Book4 Module 3 单元测试题（外研版）
Class: Name: Marks: 满分（120） 一、单项填空 (共15小题; 每小题1分, 满分15分) 1.— Tonight’s show is a fantastic one that you shouldn’t miss. — , but I have to work overtime at my of
fice. B. I wish I could D. I’m working on it they are not managed carefully. D. before A. It doesn’t matter C. Never mind
2. Small boats can easily turn over in the river A. though B. until C. if 3. Please do me a favor — A. to invite B. inviting
my uncle John to the party this Thursday. C. invite D. invited
4. The sudden fire caused a A. risk — Sure, A. it’s a deal B. panic
in the cinema, and the crowd all ran away in all directions. C. survey D. surprise
5. — Excuse me, I’m new here. May I ask you a favor? . B. just let it be C. take care D. go ahead
6. Mary’s laughter seemed to be A. generous B. nervous
, and soon all her team began to cheer up. C. ridiculous D. infectious
7. The tourists in the zoo are all busy A. to take B. taking
pictures of the lovely pandas. C. to taking D. being taken population of the city
8. Professor William is by far knows him. A. the; the 9. You mustn’t A. give off B. a; the
kindest man and half
C. /; a
D. a; a
the whole story. Keep this as a total secret between you and me. B. give up C. give in D. give away people may have a rest when they finish
10. By the shop window, there are several sofas shopping. A. which B. where C. from which
D. by which
11. The school survey showed that the students’ attitudes to how to deal with difficulties in life widely. A. fell B. varied C. expanded D. spread
12. I could feel my heart beating quickly A. a long time B. the first time
I went on stage to give a lecture. D. in no time in a sport you like and enjoy yourself. D. involved
C. by a time
13. It is such good weather, and I suggest you get A. burned 14. B. started C. caught
thirsty I am, I never seem to be able to finish the large bottle of Cola placed before
me. A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Wherever D. However you do well in every subject, you won’t be elected the monitor. C. because D. when
15. I had to tell you that A. unless B. if
二、完形填空 (共20小题; 每小题1分, 满分20分) It was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect for a picnic, so when lunch time came, we set our sights on a small entrance. Then my friend Robby company (陪伴). We wanted it. 20 19 18 for a hot dog stand (摊), and I decided to keep her 16 in town. We decided to 17 up by the pond near the
the man put together the perfect hot dog just the way Robby 21 us. He said,
when she took out her money to pay him, the man 22
―This is my freebie (免费赠品) of the day.‖ We thanked him and park. On our way back, I was 23 by a man sitting alone nearby, 25 tell by his appearance that he hadn’t voice ask, ―There isn’t any 29 31
our friends in the 24 at us. I could
for days. Another homeless person, I thought. 26 away our lunch bag, I heard a in the bag, is there?‖ It was the man who had been 30 in his
But when Robby and I went to the garbage can to 27 28 watching us. ―No, I voice. He was obviously
it already.‖ ―Oh‖ was his only answer, with
. Suddenly Robby said, ―I’ll be right back. Please wait for a 32 as she went across to the hot dog stand. Then I
minute,‖ and ran off. I watched with 33 ―I was just passing on the learned how generosity can go others how to give. 16. A. park 17. A. show 18. A. sought 19. A. watched 20. A. So 21. A. frightened 22. A. reminded 23. A. attracted 24. A. waving 25. A. drunk 26. A. throw 27. A. serious 28. A. trash 29. A. sold B. yard B. meet B. searched B. helped B. And B. amused B. invited B. pulled B. staring B. worked B. put B. low B. paper B. fell
what she was doing. She bought a hot dog and gave it to the man. 34 35 that someone gave to me,‖ Robby said. That day I than the person you give to. By giving, you also teach
C. garden C. dress C. looked C. ordered C. But C. surprised C. called C. attacked C. laughing C. exercised C. get C. sweet C. food C. ate
D. beach D. pick D. headed D. made D. Thus D. interested D. joined D. injured D. smiling D. showered D. take D. strong D. bottles D. bought
30. A. doubt 31. A. hungry 32. A. admiration 33. A. recognized 34. A. kindness 35. A. wider
B. shame B. angry B. curiosity B. believed B. friendship B. further
C. pleasure C. calm C. excitement C. imagined C. peace C. deeper
D. disappointment D. nervous D. concern D. realized D. respect D. higher
三、阅读理解 (共20小题; 每小题2分, 满分40分) A Body language is the quiet, secret and most powerful language of all! It is said that our body movements communicate about 50 percent of what we really mean while words only express 7 percent. So, while your mouth is closed, your body is just saying... Arms. How you hold your arms shows how open and receptive you are to people you meet. If you keep your arms to the sides of your body or behind your back, this suggests you are not afraid of taking on whatever comes your way. Outgoing people generally use their arms with big movements, while quieter people keep them close to their bodies. If someone upsets you, just cross your arms to show you’re unhappy! Head. When you want to appear confident, keep your head level. If you are a monitor in class, you can also take on this position when you want your words to be taken seriously. However, to be friendly in listening or speaking, you must move your head a little. Legs. Your legs tend to move around a lot more than normal when you are nervous or telling lies. If you are at interviews, try to keep them still! Posture (姿势). A good posture makes you feel better about yourself. If you are feeling down, you normally don’t sit straight, with your shoulders inwards. This makes breathing more difficult, which can make you feel nervous or uncomfortable. Mouth. When you are thinking, you often purse your lips. You might also use this position to hold back an angry comment you don’t wish to show. However, it will probably still be noticed, and people will know you’re not pleased. Face. When you lie, you might put on a false face. But that expression would crack briefly, allowing displays of true emotions such as happiness, sadness, disgust (厌恶) and fear to come through. 36. When someone is keeping his arms behind his back, he tries to tell you that A. he is outgoing C. he is not afraid B. he is angry D. he is cool . .
37. If you want to appear confident, you should A. move your arms a lot B. keep your head level C. move your head a little
D. cross your arms 38. Which of the following movements tells someone is nervous? A. Moving around a lot more than normal. B. Not sitting straight with the shoulders inwards. C. Having the lips pursed to hold back an angry comment. D. Keeping the arms to the sides of the body. 39. What can we infer from the passage? A. Different people in different countries must have the same understanding of the same body movement. B. Body language can express more meanings than words do in communication. C. We cannot communicate with others without words. D. It’s not polite to use body language in formal communication. 40. Which of the following can be the best title of the passage? A. Body language, the most commonly used language B. Arms tell more than legs C. Facial expressions tell the truth D. One simple movement lets slip secrets of mind B Gaochun County, a picturesque county in east China’s Jiangsu Province, was expected to be named the first “slow city” in China in November this year. The arrival of Pier Giorgio Oliveti, chairman of the World Slow City Union, raised the idea of a slow city, which has become popular all over the world. In Shanghai, Oliveti said that the slow city movement was founded in his hometown of Italy in October of 1999. “Italy is the birthplace of slow food, which emphasizes nutrition, flavor and taste,” he said. Oliveti said the idea of a slow city has also expanded constantly during its development, which has led to some special requirements today. For instance, the slow city always emphasizes a small town and its residents, keeps a unique identity, characteristics and keeps the natural state of the town. It adopts technology without losing traditional customs and offers to provide a clean environment, a fair deal and healthy food for all. In addition, the slow city has to be eco-friendly with a population of no more than 50,000, and it must be deeply devoted to protecting and keeping the purity of the natural environment as well as greatly promoting and carrying out sustainable (可持续的) development technologies. The ecological tour of Gaochun County includes an area of about 49 square kilometers with around 20,000 residents. It has a lot of tea, bamboo fruits, herbs (草本植物) and other green food ecological bases as well as rich folk culture resources. There are now 135 slow cities in 24 countries across the world that have been named since the founding of the organization in 1999.
41. To qualify to be called a slow city, a city must a. have less and low-speed traffic b. be environmentally friendly c. keep the natural state of the town d. stop the traditional ways of doing things e. have a population within 50, 000 A. a, b and d. C. b, c and e. B. a, b and c. D. c, d and e.
42. We can conclude that slow city movement aims to A. protect the environment of local schools C. give people more time to travel
. B. control the population of big cities D. improve quality of life
43. Which of the following is NOT true about the slow city movement? A. The slow city movement was started in Italy. B. “Slow city” is a movement to eat slowly in Italian cities. C. The slow city movement has a long history of over 20 years. D. Only some cities can be considered slow ones. 44. The slow city movement implies that A. people wish to live a traditional life B. people begin to think about the negative effects of city development C. people are tired of living in urban areas due to great pressure D. people need to try a new adventurous style of life 45. Which of the following is probably the best title of the passage? A. The first slow city in China C. Slow cities and the slow city movement C An evergreen tree is a Christmas tradition in many American homes. The tree is usually a pine or fir dressed with lights and other colorful decorations. Families might buy a cut tree or go to a tree farm and cut one down themselves. Some people bring a live tree in a pot into their home for the holidays and then put it back outdoors. Some people rent a Christmas tree. Companies might bring the same live tree to the same family year after year. Or the tree might get planted in a park or someplace else where it could help the environment. There are some trees that can be reused year after year because they are made of plastic or metal. Or, instead of a tree, some people have a small, sweet-smelling rosemary (迷迭香) plant, cut to look like a little Christmas tree. Another plant that many people connect with Christmas is the poinsettia (一品红). Poinsettias are native to Mexico. They can be white or pink, but most are bright red. They are B. Slow cities in the world D. How can we make our city a slow city? .
named after the first American ambassador to Mexico. Joel Poinsett liked them enough to send some back to the United States. Babies or pets that chew on poinsettias might get sick. But experts say the plant is not as poisonous as some people think. Like millions of other houses, the home of America’s first president is decorated for Christmas. George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate is in Virginia. Visitors can hear stories about what Christmas was like at Mount Vernon in the eighteenth century. The museum where visitors begin their tour is decorated with Christmas trees. 46. What is the text mainly about? A. The customs of Christmas in America. B. The decoration of Christmas trees. C. The tradition of Christmas trees in America. D. The history of Christmas in America. 47. It can be inferred from the passage that .
A. Americans are not allowed to cut a tree for Christmas B. Americans have various ways to get a Christmas tree C. a Christmas tree must be planted after it is used D. every family will change their Christmas trees every year 48. People plant their Christmas trees somewhere after Christmas to A. use it again next year B. save money on Christmas trees C. help protect the environment D. hope for the best in the coming year 49. Joel Poinsett sent some poinsettias back to the United States because A. he wanted to give his people another kind of Christmas trees B. he wanted his people to remember him C. he wanted to plant them in his home . .
D. he was very fond of them 50. Which of the following is TRUE about poinsettias? A. American people like them. B. They are considered to be very poisonous by experts. C. They are not widely used as Christmas trees. D. They can only make the old and pets sick. D If I left the decisions up to my daughter, she’d never play competitive sports. In her first season of forced sports, when she was four years old, she cried every time she kicked the soccer ball. She stopped on the way from the parking lot to the soccer field, wailing that her legs hurt. And worse, she cried, “I’m sweating!”
A few years have passed, and she just completed her fourth soccer season. She’s starting her second year of softball. Sports trophies (奖杯) line her window platform. I learned from the years of football, soccer and baseball in my son’s youth that kids need to experience being on a team, and they might not beg you to sign them up. You might have to force it on them. They need to learn about sacrificing, and about commitment. If you read parenting articles out there, you’ll find plenty of folks who shy away from competitive sports because they want their kid to always feel like a winner. I don’t know what kind of idyllic (田园的) life these parents must be leading, but in my world, I’m thinking I need to sign my kids up for something that will teach them about life’s devastating disappointments. Hence, I think my daughter picked up some good life lessons when her team lost almost every game in the last season. Sometimes life is like that. Sometimes you get a bad call, the people on your team suck, you’re tired and don’t feel like playing, the coach is mean to you, someone scratches your face and steals the ball. And the next week, you put on your uniform, and try your best. 51. What attitude does the author have towards competitive sports? A. He supports children in taking part in competitive sports. B. He doesn’t like competitive sports himself. C. He doubts whether competitive sports can really benefit children. D. He believes competitive sports are not suitable for young children. 52. What do we know about the author’s daughter? A. She hates the author signing her up for competitive sports. B. She hasn’t realized the importance of competitive sports. C. She wants to give up competitive sports. D. She now likes competitive sports. 53. What should we do if a child doesn’t like competitive sports, according to the author? A. Get him interested in sports first. B. Sign him up for competitive sports. C. Leave him alone. D. Give him some trophies first. 54. In what way is life similar to sports? A. They both mean a lot to children. C. They are both full of hard times. D. They both can teach children good lessons. 55. We can infer from the fourth paragraph that competitive sports A. can destroy a child’s feeling of success B. are sometimes too cruel to children . B. They both need great courage.
C. have already been accepted by most parents D. can prepare kids for the realities of life 四、书面表达 (共两节，满分45分) 第一节 阅读表达 (共5小题；每小题3分，满分15分)
It has been proved over and over again that patience is a virtue that not so many persons hold, it is also very true that in most cases haste (匆忙) ruins everything. It’s high time that you learnt to be patient as it is an important quality for those who want to get success. If you are always in a hurry and never think twice before taking a decision, then you risk losing important things and you are the one who suffers. One of the conditions to get a good job and also to keep it is the patience. If you make decisions without consulting (磋商) with someone else then there are two reasons: the first one: you are so well prepared in your field that you are always right and what you decide is the best and the second one: you don’t think carefully and you take everything for granted. As a result of that, and your image will be ruined. Hasty climbers often have sudden falls, especially when they are young and inexperienced. When you are young you feel that you know all. However, when you try to solve new situations you’ll realize you don’t know as much as you think you knew. Time helps you gain experience and improves your abilities. All it takes is a little more patience and more accepting others’ advice. It takes time to learn to admit you may be wrong. Don’t rush into things and always think the consequences of your actions. 56. What are the two main reasons why people make a decision without consulting with others? (Please answer within 30 words.)
57. Translate the underlined sentence in this passage into Chinese.
58. Fill in the blank with proper words or phrases. (Please answer within 8 words.)
59. Which sentence in the passage can be replaced by the following one?
Try to be more patient as soon as possible because it is necessary for a success.
60. What advice does the author give us in this passage? (Please answer within 10 words.) 第二节 写作 (满分30分) 请根据下面图画，用英语写一篇100词左右的短文。 注意：内容可适当发挥，以使行文连贯。
BCCBD ABDAC CBABD CDCBA
DBADB CDABD CBCDA
BBDDA ABCCD ADBCD ABDAB
56. One is that you are so excellent that no one can give you better advice and the other is that you are careless and take everything for granted. 57. 大起者有大落，尤其是在他们年轻而没有经验时。 58. you are most likely to fail/you don’t do your job properly 59. It’s high time that you learnt to be patient as it is an important quality for those who want to get success. 60. To keep enough patience and accept others’ advice. /To think twice before taking a decision.
One possible version: This morning I happened to hear an interesting dialogue between little Tom and his mother in my community. When Tom was playing football with his friends in the yard, he broke Doctor Zhang’s windows carelessly. He ran back home at once. As soon as he saw his mom, he asked for an apple.
His mother asked, ―What’s the matter?‖ He said, ―You always tell me that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I broke Doctor Zhang’s windows. Give me an apple. I don’t think he will come to me.‖ After his mother knew the reason, she brought Tom to say sorry to Doctor Zhang.