecond has nothing to do with the Internet speed. C. A millisecond really makes a difference to the Internet users. D. Even 400 milliseconds is too long for most Internet users. 68. Which of the following is NOT what engineers have done to improve the speed? A. Improving the quality of pictures on the Internet. B. Laying fiber optic cables for high-speed transmissions. C. Placing computer servers throughout the world. D. Making software work more smoothly. 69. What can be the best title of this passage? A. Don?t make me “www.wait”. B. Search engines work faster. C. Traffic jams keep us waiting. D. The World Wide Web becomes popular. 70. What?s the writer?s attitude towards the future of the Internet speed? A. Confused. B. Disappointed. C. Confident. D. Discouraged.
第二卷（非选择题，共 35 分）
第五部分 任务型阅读（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 请认真阅读下面短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填上一个最恰当的单 词。注意：请将答案写在答题纸上。 Atlantis, a beautiful and wealthy island, is supposed to have existed over 11, 000 years ago. It was in the middle of the vast Atlantic Ocean, and was a centre for trade. Its people were very wealthy and powerful. The rulers of Atlantis controlled their people and land, and their power spread to Europe and Africa. The weather was very good in Atlantis, and therefore people could grow food all year around. Many different kinds of vegetables, fruits and nuts grew there, and a lot of different animals lived on the island, including elephants. Atlantis was the home of Poseidon, the Greek God of the Sea. Poseidon had five sets of twin boys, who became the first rulers of Atlantis. The island?s many hills, fields and rivers were divided between the ten brothers. The eldest son, Atlas, was the first king of Atlantis. He controlled the island?s central hill and its surrounding area.
第 7 页 共 10 页
At the top of the central hill, a temple was built in honor of Atlas?s father, Poseidon. Inside the temple was a huge gold statue of Poseidon. The rulers of Atlantis discussed laws in the temple. For centuries the people of Atlantis lived simple, honest and happy lives. However, over time they began to change. They enjoyed the power they had and desired more of it. When the God Zeus saw how corrupt (腐败) the people of Atlantis were, he was very angry and gathered the other gods together to decide on a punishment for them. The gods agreed with Zeus and decided to sink the island. In one short day and a half, the island of Atlantis, its people and its memory―a whole civilization―were destroyed forever, swallowed up by the sea.
Atlantis: The (71)
Brief (72) ▲ island of the
● It is a beautiful and wealthy island. ● It is supposed to have existed over 11,000 years ago. ● (73)
in the middle of the Atlantic ocean，it became a center
● The rulers of it got its people and land (74)
Weather on the island Stories about the island
It had very good weather.
It was suitable to grow food (75) ▲ the year. ● It was rich in fruits, vegetables and animals, elephants (76) ▲ . ● It was the home of Poseidon, the Greek God of the Sea. ● Poseidon?s five sets of sons became the first rulers of Atlantis. ● The ten brothers divided its hills, fields and rivers between themselves.
● The eldest son, Atlas was the first to (77)
the island. ● A temple was built on the top of the central hill in honor of Poseidon. (78) ▲ for ● People?s (79) ▲ to enjoy more power made them corruptive. the sinking of ● Zeus gathered the other Gods to decide to (80) ▲ them, by the island sinking the island, which was swallowed up by the sea in one and a half days. 第六部分 词汇检测 （共 25 空；每空 1 分，满分 25 分） 第一节 根据所给中文、首字母，通过上下文写出下列各句空格的单词，注意保持语义和形 式的一致。注意：请将答案写在答题纸上。 81. Although we have dismissed the idea that Rose may be the murderer, we are looking into all other ▲ (可能性) as well. ▲ (决心) can and are sure to win the match. ▲ (缓解) my suffering in those days.
82. Only people with strong
83. The pain-killer I got from my doctor 84. Jack! You owe me a reasonable ▲
(解释) for your refusing to work here.
第 8 页 共 10 页
85. She is
(满腔热情) about playing badminton and is now organizing a school
tournament. 86. The footprints b 87. — What?s your n — Chinese! 88. The little girl was fortunate because she n 89. I get tired of daily r 90. Is it c ▲ ▲ ▲ escaped being run over by a car. ▲ ▲ to the wild man have drawn the scientists? attention. ?
and intend to try something new for a change.
for you to go to the movie with me tonight?
第二节 根据所给提示完成句子。注意：请将答案写在答题纸上。 91. 钱包找不到了，可是他没有抱怨。 The wallet is ▲ to be found, but he didn?t make any ▲ .
92. 每一次她给我们作鼓舞人心的演讲时，她都给我们留下了深刻的印象。 Every time she gives us an ▲ speech, she always leaves us a deep ▲ .
93. 在当代社会，起重要作用的不是我们所说的话，而是我们所做的事情。 In ▲ society, it?s not what we say but what we do that ▲ .
94. 紫禁城吸引了无数国内外的游客。 The ▲ City has ▲ countless tourists at home and abroad.
95. 为了身体健康，我们必须要逐渐摆脱如吸烟、饮酒之类的坏习惯。 To be ▲ healthy, we have to ▲ get out of the bad habits, such as
smoking and drinking. 96. British English is slightly different from American English in pronunciation and spelling. British English slightly ▲ from American English in pronunciation and spelling.
97. They completed the project ahead of time. They completed the project in ▲ .
98. The police are questioning a man who has something to do with the case. The police are questioning a man in ▲ with the case.
99. Tom is tired out since he has been very busy with his term paper these days. Tom is tired out since he has been fully ▲ with his term paper these days.
100. According to those who saw what had happened, the old man was hit by a black car. According to the ▲ , the old man was hit by a black car.
第 9 页 共 10 页
单项选择（计 15 分） 21-25 ABADB 26-30 CDCAD 完形填空（计 20 分） 36-40 CDDCB 41-45 ADCBC
31-35 CBBBC 46-50 DACBC 51-55 ADBDB
阅读理解（计 30 分） A 篇 56~58 ADA B 篇 59-62 DAAB C 篇 63~66 BBBD D 篇 67~70 CAAC 任务型阅读（计 10 分） 71. Lost 72. introduction throughout 76. included 77. rule/ control 词汇检测（计 25 分） 73. Located/Lying/Situated 78. Reasons 74. under 79. desire 75.
第一节 81. possibilities 82. determination 83. relieved 84. explanation 85. enthusiastic 86. belonging 87. nationality 88. narrowly 89. routine 90. convenient 第二节 91. nowhere, complaint(s) 92. inspiring, impression 93. contemporary, counts/ matters 94. Forbidden, attracted 95. physically, gradually 96. differs 97. advance 98. connection 99. occupied 100. witnesses
第 10 页 共 10 页