高一年级组试题 （总分：150 分 答题时间：120 分钟）
听力部分（共三大题，记 30 分） I. Responses (句子应答)（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，记 5 分） Please listen to the following five sentences and choose
the best response to each one you hear. Each sentence will be read only once.(请听句子，然后选出一个能够恰当应答你所听到的句子的最佳选项。每个句子只读 一遍。)（答案涂在答题纸上） 1．A. It’S sunny． B．What a pity． C．I think SO．D．You’d better not． 2．A．I think it’s a western． B．I don’t want to watch that． C．The news is at six fifteen． D．I'll meet you at the school gate． 3．A．I’11 have dinner with you． B．Give me a call at any time． C．It depends on how busy we are． D．Let’S go to see a film． 4．A．Never mind． B．You’re welcome． C．I've no idea．D．That’S wonderful． 5．A．Will 2 o'clock this afternoon be OK? B．That’S really amazing． C．I’ll try my best． D．I like Chinese food best． II. Dialogues(对话理解)（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，记 15 分） A) Please listen to the following five mini-dialogues. Each dialogue is followed by a question. Choose the best answer or picture for each question. Each dialogue and question will be read twice.(请听下面五组对话，每组对 话后有一个问题，根据你所听到的对话内容，选择能回答所提问的最佳选项。每组对话和问题均读两遍。) (答案涂在答题纸上) 6．A．He went mountain climbing last year． B．He doesn’t want to climb the mountain． C．He hasn't traveled around the world yet． D．He likes mountain climbing very much．
8. A. Italian paintings. B. Modern paintings. C. Traditional paintings. 9. A. Their neighbour. B. Their daughter. C. Their student. D. Their friend. 10.
D. Any painting.
B) Listen to the following dialogue and choose the best answer to each question. The dialogue will be read twice.(请听下面一段对话，选择能回答下列问题的最佳选项。对话读两遍。) (答案涂在答题纸上) 11. What is the man famous for? A. Doing business. B. Collecting coins. C. Teaching maths. D. Reporting news. 12. When did the man start collecting coins? A. After he had 12 coins. B. When he was 12 years old. C. 12 years before he went to college. D. After he became a professor.
13. How does the man get the coins for his collection? A. lie trades for rare and old ones. B. His uncle often gives him some. C. He asks for some from his friends. D. His students give him some regularly. 14. What is the woman? A, A nurse. B. A teacher. C. A reporter. D. A businesswoman. 15. How many coins does the man have now? A. 1,200. B. 2,500. C. Over 5,000. D. Over 6,000. III. Passages(短文理解)（共 10 小题；16-20 每小题 1 分，21-25 每小题 2 分计 15 分） A) Listen to the following material and choose the best answer to each question according to the material you hear. The material will be read twice. (请听下面一段材料，根据你所听到的内容，选择能回答所提问的最佳 选项。材料读两遍。) (答案涂在答题纸上) 16. What does the old song hold? A. A piece of good advice for adults. B. A piece of valuable information for businessmen. C. An important message for the Whole world. D. An important rule for the whole world. 17. When was the song played by 8,000 radio stations at the same time? A. In April, 1890. B. In April, 1895. C. In April, 1980. D. In April, 1985. 18. Where did the song become the number one song? A. In the US. B. In the UK. C. In the US and in the UK. D. Outside the US and the UK. 19. How many copies did it sell in just three days? A. About 18,000. B. Over 800,000. C. Over 1,800,000. D. About 8,000,000. 20. What's the name of the song? A. Without the World. B. Without a Word. C. We Are on the World. D. We Are the World. B) Please listen to the following material, and fill in the blanks according to the material you hear with one or two words. The material will be read twice. (请听下面一段材料，根据你所听到的材料内容填空，每空填一到 两个单词。材料读两遍。) (答案涂在答题纸上) Cultural relics are (21)______ that remind people of the past. By (22)________ cultural relics, we can learn what our ancestors did and how they lived. Many people steal these ancient things (23)______________. To (24)________our valuable cultural relics, it is necessary to (25) stop people from destroying them. 笔试部分（共七大题，计 120 分） I. Multiple-choice(选择填空) (共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，计 15 分) For each of the following sentences or dialogues, there are four choices, marked A, B, C, and D. Please choose the answer that best completes the sentence.(下列各句或对话均含有 A,B, C,D 四个选项中，请从四个 选项中选出可以完成该句或对话的最佳选项。) (答案涂在答题纸上) 26. I like listening to music; but music in this film is boring. A./; the B./; / C. the: the D. the; / 27. He divided the sweets the children who were divided three groups. A. in; in B. into; into C. between; in D. among; into 28. It is such a good book is worth again! A. that; reading B. as; to be read C. that it: reading D. which; being read 29. Soon after the accident, police were sent to the place to keep order. A. scores B. score of C. scores of D. two scores of
Use Fact What to do
30. When _______down the hill, his car _______upside down. A. came; turned B. coming; turned C. came; turning D. coming; turning 31. Susan has been fortunate to find a good job she loves in this city, and she gets well paid for it. A. what's more B. sooner or later C. as if D. more or less 32. The teachers are busy________ the exam papers while the students are busy the exams. A. prepare; prepare for B. preparing; preparing for C. prepare for; prepare D. preparing for; preparing 33. At present, more and more people from the countryside are going into the cities in_______ of better jobs. A. favour B. honour C. memory D. search 34. The news that the woman was still _______ five days after the tsunami was broadcast on_____TV worldwide. A. alive; alive B. living; alive C. alive; live D. lively; live 35.________has been introduced to the students to help them make progress. A. Many books as well as some advice B. Not only some advice but also many books C. Some advice as well as many books D. Some advice and many books 36. Maria and I ________ friends for eight years. We first got to know each other at a wedding party. But we _______ each other several times before that. A. had been; have seen B. have been; have seen C. had been; had seen D. have been; had seen 37. I suggested that he to hospital at once, but he insisted that he quite well then. A. was sent; felt B. should be sent; was feeling C. be sent; feel D. should be sent; should feel 38. --Did you have a good day at school? --Yeah, I had a great day. I got the part of Juliet in the school play! Can you believe it? --______________ I'll cook your favourite for dinner. A. That's excellent news! B. That's all right. C. Don't be ridiculous! D. Take it easy. 39. --Is that really what you're wearing to meet your new boss? -- _______ What's wrong with what I'm wearing? --Well... it's just... Why don't you put on something smarter? You look a bit of a mess. A. What did you say? B. What do you mean? C. You must be kidding. D. Never mind. 40. --I've been thinking about quitting this course. It seems it doesn't suit me. -You can't stop trying now. Think of all the time you've invested. --I know, I've thought of that but I don't think I have much choice, A. I'll see you there. B. That's a good idea, C. You can't be serious. D. I'll give it a go. Ⅱ Cloze (完形填空) (共 15 小题：每题 1 分，计 15 分) A) Please read the following passage and fill in the blanks with the proper forms of 5 words out of the 7 given ones in the box according to the context. (请阅读下面的短文，并根据其内容提示，从方框中所给的 7 个单词 中选出 5 个，并用其适当的形式填空。) (答案写在答题纸上) do mistake explain honest us refuse Most people have trouble admitting their own faults, though they're more than happy to point out everyone else's. This can be (41)_________. After all, it's usually when someone else tells us that we have done something wrong that we learn something about ourselves. What we have to do is take a deep breath, and face up to what we have done. Remember, when it comes to understanding (42) , we're not on our own. Everyone we know lends a helping hand! Of course, doing the wrong thing is easy, but it's what we do about our mistakes that counts. Naturally we are all good at (43)
to believe that we have done anything wrong at all. As we try to justify our actions, our (44) get more and more Complicated. We try to convince the listener that we are telling the truth, but it's of no use. There's no chance at all that they will believe us. And the truth is that it is ourselves we have deceived ( 蒙骗 ), not them. That's the very point I'm trying to make. Whatever you do, don't get into the habit of deceiving yourself. What is difficult is (45)______ admitting that we are wrong---especially to ourselves.
B) Please read the following passage and fill in each blank with one word in one of the following three ways: ① based on the context; ②using the proper form of the given words; ③based on the given letters of the words. (阅读下面的短文，用以下三种形式之一完成短文填空：①根据上下文填
空；②用所给单词的正确形式填空；③根据单词随给首字母填空。每空一词。) (答案写在答题纸上) A diary is an individual's personal account of his / her daily experiences. Very often, diaries (46) con_____ not just details of what happened on particular days, but also include(47) (observe) and thoughts inspired by the events recorded. It is very likely that many of you have tried to keep a diary at some time or other and equally likely that many of you (48) up. either because keeping it going became too much of a chore or because you felt that what you were recording was of little interest. (49) H , others among you may still be keeping a regular account of your activities in a diary form and discovering the value of being able to (50) ex your private thoughts and feelings, knowing that they are not intended to be shared with anyone else. Although some people, such as politicians, keep diaries in order to explain and justify their (51)______(contribute) to important events and with the intention that their diaries will one day be published, not all diaries are (52)________(write) for this purpose. Most people keep diaries for precisely ( 恰恰 )the (53) op_____ reason they want what they write to be kept (54)______ and to be seen by their eyes only because they use their diaries as an opportunity to express their most intimate (秘密的) thoughts and feelings about their (55) exp and the people they meet. III. Reading Comprehension(阅读理解)（共 20 小题，56-60 每小题 1 分，61-75 每小题 2 分计 35 分） Read the following passages. Each passage is followed by several questions. Please respond to the questions according to the requirements given at the end of each question.(阅读下列短文，每篇短文后设有若干问题，请 根据短文后的要求回答问题) （56-58 小题大案涂在答题纸上，59-75 小题答案写在答题纸上) A If you ask someone why he or she wears clothes, the answer will probably be "To keep warm and to cover my body." These are the basic reasons clothes are worn, but people also want to look attractive and appear successful to others! If people only wore clothes for warmth and to cover their bodies, most clothing would be simple and cheap. In most Western countries, however, clothing is sometimes very expensive. The main reason for this is not the cost of the fabric (布料) or the cost of making the clothes. The clothes are expensive because of fashion. Successful businessmen, for example, often wear very expensive suits, shirts and ties. Sometimes they pay thousands of dollars for a suit and hundreds of dollars for a tie. It's still just a suit and tie but they pay these prices because of the famous name of the designer. A suit costing much less would be just as warm and would cover the wearer's body just as well. Fashion is constantly (不断地) changing, which means that people who
want to be fashionable have to buy new clothes every few months, even if last month's clothes have only been worn once or twice. Some people have wardrobes (衣柜) full of clothes that have hardly been worn but are no longer in fashion. Being fashionable, therefore, can be a very expensive pastime! Questions 56-58: Choose the best answer from A, B, C and D according to the passage. 56. Why do people wear clothes? A. Only to cover themselves. B. Just to make themselves attractive. C. Just because of fashion. D. For a variety of reasons. 57. Successful businessmen buy very expensive suits because of the________. A. cost of the fabric B. famous name of the designer C. cost of making them D. good packages 58. According to the passage, fashionable people have to________. A. wear their clothes only once B. buy new clothes regularly C. wear last month's clothes D. buy new Clothes once or twice Questions 59-60: Decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F) according to the passage. 59. Successful businessmen pay thousands of dollars for a tie. 60. Some clothes are no longer in fashion though they have hardly been worn. B There're two main things that make aircraft engineering difficult: the need to make every part as reliable (可靠的) as possible and the need to build everything as light as possible. （61）_____________________ Given a certain power of engine and a certain fuel consumption ( 消耗 ), there is a practical limit to the total weight of the aircraft that can be made to fly. (62) So the structure of the aircraft has to be as small and light as safety and efficiency ( 效能 ) will allow. The designer must calculate (计算) the normal load (负荷 that each part will bear. This specialist is called the "stress man". He takes account of any unusual stress that may be put on the part. The stress man's calculations go to the designer of the part, and he must make it as strong as the stress man says is necessary. (63) Each separate part is tested, then a whole assembly (装配) --for example, a complete wing, and finally the whole aeroplane. When a new type of aeroplane is being made. normally only one of the first three made will be flown. Two will be destroyed on the ground in structural tests. (64)______________ (65) The first is to find the resistance (阻力) to loading of the wings, tail, etc. until they reach their largest amount of load and collapse (崩溃). The other test is for fatigue ( 疲乏 ) strength. When a plane has passed all the tests it can get a government certificate (证书) of airworthiness, without which it is illegal to fly, except for test flying. Questions 61-65: Choose from the sentences A-G to complete the passage. There are two extra sentences which you do not need to use. A, Two kinds of ground strength tests are carried out. B. One or two samples are always tested to prove that they are as strong as the designer intended. C. Each may be well under what the structure could stand as a single load, but many repetitions can result in collapse. D. The third one will be tested in the air. E. Making the working parts reliable is as difficult as making the structure strong enough: F. The fact that an aeroplane is up in the air and cannot stop if anything goes wrong, makes it
perhaps a matter of life or death that its performance is completely dependable. G. Out of that weight as much as possible is wanted for fuel, radio navigational instruments (导航设备), passenger seats, or freight (货物) room, and, of course, the passengers or freight themselves. C Auctions (拍卖) are public sales of goods, conducted by an officially approved auctioneer. He asks the crowd assembled in the auction-room to make offers, or "bids", for the various items on sale. He encourages buyers to bid higher figures, and finally names the highest bidder as the buyer of the goods. This is called "knocking down" the goods, for the bidding ends when the auctioneer bangs a small hammer on a table at which he stands. The ancient Romans probably invented sales by auction, and the English word comes from the Latin "auctio", meaning "increase". The Romans usually sold in this way the spoils (战利品]) taken in war; these sales were called "sub hasta", meaning "under the spear", a spear being stuck in the ground as a signal for a crowd to gather. In England in the 18th and 19th centuries goods were often sold "by the candle": a short candle was lit by the auctioneer, and bids could be made while it stayed alight. The auctioneer's services are paid for in the form of a percentage of the price the goods are sold for. The auctioneer therefore has a direct interest in pushing up the bidding as high as possible. The auctioneer must know fairly accurately the current market values of the goods he is selling, and he should be acquainted with (了解) regular buyers of such goods. He will also play on the rivalries （竞争）among his buyers and succeed in getting a high price by encouraging two business competitors to bid against each other. Questions 66-70: Answer the following questions according to the passage. 66. Whom are auctions conducted by? 67. Why is the end of the bidding called "knocking down"? 68. Where did items the Romans used to sell by auction come from? 69. What is the use of a candle burned at auction sales? 70. How are the auctioneer's services paid for? D Americans smoke six thousand million cigarettes every- year (1970 figures). This is roughly the equivalent(相当于) of 4,195 cigarettes a year for every person in the country of 18 years of age or more. It is estimated ( 估计) that 51% of American men smoke compared with 34% of American women. Cigarette smoking is believed by most research workers in this field to be an important factor in the development of cancer of the lungs and cancer of the throat. Some competent physicians and research workers--though their small number is dwindling (减少) even further--are less sure of the effect of cigarette smoking on health. They consider the increase in respiratory (呼吸道) diseases and various forms of cancer may possibly be explained by other factors in the complex human environment. Gradually, however, research is isolating (使隔离) all other possible factors and proving them to be statistically irrelevant. While all tobacco smoking affects life expectancy and health, cigarette smoking appears to have a much greater effect than cigar or pipe smoking. Filters and low tar (焦油) tobacco are claimed to make smoking to some extent safer, but they can only marginally (略微) reduce, not eliminate (消除), the hazards (危险). Questions 71-75: Please complete the summary of the passage above with only one word for each blank.
Nearly half the adult population of the U.S.A. are smokers, in (71) of the fact that medical research has shown beyond reasonable doubt that smoking is associated with poor health. One very (72)_____ disease with which smoking is thought to be (73) , is cancer. However, a few doctors think such things as bronchitis (支气管炎) and cancer have other (74) _____, but their view is not well-supported statistically. Although all forms of smoking are almost certainly (75)________ , cigarettes appear to be the most harmful.
IV. Translation（翻译）（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，计 10 分） Please translate the following sentences into Chinese or English, using the hints given in the brackets.（用括号中 给出的提示将下列句子译成英语或汉语。） 76. An informal letter usually begins with a casual and friendly greeting. 77. When I held fast to my dreams, even during the tough times, the wonders really began to happen. 78. 太多的垃圾已经把美丽的城市变成了一个大垃圾箱。 (change... into) 79. 学生们轮流着照看这个老人，赢得了广泛的赞誉。 (take turns) 80. 如果你想考入一所好大学的话，你就应该在学习上付出大量的时间和努力。(put... into)
V. Error correction(短文改错）（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，计 10 分）
Correct the errors in the passage according to the following requirements. First, you have to decide whether there is an error or not in the line which is numbered. If there is no error, put the sign "N/'' in the corresponding line on the right; If there is an error, correct it in the following way: for an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with the sign "\" and put the word with the sign "\" in the line on the right;for a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with the sign "/~ " and write the word you believe to be missing in the line on the right; for a wrong word, underline the wrong word and write the correct one in the line on the right. Notes: Do not make any correction if there is no error in the line. Example One of my favorite writers are Charlotte Bronte. She was born in the early nineteenth century when women had far fewer opportunities ∧ they have now. She lived in a small village in Yorkshire and she took great pleasure in walking on the moors where near her home. is than where
Firefighters were called out last night to a Taunton hotel which catching fire 81. ________ at around midnight. It appeared that the fire had broken on the first 82. ________ floor and spread rapid throughout the building. Unfortunately it coincided (同时发生) 83________ with gale-force winds which fuelled the flames. Although they had no 84.________ advance warning, the guests were able to get out of and the hotel manager felt 85. ________ they had had a narrow escape. Firefighter fought the blaze for several 86. ________ hours but eventually put it out. This fire comes at a time where 87. ________ there is growing concern about the health and safe regulations in holiday 88. ________ accommodation; the hotel owners now face the prospect of enquiry into 89. ________ the cause of the fire, and if they are held responsibility, they could face prosecution (起诉). 90. ________
VI. IQ(智力测试）（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，计 5 分）
Answer the following questions.（回答下列问题。） 91. Which letter completes the last group? DBAC HFEG LJIK PNM(?) 92. Which figure completes the sequence?
93. A man who worked in the butcher shop ( 肉店 ) was 6 feet tall, had red hair and wore size 11 shoes. What did he weigh? 94. Find the missing letter and number.
95. Television is to the image what radio is to...? VII. VII. Writing（写作）（共 2 题；A 题满分 10 分，B 题满分 20 分，计 30 分） A) You're Wang Meng. Your pen-friend, Steve, wants to know something about the protection of antelopes (藏羚 羊) in China, Please write a letter to Steve according to the information given below. Your letter should be in 80-100 words. Past he number of antelopes was decreasing because they were killed for their fine fur. Present The government takes measures to protect antelopes: making strict laws; setting up reserves; stopping the killing; forbidding to buy or sell anything made of antelope fur. Result The living antelopes improved. conditions of have greatly
B) Nowadays some young students are pursuing pop music. They think it's necessary to follow fashion, while others just don't agree. Write a composition of about 120 words to present your opinion on this topic.