Big words of western tour （大话西游）
If God gave me another chance, I would say the three words to her--- I
Doomsday（世界末日） If tomorrow were doomsday, I would seize every opportunity to do what I want to.
The tortoise and the hare
As the hare looks down upon the tortoise, If you were the hare, he lies down and sleeps soundly. what would you
在英语中随着说话人意图的不同， 动词需用不同的形式，称为语气。 英语语气有三种： 陈述语气;祈使语
? 陈述语气（ indicative mood ） I went to the theatre yesterday. Jack hadn’t come back home yet. ? 祈使语气 （ imperative mood ） Let’s go. Don’t touch anything on the table until the bell rings.
? 虚拟语气（ subjunctive mood ） If I were you, I would not leave
Our teacher suggested that we
(should) go to the library this
a. 真实条件句 表示条件是真的或有可能实现的,
What will you do if it rains tomorrow? I shall stay at home if it rains tomorrow.
If I were Mr. Bean, I would…
b. 虚拟条件句 表示条件是无法实现或几乎无法
If Mr. Bean were your teacher, he would give you no homework.
If you were one of them now, would/should/could/might you do the same thing?
cheat in the exam use mobile phone in class
sleep in class
Watch and learn
◎ If I were Mr Bean, I would give you no homework. ◎ If I were one of them, I would not cheat in the exam. ◎ If I were the student, I would not use the mobile phone in class.
以上例句谈论的都是与 现在 事实相反的情况 If+主语+ did(were) , 主语+ would/should/could/might+动词原形 .
如果上天能够给我一个再来一次的机会， 我会对那个女孩子说三个字：“我爱你”。 offered If God ______ me another would utter chance right now, I _______ the three words to the girl ,“I love you”.
If you had been on the spot(在现场), what would you have done?
Watch and learn
◎ If I had worked harder at senior high, I would have succeeded in going to Qinghua University.
◎ If I had been on the spot(在现场), I
would have sent her to the hospital.
以上例句谈论的都是与 过去 事实相反的情况 If +主语 + had done sth. ,
主语+ would/should/could/might+have done .
If I ___________busy last night, had not been I would have gone to see the _____________ film with you.
曾经有一份真挚的感情放在我的面前， 我没有珍惜。等我失去的时候我才后 悔莫及。
If I had valued the true love when I __________________ got it, I wouldn’t have greatly regretted ______________________ when I lost it.
If it were Sunday tomorrow, what would you do?
◎ What would you do if you had/should have/were to have a lot of money? ◎ If I won/ were to win/ should win the lottery (彩票) one day, I would….
Watch and learn
◎ If it were Sunday tomorrow, I would
go to see a film.
◎ If it were Sunday tomorrow, I would
play computer games at home.
◎ If I won/should /were to win the lottery (彩票) one day, I would help
some poor people.
以上例句谈论的都是与 将来 事实相反的情况 did(were to do /should do) If + 主语 + _______________________,
主语+ would/should/could/might +动词原形 .
If you got /were to get /should get a full mark next time, I would treat you to a wonderful performance.
1)Would, could 和 might 经常可以 互换, 但是意思上有些区别. would → 目的; 计划 could → 能力; 可能性 might → 可能性
2) 在书面英语或正式英语中, 我们经常用 were 而不用was；然而在日常英语中,was 经常被使 用.
一般条件句中虚拟语气的用法 条件从句 If 从句的谓语形式 主句的谓语形式
did（were） had done 1.did 2.should+do 3. were to do
/might +do would/could/should
/might +have done
1. I don’t have a cellphone. If I _______ one , it would be convenient for me to get in touch with others. A. has B. have been C. had D. have 2. If the earthquake had happened in the daytime, there _______ many more deaths. A. were B. would have been C. had been D. would be
3. If we were to be 200 years old, we ________ everything. A. will change B. can change C. could change D. shall change 4. You didn’t let me drive. If we _______ in turn, you _______ so tired. A. drove; didn’t get B. drove; wouldn’t get C. were driving; wouldn’t get D. had driven; wouldn’t have got
5. If I _____ in the 22nd century, I ______ A my vacation in a very different way. A. should live; would spend
B. will live; should spend
C. were living; should have spent
D. will be living; would have spent
1. If I had had enough money, I would buy a new had car. 2. He would have come to the party if he wasn’t had not been busy. 3. If it should rain tomorrow, we might have put off might the visit to the Taizhou Bridge.
4. If it hadn’t rained last Sunday, we could go picnicking. could have gone
我们会把 should, were 和 had 放在虚拟条件句的句首. if 就不再需要了:
1)If you should make a mistake, you should not be embarrassed.
→Should you make a mistake, you should not be embarrassed.
2 ) If you had told me earlier, I would not have this problem now. →Had you told me earlier, I would not have this problem now. 3) If you were to take the train, you would be there much sooner. →Were you to take the train, you would be there much sooner.
IfWere I Obama’s daughter, I were I would be very happy.
If Had I had another chance, I had I would have run faster.
省略if 的虚拟条件句的倒装, 把 were , had , should 提到句首
◎ If you were the manager here, what would you do? Were you ….
◎ If he should act like that again, he would be fired immediately. Should he ….
◎ If I had had time, I would have run around the lake again. Had I had …. ◎ If there should be a flood, what should we do?
Should there be ….
当条件状语从句所表示的行为 和主句表示的行为所发生的时 间不一致时,被称为“错综时间 条件句”。
● If the weather had been finer,
the crops would be growing still
● If you had followed the teacher’s
advice, you wouldn’t be in the hospital now.
1. If the flower had been watered, it _____ now. A. wouldn’t die B. is dead C. had been dead D. will not die 2. If his television set had not been stolen yesterday, he ______ TV now. A.would watch B. would have watched C. would be watching D. is watching
If you ________(study) had studied hard before, you _______(be) a college would be student now and you __________(graduate) would graduate from a college in fours’ time.
1.首先判断是不是虚拟 语气； 2.是属于虚拟语气的哪 一类；（抓住标志词） 3.准确把握虚拟语气的 时间暗示； 4.最终确定正确的虚拟 谓语动词表现形式。 （辨明肯定/否定）
? 1. If I had studied English last year, I ____ able to speak it now. A. would have been B. should be C. had been D. could be ? 2. If you ____ your medicine yesterday, you would be well now. A. took B. would take C. had taken D. would have taken ? 3. ---Is he feeling any better? ---No, if he had followed the doctor’s advice. He ____ quite all right now. A. will have been B. would have been C. would be D. will be
Fill in the blanks with the verbs given in the brackets in their proper forms.
had driven 1.You didn’t let me drive. If we _________ (drive) wouldn’t have got in turn, you ________________(not get) so tired. not been Had 2.________it __________(not be) for your help,
I couldn’t have made any progress.
3. ——Has Mr Smith recovered now? would have thought ——Yes. Who__________________(think)
that such a serious illness could be cured?
to rain / rain Were / Should 4.______________it _____________(rain) tomorrow, the match would be called off.
5.Most of the students felt rather
disappointed at the English party.
They said that it could/might have been organized ______________ (organize) better. 6.Jean doesn’t want to work right away were to get/should get/got because she thinks that if ____________(get)
a job, she probably wouldn’t be able to see
her friends very often.
Choose the right answer: 1.Everything if Albert hadn’t called the fire brigade.
A. will be destroyed B. will have been destroyed C. would be destroyed D. would have been destroyed
2. The business is risky. But _______ , we would be rich.
A. should we succeed B. we should succeed C. might we succeed D. would we succeed
3. What would have happened, ________, as far as the river bank? A. Bob had walked farther B. if Bob should walk farther C. had Bob walked farther
D. if Bob walked farther
4. I _____ you some money, but I hadn’t any on me then.
A. would lend B. would have lent
C. could lend
D. may have lent
5. ______ today, he would get there by Friday. A. Was he leaving B. If he leaves C. Were he to leave D. If he is leaving
6. Supposing this ship ,do you think there would be enough life jackets for all the passengers? A.were to sink B. has sunk
C. was sinking D. sunk
7. I don’t think he’ll attend the party, and ______ he attend it, what would he wear? A. were B. had C. did D. should
9. ——You can ask your brother for help. —— He isn’t at home. If he ____, I ___.
A. were, would C. is, will
B. is, would D. were, will
10. —— Are you thinking about going to Dalian for the vacation? —— No, but if I _____ time, I ————— very glad to go there. A. have, will be B. had had, would have been C. had, would be
D. had had, would be
11. ——Sally finally got here from Chicago. —— If she_____ earlier, we _____ her to the party then. A. came, would take B. had come, would have taken
C. comes, will take D. had come, would take
12. If you _______ George, would you please tell him to ring me?
A.saw B. were to see
C. had seen
1. Revise what has been learnt and
take notes carefully.
2. Finish off the exercises on p 116.