A 1.●abandon v. 放弃，遗弃，抛弃 abandon the baby/ child/ friend abandon the plan/ idea/ effort/ hope abandon oneself to 陷入，沉湎于 2. ◎
ability n. 能力； 才能 to the best of one’s ability 竭尽全力 反义词：normal 4. ◎aboard prep. adv.在船（飞机，火车）上，上船(飞机，轮船) all the people aboard 机上的人 5. about prep 关于，ad 大约，到处 a) be about to do sth…(when) b) look about/around/round 6 . above prep 在…上面 7. abroad ad.到(在)国外 外 8. ●absence n. 不在，缺席 absence from work/ school in the absence of 在缺少…条件下 9. ◎absent adj. 缺席的， 不在的 The decision was made in my absence. The case was dismissed in the absence of proof. be absent from absent-minded adj. 心不在焉的 I was about to go out when it began to rain. c) How/What about…询问情况或建议 above all 首先;尤其 a) go /study /live abroad b) at home and abroad 在国内 He abandoned himself to despair. the ability to walk 行走的能力 He completed the job to the best of his ability. They thought his behavior was abnormal.
10. ◎absorb vt. 1) 吸收，吸进（液体，气体等） 2) 理解，掌握 absorb ink/ water/ neat/ light/ oxygen/ sound/ energy absorb information/ knowledge 11.●abuse v / n. 滥用，谩骂 12. accept vt. accept the gift /invitation /plan 13.●access n.方法，通路，机会 The only access to the farm was a narrow bridge. Only high officials have access to the emperor. We students have access to the school library. accessible adj. 可进入的，可接近的，可使用的 Such information is not easily accessible to the public. 14. accident n.事故，意外的事 by accident/chance 偶然，无意中；不小心 15. ●accompany v. 陪伴，伴随，伴奏 accompany sb. to the school/ supermarket accept sb/sth as… be absorbed in 专注于，聚精会神于… abuse alcohol/ drugs 酗酒 /嗜毒
abuse power/ position/ privilege 滥用权力/职权/特权
accompany the singer on / at the piano 16. ●accomplish v. 完成，到达，实现 accomplish the task/ purpose/ goal 17. according to 根据
Lightening usually accompanies thunder. accomplishment n. 成就，成绩
According to the law, he should be sentenced to death. accuse sb of (doing ) sth 控告… He was soon accustomed to getting up
18. ◎accuse vt. 指控，指责
19.● accustomed adj. 习惯的，适应的，惯常的 be/ get/ become accustomed to doing early. 20. ache vi./n headache / toothache 21. achieve vt 达到；取得 22.◎achievement achieve success/victory/one’s goal; n. 成就，业绩；完成（任务等） make great achievements 23.●acknowledge v. 承认，致谢 It is generally acknowledged that global warming is caused by greenhouse gases. Yaoming is acknowledged as/ to be the best player in China. I acknowledged financial support from the local government. 24. across prep across 碰到 25. act n.法令，条例 act as 充当；扮演 26. action n. 行动 28.◎activity n. 活动 29.actual a.实际的 vt.表演，扮演，行动，做事 act out 把…表演出来 take action to do sth outdoor activities 户外运动 actually adv. vt. 使适应 in (actual) fact 实际上 adaptation n. 适 adapt to change /the city life put sth into action 把…付诸实施 take an active part in /be active in 积极参加 cross v. I walked across the street.; cross a street; come/run My back aches so much. achievement n 成就
27. active adj. 积极的;主动的
30●adapt vi. 适应，适合，改编 应 31. add
adapt oneself to the new surroundings vt 添加，增加，补充说（that）
adapt the novel for a film
add up 把…加在一起 add up to 总计为; 总数为 b) He added that he would come again. d) These numbers add up to 100.
a) His illness added to our trouble. c) Please add these figures up. e) He added some salt to the water. 32. address n.地址
address the letter to sb. 给某人寄信 The letter was wrongly addressed. The president addressed the public. 33.●adjust vt. 调整，调节，适应 adjust to the dark/ the single life adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera adjust yourself to the student life adjustment n. 调
整，调节 34. admire v 钦佩.;羡慕 admire sb for sth I admire John for his courage. admit doing/having done 35. admit vt （admitted ,admitted） 1) 承认 admit one’s mistakes; He admitted having stolen the money. 2) 准许（入场，入学，入会） admit sb to /into→sb be admitted to He has been admitted to Beijing University. 36.●adopt v. 收养，采用，采纳 adopt a child the adopted son/ daughter adj. advanced 先进的/ 高级的 an advanced worker to sb’s advantage 对 （某人） adopt a new policy/ a suggestion/ a plan/ an attitude 37. advance vi 推进，促进；前进 in advance 预先，事先
38. advantage n. 优点，好处(可数名词) 反：disadvantage take advantage of 利用 have an advantage over 优于… 有利 39. ◎advertise vt. 为…做广告 1）为…做广告 advertise a product / things 2）登广告征求/寻找… advertise for a new sales manager 40. advice n/u. advise vt. 忠告,劝告,建议 建议 ask sb for advice 向某人寻求建议 give sb some advice on sth advise sb (not) to do; advise doing; advise that …(should)+do Our teacher advised that we should study hard. 41. ●affect vt. 影响, 深深打动，使悲伤等 Smoking affects health. People were deeply affected by the death of Jin Zhengri. I can’t afford a book/to buy the book be afraid of doing 害怕… She was afraid of waking him up. 42. afford vt. 负担得起,抽得出(时间); 提供 can/could/be able to afford sth/to do sth 43. afraid a. 害怕的；担心 be afraid to do 因为害怕不敢做…; She was afraid to go out alone at night. 44. against a piece of advice 一条建议 take/follow/ accept one’s advice 接受某人的
prep 对着，反对, 靠着，迎着，衬着 The pine tree were black against the morning sky. for ages 多年; at an early age; at the age of … ; After his wife’s death he aged quickly.
stand against the wall (靠墙站着) go against nature; be against sth 反对 They are strongly against the plan. 45. age n.年龄；时代 of the same age=of an age vi. 变老
46. agree vi. 同意；应允 1）agree with ① agree with sb / what you say/your opinion. ②表示一致;― (食物、天气、工作等)对…适宜‖： The weather does not agree with me. 这种天气对我不适宜。 A verb must agree with its subject in person and number. What he does does not agree with what he says. 他言行不一致。 2）agree to the plan/ the arrangement/ the suggestion . 3）agree on /upon 主要指双/多方通过协商而取得一致意见或达成协议： We agreed on the price. 我们就价格达成了一致意见。 Both sides agreed on these terms. 双方都同意这些条件。 4) agree to do sth He agreed to go with us. 他同意同我们去。 6) I can’t/couldn’t agree more. 5) reach/arrive at/come to an agreement 48.◎aid n. 援助；救护；辅助工具 first aid 急救 by ( the) aid of 借助于，通过…的帮助 v. 帮助，促进 49. aim at ① 瞄准,对准 He aimed the gun at the enemy officer. ② (向某方面)努力 She's aiming at ( trying to win) a scholarship. ③ 针对某人 My words were not aimed at you. 50.◎alike adj. 相像，十分相似 We are alike in many ways. adv. 相似的，相同的 They tried to treat their children alike. 51. alive a. 活着的，存在的 of The lake was alive with fish. 52. allow allow for 把 考虑进去 53. almost adv 几乎，差不多 Almost no one/nobody came to the party. 54. alone adj/adv 单独的 孤独的 1) 形容词 She is alone at home. （她独自一人在家。） 2) 副词 I like to work alone. （我喜欢独自一人工作。） 3) ―只有，仅仅‖， The shoes alone cost $200. ※ let /leave sb /sth alone 别打扰 let alone 更不用说 ? lonely 1) 定语， ―孤单的，无伴侣的，无人烟的，荒凉的，偏僻的‖ a lonely man / island. There was almost no snow that winter. Who is the greatest man alive.(后置定语) Has everything been allowed for in your plan? v 准许，允许 allow doing/ sb to do catch …alive 活捉 keep…alive be alive with= be full in aid of 支持 come/ go to one’s aid 帮助某人 aid (sb/ sth) in/ with ( doing) sth 帮助某人做…
47. ahead ad. 在前，向前 ahead of time 提前 go ahead 前进，干吧，说吧
2) 表语， ―孤寂的， 寂寞的‖ 55. aloud
※ He lives alone but he doesn’t feel lonely.
ad.大声地 read aloud/ think aloud
56. ◎amaze vt. 使惊奇，惊叹；震惊 What amazes me is how long she managed to hide it from us. It amazed me that he could be so calm at such a time. amazed adj. 惊奇的，惊讶的 amazing adj.令人惊奇的，惊叹的；震惊的 I’ m ___ that you have never heard of the Rolling Stones. It’s ____ how often you see drivers using mobile phones. 57. ◎ amount n. 数额（尤指数量，大小等） a large amount of +u/n large amounts of +u/n v. （数量，意义等） 等同，相当于 amount to 1) （数量上）达到，总计 Time lost through illness amounts to 1,357 working days.因疾病而损失的时间总共为 2）等于，意味着 Ultimately, their ideas amount to the same thing. 58. ● amuse vt. 使快乐， 逗乐 amuse sb. 使…高兴 the kids. be amused by/at/ with 被…逗乐 59. ◎amusement n. 1) 娱乐,乐趣 amuse oneself 自娱自乐 amusement n. to one’s amusement to one’s amusement 让某人发笑 The boys amused themselves by drawing. 归根结底，他们想的都是一回事。 The funny drawings amused
They were dancing and singing in the car, much to the amusement of passers-by. 他们在车里跳舞，唱歌，让路人感到十分有趣。 2) 娱乐活动，消遣活动 amusements 笑 amused / amusing 情 an amusing story/ film 有趣的，好笑的，逗人发笑的故事/ 电影 60. angry adj 生气的，愤怒的 (angrily /angrier ) be angry at (about) 因为…而生气 be angry with sb 生某人的气 61. announce vt. 宣布，宣告，公布 announce a decision / plan/ intention make an announcement 62.◎announcement n. 通告，通知 63.◎annoy vt. （使）烦恼 be annoyed with sb.for (at) sth. annoying adj. 讨厌的，令人烦恼的 What annoyed him most was that he had received no apology. annoyed adj. 略感烦恼（生气）的 It’s _____that we didn’t know about this before.令人恼火的事，我们事先并不知道这一切 announce sth to sb announce that At the end of the meeting , it was announced that an agreement had been reached. adj. an amused smile / look/ expression 愉快的微笑/ 神情/ 表 amuse vt. amuse sb/ oneself 使开心，逗
Mr Davies was ____that the books were missing.戴维斯先生生气了，因为那些书不见了。 64. answer n. the answer to the question 65. ◎anxiety n. 忧虑，焦急，担心 anxious adj. 焦虑的，不安的；担心的 be anxious about sth for sb 渴望的，急切的 be anxious to do sth 67. ◎apologize n. 道歉，歉意 apology n. make an apology/ apologies to sb for sth 68. ●appeal v. n. 吸引，呼吁，恳求 The design has appealed to people of all ages. environment. have/ hold appeal for sb. 对某人有吸引力 69. appear 1) vi. 出现，露面 2) 系动词 似乎，好像 It appears (to sb) that /as if It appears to me that he will win It appears that all the files have been deleted.档案好像都已经被删除了。 Police say there appear to be signs of a break-in.警方称似乎有破门而入的迹象。 70. ◎appearance n. 出现，露面；容貌 71.◎application n.申请 72. apply v. 申请 apply sth to …运用，应用 judge by appearances 以貌取人 make an application for apply for 申请；请求，接洽 apply oneself to 致力于，集中精力做某事 lose one’s appeal 失去吸引力 The man suddenly ______ from behind the tree scared me. appear+ (to be) + n/adj 似乎 He appeared to be happy in the news. I appeal to you to protect the apologise to sb for sth v. answer a question/the door/the phone； answer for 对… 负责 You will have to answer for your wrong doing one day.
73. ●appoint vt. 任命，委派，安排，确定 1) 任命，委派 A committee was appointed to consider the plan. 一个委员会被指定去研 究这些计划。 2). 约定，确定 74. appointment n. make an appointment 约定、会 75. ◎appreciate vt. 欣赏；感激 job. 76. ◎approach 1). v. 接近；靠近；走进 The winter vacation is approaching. As they approached the wood, a rabbit ran out of the trees. I find him difficult to approach. 2). n. 接近；方法；途径；通路 He decided to adopt a different approach and teach the Bible through story-telling. his appointment as president 他担任总统的任命 appreciate your concern appreciate doing sth I’d appreciate it if you let me get on with my He was appointed as chairman. Everyone got there at the appointed time.
In the evening he made his way to the appointed meeting place.
appreciate your abilities/ fine works of art
His approach to the problem are wrong. troops. 77. ●approve vi. 赞成 idea He doesn’t approve of my leaving this year. approval n. 79. argue vi. 争辩，争论 n. argument vt. 同意，批准
All the approach to the palace were guarded by approve of 赞成，同意 approve of one’s
approve the plan/ proposal 通过计划/ 提议 1) argue for /against 赞成/反对
2) argue sb into/out of doing sth 说服某人做/不做某事 3) argue with sb about sth 与某人争论某事 80. ◎arise arose arisen vi. 现。 2）起床，起身，起立 He arose at dawn. 他黎明即起。 81.◎argument n. over sth 82. arm n. 手臂,支架 武器（复） vt. 以…装备,武装起来 副武装 83. around 在周围; 在附近; 大约 around the corner 在拐角处，即将到来 84.◎arrange vt. 安排，布置 arrange an appointment 安排预约 weekend? We had arranged that I would go for the weekend.我们商量好了，这个周末我去。 He arrived as arranged. 他如约而至。 The company will arrange for a taxi to meet you at the airport. Dave arranged for someone to drive him home. arrangement n. 安排，布置 85.◎arrest vt. 逮捕，拘捕 n. 86. arrive v arrival 87. article n. 文章；东西；物品；冠词 88. ashamed 89. asleep adj 惭愧，害臊 (表语形容词) fall asleep 入睡 He seems to be fast adj 睡着的，熟睡 an article of clothing 一件衣服 make arrangements for… He got arrested for careless driving. arrive at Guests receive dinner on/upon their Have you arranged to meet Mark this around the clock 昼夜不停地 arm in arm arm…with… be armed to the teeth 全 手挽手 take up arms 拿起武器 1)争论，辩论 have an argument with sb about / over sth argue v. argue with sb about / 2) 论点，论据 a powerful argument against smoking 1) 出现，发生，产生 A new crisis has arisen. 新危机出
Armed with the new equipment, the explorers entered the cave.
put / place sb under arrest 逮捕某人 arrival n. 到来； 达到
asleep. 90. ●assist v. 帮助，协助 assist sb. in dong /with sth. we’ll assist you in finding a place to live. She employed a woman to assist her with the housework. assistance n. technical/ military assistance 技术/军事援助 91. ●assume v. 假定，假设 It is assumed that…普遍认为 assuming （that）… 假设，假如
I had assumed him to be a teacher. 我本以为他是老师。 He assumed an air of concern. 他装出关心的样子。 92. assumption n. a) be ashamed of 以为是耻辱 b) be ashamed of oneself for 为…而害羞 ※ ashamed & shameful c) feel ashamed for sb 替某人感到羞愧
ashamed 指事物使人感到羞耻、惭愧、害臊； shameful 指事物或本身可耻不道德。 He is ashamed of his shameful conduct. 93. astonish v 使惊讶 94. attach attach …to attempt to do attempt sth He was charged