汉互译 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49.
50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. rescue argue publish replace survive share advance seize drag struggle determine shake fight accept behave 悲哀 服务 自然 塔 老板 骨头 工业 和平 奖品 银 法律 文章 祈祷 戏剧 毒药 in order to look for come about get away from protect sb/sth from be fond of go through take off owe sth to sb bring sb back on the air leave out stare at in total pull sb up 例如 担心 别客气 除……之外 熬夜 以…..告终 引进， 为某人送行 另一方面 失火 在度假 旅行社代理人 追赶 对…..高度评价 小学
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
loyal （名词） opportunity（同义词） adventure（形容词） movie（同义词） fault（同义词） certain（反义词） smart（同义词） possible（反义词） especial（同义词） apology（名词） tip（同义词） flesh（同义词） forgive（过去分词） strike（过去式） simply（形容词）
三、把右边的意义和左边的单词连接起来。 （１０分） 1.equal A.a means of carrying passengers or goods 2.transportation B.to take care 3.watch out C.the same 4.destination D.to tell or say again 5.vacation E.the activity of buying , selling 6.mother tongue F.more than half a group 7.Repeat G.native language 8.consider H.to think about sth 9.majority I.a place you are going to 10.trade J.any period of holiday 四、单词拼写。 （５分） １.Lilianjie always likes to play the r of the policeman or hero . 2. It is p to finish eating everything on your plate . 3. The old houses were d in that earthquake . 4. While hiking or rafting , it is important to think about （安全）. 5. Many people (交流) in English every day .
1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) 11) 12) 13) 14) 15) 16) 17) 18) 19) 20) 21) 22) 23) 24) 25) 26) 27) 28) 29) 30) 31) 32) 33) 34) 35) 36) 37) 38) 39) 40) 41) 42) 43) 44) 45) 46) 47) 48) 49) 50) 51) 52) 53)
rescue 营救 argue 争论 publish 出版 replace 替换 survive 幸存于 share 分享 advance 前进 seize 抓住 drag 拖 struggle 挣扎 determine 决定 shake 摇动 fight 斗争 accept 接受 behave 举止 悲哀 sorrow 服务 service 自然 nature 塔 tower 老板 boss 骨头 bone 工业 industry 和平 peace 奖品 award 银 silver 法律 law 文章 article 祈祷 pray 戏剧 drama 毒药 poison in order to 为了 look for 寻找 come about 发生 get away from 发生 protect sb/sth from 保护 be fond of 喜欢 go through 通过 take off 成功 owe sth to sb 把—归功于 bring sb back 把某人带回 on the air 正在播出的 leave out 泄露 stare at 盯着 in total 总共 pull sb up 把---往上拽 例如 such 担心 care about 别客气 you are welcome 除……之外 except for 熬夜 stay up 以…..告终 end up with 引进， bring in 为某人送行
see sb off 54) 另一方面 on the other hand 55) 失火 on fire 56) 在度假 on holiday 57) 旅行社代理人 travel agent 58) 追赶 run after 59) 对…..高度评价 think highly of 60) 小学 primary school
1. loyal （名词） loyalty 2. opportunity（同义词） chance 3.adventure（形容词） adventurous 4. movie（同义词） film 5. fault（同义词） mistake 6. certain（反义词） uncertain 7. smart（同义词） wise 8. possible（反义词） impossible 9. especial（同义词） particular 10.apology（动词）apologize 11.tip（同义词） advice 12.flesh（同义词） meat 13.forgive（过去分词） forgiven 14.strike（过去式） struck
六、 四、把右边的 意义和左边的单词连接起来。 （１０分） 1.C 2. A 3. B 4. I 5.J 6. G 7. D 8. H 9. F 五、单词拼写。 （５分） 1. role 2. polite 3. destroyed 4. safety 5. communicate
第一大题：词语辨析： （10 分） 仔细审题，注意语境，了解习惯用语在不同环境下的表达方式，掌握一些常用的"多义"的词汇，观察下列 这些词汇的区别。 ( )l. It ____ me two hours to get there by bus. A. spent B. took C. used D. paid ( )2. I ______ half an hour on my homework yesterday. A. took B. spend C. used D. spent ( )3. A recorder is often ______ in our English class. A. used B. spent C. taken D. use ( )4. I feel hungry. Please ______ me something to eat. A. take B. bring C. carry D. pull ( )5. It is raining. ___ the raincoat with you when you go out. A. Bring B. Take C. Put D. Took ( )6. The Young Pioneer ______ water for the old man every day. A. carry B. bring C. takes D. carries ( )7. I can ______ you my dictionary, but you can ______ it for only a week. . A. borrow, return B. lend, borrow C. lend, keep D. lend, return ( )8. Dr White can ______ French very well. A. speak B. talk C. say D. tell ( )9. The man doesn't know how to____ this word in English. A. speak B. tell C. talk D. say ( )10. We'll go to ______ a film instead of ______ a book in bed. A. read; look B. see; read C. see; reading D. watch; look at 第二大题、根据英语释义和所给首字母，写出相应的单词（10 分） 1. i________ make or become greater in size, number, etc. 2. c________ giving comfort to the body 3. s________ of a certain sort or not common 4. c________ apparatus for taking photographs 5. m________ an open place where people meet to buy and sell goods 6. s________ bigness or smallness 7. c________ a period of 100 years 8. h________ almost not 9. l________ without companions 10. e________ think that something will happen 第三大题、将下列短语译成英语或汉语（20 分） 1. 下决心 ________ 2. 不久以后 ________ 3. 起码 ________ 4. 今后 ________ 5. 没有关系 ________ 6. 下降；放慢 ________ 7. 过一遍，复习 ________ 8. 故宫 ________ 9. 称赞 ________ 10. 幸亏 ________ 11. spill over ________ 12. carry on ________ 13. mid-field player ________ 14. be angry with ________ 15. be pleased with 16. from now on ________ 17. mobile phone ________ 18. two-story house ________ 19. come true ________ 20. keep off ________ 第四大题：完成下列句子（首字母已给出） （20 分） 1.The rain was pouring down when they got outside the exhibition h____________. 2.In North China many women can make shoes by h_______________. 3.The beautiful girl wants to marry a h______________ young man. 4.——What h____________ to you yesterday，Linda？ ——I was ill. 5.——We had a good time in Happy Valley yesterday. ——We also played h______________ in the Lychee Park. 6.Peter is as h_______________ as a bird. 7.Although it was hot，he worked very h_____________ on the model train. 8.It was so dark that I could h_______________ see anything. 9.Smoking is h______________ to your health.So don’t smoke. 10.He disliked even h___________ studying，so he spent much time in playing computer games. 11.They h_____________ only one child，haven’t they？ 12.Peter has never been late，has h__________？
13.Tony hit Lily very hard on the h_________ just now.So she has a bad headache now. 14.Peter runs half an hour almost every morning，so he is in good h________________. 15.Although the old man is 70 years old，he is very h______________ and is seldom sick. 16.I hope to h___________ from you soon. 17.He didn’t come to school on time because of the h__________ rain. 18.Anne is 1.57 metres tall.Sue is 1.57 metres tall，too.So Anne is the same h________ as Sue. 19.“H_____________！May I speak to Anne，please？” “This is Anne speaking.” 20.Please h_______________ yourselves to some apples，Sue and Peter. 第五大题：用所给词汇的适当形式填空。 （20 分） I. 用所给动词的适当形式填空： 1. Anne is good at making things _____________ (grow). She ___________ (have) a green thumb. 2. We _________________ (have) a party for Tom's birthday. It's in two weeks' time. 3. The story was ________ (bore) and we were _____________ (bore) with it. 4. She tried her best to ____________ (please) the manager and this time the manager was _________ (please) with her good work. 5. I hate ____________ (write) compositions even if in Chinese. 6. It was very cold. I'd like _____________ (have) a drink. 7. You look _________ ( worry). What _______ you _________(worry) about? 8. If you are _________ (feed) up with fish, you can have anything else for dinner. 9. Everything ____________ (fall) out as we had hoped. 10. He ___________(fall) out with the girl he is going to marry. II．用下列短语的适当形式完成下列句子 keep on , keep …out of, keep from doing , keep in touch with, keep sb. waiting keep one’s promise , knock on/at , knock over , know about , know each other 1. It’s raining outside. You had better _________ the rain ____________ the window. 2. I am sorry to _________ you_________ for a long time. 3. I don’t know Mr. Brown, but I ________ something ________ him. 4. Who is ____________ the door? 5. We ___________________ since we were children. 6. You can telephone me every week, and in this way we can ________________each other. 7. The heavy rain ________ him __________(go) to school that day. 8.Though it was dark, they ____________ working in the field. 9. Tom ______________ the bottle of ink and there was ink all over him. 10. Once( 一旦) you make a promise, you should __________________. 第六大题：完成句子。 （20 分） 1. _____________________（使我们惊讶的是）, he was the first to hand in his paper in the exam. 2. You should _________________________（遵守交通信号）when you cross the road. 3. The fellows are all _________________________________（在他们的老板的控制之下）. 4. China is a great country _________________________________（具有悠久历史）. 5. ---Thanks a lot for helping us. ---____________________________（别客气）. 6. The monkey hung __________________（倒挂）to play with the others. 7. The guests are usually offered some ____________________（茶袋）to make tea in hotels. 8. ______________________ the money is to be sent him.（余下的） 9. He is ________ age ________ （与?一样）his wife. 10. His mother often listens to ______________________（天气预报）after the news report. 11. She is so tall that she can hardly buy ______________________（合适的尺码）clothes. 12. He was sent to ______________________（急救站）as quickly as possibly. 13. --- I’m sorry that I can’t stay with you. ---_____________________（没关系）. 14. “_________________（对吗）?” the teacher asked, pointing at his answer on the blackboard. 15. “________________（太棒了）!” the boy shouted excitedly when he heard the exciting news. 16.He knows four foreign languages, _______________ （像?）English and Russian. 17. ___________________ they were getting to the top.（一步步地） 18. He is ________ lovely a boy _________（如此?以至于）we all like him. 19. He got up early ________________（是为了）he could catch the fist bus. 20. We’ve learned 2000 new words _________________（到目前为止）.
第一大题：词语辨析： （10） 1―10：CAABB DCADC 第二大题、 根据英语释义和所给首字母， 写出相应的单词 （10 分） 1. increase 2. comfortable 3. special 4. camera 5. market 6. size 7. century 8. hardly 9. lonely 10. expect 第三大题、将下列短语译成英语或汉语（20 分） 1. make up one's mind 2. before long 3. at least 4. from now on 5. never mind 6. slow down 7. go over 8. the Palace Museum 9. speak highly of 10. thanks to 11. 溢出 12. 坚持下去 13. 中场队员 14. 对??发脾气 15.对??满意 16. 从现在起 17. 移动电话 18. 两层楼房 19. 实现 20. 避开；防止 第四大题： （20） 1.hall 2.hand 3.handsome 4.happened 5.happily 6.happy 7.hard 8.hardly 9.harmful 10.hate 11.have 12.he 13.head 14.health 15.healthy 16.hear 17heavy 18.height 19.Hello 20.help 第五大题：用所给词语的适当形式填空。 I.1. grow, has 2. will have, 3. boring, bored 4. please, pleased 5. writing6. to have 7. worried, are? worrying 8. fed 9. fell 10. has fallen II．1. keep ? out of 2. keep waiting 3. know? about 4. knocking on/at 5. have know each other 6. keep in touch with 7. kept?from going 8. kept on 9. knocked over 10. keep your promise 第六大题：完成句子。 II. 1. To our surprise 2.obey traffic signals 3. under the boss’s thumb 4. with a long history 5. You are welcome 6. upside down7. tea bags 8. The rest of 9. the same as 10. the weather forecast 11. the right size12. the first-aid post 13. Never mind14. Is that right 15. That’s great16. such as 17. step by step 18. so…that 19. so that 20. so far
A.将下列英文词组翻译成中文（15 分） 11. in peace 12．as a matter of fact 13. pay attention to 14 belong to 15.out of work 16.join in 17.face to face 18.get along with 19.go through 20.sentence...to death 21.settle down 22.make up one's mind 23.according to 24.as a result 25. deal with B.将下列中文翻译成相应的英文单词（15 分） 26. n. 态度，看法 27. a. 镇静,沉着的 v.镇静沉着 28 v. / n. 涉及，关心 29. vt. 把…奉献, 把…专用（于） 30. n. 不利条件；弱点 31 v. 忽视，对…不理会 32. num. 百万 n. 百万个（人或物） 33. n./ v. 义工，自愿者，无 偿做 34. n. 青春；青年 35. a. 不公平的，不公正的 36． v. 欣赏； 感激的， 37 a. / n. 希腊的，希腊人希腊语的 ; 希腊人，希腊语 38. n. 主人； 节目主持人 v. 做主人招 待 39. n. 邀请，请帖 40. n. 箴言，格言
III．单词拼写（共 40 小题，计 40 分） （运用必修三各单元词汇） 。 A． 根据句意及汉语提示写出所缺单词的正确形式。 （10 分） 41. He has been __________(奖励) a medal for his great bravery. 42. The _________( 风俗) of naming women after flowers is becoming less common. 43.We began our ___________(向东) journey at dawn. 44.Most of the old buildings in the__________(市区) were torn down. 45.This_______(理论) helps to explain how animals communicate with each other. 46.I was surprised by the ___________(出席) of so many people at the meeting. 47.Her _________(耐性) made her the best nurse in the hospital. 48.You should____________(寻求) advice from your lawer on this matter. 49.There would be long talks about the strengths and ________(弱点) of each and every player. 50.Mrs Li was in her late thirties, about average height, with a ________(苗条的) figure. B．根据句意及首字母提示写出所缺单词的正确形式（10 分） 。 51. The police s_________ the house after a murder happened last night. 52. A bird in hand is worth two in the b________. 53. Smoking is h_________ to health, but some people cannot get rid of it. 54. O_________ is a kind of gas that is necessary for most animals and plants to live. 55.This is the study where Hemingway wrote the famous n__________ Death in the Afternoon and For Whom the Bell Tolls. 56.A large a__________ of money is spent on advertisement every year. 57. Proper d_________ and exercise are both important for health. 58.As a scientist , she always c_________ theory with practice. 59.Mohandas Ganhdi was a political and a r_________ leader in Indian history. 60.After the accident, he has lost his b_______ in God. C.根据下列各词的英语解释写出正确的单词（10 分） 。 61.____________ someone who studies or works in biology. 62.____________ the force that causes something to fall to the ground or to be attracted to another planet. 63.____________ the typical weather conditions in a particular area. 64.____________ very difficult to believe and therefore probably untrue. 65.____________ a thin paper cover in which you put and send a letter. 66.____________ to discuss something with someone so that you can make a decision together. 67.____________ to change food that you have just eaten into substances that your bady can use . 68.____________ general appearance of nature around you, especially beautiful nantrue. 69.____________ a government member who is in charge of a government department. 70. ____________ a short informal test. D.用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。 （10 分） 71.You were wrong to take the car without _________(permit). 72.The __________ (origin) picture is in the British Museum. 73.The teacher gave orders that the work __________(finish) before 4 o?clock. 74.The suggestion that the students _____ (make) after a discussion was very good. 75.He pushed it ________(gentle) open and looked in. 76.Don?t you think it?s _________(puzzle) that no one noticed them leave. 77.Do you permit your children ___________ (smoke)? 78.When I woke up, I found myself _______(pull) into another room. 79.We ___________ (benefit) a lot since we formed the good habit of learning. 80. There is a message pinned on the door, which _____ (say) “ Sorry to miss you! ”. IV. 完形填空。 （共 10 小题，计 10 分） 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项(A,B,C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项. Competition(竞争) or Cooperation (合作)？ Competition is necessary for the development and advancement of a society and cooperation is important for the existence and 81 of a society. Competition can push one to make greater progress, 82 cooperation can bring benefits to society as well as to everyone. In my opinion, fair competition and sincere friendly cooperation should be 83 and promoted. Competition 84 be seen everywhere and every time. It can be very 85. For example, the workers of one factory try their best to produce high quality products in order to compete with other factories to take a larger share in the market. College students compete with each other, to get better 86 , win scholarships(奖学金), and then get better jobs in the future. This is just like a 87 in the sports meeting. Only when we dash(冲刺) along can we succeed. On the
other hand, we live, work and study with many other people and we are 88 of a society. In many cases, we can't do without cooperation between us because each one's ability is limited. 89 , cooperation is also important. As long as we are cooperative, our achievements will be greater. We can say that cooperation is the 90 of success. In one word, if one wants to be successful, to gain greater achievements, and to seek for a happier and safer life, he or she must learn to be both competitive and cooperative. 81.A.value B. fortune C. peace D.freedom 82.A.or B.while C.but D.for 83.A.encouraged B.exploited C.increased D.prevented 84.A.must B.should C.would D.can 85.A.steady B.helpful C.nervous D.cruel 86.A.grades B.degrees C.prizes D.pay 87.A.game B.signal C.fight D.race 88.A.members B.students C.masters D.leaders 89.A.However B.Otherwise C.Therefore D.Besides 90.A. key B. base C. cause D.result V．阅读理解（词汇猜测）（共 5 小题，计 10 分） 。 Most women in Ghana —— the educated and illiterate, the urban and rural, the young and old work to earn an income in addition to maintaining their roles as housewi- ves and mothers. Their reputation for economic independence, self-reliance, and hard work is well known and well deserved(应得的，值得的). 91 Which of the following is closest in meaning to the underlined word “illiterate” A. repeat B. reiterated C. uneducated D. sick The ruler had been so cruel and dishonest that after the revolution he was banished. A few members of the Senate (参 议院)opposed this decision , but the majority voted that the ruler should leave the country for ever. 92.The underlined word “banished” mean__________. A killed by stoning B sent away C imprisoned D punished by whipping What makes one person more intelligent than another? What makes one person a genius, like the brilliant Albert Einstein, and another person a fool? Are people born intelligent or stupid, or is intelligence the result of where and how you live? These are very old question and the answers to them are still not clear. We know, however, that just being born with a good mind is not enough. In some ways, the mind is like a leg or an arm muscle. It needs exercise. Mental (done with the mind) exercise is particularly important for young children. Many child psychologists (心理学家) think that parents should play with their children more often and give them problems to think about. The children are then more likely to grow up bright and intelligent. If, on the other hand, children are left alone a great deal with nothing to do, they are more likely to become dull and unintelligent. 93. The words “intelligent” and “brilliant” in the first paragraph probably mean ___ while “dull” in the second paragraph means ___. A. bright and splendid…slow in thinking and understanding B. pretty and handsome…ordinary-looking C. great and important…common D. hopeful and helpful…careless As the son of a senior official in the KMT(Kuomingtang), Lien Chan was born to be a good leader. During his childhood, he was quite naughty and seldom sat still. But he often acted as leader among his friends. “He was happy to help and lead. When any quarrel broke out among the kids, he would come forward to mediate,” said one of his childhood friends in Xi?an. 94.What does the underlined word “mediate” mean? A．To stand in the middle. B．To help one side. C．To be a looker-on. D． To stop the quarrel. Tens of thousands of baby penguins face starvation(饥饿) after two giant icebergs broke off the Antarctic ice sheet and blocked their parents? road to the feeding areas. Adeline and emperor penguins nesting on the Ross island rookeries are now forced to walk long distances over the icebergs to obtain food for their chicks, born during the November- December breeding season.. 95. What does the underlined word “obtain” probably mean? A eat B get C sell D buy
in peace 安静，宁静 as a matter of fact 事实上，其实 pay attention to 注意 belong to 属于 out of work 失业 join in 参加，加入 face to face 面对面 get along with 与……相处 go through 浏览; 翻阅，通过 sentence...to death 判处死刑 settle down 定居，平静下来 make up one's mind 下决心 according to 根据，按照 as a result （作为）结果 deal with 处理，对付 attitude n. 态度，看法 calm a. 镇静,沉着的 v.镇静沉着 concern v. / n. 涉及，关心 devote vt. 把…奉献,把…专用（于） disadvantage n. 不利条件；弱点 ignore v. 忽视，对…不理会 millionaire n. 百万富翁 volunteer n./ v.自愿者，无偿做 youth n. 青春；青年 unfair a. 不公平的，不公正的 appreciate v. 欣赏； 感激 Greek a. / n. 希腊的，希腊人的，希腊语的 ; 希腊 人，希腊语 host n. 主人，节目主持人 v. 做主人招待 invitation n. 邀请，请帖 motto n. 箴言，格言
41-50 awarded custom eastward downtown theory presence patience seek weakness slim 51-60 surrounded bush harmful Oxygen novels amount diet combines religious belief 61-70 biologist gravity climate unbelievable envelope consult digest scenery minister. quiz 71-80 permission original be finished made gently puzzling to smoke pulled have benefited says
81-85 CBADD 86-90 ADACB V. 91-95 CBAD C.根据下列各词的英语解释写出正确的单词 61. __________ uncooked. 62. __________ the strong wish to know about something 63. __________ mistake. 64. __________the place where someone was born. 65.__________ a thin paper cover in which you put and send a letter. 66. __________ to discuss something with someone so that you can make a decision together. 67. __________ to change food that you have just eaten into substances that your body can use . 68.____________ someone who buys things or services from a shop, company, etc. 69.____________ something that you say is not true. 70. ____________ to try to find or get something. C.根据下列各词的英语解释写出正确的单词（10 分） 。 61-65 66-70 raw consult curiosity digest fault customer birthplace lie envelope seek
1. Ross is not ____sixteen._____nobody is grown up in his class. A. almost…Nearly C. nearly…Almost B. almost…Almost D. nearly…Nearly
2. Rost said she would buy something for _____use. That is, she would buy something that she would use ______. A. every day …every day C. everyday…every day B. everyday …everyday D. every day…everyday
3. They were lucky to get tickets for the first _____of the new opera. A. action B. performance C. act D. scene
4. There was nothing but a _____ look on her face when she was asked the question. A. hollow B. blank C. empty D. vacant
5. Of these recent books, only one is still ________. A. modern B. present C. current D. contemporary
6. He has been______ murdering two girls on the court. A. blamed for B. charged for C. scolded for D. accused of
7. The boss told him to _____his lateness for work. .
第 20 页 共 46 页
A. explain for explanation for
B. account up for
C. tell the reason of
D. make an
8. _______ up a good hobby will do a lot of good to you. A. Bringing B. Taking C. Making D. Raising
9. If you come across any new word , don?t hesitate to ______your dictionary. A. turn up B. turn down C. turn away D. turn to
10. Immediate aid is _____for the victims of the earthquake. A. offered B. provided C. approved D. afforded
11. I have not the least ____ of speaking ill of you. A. intention B. planning C. intend D. purpose
12. This afternoon we will be free because the meeting is to _______. A. put off B. be called off C. be called for D. postpone
13. Lincoln called _____his soldiers to fight _____ slavery. A. on …for B. on…against C. for…against D. up…for
14. The student _____ the mobile phone that he had picked up in the street . A. turned in B. handed in C. turned over D. turned to
15.The talks between those two big companies ______, so the two managers had to look for another trade partner respectively . A. broke up B. broke down C. broke out D. broke away
16. In a debate, one must manager to ______oneself by catching his opponent?s weak points . A. protect B. benefit C. defend D. recover
17. To be honest, I don?t quite ____your general view on the Iraqi issue . A. agree B. share C. allow D. appreciate
18. If you_______a passage before you read it in detail, you can get a general idea of it . A. skip B. survey C. skim D. simplify
19. Those who like to move from job to job usually don?t want to have a ______ position. A. continuous B. permanent C. terminal D. repeated
第 21 页 共 46 页
20. In spite of his old age, he would go mountain-climbing and refused to ____. A. give out B. give in C. withdraw D. give away
21. They ____one hardship after another before they finished the task . A. went through B. undergo C. overcome D. went over
22. We Chinese people should ____to build our country into a powerful one . A. go all out B. go around C. go out D. go for
23. Each class ______40 students . A. is made up of B..is consisted of C. composes of D. makes up
24. I am surprised that you should have been fooled by such a(n) ____trick. A. ordinary B. easy C. smart D. simple
25. “I really don?t want to go to college for a while ,” she ____. A. admitted B. complained C. proposed D. screamed
26. The news ____ twenty minutes later . A. continued B. lasted C. spread D. arrived
27. －what was the party like ? －Wonderful. It’s years ____I enjoyed myself so much . A. after B. before C. when D. since
28. The train leaves at 6:00 p.m. So I have to be at the station _____5:40 p.m. at latest. A. energy B. source C. power D. material
29. All the people ___at the party were his supporters. A. present B. thankful C. interested D. important but what a
30.The subjects were the same as those in ______school, difference A. night 答案 ： 1.C 11.A 21.A
in the approach! B. regular C. small D. real
2.C 12.B 22.A
3.B 13.B 23.A
4.B 14.A 24.D
5.C 15.B 25.A
6.D 16.C 26.A
7.B 17.B 27.D
8.B 18.C 28.A
9.D 19.B 29.A
10.B 20.B 30.B
第 22 页 共 46 页
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
She prefers popular music and jazz to c______ music. Swimming is my favourite sport. It is one of my h______. We were cast away on an island to s______ for a week on bread and water. Life has many joys and s_______. She is a brave girl. She is never s______ of anything. He is a man of fine _______.(品质) She __________(表达) surprise when I told her how much it was.
小计【 】 8. He accepted his friend?s __________(挑战) to swim across the river. 9. The thief ___________(承认) that he had stolen the bicycle. 10. The headmaster gave a ____________(演讲) about good manners to the whole school. 11. The people stayed __________(忠诚) to their country. 12. Peter is a h___________ and smart boy that all his classmates like him. 13. It was b___________ of him to enter the burning house. 14. He is leading an i__________ life. 小计【 】 15. This is his n__________ town.. 16. The doctor asked me to show my t_________. 17. Beijing is an i__________ city. Foreign t________ is important to it. 18. People c________ with each other by means of words. 19. The explorer (探险者) told the children about his a________ in the Pacific Ocean. 20. The m_________ of people seem to prefer watching games to playing games. 21. Excuse me, but I don?t know how to read your name. Could you p_________ it for me, please? 小计【 】 22. Hu Jintao was elected p___________ of the People?s Republic of China on Mar.15.2003. 23. He is a new teacher. He has no e__________ in teaching English. 24. Only a narrow strait (海峡) s________America from Asia. 25. We are ________ (考虑)a new plan. 26. Her temperature has returned to n________. 27. I shouldn?t have ordered the ________(设备)without asking you first. 28. Have you ever tried any _______(冒险)travel? 小计【 】 29. The two countries _________ (联合)against their common enemy. 30. It is an important research centre for _________(大自然)wildlife. 31. The Chinese diet is _________(认为) to be the healthiest in the world. 32. There is a ___________ (特别的) English programme on the radio. 33. Britian is a E_____________ country. 34. The textbook was __________(出版) in the 1990s. 35. Shakespear c_______life to the stage(舞台).
第 23 页 共 46 页
小计【 】 36. Our ____________(政府) paid more attention to the air pollution. 37. He speaks English and Arabic with ________(相等的) ease. 38. Where are you planning to spend your summer v________? 39. We?ll ________ (保护) the plants against the weather. 40. The song is __________(流行的)among the young people. 41. A number of officials from the central and regional governments have flown to the d________ area to direct the rescue work. 42. Cao and her two children were among the first people on the ship who were r________ by lifeboats. 小计【 】 43. I have a March d______ for the novel, that is to say, it must be finished by March. 44. The earth s________ under us, for example in an earthquake. 45. He returned after two o?clock had s________. 46. I have m________ of work to do.(我有大量工作要做) 47. The book is p________ by (from) the Foreign Languages Press. 48. At the top of the hill, he took a ________ （照片）of the old tower. 49. When he came to the office on the seventh floor, he was out of ________ (呼吸). 小计【 】 50. She is a ________ (美人) in her days. 51. The fire ________ （毁坏）the whole building. 52. If we go on ________ (污染) the world, it won?t be fit for us to live in. 53. There is a ________ (限度) to everything. 54. The shop was full of ______(卷) of cloth. 55. The social ________ (风俗) of other countries are different from ours. 56. Sorry to i________ you, but your mother is waiting outside. 小计【 】 57. He b________ himself(使举止规矩) like a man. 58. The book made a great i________ on me. 59. A________ speak louder than words. 60. Tears of ________ (幸福) flowed down her cheeks. 61. They had no c________ but to obey. 62. Good citizens obey the l________. 63. The performance was televised l________ to a million viewers. 小计【 】 64. Pupils must be ________ (安静) during the study-hour. 65. Her husband is a film ________ (导演). 66. The ________ are changed during the interval (剧间休息). 67. Why are you s_________ at me? It makes me unhappy.
第 24 页 共 46 页
68. The teacher refused to c__________ on the final examination results. 69. The number of mistakes __________(决定) the mark you receive in an exam. 70. I must help my brother and sister because they're my own ___________ and blood. 我必须帮 助我的弟弟和妹妹,因为他们是我的亲骨肉。 小计【 】 71. In the past American people were not satisfied with political __________ (领袖) and many songs were written to laugh at them. 72. We're ___________(祈求) for a fine day because it has been raining for so long a time. 73. Have the actors all got their s__________? Please read them carefully. 74. When people finish eating, they often clean their mouth with a ________(餐巾). 75. The old lady spent most of her __________(事业) as a primary teacher in Newcastle. 76. The film is suitable for both a__________ and children. 77. The o__________ door was wide open but the inner one was locked. 小计【 】 78. F__________ me for getting in a word, but I really don?t agree with what you said just now. 79. The international conference aims to bring together people from many different __________(文化). 80. Let me i__________ myself: my name is Jackie Chan. 81. The old gentleman put on his glasses, __________(展开) the letter and began to read it. 82. He drove his car fast at the s___________ of 80 miles per hour. 83. Before we study in a middle school, we must study in a p_______ school. 84. What would you like for d__________ —— ice-cream or fresh fruit? 小计【 】 85. It is bad m__________ to talk with your mouth full. 86. —Don?t you think Martin has been __________(举止) very strangely recently? — Yes. But he wasn?t what he is? 87. You?ll have to a__________ to your teacher for forgetting to do your homework. 88. — We?re going to be late. — Well, it?s not my f__________—— I was ready on time. 89. The temperature today is two __________(度) colder than yesterday. 90. But when i__________ became more important than agriculture in American life, families became smaller. 91. My clothes are out of f__________, so I think I have to buy new ones. 小计【 】 92. Business letters are usually __________(正式). 93. —Do you have any money? —No, but I have some ________(银子). 94. —Did you receive his invitation? —Yes, but I didn?t a_______ it because I had something else to do. 95. Can you get a p__________ if you take part in the English competition? 96. After they fought again and again, they decided to make p__________.
第 25 页 共 46 页
97. He ________(欠) me five dollars. 98. Have you ever watched the historical ________(戏) written by Guo Moruo? 99. A bird has two w________, and if I had ones, I would fly to you. 100. Though unable to join us today, they are with us in ________(精神).
Keys: 1. classical 2. hobbies 3. survive 4. sorrows 5. scared 6.quality 7. expressed 8.challenge 9.admitted 10. speech 11. loyal 12. handsome 13.brave 14.independent 15.native 16. tongue 17.international trade 18.communicate 19.adventure 20.majority 21.pronounce 22.president 23 experience 24 separates 25considering 26normal 27equipment 28adventure 29combined 30nature 31.considered 32 particular 33 European 34published 35compared 36government 37eaqual 38vacation 39 protect 40popular 41disaster 42 rescued 43 deadline 44 shook 45 struck 46.masses 47.published.48.photograph 49.breth 50.beauty 51.damaged 52.polluting 53.limit 54.rolls 55.customs 56.interrupt 57. behaved 58.impression 59.Actions 60.happiness 61.choice 62.laws 63.live 64.silent 65.director 66. scenes 67. stare 68.comment 69.determines 70.flesh 71.leaders 72.praying 73.scripts 74.napkin 75.career 76.adults 77.outer 78.Forgive 79. cultures 80.introduce 81.unfolded 82.speed 83.primary 84.dessert 85.manners 86.behaving 87. apologise 88. fault 89. degrees 90. industry 91. fashion 92. formal 93. silver 94. accept 95. prize 96. peace 97.owes 98.drama 99. wings 100. spirit
二、完成句子：根据所给的首字母写出单词。（共 30 小题，每小题 1 分，共 30 分） 1. To s___________ his parents, he always works very hard. 2. The film r__________ me of what I had seen in the USA. 3. Some movies c____________ education with recreation, so the audience can get educated while watching these movies. 4. V______________ criminals like that are a danger to society. 5. The government have taken m_________ to protect the unemployed. 6. The child couldn?t keep his b____________ on his new bike. 7. O____________, your Mum has already known the good news, which you can judge from her smiling face. 8. Sunshine is b___________ to all lives and we all benefit from it. 9. Tolerance is one of his s___________. So people say he is easy to get along with. 10. No students of our school are allowed to leave the school during the study time for their safety without p___________.
第 26 页 共 46 页
11. Lack of confidence can a______________ for her absence from the speech. She is afraid to face the public. 12. For lack of food, the old man s____________ to death. 13. I don?t mind a_______________ to others if I make a mistake. 14. The great Chinese poet Li Bai depended on drinking to get i_______ for writing poems. 15. I went to see a s___________ who found I had too little sugar in my blood. 16. The birth r____________ is the number of births compared to the number of people. 17. A c____________ person is happy with what he has, rather than worried about what he has not. 18. You should be careful when you walk in the street, p____________ when you cross the street. 19. When having English class, I heard two students w____________ to each other. 20. We must r___________ ourselves of these old ideas. 21. The cookies are made from g___________ and fruit. 22. “Have you taken part in either of my last two c_______________?” The officer asked the soldier. 23. We s___________ the police wholeheartedly in their work against crime. 24. Though he is young, he is s____________ to support a large family. 25. When a______________ the house, they found something unusual, so they stopped to have a look. 26. For some festivals, people go to clean graves in m_____________ of their ancestors. 27. There is a v____________ of goods in the supermarket. 28. Nowadays, many young people are c_________ about their own future. 29. He failed in the English exam because of his poor English v__________. 30. She started a__________ the thief coming into the house with a piece of wood. 三、用括号所给词的正确形式填空。（共 20 小题，没小题 1 分，共 20 分） 1. His English filled us with __________. (admire) 2. The guide told funny stories hoping to provide __________ for tourists. (entertain) 3. The _________ of the 50 states forms the United States of America. (combine) 4. Snow showers are __________ in the next 24 hours. (like) 5. Teaching is a job that requires both skills and _________. (patient) 6. The principal?s __________ at the party didn?t seem to be very welcome. (present) 7. His ambition is to become a great _________. (physics) 8. In my opinion, ________ is more important than treatment. (prevent) 9. He left as a poor and shabby guy but returned as a _________ man. (wealth) 10. Nowadays many young people still have __________ family values. (tradition)
第 27 页 共 46 页
11. I am bringing some __________ books for you to read. (refer) 12. This department is in charge of the ___________ event. (emergency) 13. The instruction on the box is very __________. (confuse) 14. I have invented a game that will keep the kids ___________ for hours. (occupy) 15. The three stars will give two more __________. (perform) 16. He made a lot of money in the city of Las Vegas, but _________ he lost all he had. (fortune) 17. He is a _________ boy who is always asking questions. (curiosity) 18. Don?t you know him? He is a __________ honest person. (true) 19. I don?t go along with his __________ beliefs. (religion) 20. The park is so _________ that many people go there every day. (attract)
四、短文填空 根据短文内容和所给的首字母填入适当的单词。 （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分） In my free time, I really like surfing the Internet. When I get home f my c 2 , wait until it boots up completely, and then I go o 5 3 first and then write a few messages to family and friends. I sometimes s headlines at my favorite news Website and read up on the l This Website often provides video news c looking for. For example, I ordered a d 6 7 1 4 work, I turn on the local news . I usually check my email local and international news.
which you can view online. I sometimes order camera online the other day and saved about 8 information.
products or service online to save money and time instead of going to a store and buying what I?m ＄50. Whatever I do, I realize that there are problems with using the Internet including scams, identity theft, and viruses, so I?m very careful not to give out my p F c 9 10
, I don t download or open files I don t recognize. Using the Internet can be fun and a way of shopping and finding out new information, but you just need to be careful.?
五、用所给短语的适当形式填空。（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，共 15 分）
look forward to，turn up，earn one?s living，glare at，bring up, take a chance, lay eggs, prevent…from…, manage to do, catch sight of, devote… to,
be determined to do, focus on, star in, be modeled after
1. I am very pleased that you ________ give up smoking. 2. The old man __________ by selling newspapers. 3. Doctors say many diseases can _____________ spreading by washing our hands.
第 28 页 共 46 页
4. I will be at the Baker Street at six sharp, and I am __________ seeing you. 5. All my time and energy _________________ being a good teacher now. 6. All eyes ____________________ him. 7. This country?s parliament ___________ the British system. 8. He promised to come, but so far he has not __________. 9. Audrey Hepburn (奥黛丽.赫本) __________________ My Fair Lady. 10. Li Ming was born in Beijing but _______________ in Guangzhou. 11. The little boy ___________________________ take up football as his career in the future. 12. He __________ the naughty boy who was writing on the wall. 13. When the teacher entered the classroom, he found the two students __________ each other. It seemed that they had just quarreled. 14. Why do you want to kill the hen that ______________ every day? 15. You should work for your exam instead of ___________________.
六、用适当的介词或副词填空。（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，共 15 分） 1. Chinese proverbs are rich and they are still widely used in Chinese people?s daily life. ________ these proverbs there are often interesting stories. 2. I wanted to reward the old woman _______ the trouble I had caused her. 3. If you really have to leave during the meeting, you?d better leave ______ the back door. 4. Fred entered without knocking and, very out of breath, sank _______ a chair. 5. You have no idea how she finished the relay race ________ her foot wounded so much. 6. I like her speech; it was clear and ______ the point. 7. The parents did all they could to make the anxious girl feel ______ ease. 8. Everything was perfect for the picnic except _______ the weather. 9. Scientists are convinced ______ the positive effect of laughter on physical and mental health. 10. People have always been curious _______ how living things on the earth exactly began. 11. After the earthquake, the injured were cared _____ in the local hospitals. 12. I would like a job which pays more, but _____ the other hand I enjoy the work I?m doing now. 13. A woman ______ the name of Sonora Smart Dodd thought of the idea for Father?s Day. 14. Are you paying now, or shall I book it _______ to you? 15. The pianist began to play and the girl in red began to sing ______ the music. NO KEYS Choose the right word in order to complete the word in right form in each sentence according to the meaning of the sentence and the initial(根据句意及首字母补全单词): 34. It is said that the electric car will only c______ very few to the climate protection until 2030.
第 29 页 共 46 页
A. connect B. control C. continue D. contribute 35. If the b__________ is only 18, of course he can marry but it will considered as child marriage. A. bride B. bandit C. bullet D. bridegroom 36. The list i________ things such as houses, boats, cars and education. A. includes B. incomes C. injures D. infects 37. I take what she said very s________. A. successful B. successfully C. seriously D. serious 38. It is hard to s______ awake when I am tired. A. stay B. suffer C. sing D. serve 39. Christmas lights a_______ on the tree every year in December. A. affect B. alarm C. aspect D. appear 40. Her hair nearly reached down to her w_____. A. wait B. waste C. waist D. wave 41. Sorry to have d_______ answering your letter because of pressure of time A. decided B. delayed C. discussed D. disliked 42. Do it now, o_________, it will be too late. A. orally B. outwards C. otherwise D. obviously 43. The wounded soldier walked with great d_______________. A. disaster B. discourage C. distance D. difficulty 44. He?ll be back soon. He has ridden a m___________ to the station to meet a friend. A. minibus B. motor C. missile D. machine 45. Science and t____________ have made our motherland rich and powerful A. test B. tax C. technology D. teaching 46. In r_____________ years, advances in medical science have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past. A. red B. real C. right D. recent 47.The s_______ of North America by European began in the 16th century. A.settled B.settlment C. settler D. settlement 48.I have never seen Wang Fei. So I am going to see her sing in her concert in the f_______. A. flash B. fresh C. flesh D. frash 49.He d ____his toes in the water and felt the water was very hot. A. dap B. diped C.dep Ddipped 50.They really e_______ me to come to their masquerade party tomorrow night. A. expert B. except C. expect D. ercept V. Guess the meaning of the underlined words according to the context of each sentence, and choose the best answer(根据句意猜测词义): 51. An Wang was born in Shanghai, China, in 1920. He came to America as an immigrant at the age of twenty-five. A. 臣民 B. 移民 C. 公民 D. 市民 52. The usual symptoms of a cold are a runny nose, coughing, sneezing, a throat ache and aching muscles. A. 眨眼睛 B. 挠痒痒 C. 打喷嚏 D. 学口哨 53. Jane is indecisive, that is, she can’t make up her mind. A. 优柔寡断的 B. 明察秋毫的 C. 勤学好问的 D. 倾国倾城的 54. The Christmas dinner includes poultry for the main course such as chicken, turkey, duck and goose. A. 小鸟 B. 动物 C. 美食 D. 家禽
第 30 页 共 46 页
55. He had a wan look. He was so pale and weak that we thought he was ill. A. 深情的 B. 勉强的 C. 虚弱的 D. 无奈的 56. Shopkeepers may have to spend extra hours in dealing with problems, such as shoplifters, who always take away things from the shop without paying for them. A. 力夫 B. 帮手 C. 小偷 D. 搬运 57. His uncle was a roamer, a wanderer who could never stay in one place. A. 流浪者 B. 探险者 C. 旅行者 D. 迁徙者 58. When Wilma Rudolf was very young, she got a disease called polio. Wilma’s legs began to have problems. A. 小儿麻痹症 B. 老年痴呆症 C. 风湿关节炎 D. 跌打损伤痛 59. He replied quickly. But after he considered the problem more carefully, he regretted having made such a hasty decision. A. 错误的 B. 匆忙的 C. 果断的 D. 明智的 60. Because it was very contagious, everyone in the family came down with a disease. A. 坏死性的 B. 开放性的 C. 封闭性的 D. 传染性的 VI．Compare the words and phrases and choose the best answer to each sentence(短语和单 词辨义): 61.Nowadays ads overflow on the TV screen, and it usually ________too much time to watch them during a TV series. A. costs B. spends C. takes D. pays 62. I don't understand what he said _______ at the meeting yesterday. A. in all B. after all C. at all D. all above 63. Girls ________ one third of the total student population in Jianli General School, Xiangyu Group, which _________5140 students. A. make of; is made up B. make up; is made up of C. make from; make up D. made into; make up of 64. It's really difficult to _________ a conversation with someone who only says "Yes" or "No". A. keep out B. keep off C. keep on D. keep up 65. On Christmas Day in western countries, people walk about in the street __________their best. A. and wear B. and put on C. dressed in D. to wear 66. He didn't go into detail on the subject. He spoke _________. A. in general B. in particular C. in common D. in short 67.I really think that our dreams will_________________ one day. A. come true B. realized C. made real D. turned into reality 68. The news was a terrible blow to her, but she will _______ the shock soon. A. get out B. pull through C. pull off D. get off 69.Nanhai No.1 Middle School __________the east of Guicheng. A. is situated to B. is lied in C. is located in D. is found in 70.The firework _____ splendidly in the dark night, which amazed a lot of people. A. went off B. went over C. set off D. came off 71. Which of the following is not the same as ?I really hate it!?? A. I can?t stand it! B. I can?t bear it! C. I can?t agree any more! D. I can?t put up with it! 72. Going on a ______ has become a fashion among many young girls who wish to keep slim. A、figure B、shape C、diet D、fit 73.Close the window, __________, it?ll be very cold in here. A. however B. otherwise C. moreover D. besides 74. _______ he graduated from college, one should still continue to study. A. As if B. Even if C. Besides D. If 75. The wedding reception is a huge party which ____________ a whole night.
第 31 页 共 46 页
A. gets through B. goes through C. lasts through D. pulls through 76. On Christmas Eve, the whole family helped to ________ the Christmas decorations. A. make up B. put up C. get up D. catch up 77. You should ___________ with the project no matter how difficult it is! A. carry B. go on C. continue to D. keep 78. I?ll call you ___________. A. in a moment B. for a moment C. at a moment D. on a moment 79.As a good child, you should help your parents ____ the dishes before ____ a shower. A. have … do B. have … doing C. do … have D. do … having 80. Two years later, I?ll ________ from this middle school. A. leave B. graduate C. suffer D. come VII. Spelling(单词拼写) She worked hard and was soon ________(提升) The local residents have ______(反应)angrily to the news. Lily prefers pop music to _____ (古典的) music. The buses are always c_____ with passengers on holidays. C___________ to you on your success! My radio doesn?t work because it needs a new _____.(电池) It is ________(明显的) that those who commit crimes will be punished. His pulse is not very ________________(规则). He was _________(拒绝) by the army because of his bad eyesight. In my opinion, those who are ________________(乐观) about life live a happy life. Jane ______（跳水）into the pool and swan to the other end. With _____ (社会) development, the living condition will become better and better. We are going to ________（装饰）our new house next week. Kathleen won a(an) ______(奖学金) to study at Cambridge. The old worker is very ______( 熟练) in repairing cars. This kind of desk is _____(设计) for the children who are shortsighted. The price for the trip is $10 for an a_______ and $4 for a child. This kind of skirts has come into _____ (流行). When studying,he _________(集中)his mind on his lessons. 100. Wimbledon is a___________(郊区) of London.
81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91. 92. 93. 94. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99.
34. DD 36. ACADC 41. BCDAC 46. DDCDC 51. BCADC 56. CAABD 61. CCBCC 66.
第 32 页 共 46 页
AABCA 76. BBADB
1. improved/ promoted/ 2. react to… reacted 3.classical 4.crowded /crowd 5. Congratulations 6.battery 7.obvious 8.regular 9.refused/rejected/ 10.optimistic 11.dived/jumped / 12.social /society 13.decorate
第 33 页 共 46 页
14.scholarship 15.experienced/ skillful 16.design 17.adult 18.fashion/popularity / focuses suburb React to How did he react to the news? What is his reaction to the news? Respond / response How did he respond to the news
第 34 页 共 46 页
Real/reality/ /really Canada/Canadian/ Italy/Italian France/French America/American
Art form Form v.形成 form a good habit of learning n.表格 fill in the form 形式 in the form of
第 35 页 共 46 页
根据括号里的英语或汉语提示填写正确的英语单词 1. Most Chinese people have a strong _______（believe）in the Communist Party. 2. The more the young students worked, the more _______（energy）they became. 3. The ______ (arrive) of the train was delayed. 4. We will host an evening of _______ (celebrate) in honor of the retirement of the chairman. 5. Hans was a simple, deeply ________ (religion ) man. 6. I'll never ________ (原谅) you for the wrong you have done to your parents. 7. The autumn ________ (丰收，收获) is about to start. 8. Indeed, there are many _______ (明显的, 显而易见的) advantages to a five-day week. 9. I _________ (道歉) to her for stepping on her foot. 10. This country gained its __________ (独立) in 1960. 11. Everybody _________ (钦佩, 羡慕) her for her bravery. 12. A crowd ________ (聚集，集合) to see what was happening. 13. People in Wenchuan have a great need for ______ (农业的, 耕种的) products. 14. Hugging each friend is the _______ (风俗, 习惯) of the local people. 15. Charlie Chaplin was _______ (把...奖给, 授与) a special Oscar for his outstanding work in films in 1972. 16. She is full of _______ (energetic) and seems never to be tired. 17. A ______ (balance) diet can make people live longer. 18. His answer did not satisfy my ______ (curious) at all. 19. The decision has been made after_______ (consult) with some businessmen. 20. My time is more _____ (limit) now that I have a baby. 21. Only when he climbed to the top of the pole did he find the ____(标志), reading “Wet paint!” 22. Don?t ________ (怒目而视) at me! I?m not the one to blame. 23. The new highway will _______ (受益) the village people. 24. You cannot _______ (同时干/ 做) studying for your exams with a wild social life. 25. He pushed against the rock with all his _______ (力量). 26. Tom was fired because he often made his _______ (顾客) angry. 27. I need to pay off all my ______ (债务) before I leave the country. 28. Chewing carefully helps you ______ (消化) well. 29. We are grateful for your ______ (合作) in clearing the hall as soon as possible. 30. This information is only ________ (未加工的) data and will need further analysis(分析). 31. Marianna listened to his story with great _______ (patient). 32. It is _______ (believe) that a human being has been living in a lonely mountain cave for as long as ten years. 33. Time _______ (permit), I?ll explain it to you. 34. Though it was _______ (pay), many volunteers took an active part. 35. There is little water and few trees. But the desert also has ______ (scene) of great beauty. 36. He is very tall and can be easily ________ (认出) in the crowd. 37. He couldn?t afford the ________ (旅费) so he was turned away. 38. Do it in a businesslike ________ (方式). 39. Virginia is famous as the ________ (出生地) of several US presidents. 40. A friend in need is a friend ________ (真正地). 41. It was the first time for Lily to go abroad, which was a real ______ (冒险). 42. According to their custom, they have some _______ (甜食) before the main course. 43. The little girl suddenly ________ (尖叫) loudly at the sight of the snake. 44. This ring is ________ (真的) gold. 45. He found himself _________ (身无分文的) in a strange city. 46. When the operation was finished successfully, all the doctors and nurses burst into __. （欢呼） 47. He is fond of the ________（气氛）of peace and calm in the country. 48. There is wood _______（漂浮）on the water in he distance.
第 36 页 共 46 页
49. Anything that is dropped falls towards the center of the earth because of the pull of ______(重力). 50. He was in a _______ (粗暴的) temper and began throwing things about. 51. There is a big underground railway ______（系统）in London. 52. We can?t __________（生存）without water and food. 53. In old times people had a _______（理论）that the world was flat. 54. When he was young, he was interested in _________ (天文学) 55. She is very ________（虔诚的）and goes to church four times a week. 56. Moderate exercise is _________（基础的）to good health 57. Freezing winter is _________（有害的）to orange trees 58. Our fears ___________（增加）as we went deeper and deeper into the cave 59. _________（全球的）warming is a serious problem we face nowadays. 60. He was quite _________（迷惑）about what to do next 61. His words are strongly________(impressive) on my memory. 62. The animals were________(使恐怖)by the storm. 63. Mother________(测量) me to see what size of dress I should have. 64. There are seven _________ （大陆）and four oceans in the world. 65. China is a _______ (多元文化的) country, with more than fifty ethnic (民族) groups living together. 66. My employer will________（证实）that I was there on time. 67. As a child, I was _______(包围着)by love and kindness. 68. They climbed to the top of the hill to admire the beautiful _______(景色). 69. The job will take _______(大约) three weeks, and cost $1,000. 70. Lily was born in the countryside but was brought up in the ______(市区). 71. We lived near the ______(边界) between France and Germany. 72. You?re always _______(mixture) me up with my twin brother. 73. I am ______(please) with your success, and your mother will be much happier. 74. Try to keep _______ (不超出) the law. 75. When I drive in the __(mist) morning, I could see nothing but the maple trees beside the road. Keys: 1. belief 2. energetic 3. arrival 4. celebration 5. religious.6. forgive 7. harvest 8. obvious 9. apologized 10. independence 11. admires 12. gathered 13. agricultural 14. custom 15. awarded 16. energy 17. balanced 18. curiosity 19. consulting/ consultation 20. limited 21. sign 22. glare 23. benefit 24. combine 25. strength 26. customers 27. debts 28. digest 29. cooperation 30. raw 31. patience 32. unbelievable 33. permitting 34. unpaid 35. scenery36. spotted 37. passage 38. manner 39. birthplace 40.indeed 41. adventure 42. dessert 43. screamed 44. genuine 45. penniless46. cheers 47. atmosphere 48. floating 49. gravity 50. violent51. system 52. exist 53. theory 54. astronomy 55. religious56. fundamental 57. harmful 58. multiplied 59. global 60. puzzled 61. impressed 62. terrified 63. measured 64. continents 65. multicultural 66. confirm 67. surrounded 68. scenery 69. approximately 70. downtown 71. border 72. mixing 73. pleased 74. within 75. misty
二.单词填空 1. The article introduces to us some women of great _______(成就) 2. She ______ (奉献)her life to the _______(福利) of the nation. 3. Lin Qiaozhi was a _______ (专家) in women?s illnesses. 4. I wonder if there is a_______(联系)between what we eat and how we develop physically. 5. Hilary Clinton is determined to win the presidential _____(运动,战役) 6. She spent years ________(观察) chimp?s daily activities. 7. Since her _________-(童年), she had wanted to work with animals. 8. She ____(不同意,反驳) that wild animals should not be used for ___ (娱乐) or advertisements. 9. Her success ________(鼓舞,启发) those who want to cheer the achievements of women. 10. What made her succeed later on was the _____ and ____ she showed to all her patients. 11. I must thank my parents for their ___-(支持). Without them , I wouldn?t be what I am today. 12. You need to earn _______(尊敬) from others, not demand it.
第 37 页 共 46 页
13. Today some other teachers come to ______(观摩) our English class. 14. When you write, you need to consider who your ______-(观众) is. 15. He announced that he will stay away from the______-(娱乐) business. 单词拓展: Achieve----n___________ special-----adv.__________ Connect----n.___________ entertainment----v._______ inspiration----v._________ observe-----n.__________ Organ-------n____________ behavior----v.__________ Argue-----n______________ consideration----v.________ 三.短语填空 1. She is ______ a busy ________. (过着..生活) 2. People _________ _________ when the door opened.(涌进) 3. ____ _____ I _____ _____ an article about a doctor called Lin Qiaozhi.(碰巧, 遇见) 4. The medicine ______ not ______ _______children under the age of 12.(为。.而设) 5. Lin Qiaozhi?s story inspires me to ______ ______ her good work.(献身) 6. The one-child policy has helped _____ _____ (减少) the _____ ______(出生率) in China. 7. Elizabeth ____ not ____ ____ her easy life and her growing family.(对…满意) 8. In the past, poor people _____ often _____ ______ _____ by others.(被。..看不起) 9. If you want to know how to translate this sentence, you should ____ ____ a dictionary.(参考) 10. After eating, the chimps started to ______ ______..(离开) Keys: I. achievement welfare project institute specialist connection human being campaign campaign organization behave behavior shade shade worthwhile nest bond observe observation childhood outspoken respect argue argument entertainment crowd crowd in inspiration II 1.dress (up) as 2. Drive ?out of 3. Be put to death be sentenced to death 4. Prison conditions 5. Be concerned about 6. A specialist in 7.Devote one’s life to sth. 8.rather than 9. be given a prize III.1.Achievements 2. devoted, welfare 3. specialist 4.Connection 5 campaign 6 observing 7 childhood 8 argued/argues, entertainment 9 inspires/inspired 10 kindness, consideration11Support12.respect13observe14audience 15 entertainment 单 词 拓 展 : Achievement specially Connection entertain inspire observation Organization behave Argument considerate IV.短语填空 1 leading , life 2.crowded in 3.By chance, came across 4.is not intended for 5.carry on 6.cut down, birth rate 7.was, content with 8.were, looked down upon 9. refer to10. move off
Unit 2 Working the land
一、单词拼写 1. H ________ is one of the biggest problems in developing countries. 2. The o______ of grain has doubled in China in the last ten years. 3. Are you s_______ with your exam result? 4. The American people _________(斗争)to get independence from Britain. 5. His skin is black because he got ______(日晒) in his holiday. 6. China is rich in ________(矿产) resources. 7．A d_____ is equal to ten years. 8. If you have any _______（评论）, please send them to the above address. 9. After finishing reading the text, give a _____ （概括）of it without only 30 words. 10. The business has _____ (扩大)greatly over the last year. 11. Blood ___________ (循环)through the body. 12.Would you please give me a ___________ (摘要)of your speech. 13. When I said some people were stupid, I wasn?t r_____ to you.
第 38 页 共 46 页
14. The soldiers were well _______（装备） with weapons（武器） and ready to start. 15. They?ve _____（降低） the prices in the shop, so it?s good time to buy. ***词汇拓展（按要求写出对应的形式） disturb __________(adj) satisfied______________(v) free _____________(n) chemistry _____________(adj) bacterium ___________ (pl) produce_______________(n) discover_______________(n) 一．单词拼写 1.Hunger 2. output 3. satisfied 4.struggled 5. sunburnt 6. mineral 7. decade 8. comments 9. summary 10. expanded 11. circulates 12. summary 13. referring 14. equipped 15. reduced
Unit 3 A Taste of English Humour
Ⅰ.单词拼写： 1、I felt so full that I couldn?t eat another m_________. 2、Success always comes after many f________. 3、The disease soon spread t________ the country. 4、The famous actor Jackie Chan has s______ in many excellent films. 5、He often provides food to the h______. 6、He is an _________(杰出的) writer and everyone knows about him. 7、They ________(低声地) to each other, so I couldn?t hear what they said. 8、He gave no _______(解释) for what he was doing yesterday evening. 9、The car rushed at the bridge at ________ (惊人的) speed. 10、For my own part, being nice about appearance keeps me ________.(自信) Ⅱ.完成句子： 1、 The top five students ____ ____ ____ to take part in the national English contest. （挑选出来） 2、The electricity _____ _____ _____ because of the earthquakes.（切断） 3、Her life has run smoothly _____ ____ _____. (到目前) 4、The richest person is the one who _____ ______ _____ what he has.（满足于） 5、_____ _____ _____ the small boy swam across the river. （令我们吃惊的是） 6、Mark has lost his job and is ______ _____ than ever. (更糟) 7、I noticed her clothes ____ _____ , because she was dressed in such unusual color. (特别的) 8、The helicopter began to fly south ____ _____ _____ the crashed plane. (寻找) 9、It feels ____ _____ it is going to rain. (好像) 10、By visiting schools, they hope to _____ children ____ put on their own production. (鼓励) Keys: 一、单词拼写 1. mouthful 2. failures3. throughout 4. starred5. Homeless6. outstanding 7. Whispered 8. explanation 9. Astonishing 10. confident 二、完成句子 1.Were picked out 2. was cut off3. Up to now 4. is content with5. To our astonishment 6. worse off 7. In particular 8. in search of 9. As if 10. inspire/encourage; to 三、单词默写 1.Astonish 2.Content 3.Difficulty 4.Entertain 5.Mouthful 6.Overcome 7.Snowstorm
10. mountainous11.Whisper12. Ordinary13. Direct14. Unfortunately15. Occasion16. Convince 17. Budget18. Moustache19. Explanation20. react
第 39 页 共 46 页
Unit5 Healthy Eating
一、单词拼写 1.A _____________to Chinese universities depends on examination results. 2.In big cities, there are theatres, films, football matches and many other a_________. 3.The crocodile is a strange- looking c___________. 4.How much do you c_________ for mending this pair of shoes? 5.He bought me some _________(纪念品) on his travel to Hainan. 6.He was elected monitor of the class; only a__________ (少数人)are against it. 7.He had great difficulty in learning the _________ (高级的)English course. 8.The _________ (设备) in this factory was expensive. 9.A new ________(品种) of wheat was introduced to China. 10.What?s your favorite _________ (牌子)of shoes? 11.You can find the most ______ （多种多样的）information on this subject on the Internet. 12.You will make a ________ （收费）by selling it now; if you wait, the price may fall. 13.No one wanted to get ________（卷入）in the quarrel. 14.Anne ______ （助兴）us by dancing. 15.Men ______（创造）a social and economic position of advantage for themselves over women. ***词汇拓展（按要求写出对应的形式） valuable_____________ (n) amuse_______________(adj) amuse_______________(n) creature _______________(v) athletic ____________(n) pass ______________(n) satisfy ____________ (n) variety _______________(adj) entertain ____________(adj) equip ________________(n) 四、完成句子 1.他经常玩游戏消遣. He _______ _____ ______ playing computer games. 2.中华民俗村为游客人提供了各种各样的娱乐项目. China?s Cultural Theme Park offers its visitors ____ ____ ____ amusement. 3.他不仅仅是我们的老师,还是我们的朋友. He ___ ____ ____ my teacher. He is my friend as well. 4.这双鞋他向我要了$100. He _____ ___ $ 100 ___ that pair of shoes. 5.他失败是有些原因的. There ____ ____ _____ why he failed. 6.所有的孩子都参加了学校的彩排 All the children ___ ____ ___ the school play. 7.The film My Fair Lade ______ _____ _____ Pygmalion.（根据 ... 改编） 8.They were very happy that they had chances to ____ _____ ____the famous singer.（靠近） 9.When I saw pictures, the past ______ ________ ________.（呈现眼前） 10.The children there ______ ________ ___________ their grandfather. （以...命名） 一、单词拼写： 1. admisson2. amusements3. creature4. charge5. souvenirs6. minority7. advanced 8. equipment9. variety10. brand11various12. charge13. involved14. entertain15.created 词 汇 拓 展 : value, amusing, amusement, create, athlete, passenger, satisfaction, various, entertaining, equipment 四、完成句子 1. amuses himself, by2. a variety of3. is more than4. charged me, for5. are certain reasons 6. were involved in7. was based on8. get close to9. came to life10. were named after
新教材高一英语(上)单词拼写竞赛试题及参考答案 1、She prefers popular music to c (古典的)works. 2、She learned to survive in a d_________(荒芜的) island. 3、 headmaster gave a feelingful s The (演说)about good manners to the whole school.
第 40 页 共 46 页
4、Life has many joys and s (悲伤). 5、She is a brave girl. She is never s (害怕的)of anything. 6、He is leading an i ___ （独立的）life. He lives on his own. 7、This is his n （本国的）town. He was born here. 8、The doctor asked me to show my t （舌头）. 9、C______ _(相比较)with the service industry, foreign trade is more important . 10、people c (交流)with each other by means of words. 11、Only a narrow strait(海峡) s （分隔）North America from Asia. 12、Her temperature has returned to n （正常）. 13、Have you ever had any a (冒险的)experience? 14、The two countries c (联合起来)against their common enemy in the past. 15、You should do with the matter r_______ _(有责任地). 16、All these difficulties were caused by natural d (灾难). 17、We s （吞咽了）all our food and drink. 18、The forest was d （毁坏）by fire. 19、The world is full of o_______(机遇)and challenges. 20、It?s n （淘气的）to pull your sister?s hair. 21、This film is for a （成年人）only. Children mustn?t watch it. 22、She wants to study d (戏剧)and become an actress. 23、Zhao Benshan wrote the s (剧本)for the TV play Liu Laogen himself. 24、A c (生物) is anything that is alive. 25、She is d_______ (决心)to go abroad. 26、Allow me to i (介绍)my fiend Miss Wood to you. 27、The new teacher made a good i （印象）on the students. 28、You had better make an a____ _(道歉)for your cruelty. 29、I don?t want to i （打断）you, Go on with your story. 30、She l out （漏掉）a “c” in the word “account”. 31、The old building had become a ruin but the people of the town r （修复） it. 32、A p （肖像）of his wife hangs in their bedroom. 33、After a week at the beach her skin was b （青铜色）. 34、Let us make a u (团结的)effort to increase the output of this factory. 35、She was an active r (革命的) fighter in 1789. 36、He won the first place in the c （比赛）. 37、I like the m (格言) “Where there is a will, there is a way.” 38、A person who practices sports and games is called an a (运动员). 39、There are seven c (大洲)in the world. 40、Although he is fat, yet he doesn?t want to lose w (重量). 41、 People want to buy the l （最新的） newspapers; nobody wants to buy yesterday?s. 42、As soon as they found their car stolen, they d （拨）the police number. 43、Their b (行为)towards me show that they dislike me. 44、The scientists have already succeeded in c (克隆)sheep. 45、I?ve got enough n (消极的)advice, it only tells what not to do. 46、When building m (材料)cost more, the price of houses grew up. 47、Our head teacher o (组织) a party last Saturday.
第 41 页 共 46 页
48、Of all the suggestions, I found yours most a (有吸引力的). 49、The worst problem we have to face is the 21 century will be e (环境的)problem. 50、Your advice at present is v (有价值的)to me. 51、I play many i (乐器), such as the guitar, piano and violin. 52、which do you think are best musical p (表演)in China? 53、They all wish to protect the t (传统)Chinese culture. 54、Some people like v (多样化), but others do not. 55、A person who learns and understands quickly has good i_____ _(智力). 56、Mother always puts her hand on my f (额头)to see if I?ve caught a fever whenever I cough. 57、There will be several e (展览)in the city next month. 58、He w (低声说)to me that I had passed the exam. 59、The happy father often gives his son a ride on his s （肩）. 60、An a (通告) is being made that we?ll be off for two days. 61、 L （文学） necessary in our life, as it teaches, entertains and helps us understand is who we are. 62、The Merchant of Venice is one of Shakespeare?s most famous c (喜剧). 63、This is the first large art e （展览）with works by Picasso in China. 64、The children played a t on（作弄） the girl who has just come to the class, Later they apologized to her for their unpleasant behavior. 65、I used to play badminton twice a week, but I have got out of the h （习惯）recently. 66、The boy has a handsome face except for the s （伤疤）on his forehead. 67、 “Where would the restroom be?” she w （不知道）. 68、 “What was the a （通告）about?” “It said that all students be free tomorrow after lunch.” 69、F (皮毛)is the thick coat of soft hair covering the skin of an animal, such as a fox or a bear. 70、 More and more Chinese people choose to go on a t (旅游)to a foreign country for their vacation. 71、Products for women are always attractively p （包装）. 72、Jenny explained to the children why used b （电池）can be harmful to the environment. 73、I wrote an e-mail to my key pal in Rome, asking for his real name . He didn?t r (回应). 74、Young people usually have more e （能量）than older people. 75、There are many small things we can do to r （减少）the pollution of the environment. 76、They have spent a large a of (大量的) money protecting wild animals. 77、There is some green vegetable left between your teeth. You need a t （牙签） to get it out. 78、T （青少年）are young people who are between 13and 19 years old. 79、According to our school c （日历）the last exam for this term will be on January 80、The manager won?t see you unless you have made an a （预约）with him.
第 42 页 共 46 页
81、Remember, dial 110 in case of an e （紧急情况）. 82、Jerry is a little nervous today because he is going for a job i （面试）. 83、The p （行量）we live on is called Earth. 84、 Although c （文化的） differences are real and can add richness and understanding to our lives ,people everywhere have much in common, such as a need for love and peace. 85、There are five of us in the family, or six if you i （包括）the dog. 86、The palaces that were badly damaged in the war have been carefully r （修复）. 87、watch out for fire. Sally is b （烧）the fallen leaves in the garden. 88、Look at that little girl! what a b （美人）! 89、 found an old p She （相片） herself, which was taken when she was a girl at school. of 90、 earthquake caused great d The （损害） many people died and many more lost their ; homes. 91、This p （工程）is to build a new library which will cost one million pounds. 92、The two o （官方的）languages in Canada are French and English. 93、A new law has been passed to l （限制）pollution of the air. 94、Is it good manners for children to i （打断）adults when they are talking? 95、The parents f （原谅）the boy for his rudeness. 96、I want to go with you to visit Grandma, I promise I will b myself（举止得当）. 97、Please use this c （布）to wash the dishes. 98、The wind r （使升了起来）the fallen leaves from the ground. 99、 is a Spanish c It （风俗） stand very close and look into the eyes when talking to to somebody. 100、Take care of yourself. You have had a lot of e （额外的）work since last month. 101、It is not polite to s at（盯着看）people like that. 102、Maggie Cheung is a popular actress. You can quite often see her on the s （荧屏）. 103、It must have come from outer space. I have never seen such a strange b （生物） in my life. 104、Work and taking care of the family are the two most important things in a （成年人）life. 105、Having been at war for eight years, the people of that country want nothing but p （和平） 。 106、Please a （接受）my apology(抱歉)for having broken your DVD player. 107、 The young man won the first p （奖品） 1,000 yuan in the singing competition. of 108、Is it true that reading is a b （基本的）tool of learning in higher education? 109、A good sleeping bag is a necessary part of every traveller?s e （装备）. 110、Jim said that the whitewater rafting trip was full of e （刺激）. 111、We had no m （方式）of transport except for two bicycles. 112、Travellers should learn to be more friendly to n （大自然）in order to keep its beauty. 113、Don?t worry. Everything is n （正常的）. 114、Be careful with these pretty plants. They are p （有毒的）and cannot be eaten. 115、 She wished to spend the holiday s （只是） staying at home and listening to music. 116、Camels(骆驼) are still being used for t （交通）in the desert.
第 43 页 共 46 页
117、Nancy is going to Hawaii for her two-week v （假期）. 118、To get to the eleventh floor, Americans will look for the e__ __(电梯), while the British ask for the lift . 119、In Britain, cars run on p (汽油), but the same stuff is called gas in America. 120、When the British invite you to their flat, the Americans will ask you to come around to their a (公寓). 121、 America, the season after summer is called f____ (秋季), but the English say autumn. In 122、 When Americans buy a ticket for the subway, Englishmen would go to u (地铁). 123、In America you would say g_____ (垃圾) for all the things you no longer want, but English people call that rubbish. 124、Englishmen will empty their waste paper baskets into the d (垃圾箱), while Americans will take them to the trash can. 125、 p__________ 百分之） of the money was given to the poor children without parents . 70 （ 126、A period of two weeks in America is what the British mean when they talk about a f______（两星期）. 127、In America, high school students go on to college, while in Britain they would go to u__ _(大学). 128、This new world can be s （类似的）to the one we are living in, or it can be very different. 129、We pick up a book and lose ourselves in a good story, e (渴望的)to find out what will happen next. 130、 Song writers are no longer writing about the modern v （价值观） the USA----of money, success or expensive things to buy. 131、Country music today r (仍然是)much the same as before. 132、There are also people who like to k (喂养) Malayan sun bears as pets. 133、Today there are only five s （种类）left, and they are all endangered. 134、The project was successfully c (竣工)in 1966. 135、The Aswan High Dam c (控制)the waters of the Nile so that they now run regularly (有规律地) all through the year. 136、Before coming to America, Chan made his c (事业)in Hong Kong. 137、He dreamed of make a film that Asian and American a (观众)can both enjoy. 138、In Russia, you often have to m （较量）your drink with that of your host if you want to be friendly. 139、He?s got more money than t (修养；鉴赏力)。 140、When meeting people, westerners usually s hands (握手). 141、B your nose(擤鼻涕)at the table or spitting isn?t very polite. 142、France will be r ( 代表)by three fencers(击剑手)。 143、Another sport we may not know much about is the hammer t (掷铅球)。 144、New inventions and d_____ _(发现)have made it possible for us to think about the world in new ways. 145、Science is the t (工具)that we use to make our dreams become real and to build a new world with our ideas. 146、The outside of the earth is made of a number of different p (板块). 147、The p (人口)in and around san Francisco is now ten times larger than it was in
第 44 页 共 46 页
1906. 148、S (分享)the deep blue with its beautiful creatures is a popular form of adventure travel. 149、The experience will make a wonderful m (回忆)and may change the way you think about life and nature. 150、She helped Sarah o (克服)her shyness. 参考答案： 1—5classical、deserted、speech、sorrows、scared 6—10independent、native、tongue、compared、communicate 11—15separates、normal、adventurous、combined、responsibly 16—20disasters、swallowed、destroyed、opportunities、naughty 21—25adults、drama、script、creature、determined 26—30introduce、impression、apology、interrupt、left 31—35restored、portrait、bronze、united、revolutionary 36—40competition、motto、athlete、continents、weight 41—45latest、dialled、behaviors、cloning、negative 46—50materials、organized、attractive、environmental、valuable 51—55instruments、performances、traditional、variety、intelligence 56—60forehead、exhibitions、whispered、shoulders、announcement 61—65literature、comedies、exhibition、trick、habit 66—70scar、wondered、announcement、Fur、tour 71—75packaged、batteries、respond、energy、reduce 76—80ammount、toothpick、teenagers、calendar、appointment 81—85emergency、interview、planet、cultural、include 86—90restored、burning、beauty、photograph、damages 91—95project、official、limit、interrupt、forgave 96—100behave、cloth、raised、custom、extra 101—105stare、screen、being、adult、peace 106—110accept、prize、basic、equipment、excitement 111—115means、nature、normal、poisonous、simply 116—120traffic、vacation、elevator、petrol、apartment 121—125fall、underway、garbage、dustbins、percent 126—130fortnight、university、similar、eager、values 131—135remains、keep、species、completed、controls 136—140career、audience、match、taste、shake 141—145Blowing、represented、throw、discoveries、tool 146—150plates、population、sharing、memory、overcome
第 45 页 共 46 页
81. promoted 82. reacted 83. classical 84. crowded 85. Congratulations 86. battery 87. obvious 88. regular 89. rejected 90. optimistic 91. dived 92. social 93. decorate 94. scholarship 95. skillful/skilful 96. designed 97. adult 98. fashion 99. focuses 100. suburb
第 46 页 共 46 页