By Lai Xia
Revision Reading Language points Writing Summary and homework
1. be known as… v.n. 2. change
… into… v. 3. have a beautiful singing voice 4. move to v. 5. of all time prep. 6. more than adv. 7. have musical talent v. 8.by the time conj. 9.as well as conj. 10. be impressed with 11. encourage sb. to do v. 12. the rest of n. 13.go deaf v. 14.continue composing v.
Who is he?
Ye Xiaogang 叶小刚
Cultural corner Ye Xiaogang
What’s the main idea of the passage? Brief introduction of Ye Xiaogang or Ye Xiaogang’s experiences
Fast Reading Fill in the form below.
nationality job Main achievements Style of music
Ye Xiaogang male Chinese composer received many prizes, at home and abroad symphonies, film music
What did he do or happened to him in the following years: 1955: born studied at the Central Conservatory 1978-1983: of Music 1985: a concert of his symphonies 1986: his album appeared Since1993: has worked part of the time in Beijing
and part of time in the US The group he is in played with a famous Italian musician at the Beijing International Jazz Festival.
Cultural corner Ye Xiaogang
1. Ye Xiaogang began studying piano in _____ C A. 1955 B. 1978 C. 1959 D. 1983 2. After graduation, he worked at the Central B Conservatory of Music as_____ A. a musician B. a lecturer
C. a singer
D. an actor
3. From the passage we know the following D facts except_____. A. Ye Xiaogang held a concert of symphonies in Beijing in 1985. B. Ye is famous for mixing Chinese musical traditions with western forms and instrumentation. C. Ye is a member of the Beijing music Group Eclipse. D. Ye Xiaogang has received many prizes only in China.
1. 叶小刚，生于1955年，是以新潮派著称的 中国作曲家之一。幼年时就显示出音乐才能. Yexiaogang, who was born in 1955, is one of a group of Chinese composers known as the New Tide. He showed musical ability at an early age . 2.从1978年到1983年，叶小刚在中央音乐学院学 习，毕业以后留校做讲师。 From 1978 till 1983, he studied at the Central Conservatory of Music of China. After graduation, he worked there as a lecturer.
3.他以将中国传统音乐和西方形式和器乐 谱写相结合而著称。 He is famous for mixing Chinese musical traditions with western forms and instrumentation.
Ye Xiaogang has received many prizes, in China and in other countries.
Write a biography about a composer or musician you like, using the following as a guide.
1.When ,where and in which kind of family he /she was born? 2. How he/she spent his/her childhood or youth 3. About his/her education 4.What are his /her famous works 5. What his/her style is/was
的生平事迹---总结性评价 3. 人物传记的人称： 一般为第三人称 4. 人物传记的时态： 记叙已故的人, 已发生的事，以过去时为主， 描写现在的人或事, 以现在时态为主。
Present a biography of Lang Lang 郎朗
郎朗,世界著名钢琴家，出生于1982年6月14日， 沈阳。 幼年时就显示出音乐才能 ,3岁开始学习钢琴,9岁 考入北京音乐学院；1996年，14岁考入著名美国科 蒂斯音乐学院 （the Curtis Institute of Music）。 5岁和7岁连续二次获沈阳钢琴比赛第一名，9岁获 全国钢琴比赛第一名。目前为止，他在国内外已经 得了很多奖。 现在他是与世界顶级的柏林爱乐乐团(Berlin philharmonic orchestra)和美国五大交响乐团的音乐 家们一起演奏的第一位中国钢琴家。
Lang Lang, who was born on the 14th of June,1982 in Shenyang, is a worldfamous pianist.
2. 幼年时就显示出音乐才能 ,3岁开始学习 钢琴.9岁考入北京音乐学院；1996年，14 岁考入著名美国科蒂斯音乐学院 （the Curtis Institute of Music）。 He showed musical ability at an early age and began studying the piano at the age of 3. He studied at Beijing Central Music conservatory in 1991 and in 1996 he went to the Curtis Institute of Music of America.
have a talent / gift for 对……有天赋，
3. 他不但在5岁和7岁时连续二次获沈阳钢 琴比赛第一名，而且在9岁时获全国钢琴 比赛第一名。到目前为止，他已经在国内 外获得了很多奖项。 He won the first place not only in the Shenyang piano competition when he was five and seven, but also in the national piano competition when he was nine. Up to now, he has received many prizes, in China and in other countries.
5. 现在他是与世界顶级乐团，如柏林爱 乐乐团(Berlin philharmonic orchestra)和 美国五大交响乐团的音乐家们一起演奏 的第一位中国钢琴家; Nowadays Lang Lang is the first Chinese pianist that plays with many of the top orchestras in the world，such as Berlin philharmonic orchestra and the five big American orchestras.
Lang Lang, who was born on the 14th of June,1982 in Shenyang, is a world-famous pianist. He showed musical ability at an early age and began studying the piano at the age of 3. When he was five, he won the first place in the Shenyang piano competition and for the second time at the age of seven. He entered Beijing Central Music conservatory in 1991, and he won first prize in national competition pianist . Nowadays Lang Lang has received many prizes, in China and in other countries. He is the first Chinese pianist that plays with many of the major orchestras of the world，such as Berlin philharmonic orchestra and the big five American orchestras.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
作为…而著名 因为…而著名 1 be known as /for 2 at an early age 小时候 从…到… 3 form…till… 毕业过后 4 after graduation 作为一名讲师 5 work as a lecturer 6 from that time 从那时起 7 the leading modern composer 领先的现代作曲家 把…与…混合在一起 8 mix…with… 9 a member of …… 一个…的成员 10 play works 演奏作品 11 play with sb. 和某人一起演奏 有时 12 part of the time Go back
成长经历常用表达 be born in; when he /she was young; as a boy; have musical talent; have a gift/genius for; be crazy about; develop an interest in; learn…by oneself; work as; serve as 概括性评价常用表达 be considered as; be remembered as/for; be well-known as/for; make great contributions to; one of the greatest artists/musicians…in the history of; of all time, think highly of 功绩成就常用表达 receive a doctor’s degree; win the Nobel Prize; devote oneself to/one’s energy/one’s life to