山西重点中学协作体高二下学期英语暑假作业 6 一、单项选择题 1、Because the territorial and sovereignty disputes have not been subjected to the arbitration, we think the arbitration is il legal.___________, we do not parti
cipate in it nor accept it. A. Therefore B. so that C. but for D. and then 2、You know: Love is everywhere, ________it.It will be better than you imagined. A. look around B. look up C. look down D. look for 3、Chinese President Xi Jinping_________a speech at the first session of the 10th summit of the Group of Twenty (G20) major economies in Antalya（安塔利亚）, Turkey, on Nov. 15, 2015. A、make B、delivered C、catch D、thought 4、The woman tried _______ to push the man away when he tried to snatch the bag from her. A. consciously B. tightly C. casually D. desperately 5、The world economy has improved _______ since the end of last year，but major problems and challenges are not fully solved. A. somehow B. somewhat C. anyhow D. meanwhile 6、—Did your son go to dentist’s to have his bad tooth pulled out? —Yes, though _______. A. contentedly B. reluctantly C. earnestly D. controversially 二、阅读理解 7、任务型阅读 Our brain is probably the most important organ in our body. It's an incredibly complex thing that helps us think, speak, feel and move. It's no wonder we need to look after it and just like the rest of our body, we need to keep it exercised to keep it healthy. Our brain is made up of 86 billion neurons – or nerve cells – but as we get older some of these slowly die off. In extreme cases, nerve cells in different areas of the brain become damaged and eventually die causing a condition called dementia where a person is unable to perform certain mental functions. It's a good idea to train our brain by learning ways to increase our memory or intelligence. I like to stretch my brain by doing a crossword or a Sudoku puzzle. There's also evidence that learning a second language can boost your brainpower. Dr Catherine Loveday, who's aneuropsychologist, thinks being bilingual is a protective factor for the brain because it "involves a lot of switchings and that seems to exercise the sort of executive parts of our brain. Those parts of the brain are kind of stronger and fitter when it comes to resisting some kind of damage from a stroke." But if you're not bilingual there are other ways to stretch your brain: If you're right handed, doing tasks like brushing your teeth with your left hand will improve your brain – or something I find very challenging, memorising a list of words, such as a shopping list. The main aim of trying these skills is to stimulate the brain. This is something Dr. Loveday describes as building up our cognitive reserve – that's building up extra abilities to help protect the brain against declining memory or thinking. She says "even if people take up languages or take up other things later in life it will give them a degree of protection." As I get older, that has put my mind at rest! The best bit of research I have read is that eating chocolate may enhance our ability to acquire and utilise knowledge – that's our cognitive performance. It may not be healthy for the rest of
my body but at least it might make me a brain box! What do you think? 阅读前：词汇表：补充空缺处 organ _________ neurons 神经元 ________神经细胞 dementia 痴呆症、失智症 mental functions 脑功能 intelligence 智力 _________填字游戏 brainpower 脑力，智力 neuropsychologist 神经心理学家 bilingual （能使用）两种语言的，双语的 executive 执行指令的 resisting __________ stroke 中风 stimulate 促进（身体某部位）的功能 challenging 有挑战性的 ____________认知储备 abilities 能力 put my mind at rest 让我放心了 _________提高，增强 utilise____________ cognitive performance 认知表现，认知能力 a brain box 非常聪明的人 测验与练习 1. 听音频，阅读课文并回答问题。 1. In the article, what was the brain described as?
2. Name something you can do to help train your brain.
3. True or false: Being bilingual helps you brush your teeth with your left hand. 4. What word used in connection with using your brain means 'using all your intelligence or ability.'?
5. What do some people believe can make you more intelligent but might also make you fat?
1. The entrance exam was designed to test the student's __________ . intelligent intelligance intelligence insignificance 2. John was unable to __________ the temptation of having another slice of chocolate cake. stimulate enhance utilise resist 3. Please let me know when you arrive home, it will put my __________ at rest. brain mind neurons body 4. The newly refurbished carriages will certainly _________ people's experience of travelling by train. enhance stimulate challenge utilise 5. Martin is a bit of a _________ so we're glad to have him on our team for the pub quiz. boxed brain brain drain brain box brained box 8、信息匹配阅读 fall short of attach to feel at ease add value to in the open air show off light up base on interfere with call for fall into put a high value on 1. Both countries agreed that normal relations would ______ non-interference in each other's internal affairs. 2. They are encouraged to write their personal opinions and ______ their creativity and literary skills. 3. To ________, try closing your eyes, then opening them slowly just before the photo is taken. 4. All the more technically advanced countries ________ science. 5. The problems freshmen are faced with after entering a high school generally_____ two categories. 6. Devices to monitor your heart rate and blood pressure will ________ your body. 7. Opportunities are not offered. They must be wrested and worked for. And this _____ perseverance and courage. -- ---- Gandhi 8. They were asked to quantify their pain intensity, as well as report how much the pain altered their mood, affected their work and ________ relationships and daily activities 9. As tech giant after tech giant lined up to report their earnings this month, most of them _____ ___ investors’ and analysts’ expectations. 10. Hangzhou is famous for its beautiful scenery; drinking tea __________ is an agreeableenjoym ent.
答案 1-6 ADBDBB 7、词汇表 organ 器官 neurons 神经元 nerve cells 神经细胞 dementia 痴呆症、失智症 mental functions 脑功能 intelligence 智力 crossword 填字游戏 brainpower 脑力，智力 neuropsychologist 神经心理学家 bilingual （能使用）两种语言的，双语的 executive 执行指令的 resisting 抵抗，抵御 stroke 中风 stimulate 促进（身体某部位）的功能 challenging 有挑战性的 cognitive reserve 认知储备 abilities 能力 put my mind at rest 让我放心了 enhance 提高，增强 utilise 利用，使用 cognitive performance 认知表现，认知能力 a brain box 非常聪明的人 1. 阅读课文并回答问题。 1. In the article, what was the brain described as? An organ. 2. Name something you can do to help train your brain. Doing a crossword or Sudoku puzzle, learning another language. 3. True or false: Being bilingual helps you brush your teeth with your left hand. False. The article said if you're right handed, doing tasks like brushing your teeth with your left hand will improve your brain. 4. What word used in connection with using your brain means 'using all your intelligence or ability.'? The word is 'stretch' ['stretch your brain'] 5. What do some people believe can make you more intelligent but might also make you fat? Eating chocolate. 2.请你在不参考课文的情况下完成下列练习。选择一个意思合适的单词填入句子的空格处。 1. The entrance exam was designed to test the student's intelligence. 2. John was unable to resist the temptation of having another slice of chocolate cake. 3. Please let me know when you arrive home, it will put my mind at rest. 4. The newly refurbished carriages will certainly enhance people's experience of travelling by train.
5. Martin is a bit of a brain box so we're glad to have him on our team for the pub quiz. 8、 1be based on 2show off 3 feel at ease 4put a high value on 5 fall into 6 be attached to 7calls for 8 interfered with 9fell short of 10 in the open air