人教课标 高一 必修 1
高尚思想情怀的同时，阅读能力也得到提高。 本课的阅读设计相对前面比较粗略，因为经过一段 时间的阅读学习和训练，学生应该具备一定的阅读能力， 所以本课的阅读着重点是引导学生自己运用所学阅读文 章，并且解决一定问题。
Quality of a great person
hardworking hardworking lazy friendly cruel warm-hearted mean determined wise active active generous easy-going easy-going reliable reliable unkind brave selfish stubborn selfless selfless devoted handsome handsome nice nice honest honest famous calm calm lovely lovely
He wrote the Bible in English so all could read it. He died for his ideas but his work is still used in the official Bible today.
(1890 — 1939) Canada
He fought against the German Nazis and Japanese invaders during World War II. He worked selflessly in China as a doctor and saved many Chinese soldiers.
(1866 — 1925) China
He founded the first Republic in China in 1911 after many years’ fighting. He strongly believed in the three principles: nationalism; people’s rights; people’s livelihood.
He gave up a rich life for his ideas and fought for his country to be free from the
UK in a peaceful way.
http://www.jtyhjy.com/edu/ppt/p pt_playVideo.action?mediaVo.res Id=55f3de52af508f0099b1cd26
关于曼德拉的 演讲视频，激 起学生的兴趣
Mandela (1918— )
He fought for black people and was in prison for almost thirty years. He helped the black people get the same rights as
Armstrong (1930-- )
He was the first man to land on the moon in July 1969. He said, “That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.
What’s the relationship between these two men? A. Strangers B. Friends
C. Father and son
D. Teacher and student
The text can be divided into two parts.
Give the general idea of each part.
The life of Elias before he met
(Para. 1-2) Nelson Mandela. Part II The change of Elias’ life after
he met Nelson Mandela and
what Mandela did.
Timeline: please find out what
happened in Elias’ life in the
1940: 1946: Elias was born. Elias began school. Elias left school. Elias went to Nelson Mandela for advice.
Read Para 1 and answer questions. 1. What is Elias?
2. What about his life when he first met
3. What did Mandela do to help the black?
4. Why was Elias grateful to Mandela?
1. What is Elias?
He is a poor black worker in South Africa. 2. What about his life when he first met
His life was very difficult.
3. What did Mandela do to help the black? He offered guidance to poor black
people on their legal problems. 4. Why was Elias grateful to Mandela? Because he was generous with his time when helping him.
1. Why did Elias need Mandela’s help? 2. How many years did Elias study at school? 3. Why did Elias have to leave school? 4. What did one have to have in order
to live in Johannesburg?
5. What was he worried about?
1. Why did Elias need Mandela’s help? Because Elias had little education. 2. How many years did Elias study at school? Only two years. 3. Why did Elias have to leave school? Because his family could not continue
to pay school fees and the bus fare.
4. What did one have to have in order to
live in Johannesburg? A passbook.
5. What was he worried about? He was worried about whether he would become out of work.
1. Why did Elias join the ANC as soon as he could? 2. How do you comprehend Mandela’s
famous saying “The last thirty years
have seen the greatest number of
laws … we have no rights at all.”
1. Why did Elias join the ANC as soon
as he could?
Because he trusted Nelson Mandela.
2. How do you comprehend Mandela’s famous saying “The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws… we have almost no rights at all”? For the last thirty years many laws have been passed. These laws have taken away our rights. They have stopped us from developing a better life. Now we have very few of these rights left.
Fill in the blanks about the truth of the black people.
Black people could not _____ vote or ________ choose their leaders. They could not get the _____ jobs they wanted. The parts of the town in which decided by white they had to live were ________ people. The places outside the towns where they were sent to live were the ________ poorest parts of South Africa. No one could grow ______ food there.
Did Elias like violence? Why did he help
blow some government buildings? No, he didn’t like. He helped blow some government buildings because he knew it would help them achieve their dream of making black and white people equal.